Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, MissL said:

Absolutely love Becky but she was 20 when she started as Liz. :)

True. But this show wasn't her first show, and she was a good actress when she was younger; it's why I don't buy, or rather, refuse to go along with "give him/her a chance; they're only [insert age]" guilt trip. If they suck, I'll say they suck. And Oscar...SUCKS.

• Love 3

Normally, I love bad girls on soaps but Nelle is no bad girl. They can make her lips the darkest of reds and curl her hair for days but she is still boring. I want to root for her because she is up against Carly/Sonny but I just can't. Carly/Sonny ALWAYS wins. It's so played out.

Thrilled Britt is back but I hope it doesn't mean we will see Spencer again. Why is she facing charges if the man who pressed the charges is dead? Shouldn't they just get dropped?

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

True. But this show wasn't her first show, and she was a good actress when she was younger; it's why I don't buy, or rather, refuse to go along with "give him/her a chance; they're only [insert age]" guilt trip. If they suck, I'll say they suck. And Oscar...SUCKS.

Oh I never saw her before this! I do love her...and covet her skin. 

agree on Oscar. He is ...wow...I've only seen him in a few scenes and I thought I was being judgmental but it sounds like nope I'm not.

• Love 1
On 12/10/2017 at 8:04 PM, yowsah1 said:

Well, it's not like they could cast him as a Quartermaine or a Webber.  That's just crazy talk!  [/SMH]

A shame, too, because Michael and Roger are better actors than Mo and Steve by orders of magnitude.

Steve and Mo are infinitely better than Roger and Michael. This coming from an OLTL FF. Roger and Michael have to be the most overrated actors ever in Daytime. I haven't seen Roger GAF in 20 years and I've never seen Michael emote. It's actually embarrassing to even say those two in the same sentence as Mo and Steve who have actually EARNED their place here. Not to mention Todd and McBain never worked on GH.

Edited by BF4L
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The crop of actors and child actors in the past decade have been abysmal

Oh, I don't know.  I think Brooklyn Silzer (Emma) and Hudson West are pretty decent for their ages.  

• Love 4

If Anna wants to keep track of Finn, putting him in her giant house is not the best way to do it. He's gonna get lost in some hallway.

I like Jessica Tuck's performance (that does not mean I want her to have a bigger role though).

Neither Bobbie, Carly, Michael, or Sonny make me root for Nelle. Nina though? Nina does a little bit.

"You moved Roxie!!!" Okay, take it down a notch Easton.

The scene with Nelle was the biggest duh face I've seen Sonny have in a while.

"Hey sister I barely knew!! How were your travels with your psycho dad!! Whee!!"

Can someone remind Carly Michael killed someone with an axe handle? He can handle (no pun intended) Nelle.

Oh, is Lulu gonna find out that Felicia is actually should be mayor?? 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I’m just petty enough to enjoy Nelle dragging the SheBeast, and throwing how she slept with AJ and Tony, lied about who the father was and getting Jason to say he was Michael’s father.

I thoroughly enjoyed this!  If Nelle had this much of a backbone this entire time I would have a very different opinion of her.  Any day Carly's misdeads can be thrown in her face is a good day.

The Andre dead wife thing was stupid but I think the actor playing Andre actually did a good job.  This is another character that I would be far more invested in if he had been introduced differently.  As it stands, he was basically a glorified extra so I am not too disappointed he won't be around much longer.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I agree that the actor who plays Oscar isn't exactly fantastic, but I'm willing to give him a pass because at least he isn't one of those child actors that seems so common now who overacts everything to where he is practically a cartoon character.  The kids on Disney Channel shows are great examples of this.  

Funnily enough the Oscar actor is on a Disney show. He's better there imo, even though the show he's on is horrible.

2 hours ago, Linny said:

You know, in theory I should be rooting for Nelle against Michael/Carly/Sonny, if only because of the principle that the enemy of my enemy is my friend, but I can't bring myself to do it.

I'm rooting for her because I will root for anyone over Carly/Sonny, but I don't watch anymore so it's easy. If I was still watching it'd be hard because Nelle sucks. So hard.

1 hour ago, BF4L said:

Steve and Mo are infinitely better than Roger and Michael. This coming from an OLTL FF. Roger and Michael have to be the most overrated actors ever in Daytime. 

At this point they all suck. Maybe some of them have done decent to great work in the pass (minus ME lol), but now they're just bad.

11 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Am I to understand my Britta was back today?  AND there were WestSib scenes? 

Well shit, maybe I'll have to recover my deleted recording of today's ep. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

At this point they all suck. Maybe some of them have done decent to great work in the pass (minus ME lol), but now they're just bad.

Completely agree as someone who has watched long enough to remember when Roger first showed up on OLTL and remember the very early days of Sonny and Jason. As you said, back in the day they all had their moments but now it's all a bunch of coasting and phoning it in performances.

Also doesn't help that in the case of Maurice and Steve, they've essentially been playing the exact same storylines for almost twenty years. And considering how flat Steve fell on Y&R, no matter how hard the writers tried to make him relevant, I feel like at this point all he's capable of playing is Jason Morgan. 

Sam's reaction to Drew being Oscar's father was refreshingly even-keeled.

True but she definitely threw a few side-eyes and eye-rolls in Kim's direction, which cracked me up. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 6

Nelle catching Sonny by surprise, and making S&C angry/squirmy, is one of the few times I've actually wanted to see their scenes. They both have, and will continue to, do worse than she has in her young ilfe.  Ugh at Lulu's attitudes too.  Sonny, Carly and Lulu's entitlement in life is insufferable, so I hope Nelle gets to make them shut up a few times and indulge her. I regret that Tracy won't wander into the Metrocourt restaurant, call Carly out on how Monica and Alan suffered,  and then privately to Nelle, say hey as long as you do right by your kid and treat Michael fairly, I will support you in making Karma come back to bite Sonny and especially Carly, because nobody is more deserving of misery than they are after all that my parents, my brother and sister-in-law, and my nephew went through - although I had no use for him. But still, he was a Quartermaine.

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

True but she definitely threw a few side-eyes and eye-rolls in Kim's direction, which cracked me up. 

I thought I saw an eye-roll about Kim saying work/school/career focus while raising her kid had been her priority rather than thinking about and trying to track down Drew.  Yes Sam, god forbid a woman around your age would actually get educated and have passion for something prestigious like medicine rather than chasing after/being a secondary priority for a thug boyfriend-husband. I recall that Sam was once angry and hurt that Alexis would dare to suggest she get an office job and/or some schooling rather than rely on and live off Jason her whole life.  I think Sam feels a tiny bit of insecurity that if her Navy SEAL husband got his memories back, he might feel drawn to the single doctor, Kim, who is the mother of Drew's first born.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I thought I saw an eye-roll about Kim saying work/school/career focus while raising her kid had been her priority rather than thinking about and trying to track down Drew.  Yes Sam, god forbid a woman around your age would actually get educated and have passion for something prestigious like medicine rather than chasing after/being a secondary priority for a thug boyfriend-husband. I recall that Sam was once angry and hurt that Alexis would dare to suggest she get an office job and/or some schooling rather than rely on and live off Jason her whole life.  I think Sam feels a tiny bit of insecurity that if her Navy SEAL husband got his memories back, he might feel drawn to the single doctor, Kim, who is the mother of Drew's first born.

YMMV but I didn't read the scene that way at all. I thought Sam's eyeroll was because she thought Kim was just making excuses and it was all bullshit. What does being in school and career focused have to do with telling someone that they fathered a child? She also didn't only roll her eyes when Kim started talking about her work/school/career. She side-eyed her multiple times throughout the conversation, particularly whenever she gave an excuse for why she couldn't possibly tell Drew she was pregnant before he disappeared. 

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Lulu gets Charlotte Christmas Eve to Christmas morning? Since when? What made Valentin give in (in his mind) to that? Nina had a two-day extravaganza planned!!

Writing change?  I'm pretty sure the dumping on Lulu was a Jean staple.  Maybe Chris and Shelly decided viewers would rather see Lulu and Nina co parent like adults instead.  

18 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Writing change?  I'm pretty sure the dumping on Lulu was a Jean staple.  Maybe Chris and Shelly decided viewers would rather see Lulu and Nina co parent like adults instead.  

I don't know if you just forgot to write Valentin but it makes sense as written, lol. Valentin never did have an interest in co-parenting with Lulu. Still doesn't, just as Lulu has no interest in co-parenting with him. Of the two, I think Lulu and Nina could get to a place where they can be civil in limited interactions for Charlotte's sake. 

• Love 2

Well, I meant Lulu and Nina since they were the ones that were civil enough to both bring Charlotte to see Santa today.   I was pleasantly surprised to see them getting along and hope thats a new writing change and not an aberration.  I'd rather see both sets of parents getting along rather then the one sided nonsense with Valentin winning every time.  I did find it funny though that they we're bonding over gossip about Nelle.  

• Love 4

So Lulu isn't writing her grand Watergate-esque expose on the great AssManLanders unmasking?  So the point of those idiotic scenes with her and Maxie in yellow trash bags was...?

Note to Dante: telling Michael he could take a cue from Sonny, re having a child with someone he doesn't like, when it comes to Avery?  Yeah, brilliant...given Sonny was going to KILL Ava and has since banned her from her own kid's life.  Great role model there.

If Laura is so concerned about the Elm Street gentrification, shouldn't she have already known there was going to be a public meeting about it?  I'll answer: yes, yes she should have. 

Every nasty word Carly, Sonny, Bobbie et al throw at Nelle is recycled from 1997 and the she-beast herself.  Tony and AJ must be spinning in their graves.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Well, I meant Lulu and Nina since they were the ones that were civil enough to both bring Charlotte to see Santa today.   I was pleasantly surprised to see them getting along and hope thats a new writing change and not an aberration.  I'd rather see both sets of parents getting along rather then the one sided nonsense with Valentin winning every time.  I did find it funny though that they we're bonding over gossip about Nelle.  

Getting along isn't ever going to happen, I don't think, nor should it, honestly, but I hope for Charlotte's sake that the four of them can if nothing else respect each other's place in Charlotte's life. 

• Love 2
On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:09 AM, Asp Burger said:

I might wish this were setting up a stroke storyline for Carly. I mean, all the pieces are in place. She's rage-prone. She probably has untreated high blood pressure. She's no spring chicken anymore. She's repeatedly mocked Ava for disfigurement, so she might have earned a karmic facial droop (although that might be harder to fake on a daytime budget). It's allegedly a show about a hospital, and they have a brain guy (tm Chris Van Etten). It would give Bobbie something to do. Hell, it would give Aunt Stella something to do. She could bond with Carly over their having had strokes. And I do think Laura Wright has the chops to play things like having trouble buttoning her clothes if she had some residual partial paralysis.

We'd doubtless be stuck with scenes of Sonny begging God for her full recovery, and making it all about his own suffering, but we're going to get those on a quarterly basis anyway, over some issue or another. I think they're in Mo's contract.   

This. What a fantastic plot idea and opportunity for the actress. Somehow connect the stroke to her inability to control lives. She could fail at making the Jasons pair up with her choices, and Sam and Joss and Nell and Michael could all defy her, spreading the guilt around in her family and those of friends. Perhaps add some partner stress with Olivia over the Metro management and policy.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Perhaps add some partner stress with Olivia over the Metro management and policy.

Oooooh yeah! Let Olivia bring her holiday decorating skills to the Metrocourt! I would have loved to have seen her make guests there wear those stupid-a-- pilgrim hats. There're so many tacky, apoplexy-inducing things she could do for Groundhog Day, Valentine's Day, Presidents Day . . .

• Love 3
7 hours ago, BF4L said:

Steve and Mo are infinitely better than Roger and Michael. This coming from an OLTL FF. Roger and Michael have to be the most overrated actors ever in Daytime. I haven't seen Roger GAF in 20 years and I've never seen Michael emote. It's actually embarrassing to even say those two in the same sentence as Mo and Steve who have actually EARNED their place here. Not to mention Todd and McBain never worked on GH.

Just call me the contrarian, because I always take the opposite position. Now, Michael and Roger suck on GH, especially Roger, but I think Steve and Mo are as overhyped as Michael and Roger, maybe even more so. SB's character I believe contributed to the rot that this show suffers through right now. If Mo and Steve's performances have improved it is because not only the newfound energy SB has because he hasn't played Jason Morgan day in day out for several years, but because Mo and Steve know they have more or less "won". MB's Sonny has killed off a major character from this show and now he is the moralistic hero. At this point there isn't a depraved act Sonny can do that will get him written off the show, and TIIC have crawled hands and knees to Steve Burton, put on recurring or outright fired people to pay for SB. Michael and Steven are extremely limited, and Mo and Roger can really smug it up. Film Sonny and Franco in a room together and the only thing I am rooting for is for the roof to cave in and kill both of them. As for Mo and Steve "earning" their highly coveted positions, I can argue that Rebecca Herbsts, Wally Kurth, Finola Hughes, Leslie Charleston and Genie Francis have "earned" their positions, but are often treated as an afterthought, because they weren't giving the loving gaze of JFP and Guza during their reighn of terror. 

• Love 21
8 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Just call me the contrarian, because I always take the opposite position. Now, Michael and Roger suck on GH, especially Roger, but I think Steve and Mo are as overhyped as Michael and Roger, maybe even more so. SB's character I believe contributed to the rot that this show suffers through right now. If Mo and Steve's performances have improved it is because not only the newfound energy SB has because he hasn't played Jason Morgan day in day out for several years, but because Mo and Steve know they have more or less "won". MB's Sonny has killed off a major character from this show and now he is the moralistic hero. At this point there isn't a depraved act Sonny can do that will get him written off the show, and TIIC have crawled hands and knees to Steve Burton, put on recurring or outright fired people to pay for SB. Michael and Steven are extremely limited, and Mo and Roger can really smug it up. Film Sonny and Franco in a room together and the only thing I am rooting for is for the roof to cave in and kill both of them. As for Mo and Steve "earning" their highly coveted positions, I can argue that Rebecca Herbsts, Wally Kurth, Finola Hughes, Leslie Charleston and Genie Francis have "earned" their positions, but are often treated as an afterthought, because they weren't giving the loving gaze of JFP and Guza during their reighn of terror. 

I want to marry this post.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ambrosefolly said:

MB's Sonny has killed off a major character from this show

MB didn't like Sonny killing AJ. I don't think that was MB asserting his control, more like RC and FV telling him they could write him out just as easily as anyone.

Not that I'm weeping for MB getting the same treatment as other characters who got run over with the bus, but Sonny killing AJ wasn't a win for MB.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

she gave an excuse for why she couldn't possibly tell Drew she was pregnant before he disappeared. 

I thought she didn't know where he was—his SEAL missions were all classified—and she didn't want him to find out in an e-mail and/or via his superior officer. I thought that wasn't unreasonable, tbh. I'm sure she could have gotten a hold of him somehow, but the plot demands she didn't, and the explanation isn't the stupidest they could have come up with. 

"What am I supposed to do, let Nelle get away with this?" Carly, what exactly is Nelle "getting away with"? It's not like Michael wasn't an active, willing participant here. The show is trying really hard not to blame Nelle for getting pregnant, but that gross misogyny always seeps through somehow.

Nathan and Britt sharing news and catching up as if Britt wasn't in jail awaiting charges cracked me up.

Oh, no, the ballot thing Nik was involved in is rearing its ugly head again? That was so convoluted and stupid.

• Love 2

So annoying of Lulu to try to control and manage her mother Laura's wedding plans with Kevin. Lulu's got a young child, husband, and household, a journalist gig, a nightclub to manage, and a pregnant friend/sidekick whose business she is all up into. She doesn't need to be a wedding planner too.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

MB didn't like Sonny killing AJ. I don't think that was MB asserting his control, more like RC and FV telling him they could write him out just as easily as anyone.

Not that I'm weeping for MB getting the same treatment as other characters who got run over with the bus, but Sonny killing AJ wasn't a win for MB.

While I am sure MB didn't want to be the one to kill of AJ, especially in the manner he did, I am sure it was partly because of how the character would recover, but Sonny is front and center. He outlasted RC, who wanted to subvert his position in favor of Roger and Michael. Any improvements to MB's acting is because he now has his bestie SB back, and not only is SB back, we all suspect many actors were canned or demoted to facilitate this, so MB has managed to weather RC and SB and MB are back to ruling the show.

• Love 5

If AJ were spinning in his grave, the ground would be rumbling throughout the town, because somehow, even after decomposing for years, he would be fat.  

To GHScorpiosRule's point above about how far the youth set on GH has fallen since the glory days of the late '90s:  This is one case where I can't be self-critical and say "I didn't know how good I had it." I knew every day how good I had it. I loved them all (except for Jennifer Sky as the quickly gone Sarah Webber). To KMc, AT, JJ, and BH, I would add Tyler the first time around (and I know he was older playing high school aged). Maybe he wasn't as great an actor as some of them, and yeah, we have our memories of "No serrrrvice!" and peering over Natalia Livingston's knees like he was hunting wabbit and all that, but in his first stint, he was sensitive and charismatic. He really had his best game in scenes with Stephen Nichols, Genie Francis, and Jonathan Jackson. I was heartbroken when the Scooby gang started to dissolve.  I do think they've had some good additions since then, such as Chad Brannon (Zander), but never so much good in one place.  

On to Wednesday's show: The good dialogue writer definitely took a spa day, because today was so flat, despite promising setups. Big missed opportunity for a laugh (and history) when Dante said that if anyone knows what Michael is going through, it would be Sonny, and Michael said, "Because of what happened with Ava?" Dante should have said, "Well, that, and all the other women he's gotten pregnant accidentally." Geez. Ava is just the tip of the iceberg! 

Then, a little later, Carly said that Michael practically walks around with a neon sign that says "Damsel in Distress." Um. That would make him a damsel in distress, Carly. He hasn't been one of those since the Carter story. I don't think that's what you meant to convey.  

But Nina and Lulu suddenly being all buddy-buddy because they each hate some other woman, that seemed believable.   

This overtly smug and bitchy version of Nelle isn't Chloe Lanier's strong suit. Artless.  

I pay minimal attention to the Cassandra scenes, so this is something confusing to me: everyone in town knows and very casually mentions that Anna is with the WSB. Cassandra knows Finn is connected to Anna, and actually believes they're more intimate than they are. Is she somehow the only person on the show who doesn't know Anna is a law-enforcement bigwig? How is this whole covert operation not running aground on that pesky detail? 

More writing backsliding: Look. I will believe the worst of Carly any day. I sit around coming up with theories for how she can be even worse than she is, and she's already plenty bad. But even I don't believe she'd seriously consider having Bobbie hack into a computer to change a paternity test to get Nelle's baby out of Michael's life. Her halfhearted "I hadn't thought it through" when Bobbie shot it down didn't excuse the scene. Her point of view would be that the baby, if Michael's, would be half Michael's. So she'd care about it. It would be more in character -- as she's been established for 22 years -- to put up with Nelle the best she could for the duration of the pregnancy and then hatch some scheme to get Michael sole custody, and Nelle not even visitation rights. So she'd be calling Diane first rather than Bobbie.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I never mentioned those other actors so I don't know why you're bringing them up. I happen to agree with you that they have earned their spot and it is a shame they are not valued by TPTB. My point was Roger and Michael never earned anything on GH. They just have the fortune of having an EP who has a hard-on for OLTL and caters to them in every way despite the fact that they have never given even a decent performance on GH. Steve has been amazing in his return and can emote so much with just his eyes. Michael is like a robot. Mo has also delivered great performances (like during Morgan's death) while the only thing Roger can do is give a smart ass delivery. Like it or not, Jason and Sonny are 2 of the show's most popular and iconic characters in GH history and Franco and Finn are amongst the show's worst. Roger and Michael have contributed NOTHING to justify their continuing presence on the show. If not for Frank (the only EP in the world who actually sees something in those one trick ponies), they'd be the first ones gone. 

4 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

While I am sure MB didn't want to be the one to kill of AJ, especially in the manner he did, I am sure it was partly because of how the character would recover, but Sonny is front and center. He outlasted RC, who wanted to subvert his position in favor of Roger and Michael. Any improvements to MB's acting is because he now has his bestie SB back, and not only is SB back, we all suspect many actors were canned or demoted to facilitate this, so MB has managed to weather RC and SB and MB are back to ruling the show.

Meh. I lost count of how many vets they let go to make room for the OLTL invasion so I don't feel bad at all those flops are being cut to actually bring one of the show's most popular stars back where he belongs seeing as those he never should have been pushed out to begin with. I'd much rather MB and SB rule the show than ME and RH.

I'm liking seeing Lulu and Nina both co-parenting like adult.  That said, please please please don't have the two of them bond over how Nelle is pregnant but neither of them can get pregnant themselves. I am hoping we can finally be done with the weeping and gnashing of teeth done by various characters because they can't physically get pregnant.  

I'm wondering what the odds are that it really won't be Michael's baby, after all.  As Carly pointed out, Nelle is all too happy to take the test but I'm wondering if that is because she already has something in mind on how to fake the test.  We haven't seen her with anyone else but that just adds to me being pretty sure it won't be Michael's baby after all.  If we saw her screwing around with Dillon and Valentine and random Moroccan guard, it would of course be a lot of drama about how the baby is Michael's... no it's Dillon's... no it's Valentine's... oh it's random Moroccan guard's and now Nelle is off the show or whatever.  However, since there is little to lead us to believe it is Michael's, I'm certain it will turn out to be someone else's and the writers will think they are so clever for fooling all of us.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Every nasty word Carly, Sonny, Bobbie et al throw at Nelle is recycled from 1997 and the she-beast herself.  Tony and AJ must be spinning in their graves.

Actually, I think they're doing a happy dance wherever they are, because that BEAST is being called out on all the shit and damage she did so many years ago. I'm not going to go into the acting of it all, but just what the character DID. And Bobbie sure is viewing things through fogged up rose colored glasses, because that daughter of hers was just as conniving and scheming and intent on destroying lives when she trolled into town so many years ago. There wasn't a decent bone in her body. So Bobbie can take a HUGE GIANT DOSE of STFU. Even if SheBeast casually sort of admits what she did was similar-I NOTICED how she didn't mention how she FUCKED UP AJ's life, she still comes off as tone-deaf, and I yelled YES! KARMA was coming back to BITE HER ON HER ASS. Too bad Tony and AJ aren't alive to see it.

4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

To GHScorpiosRule's point above about how far the youth set on GH has fallen since the glory days of the late '90s:  This is one case where I can't be self-critical and say "I didn't know how good I had it." I knew every day how good I had it. I loved them all (except for Jennifer Sky as the quickly gone Sarah Webber). To KMc, AT, JJ, and BH, I would add Tyler the first time around (and I know he was older playing high school aged). Maybe he wasn't as great an actor as some of them, and yeah, we have our memories of "No serrrrvice!" and peering over Natalia Livingston's knees like he was hunting wabbit and all that, but in his first stint, he was sensitive and charismatic. He really had his best game in scenes with Stephen Nichols, Genie Francis, and Jonathan Jackson. I was heartbroken when the Scooby gang started to dissolve.  I do think they've had some good additions since then, such as Chad Brannon (Zander), but never so much good in one place.  

<snip> 

More writing backsliding: Look. I will believe the worst of Carly any day. I sit around coming up with theories for how she can be even worse than she is, and she's already plenty bad. But even I don't believe she'd seriously consider having Bobbie hack into a computer to change a paternity test to get Nelle's baby out of Michael's life. Her halfhearted "I hadn't thought it through" when Bobbie shot it down didn't excuse the scene. Her point of view would be that the baby, if Michael's, would be half Michael's. So she'd care about it. It would be more in character -- as she's been established for 22 years -- to put up with Nelle the best she could for the duration of the pregnancy and then hatch some scheme to get Michael sole custody, and Nelle not even visitation rights. So she'd be calling Diane first rather than Bobbie.  

Oh, I KNEW how could I had it and enjoyed it. I blame reality shows and every fucking person thinking they can act for the shitty actors I'm seeing. Not just here but also on prime time.  They ALL SUCK.

I was very disappointed in Bobbie and how she totally absolved that beast of everything she did.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ulkis said:

I feel like the fact that they swept it completely under the rug is a pretty big win for him though.

10 minutes ago, honeydo7 said:

Think the writers considered how devastating Nasty Nelle's  pregnancy can become, since she only has one functioning kidney? 

LOL!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I knew every day how good I had it. I loved them all (except for Jennifer Sky as the quickly gone Sarah Webber).

Mid 90's was when I started to watch GH religiously, running home so I could watch at 3pm and then taping it on the good old VCR for years!  The teens where what really hooked me, being a teen myself at the time.  Totally loved all of them - Jagger, Karen, Brenda, Robin & Stone, Lucky and Liz.....those were the days when I literally was on the edge of my seat watching GH!  I still DVR every episode but I end up usually watching Friday and deleting the rest unless something awesome happens (like anytime CarSon is called out).  I watch more out of habit now.  It's definitely not the same.

15 hours ago, Benji said:

Can someone please remind me what charges Britt is facing ? I forget how she exited. Is it regarding Ben/Rocco and the theft of the embryo ?

Nikolas was threatening to have her arrested for child endangerment because of her scheme with Spencer for him to "run away" and for her to "rescue" him to get her back in Nik's good graces.  Buuut a) I don't think those charges were ever actually filed (Nikolas immediately went sniffling around Liz again the second this came out) and b) Nik is now dead sooo...

• Love 1
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It's not like Michael wasn't an active, willing participant here.

Exactly.  And why the astonishment over sexually active people becoming pregnant?  It's like they think it's Powerball jackpot odds. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

a journalist gig

Lulu wishes. I hate this ridiculous story, but at least she realized that exposing Ask Man Landers wasn't her Watergate story.

8 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

If AJ were spinning in his grave, the ground would be rumbling throughout the town, because somehow, even after decomposing for years, he would be fat

Actually, I think he's too fat to spin in the first place.

8 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

But even I don't believe she'd seriously consider having Bobbie hack into a computer to change a paternity test to get Nelle's baby out of Michael's life.

I buy this as a knee-jerk reaction to the news. Carly has never been one to calmly consider a situation. But if she keeps on in this vein, that's totally OOC, I agree. 

5 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I am hoping we can finally be done with the weeping and gnashing of teeth done by various characters because they can't physically get pregnant.  

I really disliked the sniping between Nelle and Nina about stepmothers and pregnancy not making you a mother. The latter is true, but it was the context that made it gross.

1 hour ago, ciarra said:

And why the astonishment over sexually active people becoming pregnant?

Seriously. If Carly is going to be mad at anyone, it should be Michael for not wearing at least three condoms at a time. You'd think he'd have learned by now to wrap that thing up, if not because of Sonny's multiple ONS babies but because of the whole Sabrina thing. Yet somehow it's still the woman's fault. STAHP.

Edited by dubbel zout
"someone" isn't the same as "somehow"
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, TheMediaHo said:

Remember, Quartermaine Condoms break (hence, Jake)!

Yep. Even the one Dillon wore, broke, hence Lulu getting pregnant. And then having an abortion*.

What? You didn't  know she had an abortion?

4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That's why the dudes need to wear more than one at a time.

THIS. Because, see my reply above.

*All kidding and snark aside, this abortion storyline was very well done. And I don't understand why abortion wasn't an option for the WOMEN who had unplanned pregnancies since.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

it should be Michael for not wearing at least three condoms at a time

He's probably still using ELQ's Enduro condoms.  The ones with the holes in them that resulted in Jake.

And Nathan must use them, too, from the astonishment over Maxie's pregnancy.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 5

Oh, Monica. When will you learn? The tide hasn't turned. Quartermaines will never get a break on this show.

I liked Kim and Oscar's apartment the first time I saw it, but today it looked like a cheesy bachelor pad on an '80s sitcom.

It cracks me up that Ava complains about her "disfigurement" yet parts her hair so that side is highly visible.

It's gross that Nelle is using the baby as a bargaining chip, but I am enjoying her putting the screws to all the smug Corinthii.

• Love 13