Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Sonny got full custody while Ava was in the hospital. He handed her the papers with glee while promising she'd never see Avery again. when he told Kiki, she brought Avery to the hospital.

7 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Sonny got full custody while Ava was in the hospital. He handed her the papers with glee while promising she'd never see Avery again. when he told Kiki, she brought Avery to the hospital.

OK so here is one instance when the Keeks brain and heart were working. Since the girl knows what Sonny's unfair attitude is, why hasn't she helped intercede or fight for Ava's side in the custody struggle? If she facilitated Ava and Avery meetings, their bond would grow and perhaps with it Ava's chance to have a more equitable custody arrangement.

How can Kiki be so supportive and sympathetic to a serial-killer like Freako, and yet in general be so inept and unconcerned about the bond between Ava and Avery?

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1

Because everyone on this show has to kiss Sonny's ring.  Or another part of him.

A half decent lawyer could have made a great case for Sonny only getting supervised access to Avery -- Kristina was kidnapped as a child, Michael was in a coma for years and later raped in prison because of Sonny's mob affiliations, and Sonny bullied a woman barely hanging on to life in a hospital to get custody of Avery after he'd prevented her from being with her child.  On any other show or in real life it should have been a slam dunk  But on TFGH, they should rename it to Sonny Always Wins.

It really weakens the show.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

And yes Kiki should not have any financial problems. She certainly shouldn't have to borrow or depend on someone of Franco's ilk. Ava, Kiki's mama, lives in a penthouse and has plenty of dough. You know she'd be proud to put the Keeks through years of college, medical school, internship, and residency--however far the kiddo would get before her brain explodes.

KiKi was Silas' only child.  At the time of his death he was a wealthy doctor and when he was murdered, KiKi was his only heir.  The will must have gone through probate so KiKi should not be having any financial problems.

2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Mac had to do the heavy lifting with Robin. He handled the grieving child who lost her parents, all of the rebellious teenager nonsense, Stone's death and Robin's HIV diagnosis. Mac dealt with all of the hard, crappy stuff and he did it with a shit-ton of grace. I'm not saying that Robert wouldn't have done just as well, but he wasn't there, and Mac was, and Mac didn't have to be. It was absolutely not his job. He made a hard choice and kept making it. He wasn't just a good uncle, he was the most consistent, reliable parental presence in her life and I don't think he gets recognized nearly enough for that.

I have said it before and I will say it again...Mac Scorpio is the best dad ever. Every time he calls Robin, Maxie, Georgie and Emma "My Girls", it warms my heart.  

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 4

Anna seemed to be amused that Emma saw herself as in a relationship or seeing someone. Maybe it's because she is a grandparent rather than a parent with Emma, but Anna seemed too casual about the ramifications. I wish she had explained gently to Emma how precious childhood is, and how she should enjoy it as a natural stage. It bothers me to see girls willing to start circling around a male peer as a satellite. Emma should have been savvy enough to keep the boundary up with Spenser and not accept the "diamond". If she accepts gifts like that, the boy is going to assume he has a hold on her or an ownership of her time and affections. Emma is not too young to be taught that wisdom.

• Love 3
On 8/18/2017 at 1:18 PM, ulkis said:

Why is Emma still talking about this dumb triangle? She's not of the age anymore where it's like awwww how cute/funny. Either SORAS her or don't use her. Brook Lynn Silzer is a cute girl but it wouldn't be a big mistake to recast.

I think the only way I'll like Emma is when she's aged and written like a real flawed character. I think the actress is super sweet, but Ron did too much damage for me to ever not see her as a symbol of the time I absolutely HATED GH.

2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I think the only way I'll like Emma is when she's aged and written like a real flawed character. I think the actress is super sweet, but Ron did too much damage for me to ever not see her as a symbol of the time I absolutely HATED GH.

Aww, I like Brook Lynn's Emma. Or, I did when I still watched. I refuse to allow Frank's (and Ron's) idiocy to ruin her for me. I do think the show is letting Brook Lynn age as Emma naturally on the show as it did with Kimberly/Robin years ago.

• Love 3

I said a long time ago that Emma needs to be the sixth Mrs. Sonny Corinthos as Robin's karma for defending him. It needs to be put out there in the universe so it can come to pass, like Soily.

I said a long time ago that Emma needs to be the sixth Mrs. Sonny Corinthos as Robin's karma for defending him. It needs to be put out there in the universe so it can come to pass, like Soily.

• Love 2

how can emma be going out with anyone? shes 11. where do 11 year olds go out on a date?

did kiki finish college? she looks good with the shorter hair.

liz isan artist why isnt she painting. she should have her work at avas gallery. her and franco are creepy together. he is too possevive of her.

when nina and valentin were talking i was thinking how good those cakes and fruit looked.

how can emma be going out with anyone? shes 11. where do 11 year olds go out on a date?

did kiki finish college? she looks good with the shorter hair.

liz isan artist why isnt she painting. she should have her work at avas gallery. her and franco are creepy together. he is too possevive of her.

when nina and valentin were talking i was thinking how good those cakes and fruit looked.

1 hour ago, Greta said:

Robin's karma for defending him.

Robin will pay when Carly, Jason, Sam, and 90% of the other characters do.

26 minutes ago, In2You said:

I don't think this girl who plays Emma can act. Her line readings make me cringe. For that alone I'll take a recast tho I hate teens on soaps.

She can't act at all. She was always very wooden minus two or three scenes.

14 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Aww, I like Brook Lynn's Emma. Or, I did when I still watched. I refuse to allow Frank's (and Ron's) idiocy to ruin her for me.

Unfortunately, we only ever got to know Emma through Frank/Ron's eyes. That's who BL's Emma is. I'd like to see a version of her outside of Frank and these current writers.

• Love 3

please tell me GH is pre-empted by the eclipse and not some Trump thing.

anyways...glad to see KSt has gained some weight, she looks great, hair cut aside.

Ok off to do some eclipse watching here in the Toronto area

56 minutes ago, Blackie said:

please tell me GH is pre-empted by the eclipse

Today's episode: Port Charles is plunged into darkness when the moon eclipses the sun. Jason figures out it's because a Jerome ancestor stepped on a butterfly, confirmed after seeing Ava in the park with Griffin and Julian near the observatory with guest star Neil deGrasse Tyson. By the end of the episode, Sonny is able to restore the sun to totality.

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 3:09 PM, Linny said:

Maxie being hell-bent on unmasking AssMan Landers

Fixed that for you.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:
1 hour ago, Blackie said:

please tell me GH is pre-empted by the eclipse

Today's episode: Port Charles is plunged into darkness when the moon eclipses the sun. Jason figures out it's because a Jerome ancestor stepped on a butterfly, confirmed after seeing Ava in the park with Griffin and Julian near the observatory with guest star Neil deGrasse Tyson. By the end of the episode, Sonny is able to restore the sun to totality.

Meanwhile, Sonny is convinced it's because AJ was fat, and his ascent into heaven is blocking the sun. He restores the sun to totality by shoving AJ out of the way.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Meanwhile, Sonny is convinced it's because AJ was fat, and his ascent into heaven is blocking the sun. He restores the sun to totality by shoving AJ out of the way.

…and into the path of a comet.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

Named after an itty bitty town she drove through on the West Coast.

Looked up the etymology of Otis. Supposed to mean "wealthy" and is a derivative of "Otto" (which is worse IMO).

On 8/17/2017 at 3:20 PM, dubbel zout said:

I also loved Mac shaking his fist at Emma and calling her a traitor for putting the kibosh on naming the baby Mac. That was adorable. 

She is a traitor. Her acting like Sabrina was the best thing *ever* not long after her Mommy "died" was gross.  Also, I just don't think allowing a young child to have input into a sibling's name is cute.  I'm sure the writers thought they were super cute to have Danny Morgan start calling the baby "Scout" while Sam was pregnant, and then for JaSam to really call the baby Scout but say, well it's actually her middle name. Not. Cute. 

That baby should have Malcolm/Mac as either a first or middle name, since Mac has been Robin's true parent in the last 20 years or so - not to mention the major role he has played in Robin and Patrick's relationship.   We know Robert has been absent from Robin's life for most of the past 20 years (mostly just stints here and there to play hero), and Noah neglected fatherhood after Patrick's mother died. IIRC, he only started to have a better relationship with Patrick after Patrick met Robin. 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

Freako decides to paint "Port Charles en Totality" during the full eclipse. He swipes black paint across a canvas, completely covering it. Ava enthuses and exhibits the plain black canvas in her gallery, where a rapper buys it for millions and hangs it in his dog's house. Freako's fame grows in world-wide art circles while Liez strips and welcomes him to her bed.

[sarcasm!]

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
7 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Looked up the etymology of Otis. Supposed to mean "wealthy" and is a derivative of "Otto" (which is worse IMO).

Kimberly should have named her baby "Mac" since her GH son wasn't given that name.

• Love 1

why did they fire hayden and keep Curtis's nosy aunt?

alexis said kristina almost grew up without a father it doesnt make sense.Kristina is a grown up. And it's not the first time sonny has been injured. 

is there no other woman for kristina?

• Love 2

Am I supposed to be on the edge of my seat because Sam told Carly the truth about the shooting? Carly's likely to be more pissed that everyone lied to her than she will be about Sam shooting Sonny. Sam was sick, Carly will forgive that, but Carly won't easily forgive being lied to by her best friend and her husband. It's ridiculous that they're covering for Sam at all. Her illness should be perfect exculpatory evidence for hot shot Diane to use to prove Sam had no idea what she was doing. But of course Sonny and Jason must lie to the police, for that's all they know how to do. I'm sure we're supposed to see their actions as noble, but I wish they'd be slapped with some obstruction of justice charges as a reward for their behavior.

And don't even get me started on the parallels they're trying to draw between Franco and Sam, because that is such a bullshit false equivalency. Franco may have stopped murdering people after his brain tumor was removed, but he's committed a laundry list of crimes since then that prove he's deranged and morally bankrupt. Sam's horrified by what she did while sick and there's zero indication that she'll ever behave in such a way again, so she is not at all comparable to Franco. I don't care how much Liz simpers about Franco's "past being his past," he is an awful person, past, present, and future. 

• Love 14
24 minutes ago, Linny said:

I'm sure we're supposed to see their actions as noble, but I wish they'd be slapped with some obstruction of justice charges as a reward for their behavior.

It's SO STUPID. There are so many times these knuckleheads get off for no good reason, so of course when there finally is a good reason, they decide to lie. It's Michael killing Claudia in self-defense all over again. 

• Love 9

Why do they give Sam that shirt to wear the day she's supposed to have a tearful confession. 

I hope Carly punches Sam in the face, not because Sam deserves it but because it would actually be something, and then Carly can go on about how dare Sam shoot HER husband, and then Sam can bitch back that Carly would drop her husband in a second if Jason bothered to look her way, etc, etc.

Come on, let's have some fighting.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Linny said:

And don't even get me started on the parallels they're trying to draw between Franco and Sam, because that is such a bullshit false equivalency. Franco may have stopped murdering people after his brain tumor was removed, but he's committed a laundry list of crimes since then that prove he's deranged and morally bankrupt. Sam's horrified by what she did while sick and there's zero indication that she'll ever behave in such a way again, so she is not at all comparable to Franco. I don't care how much Liz simpers about Franco's "past being his past," he is an awful person, past, present, and future. 

You'd never know Liz was a rape victim the way she blithely ignores Franco's sexual assaults because of the tumor and the way she uses her son to force Sam to constantly interact with her rapist.

• Love 9

Also as a Lucky fan this is how the Frisco fans must have felt. Except Felicia never moved in with a serial killer at least. Or wait, maybe she did lol. Wasn't she dating Ryan?

• Love 1

Are pigs flying because I actually liked Ava and Franco's conversation. He's a little more palatable after the haircut.

Shut up Jason. Just. Shut. It. 

I used to like Jocelyn but if every single scene she's in includes her acting like a huffy brat, I will gladly use the FF button.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 3

Another reason to hate Franco:  before him, Elizabeth was an artist. Now she's a prop.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It's SO STUPID. There are so many times these knuckleheads get off for no good reason, so of course when there finally is a good reason, they decide to lie. It's Michael killing Claudia in self-defense all over again. 

No new information -- they've already established that Jason, Sonny and Carly have a flat learning curve.

Carly is a terrible parent.  She's lucky Joss has Jax's genes otherwise Joss would be making teenage Elizabeth look like a virgin nun.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Once it was revealed he was evul, did she stay with him? Elizabeth has known from the start that Franco is a SERIAL KILLER.

It was just funny to me because I was like "at least Felicia never dated a SERIAL KI - oh. Wait."

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Why do they give Sam that shirt to wear the day she's supposed to have a tearful confession. 

I hope Carly punches Sam in the face, not because Sam deserves it but because it would actually be something, and then Carly can go on about how dare Sam shoot HER husband, and then Sam can bitch back that Carly would drop her husband in a second if Jason bothered to look her way, etc, etc.

Come on, let's have some fighting.

But even the action you typed has been so done to death, including the dialogue that it is now ALSO boring. Let's have some NEW crap to cause a fight!

On 8/21/2017 at 3:13 PM, dubbel zout said:

That made me roar with laughter! Thanks!

18 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

But even the action you typed has been so done to death, including the dialogue that it is now ALSO boring. Let's have some NEW crap to cause a fight!

I don't think Sam has ever actually said it in front of Jason before. Maybe?

50 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't think Sam has ever actually said it in front of Jason before. Maybe?

Maybe Sam hasn't said it, about Carly wanting Jason, but I'm sure many have over 20 years! This show needs a shot in the arm. Everything seems to have been done already.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, twoods said:

I used to like Jocelyn but if every single scene she's in includes her acting like a huffy brat, I will gladly use the FF button.

When the huffy brattiness is aimed at Carly, I cheer. It's karmic payback.

Shut up, Stella. Shut up, SHUT UP, SHUT UP. And GO AWAY.

I can't feel sorry for Ava for losing her gallery inventory when it was her fault the place got torched. The idea of selling Franco's stuff isn't a bad idea.

The whitewash job they're doing on Franco is appalling. Jason is "holding a grudge" against him? It goes a little deeper than that, and everyone knows that. If Elizabeth has to justify Franco moving in to Jason, I wish they'd have her say she knows they don't like each other but it's her decision, and just leave it at that. It's gross she has to do the heavy lifting in trying to make Franco palatable to the audience.

For a while there I had a horrible feeling the diamond Anna had was connected to the Ice Princess and Luke.

I liked Alexis's suit.

I wish everyone would stop treating Sam like some fragile piece of china. Avery gets more autonomy that Sam. Ugh.

• Love 2

Poor Monica. Olivia is firing her home's staff, having a toddler and newborn dumped on her at all hours and she is a cardiologist/Chief of Staff at the hospital. Has GH closed the daycare Liz used to take her boys? I would think that Monica could pull some strings. Or have the writers just forgotten about it? 

Too bad GH doesn't really have any real "working class" characters right now. The only people who even mentioned money woes are Dr. O(just fired, former criminal mastermind), HayChel(needing cash to hide the fact that she permanently injured an innocent little girl and got her hubby to take her punishment) and the now missing Brad. 

It would be nice to see an actual low wage staff member talk about childcare costs. Which can be insane. And needing friends and family to pitch in to keep their kid. Lauren doesn't count. Felix is a RN with a few years of experience. Amy is a newer nurse, but she also doesn't have kids. But she is helping care for her brother. And is using that as an excuse for the AssMan stuff. Valerie is a single cop. But she doesn't have kids, hell, do we even know where she lives? With Bobbie? Her own apartment? A house? With a roommate? Who knows? We don't know anything about Valerie except that she loved her mother, stupidly had an affair with her new cousin's hubby, is a police officer and is pretty. Jebus,  we know more about Nell! And she has her own place!

This show desperately needs fresh blood. Sonny and his mob need to be phased out. Women need friends. Epiphany needs to be planning on tormenting Sonny. Since he has responsibility in her son's murder. Kristina, Amy, Valerie, Molly need to have friends and dating material. TJ needs to be on screen or shipped off to a better medical school. Michael needs to get his ass handed to him by his grandmother for being such a sad sack and traitor to his true father's memory. 

Cameron needs to be a teen with Joss. Jake can stay preteen/Spencer/Emma age. Since we all know that those two aren't going to be SORASed anytime soon. 

I don't know how this creative team thinks that the Mob group can keep being the alpha A Team for much longer. And this show has nothing else in the pipeline. Nothing. Kristina is all about whining and being a Daddy's girl. Amy is doing the secret relationship fixer thing. Nothing long term. Molly is a babysitter or MIA. Nell is dating Michael.  Michael is busy being Carly and Sonny's big cheerleader and Joss' brother. Liz is all about frakking Franco! 

Edited by stlbf
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, Linny said:

Am I supposed to be on the edge of my seat because Sam told Carly the truth about the shooting? Carly's likely to be more pissed that everyone lied to her than she will be about Sam shooting Sonny. Sam was sick, Carly will forgive that, but Carly won't easily forgive being lied to by her best friend and her husband. It's ridiculous that they're covering for Sam at all. Her illness should be perfect exculpatory evidence for hot shot Diane to use to prove Sam had no idea what she was doing. But of course Sonny and Jason must lie to the police, for that's all they know how to do. I'm sure we're supposed to see their actions as noble, but I wish they'd be slapped with some obstruction of justice charges as a reward for their behavior.

This! I want to make this poster a member of the General Hospital Board and throw in a stolen diamond too (like Emma's from Spencer).

GET RID OF FRANCO. NOW.

• Love 2

Thoughts as I watched yesterday:

- Kristina proved, yet again, how much like Sonny she is, re automatically thinking Alexis and Sonny were talking about her.  Also, shut up, Kristina.  You look and act 12 so, no, I don't believe you're capable of making decisions.

- Speaking of 12, Jason running around looking for Sam like she was a lost toddler was oh-so-special.  I know KeMo's a lifer, but that's some sexist bullshit she's got to swallow for a paycheck.

- I almost, sort of...liked? Carly and Alexis's talk about teenagers.  At least it was reasonable, no fighting, and a convo that had context.

- Aunt Stella continues to grate--though I laugh how Jordan is her personal "because Helena."

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 8

It's weird how all of a sudden Carly is friends with everyone; first Sam and now Alexis.  It's not that I like sniping and cat fights - I don't.  It's just there's been no transition, these conversations happen out of nowhere, and it's as if these characters have no past relationships of any importance. 

Carly and Alexis could have been members of the same book club who just happened to run into each other.  This show has spent two decades telling me about Carly's attitude towards Alexis and that is Carly thinks Alexis is a liar and hypocrite.

Now Sam needs oh so much about to tell truth to Carly.  And she seems to care deeply about Carly and her feelings; what happened to eye-rolling Sam whenever Carly showed up on hers and Jason's doorstep?  At most, Carly was tolerated.

It all feels odd and unearned.

Edited by amaranta
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

In fairness, Sam doesn't appreciate being treated like that.

Until she starts giving Jason, especially, some serious pushback, it doesn't change things, IMO.

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

- I almost, sort of...liked? Carly and Alexis's talk about teenagers.  At least it was reasonable, no fighting, and a convo that had context.

I liked it, too, but it was also kind of WTF given how Carly and Alexis aren't exactly friends. Friendly, sort of. If it had played that Carly was so desperate for advice she'd ask anyone, including Alexis, that scene would have worked better. But that's what happens when you write for plot points instead of characters.

See also what amaranta wrote about this.

• Love 3
On 8/22/2017 at 1:28 AM, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Kimberly should have named her baby "Mac" since her GH son wasn't given that name.

Oh, so the actress should have given her own child the name that her tv character's kid did not receive? How ludicrous.

• Love 3