Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Drew's out there donating anonymously in Jonah's memory, calling Monica "mom," snarkily bantering with Margaux, and just generally proving how much more likeable and interesting he is than Jason. How Sam could give him up so that she and Danny could sit dead last on Jason's to-do list, I'll never understand.

Paparazzi Julian had better be leading up to him uncovering the baby switch, since we were reminded he has a picture of the real Wiley. At some point he's got to realize the picture from the hospital doesn't match the pictures he took at Kelly's. I did get a kick out of him and Ava cooing over the baby and Lucas telling the baby to watch out for troublemaking Aunt Ava.

We went from Carly whining to Sonny that she wanted her real life back to her popping up to visit Nelle, because THAT is Carly's real life, getting all glammed up to kick sand in the eyes of her enemy. Admittedly she has every right to hate Nelle, but I'm not interested in one of Carly's showy spectacles as she regains the upper hand.  

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Linny said:

I did get a kick out of him [Julian] and Ava cooing over the baby and Lucas telling the baby to watch out for troublemaking Aunt Ava.

But...isn't Julian not supposed to be anywhere near the baby?  Why did they make that such a thing if it wasn't going to be a thing?

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

But...isn't Julian not supposed to be anywhere near the baby?  Why did they make that such a thing if it wasn't going to be a thing?

Could even this show try to  justify saying that Julian is a bad influence and could get the adoption cancelled while sponsor Carly is on the lam for breaking out of Ferncliffe twice?

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Could even this show try to  justify saying that Julian is a bad influence and could get the adoption cancelled while sponsor Carly is on the lam for breaking out of Ferncliffe twice?

I'm sure they would try. Julian hasn't yet dug up Charlie's and found the body, has he?

• Love 1

Kudos to Parry Shen.  The look on Brad's face when Michael was holding the baby was part, "i'm going to pee my pants" and part "i'm going to puke".  Everything he was thinking/feeling was right there to see.  That's not always easy to do.

I get that Carly has a stash of tshirts and jeans at the safehouse, but would she really have a shi shi black dress there?  And did she really need to get all dolled up to go to the station?  Shouldn't she be trying to blend in and not be noticed?  

Love the Ava/Julian relationship.  

Loved that real Monica is back.   Loved the Monica/Drew scene and him calling her mom.  Loved that she snarked out sonny by saying his name is all over the hospital because that's the kind of guy that he is, all showy, while Drew makes an anonymous donation and denies it.  

Loved the Monica/Michael scene, though I wish we would have seen Monica's reaction to hearing the news about Jonah.  

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Loved the Monica/Michael scene, though I wish we would have seen Monica's reaction to hearing the news about Jonah.  

Yeah, agreed.  When we heard in the Monica/Drew scene that she already knew the baby "died", I figured we would get nothing between her and Michael about it so I was happily surprised when they did.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Perkie said:

I get that Carly has a stash of tshirts and jeans at the safehouse, but would she really have a shi shi black dress there?  And did she really need to get all dolled up to go to the station?  Shouldn't she be trying to blend in and not be noticed? 

What Carly should do and what Carly does do crosses only about 1% of the time.

There is still an APB on Carly.  How exactly did she waltz into the room with Nelle? Hopefully it's a hallucination or else the PCPD are completely incompetent.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

How exactly did she waltz into the room with Nelle? Hopefully it's a hallucination or else the PCPD are completely incompetent.

At first I thought it was a dream on Nelle's part because Carly wouldn't be stupid enough to waltz right into the PCPD.  But then I remembered, this is Carly were talking about the and the Corinthi are nothing if not arrogant a**holes.  With Sonny keeping JOrdan distracted in the other room, I have no trouble believing Carly walked in unnoticed (or with the help of Sonny's mole) to snark out Nelle.  

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I do think it's just a coincidence, but it's funny how all the PCPD players have left the building.

Can you blame them? Their characters are professionally incompetent 99 percent of the time.

• Love 6

I really hate Nelle, but fugitive Carly strutting into the PCPD interrogation room like no biggie and smirking is really gross. This is so damn ridiculous. 

Monica is back and the first person she gets to interact with was Drew which made me happy. Drew on screen highlights everything that is wrong with Jason. The Sam/Michael scenes weren't bad. But you know, Sam, you don't have to accept Jason's behavior. Let go for crying out loud. Tell him to take a hike. 

Everything else was a dumpster fire.

• Love 15
20 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

all the PCPD players have left the building.

Isn't Valerie supposed to be coming back?  Though I don't know why, the 4th of July is over.

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, LillyB said:

Another day and Sonny yelling at Jordan yet again.

Ferncliff is a state facility. Jordan is a city commissioner. She has no say. Sonny, go to your buddy the Governor, and even then, Carly escaped twice.

Cue "That's Not How It Works" Old Lady.

• Love 6

Idk about the rest of you guys but CD has been knocking his scenes out of the park lately 

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And her POV is correct - Carly and the Corinthii en masse deserve to suffer.

She could’ve targeted them another way but to gaslight someone over their dead son no matter how good or bad they are is pretty cruel

For the life of me, I don't understand how Ava thinks putting the blanket back in the house is a good idea.  Seems to me that it's in Ava's best interest that the blanket disappear.  It seems unlikely that the baby's room wouldn't have been searched already, so having the blanket turn up there just opens the door to the possibility of a Nelle co-conspirator. If someone else can explain Ava's 'logic' to me, I'd really appreciate it!

• Love 2

I think Ava is thinking that if they find the blanket, than it means Nelle lied about it's existence, thereby showing that she also lied about Carly pushing her.  It would be the final nail in Nelle's coffin, for a certain trip to either Pentonville or Ferncliff.  Anything Nelle now says about Ava and the DNA test or Ava as co-consipiritor just looks like more lying on Nelle's part.  

• Love 5

So Carly and Sonny leave Grand Central Station, I'm sorry, the "safe house," and waltz right into the police station? Why bother hiding out in the first place? Nobody from the incompetent mobster sympathizing PCPD was tailing any of the obvious people in either Carly or Jason's life. They apparently don't have somebody watching the front door of the station either. And I'm at my wits end because this still wasn't the dumbest fucking thing that happened today. The blanket. I CAAAAAAAN'T. Throw the damn thing out, burn it, unravel it, whatever! How is this an issue?! How are these writers employed? 

Edited by CharethCutestory
  • Love 6

Micheal needs to go away to "grieve" his loss and return with a new actor playing him.  CD does not have the acting chops for this pivotal role.  He is the next generation Quartermaine.  Micheal should be played by a handsome strong charismatic leading man.  Chad can't play a romantic lead.  All of Michael's romantic pairings have been awful because Chad looks so awkward in love scenes.  CHad can not help that he has such a baby face but it is a problem for the character.  I can't take him seriously as the CEO of ELQ, he looks like he should  be getting my coffee at Dunkin Doughnuts.  He was raised by mobster yet he has no edge.   When/if they do recast him TPTB should move him away from Carson and allow him to embrace being a Quatermaine.  Maybe he went to therapy for his grief from "losing" Jonah and walked away with a new perspective on being raised by the mob.  Serena Baldwin would be a great love interest, lots of angst there!  They could also give Michael a social life complete with a group of friends.  Imagine a twenty-something multi millionaire not having a single friend to have a beer with?  Michael has so much potential but not with Chad playing him. 

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Micheal needs to go away to "grieve" his loss and return with a new actor playing him.  CD does not have the acting chops for this pivotal role.  He is the next generation Quartermaine.  Micheal should be played by a handsome strong charismatic leading man.  Chad can't play a romantic lead.  All of Michael's romantic pairings have been awful because Chad looks so awkward in love scenes.  CHad can not help that he has such a baby face but it is a problem for the character.  I can't take him seriously as the CEO of ELQ, he looks like he should  be getting my coffee at Dunkin Doughnuts.  He was raised by mobster yet he has no edge.   When/if they do recast him TPTB should move him away from Carson and allow him to embrace being a Quatermaine.  Maybe he went to therapy for his grief from "losing" Jonah and walked away with a new perspective on being raised by the mob.  Serena Baldwin would be a great love interest, lots of angst there!  They could also give Michael a social life complete with a group of friends.  Imagine a twenty-something multi millionaire not having a single friend to have a beer with?  Michael has so much potential but not with Chad playing him. 

Agreed.  He's horrible.  But I doubt he's going anywhere with his three bodyguards on set.  Only way he's leaving is by his own choice.

• Love 1

I think Chad Duell has done good work in the past and he's not responsible for the truly bizarre way Michael is written to have no agency or life outside his parents - which is by far the biggest problem with the character - but, yes, he's the male lead in the late-20s/early-30's age range and he's...not compelling. Let's say that. He is not compelling.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 13
28 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

I agree so much with this. Michael, the way he's written and the way CD portrays him has zero edge which makes no sense when as you said, he's been raised by the Corinthii and Quartermaines. He should ooze confidence and swagger to an arrogant level. This milquetoast softie is totally inconceivable given his genes and who reared him. Look at Joss. Already a She Beast junior. And she's half Jax. Between the the two families I think Chad's strengths would be played up most by embracing his Q side, but he's just miscast all around imo. And as @Hater said, CD is well protected there, so he's Michael as long as he wants to be. 

The guy who played Michael before Chad, I remember thinking he was really talented whenever I would tune in back then. He had screen presence. He even resembled the Jason and AJ Q look. I don't know why he was recast. Maybe to age Michael a bit. 

• Love 5

I don’t know. Monica seemed pretty chipper a day or two after her long-awaited great-grandon was born stillborn and the baby’s mother whom she championed and invited into her home tried to kill her beloved grandson.

• Love 2

Is there a more tepid and tedious pairing in the history of soaps than Jason and Sam?  The whispering, the staring...the non-contact?   There is non existent passion!  This is your DESTINY COUPLE, GH?

Edited by Hater
  • Love 13
14 minutes ago, Hater said:

Is there a more tepid and tedious pairing in the history of soaps than Jason and Sam?  The whispering, the staring...the non-contact?  They are torture.

Jason and Sonny? Jason and Carly?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, gp1999 said:

She could’ve targeted them another way but to gaslight someone over their dead son no matter how good or bad they are is pretty cruel

Agreed. Although, the cruelty of the actions was pretty well undermined by the stupidity of the story.  Between the penguins and the complete disconnect with any version of the character that has actually appeared on the show it didn't really feel like gaslighting

• Love 5

Why does Carly have to go to Canada for three months? What is magic about that time period?

I cracked up when Carly kept yelping about how everyone needs her and she has to stay in PC. IT'S YOUR FAULT THAT'S HAPPENING, LADY. Gah. 

Jason has no idea what Carly's signature looks like? Some BFF.

LC's hair is the definition of taupe. It's not very flattering.

13 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

the cruelty of [Nelle's] actions was pretty well undermined by the stupidity of the story. 

That was before they knew CL wanted to leave, not that an actor needs to leave for a story not to be stupid.

LOL at Julian totally ignoring Margaux. I don't like the way she's jerking Drew around and he doesn't even know it.

Ugh, fuck Sonny for threatening Jordan. AGAIN. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Seriously? Isn't it a crime to threaten a cop, much less the police commissioner? Arrest him!

28 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Agreed. Although, the cruelty of the actions was pretty well undermined by the stupidity of the story.  Between the penguins and the complete disconnect with any version of the character that has actually appeared on the show it didn't really feel like gaslighting

Right? If anyone was being gaslighted (gaslit?), it felt like it was the audience.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

This weekend Mr.Moving and I watched a documentary on the Godfather series.   Francis Ford Coppola pointed out that the third movie's focus was the price Michael Corleone pays for turning to the darkside all those years ago.  By the end of the movie he has lost his family, his power and maybe his soul.  The Godfather 3 was an awful movie but it made me think that this is how the end of Sonny's story should play out.  Sonny should start to lose everything bit by bit until he is sitting alone in his house and dies wheelchair.  This story would give MB'egp some Emmy bait and also relieve us of Don Corinthi once and for all.

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

The Godfather 3 was an awful movie but it made me think that this is how the end of Sonny's story should play out.  Sonny should start to lose everything bit by bit until he is sitting alone in his house and dies wheelchair.  This story would give MB'egp some Emmy bait and also relieve us of Don Corinthi once and for all.

Bonus if he falls out of the wheelchair like Pacino did.

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

This weekend Mr.Moving and I watched a documentary on the Godfather series.   Francis Ford Coppola pointed out that the third movie's focus was the price Michael Corleone pays for turning to the darkside all those years ago.  By the end of the movie he has lost his family, his power and maybe his soul.  The Godfather 3 was an awful movie but it made me think that this is how the end of Sonny's story should play out.  Sonny should start to lose everything bit by bit until he is sitting alone in his house and dies wheelchair.  This story would give MB'egp some Emmy bait and also relieve us of Don Corinthi once and for all.

Would Maurice ever accept that, Scummy losing everything?

On 8/3/2018 at 6:25 PM, Perkie said:

Was it just me, or was that Nelle/Joss fight the worst fight in the history of all fights?  

Not just you.  The moves were so transparently choreographed, it was hilarious.  It reminded me of an episode of GLOW I just watched, where two women were working out a fight sequence: “You move here, then I punch there, then you fall there...” None of the hits even came close to looking like they landed.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Why does Carly have to go to Canada for three months? What is magic about that time period?

I have been wondering that myself. Why do they keep saying 3 months?? Why not 2,or 6?  

I’m surprised nobody mentioned the scene that, to me, was the highlight of Friday’s show:

Robert tells Finn he wants to put a tracking device in Finn’s arm, so he will know where he is at all times.

Finn: “Isn’t that what they do to dogs?”

Robert: (big grin) “Exactly.”

The delivery cracked me UP.

1 hour ago, Tenshinhan said:

Bonus if he falls out of the wheelchair like Pacino did.

Or like Marlon Brando did, with a big orange wedge in his mouth. 

Edited by 30 Helens
  • Love 9
On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:40 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I prefer SLSStupid Little Shit- myself. And it seems he hasn't grown out of it.

This must make Mooby SO proud--that the child he stole and raised to be just like him, is...just like him.

I also enjoyed Carly in the nut house .I remember what they did to A J  I loved Nelle She gave the payback to end all paybacks.. I rooted for her all the way. The only one who ever remembered AJ was Monica,  I can now stop till I see Roberts face.  Its nice to come here and see mobs are us are not all favorites.. I actally fell asleep in the middle of the show today. Sonny went to the police and told them to free Carly not work for Nelle.  Carly is innocent. ?

• Love 4
9 hours ago, testardo said:

Sonny went to the police and told them to free Carly not work for Nelle.  Carly is innocent. ?

In any other world, if the town's king mobster and husband of the woman on the run came into the police station and asked the commissioner, "What would happen if . . . ," antennae would be raised and alarms would go off in the head of every cop within the city limits. Here in PC, not so much. The total inattention to Carly's family members by the police  is  making me twitchy and straining my credulity more than most absurd storylines. (with the possible exception of the rocket launch from Port Charles in the '80s.)

• Love 7
49 minutes ago, rur said:

In any other world, if the town's king mobster and husband of the woman on the run came into the police station and asked the commissioner, "What would happen if . . . ," antennae would be raised and alarms would go off in the head of every cop within the city limits. Here in PC, not so much. The total inattention to Carly's family members by the police  is  making me twitchy and straining my credulity more than most absurd storylines. (with the possible exception of the rocket launch from Port Charles in the '80s.)

In any other world, Sonny would've been being watched since Carly escaped and the cops would've known exactly where she was hiding out.  In PC, never happens.  Carly can waltz into the Jason Morgan Memorial Conference Room and strut around as if not a scene before she was talking about how she had to run to Canada to avoid arrest.

So all these pics Julian is taking of Wylie/Jonah (Jolie? Wynah?) have to come into play somewhere, right?  That baby is cute though (and I love how Ava reacted to him; methinks that's partially Maura, Mom of 5, being a baby lover).

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I love how Ava reacted to him; methinks that's partially Maura, Mom of 5, being a baby lover

I love it when the actor's RL love of babies and kids comes through. MB is tremendous with the little ones.

• Love 12

INVOLUNTARY ECT IS NOT ILLEGAL IN NEW YORK.  The whole plot is ridiculous.   No one remembers chain of evidence.

I wish Jordan had told Sonny "Go ahead and go to the press.  Maybe it will help get more funds for the hospital."  It's nothing to do with Jordan what Carly's experience in Ferncliffe was like.

Sonny "You know Jason and Carly don't deserve to be locked up. "  Me:  Jason is a serial killer and illegally broke into Ferncliffe and got Carly out. Carly attacked a nurse and broke out twice. Damn straight they deserve to be locked up.

Carly "I stayed for my family first and foremost". Me" Liar, you wanted to rub Nelle's nose in it. Otherwise you could have waited till you got out.

Ugh, they're talking about Kristina.  I have no wish at all to have her back.

14 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I’m surprised nobody mentioned the scene that, to me, was the highlight of Friday’s show:

Robert tells Finn he wants to put a tracking device in Finn’s arm, so he will know where he is at all times.

Finn: “Isn’t that what they do to dogs?”

Robert: (big grin) “Exactly.”

The delivery cracked me UP.

Robert's contempt  for Finn's relationship with Ann is just awesome.

14 hours ago, testardo said:

Carly is innocent. ?

Carly is innocent of pushing Nelle downstairs. She's guilty of breaking out of Ferncliffe twice and attacking a nurse, not to mention lying in her plea.  Of course, that's all going to get wiped away.

• Love 9

Carly was every bit as awful today as I feared she'd be. If there's one thing I can never accuse her of, it's underperforming.

"As long as Carly's safe, I'm okay with that [possible prison time]." And Jason's statement right there perfectly illustrates the dichotomy between Carly and Nelle. Carly isn't different than Nelle because she's grown up and seen the error of her ways (that's obviously horseshit), or because she has a loving family; the only thing separating Carly from Nelle is that Carly has lived her entire adult life with the two most powerful men in PC in her back pocket. That's it. Carly and Nelle are equally narcissistic and arguably just as unbalanced, albeit in varying manifestations. But all of Carly's grandiose attitude about how fucking awesome and mighty she is would mean nothing without the threat of Sonny's muscle to back it up. Carly isn't special, she isn't superior, she's simply insulated by Sonny and Jason. Nelle was never so fortunate.

• Love 20
38 minutes ago, Linny said:

Carly was every bit as awful today as I feared she'd be.

Sounds like missing today will be a net gain for my physical and mental health.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4