Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

My problem with the Amy story is that Amy is a female Spinelli, and by that I mean a female Nice Guy syndrome cliche. I don't think she's trying to get Nathan into a sexual relationship but she's definitely treating Maxie like Maxie is the bad guy just because Maxie is more conventionally pretty, when Amy is just as snarky Maxie.

• Love 7

How is no one mentioning yet that the reason Jason Miller and Sam bought Derek Wells Media is because Sam was tired of the life? She wanted her kids away from it. Loving Jason Burton is all well and good, but one of her biggest priorities changed. And straight from Jason Burton's mouth, he would never leave the business. Also, why is it such a selling point in Carly's mind that Jason Burton would never fight for her because that's not his style? If Sam is passive and lets everything happen to her, Jason Burton is that times 10. I would like to see Sam choose Jason Miller, but OMG I'm so not looking forward to Burton's man pain. And I swear to god, if they bring back the freaking box of pain, I will scream...first with laughter, then with rage.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

My problem with the Amy story is that Amy is a female Spinelli, and by that I mean a female Nice Guy syndrome cliche. I don't think she's trying to get Nathan into a sexual relationship but she's definitely treating Maxie like Maxie is the bad guy just because Maxie is more conventionally pretty, when Amy is just as snarky Maxie.

Amy reminds me of the old Hollywood va-va-voom type of character, because the actress is very pretty and curvy.  However, Amy is annoying AF.  Maybe I wouldn't feel this way if the character had been introduced slowly and had bonded with Elizabeth, Felix and Piph, instead of being a mean girl (see Britt).

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, blondiek237 said:

I really want Jason Miller to be the real Jason just to see Snarly's  head explode.

It would be a thing of beauty but it will never happen.  Carly and Sonny are not allowed to be wrong about anything or anyone.  They will be right about this as well.  

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, NetflixandChill said:

because Sam was tired of the life?

This.  I wanted her to turn to Carly today and say, "yes I loved Jason once, but now I love my husband, who puts me and my children first".  But no, I can't have nice things.  

• Love 18
4 hours ago, Linny said:

Sam's had like twelve hours to process the Jason/Drew revelation and Carly's already breathing down her neck about choosing Jason. Apparently giving Sam some time to think things through and sort out her feelings is out of the question. Why does the show insist on making Sam some helpless character who needs others to guide her through her life's decisions? She's a grown woman and mother to two kids but she always waits on her husband, Sonny, or Carly to point her in a direction. It's so insulting that I'm supposed to believe that CARLY of all people knows what's best for Sam's heart more than Sam herself does. I need Sam to step up and make choices with her own conscious volition and not be a passive participant in her own life. Whichever man she picks, I want her reasons for choosing him to be her own and not because she's doing what's expected of her by everyone else.

I just watched that scene and DAMN Carly is COLD. Talking about how she would definitely hand everything back to the "real" Jason if it was up to her and finally slipping in an oh yeah Drew is a nice guy.  Has this guy not been her friend for the last few years? I haven't been watching but did they really not bond at ALL? He was there through Morgan's death right? I mean seriously. I don't know why I'm surprised. I used to love to hate  SBrown Carly because underneath it all it always seemed like she kind of hated herself but with every recast she's become more entitled and insufferable. although maybe not the casting..maybe it's because she's supposed to be our heroine now and always right..unless she's arguing with Sonny. I don't know. 

Oh...they haven't hit that Morgan topic with OGJason have they? 

Edited by MissL
  • Love 10
16 minutes ago, Neptune said:

Watching this again, the grossed out, haltering way Monica says Sonny's name when she expresses surprise that Jason's not at his house is a nice piece of business from Leslie Charleson.

In other news, I wonder if the writers will remember that Jason doesn't know that Edward passed away.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, LillyB said:

I really want Jason Miller to be the real Jason just to see Snarly's  head explode.

You and me both. Everyone is so convinced that SBJason is the real one and turning on BMJason and Franco is burning that paper that Doc Maddox gave him. This just seems too easy, but I also want egg on Sonny and Carly's faces. This guy tried to save Morgan's life, they were all over him when he was shot. They're such assholes.

2 hours ago, fishcakes said:

How would the random guy BMJason was interviewing know that there are two Jasons? The two Jasons just found out a few hours earlier. Also I am pretty sure that, much like me, SBJason and Sonny have zero interest in Aurora Media, so it's a weird thing for BMJason to be worried about.

Here's the extent of my interest in that scene. Those this guy look like the actor who played Wyatt on Charmed? Okay, I'm pretty sure that's the guy who played Wyatt on Charmed. Totally looks like him. Wait, don't cut to another scene, I wanna make sure it's him.

58 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I really hate Amy and this thing she has going on with Maxie is just, please make it stop! Let Amy and Nathan bang like I'm sure it will happen so that I can move on from this terrible storyline. 

I actually like Chett. But I really dislike his name.

25 minutes ago, Perkie said:

This.  I wanted her to turn to Carly today and say, "yes I loved Jason once, but now I love my husband, who puts me and my children first".  But no, I can't have nice things.  

I know! I would be fully on board if BMJason is the real Jason who had an epiphany. Then he can turn around and give Sonny and Carly the finger. It's so glaring how self-serving those two are. 

Carly: I'm so happy you're back, my life is such a mess, I need you to tell me to count to ten.

Me: You're a grown ass woman, enough with the co-dependent bullshit.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, MissL said:

I used to love to hate  SBrown Carly because underneath it all it always seemed like she kind of hated herself but with every recast she's become more entitled and insufferable.

Absolutely agree. And LW plays Carly as completely entitled, with no hints of genuine self-hatred or vulnerability even after her kids have been shot or blown up. 

• Love 18
18 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Here's the extent of my interest in that scene. Those this guy look like the actor who played Wyatt on Charmed? Okay, I'm pretty sure that's the guy who played Wyatt on Charmed. Totally looks like him. Wait, don't cut to another scene, I wanna make sure it's him.

He and Laura Wright are dating off-screen.

Sonny and Carly won't care if BM is Jason Morgan as long as the other brother acts like Jason Morgan. Since when do Carly and Sonny feel shame or embarrassment for more than 5 seconds? They'll just be like, "whatever, can you blame us for thinking he was Jason?"

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Star Aristille said:
5 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

That OGJason and Monica scene. "I wasn't fair to the family." Fuck. *wipes single tear* 

It was long overdue that he admitted that.  And Monica admitted that they handled things just as badly.  It was a good scene.

This is one of the key things that drive me CRAZY about the writing. Trying to suggest that what Jason did and what the Quartermaines were the same level of BAD, when it's SO far from the truth. To even TRY to equivocate the 'sides' is completely ridiculous.  It would be generous to give the Quartermaines 10%, if THAT.

JASON is the reason for why the relationship went the way it did. It is almost ENTIRELY on him. Once he stole Michael? That was it. 

Jason mealy mouthing about not being fair followed by Monica immediately taking ownership of half the blame is a friggin JOKE. Monica spent two decades grateful for whatever piece of bread crumb Jason decided to scrape off the bottom of his shoe and sneeringly fling in her direction all the while knowing he would not life a FINGER to help her know her grandson. She never celebrated a birthday with Michael, never saw him grow up, never went to school functions or spent a holiday with him. NONE of it. Neither did his own FATHER.

Jason did that.  And when he put Michael firmly with Sonny, he re-established how much of an asshole he would ALWAYS be when it came to the Qs having any kind of relationship with Michael. And felt pretty damn smug about it too.

Ugh.

• Love 18

Is calling Olivia "Liv Jerome" a new thing? Alexis said it several times yesterday and today and even Diane referred to her as Liv Jerome. I don't like it and it was so distracting. I think she was actually called Olivia once today. Please don't let this be a thing.

• Love 3

The Monica/Jason scene was worth watching the show today.  Except for when she apologized to Carly "Am I interrupting?" And, as @Vella said, the fault was mostly Jason's. I hate it that Monica has to beg for crumbs.  But good for LC today.

Carly:  Because Andrew will fight for you and Jason never will.   Me:  And how is this a selling point for Jason?

If Carly were smart, which she isn't, she'd encourage Sam to stay with Drew and have her beloved Jason all to herself.

1 hour ago, MissL said:

I used to love to hate  SBrown Carly because underneath it all it always seemed like she kind of hated herself but with every recast she's become more entitled and insufferable. although maybe not the casting..maybe it's because she's supposed to be our heroine now and always right..unless she's arguing with Sonny. I don't know. 

It's partly the acting, and partly because Carly is no longer that young, hurt woman but a woman in her forties.  Time to take responsibility for her own choices.

• Love 3

It would be a thing of beauty but it will never happen.  Carly and Sonny are not allowed to be wrong about anything or anyone.  They will be right about this as well.  

Except everyone who has seen and spoken to SBJason have acted as if he is the real Jason within minutes of meeting up with him. They would all be wrong, not just Sonny and Carly.

I also see BMJason has ditched the leather jacket and switch to the suit which makes him so much better on him.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Except everyone who has seen and spoken to SBJason have acted as if he is the real Jason within minutes of meeting up with him. They would all be wrong, not just Sonny and Carly.

I also see BMJason has ditched the leather jacket and switch to the suit which makes him so much better on him.

He had a suit on because he was interviewing someone for the CFO (CEO??  COO??) of the new company.

though he did it at the Metrocourt bar, so he could have just shown up in jeans.  Oy! 

25 minutes ago, MitaJo said:

Is calling Olivia "Liv Jerome" a new thing? Alexis said it several times yesterday and today and even Diane referred to her as Liv Jerome. I don't like it and it was so distracting. I think she was actually called Olivia once today. Please don't let this be a thing.

THIS! It was driving me batshit! I kept yelling at Alexis that it’s “OLIVIA!!!!” She was never called or referred to as “Liv.”

And as much as I loathe the Borg, why is Monica acting like this is the first time he told her he loved her? Just in last week’s flashback, we got that scene after he’d kidnapped Michael, that he now knew how she feels (love for him), and that he loved her. Or am I misremembering?

UGH. Is the SheBeast going to be touching and feeling Jason up every chance she gets now? And she was thisclose to opening his door with her master key before he opened the door.???? 

I ???at Jason’s dream killing Drew! But it wasn’t as laughable as when JJ’s Lucky fantasized shooting Nik after he discovered his affair with Liz, and his body flew like five feet after being shot!?????

• Love 3

I think the "Liv" thing is to distinguish between the two Olivia's (Falconery and Jerome).  When OJ was on before, they were calling her Liv.  

I love how Valentin has standards.  I will kill, steal, extort, bribe but I draw the line at drug dealing.  Uh ok there buddy.  And Nina is all, well sure that makes perfect sense.  I did love JPS reaction when Alexis breezed past him into the house.  He was all "are we even on speaking terms?"  The expression on his face was well done.  

• Love 3

I think the "Liv" thing is to distinguish between the two Olivia's (Falconery and Jerome).  When OJ was on before, they were calling her Liv.

I could see that if they were both in the room or they were talking about them at the same time. Both conversations (the one with Nora and the one with Diane) were about Olivia Jerome. Calling her Liv just seemed unnatural. I think the only one who has ever called her that was Julian, if I'm not mistaken.

I do think that that I've heard Olivia Falconeri referred to as Liv a few times over the years, though.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And funny how nobody cared about Jason having a brother/them getting along/them sharing family when said brother was AJ.  Him not coming up in all this "Jason has a twin brother!" nonsense, especially with Monica, is a bit glaring.

Back when both Jason and AJ were alive/around at the same time, Monica still had Edward, Alan, Emily and (often-ish) Tracy in her life.  Aside from the twin men, Sam, and the three children/her grandchildren, she has grandson Michael and Ned and Olivia (plus toddler Leo) in Port Charles now. That's it. She didn't act like Jason has never had a brother before.  I think it's totally understandable, especially at this point in her life, that she cares about them getting along as family.

• Love 4

My problem with Carly's supposed "truthtelling" today is that she's completely missing the fact that Drewson didn't do/become Jason on purpose.  To dupe Carson or Sam or anybody else.  He is a victim in all of this as well.  Someone has messed with his life (ala Jason Bourne.)  But Carly blathers on about Sam needing to see Drewson as a fraud and go back to P6 because he's the real deal.  Carly needs to have a sock shoved down her throat and gag on it for a good long time.  LW has played this bombastic entitled bitch take on Carly since she took over the role.  I loathed it when she had scenes with Becky during the baby Jake story line back in 2006-07.  I really don't like LW as an actress.  

Edited by coffee drinker
  • Love 10
On 11/13/2017 at 4:18 PM, seasons said:

Nora talking to Bo on the phone... wonder if they are considering bringing him on board too? I'd like to see that.

I wouldn't mind Bo and Nora moving to PC. But only if Bo is allowed to force the PCPD to actually solve a case and ban Sonny/Carly/Jason from holding court and running the police department for their own interests. I could love that.

3 hours ago, Perkie said:

I would add this: having her tell Carly to GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOME!

2 hours ago, Vella said:

This is one of the key things that drive me CRAZY about the writing. Trying to suggest that what Jason did and what the Quartermaines were the same level of BAD, when it's SO far from the truth. To even TRY to equivocate the 'sides' is completely ridiculous.  It would be generous to give the Quartermaines 10%, if THAT.

JASON is the reason for why the relationship went the way it did. It is almost ENTIRELY on him. Once he stole Michael? That was it. 

Jason mealy mouthing about not being fair followed by Monica immediately taking ownership of half the blame is a friggin JOKE. Monica spent two decades grateful for whatever piece of bread crumb Jason decided to scrape off the bottom of his shoe and sneeringly fling in her direction all the while knowing he would not life a FINGER to help her know her grandson. She never celebrated a birthday with Michael, never saw him grow up, never went to school functions or spent a holiday with him. NONE of it. Neither did his own FATHER.

Jason did that.  And when he put Michael firmly with Sonny, he re-established how much of an asshole he would ALWAYS be when it came to the Qs having any kind of relationship with Michael. And felt pretty damn smug about it too.

Ugh.

I love the scene between SBJason and Monica. But yeah, it still sucked. Monica had to track him down to see him. Monica had to take responsibility for 3 decades of estrangement. All for the high crime of not wanting her brain damaged son to take up being a mob goon and serial killer. What a horrible mother she was! It still irks about Michael and the whole Jake issue too. It would've been soooo easy for Jason to just request that Liz really try to include Monica in Jake's (and even Cameron's) life. To tell Liz that he had learned from the mistakes with Michael and that Monica didn't deserve to lose her grandchild. Liz had a perfect excuse for staying close to Monica: Emily. Add the fact that Monica and Liz both worked at GH. Instead we got the stupidity of Liz apparently never going to the Q mansion again after Emily's death. Which is just insane to me.

• Love 9

I'm guessing that story-wise we will see Sam choose Jason Miller initially, because they are setting up a conflict between Liz and Franco based on his insecurity about her feelings for Jason Burton. But even organically, it makes sense for Sam to still be so scarred by all the mob violence that she values Jason Miller's priorities.

For goddsake, she just tried to kill Sonny when her subconscious rage at him got free reign, during her cat box breakdown. 

By the way, Liz should step away from the fireside cuddling, and go online looking for a child therapist to replace Andre, because poor Jake is getting yet another father snatched away from him. 

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, coffee drinker said:

My problem with Carly's supposed "truthtelling" today is that she's completely missing the fact that Drewson didn't do/become Jason on purpose.  To dupe Carson or Sam or anybody else.  He is a victim in all of this as well.  Someone has messed with his life (ala Jason Bourne.)  But Carly blathers on about Sam needing to see Drewson as a fraud and go back to P6 because he's the real deal. 

She really didn't. She acknowledged that Drew is a good man who loves Sam and she didn't accuse him of trying to steal Jason's life. She took responsibility for convincing him that he was Jason and admitted that she did it because she wanted Jason back. She actually agreed with Heatlifer, that Sam loves Drew because she thought he was Jason

• Love 5
6 hours ago, seasons said:

Is Jason staying at the metro court? Carly couldn't give him a suite?

I am legit shocked that Carly didn't insist on Jason staying at Sonny's so that she could keep an eye on him. (So was Monica! Hee.)

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

If Carly were smart, which she isn't, she'd encourage Sam to stay with Drew and have her beloved Jason all to herself.

I know! Carly hates sharing Jason Burton with anyone. Encouraging Sam to stay with Jason Miller is the perfect solution for her. Carly gets her Jason back, Sam and Jason Miller are out of her life. But Carly is thinking about Jason Burton being happy, not Sam.

2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I love how Valentin has standards.  I will kill, steal, extort, bribe but I draw the line at drug dealing.

Sonny is the same way. Supposedly it makes them not completely irredeemable. 

I loved how excited Anna got when she was describing copying memories and placing them in other people and the intelligence ramifications, and Jordan gives her a sort of horrified look, and Anna quickly says, "Of course, it's morally reprehensible, which is why the WSB abandoned the research." Hee.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

She really didn't. She acknowledged that Drew is a good man who loves Sam and she didn't accuse him of trying to steal Jason's life. She took responsibility for convincing him that he was Jason and admitted that she did it because she wanted Jason back. She actually agreed with Heatlifer, that Sam loves Drew because she thought he was Jason

Carly also doesn't really care about Sam and Jason together. She's guilty. That's what this is. She feels like she gave Drew Jason's life and she's trying to fix it.

5 hours ago, Vella said:

JASON is the reason for why the relationship went the way it did. It is almost ENTIRELY on him.

Jason was brain damaged, angry, and had no idea who any of his family members were and felt like they were forcing him to be whatever they remembered him to be. There's a reason why he loved Lila and Emily and liked Ned and Lois (in the beginning). That's more what Monica was referring to. If the rest of the family understood that he was never going to be the same, maybe they could have forged a better relationship sooner. The mob/Sonny/Michael/AJ is a whole other can of worms and I don't think that's what Monica was apologizing for.

• Love 8

The only GH Kate I know is the Megan Ward version of the Crimson doyenne. I think we're supposed to think of her as Connie now, but I'd like to pretend that that recasting never happened. Can Megan Ward also reappear from confinement in the Russian clinic? Please? And on her first day, can she launch Nina from a high window, desk chair and all? 

Yes, at some point in the in-show history of post-accident Jason, the official line was that he couldn't have dreams, or he never remembered them, or something. But they retconned that one long ago. He had an episode-long dream about SWSNBN once, and I think he may have had a Franco nightmare in the James Franco days, although I am not sure about that second one. So the "shooting Billy Miller" dream wasn't that big of continuity rupture to me, or evidence that Burton is Drew. He told Carly he had had a nightmare, and she didn't go, "You never have dreams of any kind!" 

Yeah, right, Carly. Some amount of time is going to go by and you'll get used to things and stop humping Burton Jason every time you see him. Nobody's buying that, so don't bother selling it.  

I liked Diane's coldness, actually, because Miller Jason's paranoia and general dickishness are working my last nerve.

Even when some of what Carly says is right, she's such an annoying busybody. True to form, she's trying to "fix" everything for Burton Jason, even though these are all adults who aren't asking for her help.  

The Burton Jason/Monica scenes were nice.  

Tomorrow looks snoozy. Wednesday story dump.    

• Love 5
3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Carly also doesn't really care about Sam and Jason together. She's guilty. That's what this is. She feels like she gave Drew Jason's life and she's trying to fix it.

Fix it for who?  Certainly not for Drew.  That's the point, the bitch isn't thinking about him at all.  She gave lip service to how swell, nice, loving the guy is to Sam and at the same time telling Sam she has to ditch it for P6 because oops I made a mistake about Drewson being Jason.  Has Carly had any conversation with Drewson to apologize for her role in this mess?  Bitch needs to stay in her lane and let the others sort it out.  Yes, I know, that's not Carly, but she really looked even more stupid than usual in that crap yesterday.  

• Love 5

I love (sarcastically) that Carly is completely ignoring how utterly traumatized Danny would be if she had her way and he was handed over to SBJason tomorrow with the announcement, "He's actually not just an old friend of your mom's - he's your Daddy. But you can still like this guy you thought was your Daddy, because he's your uncle. "  She doesn't care what he would go through, anymore than she acknowledges the hell her own kids have been through as a result of her repeatedly choosing to have Jason and Sonny as her topic toxic priorities.  I loved when Joss called her out on her "cycle."

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I love (sarcastically) that Carly is completely ignoring how utterly traumatized Danny would be if she had her way and he was handed over to SBJason tomorrow with the announcement, "He's actually not just an old friend of your mom's - he's your Daddy. But you can still like this guy you thought was your Daddy, because he's your uncle. "

But that's going to happen anyway. Sam isn't going to keep Danny away from Jason and she's not going to lie to him. Carly is a bull in a china shop but she's not being blind or even particularly cruel. Drew isn't Jason; they're all going to have to deal, and denial doesn't serve anyone here.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

Actually, we don't know what Sam will do concerning Danny and SBJason. It could come down to the Quad of The 2 Jasons and the 2 baby mamas deciding that it will be best for the boys to stay with BMJason as Dad. If SBJason really is Jason, having him decide to take the Drew Moore/Quartermaine/whatever identity. To lessen any mob ties to protect Jake and Danny. Which is exactly what real Jason would chose to do. Do whatever makes it easier for him to protect Sonny and Michael. Dealing with kids and them being under threats leads to pissed off mamas and time away from his true love. Who of course is Sonny. 

And if anyone should've had a negative freak out over SB showing up, it should be Jake. Because wasn't the whole moronic Cassadine island shitfest about Jake seeing SB faced Jason getting beatdowns at Helena's behest? And Jake being further traumatized because of it? Which is why we had to see BMJason chained to a rock to remember it? Did this crap NOT JUST HAPPEN IN THE PAST YEAR OR SO? 

• Love 6

I think it's hysterical that Sonny and Carly have thrown BillyJason like he was yesterday's news. All of the sudden they knew all along he wasn't the real Jason. WTF? I thought the SteveJason scenes with Monica were rather lukewarm. I think SteveJason roaming the halls of GH, at Sams place, at Sonny's place & in jail got me so mad because it's like no one even cared to tell Monica that her "real" son was back. Instead, we have to watch all of these new characters from OLTL (and, I liked that show but their time is done) in every scene all the while Monica is looking like some day player. Sometimes, I hate FV.

• Love 2

Ohhhh, Show. You're addressing how Nora was bankrolled into O-Liv-ia's defense. How are you going to retcon/walk back Valentin's impact in this?

I look at Julexis and how Alexis is trying to convince a town full of DGaFs to help Julian, and I'm reminded of the scene from "Christmas Story", where the Old Man is trying to repair the shattered Leg Lamp, and, in his last futile effort, watches it collapse back into pieces.

WdV re-signing notwithstanding, they need to bury this subplot in the back yard. I'll provide the bugle to play "Taps".

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I think it's hysterical that Sonny and Carly have thrown BillyJason like he was yesterday's news. All of the sudden they knew all along he wasn't the real Jason. WTF?

It's all about making Carly be right.  At the time of the Jake Doe reveal, it was portrayed as 'OF COURSE it's Carly who figured out he's really Jason--NO ONE knows Jason better than Carly!"

Now it's "Carly was so consumed by her grief over Jason that she tried to replace him, but OF COURSE she was fooling herself and OF COURSE the second she saw the 'true' Jason she knew it was him because NO ONE knows Jason better than Carly."

STFU, show.  And Carly.

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It's all about making Carly be right.  At the time of the Jake Doe reveal, it was portrayed as 'OF COURSE it's Carly who figured out he's really Jason--NO ONE knows Jason better than Carly!"

Meanwhile, Carly "cracking the case" was her happening to be standing there when Spinelli's computer program spit out Jason's picture.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Now it's "Carly was so consumed by her grief over Jason that she tried to replace him, but OF COURSE she was fooling herself and OF COURSE the second she saw the 'true' Jason she knew it was him because NO ONE knows Jason better than Carly."

STFU, show.  And Carly.

FV really does believe/think that Sonny & Carly are the stars of GH. I'm sure they have the highest episode count and now with Steve Burton back it might even go higher. I get bringing a fan favorite back but I hate that it props Sonny & Carly up even more.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

If the rest of the family understood that he was never going to be the same, maybe they could have forged a better relationship sooner.

The Qs were so pushy with Jason after the accident. I actually think that was pretty well done. You saw both sides: They were desperate to get the old Jason back, and he was trying to adjust to his new reality, where he genuinely had no memory of these people. Tony (RIP!) tried to mediate, but I think feelings on both sides were just too raw for anyone to step back and let things happen at a more organic pace. And that just led to each side digging in more firmly and Jason eventually opting out of the Qs entirely.

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

A classic case of the show having it both ways. How convenient Carly's grief could blind her to Jason Miller being the fake Jason.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The Qs were so pushy with Jason after the accident. I actually think that was pretty well done. You saw both sides: They were desperate to get the old Jason back, and he was trying to adjust to his new reality, where he genuinely had no memory of these people. Tony (RIP!) tried to mediate, but I think feelings on both sides were just too raw for anyone to step back and let things happen at a more organic pace. And that just led to each side digging in more firmly and Jason eventually opting out of the Qs entirely.

Exactly. And it's also important to note that even though he didn't want to BE a Q, he still never cut off the family completely, and did TRY along the way with a number of members. Whether he did it for himself, for Robin, for Michael, etc. It's just unfortunate that both Alan (his drug problem) and AJ (for just being AJ?) were made to be villains.

6 hours ago, coffee drinker said:

Fix it for who?  Certainly not for Drew. 

For Jason.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Darklazr said:

Amy reminds me of the old Hollywood va-va-voom type of character, because the actress is very pretty and curvy.  However, Amy is annoying AF.  Maybe I wouldn't feel this way if the character had been introduced slowly and had bonded with Elizabeth, Felix and Piph, instead of being a mean girl (see Britt).

I'm not interested in any story that includes Amy, but I did appreciate that she was presented as a woman worth being jealous of.  Maxie didn't take one look at her and conclude she was no threat.

• Love 3

I would actually love it if BillyJason was the real Jason.  Just to rub it in Carly and Sonny's faces.  Hell, even Diane.  I would absolutely love to see them so crestfallen and having to face the reality that they abandoned their actual best friend.  Again.  Of course, this will never happen, but it would be amazing.

I've always liked Steve Burton even though Jason is such a putz.  I mean he lost this huge chunk of his life because of a job he was doing for Sonny, and now he's picked right up where he left off.  I have to give a big fuck you to Carly too.  Barging into Sam's house demanding that she pick SteveJason.  You know what?  Even if he is THE Jason, who gives a shit?  He made the choice to choose "the business" over his family.  Now she's with someone who actually loves her and puts her first.  If she had any backbone left, she would have said at least one of these things to Carly, but instead she just stared blankly with those dead eyes of hers.  Seeing the flashback of her and Jason just made me realize even more how much they have ruined this character. 

BillyJason is definitely acting a little extra lately, but I really can't blame him.  He thinks this guy is coming in to take his life, and already has a pretty decent group of people abandoning him entirely.  I would probably be a little defensive and edgy too.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 12

10 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Jason was brain damaged, angry, and had no idea who any of his family members were and felt like they were forcing him to be whatever they remembered him to be.

8 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I liked Diane's coldness, actually, because Miller Jason's paranoia and general dickishness are working my last nerve.

There's a parallel here.  JasonMiller is also brain damaged -- Andre stole his memories and replaced them with those of someone else. Carly & Co. forced him to accept Jason's world and his life and he did; he fell in love with Sam, was a father to Danny, and fathered Scout.  He forged connections with Monica and he left the mob because he wanted to keep his family safe.

Now everyone, from Carly to Sonny to Diane, with no real evidence is trying to take that life away from him, the only life he knows. They're trying to take away his wife and children from him because they say that he's an imposter even though he truly believes that he is Jason.  And Diane is also trying to take his money away from him too.

If he's not Jason, then he's nothing.   I'd say no one has a better right to be paranoid.

• Love 11