Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Jesus, Liz, saying stuff like "my friends think I'm making a mistake but I'm the only one who knows the real Franco!" is the hallmark of a dysfunctional relationship. I'm to the point where I need Liz to just own the fact that Franco's fucked up but she loves him anyway. Just stop defending him and be like, "yep, he's crazy, but it doesn't matter to me." 

I think it's weird the Finn and Alexis sex was entirely off screen and only resulted in them cementing their status as friends. They're great friends, so I'm not bothered they're not pursuing each other, but it's an oddly placed detail that I don't think was really necessary.

Okay, I felt pretty sad for Mike when I saw him at the PCPD. That's a rough situation, but Sonny definitely could have been more polite to the new cop.

I think it's gross that Nelle is using Carly's dead son to get to her, and even grosser that she's going through all this effort to win back MICHAEL.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, Happywatcher said:

I am so tired of the storylines with the Serial Killer, and his "drama", as much as I am with Sonny the moobster.

Please write some medical or family storylines. Hell, I will even take the vampires again

I would settle for Casey the alien.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

setting up a theatrical punishment for Carly/Sonny/Michael,

You're going to hold this against Franco? Michael probably didn't deserve it, but anyone who takes down Sonny and Carly for any reason will not get dinged by me. 

8 minutes ago, Linny said:

I'm to the point where I need Liz to just own the fact that Franco's fucked up but she loves him anyway. Just stop defending him and be like, "yep, he's crazy, but it doesn't matter to me."

Same here. They need this attitude for a lot of stuff regarding Sonny. "Yeah, he's the mob boss of Port Charles, but no one wants to listen to him whine about his claustrophobia, so we've decided not to try to arrest him ever again."

10 minutes ago, Linny said:

I think it's gross that Nelle is using Carly's dead son to get to her, and even grosser that she's going through all this effort to win back MICHAEL.

I think it's galactically stupid: The first "scheme" Nelle tried also involved using Morgan, and look where that got her. Nelle, you dumb-dumb, learn from your mistakes! Team up with Ava (or hell, Greg Evigan) and get at Carly through the MetroCourt. Or that abandoned warehouse site where Sam awesomely shoved Sonny into a hole. Anything but using Morgan. FFS.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

You're going to hold this against Franco? Michael probably didn't deserve it, but anyone who takes down Sonny and Carly for any reason will not get dinged by me. 

It's just more evidence of weird stuff he did post-tumor, more evidence to counteract Franco and Liz's assertions that he's been totes normal since the tumor was removed.  Normal people don't put a camera in an ugly-ass necklace, film their fiancée cheating on them, and then play it at their wedding.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I take it your Franco hate is more than your Sonny and Carly hate, huh?

Oh gosh, what a question...

In that particular insistence, showcasing Franco ("Wow, look at Roger Howarth do his thing that we've seen him do for decades, wow!") really dampened the comeuppance factor.  I got more satisfaction out of, for example, Carly getting her ass arrested a few days later in front of Scotty after making some ridiculous speech about Franco hurting children, never mind that she had let him into the home she shared with a nine-year-old.

• Love 3

It's a loaded question for many reasons, that's for sure. 

I'm so tired of Sonny and Carly never losing that I don't care who gets the upper hand with them or why. It's always going to be temporary, Sonny and Carly will always be able to sneer at that person, and nothing changes. I take my few, small pleasures where I can, even if they involve Franco.

Edited by dubbel zout
parallelism, that scourge
  • Love 11

So, Faison's brain autopsy showed he had Huntington's???  

Then I guess Maxie and Nathan were right to be worried about inherited medical conditions which could affect their child!!   My first thought is the hereditary factor. Huntington disease is a genetic disorder. According to my cursory reading, the HD gene is dominant, which means that each child of a parent with HD has a 50% chance of inheriting the disease and is said to be at-risk.

Britt?  Nathan?  Peter?

Maxie's unborn child? 

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 4

Wow. I'm think Max Gail is killing it with this Alzheimer's storyline. The fear, anger, confusion, devastation, etc. I heard myself openly sob during that scene with Sonny in the interrogation room. Good for him playing it so well.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I completely agree with you, but when did Brad become a doctor.  I despise the character so I fast forward his rare scenes, but I remember him as being a simple lab supervisor.

You are right he works in the lab it's Lucas with the doctor degree. Lol it's funny because when I was writing that up last night I thought he was a nurse like the other character I forget his name but he left the show.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TV Mercenary said:

You are right he works in the lab it's Lucas with the doctor degree. Lol it's funny because when I was writing that up last night I thought he was a nurse like the other character I forget his name but he left the show.

My first, and strongest, memory of him was blackmailing a straight man to have sex with him.  Maybe Michael?

1 hour ago, Aurora2 said:

So, Faison's brain autopsy showed he had Huntington's???  

Then I guess Maxie and Nathan were right to be worried about inherited medical conditions which could affect their child!!   My first thought is the hereditary factor. Huntington disease is a genetic disorder. According to my cursory reading, the HD gene is dominant, which means that each child of a parent with HD has a 50% chance of inheriting the disease and is said to be at-risk.

Britt?  Nathan?  Peter?

Maxie's unborn child? 

You know someone will have inherited the Huntington's.  This show doesn't do nuance.  If there is a baby swap, maybe the truth will come out when Maxie's baby becomes ill?  Although that would be thinking a few months down the line.

7 hours ago, Linny said:

Jesus, Liz, saying stuff like "my friends think I'm making a mistake but I'm the only one who knows the real Franco!" is the hallmark of a dysfunctional relationship. I'm to the point where I need Liz to just own the fact that Franco's fucked up but she loves him anyway. Just stop defending him and be like, "yep, he's crazy, but it doesn't matter to me." 

I don't think she loves him that much. I feel like she's with him because she WANTS people to be like "no Liz! Don't be with Franco!" and she can reply "I don't care what you think! I am standing by my man!" No one, except occasionally Carly, is in her face about the relationship. She's the one always bringing up people not approving. 

7 hours ago, Linny said:

I think it's weird the Finn and Alexis sex was entirely off screen

They did that with him and Hayden too. I'm not begging to see Michael Easton's chest here, but it seems like someone at the show is more afraid of the audience looking at it than anyone in the audience.

Sonny was ridiculous yelling at Detective Doogie (who outacted Nathan in about 5 seconds, so at least there's that) in the previews. He knows that guy isn't in charge.

Sonny and Carly > Franco. Sonny and Carly are soapy characters. The problem is no one except villains or crazy people are allowed to treat them with any nuance. Franco has just been in horrible story after horrible story since his debut.

I would like everyone to know I encountered a playlist titled "Franco and Elizabeth: the complete love story" looking for those clips. I need a moment.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

You know someone will have inherited the Huntington's.  This show doesn't do nuance.  If there is a baby swap, maybe the truth will come out when Maxie's baby becomes ill?  Although that would be thinking a few months down the line.

Oh, there will be more to come.  From the way I understand it, though, the average age of onset is between 30 and 50.  There are exceptions with occasional cases which are much younger or older.   So it's highly unlikely that an infant would show any signs of the disease; however, that child could have inherited the Huntington's gene and, if so, will eventually be affected.

The more likely ones to watch right now are Britt, Peter and, as far as Anna knows right now, her daughter - all of whom are in or nearingthe age range at which symptoms would likely begin to show.  I expect that this new knowledge may cause Anna to reconsider looking for her supposed "daughter."  

Huntington's is an ugly disease and the worry for Maxie will be the possibility that Nathan may have inherited the gene and, if so, passed it on to his child.  Genetic testing will clear up the doubts - but that opens the door to a new crisis for Maxie.  

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Aurora2 said:

I expect that this new knowledge may cause Anna to reconsider looking for her supposed "daughter." 

I think that's mostly what it's about, giving Anna a plausible reason to seek out her (ew) child with Faison versus leaving said child be.  I would be shocked if any of the Faison fam actually comes down with Huntington's.  Though, naturally, I wouldn't mind hearing that this information gets passed along to Britt.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I think that's mostly what it's about, giving Anna a plausible reason to seek out her (ew) child with Faison versus leaving said child be.  I would be shocked if any of the Faison fam actually comes down with Huntington's.  Though, naturally, I wouldn't mind hearing that this information gets passed along to Britt.

Yeah, I see that a main reason.  While they have a 50/50 chance of inheriting the disease from their father, the children could have got lucky in the genetic lottery.  

Besides, I'm sure that Laura's boyfriend is here to stay for a while. 

The secondary story possiblity might be if the writers want to pile another crisis on Maxie.  Hope not. 

20 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I don't really know anything about Huntington's, but could it be used to unravel a baby swap?

Not if the child hasn't inherited the gene, and the symptoms wouldn't appear for years.  It's easier just to go to straight genetic testing.

The genetic test for Huntington's has been out for decades but many people choose not to have themselves tested because they don't want to know if they're going to inherit it.  It's an ugly disease and like Alzheimer's, there's no cure.  (Although there are drugs that may someday.) Life expectancy after diagnosis is 10 to 30 years.

I agree that it's there to give Anna a reason to find  her 'daughter'.  It could be interesting to see Peter and Britt wonder if they could have inherited the gene and Maxie to worry about her baby but since the show is currently doing the Alzheimer's storyline, I doubt they would double up with such a similar one.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I don't really know anything about Huntington's, but could it be used to unravel a baby swap?

If the news is bad for the baby, genetic testing would show the presence of the Huntington gene.  But then, if testing, a DNA test would do.   Being as average onset is between ages 30 - 50, a baby showing signs would be extremely implausible. 

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Not if the child hasn't inherited the gene, and the symptoms wouldn't appear for years.  It's easier just to go to straight genetic testing.

The genetic test for Huntington's has been out for decades but many people choose not to have themselves tested because they don't want to know if they're going to inherit it.  It's an ugly disease and like Alzheimer's, there's no cure.  (Although there are drugs that may someday.) Life expectancy after diagnosis is 10 to 30 years.

I agree that it's there to give Anna a reason to find  her 'daughter'.  It could be interesting to see Peter and Britt wonder if they could have inherited the gene and Maxie to worry about her baby but since the show is currently doing the Alzheimer's storyline, I doubt they would double up with such a similar one.

My thought, too.  A Huntington’s story is too similar to an Alzheimer’s story.  Can’t see doing both

• Love 1

André is out of prison and is off his sedative drip. Hooray.

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

This [Franco] drama is just so false.

Seriously. What makes this especially stupid is Franco doesn't know for sure that he pushed Drew down the stairs, and those memories of him locking him a trunk aren't necessary accurate, either. This time he's working with Kevin, so there's even more reason Elizabeth won't be bothered, not that it was a risk to begin with.

It was really nice to see Pip and Elizabeth together, but the fact they had to drag Pip back because Elizabeth had no other friends to buy her a bachelorette drink is grievous. (Sonya Eddy looks really good.) She needs someone to get her totally hammered so she shows up to her wedding in sunglasses asking, "What happened last night?"

4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

"You called the cops on my father!"  Ava was far more gracious to Sonny than he deserves and he thanks her with "Ava Jerome, she's seen and done a lot worse." So have you, Sonny. It's irresistible putting her down, isn't it? You could have said something like "Ava won't mind".

Ugh, I know. It was such a cheap shot.

I liked Alexis and Finn's pinkie swear never to sleep together again. So...three months? Six months?

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:
4 hours ago, Linny said:

I think it's galactically stupid: The first "scheme" Nelle tried also involved using Morgan, and look where that got her. Nelle, you dumb-dumb, learn from your mistakes! Team up with Ava (or hell, Greg Evigan) and get at Carly through the MetroCourt. Or that abandoned warehouse site where Sam awesomely shoved Sonny into a hole. Anything but using Morgan. FFS.

When Carly came to Port Charles it was just after Tony and Bobbie lost BJ.  Carly exploited the rift in their marriage caused by the loss of their little girl.  Not to mention the fact that BJ was Carly's adopted sister.  Also, Tony and Bobbie still had their son, Lucas, that was still traumatized by is big sister's death.  Carly is and always will be the reining queen of sleaze.  She went after her grieving mother, her husband and tore apart the home of her traumatized brother.  Nelle has a longggg way to go before she can even think of catching up with Carly. 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

She [Liz] needs someone to get her totally hammered so she shows up to her wedding in sunglasses asking, "What happened last night?"

Hungover!Liz > FrancoIsMoreAmazingThanPuppiesAndRainbows!Liz

tumblr_mwoztbYuck1qhi5j4o1_250.gif

• Love 11

I liked Alexis and Finn's pinkie swear never to sleep together again. So...three months? Six months?

I guess three months because after that Finn will be with Anna again as soon as she's found the kid that giving away was "the worst thing [she] ever did in [her] life."  Kudos to Finola Hughes for being able to sell that line.

Anyone want to bet that they're going to have Bobby lock Andy in the box to keep him from being hurt by Evil Jim?

One of the interesting things the show could get into about Huntington's is that unlike Alzheimer's which has multiple causes, HD is caused by a gene and could be pretty much wiped out if everyone who had didn't have children.  What is the responsibility of those who might have it to be diagnosed and not have any biological children?*  It's far too complex for this show.

* I know a family that has a genetic disease similar to HD but on the X chromosome.  Both daughters decided not to have children so as not to pass it on.  The sons were clear and had biological children.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, movingtargetgal said:

When Carly came to Port Charles it was just after Tony and Bobbie lost BJ.  Carly exploited the rift in their marriage caused by the loss of their little girl.  Not to mention the fact that BJ was Carly's adopted sister.  Also, Tony and Bobbie still had their son, Lucas, that was still traumatized by is big sister's death.  Carly is and always will be the reining queen of sleaze.  She went after her grieving mother, her husband and tore apart the home of her traumatized brother.  Nelle has a longggg way to go before she can even think of catching up with Carly. 

I really wish Lucas still hated Carly's guts because of this.  Or that they could have one on-screen fight about it, Lucas' adopting could open the door.  "Brad and I better make sure we're good parents or our kid will track down his bio mom and wreck her life, right Carls?"

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Aurora2 said:

Oh, there will be more to come.  From the way I understand it, though, the average age of onset is between 30 and 50.  There are exceptions with occasional cases which are much younger or older.   So it's highly unlikely that an infant would show any signs of the disease; however, that child could have inherited the Huntington's gene and, if so, will eventually be affected.

The more likely ones to watch right now are Britt, Peter and, as far as Anna knows right now, her daughter - all of whom are in or nearingthe age range at which symptoms would likely begin to show.  I expect that this new knowledge may cause Anna to reconsider looking for her supposed "daughter."  

Huntington's is an ugly disease and the worry for Maxie will be the possibility that Nathan may have inherited the gene and, if so, passed it on to his child.  Genetic testing will clear up the doubts - but that opens the door to a new crisis for Maxie.  

Huntington's is a hideous hideous disease.  I knew people, young people, who had this.  It is so hard watching them waste away.  This show will surely f**k this up royally.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ulkis said:
4 hours ago, Linny said:

I don't think she loves him that much. I feel like she's with him because she WANTS people to be like "no Liz! Don't be with Franco!" and she can reply "I don't care what you think! I am standing by my man!" No one, except occasionally Carly, is in her face about the relationship. She's the one always bringing up people not approving. 

It's the same thing that played out when she was a "pariah" after the Jakeson reveal. There's no one who cares enough that she's making these shitty decisions to take her to task, so the writers just keep giving her these "people are saying" lines, without showing any friends, family or colleagues actually saying something to her

• Love 3

Even her rape was about Lucky finding out about Luke and Laura.  The death of her son was about Luke's manpain.

She came on the show rebellious about always being second place to her sister and it continued on from there.  Was there ever a time when Liz was the lead in her own story?

• Love 4
6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

As Liz and Franco were talking to Piph and Kevin, respectively, about the tumor, whether Franco has any other dark impulses in him, blah blah blah, I kept wishing someone, anyone would point out all the things Franco did AFTER the tumor was removed.  Stabbing Heather, setting up a theatrical punishment for Carly/Sonny/Michael, helping Nina abscond with Avery, locking Tom Baker up in a dog cage and using a shock collar on him, etc., etc., etc.  Because of the two of them keep talking like Franco only did bad stuff under the influence of the tumor and it's NOT true.

5 hours ago, Happywatcher said:

I am so tired of the storylines with the Serial Killer, and his "drama", as much as I am with Sonny the moobster.

Both of the above. Additionally, Howarth's angst (or lack of it) in his delivery keeps taking me out of the scenes. It sounds to me like he's being a smart ass, not like he's really concerned about his darkness. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, blondiek237 said:

Huntington's is a hideous hideous disease.  I knew people, young people, who had this.  It is so hard watching them waste away.  This show will surely f**k this up royally.

Normally, I don't want serious issues treated too lightly.  However, this time, I'd rather the writers use this as a plot point and move on.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Even her rape was about Lucky finding out about Luke and Laura. 

I don't think making Lucky and the Spencers part of Liz's story was a disservice to Liz.  If Guza I hadn't turned it into an umbrella story and used it to explore Luke and Laura's past, it just would have been a terrible thing that happened to Liz - like Emily's rape, like most rape stories in soaps.

Instead, that story and the revisit of Luke and Laura's past and the story of Liz and Lucky falling in love are an iconic General Hospital story. It was a pretty perfect ensemble piece and it's one of those things that soaps can do really, really well when a good EP/HW team is supported by an excellent writers room. And Liz didn't get lost or forgotten in that story, most people on soap forums still refer to it as Liz's story

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4

I don't understand the gaslighting of Carly.  There is proof that she's getting calls from the payphone.  Isn't the point of making someone think they're crazy is not to leave any evidence so no one will believe them?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I don't understand the gaslighting of Carly.  There is proof that she's getting calls from the payphone.  Isn't the point of making someone think they're crazy is not to leave any evidence so no one will believe them?

Like all of Nelle's plan, this will explode in her face. The cops (Dante) and Jason are on the case. Even if Nelle was able to drive Carly crazy, they are still going to investigate who is behind it. And the first person that they are going to tell is Michael. Right now,  Dante or Jason are indifferent to Nelle but if they discover that she is using Dead Morgan to drive Carly crazy so that Michael would com back to her, they will join the ranks of people that hate her.

It utterly a stupid plan.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

I don't think making Lucky and the Spencers part of Liz's story was a disservice to Liz.  If Guza I hadn't turned it into an umbrella story and used it to explore Luke and Laura's past, it just would have been a terrible thing that happened to Liz - like Emily's rape, like most rape stories in soaps.

Instead, that story and the revisit of Luke and Laura's past and the story of Liz and Lucky falling in love are an iconic General Hospital story. It was a pretty perfect ensemble piece and it's one of those things that soaps can do really, really well when a good EP/HW team is supported by an excellent writers room. And Liz didn't get lost or forgotten in that story, most people on soap forums still refer to it as Liz's story

Oh no. Don't remind me of how well done that storyline was!

Dear lord in heaven are they for real marrying her off to Franco?! I always had a little hope that this may not happen. FU GH writers.  I hate to compare I really do but I HATE that Carly and the waste of space Sam continue to get treated as heroines and get "the prizes" of the front burner stories and love interests. I put it in quotations only because I can't believe that Sonny and Jason are still coveted as love interests. I miss my show!

• Love 3
On 2/21/2018 at 1:24 PM, dubbel zout said:

That's true for anyone who runs for office. You're literally telling people you're the one who can fix their problems and do what's best for them. If that isn't hubris, what is? Alexis should have given more thought to her past and how it could come back to bite her, but Ned and Laura aren't without their skeletons.

If "consorted with gangsters" is a disqualifier for elected office, nobody in Port Charles would get to run.

On 2/21/2018 at 3:41 PM, AuxArx said:

Don't police departments have people who clean up crime scenes?  Or are there companies that do that?  I know I saw a movie once about 2 sisters who cleaned up after suicides/murders/etc.  Yuk, who leaves a place untouched days after it's been the scene of a crime?

Police departments do not clean up the scene of a crime, after they are done gathering evidence and doing the forensic stuff it is the responsibility of the homeowner to clean up the mess (believe it or not, and I was shocked when I came across this fact).

On 2/21/2018 at 5:32 PM, nilyank said:

I don't know. To hear Julian talk, he was defending the poor, different and weak in prison and that is the reason why he was being beaten up in prison. He was defending himself from all the bullies in prison. And now he is going to hold free of charge an alternative school dance for transgender and other picked upon children.

• Love 1

I've said it a million times, but TPTB really screwed the pooch with making Roger Howarth Franco.  Bring him on the show--fine.  There were lots of ways they could have gone other than crazed serial killer.  ESPECIALLY because they obviously wanted to have him be a long-running character.  Redemption is one of the staples of soaps, but redemption from being a serial killer is beyond a stretch.

Who were we supposed to think was watching Jason, Dante and Carly at the phone booth yesterday?  Nelle? 

Though it won't last, I loved NuCop being unimpressed by Sonny trying to steamroll him.  Shut up, Sonny. 

• Love 7

Kirsten Storms is doing a great job of playing Maxie mourning Nathan, but the scenes of Maxie turning down Spinelli's offer to come home with him to visit with Georgie were poorly written IMO because Maxie comes off like spending time with her own daughter should always have been secondary to focusing on Nathan, and now mourning him. Felicia should have gone with Spinelli to see Maxie, reminding her that she won't be able to fly to Portland in a few months due to the pregnancy, and that she will be consumed with the responsibilities of caring for a newborn after that. Right now she can make memories with Georgie, just for a couple of weeks. Also, focusing on depression and despair over the loss of her husband can't be good for the development of her baby. 

I felt so sad for little Georgie, and that was probably not the writer's intent.

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I felt so sad for little Georgie, and that was probably not the writer's intent.

It's sad, but does Georgie really need Maxie at this point? She's got Ellie who sounds like she's been there for her through pretty much everything, and Spinelli just packs up and travels to PC whenever Dumb and Dumber need him and leaves her in Ellie's care. 

It's more Maxie's loss at this point than Georgie, who will probably show up as a teenager some day and tell Maxie where to go. I don't even know why they decided to give her a second child. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

It's sad, but does Georgie really need Maxie at this point? She's got Ellie who sounds like she's been there for her through pretty much everything, and Spinelli just packs up and travels to PC whenever Dumb and Dumber need him and leaves her in Ellie's care. 

It's more Maxie's loss at this point than Georgie, who will probably show up as a teenager some day and tell Maxie where to go. I don't even know why they decided to give her a second child. 

That's why the notion Maxie is a "good mother" is absurd.  Georgie is an after-thought to her.  Someone she can visit sporadically and play "fun Auntie" to.  I wonder if Georgie is calling Ellie mommy?  At this point she should be. 

• Love 5
On 2/22/2018 at 3:28 PM, Linny said:

Jason actually seemed present and engaged in his scenes today, and I was totally with him on wondering what the hell Sam meant with her pregnancy analogy.

Clumsy writing I figure, to remind Sam and Jason in a "cute" way of when things were good between them when Sam wanted to be pregnant with Jason's kid up until the point in the honeymoon where Franco decided to torture them. Sam said a couple "trying to get pregnant" which was a nice awkward moment for them since that was their past. 

All the writing is just crap. Faison would want to torture Anna, Robert, Robin and probably Leisl, not Jason and Drew since he had zero history with them. I would have expected the reading of Faison's will to be leaving video recordings of Robin's ECT torture for Anna and Robert with a note "to remind you both of your deficiencies as parents, that this happened to your kid because you didn't figure out sooner what really happened and rescue her."  A bonus for him would be Leisl going on trial for administering the treatment.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

That's why the notion Maxie is a "good mother" is absurd.  Georgie is an after-thought to her.  Someone she can visit sporadically and play "fun Auntie" to.  I wonder if Georgie is calling Ellie mommy?  At this point she should be. 

Hey, you're preaching to the choir. And I would assume Georgie calls Ellie "mommy". Ellie may not have given birth to her, but she is her mother in every way that matters, in ways that Maxie never was or wanted to be.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

When Carly came to Port Charles it was just after Tony and Bobbie lost BJ.  Carly exploited the rift in their marriage caused by the loss of their little girl.  Not to mention the fact that BJ was Carly's adopted sister.  Also, Tony and Bobbie still had their son, Lucas, that was still traumatized by is big sister's death.  Carly is and always will be the reining queen of sleaze.  She went after her grieving mother, her husband and tore apart the home of her traumatized brother. 

It was two years after BJ died that Carly came to town. She went after Tony after Bobbie talked about loving a daughter and losing her to Carly and then said it was BJ. While going after Tony was a crap move he was the one that was married and decided to sleep with a young nursing student.

I liked the Sarah Brown 'Carly' because even though she schemed, lied and got in trouble. That Carly had a vulnerable about her. She lashed out because she was hurt and then played catch up to keep the lies from tumbling down on her. That Carly always lost. This Carly is just nasty.

Edited by xfuse
Always forget it's Sarah not Sara
  • Love 8

Re: the Georgie situation, I think it would be a lot more sympathetic if Maxie acknowledges she wasn't ready to be a mom then and she's basically (on purpose) unofficially let Ellie and Spin adopt Georgie. But as @dubbel zout points out often, GH wants to have it both ways and wants to portray Maxie as wanting to be a full time mom but not actually having Georgie around much, so this weird situation has emerged.

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

It's more Maxie's loss at this point than Georgie, who will probably show up as a teenager some day and tell Maxie where to go.

Hell, Nathan jr will probably hate Georgie for getting to be raised in Portland by Spinelli and Ellie and complain that Georgie got the better deal.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, ciarra said:

The gaslighting part is that the phone calls are from Morgan. Nelle hasn't leaned too heavily on that yet—I think she used his voice once—but the pay phone (LOL) is very close to the spot he died. Dante mentioned that to Jason yesterday.

5 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Redemption is one of the staples of soaps, but redemption from being a serial killer is beyond a stretch.

Unless your name is Sonny Corinthos or Jason Morgan. Because they only kill for the good of the world.

5 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Who were we supposed to think was watching Jason, Dante and Carly at the phone booth yesterday?  Nelle? 

I wondered that, too. How would Nelle know everyone was out there? We've never seen her stalk Carly like that. Then I thought maybe it was just a way to up the supposed mystery? Emphasis on supposed.

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

It's sad, but does Georgie really need Maxie at this point?

Maybe not, but shouldn't Maxie need Georgie? At any rate, Georgie has always been a plot point, and she continues to be one.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The gaslighting part is that the phone calls are from Morgan.

Yes, I know she's supposed to assume the calls are coming from Morgan, near where he died.  But her phone shows actual calls were made, she didn't imagine it.  I don't see Dante or Jason disbelieving her story, and that's what you need for Carly (and others) to think she's losing her mind. 

• Love 1