Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

53 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

This is NOT a triangle. Sam is speaking and acting completely differently then she was a month ago and nowhere in that time did she ever act like or talk about how Drew was suffocating her and she didn't want to work at Aurora. This is not how a triangle works, Show.

41 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

This story has been so poorly written from the start.  Because from what we saw Sam wasn't longing for Jason or doubting Drew *at all.*  But now we're supposed to believe she was living a lie.  Uh-huh.

All this storyline has done is show that Sam is fickle AF. Thanks for that writers because I like Sam. And as someone who used to love JaSam, I want none of that anymore. Worst than the Summer of Sleaze was how they took a sledge hammer to the couple when Michael Easton was hired. There too, lightning did not strike twice. 

This whole let's drag Drew through the mud pisses me off. Sam wanted to leave Port Charles and wanted to get away from the dangerous life because of what happened on the docks and it was months of her angsting over "Jason" being back in the business, culminating with her trying to kill Sonny. And now they're trying to erase all of that.

When Sam, Drew and Curtis were working together on I don't remember what, I thought for sure they would have the three start a PI business together, because it made so much sense.

Even a weather-vane is more consistent than Sam. 

• Love 16
59 minutes ago, Hater said:

Nope.  Their fans won't admit it, but outside of the teary eyed shit...there is nothing going there.  And now they don't even have much of that because they're in close proximity & Drew is out of the picture, and they haven't even touched by "accident."   Yeah, it's bad......

It's the most bizarr thing. So these feelings for Jason that Sam just couldn't supress any longer aren't even strong enough for her to give the man a hug? 

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

This story has been so poorly written from the start.  Because from what we saw Sam wasn't longing for Jason or doubting Drew *at all.*  But now we're supposed to believe she was living a lie.  Uh-huh.

To me it's just making Sam seem like a very cruel selfish person who cares nothing about much of anything as long as it's Jason's name she is attached to. If Sam felt like these things weren't her and she was longing to reconnect with her besties Carson why wasn't she speaking up when Drew was making these changes while he thought he was Jason? 

• Love 4

Also could Sam please stop acting like she's been stuck at Aurora for years? How long has she had this job like 4 months and she's gone out of the country twice. How much work is she putting in?

• Love 9

Good Lord , could someone, somewhere please do something to Carly's/LW's hair.  Every time she is on I can't listen to what she is saying because all I can think of is somebody please do something to her hair!  She has beautiful hair but it needs to be shaped !

• Love 4
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

I'm just curious. In all the divorce happenings, have Sam and Jason finally shared a kiss again or are they still declaring their great fated love, while sitting miles apart?

It really wouldn't be right for them to kiss until she's divorced.

• Love 1
(edited)
38 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Um, it's a soap opera. People have sex with others when they're in relationships with other people. Hell that's practically a mainstay of soap operas. And I like Sam but girlfriend slept with her mother's husband once. She'd hardly be judged for kissing her "back from the dead husband" Part II, while still married to previously thought to be "back from the dead husband".

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 7

Sonny was pretty insufferable with Carly. I don't feel sorry for her, but I hate how he's so sneering of her gaslighting. There's more than a whiff of misogyny because it's Carly having these experiences.

Of course Jason doesn't ask why there would be a trial for Mike kidnapping Avery in the first place given Mike's Alzheimer's. That's the issue more than Ava demanding Mike be charged. But then we'd have to hear about how the mob tries to cheat justice. And of course it's Carly's fault because she was off chasing Morgan's ghost, silly wimmins. GAH. 

Lauren's lip color was STELLAR. I'm on an eternal quest for the perfect red, and if I knew what that was, I'd give it a try.

Geez, Finn, you can have a relationship with your half-brother and keep your dad out of it. Just agree he's off-limits. If Chase insists on pushing, then cut him loose. But where's the harm in giving things a chance?

• Love 11

I was very annoyed with the draconian custody arrangement that Alexis suggested for Scout. Doesn't she realize how little time Sam spends with her kids. At least Sam said no going for real joint custody with Drew. Is there a custody agreement with Jason for poor Danny?

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Um, it's a soap opera. People have sex with others when they're in relationships with other people. Hell that's practically a mainstay of soap operas. And I like Sam but girlfriend slept with her mother's husband once. She'd hardly be judged for kissing her "back from the dead husband" Part II, while still married to previously thought to be "back from the dead husband".

This.  Things have also been spoiled to happen in the magazines, a kiss and a near kiss...both ended up never happening.  

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, Veronica889 said:

It's the most bizarr thing. So these feelings for Jason that Sam just couldn't supress any longer aren't even strong enough for her to give the man a hug? 

To me it's just making Sam seem like a very cruel selfish person who cares nothing about much of anything as long as it's Jason's name she is attached to.

To me, it seems like they're playing up the "Drew forced me to wear dresses and not be me" more than the love of Jason aspect. It's like they know there's a chemistry problem and so they're playing up the "Sam was not herself with Drew " instead to justify putting Sam with Jason.

2 hours ago, LillyB said:

I was very annoyed with the draconian custody arrangement that Alexis suggested for Scout. Doesn't she realize how little time Sam spends with her kids. At least Sam said no going for real joint custody with Drew. Is there a custody agreement with Jason for poor Danny?

In terms of an arrangement,  I thought it was pretty fair. As Alexis said, a young child needs to know that there is a stable home. The idea of 50/50 benefits the parents, not necessarily the child.

The problem in this scenario is that Drew is the better parent for both kids, not Sam or Jason.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Seriously.  If Sam hadn't just had a baby, I would have had her cheat on Drew with Jason and get knocked up with a Which Jason's The Daddy baby.

• Love 3

Even a Robert Scorpio appearance couldn't make today's show better. It was awful from beginning to end. 

Anna is what? Going to pretend to be Henrik's mom in order to draw him out and then drop the truth on him if he's deemed worthy of her love? And then. reunited, they'll work together to give The Helena Frightener his comeuppance? Ooh, can't wait for that.

The intense "I'm not feeling you like that" JaSam vibe is so hot. Can't wait to see more. Damn right that was sarcasm.

As noted above who'll play Dad to Finn and Chase? What star from the good old days will be recruited? Someone handsome with greying dark hair and blue eyes? Any candidates?

Griffin these people are not your flock. They are un-shepherdable. They will never have a come to Jesus moment. They are EVUL.

The writing for all these stories is headache inducing.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Katy M said:

Meh, Jason boinked his brother AJ's bimbo bride (Corky) and they weren't divorced yet.  A ring doesn't matter to that dog.  It doesn't matter to the bimbo he's interacting with now either.  

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, paisley said:

As noted above who'll play Dad to Finn and Chase? What star from the good old days will be recruited? Someone handsome with greying dark hair and blue eyes? Any candidates?

Yeah, my mind went elsewhere. Finn distanced himself shortly after his father remarried and had a new son. I actually am suspecting that Finn may have fooled around with his stepmom and he is Chase's real father.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, ciarra said:

WAKE UP KELLY MONACO. YOU ARE ON A TV SET. THERE IS A CAMERA ON YOU.

Actress Kelly was sleepwalking in her scenes with Mama Attorney today. Why didn't Alexis demur since whoever handled Sam's divorce would be able to suggest and comment on arrangements for grandbabies Danny and Scout?

Point #2: Was it appropriate for Sam to cast her burning eyes on Jason and tell him she's filed for divorce? Wait until the divorce is moving toward final. He might hear about it elsewhere, but she was putting him on the spot to get a flattering reaction too (such as his tongue hanging out of his mouth).

• Love 2
11 hours ago, LillyB said:

Does Griffin even have a clue as to what Sonny did to get full custody of Avery?

Ava gave him some broad hints as she defended herself. I am reeling from Griffin's unfair attacks on Ava. She did a wonderful succinct job of defending herself, but she should tell Griffin he's treating her  as a weak bitchy wimmins who must be corrected by an all-knowing authoritative man. Port Charles culture has already worked its magic on his male entitlement. He's coming across as holier-than-thou instead of being a counselor of peaceful détente and forgiveness.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Linny said:

Sam and her multiple divorces have to constitute about 50% of Alexis' business by now, right? It's disappointing that her marriage to Drew is so disposable to her. She's not even considering a simple separation while working through her feelings, she's easily ready to cut all ties, and that's what bothers me the most. 

You're right. My guess for the rush is that the plot points of other stories necessitate Aurora in other hands, Drew and Jason in other relationships, and Sam given chances to show off her state-of-the-art [/puke] PI skills.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Barb1959 said:

Good Lord , could someone, somewhere please do something to Carly's/LW's hair.  Every time she is on I can't listen to what she is saying because all I can think of is somebody please do something to her hair!  She has beautiful hair but it needs to be shaped !

Believe it or not, her hair shape has been more disturbing than it is now. Ava is the only woman with a hairstyle. (Stella is chic too.) Carly, Jordan, Kim, Bobbie, and Sam need to be lined up to face a pair of shears. Kim, Jordan, and Bobbie are professional women who need to look that way, at least on the job, where long unkempt hair can undermine a sleek, organized, focused impression. (Diane and Monica are good examples to follow for achieving a professional appearance.) Anna, Nina, and  Sam have quirky 'dos that need trims and shaping too. With their impossible flowing hair, Joss and Nelle look like unsacrificed Vestal virgins waiting for the call.

But Carly is in a class by herself when it comes to hair. A professional woman, Carly needs a firm shaping, since she has no curl and depends on shape to go with her face to support youthful appearance with authority. As is, her hairdo wears Carly. I am reminded of a horse tossing its palomino mane, or a fancy foreign hound that can't see through its bangs.

• Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, ulkis said:

WAKE UP KELLY MONACO. YOU ARE ON A TV SET. THERE IS A CAMERA ON YOU.

WELL SAID, ULKIS !!!!!   I was shouting at the tv:  What are you doing,  KM ???  GEEEEZE !!!!  When she said the line about how she really ENJOYED being a PI again, I actually observed a pulse !! ---  Only to see it dissipate a moment later.

Edited by Valmarmar
punctuation
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Actress Kelly was sleepwalking in her scenes with Mama Attorney today. Why didn't Alexis demur since whoever handled Sam's divorce would be able to suggest and comment on arrangements for grandbabies Danny and Scout?

Point #2: Was it appropriate for Sam to cast her burning eyes on Jason and tell him she's filed for divorce? Wait until the divorce is moving toward final. He might hear about it elsewhere, but she was putting him on the spot to get a flattering reaction too (such as his tongue hanging out of his mouth).

That sort of reminds me of  the time the preggo former side piece of Sonny was living with Jason and packed up her little black bag and walked out while he came running to fetch her.  Or when she taunted him about schutuping dumb as a stump Lucky in the hot tub.  She's been doing this sort of thing since the pairing started.  

Edited by coffee drinker
  • Love 2

WTF Griffin? ‘I already gave up my calling for you!’ Are you fucking serious? You decided you wanted Ava more than the priesthood. She merely said that you can’t keep stringing her along but it was YOUR decision. She didn’t force you to do anything so you can take your pious bullshit somewhere else. 

And to think I actually liked him with Ava. 

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

WTF Griffin? ‘I already gave up my calling for you!’ Are you fucking serious? You decided you wanted Ava more than the priesthood. She merely said that you can’t keep stringing her along but it was YOUR decision. She didn’t force you to do anything so you can take your pious bullshit somewhere else. 

And to think I actually liked him with Ava. 

If it was truly his "calling" he wouldn't have given it up.

• Love 6

Griffin pisses me off with his holy speak.  Yells about giving up his calling for Ava but doesn't seem to mind boning her every night.  Acts like she is wrong for her antics to get time with Avery and ignoring all of the crap Sonny has done to keep Avery from Ava.  Yelling at Ava after hearing Sonny's side of the story instead of being a sane, rational adult and asking Ava about it in a calm manner.  Griffin, go for a drive around Angel's Bluff in Julian's car.  Take Nina with you.

• Love 6

It seems like Griffin's old calling tag line of "turn the other cheek" only applies to Ava.  She's supposed to just shrug off how Sonny and Carly have done everything to keep her away from her daughter and be fine with it?  Fuck that noise.  

• Love 5
(edited)

Forgot to mention yesterday that the other thing that stands out to me with this complete lack of any intimacy between Jason and Sam during this so-called reunion is that things were decidedly different two years ago when the characters were reuniting, with Billy Miller playing Jason. Those two jumped to tonguing each other at any and every opportunity very fast, even while they were still "figuring things out" and technically weren't back together yet. Now we can't even get hand holding?

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

Those two jumped to tonguing each other at any and every opportunity very fast

Given that KM and BM were hooking up, that kind of weirds me out lol. 

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Given that KM and BM were hooking up, that kind of weirds me out lol. 

LOL, but that's not even why the Jakeson/Sam story rolled out the way it did. Taking any biases out of the equation, I think we can all agree a lot of story changed because JT left. I can nearly guarantee if Patrick stayed that the story would be very similar to the way Dream was portrayed. Sam would have initially stayed with Patrick and she wouldn't have been jumping Jason's bones two seconds later.

2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It seems like Griffin's old calling tag line of "turn the other cheek" only applies to Ava.  She's supposed to just shrug off how Sonny and Carly have done everything to keep her away from her daughter and be fine with it?  Fuck that noise.  

It would help if Ava explained exactly how Sonny and Carly have kept Avery from her. I’m sure Griffin would still harangue Ava—we can’t have her ever be justified, of course—but it would at least show him that Ava’s actions are a response to something, not just her being mean to that poor strong, brave man.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It would help if Ava explained exactly how Sonny and Carly have kept Avery from her

Didn't she tell him yesterday? Maybe not all the details but I thought she said something? 

50 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Wow. MS (Nina) needs to stop wearing those skin tight dresses. She looks 5 months pregnant today.

Which is a shame.  No denying Nina is one of my least favorite characters, but MS has an absolutely beautiful body and I love that she actually eats on camera.  I remember when she took Charlotte out for an ice cream sundae.  Most actresses would pretend to eat it while shooting the scene but MS got in there and went after the sundae.  Today, she was eating french fries.  It's nice seeing someone who has a beautiful, healthy body and isn't afraid of food. But, she puts on these skin tight dresses and she has a fupa.  She isn't fat!  Why not give her flattering clothing instead of those dresses?

• Love 2

LMAO that wooden Nathan's charity organization is called LEAF. Please tell me that's intentional. It's pretty dumb for Peter to admit the fund was started by P.K. Sinclair, unless he's trying to plant the seed that Henrik isn't callous and evil like his father.

Nina is totally the type to forgive Valentin for concealing information from her because he brought flowers to Nathan's grave, isn't she? I know she's right to be suspicious of Peter but it kills me how she shows zero concern for her job and just plows through her superior's office.

Curtis and Drew's friendship remains a bright spot on this show, I love how supportive they are of each other. I also think it's safe to say there's more warmth and affection between them than anything we're getting from Jason and Sam.

I feel like there's a metaphor to be found in Liz and Franco choosing to sit on the hard coffee table rather than the couch that was RIGHT THERE. Something along the lines of "even though there are more desirable options available, we're stuck with this pain in the ass coupling," I think that covers it nicely. I wouldn't feel half as much animosity for them if everything between them wasn't always alllllll about Franco.

• Love 8

Jason:  I can't let you go into danger like that. You're Robin's mother. 

STFU Jason. The way he and Sonny take power away from women is awful.  Anna has more ability and smarts in her little finger than you have in your whole body.

Unpopular opinion but I like the way they are handling having Franco call Jim Harvey's other victims to tell the that he's dead.  It's not like they've forgotten for a single day that they've been sexually abused and this may give the chance to those who haven't dealt with it to be able to process. And if they have forgotten (again, which I really doubt), it's not going to hurt that much to know that he's dead.

1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Didn't she tell him yesterday? Maybe not all the details but I thought she said something? 

It was very vague, something about what Sonny's done to her.  I guess she's not allowed to give the real details, like how Sonny took Avery away from her when Kiki was sick, and then forced her to sign over custody while he harangued her in the burn unit, because then Griffin wouldn't have the justification to be on his high horse.  Ava has done some terrible things (but nowhere near as bad as Sonny) but she deserves better than Griffin.

When you look at what Sonny has done to her and Avery, it makes Carly attacking Ava in the police station, saying that she's been a terrible mother to Avery and the girl needs a stable home, even worse.

• Love 6

Nina is blabbing everything to Valentine. She could have left Sam out of it. 

Of course when everything comes out, Nina will forgive Valentin everything because she's such a moron.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

STFU Jason. The way he and Sonny take power away from women is awful.  Anna has more ability and smarts in her little finger than you have in your whole body.

Anna has no problems bringing Robin up to Jason when it suits her own agenda. And what Jason said wasn't even about taking Anna's power away. Anna is lying to him, so Jason doesn't have all information other than him believing that Anna is not seeing a dangerous situation clearly, which she's not. It's also in character of Jason to think about Robin and not wanting to face her with a, "Oops, yeah, your mother said she'd handle it so I went to get a milkshake and now some dude shot her up! Sorry!"

• Love 3

Just...go away, LWB/FS.

40 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It was very vague, something about what Sonny's done to her.  I guess she's not allowed to give the real details, like how Sonny took Avery away from her when Kiki was sick, and then forced her to sign over custody while he harangued her in the burn unit, because then Griffin wouldn't have the justification to be on his high horse.  Ava has done some terrible things (but nowhere near as bad as Sonny) but she deserves better than Griffin.

And didn't Griffin bust Sonny in the burn ward bothering Ava when she was near death?

Also, it'll be interesting how he spins things if all these nudges towards Kiki go anywhere.  "It's okay that I've dumped you for your daughter because...I'm a GOOD MAN, Ava, duh!".

• Love 2

Dr Bensch is playing his role so well. Today Kiki was doubting herself and defending him. He's such a practiced narcissist and she's such a wimp. Grow up and read a few articles in Cosmopolitan mag, Kiki.

• Love 2

Just watched Wednesday’s episode.  Griffin’s refusal to empathize with Ava’s situation AT ALL put me firmly on Team Ava, a place I am not accustomed to  being.  But then the return (hopefully brief) to scar anxiety pushed me away.  Why don’t you want me to like Ava, Show??

Griffin sizing up Dr. Creepy at the hospital makes me think he’ll be the one running to Kiki’s rescue, soon.  Please can we not revisit the Ava/Kiki/Shared Boyfriend scenario? It’s so icky. 

• Love 5

News flash, Franco: Maybe some of Harvey's victims don't care if he's dead or alive. They're not all you.

4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Jason:  I can't let you go into danger like that. You're Robin's mother. 

That was dumb, but he's absolutely right that Anna is too close to this endless Faison nonsense.

I liked Nina being completely uncowed when LWB/FS came back to his office.

• Love 3

Could they please just wind up this Heinrich/Peter August nonsense? If I have to see Anna cry one more time, I’ll have to throw something at my TV and I don’t want to have to buy another one. Geez people. Move it along!!

• Love 5