Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Carly’s not wrong to want to meet Oscar’s mother, but she’s going about it so clumsily. Get her name, call her up and introduce yourself, and set up a meeting. It’s not hard.

yeah. She can invite Kim to lunch at the MetroCourt. Doesn't need to get a raised eyebrow for inviting her to chez Sonny, aka Mobsterville, Carly's other home. Wouldn't Oscar's mom be in for a shock if she knew her boy was hanging out in Mobsterville with Joss and actual mob boss Sonny Corinthos? Yet Carly is the one who feels she needs to meet and check out Oscar's mom.

• Love 3
  • That Cassandra woman is so bold and entitled. I would like to see her and Carly in a catfight tugging the roots of each other's hair.
  • So is the handwriting on the wall that Finn and Anna are going to end up as lovers eventually,  since rumors are already flying that they ARE lovers?
  • I predict another teenage rebellion/power struggle when Carly finds that charge that Joss made about Oscar's dad on Carly's credit card.
  • So, so tired of lies and overly dramatic background as told by Franco's adoptive mom. And LONG gray hair isn't a good look on anyone.
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Yet Carly is the one who feels she needs to meet and check out Oscar's mom.

It's Carly.  She feels like she's failing unless she's interfering in someone's life.

I liked Cassandra being the puppet master to Valentin.  I couldn't understand a word of what JPS said in French -- he really need to stop mumbling.

I was really annoyed at Nina today.  She admits that Maxie was the one who taught her her all about publishing when she didn't know a thing but she can't give Maxie as job because she "betrayed" her.   Nina and Valentin are both really entitled people, but then not nearly as much as Carly and Sonny.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought it’s Oscar’s dad who’s supposed to be the big reveal. His mom is basically some rando

Yes, but then they started saying tamara Braun was coming back as his mother with Dante/Drew/Jason/Sonny/Franco as the father.  than there was a whole boatload of talk that Brenda was coming back and that Oscar was  a renamed Alec (Balkan grandson).  They've made such a huge deal of Oscar not wanting Carly to meet her that there's expectation that she'll be someone too and not some random.  Though with this show, that could be a redirect and she has nothing to do with the story.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I couldn't understand a word of what JPS said in French -- he really need to stop mumbling.

He said he was refusing Cassandra’s offer, and she replied she knew him. Zzzz. Whatever they had/will have going on already bores me. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:
  • That Cassandra woman is so bold and entitled. I would like to see her and Carly in a catfight tugging the roots of each other's hair.
  • So is the handwriting on the wall that Finn and Anna are going to end up as lovers eventually,  since rumors are already flying that they ARE lovers?
  • I predict another teenage rebellion/power struggle when Carly finds that charge that Joss made about Oscar's dad on Carly's credit card.
  • So, so tired of lies and overly dramatic background as told by Franco's adoptive mom. And LONG gray hair isn't a good look on anyone.

I wonder if it's Jessica Tuck's specialty.  She was this way on One Life to Life, and True Blood.  I grew to like her on OLTL, but it took a few years.

I know everyone loves Joss because she's Jax's, and I know they cheer her on in her behavior towards Carly, but I think she's a bit of an entitled spoiled brat.  I wouldn't mind if she moved to Australia with her perfect father.  Better yet, send her to be straightened out by militant and overbearing Bobbie.

I sort of can't stand the way she calls him "Bobby" - it creeps me out.  It explains much of his personality.  And while I'd rather Franco just be written off the show, at least this new SL that he has a connection to Drew/Jason, ties into the show in a more organic way.   I'm not sure why the show knocks itself out to (attempt to) redeem the character of Franco, yet continue to bait the idea that he's still a sociopath.  Now he almost killed Drew?  I'm going to go with it because I kind of like the chemistry between "Jason/Drew" and "Franco", and it will be interesting to add in OGJason.  Let someone other than Elizabeth have to prop his ass. 

And if Elizabeth doesn't end up with whoever Sam doesn't pick, I'm going to be pissed.  Why they saddle Becky with this ridiculous relationship to sell is beyond me.  I never rooted for Elizabeth/Jason, but I am now.  Let sad sack Sam keep her imitation.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

It's Carly.  She feels like she's failing unless she's interfering in someone's life.

I liked Cassandra being the puppet master to Valentin.  I couldn't understand a word of what JPS said in French -- he really need to stop mumbling.

I was really annoyed at Nina today.  She admits that Maxie was the one who taught her her all about publishing when she didn't know a thing but she can't give Maxie as job because she "betrayed" her.   Nina and Valentin are both really entitled people, but then not nearly as much as Carly and Sonny.

I actually thought Jason 2.0 was going to make Nina hire back Maxie as one of his conditions. Sam & Maxie are sort of friends, right? Maybe, Sam will do it on her own to spite Nina. 

BTW! What happened in the last 5 minutes? The ending was preempted in Philadelphia.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Why is Patient 6/Jason seeing Jake before he sees Danny? Ugh, why is Jake the designated Jason's SON!!!! Plot-Point Child?

Because, as far as he knows, Jake is dead.  There's more dramatic reason for him to see Jake first.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, ByaNose said:

BTW! What happened in the last 5 minutes? The ending was preempted in Philadelphia.

Felicia pops up again. She and offscreen Mac have already processed the news of the fake couple of Anna/Finn enough to be insisting on a dinner with them, so they can get to know Finn better.  

Valentin is reluctant to participate in Cassandra's "operation." He could never live with himself if he distributed something that caused people to die. Cassandra calls him out on hypocrisy, remembers all the killing he did in the past. Standard-issue "villain being taunted by even-worse villain about the impossibility of reforming," elevated by some good snark for Cassandra. (Pretends to be bored to the point of falling asleep when he talks about love for his daughter.) 

Joss/Oscar are going out to the library. Carly pesters some more about meeting Oscar's mother. Sonny does the "genial but menacing stepfather; you better keep it G-rated with our little girl" thing. Again.  

Nina and "Drew" (Billy Miller) unexpectedly hit it off as business associates.  

Betsy reveals that Franco pushed Drew (ultimately to be played by Billy Miller) down stairs, critically injuring him. What's with all the falling down stairs on this show? I thought that was Guza's fixation.  

Ava thanks Sonny for agreeing to meet her. He tells her he knows this is something about Avery, because that's the only reason she would be there, and whatever it is, the answer is no, so she can get out now. She taunts him that she knows something he doesn't know.  

Jason leaves a note for Ava (thanking her for her hospitality?), loads up two guns, and heads out for a wild night on the town.  

Tomorrow: Lulu tells Laura to stop hemming and hawing and just pull the trigger on her old-people's C-story marriage to Kevin, so they can get in the background where they belong. Kevin says he's a psychiatrist and knows Griffin is not a man at peace, and Griffin swallows hard and makes that face like he just got a whuppin'.  Franco demands that Sitting Bull tell him where Drew went. Drew (Billy Miller) puts the screws to Elizabeth to spill her sekrit.  Sonny asks Ava who gave her the note she delivered. Jake carries a pumpkin and is stalked by Jason, like Tommy Doyle in the first Halloween movie. 

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Quick question:  Does anyone here use the term lover often?  It was so weird for Meghan (can't remember her GH name) to call Anna Dr. Michael Easton's "lover".  

"You're lover is here" - A phrase I have never said, nor will ever say, in my entire life.

The only other time I heard someone using it not ironically was in Sex and the City when Carrie was telling the girls that she was "thinking of taking a lover". It was weird then and it's still weird now.

16 hours ago, OnceSane said:

I use it as a joke when imitating Will Ferrell and Rachel Dratch during that SNL "Lovah" hot tub sketch.

That sketch is absolutely hilarious. "Our bodies bloated with goat meat..."

16 hours ago, ulkis said:

He's got a lot to catch up on, it's been two days. He didn't check up on Michael or Carly yet either, or check on Robin's kid.

Oh man, I really want to see Jason find out Robin is alive and she has a son now too. This is @HeatLifer's fault!

YES!  The scene where he mourned her death was so great that I'm excited for him to hear that she is still alive.  I bet they never mention it to him and she will appear at the Nurse's Ball and it will be like he never thought she died.

15 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I just want her to kill Nina.

• Love 3

I took so much petty satisfaction in OGJason (as well as new viewers) getting a version of the Billy Miller story that made Carly sound like a bumbling idiot who single-handedly screwed everything up. "Then why did he think he was Jason Morgan?"  "Oh, it was Carly. Carly Corinthos. She found something out and was so sure about it that she stopped his wedding."  

In "reality," of course, Nikolas and other people were in on this custer-fluck before Carly was, but I am enjoying the moment anyway.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Lulu tells Laura to stop hemming and hawing and just pull the trigger on her old-people's C-story marriage to Kevin, so they can get in the background where they belong. 

LOL. Too bad this is entirely too accurate.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Sake614 said:

And why did he pick up a glass from Sonny's bar and smile wistfully like it was a long-lost lover?

I burst out laughing when he did this.  It looked like he was wistfully remembering how many of them Sonny has SonnySMASHED!!  

• Love 4
14 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Why is Patient 6/Jason seeing Jake before he sees Danny? Ugh, why is Jake the designated Jason's SON!!!! Plot-Point Child?

Well he went to Sam's home - how was he to know that Danny seems to live somewhere else?  They were probably setting them up in this order:

1. Sam - Shock!  She has another husband!
  2. Jake - Shock!  He's alive, and lives with a serial killer!
  3. Danny - Shock!  There's still a Danny, and he apparently lives at the Q's!
  4. Scout - Shock!  Sam had a baby with another man!
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I know everyone loves Joss because she's Jax's, and I know they cheer her on in her behavior towards Carly, but I think she's a bit of an entitled spoiled brat.  I wouldn't mind if she moved to Australia with her perfect father. 

Yes, Joss can be a shade bratty but look at the person who raised her.  Carly is the ultimate entitled spoiled brat and and some of this has rubbed off on Joss.  All of Carly's kids have had an entitled brat streak in them.  Michael was ordering hits on Carly's boyfriends when he was in grade school.  What saved him was having Jason around to straighten him out, so Michael became a decent person.  Joss has Jax so I don't worry about her.  Morgan on the other hand had BOTH Carly and Sonny in his DNA.  These two not only passed down their sociopathic DNA, but they encouraged and excused Morgan's behavior and look how he turned out.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

What saved him was having Jason around to straighten him out, so Michael became a decent person. 

Oh, I don't believe this at all. Jason did nothing to shape Michael into a decent person, primarily because Michael really isn't a very decent person. Michael was raised by 3 amoral, vile people and he's only SLIGHTLY less awful than them, so if anything, Jason did exactly what S&C did, which was virtually nothing.

• Love 5

Considering Griffin hasn't been an active priest in the entire time we and the characters have known him, it rings kinda narrative false that him choosing to leave the priesthood is such a big deal.

I guess Cameron and Aiden don't get to pick pumpkins.  YOU HAVE THREE CHILDREN, LIZ!!!

Wow did I not miss Sonny and Ava sparing over Avery.

Poor Kevin.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Considering Griffin hasn't been an active priest in the entire time we and the characters have known him, it rings kinda narrative false that him choosing to leave the priesthood is such a big deal.

He prays more than anyone on this show. Heh. Have we ever seen him in a collar (not in a flashback)? He's been a doctor more than he has a priest.

I wonder if Jean wanted to do more with the priest part but either never got around to it or didn't know how to work it in with the doctor stuff. Or both. Or neither.

6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I guess Cameron and Aiden don't get to pick pumpkins.  YOU HAVE THREE CHILDREN, LIZ!!!

I can't get mad at this anymore because the writing is just so blatantly biased toward Jake. It's crossed into LOL territory for me.

Edited by dubbel zout
1 hour ago, movingtargetgal said:

Yes, Joss can be a shade bratty but look at the person who raised her.  Carly is the ultimate entitled spoiled brat and and some of this has rubbed off on Joss.  All of Carly's kids have had an entitled brat streak in them.  Michael was ordering hits on Carly's boyfriends when he was in grade school.  What saved him was having Jason around to straighten him out, so Michael became a decent person.  Joss has Jax so I don't worry about her.  Morgan on the other hand had BOTH Carly and Sonny in his DNA.  These two not only passed down their sociopathic DNA, but they encouraged and excused Morgan's behavior and look how he turned out.

What saved Michael was the writers doing a 180 with his characterization. He was a jerk way past SORASization.

26 minutes ago, Vella said:

Oh, I don't believe this at all. Jason did nothing to shape Michael into a decent person, primarily because Michael really isn't a very decent person. Michael was raised by 3 amoral, vile people and he's only SLIGHTLY less awful than them, so if anything, Jason did exactly what S&C did, which was virtually nothing.

jinx lol. Although I think Michael is way better than Sonny, Carly, and Jason.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

What saved Michael was the writers doing a 180 with his characterization. He was a jerk way past SORASization.

Yeah, Drew Garrett's Michael was very jerky. It really was CD's recast when the character changed.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Mnemosyne said:

I can't wait until Avery grows up and realizes who YOU really are, Sonny. He's so gross.

That scene was just foul.  Do the writers really think that the audience is going "Yeah, Sonny is so right!  Ava is the worst evah and Avery will figure that out too!"

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I agree with this.  I guess what I was thinking about was post-coma Michael was a stupid spoiled brat and there was a scene where Jason sat him down and called a little bitch and told Michael to knock it off.  The stunned look on Michael's face was a thing of beauty.  Jason was the only parental figure to tell a young Michael to cut the crap.  Jason was very insistent that he did not want Michael anywhere near Sonny's business.  Had Jason not been "killed" he would have helped Michael find a life outside of Sonny's world.  What also helped Michael was AJ coming back into his life. ( Although his return was way too short)  AJ helped bring Michael out of the Sonny/mobster world and into the Quartermaine family and ELQ.  If AJ had not come back, Michael would have become a part of Sonny's business.  Michael will always be torn because he loves Sonny and Carly but he wants a life outside of the mob.  This shift happened because AJ and the Quartermaines entered his life.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, movingtargetgal said:

If AJ had not come back, Michael would have become a part of Sonny's business.

The coffee part, probably, or the restaurant (snerk), but I truly think Sonny wouldn't have let Michael go into the mob side. Sonny was adamant that Morgan wasn't to get involved and really yelled at him when Morgan went behind Sonny's back.

3 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

[Michael] wants a life outside of the mob.  This shift happened because AJ and the Quartermaines entered his life.  

I think enough has happened to MIchael because Sonny is in the mob that he realized (with the CD recast) that it wasn't worth it. Michael has dabbled in mob business, but only because of specific, one-off reasons, not because he has a hankering to be the next don.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

a lot of this retconned story was that Jake was scared of OG Jason and his face. Now he sees OG Jason in the park, doesn't recognize him, and tells Liz he feels safe??

RIGHT????    I was sitting there thinking, WTF writers.  Jake knows what Jason's old face looks like.  Why do these writers have to be so bad.  

22 minutes ago, seasons said:

This scene with Laura and Kevin is the most stupidest ever.

Awww, I thought it was sweet.  Well, I thought Laura thinking he would propose today when she told him no yesterday was kind of stupid.  And I thought the whole getting down on one knee to tie a shoe lace that looked like it was already tied was dumb (and The Office did that joke 100x better).  But Kevin is just such a sweetie, that I loved when he was all, "you think a grand gesture is Carly's skanky hotel?"  Plus Kevin and Griffin having a chat earlier, was so full of yum from both of them.  

Speaking of yum, when Ava opened the door and Griffin was standing there, all casual and hawt.  ROWR!!

• Love 2

Agreed.  Michael is a rescuer/caretaker and it would have been so easy for him to "step up" to take care of family business during a crisis only to find that he can not get himself out.    The mob is not something one can really just dabble in and walk away from.  Michael's downfall would not come from his desire to join the mob but from his need to protect his family.  The last time Sonny was shot Michael talked about leading Sonny's business to help him become legitimate.  That plan would fail and Michael knows but he really wants to save the family from Sonny's world.

• Love 1
On 10/16/2017 at 0:47 AM, Asp Burger said:

General Days, I believe I found her. The character has a name ("Rita"), although I cannot remember anyone using it on the show. I hope we see her again.  

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0819320/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t13

Thank you! It was driving me nuts because I knew I knew her from elsewhere. She was on Switched at Birth, so that answers both my questions.

On 10/16/2017 at 9:59 AM, mostlylurking said:

Can we be done with this Griffin and the priesthood story please??  It's stupid.  He obviously has more than just passing doubts about his chosen profession.  Normally, I hate the sex scenes in soaps because they are always awkward but I have to admit--Griffin and Ava were hot together.  I don't care if she's "evil".  She is no worse than Saint Sonny, and all the children, especially that two faced Kiki, keeping her away from Avery was cruel.  Fuck them.

I so hope Jason comes back and befriends Ava.  And I hope Griffin stops with this priest thing.  I get that this could be a compelling story, but it's been dragging on pretty much since he joined the show.  Enough already.

I really want Ava and OG Jason to shag. Griffin needs to be the spoiler in the Franco/Liz relationship. I don't want Liz with either SBu's Jason or Billy Miller's Drew. I don't give a shit about Liason or JaSam, either. I just want Liz to have a fresh start without any Jason-esque person in her life. I prefer her with Franco to either Jason or NuJake City Drew.

On 10/18/2017 at 4:45 AM, stlbf said:

AND it will be fun to see if Jake is scared of OG!Jason. Wasn't he terrified of Liz's old Jason pictures? Which led us to the joy of Jason/Franco spend the weekend playing rough, on Cassadine Island? And Jake almost blowing up PC? Due to the uber lame chimera crap out? THIS IS WHAT THE CHIMERA CRAP SHOULD'VE BEEN ABOUT! Susan Moore having twins. After Jason's Tru Wuv with Sam, just have Helena have tracked down his twin. Kidnap him, brainwash him into thinking his was Jason, use him to help control Robin and then release him on Sam to shred her heart to pieces. Makes more sense than this crap right now.

Well, it would have been fun, but no.

51 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

The whole point of - a lot of this retconned story was that Jake was scared of OG Jason and his face. Now he sees OG Jason in the park, doesn't recognize him, and tells Liz he feels safe??

How they missed that opportunity is beyond me. It would have upped the tension so much more if Jake had freaked instead of blahing that crap about feeling safe.

• Love 1

So many thoughts.  I didn't realize how much I disliked BMJason until SBJason returned.  It's sounds weird, but BMJason is too...enthusiastic about his dislike of Franco and his feelings for Jake and whatever else he rambles on about.  SBJason may have been emotionless, but I accepted the lack of emotion.

Wtf is up with Betsy assuming Franco pushed Drew down the stairs simply because she saw him standing at the top of the stairs?  Because that was it, right?  Drew was at the bottom, Franco was at the top looking at him.  So that automatically means he shoved him down the stairs?  Because Franco hasn't had enough to get all emotional and self-absorbed with?  The show has managed to "redo" Nina, why can't they "redo" Franco?  He is quite possibly the most self-absorbed character on the show, and as Sonny is on the show that's saying something.

I am so over the whole "is Nelle evil or not" storyline.  Michael gets suspicious and then forgives/ignores everything.  She can turn out to be evil, and I'll be happy.  She can kill him, and I'll be happy. She bugs.  (Also - when the necklace got lost in Morocco or wherever it was, and Valentin found it in a pawn shop so as to "save" Nina, how did he never think to find out where the pawn shop got the necklace? Wouldn't that have been a simple conversation, particularly for someone who is as evil and dangerous and jewel-thief-y as Valentin apparently is?  "Hey, where'd you get this?" Even I can do that, and I'm not particularly evil or dangerous.)

And finally, I really hope Oscar ends up being a Quartermain.  We need more of them.  We have Monica, who married in to the family, Ned, who has changed his name, and Jason/Drew.  What's the point of having a wealthy dynastic family if it has no members?  We don't need any more Corinthoses.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Yeah, Drew Garrett's Michael was very jerky. It really was CD's recast when the character changed.

Even then, he turned into a jerk again. It only really stuck once Ron came.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think enough has happened to MIchael because Sonny is in the mob that he realized (with the CD recast) that it wasn't worth it. Michael has dabbled in mob business, but only because of specific, one-off reasons, not because he has a hankering to be the next don.

I think once Michael realized Sonny really did think he was smart/crafty enough to run it he wouldn't've wanted to do it. His insecurity that Sonny thought he was incompetent was why he wanted to get in the mob I think.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Perkie said:

But Kevin is just such a sweetie, that I loved when he was all, "you think a grand gesture is Carly's skanky hotel?"

And happily for me, this seems to be where that BTS picture of Nicolas Bechtel came from so hopefully Spencer won't be part of the proposal.

I'd also kinda love if, in the end, Laura ends up proposing to Kevin.

#aboycandream

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'd love this. If Laura wants marriage to be her HEA, she should go for it. There's nothing wrong with the woman proposing.

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Wtf is up with Betsy assuming Franco pushed Drew down the stairs simply because she saw him standing at the top of the stairs? 

I'm guessing it wasn't Franco's first offence, just the most dangerous one.  Serial killers tend to be violent children, killing animals and what not before killing people, so I'd have no problem beleiving that child Franco was hurting Drew in small ways before the fall down the stairs.  

28 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Michael gets suspicious and then forgives/ignores everything.

Which is so dumb.  He barely knows this girl, why is he giving her the benefit of the doubt, all the time.  I could see if he'd been dating her for two years and then this stuff comes out but he's been dating her for about 5 months.  I need a reason, (other than stupid Morgan) as to why he's still with her after all of the lies.  

29 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

and Valentin found it in a pawn shop so as to "save" Nina

That was a story he fed her.  The truth, as I understood it, was that he had gone to his jewel thieving buddies and gotten it back from them, hence the fact that he was beaten up when he came back to NIna.  Nina's as stupid as Michael, so she didn't press too much about the story or the fact that he'd had the crap beaten out of him.  

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

So many thoughts.  I didn't realize how much I disliked BMJason until SBJason returned.  It's sounds weird, but BMJason is too...enthusiastic about his dislike of Franco and his feelings for Jake and whatever else he rambles on about.  SBJason may have been emotionless, but I accepted the lack of emotion.

You perfectly articulated what I've been thinking for a few weeks and couldn't find he words to explain.  I was not sorry to see Steve leave GH when he did but boy! am I glad he's back.  Go figure.  BMJ is too 'enthusiastic', as you said, and even though SBJ's stoicism drove me nuts back then, I "accept" that's the way Jason is.  I just hope they don't drag out Jason's reveal too much longer; it's kind of making me crazy waiting to see everyone's reactions. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

#aboycandream

I would love that, too. Which means it won't happen. But I would love for Laura to take the step to do the big romantic gesture for once.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Wtf is up with Betsy assuming Franco pushed Drew down the stairs simply because she saw him standing at the top of the stairs?  Because that was it, right?  Drew was at the bottom, Franco was at the top looking at him.  So that automatically means he shoved him down the stairs?  Because Franco hasn't had enough to get all emotional and self-absorbed with?  The show has managed to "redo" Nina, why can't they "redo" Franco?  He is quite possibly the most self-absorbed character on the show, and as Sonny is on the show that's saying something.

I am so over the whole "is Nelle evil or not" storyline.  Michael gets suspicious and then forgives/ignores everything.  She can turn out to be evil, and I'll be happy.  She can kill him, and I'll be happy. She bugs.  (Also - when the necklace got lost in Morocco or wherever it was, and Valentin found it in a pawn shop so as to "save" Nina, how did he never think to find out where the pawn shop got the necklace? Wouldn't that have been a simple conversation, particularly for someone who is as evil and dangerous and jewel-thief-y as Valentin apparently is?  "Hey, where'd you get this?" Even I can do that, and I'm not particularly evil or dangerous.)

And finally, I really hope Oscar ends up being a Quartermain.  We need more of them.  We have Monica, who married in to the family, Ned, who has changed his name, and Jason/Drew.  What's the point of having a wealthy dynastic family if it has no members?  We don't need any more Corinthoses.

Is Dillon no longer on the show?

Re:  Franco - The thought that an unstable woman misinterpreted Andrew's accident is fascinating.  Treat a child like a psychopath and they can become one?  Way too complex for this show.  It kind of brings to mind a movie I love - Frailty.  Two boys are raised by their father who suddenly starts bringing strangers home, and then killing them because they're "demons" (he can determine this by a gift from God).   The father soon includes both boys in his actions, but the boys are affected differently.  In the end, we learn the father was correctly killing demons, and one of his sons has the same gift.  The other son simply grew up to be a serial killer.  The similarity is very thin, but the boy who never believed in the demons, is the one who went on to kill real humans.  He went from being outraged that people were being killed, to actually killing them himself.  Betsy comes off as a nut bag, and her friendship with Heather proves that more.  Children can be damaged by their damaged parents. 

Anyway, GH could never do this an ounce of justice.  So we're having another retread of - Franco is still a psychopath after all!!  Unless this is a pathway to Franco leaving the show (not gonna happen), I'm not interested.

• Love 3

I want them to redeem Franco once and for all or get rid of him (kill him off, send him to prison, have him leave town to develop a new relish recipe). I never watched OLTL, but like Roger. I think he has good chemistry with both Becky and Michelle (although Franco and Nina were a bit too much loopy in one pairing). 

I know soaps like to "shock" the audience, but at this point, nothing would be more shocking than for Liz and Franco to tell the whole truth to Sam and Billy Miller, unless they also did it within earshot of a lurking Steve Burton. 

Edited by General Days
  • Love 3

I was not sorry to see Steve leave GH when he did but boy! am I glad he's back.  Go figure.  BMJ is too 'enthusiastic', as you said, and even though SBJ's stoicism drove me nuts back then, I "accept" that's the way Jason is.  I just hope they don't drag out Jason's reveal too much longer; it's kind of making me crazy waiting to see everyone's reactions. 

Ladyrain and Pingaponga, YES! I was so ready for Jason to go when Steve Burton left the show, but damn I am INTO his return! I've been watching GH since Luke and Laura, and at the end of the day, Steve is (relatively) old-school General Hospital, and I much prefer his interpretation of Jason to Billy Miller's. He's not 'roided out and he's not bored out of his mind, so I think his stoicism and expressive eyes are really working for me. Plus, him stalking around in the shadows is reminding me of when Frisco returned (sans beard, thank goodness)! 

What I would love is AVA as Jason's new troubled blonde (platonic) best friend . . . could you imagine the GLORY of Carly's head popping right off?!?

Also--did anyone else think they were trying to play up Ava and Sonny's hate-to-love chemistry today? And wouldn't it be ironic if Jason is the one to get baby Avery away from the oppressive Corinthos family and return her to Ava?

Edited by lizzbert
  • Love 6