Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

The previews make me SNORT. If Carly blames Robin for not knowing that NuJason was a fraud, I WILL HAVE TEARS. I'm nostalgic and I need this.

And what of the SheBeast herself for not "KNOWING" he wasn't "HER" Jason? Insufferable, judgmental, territorial, insecure, soul destroying creature.

3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

2 small scenes of Carly already peeing on OGJason's leg and I'm over it already. 

I can't wait for Robin to come back for the obligatory scenes of Carly screaming at her for returning the "wrong" Jason. 

See my response above.

Just as I'm sure Robin won't defend herself against the Harpy, neither will the show reveal how moobster murdered AJ, an unarmed man, in cold blood, to Jason. Then again, I can't quite recall if those two were on good terms when AJ "died" that first time. He'll probably shrug it off and find a way to blame AJ getting himself moirdered, because that's how this show rolls.  As if Burton would return to play anyone other than that borg, who only ever shows any emotion when he's with Robin. Burton literally lights up whenever he's in scenes with Kimberly and ups his game.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

It is odd.  I think they probably didn't mention him because, you know, Jonathan Jackson's not stopping by anytime soon and the show has no interest in recasting.  But you would think, given all the breast beating Laura has been doing about her dead son, she'd want to be closer with her living son, certainly on her wedding day.

Kevin's dad Victor (who I totally just realized was also Chancellor Arnold on "Beverly Hills, 90210") and Christina are both "Port Charles" creations so, while it shouldn't preclude them from appearing, it probably will.  But yeah, Serena, this would be a perfect excuse for a visit, with her there to support Kevin and Laura, but also recognizing that this might not be the happiest news for Lucy or even Scotty.  And Mac should really be there as the best man.  If Spencer stands up for Kevin in his place, I seriously might punch my TV.

I just hate this narrative that seems to be developing that Kevin had nothing and nobody before Laura.  It's not true.

Mac! Yes, I almost forgot about Mac. Which brings me to another point - how do Felicia and Laura get along these days? Considering the men in their lives are (off-screen) BFF's, they should want to at least be civil with each other.

9 hours ago, blondiek237 said:

I will laugh and laugh if Sonny and Carly trip over themselves saying--"we knew there was something off about BMJason" only to have SBJason turn out to be the imposter.

They won't care. They'll just say well this one is more like Jason so he's the real one, just like AJ was fat so it was okay to kill him.

• Love 2

WTF. Carly taking responsibility for her actions? Dammit, woman! And she didn't roll her eyes and go all "That frigid bitch Robin!" when Jason was talking about gaining two people he loved in Robin and Jake? Are we sure she's not an imposter?????? I miss Petty Carly. LW did a great job, though. SBu, too. Hate the characters but they played it really, really well.

KeMo's face at the end when she saw OGJason was kinda perfectly played.

ALSO IM GONNA NEED MY JNR SCENE NOW. 

32 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Burton literally lights up whenever he's in scenes with Kimberly and ups his game.

I can't wait to see them reunite, I cannot lie.

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

But isn't he supposed to be all remorseful and ashamed about his SERIAL KILLING?

I dunno, maybe I'm just cranky that he's at the center of this story when he really, really, reeeaaally shouldn't be.

I didn't mind it because it didn't seem like he was actually going to kill Andre, just using his reputation to get Andre to finally come clean about his manipulations..  Among all the other ethical violations, Andre lied to Franco, who was his patient.

Or maybe because Carly and JaSix used up all my ability to rage this episode.  I don't see Franco being at the centre of the story so much as I see him as a welcome relief from all the Carly/Sonny/Michael/Dante/Sam "I KNEW HE WASN'T THE REAL JASON" scenes

• Love 2

Please someone get rid of Amy and her unseen brother (who will probably be the next new character that I will not care about).  I don't find her charming or quirky or interesting...just annoying.  Ugh.

Other than that, I AM sort of intrigued to find out who the REAL Jason is.  Although I don't like original Jason or any of his sycophants, the story itself is keeping me interested.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Agreeing with ByANose on the weird tension, and on MB and LW obviously preferring Steve Burton.  It's as night and day as Geary suddenly lighting up when Jonathan Jackson returned as Lucky, after he had given nothing to Jacob Young and (especially) Greg Vaughn for about ten years, and had acted as though Luke could not stand to be in the same room with the character.   

I agree that they like working with Steve better, but I wouldn't say they acted like TG with GV in their scenes together. 

• Love 1

Man, this whole SBJason, BMJason and Sam story has pulled me way back into GH. I've been a big Jasam fan since the beginning, but I really hope Sam picks BMJason, even if he's Drew. He treats her how SBJason always said he was going to treat Sam, but never actually did. He means it when he tells her that she is everything to him and that he won't leave her side. He's all about Sam and their family, and I really hope this leads to some growth for her outside of the Jasam pairing. I feel like them having Sam with mob Jason for so long just prevented growth from ever happening with her character. SBJason was never gonna let actual change happen to Jason, which meant they couldn't have her change without most likely pulling her from the pairing. Then they got BMJason, who seems a lot more flexible with the way his character goes. Dude clearly doesn't want to do the same thing for years on end, and that's SB's dream. 

Basically, please let this Sam fan get some actual growth and change for freaking once!!!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Darklazr said:

I hate LW's version of Carly.  Ugh. 

+1.

2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Mac! Yes, I almost forgot about Mac. Which brings me to another point - how do Felicia and Laura get along these days? Considering the men in their lives are (off-screen) BFF's, they should want to at least be civil with each other.

I had no idea Mac and Kevin were bffs lol.

I didn't watch today because I was busy and Days is better for me right now so I just watched it. Doesn't sound like I missed anything that would interest me.

Edited by peachmangosteen
3 hours ago, Darklazr said:

I hate LW's version of Carly.  Ugh.  Carly looked she was about to eat Jason from head to toe.  Blech.

I hate Carly's worship of either Jason and how she is always claiming that Jason was her best friend. She has a husband who is supposed to be her best friend. All this crying and carrying on is simply bizarre. Carly is always inflating the interaction that she and Jason have had. Her husband and her ex-husband, who I believe have both given her children, are somehow treated as second bananas to Jason. She always uses that "best friend" jargon to throw herself on muscular Jason and grind her body into his with simulated sex. No married woman should be throwing her body at a man as Carly does or did with both Jasons.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, AuxArx said:

Other than that, I AM sort of intrigued to find out who the REAL Jason is.  Although I don't like original Jason or any of his sycophants, the story itself is keeping me interested.

Andre said that he took the memories of one twin and put them into the other twin, erasing the original memories.  He has no way to replace those memories so both men think they're Jason.

Logically that would mean that SBJason is the real Jason.  Otherwise they would both have Andrew's memories.

42 minutes ago, NetflixandChill said:

Man, this whole SBJason, BMJason and Sam story has pulled me way back into GH. I've been a big Jasam fan since the beginning, but I really hope Sam picks BMJason, even if he's Drew.

I hope so too.

But realistically, it's going to mean less screentime for KM.  On this show, women only get screen time if they're hanging on to Sonny's or Jason's leather jacket tails.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

How would you? This show is horrible at acknowledging long-standing friendships unless you are CarSon/SBu Jason and sometimes Maxie/Lulu 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Andre said that he took the memories of one twin and put them into the other twin, erasing the original memories.  He has no way to replace those memories so both men think they're Jason.

Logically that would mean that SBJason is the real Jason.  Otherwise they would both have Andrew's memories.

Not necessarily.  If both men have only Jason Morgan memories, and because they're identical, both men had Steve's face (Billy got Jake Doe's face after the accident), Billy could still be the real Jason.  

• Love 6

If BM is the real Jason, then it's only half an experiment.  They put his memories into SBu and then kept him drugged senseless for years.

What makes more sense is to put A's memories into B and release him into A's old environment to see how he fares, keeping A drugged and senseless so that he doesn't escape and give the game away

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

What makes more sense is to put A's memories into B and release him into A's old environment to see how he fares, keeping A drugged and senseless so that he doesn't escape and give the game away

I haven't seen today's ep yet so maybe this was covered, but neither Jason were released voluntarily. Both Patient 6 and Billy's Jason escaped from where they were being held.

• Love 3
On 10/31/2017 at 3:15 PM, statsgirl said:

Killing people without being bothered by it is not Zen-like, it's psychopathic.  So is lying to a baby's father that he is the father and then getting angry at a person you said you loved when she tells the truth. That's morality stripped away.

Obviously that's true IRL. I'm discussing what he is supposed to be like from the point of view of the people who love him. It's canon that he always has a soothing effect and makes people feel better. And certainly he's had very caring scenes with his love interests, Carly, Sonny, Jake, etc. 

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

They sure are!  Mac was the best man at Kevin's wedding to Lucy on "Port Charles", although I think various soapy circumstances always prevented Kevin from filling the same role at Mac's various weddings to Felicia.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I haven't seen today's ep yet so maybe this was covered, but neither Jason were released voluntarily. Both Patient 6 and Billy's Jason escaped from where they were being held.

Then there's still a chance for BM to be the real Jason.  (This is such bad writing. Were they planning on keeping SixJason drugged forever?  That's expensive.)

42 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

And certainly he's had very caring scenes with his love interests, Carly, Sonny, Jake, etc. 

LOL

• Love 1

I've decided that the client behind all of this twin research (they're hinting Helena just used the situation, rather than created it) is really Kevin Collins evil twin Ryan. I'm sure Ryan is supposed to be dead, but that means nothing on GH. 

1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I hate Carly's worship of either Jason and how she is always claiming that Jason was her best friend. She has a husband who is supposed to be her best friend. All this crying and carrying on is simply bizarre. Carly is always inflating the interaction that she and Jason have had. Her husband and her ex-husband, who I believe have both given her children, are somehow treated as second bananas to Jason. She always uses that "best friend" jargon to throw herself on muscular Jason and grind her body into his with simulated sex. No married woman should be throwing her body at a man as Carly does or did with both Jasons.

What she really means whenever making it clear to someone that she is Jason's best friend, is that she had to settle for best friend way back when, because he wouldn't love her and be with her the way she wanted. S&C started because  SBCarly was jealous at seeing Jason dancing with Liz, she went to Sonny for answers, he taunted her and they ended up in bed.  Carly understood that Jason realized she slept with Sonny to get revenge on Jason, and that Jason wasn't ever going to want her sexually again, so she decided to stay with Sonny after her miscarriage.  Jason was the "one who got away," so yes she absolutely values him above Sonny and Jax.  Jax is the one who was way too good for her, and she basically knows that.  She's addicted to the toxicity of her relationship with Sonny, and feeling important in Jason's life. 

• Love 4

A husband doesn’t have to be his wife’s best friend. For whatever reason, the men in Carly’s life have (mostly) accepted that they have to accept Jason. I’d argue that expecting a spouse to be everything you need is how trouble can start.

The three different Carlys were recasts, so it’s not the same as the Two Jasons. We weren’t supposed to think TB, JBran, or LW were anyone but Carly.

I haven’t seen today’s ep yet, but the explanation for Jason and Drew sounds galactically stupid, so TFGH.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The three different Carlys were recasts, so it’s not the same as the Two Jasons. We weren’t supposed to think TB, JBran, or LW were anyone but Carly.

Lol, I was joking.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Are you Maurice Benard's dad? ;)

(Maurice's dad watched some episode a while ago where Carly was kissing BM's Jason on the forehead and he called MB and said something like, "would you let your wife kiss another man like that?)

• Love 3

I knew this story of two Jason's was gonna be stupid because these writers freaking suck but this is beyond stupid. Like they completely side stepped any conflicting emotions the characters might have felt about this new development by making Sonny, Carly, and Michael accept Patient 6 as Jason immediately. Seriously, what is left of this story anymore. Only Sam feeling conflicted...that is love triangle and not a story that effects everyone. Just stupid. 

• Love 5

I think Carly will feel more conflicted. Right now she's just overwhelmed that Jason is back. In a couple of days she might be like "oh I feel kinda bad about that guy I forced into being Jason."

Sonny, nah, lol.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

I think Carly will feel more conflicted. Right now she's just overwhelmed that Jason is back. In a couple of days she might be like "oh I feel kinda bad about that guy I forced into being Jason."

Sonny, nah, lol.

She already does feel bad. No one is acting like NuJason is evil or diabolical. Eventually, they're just gonna want to know what happened and who he is. The story, to me, was never going to be this lengthy battle over who is the real one. It's the aftermath of the discovery that will be the focus. 

• Love 1

I love this whole twin storyline except for the Franco angle, which like all things involving Franco is unnecessary and unwanted, so I'm completely annoyed that Andre left the answer to Which Jason Is The Real Jason? in Franco's hands. You know Franco is going to lie about it for months, although if that leads to Jason finally killing him, then I will allow it.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 14

BM was miscast as Jason Morgan, but it is shitty as hell for the writers to take the cheap route and have Sam, Sonny, Carly, Michael et al suddenly realize this fact after SBu returns to the show.   Why not have CarSon, Sam, Michael et al continue believing that BM is really Jason, until SBu's version jumped out of the skylight?!  It would have been a far better story and not asking fans to twist themselves into pretzels to believe their latest retcon story.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

I love this whole twin storyline except for the Franco angle, which like all things involving Franco is unnecessary and unwanted, so I'm completely annoyed that Andre left the answer to Which Jason Is The Real Jason? in Franco's hands. You know Franco is going to lie about it for months, although if that leads to Jason finally killing him, then I will allow it.

LMAOOOO. The direction this post went to is A+.

• Love 6

I thought the Jason and Carly scene today had all the feelings that we should have seen back when BMJason was revealed to be Jason. As it was with Sonny and SBJason. 

Now the story about Andre and using a computer to download Jason's memories into Drew's head are silly but this is the same show that had the Cassadines trying to freeze the world.

• Love 4

What the ever living hell was Carly wearing?  It was distracting looking at the nylon-like "runs" and holes in her top.  I couldn't focus on the drivel she was speaking because her clothes and poorly done (overdone) highlights were so distracting. 

Oh, and where did Sonny go?  World's longest bathroom break?  Taking a nap?

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 3

Carly's top was really ugly.

2 hours ago, nilyank said:

Now the story about Andre and using a computer to download Jason's memories into Drew's head are silly but this is the same show that had the Cassadines trying to freeze the world.

The Ice Princess story was bananas, but it had a solid internal logic that this story deeply lacks. 

• Love 3

I can't understand why the WSB or anyone would download Jason's memories into another person. Unless Drew was recruited to the WSB and volunteered to do this to take down Sonny. And ended up in cryo because of the super dangerous brain download complications. Then, when Jason "died", and the Cassadines realized Robin could basically cure death -Victor, as head of the WSB, decided to take the opportunity to try to defrost his Jasus, for reasons.  If BM!Jason is Drew, that would explain him "recognizing" Robin, his skill-set, the WSB's involvement and the Cassadine's involvement. If JaSix is Drew, same thing.

I mean, in GH-World Sonny is a legit threat and a dangerous, influential mobster who deals in weapons and has run unchecked for several decades. This might've seemed like a worthwhile risk to stop him.

I'd more easily believe that than believe that Helena cared enough to initiate a decades long plan with Jason Morgan at its center.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4

She always uses that "best friend" jargon to throw herself on muscular Jason and grind her body into his with simulated sex.

I actually agree with P3pp3rb1rd in that Carly's "best friend" talk about Jason always has read as sublimation. If they really were good friends and it was coming off "chaste," like Anna/Mac, Elizabeth/Patrick, Sonny/Robin, Lucky/Emily, or so many other platonic pairs, that would be one thing. But here, Jason made clear a hundred times, in word and deed, that he wasn't going to be sleeping with Carly, even if neither of them had anything else going on, so she found another way to keep him close. There is a ravenous hunger for him that is beyond friendship.   

She always has treated him like the most important man in her life. Carly has been played by four women of greater and lesser skill, but that's been a through-line. Especially with Sarah Brown and Laura Wright. When Jason made his brief 2001 return, it was as though the SB Carly were getting a life-sustaining transfusion. Jason, Jason, Jason; right in the midst of the supposed Sonny/Carly love story, it was all she talked about. And who could forget the Laura Wright Carly on the docks, telling Jason she always had dreamed of having a kid with him, and later the gut-punch recognition that Elizabeth's "Jacob Martin" was the son of "Jason Morgan." Wright played that with absolute, glassy-eyed, "worst moment of my life" devastation. Carly has handled it more in stride when her actual husbands have strayed on her.  

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

She always has treated him like the most important man in her life

Because that's who he is/was to her. Carly "got rid of Robin" (as she loved to claim) and thought she would finally win Jason romantically, but then she ultimately fucked up her chances by literally fucking Sonny, among other things, after getting jealous over yet another woman. After that, whatever "chance" Jarly had was over. But the character of Jason will forever be the man that Carly wanted to love her as more than a friend. It's a tragic unrequited love, if you ask me. Because on a soap opera, you'd think they'd eventually pair them together. And you KNOW Guza wanted to. Badly.

• Love 5

It's an interesting choice, although one that happened by default, cause like you say Heatlifer, you know Guza wanted to pair them. Has their ever been anything on another soap like it, where the person with unrequited love isn't crazy and or evil? (I'm talking Heather levels, not Carly level).

• Love 3
13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

But that's essentially what happened.  Since Jason and Drew are identical, they both have Steve's face (and lets pretend that they both are played by Steve to make it easier to visualize).  Andre extracts Jason's memories and puts them into Drew's brain.  He doesn't have time to put Drew's memories into Jason because Robin revives Jason too soon and they escape.  Jason gets run over and his face now looks like Billy.  The minute Robin and Jason escape, Drew is locked up in Russia until he escapes in 2017.  

Obviously SBu wouldn't have returned and not play original Jason, so it's all moot, but I would find it more interesting if the roles were reversed and Billy was original recipe Jason with his memories intact and Steve was Drew wih Jason's memories and feelings.  

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I've decided that the client behind all of this twin research (they're hinting Helena just used the situation, rather than created it) is really Kevin Collins evil twin Ryan. I'm sure Ryan is supposed to be dead, but that means nothing on GH. 

I'm hoping (hope against hope, I know) that it's Alan Quartermaine because I can hold a grudge like none other and am still pissed that they had him killed off so that Liz could go have Jake in a hospital.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I'm hoping (hope against hope, I know) that it's Alan Quartermaine because I can hold a grudge like none other and am still pissed that they had him killed off so that Liz could go have Jake in a hospital.

Wait what?  I was watching when he died and I don't understand the connection between Alan  being dead and Liz having Jake in a hospital?  Liz didn't give birth until weeks after Alan died and I thought it had more to do with Stuart Damons real life back problems?  Genuinely curious on the connection here.

With that being said can't the new crazy "don't look too close at the back from the dead ridiculousness and brain implantation" stuff be blamed on a new villain? She's long dead right? and if she wasn't would be almost dead of old age by now.  

4 minutes ago, MissL said:

With that being said can't the new crazy "don't look too close at the back from the dead ridiculousness and brain implantation" stuff be blamed on a new villain? She's long dead right? and if she wasn't would be almost dead of old age by now.  

Or just steal the Days of Our Lives plot of when Stefano implanted memories of Roman into John Black, to make him think he was Roman, until it was revealed he wasn't Roman with a new face, but...John Black. Which is what this tale of two Jasons sound like. Unless this is Valenti's chance to do his Tale of Two Todds that he was denied when Trevor St. John left?

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, MissL said:

Wait what?  I was watching when he died and I don't understand the connection between Alan  being dead and Liz having Jake in a hospital?  Liz didn't give birth until weeks after Alan died and I thought it had more to do with Stuart Damons real life back problems?  Genuinely curious on the connection here.

Maybe she didn't have him then.  I don't remember.  I remember it was during sweeps when Jerry (Fun One) was holding up everyone in the Metro Court (seriously, why does anyone still go there?) and Alan was having a heart attack and Liz was having complications with her pregnancy. Emily had to pick which one of them to send to the hospital because she was only allowed to select one.  Alan told her to pick Liz so she didn't lose the baby and he died.  

On a related note, I got really pissed off that he died and Robin was shot because Jerry (who we didn't know was Jerry at the time) told everyone to tell him their names in a fun way and that if they made it rhyme (such as Fun One - his example) he would go easier on them.  Sam called herself Sweet Sam.  I don't remember many others but I remember that Robin went with Jobbin' Robin and Alan went with Howlin' Alan and they were the only two who had a problem (alan had a heart attack and Robin was shot) other other Liz who got to go to the hospital.  TFGH.  Oh, and Sonny didn't get shot when he defiantly looked at Jerry and said he name "Michael. Corinthos. Junior."  Right.  Like any assailant wouldn't shoot Sonny on the spot for challenging his authority.

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • Love 5

SCHLUB THEORY CONFIRMED!! *squeee*

The next step is for confirmation that Franco is a schlub and Jake is a mini-schlub. And, there is a theory floating around that, not Valentin, but

Spoiler

Cesar Faison is the Big Fucking Bad behind all this, due to Kelly Thiebaud reporting that she's back on the GH set.

• Love 1