Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Ava's actions are reprehensible but there is never mention about how Morgan took her hostage with a shotgun or that he was responsible for her getting shot.  Ava didn't place the bomb in the car that Morgan stole.  At least the writers provided the viewers with some explanation as to why she did a horrific thing to Morgan.  The writers don't even bother to provide any justification for Sonny's actions.  It's just business.  Here's another segment of Sonny's admirers.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 2

I'll add another difference. Ava gets all sides of the fallout. She has people who despise her and that's never going to change; she has people who will never excuse what she did in this instance, but cannot completely write her out of their lives (her daughter, Griffin); she has associates who are utter cutthroats, don't give a shit about Morgan at all and never bring him up. She makes excuses for herself, but still is truly remorseful.  

If Sonny switched somebody's badly needed medications around for some gaslighting exercise? Well, okay, he probably would not do that. But let's say, just for instance, he had a foe on the show who was a recovering alcoholic, and he kidnapped that person and forced him to drink (hmm, the first part of this scenario is familiar), and it spiraled out of control and the guy had an accident and died. The story would quickly turn into Sonny feeling sorry for himself. After a few days, all the "good" characters would be telling him to give himself a break. If the dead guy's friends or family dared to confront Sonny, Carly would be getting in front of him and telling them to get over it. Or, now that OGJason's back, he would be stonily staring them down: "You've said your piece. Now get out! I won't tell you again!"

Then Sonny would be in the hospital chapel saying, "That guy is dead because of me. Lord, uh, can you please give me a s-s-s-sign that I'm still a good man?" Then a little girl would come into the hospital needing a transfusion while the hospital was short on blood, and Sonny would have her rare blood type. The episode would end with Monica telling him, "Sonny, heaven knows you and I have had our differences over the years. But I'll give you this: you always come through when it really counts."  Griffin would deliver a homily about how when you take a life, the only thing to do is give one back, and the episode would end on Sonny and the little day-player girl holding hands.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 9

I honestly think Ava hates that Morgan died and it is the only reason she feels any remorse. If he didn't die, she would feel justified in messing with his meds and his sanity especially if she succeeded in breaking up Kiki and Morgan.

In my opinion, Ava has been written as a  sociopath who is only interested in how things effect her and when she makes weepy displays to people she wants something from (Kiki, Griffin), it is to get them them feel sorry for her.

The reason why she has so many people who scorn her is because Morgan was related to half the characters on the show and she has no friends except for Scott.

Yes, Sonny does it as do most of the bad/villains on the show. The difference is that Sonny is related to half the characters and the ones that should hate him are no longer on the show or are recurring.

• Love 2

All the people in PC are scum. I don't think anyone should be a moral authority and I don't think they are. People call out and rightfully hate Ava. People call out and rightfully hate Sonny. What I really hate is when Jean wrote everyone and their mother accepting FRANCO (even their victims). Thank God they finally got rid of her and real Jason's back and actually is allowed to hate the mofo. Having BM/Fakeson shake his hand was disgusting.

• Love 1
On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 10:29 AM, Asp Burger said:

Her whole vibe is (I hate to use this phrase, because El Presidente threw it around a lot last year) "low-energy." Besides the vocal audibility issue, she's either sitting or lying down so much of the time. So many of her stories seem to be about struggling to be conscious, or being worn out and needing rest. She's always sighing in this tired, exasperated way, and moving around laboriously when there is any movement.  I guess they think they're writing to her strengths? Even when she gets involved in some kind of adventure, she's as likely as not to fall or get knocked out so she can be immobile. Then she can be in the hospital bed again for a while, and then back on the couch after her release.  

It's an odd case. I can't remember ever seeing a "tough chick" on any show being less dynamic than La McCall.   

Melody16 also said it well: she's the kind of character, basically, that things happen to. She's passive rather than active. Then I see comments on Twitter like "ride or die chick" and I'm like well, at this point, it's more like "half dead chick" because that's how much energy she exudes in her scenes. Seriously, she has fans. Great, whatever. I just don't get the deal with this character and never have. She's lukewarm to me in every way, and except for the first few months she was on and had such potential, she always has been. Worst decision EVER to put her in the sphere of the soul sucking Jason/Sonny/Carly territory. It does the actress and character NO favors.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BF4L said:

People call out and rightfully hate Sonny.

Hardly anyone does this anymore on the show, and those that do are diminished and vilified.  Actually, I think Scotty is the only person who still openly hates Sonny.  Even Monica seems to cater to him.

It really made me mad on Friday when Sam was so dismissive on Nina, whom I also dislike.  She was like budgets, smudgets, go away now so I can figure out how to turn this computer on and scribble some notes on this pad because I have No Clue what I'm even doing.  Shut up Sam.

• Love 7
On 11/17/2017 at 4:44 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Thank you to @Neptune...

imageproxy (1).gif

I literally have CHILLS!!!  This was such a beautiful, innocent, pure, love story.  So good.

I do have to comment on Kim's wardrobe (NOT her weight because I am not here for body shaming) because last time she was on before she was preggo they dressed her so frumpy and horrible.  It seems nothing has changed.  Come on wardrobe department....this is ROBIN!!

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

It really made me mad on Friday when Sam was so dismissive on Nina, whom I also dislike.  She was like budgets, smudgets, go away now so I can figure out how to turn this computer on and scribble some notes on this pad because I have No Clue what I'm even doing.  Shut up Sam.

Nina seemed less concerned about her budget and more concerned with sticking her nose in where it doesn't belong to get the gossip.  Loved Sam reminding her that they are not, nor ever have been, friends.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

If Sonny switched somebody's badly needed medications around for some gaslighting exercise? Well, okay, he probably would not do that. But let's say, just for instance, he had a foe on the show who was a recovering alcoholic, and he kidnapped that person and forced him to drink (hmm, the first part of this scenario is familiar), and it spiraled out of control and the guy had an accident and died.

Actually, Sonny has done a variation of this. Karen Wexler, Scotty's daughter. Got her into stripping and hooked on pills. To this day, Scotty still hates Sonny, but Sonny just dismisses him and his claims. while Carly shrikes how terrible a person Scotty is, and it's his fault, and deflects all of Scotty's misdeeds.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

so I can figure out how to turn this computer on and scribble some notes on this pad

I think Sam should have kicked Nina out once she started talking about Jason instead of Crimson, but this made me giggle.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I've been going in and out of this show for a couple of decades now.  What always drives me away is the double standard for which Sonny/Carly/Jason are some of the worst people on the show but they're always written as heroes.  Yes, Julian's done some bad things but Sonny putting AJ on a meathook to steal his child away (much less Sonny killing AJ), and then going to Ava's bedside in the burnt unit to get her to sign away her child and then cackling to her about it every time he sees her that she's a terrible person and she'll never have a relationship with her daughter again is unspeakably foul.  Worse-than-Faison foul.

So I can't really get into condemning how terrible Julian and Ava and even Valentin are when there is Sonny and Carly in front of me.  (I don't like RoHo's Franco but I hate James Franco even more.  I blame much of the serial killer stuff on him and his ego.)

QFT. Sneaking into her bed and forcing her to sign away Avery was reprehensible.

Also, when Kiki was shot at the pier (and Morgan was erratic -- was he off his meds at the time?), Sonny sent a black rose to Kiki's room to spook Ava into getting out of the business, and he passed-gas smiled how S-m-r-t he was.

• Love 6
On 11/20/2017 at 7:49 AM, sunnyface said:

Ava's actions are reprehensible but there is never mention about how Morgan took her hostage with a shotgun

Probably they don't mention it because it doesn't help her case. Holing up in the cabin with Kiki and a shotgun was the reason Morgan was hospitalized and properly medicated in the first place. So, screwing up Morgan's medication was not only reprehensible, it was stupid. It potentially placed her daughter in exactly the kind of danger she claimed she was trying to protect her from.

or that he was responsible for her getting shot. 

Kiki got her own stupid self shot. She literally ran out of a room full of people (including her mother and both of his parents) who were better equipped to handle the situation that she blindly and stupidly blundered into, and she ran out without asking any of them for help.

I never could figure out which of them was dumber. Honestly, I'm glad Morgan's death prevented these two morons from procreating 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3

Seriously, Jase?  Even not knowing about Sonny murdering AJ - and that Monica didn't mention it here was so glaring, especially given she was rattling off the missing Q faces - inviting her to dine with Sonny and Carly was tone-deaf as fuck.  Asshole.

The scenes had too much to do about Dr. Michael Easton, but it was fun seeing Anna, Robin, Felicia, and Mac together.  Why couldn't Maxie be with them instead of dealing with Ask Man Landers foolishness.

Ned expressing totally reasonable concerns re: the ripple effects the Tale of Two Jasons might have on ELQ and Michael being all, "Whatever" was so irritating.

• Love 16

STAHP with the Ask Man Landers story. I can't with this nonsense. Or if we have to suffer through it, why haven't Amy 2.0 and/or Nathan consulted an attorney to find out exactly what the deal is? They both act as if they have no options. Gah.

JJY looks great with glasses. I'm iffy on KW's bangs. I love how excited Mac always is to see Robin.

• Love 3

Is that really all we're getting of the Quartermaines this Thanksgiving? Olivia in a dumb paper pilgrim hat, Michael taking a drink from the "I KNEW something was wrong with the other Jason" well, Ned musing yet again about making a power move in ELQ without any follow through, all while surrounded by an inordinate amount of harvest decorations. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

I see you, show, ignoring AJ's murder even though it would have been appropriate for Monica to talk about it. I've got to make peace with this oversight, even though it pains me to do so, because nothing will ever obstruct Jason and Sonny's relationship. 

I'm ignoring everything Ask Man Landers, because in my mind Maxie was happily visiting with Robin and baby Noah and paying zero attention to the tribulations of Amy Driscoll.

Edited by Linny
  • Love 4

JJY is just a few years younger than I am, so why don't the old geezers I graduated with look like that?!!!  Boy, has he aged well.

Aarrggh...this Ask Man Landers story is so treacly I may go into a sugar coma.  Make it stop.

Has JasonBurton always been so fun loving?  When he was holding Michael back while Sonny pretend-punched him, he looked like he was having fun.  I didn't know that was in his programming.  It was cute, nevertheless.

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, Linny said:

I've got to make peace with this oversight

No, you don't. Not at all. It will never be okay, what this show has done with the Qs, none of it. Not okay that Jason, whichever one he is, is okay with Sonny for murdering his brother. Not okay that other people continuously get new relatives and love interests, etc, but long term actual REAL legacy families like the Qs and the Hardys get the shaft. No matter how anyone feels about Rebecca Budig/Hayden or even Liz as a character, also not okay that her only blood tie other than her Attic Kids, was written off to make way for The Saga of the Two Constipated Robots. None of that is OKAY, nor should it be excused or brushed aside. "Oh, you killed Fat AJ, Sonny ? Okay. I'll be there at 6 for turkey."  LOSERS. And I don't mean the characters, either.

• Love 10
57 minutes ago, melody16 said:

Pleaseeeeee let BillyJ be the real Jason Morgan.  

My guess is he'll be declared the "real" one soon, but it'll be wrong and won't be sorted out for months.  That way Drewson/Sam get to carry on thinking she wasn't wrong in believing he was, while real Jason gets to deal with Drewson's ex Kim and the boy who's name is part of a brand of lunch meat, lol.  Kim will think real Jason is Drewson solely by the face and the story goes from there.   I believe Freaky Franco knows the truth, but won't spill it ever in order to keep Elizabeth.  At some point the truth will come out and maybe Drewson/real Jason swap partners while Elizabeth is left alone after she ditches Franco.  As an Elizabeth fan I'd be okay with that as long as it ends the abomination called Friz.  

What in the world . . . now Finn is talking about the wonders of Amy?

lol at Maxie saying "she's having a stroke!" Her basically hating everyone right now is funny.

Michael should have been all, "hey Jason! Did you know I've had 3 more dead girlfriends since I've last seen you?"

(don't bother wondering who they are, I was exaggerating the number.)

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So, no more Jason* and Robin scenes today? Friday was it? Well...FUCK.

*I only ever find him bearable when he's in scenes with Robin.

I don't think Friday was it. 

Re: Billy being Jason. Why, lol? I still don't get this. So Sonny and Carly look bad? Or is there another reason? Because love or hate Jason Morgan, BM never grasped this character or his connections. And if he's revealed to be Jason, are we going to get a whole new set of scenes from all his loved ones? It's unnecessary. No. I cannot. The show needs to just move on from this now. This stupid story has overtaken GH since 2014 and has been retconned a bazillion times. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I don't think Friday was it. 

Re: Billy being Jason. Why, lol? I still don't get this. So Sonny and Carly look bad? Or is there another reason? Because love or hate Jason Morgan, BM never grasped this character or his connections. And if he's revealed to be Jason, are we going to get a whole new set of scenes from all his loved ones? It's unnecessary. No. I cannot. The show needs to just move on from this now. This stupid story has overtaken GH since 2014 and has been retconned a bazillion times. 

That's good to know.

As for who the real Jason is, well, I think the scenes with Jason and Robin proved (at least to me) that Burton is the real Jason. And no one will convince me he would return to this show only to play a twin we'd never heard of or seen before. And it has nothing to do with how the original actor can inject more emotions regarding his memories, because when Drake Hogestyn thought he was Roman, on Days of Our Lives, I believed he was, because he made me believe it with the emotions. But of course, they changed their minds and decided, no, we want Wayne Northrup back, and we'll say Stefano implanted him with memories, and thus, we got John Black.

With Billy Miller, he no longer had that edge/killer instinct, pardon the pun, that made Jason Morgan, Jason Morgan. Even when he thought he remembered Robin on the bridge (and I admit, I squeed when he finally "remembered"), it was like, "you're Robin, right? They told me about you" but nothing was spontaneous.  Just like I can't accept Emme as Lulu. She doesn't have Julie's edge/snark.

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Re: Billy being Jason. Why, lol? I still don't get this. So Sonny and Carly look bad?

IMO, there's no way Steve Burton isn't Jason, but if it turned out Billy Miller was Jason, Sonny and Carly's smug happiness shattering would 100% be the reason why I'd welcome it.

But we viewers are Charlie Brown and the show is Lucy, yanking away the football of Sonny/Carly suffering any lasting consequences at the last second.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 16
18 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

IMO, there's no way Steve Burton isn't Jason, but if it turned out Billy Miller was Jason, Sonny and Carly's smug happiness shattering would 100% be the reason why I'd welcome it.

I don't think they would care, as long as they had a twin who acted like their Jason.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

Re: Billy being Jason. Why, lol?

For me it's just because it's funny. I don't give one shit about Jason, so I don't have any feelings about it. Plus, some fans would lose it and that's always fun.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't think they would care, as long as they had a twin who acted like their Jason.

Yeah, I don't think they'd care much about being wrong so long as they got back a familiar Jason. They'd shrug it off and be relieved that they got a new Jason to replace the defective model

• Love 3
11 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Ava's actions are reprehensible but there is never mention about how Morgan took her hostage with a shotgun or that he was responsible for her getting shot.  Ava didn't place the bomb in the car that Morgan stole.  At least the writers provided the viewers with some explanation as to why she did a horrific thing to Morgan.  The writers don't even bother to provide any justification for Sonny's actions.  It's just business.  Here's another segment of Sonny's admirers.

You would think that, as melodramatic as Ava is, that she would be screaming in the middle of the Metrocourt that her daughter was lying in a hospital bed, SHOT, because of Morgan's erratic actions, and that he had held her hostage, etc etc. She had ample reason to be crazed that Kiki wouldn't give up on him (not that what she did was OK, obviously, but god forbid we get to see Jason or others really have context for those actions.)

So we're all just ignoring that confirmation that Tracey went back to Luke, right? Good.

The Aurora and ELQ stuff is kind of interesting, and in "real life" would definitely be messy. But at the end of the day, it's just a matter of scooping up and sorting the spilled button bag -- there's more than enough buttons to go around. Jason can have all the mob money and Drew can have the Q money. And God knows there should be enough Q inheritance and ELQ shares to go around, Ned, given that so many of Alan and/or Monica's offspring are already dead. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Every person that was close to Jason before he was killed 5 years old knew that SBJason was Jason after seeing/talking to him. They can feel it. His best friends, his former lover,s his lawyer, his mother, his nephew, his cousin. Even Sam but she can't admit it aloud because it would destroy the life she has built with BMJason.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Then I nominate the one that just stood there, not reacting and not blinking, today when Michael was making his obligatory confession of unfaithfulness to SBJason's memory as the one Sonny and Carly can have. And then the tree of them can move to rural Utah.

• Love 1

GH like OLTL is so damned lazy with how their trying to tell the "Tale of Two Identical twin" stories and it takes away from all of the soapy drama.  Jake Doe/BM should have morphed back into all things Jason Morgan and stayed in that mode and none of this BS with the media company.  Jason/SBu should have had to fight for months and months for Sonny, Carly, Sam, Elizabeth, Michael, Monica, Ned, etc to believe that he was the real deal, but instead we get a half assed "oh, it's Jason!" and no long term story.  

• Love 3

I am not ashamed to admit that Sonny is my favorite character despite the stupid and evil things he has done over the years, but even I was amazed today that used Sonny to discuss to two real life problems.

First they had Sonny and Jason talk about rebuilding in Puerto Rico after the devastation of the recent hurricane. Like which writer thought that was a good idea to have these two particular characters talk about that topic.

And then we follow up with Sonny and Finn talking about the opiate epidemic.

All that was missing was MB giving two PSA at the end of the show.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Perkie said:

LIne of the day:

Jason:  You can always come to the Corinthos for Thanksgiving

Monica:  I'd rather stick cocktail forks in my eyeballs

Thank you to good writer for letting that one through.  

I actually couldn't tell if Jason was serious or kidding when he suggested Monica come to Sonny's and Carly's for Thanksgiving. If he was serious, did he really think that Monica would dare sit at a table with two guttersnipes who relentlessly made life miserable for her son (and Jason's brother by the way) which eventually culminated in son's/brother's brutal death? Oh yes Jason! Let Monica drop on by with a pumpkin pie and a pan of cornbread stuffing for the festivities. SMH.

• Love 2
On 11/20/2017 at 7:35 PM, Auntie Velvet said:

She had ample reason to be crazed that Kiki wouldn't give up on him

But it was also her fault that Kiki didn't trust her objectivity. She's been so incredibly sketchy and untrustworthy when it came to Morgan that I don't really blame Kiki for not believing that Ava was just being a caring parent. It was unfortunately not beyond the realm of possibility that Ava just wanted Kiki to break up with Morgan because she wanted to sleep with him again. 

She's honestly lucky that all Jason did was turn his back on her. When Claudia accidentally got Michael shot, Jason spent months  (grossly)trying to justify murdering her without proof. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I do have to comment on Kim's wardrobe (NOT her weight because I am not here for body shaming) because last time she was on before she was preggo they dressed her so frumpy and horrible.  It seems nothing has changed.  Come on wardrobe department....this is ROBIN!!

Huh, my GH standards regarding the wardrobe dept must be pretty low these days because when KMc walked into the scene to join SB, I was thinking that she looked significantly nicer in that blue top than she did in that floral (?) shirt she was wearing when Robin interrupted Patrick and Sabrina's wedding.  I would say that they just don't care because Robin's not a regular on the show anymore - but there have been some seriously bad wardrobe choices for women who ARE still regular contract characters. 

• Love 1

I don't think I missed it, but there was no mention of where the heck Dillon is, correct?  Are they seriously going with a "Bobby Martin goes to get his skis" exit for a Q, when he has a GF on canvas and isn't being forced out by a lawsuit?  What the actual hell?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I don't think I missed it, but there was no mention of where the heck Dillon is, correct?

Monica mentioned him; he's on an extended shoot (or something like that) for Crimson.

• Love 2

I've got my fingers crossed that we are just about finished with the Man Landers story now.  It'll turn out everyone loves how Amy did this all for her veteran brother, the sales will go through the roof, the publisher will be happy, and we can put this story to bed and forget about it. 

3 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

I've got my fingers crossed that we are just about finished with the Man Landers story now.  It'll turn out everyone loves how Amy did this all for her veteran brother, the sales will go through the roof, the publisher will be happy, and we can put this story to bed and forget about it. 

From your lips to God's ears...

• Love 7

The writing for Maxie is circa pillow baby with her being such a nasty piece of work.  She was positively miserable to everyone today.

Also, why does Olivia decorate like she works in a pre-school?

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I don't think I missed it, but there was no mention of where the heck Dillon is, correct?  Are they seriously going with a "Bobby Martin goes to get his skis" exit for a Q, when he has a GF on canvas and isn't being forced out by a lawsuit?  What the actual hell?

It's seriously bizarre. They couldn't write one short break-up scene?

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Relatedly, are we now going to have to sit around and wait for Nelle to be exposed for selling the Man Landers story?  Why can't she just leave town already! 

4 hours ago, Perkie said:

LIne of the day:

Jason:  You can always come to the Corinthos for Thanksgiving

Monica:  I'd rather stick cocktail forks in my eyeballs

Thank you to good writer for letting that one through.  

Omg, isn't that what Amber T.'s Emily said to SB's Carly when AJ and Carly were engaged to  be married and planned for the whole family to be there for their wedding?

I would love to see Amber as Emily take on LW's Carly. Carly wouldn't know what hit her, lol.