Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Thank God for Drew and Chase.

Molly Burnett and the Chase actor did have chemistry, but I hope they don't throw another cop at Maxie. 

Drew/Monica. I just really love how happy Drew makes Monica, how he wholeheartedly accepted her and just loves her. And this is a man who doesn't even know what his past as an orphan was like. So extra points for him for embracing her and allowing her to be part of his life. I think Alan would have been proud of him.

Chase just makes me happy. His very presence on the show even if he's just standing in the background is just nice.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Awww, Monica.

While I think it's great she gets to have scenes with Drew where she's happy, my ideal scenario to start the day's show is LC as Monica walking into the room where Sonny is trying to intimidate Nelle, do her disgusted face as seeing him, yell "What fresh hell is this?!" and then tell Sonny YOU MURDERED MY SON, GET OUT!! as the housekeeping staff physically carry that trash out of the mansion. 

• Love 12

I really wish Drew had taken Monica up on her offer to move into the Q mansion.  The two of them have such a wonderful relationship.  It is heartwarming to see Monica have a son who is capable of loving her as much as she loves him.  She has lost her daughter's Dawn and Emily and her oldest son AJ to murder and Jason is lost to her because of a brain injury and Corinthosication.  She so deserves to have her new son and grandchildren in her life.

• Love 16

Why is Felix wearing scrubs to be with Mike? Felix is doing this on his own time, right? It's not as if he has to give Mike a sponge bath or anything like that. And I'm pretty sure we'd recognize Felix in street clothes.

I wonder if Carly would be as impressed with Joss having a fake ID as she is with Oscar. Somehow, I doubt it.

"Somewhere in the depths of hell, Faison is so proud of you!" I beg to differ, Nina. Faison would be horrified his son is such a weinie in captivity. And really, Peter, you have no idea why Nina (I know) might want you out of the picture? 

Stafford's dress way too tight—I could see the outline of her navel.

Again with the show not giving Nelle a chance with her scheming. She badly overplayed her hand yet again with Carly, and of course gives Carly exactly what she wants.

2 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

She so deserves to have her new son and grandchildren in her life.

Monica is daycare for her grandchildren!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

my ideal scenario to start the day's show is LC as Monica walking into the room where Sonny is trying to intimidate Nelle, do her disgusted faceas seeing him, yell "What fresh hell is this?!" and then tell Sonny YOU MURDERED MY SON, GET OUT!! as the housekeeping staff physically carry that trash out of the mansion. 

That would be great if Leslie could actually move her face. It’s so botoxed or whatever she’s done, that she can’t move any muscles. Which is sad.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

"Somewhere in the depths of hell, Faison is so proud of you!" I beg to differ, Nina. Faison would be horrified his son is such a weiniein captivity. And really, Peter, you have no idea why Nina (I know) might want you out of the picture? 

Get out of my head! I was thinking the same thing! And I thought it was weenie, but your spelling works just as well!???

You would think someone raised by Faison would have learned how to get out of scrapes and to never show fear. But this guy? Is all talk. Do we see him trying to figure out how to loosen the ropes? Nope. We get:

”HEEELLLLLP! Somebody HELP MEEEEEE!!!”

And a lot of sniveling. What a baby weenie.???

And I never thought Obrecht was going to whack Peter’s head, but his ropes. Only to take him somewhere else.

So is that it for Robert? I We don’t even get him leaving with a smile and that famous twinkle in his blue blue eyes???!!?

• Love 2

What cracked me up the past few days was how Obrecht was dragging Weenie around by his feet. She doped him and dragged him out of the Metro Court and later dragged him into the cabin. I could just imagine his head bouncing out of the vehicle and across the cabin threshold, like an old Warner Bros cartoon.

Boo! for Scorpio leaving and Boo! for no farewell.

I like Chase and Molly Burnett's Maxie together. Chase has been added to my Dream Team of Robert, Drew and the ever tasty Curtis.

Good for Finn showing up to support Anna.

Yay for Monica and Drew.

I hope Felix doesn't have to suffer for the ignorant storyline of Crouton... Cretin... whatever.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Any word on what KS's health issue is this time?  

The flu.  She was only out two days.  She'll be back next time we see Maxie.  

6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

RF!S had to leave because every scene between him and Anna showed the Anna/Finn relationship for the uncomfortable phony thing that it is.

Yeah, when Anna/Finn started it was okay and kinda cute.  But then they were broken up way too long and Finn/Alexis just seems better since they started out as friends who have their addictions in common.  I get the attraction between Finn and Alexis.  I don't get any attraction from Anna to Finn or vice versa.  

• Love 1
15 hours ago, LillyB said:

Is it just me, but is MS over emoting more than usual.

It's not just you. Both The Staff and Laura Wright's boyfriend were way over the top in their scenes. She was overloading every word, with those epic pauses between. As for him, it was appropriate for Peter/Heinrich to be acting alarmed, but he wouldn't have had any room to go bigger with his reactions if Annie Wilkes had been approaching the bed with an ax and a bottle of Betadine in hand. Like, dude, it isn't that bad yet. Get hold of yourself.   

Then Kathleen Gatti showed up, and the scene improved a little.   

Also, I see Felix is coming out of the gate strong in his first day of gratuitous Carly proppage. I guess "fierce and loyal and magnificent" is the Van Etten-era remix of "brave and strong and loves with her whole heart."  

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Who else is there?  

For one, I don't think Maxie needs to be in a relationship right away. So it's not like the show can't bring in a new actor for her and make him a doctor, or someone who works at Aurora or something like that. Maxie's last 3 guys all died some horrifying deaths.

Maybe the cops are the ones who should stay away from her. Chase is very cute and very sweet, I'd like for him not to eat a bullet to the head or the heart.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Perkie said:

Yeah, when Anna/Finn started it was okay and kinda cute.  But then they were broken up way too long and Finn/Alexis just seems better since they started out as friends who have their addictions in common.  I get the attraction between Finn and Alexis.  I don't get any attraction from Anna to Finn or vice versa.  

I'm hoping (fruitlessly, no doubt) that they'll finally start being written as mature adults, rather than the ridiculous high school stuff we were getting.

1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

Also, I see Felix is coming out of the gate strong in his first day of gratuitous Carly proppage. I guess "fierce and loyal and magnificent" is the Van Etten-era remix of "brave and strong and loves with her whole heart."  

I started to roll my eyes at that, but he was talking to Joss, who was scared that her mom might be in prison or a secure hospital for who knows how long, so I allowed it.

48 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Maybe the cops are the ones who should stay away from [Maxie].

I wouldn't be surprised if the writers didn't realize Maxie has had mostly cop SOs. I don't think she's remarked on it, has she?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the writers didn't realize Maxie has had mostly cop SOs. I don't think she's remarked on it, has she?

Jesse - killed by killer clowns

Lucky - became a drug addict 

Cooper - killed by serial killer TMK (Diego)

Nathan - killed by international criminal/lunatic father

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Jesse - killed by killer clowns

Lucky - became a drug addict 

Cooper - killed by serial killer TMK (Diego)

Nathan - killed by international criminal/lunatic father

As far as I’m concerned, Lucky was NEVER a love interest for Maxie. She was his pusher, and they fucked.

And as much as I loathe him, Spinelli is still alive. But that’s because he’s Jason’s sycophant.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Cops aside, Maxie ruined Matt's life pretty good too.  Didn't her fuckery reopen the Lisa Niles murder investigation and eventually get him sent to the slammer?

Spinelli didn't help much either.  Poor Ellie.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

As far as I’m concerned, Lucky was NEVER a love interest for Maxie. She was his pusher, and they fucked.

They were gross and that time was when I hated Maxie the most. So imagine my surprise when Jonathan Jackson and Kirsten Storms had some truly adorable chemistry and I found myself wanting them to have a least a fun rebound fling.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Cops aside, Maxie ruined Matt's life pretty good too.  Didn't her fuckery reopen the Lisa Niles murder investigation and eventually get him sent to the slammer?

YES!!! And my bad-should have added Matt to the list of Maxie’s love be interests-who wasn’t a cop and who wasn’t killed off. This was a shitty way (quelle surprise ?????) to usher off the character from the show since the actor was leaving. Whaddya know? ANOTHER doctor* charged with murder and sent to prison!?

*Steven Lars Webber (Who?)

• Love 1
13 hours ago, paisley said:

What cracked me up the past few days was how Obrecht was dragging Weenie around by his feet. She doped him and dragged him out of the Metro Court and later dragged him into the cabin. I could just imagine his head bouncing out of the vehicle and across the cabin threshold, like an old Warner Bros cartoon.

Boo! for Scorpio leaving and Boo! for no farewell.

I like Chase and Molly Burnett's Maxie together. Chase has been added to my Dream Team of Robert, Drew and the ever tasty Curtis.

Good for Finn showing up to support Anna.

Yay for Monica and Drew.

I hope Felix doesn't have to suffer for the ignorant storyline of Crouton... Cretin... whatever.

You and I are 100% on the same page with that one.  Why we have Sonny and Company as the big dogs on this show when you have attractive men who can act and whose characters have yet to be ruined (because doesn't everyone have to be sacrificed to push Sonny and his Criminal Clan) who are barely utilized is beyond me.

5 hours ago, Perkie said:

Who else is there?  

I'm pretty sure they chem tested Maxie and Michael.  I can see them trying to push them together when Michael's baby is either eventually found to be dead (and Nelle was passing off another baby as theirs) or turns out to be missing before eventually being found (because Nelle gave that baby to Lucas).

• Love 1

Hasn't Maxie suffered enough than to be put with whiny baby Corinthos propper Michael?

I'm glad Lulu and Dante are still good.

I don't know about US law but even if Diane is attorney of record, how is Diane going to stop Sam giving her share of Aurora to Drew if Jason is okay with it? And either Jason is St. Jasus Who Knows All or he is a baby who needs his diapers changed by Diane.

I wish they would stop the "Stella Hates Jordan And Wants To Get Rid of Her".  It was boring two minutes after it started.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I don't know about US law but even if Diane is attorney of record, how is Diane going to stop Sam giving her share of Aurora to Drew if Jason is okay with it? And either Jason is St. Jasus Who Knows All or he is a baby who needs his diapers changed by Diane.

Diane knows Jason well enough to know that he wouldn't care - especially if it means Sam is walking away from Drew. Really, the only reason to fight it is to point out (again!) that Drew only had Aurora because of Jason

1 hour ago, TheMediaHo said:

Molly Burnett is terrific. If we need to keep Lulu, I'd recast her with Molly. (I do love her as Maxie, though, but only if KSt were to leave of her own volition.)  

I'd like to see Molly as Lulu!!! 

• Love 5

My ideal Lulu recasts would still be Stephanie Gatschett, Jen Dunphy or Jen Landon. Or to have let MT cast someone himself.

Sam: "Luke Spencer would have made a better source."

Random Luke insult there, which doesn't make much sense because he never screwed over Alexis. There was the thing where he framed Stefan when Alexis didn't want him to but he wouldn't count that. I wonder if he'll be making an appearance?

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

It keeps surprising me - I cannot tell you how much I loathed her character on DOOL.

Ditto, but I think that's because Melanie was such a special little snowflake. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

For one, I don't think Maxie needs to be in a relationship right away

Oh, I completely agree, but there was so much darn chemistry and cuteness between Molly and the actor who plays Chase that I got excited.  

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh, crumpled letter aside, I don't think the show's done with Maxie and LWB/FS, gag.

Which, how would that work.  He should be going to jail.  I know he won't on some stupide nonsensical reason, but he should.  

• Love 1

I'm a little amazed at how well-written Dante and Lulu's scenes were. He precisely articulated all the problems he has with the questionable things she's done in advancement of her career, she listened, and they smoothed things over like actual mature married people should. Good stuff.

The only silver lining to this Carly/Nelle nonsense is that it's keeping Jason preoccupied with something other than Sam. But it's really a bit exasperating to see him stalking around refusing to help Diane's case like there's nothing more important than protecting the precious sanctity of Carly's character.

I had begun to warm up to Stella in response to the affection and understanding she's shown to Mike, but then she used the words "lovely" and "thoughtful" to describe Sonny and double-downed on her inexorable resentment of Jordan, and I can't be having that.

• Love 8

re Dante and Lulu

it seems like they're setting up for a recast? If DZ is leaving they really are not setting it up for Dante to leave, unless they taped a ton of episodes before they took a break (which was from May 18th to June 1), which I doubt. And I think he is leaving, especially in light of this twitter exchange:

tweet #1: Have a nice vacation. Good luck in your future endeavors!

DZ tweet: Don't believe everything you hear.

tweet #2: Good you can't leave.

DZ tweet: Not what I was talking about.

Didn't Valentin say that his first payment to Alexis, regarding the trust work, was in the envelope along with the information on Mikos?  Why did she put the whole thing in the fireplace?  

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, ulkis said:

My ideal Lulu recasts would still be Stephanie Gatschett, Jen Dunphy or Jen Landon. Or to have let MT cast someone himself.

Sam: "Luke Spencer would have made a better source."

Random Luke insult there, which doesn't make much sense because he never screwed over Alexis. There was the thing where he framed Stefan when Alexis didn't want him to but he wouldn't count that. I wonder if he'll be making an appearance?

Oh, I shipped SG or JL back when Julie's departure was announced!!  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

Diane knows Jason well enough to know that he wouldn't care - especially if it means Sam is walking away from Drew. Really, the only reason to fight it is to point out (again!) that Drew only had Aurora because of Jason

Haven't seen today's show yet, but Diane seems to really want to stick it to Drew at every turn, as if it's his fault that Jason's asshole memories got implanted in him.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, Linny said:

I had begun to warm up to Stella in response to the affection and understanding she's shown to Mike, but then she used the words "lovely" and "thoughtful" to describe Sonny and double-downed on her inexorable resentment of Jordan, and I can't be having that.

I can give her a pass on the Sonny stuff because Stella is relatively "new" to town and she has dealt with Sonny only as the son of a man who is very ill. 

The Jordan hate is getting really old, though. I wish they didn't let those two have scenes together at all.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The Jordan hate is getting really old, though. I wish they didn't let those two have scenes together at all.

What's so stupid is that they have these scenes where Stella decides Jordan isn't garbage, like when Jordan helped her with that undocumented PCU student or whatever, but then it's like her memory gets wiped and she's reset back to hate.  It's so dumb, and yes, has gotten extremely old.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Especially since Curtis is a grown-aa man who knows what Jordan did to his brother and Shawn and he doesn't hold it against her. If/when she cheats on him, he would have to deal with it.

• Love 8

I'm an episode behind but Nelle telling Carly that a baby brings people closer together and Carly's freak out would be WAY MORE DRAMATIC AND RELEVANT AND IRONIC if this show would ever acknowledge Carly's behavior with Michael and Jason but WE CAN'T HAVE THAT because then Jason can't wax poetic about Carly and ~save the day~ Fuck off, show.

• Love 15
(edited)

If whatever is in the envelope Valentin gave Alexis leads them on a treasure hunt like the old days of The Ice Princess or the Chinese Quarter, I'm all for it. I'm really tired of Nelle/Carly/Sonny/Jason/Morgan.

2 hours ago, Perkie said:

Didn't Valentin say that his first payment to Alexis, regarding the trust work, was in the envelope along with the information on Mikos?  Why did she put the whole thing in the fireplace?  

Because Sam The Twit told her to consider the source of the information (Evil Valentin) and convinced Alexis not to look at it.

3 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Maybe Michael the ELQ CEO should get off his ass and contact Edward's lawyer's to give Drew his share of the inheritance.  Jason would have less money, but Drew would have more and could pay Jason back so we never have to hear that petty argument again..

2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Haven't seen today's show yet, but Diane seems to really want to stick it to Drew at every turn, as if it's his fault that Jason's asshole memories got implanted in him.

More than that, Diane seems to think that it's Drew's fault that he got Jason's pathetic life.  Jason's got it back now, from Sam* back to his job kissing Sonny's and Carly's asses, but Diane acts like she thinks Drew needs to be punished forever more.

Alexis' argument about Diane making sure Jason got all his money was a bad one. She would have done better to point out that Sam has two small children to set up in life and she shouldn't rely on the kids' fathers to be responsible for them.  I'm pretty sure Drew has a will, but does hitman Jason?

ETA:

* Since Sam is with Jason now and Scout lives with her, I guess Jason has Drew's child now. Would Diane think that a fair trade for Jason's memories?  I doubt it.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Because Sam The Twit told her to consider the source of the information (Evil Valentin) and convinced Alexis not to look at it.

Ok, but take the money out and toss the rest in the fireplace.

28 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Since Sam is with Jason now and Scout lives with her, I guess Jason has Drew's child now.

Sam has actually been staying away from Jason and presumably living alone with the  kids at the penthouse, though the kids spend 99% of their time at Grandma Monica's.  

• Love 6

I thought the payment Valentin was giving Alexis was the information, not actual money.  If there is money involved, he could have done a bank transfer.

Sam isn't living with Jason at the moment but since she's shedding everything to do with Drew, it won't be long till they move back in together.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Alexis' argument about Diane making sure Jason got all his money was a bad one. She would have done better to point out that Sam has two small children to set up in life and she shouldn't rely on the kids' fathers to be responsible for them.  I'm pretty sure Drew has a will, but does hitman Jason?

He must have as Sam originally inherited everything when Jason died and she used that for her and Drew to buy Aurora.

Not necessarily.  I thought that if someone dies without a will, a surviving spouse and maybe legitimate children inherit everything. Maybe a lawyer could answer.

And when they thought that Drew was Jason, wouldn't Drew have got access to all of Jason's money?  It seems like that is one of the things that annoys Diane so much, that Drew used Jason's money to buy Aurora.  If it was Sam's through inheritance, then she should be targeting Sam, not Drew.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

Sam has actually been staying away from Jason

What a classic soap opera story. The longing, the stolen kisses, the fighting, the heartbreak, the confusion, the torn between two men. On par with Sonny/Brenda/Jax!

Wait.

• Love 12