Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I was hoping Joss and Oscar would find Sonny early in the episode.  Not because I want the to find Sonny, although it would have been entertaining to see Sonny and Carly be grateful to Oscar for a change, but because and I so tired already of the endless Trapped & Suffer Sonny scenes.   And it says a lot about Oscar's upbringing compared to Michael and Morgan's that he didn't recognize a casing from a bullet.

It's Friday?  Then everything must be Julian's fault.  On the other days it's all Valentine's fault. It's never Sonny, Carly or Jason's faults.

I used to like Kristina back in the days when she had a crush on Ethan.  Now I can't stand her.  And note to the writers -- no matter how horrible, vile and disgusting Julian is, and IMO he's not as bad as Sonny or Jason, the man did rush to the hospital as soon as Alexis texted him and he was worried about his daughter.  Even monsters have hearts. The juxtaposition of Sonny going on about his children with Julian being prevented from being there for his does the show no favours.

23 hours ago, ciarra said:

And Sam's original blood test, the one that said she was low in iron, wouldn't pick up a massive infection? 

21 hours ago, HipOldBat said:

Yeah, you'd think that test would show an elevated white blood cell count, elevated sed rate, or c-reactive protein.  

Let's add to that that the show has no idea of what "taking vitals" actually means.  Sam's hooked up to a monitor which presumably shows her respiration, heart rate and blood pressure and somewhere there has to be a temperature monitors.  It's all there on display.  What exactly is that nurse supposed to be doing?  Magic?

Even if this is a mob show, it's got the title of "General Hospital".  Google is your friend. And while you're at it, that hospital room which is supposed to be the ER?  regular room? ICU? is beyond cheesey.   It looks like it's from a high school play.

14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

No condolences to Sonny on the death of his father, Julian? Or are Lucy, Laura, and Scott the only ones allowed to know about Lee? Ugh, this show.

I thought Wait? What?  Mike died?  Then I realized that you were talking about Lee.

• Love 5
(edited)
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Shut up, Kristina. Julian is no worse than your pathetic excuse for a father. 

Seriously, I was fine with her being furious at Julian/wanting him away from her family, but her bringing Sonny into it sucked because 1) Sonny is indeed just as bad as Julian and 2) she's a twenty-something woman, threatening to tattle to her daddy kinda robs the "You go, girl!" moment of most of its power.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
(edited)
39 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
50 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

No condolences to Sonny on the death of his father, Julian? Or are Lucy, Laura, and Scott the only ones allowed to know about Lee? Ugh, this show.

I thought Wait? What?  Mike died?  Then I realized that you were talking about Lee.

D'oh! Of course I mean Scott. I was going back and forth between thoughts. Fixed in the original post.

38 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I was fine with her being furious at Julian/wanting him away from her family

This actually kind of bugs me. Julian has as much right to be at the hospital as any other relative of Sam's. It's probably not a good idea to overlap while Jason is there, but Julian should be allowed to see Sam if he wants to. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 7
(edited)

Kristina can DIAF. Hate the character, hate the actress's one-dimensional portrayal of same.  

Of course Carly has to save Elizabeth. It's not as if she couldn't have elbowed Garvey in his gut wound and gotten away by herself. Gah.

Seriously. That was very disappointing. Elizabeth put up more of a fight against Manny, who was both scarier and closer to full operating capacity, in an almost identical scene. She elbowed him and got away so SuperJason could get a clear shot. The Elizabeth/Garvey/Carly scene was not well blocked or directed either. His grip on Elizabeth looked so light, and he was so obviously preoccupied with Carly, that Rebecca Herbst was forced to stand at his side cowering and wincing for no other reason that that she wasn't "supposed' to get away yet.  

Oscar, incredulously: "You've seen every inch of Port Charles?" Yeah, Oscar, pretty much. It consists of a pier, a parking garage, a very ratty park, the entrance to Kelly's, and the area outside her stepfather's coffee shop.  You can literally see it all in 40 minutes, especially with the town's revolutionary wormhole. But he definitely picked a romantic spot: an abandoned area where gangsters go to shoot each other. 

The saving grace of Sonny's monologue was that I couldn't understand most of it. Jason's, unfortunately, I did understand. Sam actually in a coma is as boring as Sam virtually in a coma (i.e., her everyday portrayal of advanced Lyme disease).  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

This actually kind of bugs me. Julian has as much right to be at the hospital as any other relative of Sam's. It's probably not a good idea to overlap while Jason is there, but Julian should be allowed to see Sam if he wants to. 

I meant more that I don't 100% blame Kristina for flying off the handle right after the reveal that Sam contracted this illness because of what Olivia J. did to her. 

But she does seem to have this thing about laying into people about where they should or should not be, i.e. being a huge bitch to Carly about Jax being at Morgan's funeral.

So again, shut up, Kristina.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Kristina can DIAF. Hate the character, hate the actress's one-dimensional portrayal of same.

Lexi Ainsworth is a good actress.   If you go back a watch the Kiefer abusing Kristina episodes you will see how talented she is.  However, when the writers brought her back they wrote her as being an obnoxious school girl Sonny apologist.  They are not giving Lexi the material to work with, which is a real shame and a wasted opportunity. 

• Love 5

The whole Sonny hour was so stupid. Joss and Oscar are standing right there and of course that's practically the only time he's quiet. Since they were able to hear laughing or whatever they would have heard his rambling about his kids (barf).

I'm sorry but the Julian Pile-On in the hospital pissed me off. Alexis sent him a text and told him to get there as soon as possible. Shut up Christina, you're a spoiled little bitch. Shut up Jason, how many families have been affected by you killing someone they loved. Fucking hypocrites, the lot of them. Maybe if they weren't all acting like douche bags then maybe Julian would have been able to mention that Sam came to him about Sonny a while back. 

This is the stupidest show ever and I still watch the fucking thing! I need to schedule a session with Doc Kevin. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Hello, Dr. Anderson, head of pediatrics! Rawr. Please return whenever you want.

I saw him as I was fast forwarding so I stopped fast forwarding. What a beautiful man.

16 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

This is the stupidest show ever and I still watch the fucking thing! I need to schedule a session with Doc Kevin. 

Right!

• Love 3
(edited)

I think Dr Anderson was the female doctor and the hot guy was Ari, the pediatric nurse.  He was a pretty good actor.

Sonny does a better job acting in the hallucinations than in his ridiculous monologues. 

Edited by twoods
  • Love 5
(edited)

OMG, I don't know whether to impeach the President or thank him for interrupting this show almost every other Goddamn day!

I missed the last 10 minutes, did Sonny explain how he sees so much of himself in Avery? Good Lord, y'all, could anyone BE more narcissistic?! Good to know he was ready to make Mikey the new mob boss, if'n he weren't all sweet on Mikey's momma. Dad of the Year!!

Did anything happen at the end? Please tell me Garvy died before disclosing Sonny's location. 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, twoods said:

I think Dr Anderson was the female doctor and the hot guy was Ari, the pediatric nurse.  He was a pretty good actor.

I think you're right, as it was the woman who was making all sorts of diagnostic checks on Scout. 

Just now, TVbitch said:

Did anything happen at the end? Please tell me Garvy died before disclosing Sonny's location. 

No, he just awesomely smirked at Carly.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

But she does seem to have this thing about laying into people about where they should or should not be, i.e. being a huge bitch to Carly about Jax being at Morgan's funeral.

It's a weird place to take the character. During Jax's presumed death, Kristina told Michael that while she loved Sonny, she couldn't enable him. That's really missing from this show now that everyone has to kiss Sonny's ass and hate who Sonny hates.

Even Anna had to team up with Sonny - which, considering Sonny fired a gun in Robin's home that wounded Robin and terrorized Emma, should never have happened in a million years. Even Scotty had to say something positive about Sonny during Another Boring Custody Battle despite what Sonny did to Karen. It feels like everyone has to be a Sonny apologist now. Is this exciting for anyone?

It's so damn boring and predictable since everyone has to kiss Sonny's ring. FFS, why can't people be allowed to hate Sonny without being vilified or 'evil'?

• Love 11
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Instead of just Sam in a coma, or just Sonny shot, now Sam is in a coma and Sonny is shot in the same episode! That really puts a twist on it.

Can we have another twist where they both exit together? Asking for a friend.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

ICU? is beyond cheesey. 

I just wanted to say how grossed out I was at Finn and Griff eating their lunches on a hospital gurney.  Can you say "bodily fluids"?  Not to mention, who would want their gurney smelling like takeout? 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Gah. I guess I should be grateful some random dude day player didn't wander by and save both women.

Or Franco.

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I was expecting the same as a cliffhanger.  Are we an episode off where we should be?

I think they're still a day behind.  We'll know for sure if Ghost Stone shows up on Monday.  

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

nd it says a lot about Oscar's upbringing compared to Michael and Morgan's that he didn't recognize a casing from a bullet.

I thought that was pretty lame.  Does the kid not watch television?  I've never seen a real bullet casing, but I've seen plenty of tv ones.  

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Shut up, Kristina. Julian is no worse than your pathetic excuse for a father. 

I thought that was supposed to be irony.  "My dad's a big baddie" as he lies in a pit waxing poetic about his children.  

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Please tell me Garvy died before disclosing Sonny's location.

No but he told carly that he had killed Sonny.  

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

D'oh! Of course I mean Scott. I was going back and forth between thoughts. Fixed in the original post.

But before Sam started to have delusions, she wanted to have nothing to do with Julian because he tried to kill her mother. Prior to that, she barely had a relationship with him. She would not want Julian to be there especially as his presence would only anger her husband, her sisters, and maybe her mother when Alexis realized that no one wants Julian around.

• Love 7

The Finn/Silas "vague resemblance" was glossed over pretty quickly, and I can't remember if Sam has met Finn before. But I was thinking it's all she needs, in the state of her hallucinations, to wake up and find Silas tending to her.

• Love 3

I wish Sam's illness was from when Jason sexed her up in the barn, in amongst the bird crap, cat crap etc., rather than it being all.Julian's.fault.   Anything bad that happens to JaSam is never their fault.

Why did Alexis summon Julian if she knew the others would be around with the torches and pitchforks?  It was her bad idea.  She could have kept him in the loop by phone.

Oscar may not know what a bullet casing looks like, but Joss should have recognized it. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Lexi Ainsworth is a good actress.   If you go back a watch the Kiefer abusing Kristina episodes you will see how talented she is.  However, when the writers brought her back they wrote her as being an obnoxious school girl Sonny apologist.  They are not giving Lexi the material to work with, which is a real shame and a wasted opportunity. 

People always bring up the abusive story to defend her acting. That story was 7 years ago! And her acting has shown no growth since then and has actually gotten worse. I've seen her pop up on a few shows I watch outside of GH and she's very one note. 

• Love 4

In2You, I get what you are saying.  I brought up the abuse storyline because she was so good in it.  Also, at the time this story aired I was working with many teen girls who had been abused by their boyfriends and when I saw Kristina's pain and confusion, I felt as though I was seeing one of "my girls".  Unfortunately, there has been little character development for Kristina, emotionally she is still a teenager.  Kristina and Michael are so underdeveloped and it is aggravating because they have so much potential.  Instead we get the 1000th mob rival for Sonny.   

• Love 2
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

But before Sam started to have delusions, she wanted to have nothing to do with Julian because he tried to kill her mother. Prior to that, she barely had a relationship with him. She would not want Julian to be there especially as his presence would only anger her husband, her sisters, and maybe her mother when Alexis realized that no one wants Julian around.

Alexis wanted Julian there.  She probably wanted his support because Kristina is a complete negative and Jason was obsessing about Sam.  She wanted someone to support her and she knew that Julian cared about Sam enough to be worried knowing she was so sick.  But because Kristina is a narcissistic twit who takes after her father and Jason is a bully, Alexis had to do what they want.  I am so tired of Alexis' children telling her what to do and how to behave.  They may disagree with her decisions but she's not an addict or feeble-minded and their constant attempts to control her are just gross.

Before Sam got so sick, she didn't want to have Julian around.  People change when they're that sick though and maybe she would want to know that her father loves her so much that he waited in the hospital to make sure she was going to be okay.  But since Sam is in a coma and unaware of what is happening, it's irrelevant what she wants right now.

Kristina's hysterics (ugh) and Jason's bully tactics are just so unnecessary, as bad as everyone still saying that Valentine kidnapped Spencer.   Kristina pulled a Carly, blaming other people when she should have been concerned about Sam herself.  The man was worried about his daughter and he should have been allowed to be there. My sympathies were all with Julian in that scene.

• Love 8
(edited)
11 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Naturally it's Julian's fault that Sam got sick.

I mean, the fact that Sonny sucks the most doesn't make Julian suck less. And? It was Julian's fault.  All he had to do was tell Sam and Alexis about Olivia. He did the same stupid thing with Lucas and Fluke; this crap isn't even out of character for him.

It's fine for him to want to be there, but he knows that Sam doesn't want him there - and Alexis knows that too. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, In2You said:

People always bring up the abusive story to defend her acting. That story was 7 years ago! And her acting has shown no growth since then and has actually gotten worse. I've seen her pop up on a few shows I watch outside of GH and she's very one note. 

But she was good in it and she hasn't had a decent story since then, or any story at all really.

• Love 3

Even if this is a mob show, it's got the title of "General Hospital".  Google is your friend. And while you're at it, that hospital room which is supposed to be the ER?  regular room? ICU? is beyond cheesey.   It looks like it's from a high school play.

Yesterday's episode was the first time that I noticed  the infectious disease doctor put on a pair of gloves.  I do want to give GH props for focusing on infectious diseases as they are the second leading cause of death (after heart disease).  But most infections aren't the 'worms in the brain' type but rather stuff like TB or secondary conditions like sepsis.   It is still quite a challenge to identify the exact type of infection which is critical in determining which medication to use to kill it.  But there is a general infection in Port Charles that has been killing this show - it's name is Sonny.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

But she was good in it and she hasn't had a decent story since then, or any story at all really.

That abuse storyline was badly written. There were select scenes  but overall it was poorly done. Just like every  story on this shoe for years now. Still doesn't excuse her one note performances where she relies on histrionics. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

The Finn/Silas "vague resemblance" was glossed over pretty quickly, and I can't remember if Sam has met Finn before. But I was thinking it's all she needs, in the state of her hallucinations, to wake up and find Silas tending to her.

My mind went to Caleb and Livvie when Finn was leaning over Sam in the hospital bed, I would have paid the salary of Awesome Writer In Hiding if they had Sam go full blown crazy with the hallucinations and instead of Sonny she saw Vampire Caleb and went bonkers every time someone mentioned Olivia (Caleb's dead fiancée) or Elizabeth ( Elizabeth Barrington, another one of Caleb's women) or even Lucy (the Vampire Slayer!) and when anyone tried to explain to her she was hallucinating and she was in the hospital in Port Charles, well, this shit writes itself if you're familiar with Port Charles (the show).

Or, maybe I'm the one hallucinating and I'm not really posting here but I'm in an insane asylum where some doctor is trying to tell me I'm not a Vampire Slayer and I dreamed up my friends Willow and Xander and all the hot sex I was having with a vampire named Spike was in my imagination and I don't have a sister named Dawn. Ummm, sorry, got a little carried away there.

9 hours ago, ciarra said:

I wish Sam's illness was from when Jason sexed her up in the barn, in amongst the bird crap, cat crap etc., rather than it being all.Julian's.fault.   Anything bad that happens to JaSam is never their fault.

Seriously, all the traipsing around Danger Girl and Anger Boy do in the name of Sonny and they just happen to know for sure, without a doubt, it's from Sam giving birth through her jeans and it's Julian's fault 100%.

7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Alexis wanted Julian there.  She probably wanted his support because Kristina is a complete negative and Jason was obsessing about Sam.  She wanted someone to support her and she knew that Julian cared about Sam enough to be worried knowing she was so sick.  But because Kristina is a narcissistic twit who takes after her father and Jason is a bully, Alexis had to do what they want.  I am so tired of Alexis' children telling her what to do and how to behave.  They may disagree with her decisions but she's not an addict or feeble-minded and their constant attempts to control her are just gross.

Before Sam got so sick, she didn't want to have Julian around.  People change when they're that sick though and maybe she would want to know that her father loves her so much that he waited in the hospital to make sure she was going to be okay.  But since Sam is in a coma and unaware of what is happening, it's irrelevant what she wants right now.

Kristina's hysterics (ugh) and Jason's bully tactics are just so unnecessary, as bad as everyone still saying that Valentine kidnapped Spencer.   Kristina pulled a Carly, blaming other people when she should have been concerned about Sam herself.  The man was worried about his daughter and he should have been allowed to be there. My sympathies were all with Julian in that scene.

Every word of this. And lets not forget when Sam went to Julian about Sonny, she told him in no uncertain terms not to tell Alexis, I don't recall the exact words but it seemed like a test in a way, you tell nobody and I'll consider letting you back into my life again kinda test.

6 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I mean, the fact that Sonny sucks the most doesn't make Julian suck less. And? It was Julian's fault.  All he had to do was tell Sam and Alexis about Olivia. He did the same stupid thing with Lucas and Fluke; this crap isn't even out of character for him.

It's fine for him to want to be there, but he knows that Sam doesn't want him there - and Alexis knows that too. 

I hate to be a Julian apologist but I hate Sonny even more so I can't help but like anyone Sonny hates, hell, I'd love Garvey if he actually did kill Sonny. Maybe. I'm just playing devil's advocate but Olivia was posing as Alexis's AA sponsor and babble mouth Alexis could have easily mentioned something (yeah, I know, I'm reaching for anything). Julian's last encounter with Sam was when she came to him about Sonny and if Alexis didn't text him telling him to get to the hospital asap he wouldn't have even known Sam was in the hospital so I'm putting the blame on Alexis for this one.

Also, did I hear wrong or did Sonny babble something about Leo when he was running through the list of All Sonny's Children?

• Love 4
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I am so tired of Alexis' children telling her what to do and how to behave.  They may disagree with her decisions but she's not an addict or feeble-minded and their constant attempts to control her are just gross.

I mean, Alexis is an addict, but still I agree with this.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

The Finn/Silas "vague resemblance" was glossed over pretty quickly, and I can't remember if Sam has met Finn before. 

She has. Finn told her while she was in a hospital bed (after reviewing her blood work/test results) that she was pregnant. Sam expressed her shock to him, that she and Jason were under the impression they couldn't have more kids, so were not using birth control.  I remember it because I thought it was ironic they were having a conversation about her pregnancy/happy relationship status when actor ME's previous characters were involved with Sam, diagnosed her first kid with cancer, and before that delivered her first kid while she was *separated from* Jason because he was being such such an ass about her pregnancy.

• Love 5

Seriously, all the traipsing around Danger Girl and Anger Boy do in the name of Sonny and they just happen to know for sure, without a doubt, it's from Sam giving birth through her jeans and it's Julian's fault 100%.

In a dry riverbed in the middle of a freezing cold, where bacteria probably wouldn't even be able to grow.  But, sure show, yeah, that's totally how she got this disease, uh-huh.

The way this show goes out of its way to blame others (lately Julian or Valentin) so the pets can be canonized, even when the storylines are nonsensical, will never sit right with me.

• Love 4
(edited)

Oh, Lord, I can only imagine the week they'd milk out of it if Ron Hale (who last appeared in 2010, and has retired from acting) died.  And of course, we all want RH (so many RHs on this show) to have many more years ahead just for the sake of it, but I'm sure Mike Corbin's death would turn into the most self-indulgent Maurice reel in history.

Flashbacks. Drunken grieving. Sonny, alone, smashing barware and getting a consoling visit from Courtney.  

A stammery speech to Carly about how long it took him to forgive Mike for abandoning him and Adele and leaving them vulnerable to Deke.

A dot-connecting speech about how their beautiful little boy, Morgan, inherited two family illnesses: Sonny's bipolar disorder and Mike's gambling addiction. Now they're both in heaven together, where everyone wins big.    

Carly telling Sonny that we learn from the mistakes of those who come before us, and the negative examples of Bobbie and Mike had a lot to do with the incredible parents they are. "But you know what? He fought to be part of your life, and that was an example too. Dante, Michael, Kristina, Avery...you love your children so much that no matter what they say or do, you'll be there for them, Sonny. And Joss is the same for me."

Then a graveside speech in which Sonny says he finally can admit he loved his old man.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, In2You said:

That abuse storyline was badly written. There were select scenes  but overall it was poorly done. Just like every  story on this shoe for years now.

I don't disagree that it was poorly written. It became a story to make Ethan sympathetic in the wake of the Luke/Holly controversy by throwing Kristina under the bus to make him the victim of the story (and that worked for a lot of people, strangely enough), and gave us Luke v. Sonny (fighting over Ethan) instead of focusing on an abuse victim (which should have been strongly criticized because an abuse victim shouldn't be vilified in her own abuse storyline). The unfocused writing is still a problem with the new regime. I don't understand why it's so hard for TIIC to tell a coherent story. It feels like this is Dante's Inferno and we're just going through different levels of hell.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, nilyank said:

Sam's relationship with Julian is very opportunistic. When she needs something from him, she's willing to try. Like I said, I don't think Julian should visit Sam when Jason is there (and probably not Kristina and maybe Molly), but he has to right to be there until Sam tells him to leave. And maybe being really sick will give her one of those clichéd realizations that family—all family—matters.

What I mostly hate is that someone always has to be at fault, even when it's something that doesn't have to have blame. And the people getting blamed are the same old bogey men: Julian, Valentin, etc. (Franco will always deserve every bit of blame thrown his way, no matter what.) It's so tiresome, and it makes me root for the "bad" guys, which I'm pretty sure isn't the intended effect.

• Love 9

Julian was a terrible pick for Sam's father. He looks like a model close to Sam's age. 

It could be pointed out that Dante and Olivia have the same problems but while LLC is a beautiful woman too but they don't really have random shots of her shirtless like they used to with Julian, and Olivia and Dante had much more thorough writing to establish them.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Of course Carly has to save Elizabeth. It's not as if she couldn't have elbowed Garvey in his gut wound and gotten away by herself.

Reveal hidden contents

Ghost!Stone

I thought that was a clear set up for Jason to be oh-so-grateful to Carly for saving his first-born son's mother from danger/kidnapping by a Sonny enemy, so that he wouldn't have the added stress of worrying about her on top of being worried and afraid for Sam.  The second reason is Carly wants to torture/pester any information about Sonny's whereabouts out of Garvey.  Elizabeth was just a convenience by the writers to prop the Jason-Sonny-Carly bond. She has managed to get away from at least two bad guys before (that I can remember off the top of my head): Manny, and the dude who murdered Siobhan (Lucky's Irish wife, for those not recalling the name).

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Julian was a terrible pick for Sam's father. He looks like a model close to Sam's age. 

I really thought this was going to be ret-conned - that yes, teenage Alexis had sex with Julian in the back of a car while drunk, but it was not long after she'd been raped by Stavros. Teenage Alexis wants to escape/forget about the trauma, so she goes to a bar to feel "normal."  So later when she  finds out she's pregnant, she has blocked out the trauma and believes she got pregnant from her night out being "grown up" because the alternative is too horrible to consider.  IIRC, Julian being a bone marrow match to Danny was 'confirmation' that he is Sam's bio father.  Or did I miss Sam and Julian getting a DNA test? I recall that before Julian got outed as not-Derek Wells, Alexis wanted to compare Sam's DNA to Lucas's, to confirm if they were half siblings. That could be hand-waved away by some lab tech making an error (maybe Lucas' birth mother was somehow related to the Cassadines).

• Love 6
(edited)

Alexis was really bugging with her over the top reactions at the hospital. Snapping telling them whatever they had to do just do it....thanks for the advice I'm sure the doctors were planning on just letting her die!  

Leaving sonny in that hole was the sanest thing Sam ever did. 

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 7

transmitted chiefly through undercooked meat, or in soil or cat feces

Maybe it was from the undercooked burger at Kelly's, not that Sam has ever eaten anything.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I really thought this was going to be ret-conned - that yes, teenage Alexis had sex with Julian in the back of a car while drunk, but it was not long after she'd been raped by Stavros. Teenage Alexis wants to escape/forget about the trauma, so she goes to a bar to feel "normal."  So later when she  finds out she's pregnant, she has blocked out the trauma and believes she got pregnant from her night out being "grown up" because the alternative is too horrible to consider.  IIRC, Julian being a bone marrow match to Danny was 'confirmation' that he is Sam's bio father.  Or did I miss Sam and Julian getting a DNA test? I recall that before Julian got outed as not-Derek Wells, Alexis wanted to compare Sam's DNA to Lucas's, to confirm if they were half siblings. That could be hand-waved away by some lab tech making an error (maybe Lucas' birth mother was somehow related to the Cassadines).

I'd rather go in another direction and ret-con Sam being Alexis' child period.  There was no DNA test between Sam and Alexis. Sam was a con artist hell bent on revenge against Alexis.  I'd rather not have Alexis being raped by Stavros, since she's one of the few female characters on the show that hasn't been sexually assaulted in some way.  Soaps don't take real risks anymore. Well, scratch that, they take risks in doing stupid shit that'll get whatever fans left watching to change the channel. But they don't take GOOD risks. I'd much rather see Sam be revealed as knowing all along she wasn't Alexis' child, that originally it was a con designed to hurt Alexis, but a plan she gave up after realizing she cared about Alexis and Krolly and enjoyed being a part of their family and that Sam found 'proof' that Alexis' child is 'dead' and decided to keep it a secret and just carry on as Alexis' long lost child. Not even Jason knows. But Helena DID.

But this is GH. And making Sam a villain or even morally grey is never going to happen.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Vella said:

I'd rather go in another direction and ret-con Sam being Alexis' child period.  There was no DNA test between Sam and Alexis. Sam was a con artist hell bent on revenge against Alexis.  I'd rather not have Alexis being raped by Stavros, since she's one of the few female characters on the show that hasn't been sexually assaulted in some way.  Soaps don't take real risks anymore. Well, scratch that, they take risks in doing stupid shit that'll get whatever fans left watching to change the channel. But they don't take GOOD risks. I'd much rather see Sam be revealed as knowing all along she wasn't Alexis' child, that originally it was a con designed to hurt Alexis, but a plan she gave up after realizing she cared about Alexis and Krolly and enjoyed being a part of their family and that Sam found 'proof' that Alexis' child is 'dead' and decided to keep it a secret and just carry on as Alexis' long lost child. Not even Jason knows. But Helena DID.

But this is GH. And making Sam a villain or even morally grey is never going to happen.

I would be thrilled if the show just scraps any Sam/biological ties. If they want to tie her to someone,  then tie her to Kevin. It worked on Port Charles. Since Livvie was made real (albeit, dead) as Caleb's wife, go with it. Let her be a con artist, who decided that she liked being in Alexis's family. She can either know she was a twin or stay with an adoption from hell by the McCalls. 

And just have it turn out that Livvie and Sam are actually Kevin's hidden daughters. Or go nuts and make them Ryan's, giving the biological mother just cause to keep the girls a secret.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

In a dry riverbed in the middle of a freezing cold, where bacteria probably wouldn't even be able to grow.  But, sure show, yeah, that's totally how she got this disease, uh-huh.

The way this show goes out of its way to blame others (lately Julian or Valentin) so the pets can be canonized, even when the storylines are nonsensical, will never sit right with me.

Maybe Valentin has a secret herd of cats whose invisible poop infects all the PC homes they break into.  Sneakily, of course.  And he named them all "Helena".

14 hours ago, ciarra said:

Maybe it was from the undercooked burger at Kelly's, not that Sam has ever eaten anything.

I'm thinking maybe the ribs.  Well, except that would be trichinosis, right?

• Love 3
On 7/28/2017 at 2:01 PM, rur said:

Not only that, but how they embody all of Sonny's wonderful character traits. I love how he really never changes, even to his last line of the day -- not a cry for help, but an order: "Get me outta here!" Oh Sonny, oh Maurice.

It's been quite a while since MB got an Emmy, so I guess this'll be his reel for next year. 

Are they aware it's not a comedy award?

• Love 8