Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I mean, we're to assume Claudette knows something Valentin doesn't want known, that's why he grabbed her off that plane and "killed" her, right?

I think THAT was then and THIS is now as it relates to Claudette/Valentin. I wouldn't be surprised if Claudette never resurfaced or is mentioned again. Valentin's existence seems to be all about Anna/Alex now.

• Love 1

That is part of why the show is bleeding viewers and ratings, IMO - not that Claudette was ever a major plot point, but she was important to Charlotte and Valentin's story and now it is like she never existed.

• Love 2

Claudette's purpose was to introduce Charlotte and get this awful story going. Charlotte does mention her every so often, and that's enough for me. She doesn't need to exist more than that, IMO.

• Love 1
(edited)

Claudette's purpose was that FV wanted to give BW a job. I'd bet money that JP/SA had no idea what they were going to do with the Charlotte actress when Claudette debuted. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Syndicate said:

I still can't believe that all of this started from a simple scenario of Maxie finding a white glove in Nathan's tuxedo. From there, it just spun off into lots of shit that was clearly made up as it went along. SMH!

Truer words were never spoken. 

25 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Claudette's purpose was that FV wanted to give BW a job. I'd bet money that JP/SA had no idea what they were going to do with the Charlotte actress when Claudette debuted. 

Agreed.  They seem to reverse engineer stories when they get what they perceive as a casting coup.  The Charlotte story--and, imo, the entire character of Valentin--has changed so much because of that.  

• Love 3

If Anna's not particularly soapy plan was to try and convince Valentin she has a twin who did all that stuff to him, why the hell wouldn't she drag Alex along with her as proof?  GRRR.  Everything about this Anna/Alex story - and the hatchet they took to the Alex we saw on AMC - gives me a #rageembolism.

Wow at the Brenda!Bot's bitchy remark that Carly was jealous about being replaced in Sonny's bed.  I wish Carly had given her an in-depth lesson about all the brunette legal professions Sonny has banged over the years.  But even she can see that Sonny and Carly still wuv each other, barf. 

Dillon, find a friend who's not fuckin' Felix.  That said, Dills and Kiks were kinda cute.

• Love 7

Moment of silence for glass number 786 that lost its life at the hands of Carly's rage. Sonny's audacity continues reaching new heights, because even after being caught with his hand in the cookie jar he STILL can't admit wrongdoing. I don't understand how anyone likes this jackass when he's incapable of showing even an ounce of humility.

Shut up, Kiki, with the "let's not forget Morgan!" speech. When was the last time she and Ava had a conversation that didn't include Morgan's name? I'd love to forget Morgan but damned if this show will let me.

Valentin: "I'm a Cassadine and multiple members of my family have come back from the dead, my child was conceived without mine or the mother's consent, and my wife magically recovered after spending most of her life in a coma, but this evil identical twin story is a hard pill for me to swallow!"

Jason and Sam's scenes were akin to the nonalcoholic beers they were drinking: not unpleasant, but definitely not as fun as they could be and without much point. Also, how awkward he dreamed about Helena after sex.

• Love 9
(edited)
56 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Wow at the Brenda!Bot's bitchy remark that Carly was jealous about being replaced in Sonny's bed. 

Ugh. The lame go-to for women who know they're wrong. Now that Carly knows about Sonny and Martina, hasn't Ava lost her leverage? She needs to take her chances with the dumb Paul sex tape.

I like Nina continually shutting down Valentin when he tries to manipulate her using Charlotte.

Sonny: "I don't go after anybody. Not even Carly."
Me: WHAAAAAAAAAAAT????!!??!?!?!?!?!?

I'm loving Spectral!Helena torturing Jason in his dreams.

Ugh, this chimera thing is dragging on way too long.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

If Anna's not particularly soapy plan was to try and convince Valentin she has a twin who did all that stuff to him, why the hell wouldn't she drag Alex along with her as proof? 

I think Alex was under arrest, so she couldn't go anywhere.  Anna could have shown him a picture, however, of the two of them together maybe.

6 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

I think Alex was under arrest, so she couldn't go anywhere.

Anna works for the WSB, she would have the highest clearance of anybody in that airport.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

YES! What you say here follows up on my belief that shit was made up ever since Maxie discovered the white glove in the tux.

• Love 1

I was wrong. Carly's dress looks silly everywhere, not just in the park. All three in that scene sounded like idiots.

I think the writing for Killon is okay, it's just my own personal bias that makes me not really into him. RPW just has no appeal for me whatsoever, alas.

1 hour ago, Linny said:

Moment of silence for glass number 786 that lost its life at the hands of Carly's rage. Sonny's audacity continues reaching new heights, because even after being caught with his hand in the cookie jar he STILL can't admit wrongdoing. I don't understand how anyone likes this jackass when he's incapable of showing even an ounce of humility.

I don't know what Carly expected Sonny to say though. She already slept with Jax. She's threatening to take all his stuff. When has Sonny EVER begged for Carly's forgiveness? Maybe when Michael was shot, but that was different, and they weren't together.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

RPW just has no appeal for me whatsoever, alas.

He's such a jar of mayonnaise.

LOL at Lauren's face when Felix tells her she has to work. I'm sure she'll manage to sneak out for the four minutes her act lasts. I'd really hate to get sick during the Nurses Ball. Treatment there is pretty haphazard on a good day.

• Love 4
(edited)
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at Lauren's face when Felix tells her she has to work.

Like the schedule for Nurses' Ball coverage at the hospital wouldn't have been arranged earlier than, what, the night before?  Shut up, Felix.

8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'd really hate to get sick during the Nurses Ball. Treatment there is pretty haphazard on a good day.

Fingers crossed Nelle falls through the cracks.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

What the hell is going on with Brendabot?  She's not embarrassed to have accidentally slept with her client's husband (although, like with Claudia, she should have known what Sonny looked like before swanning into town), she's sort of disappointed. She's not chastising herself over not immediately recusing herself and finding another attorney for Carly. She's not embarrassed about how Carly found out the truth, she sees nothing really wrong with having sex with Sonny again, she's not at all worried about potential repercussions with the bar association, more vaguely concerned.  She lied to Carly repeatedly, weaseled around the truth and instead of being ASHAMED of being exposed, instead acts like a proud mistress. The fact that she chose to strut around, sneering at Carly instead of quietly dressing and leaving before either noticed her still there, is just bullshit.

All of this is bullshit, every single moment with this sad excuse for a character is bullshit. She is here for Sonny to plug into.  Nothing of what she has said or done has made an ounce of sense. She's a femmebot, she's here to get plugged, swoon over and throw her career, her professional ethics and her self-respect into the garbage for a man who does not care about her, does not know her (and vise versa) and would have to think hard before remembering her last name.  And it's really sucky that she was conceived of and put on screen under the leadership of two female co-head writers.

• Love 18
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Vella said:

What the hell is going on with Brendabot?  She's not embarrassed to have accidentally slept with her client's husband (although, like with Claudia, she should have known what Sonny looked like before swanning into town), she's sort of disappointed. She's not chastising herself over not immediately recusing herself and finding another attorney for Carly. She's not embarrassed about how Carly found out the truth, she sees nothing really wrong with having sex with Sonny again, she's not at all worried about potential repercussions with the bar association, more vaguely concerned.  She lied to Carly repeatedly, weaseled around the truth and instead of being ASHAMED of being exposed, instead acts like a proud mistress. The fact that she chose to strut around, sneering at Carly instead of quietly dressing and leaving before either noticed her still there, is just bullshit.

And she has no hesitation, none at all, about sleeping with a mobster?  I mean, maybe that wouldn't phase someone from Port Charles, but she's from the outside world!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11
On Friday, May 19, 2017 at 5:24 PM, stlbf said:

Yep. The whole Gabriel crap made absolutely ZERO SENSE. Not one iota. Because we all abandon children, but keep said kids' nannies(to have an affair and spawn illegitimate kid decades later) around for decades after dumping said small kids. If they truly did feel the need to add a new Devane character, why not just make Gabriel, Alex's missing son? At least that could be plausible, with Gabriel being YOUNGER THAN Robin! Just like Aiden turned up as Lindsay's unknown son. Shouldn't Aidan be out of prison anyway? The man was pretty. And almost made Greenlee tolerable. 

Yes.  They need some decent eye candy on this show.  Plus, Aidan has actual ties.  The Gabriel story was weird.  I still don't think I get it, but I watched it.  It was better than what's on now though.  Hell, at this point, I'll take Godzilla as the lizard's mother.  

Wow, that was boring. Carly and Sonny fight for the 70th bazillion time, just before they get together again in a few months. Are there people who are still interested in this?

I'm also very tired of  Carly shreiking that it is her responsibility to keep Ava from her child.  Yes, Ava had sex with a serial killer. And Carly is BFFs with a serial killed and married to a mob boss.  I don't really see the high moral ground here.  At least not enough to justify going over this again and again.

6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Well, he is the evilest Cassadine who ever evilly Cassadined. I don't even remember the circumstances of Claudette's "killing," this story has bored me so.

I think of him as the Sad Sack Cassadine.  It was nice to see a little bit of energy today.

I guess Nathan was at the airport so that he could tell Nina that Anna has a twin so Nina doesn't dump Valentine.  ZZzzzzzzz

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I guess Nathan was at the airport so that he could tell Nina that Anna has a twin so Nina doesn't dump Valentine.  ZZzzzzzzz

He asked her if it mattered that it was Alex instead of Anna, which astounded me with its logic and sensibleness.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I like Nina continually shutting down Valentin when he tries to manipulate her using Charlotte.

Me too. Nina is my fave character right now for this alone.

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

RPW just has no appeal for me whatsoever, alas.

His lips continue to perplex and alarm me.

3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

He asked her if it mattered that it was Alex instead of Anna, which astounded me with its logic and sensibleness.

The way he phrased it though made me think he was trying to say it maybe does make a difference, which perplexed me. Uh, no, it really doesn't lol.

I skipped all the Jason/Sam scenes, but I pushed play when I saw the leather jacket because I thought it was for Scout. Which would have been dumb but cute instead of just dumb like it being for Sam was. Oh, I watched the Jason/Helena scene, too, and I enjoyed the hell outta it.

Edited by peachmangosteen
41 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Wow, that was boring. Carly and Sonny fight for the 70th bazillion time, just before they get together again in a few months. Are there people who are still interested in this?

I think each individual character has a huge fanbase, but I don't think there are many Carly/Sonny FF left. At least, not with this Carly in the role. They only got back together two and a half years ago after being apart ever since LW entered the role, one night stands aside. So this flashback-a-rama and all the other characters crying out "you're soulmates!" is weird. And it's not even like Sonny decided he loved her again or something, he just set out to prove she didn't love Franco, and basically to smarm in her face that he could seduce her whenever he wanted to, if he chose to do so.

• Love 2

Carly and Sonny have always been dysfunctional, but they have an especially gross dynamic these days. They're the male and female leads, though, so I don't see them staying apart forever. Given that, I'd rather Sonny and Carly confine their ish to each other. 

• Love 3

Carly did not need the 1,000,000th fight with Sonny.  She just needed to look at him and say good riddance I am free of you.  I am keeping all of your holdings and I will use them to finance my new collection of shoes.  Now that I am done with you, I will finally be able to wear high heels again.  You tiny pimple of a man.

• Love 9

I think the show needs to find new leads or else put them together and keep them together (like the old soaps where there was one established couple like Edward and Lila who guided the youngsters) because there is nothing new that they have done with Sonny or Carly in years. Literally every plot line they have, including BrendaBot is wash, rinse, repeat.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Carly did not need the 1,000,000th fight with Sonny.  She just needed to look at him and say good riddance I am free of you.  I am keeping all of your holdings and I will use them to finance my new collection of shoes.  Now that I am done with you, I will finally be able to wear high heels again.  You tiny pimple of a man.

I also hope we hear, even if it's a tossed off line, that she called the state bar wherever the hell the Brenda!Bot is from and got her ass censured or disbarred.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Syndicate said:

From there, it just spun off into lots of shit that was clearly made up as it went along. SMH!

This describes the "storylines" for what, at least 1/3 of the cast at this point - everyone involved in the Jake/Joss kidney transplant retcon, the  Jason and Jake on Cassadine Island nonsense in addition to the Valentin, Charlotte, Lulu crap.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I think the show needs to find new leads or else put them together and keep them together (like the old soaps where there was one established couple like Edward and Lila who guided the youngsters)

I thought that's what they were doing.  When Jelly took over and got Sonny off Ron's backburner (totally not a euphimism!!), they were all Corinthos, all the time.  Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve that year was all about them and their family.  They were laying it on super thick.  So it felt very stupid to have them suddenly go through marital issues because the picture they were painting for more than a year was that they were matriarch/patriarch of the show.  

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Anna works for the WSB, she would have the highest clearance of anybody in that airport.

Sorry, all I remembered was two big guys taking Alex away.  I guess I wasn't paying attention (as usual).

1 hour ago, Perkie said:

I thought that's what they were doing.  When Jelly took over and got Sonny off Ron's backburner (totally not a euphimism!!), they were all Corinthos, all the time.  Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve that year was all about them and their family.  They were laying it on super thick.  So it felt very stupid to have them suddenly go through marital issues because the picture they were painting for more than a year was that they were matriarch/patriarch of the show.  

Maybe MB put his little feet down and said "nope, I'm not giving up my romantic hero role".  It's stupid because the writers have really given up any ideas on what to do with them.

I'm a bit surprised that Carly didn't snap a picture on her phone of Martina and Sonny in bed.  If she wants to get Martina disbarred, won't she need evidence (other than the baby in 9 months)? 

• Love 2
(edited)

Valentin isn't threatening Charlotte.

I guess a guy who tossed someone out of a window, shot a doctor, and held tourists hostage a summer ago isn't as bad around Charlotte  as the serial killer/rapist/stalker - replete with pedophilia vibe  - around Jake.

I sure am ready for Show to quit subjecting me to "The Life and Times of Beautiful Morgan Corinthos". When are they going to knock this shit off?

Not soon enough.  The ONLY reason that I don't groan louder when they announced yet another actor for a Corinthos storyline is that the new actor serves as a place for my eyes to focus as one portion of my brain still seethes in the illogical central placement of this violent and vile character as the lead character (not to mention MB's diminishing returns on his acting efforts, or lack thereof).  Both Morgan and Kiki came into being when the Rafe and Sabrina characters were failing so they didn't seem that so bad during their introduction.  They were two college kids (Vanderbilt and Vassar or Williams - i think) so Kiki can take it down a notch about passing a nurse's aide test.

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny

I feel bad saying this because I always try to find something positive but I have to say that Dillon is one of the most boring characters ever and his portrayer is so damn dull. To me, there is not one appealing thing about him...no charisma, no grace and no sexuality....he's just...there...and I am not sure what they are doing with him and Kiki because they are as dull as dishwater together...IMO

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, SiouxBee said:

I feel bad saying this because I always try to find something positive but I have to say that Dillon is one of the most boring characters ever and his portrayer is so damn dull. To me, there is not one appealing thing about him...no charisma, no grace and no sexuality....he's just...there...and I am not sure what they are doing with him and Kiki because they are as dull as dishwater together...IMO

I agree about Dillon. It almost seems odd to assess him this way. He's relatively handsome and all but something is missing.

He looks like a Bratz doll, there's no character in his face and no depth in his performances. I think he's okay when he's in scenes with JE or WK because they're so good but totally unengaging otherwise

• Love 3
16 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I skipped all the Jason/Sam scenes

You literally missed nothing.  

Not surprised Sonny is a giant, raging hypocrite, re him banging Martina.  That's been part of his basic personality since he hit Port Charles.  And of course--OF COURSE--the show is already on their way to Sonny and Carly: Part 27.  

• Love 1
(edited)

I skipped all the Jason/Sam scenes

You literally missed nothing.

Her white knit top was worn off-the-shoulder in one scene, and then later it was evened out. There was that. 

Really bad episode. I guess the Valentin/Anna/Nina scenes were the highlight, but I'm getting bored with Valentin screaming at either Anna or "Anna" and then being mollified when she explains yet again that she didn't do whatever, or doesn't remember whatever.  They've really done a horrible job with everything connected with Valentin, so I give JPS a lot of credit for being as good as he is in the role. That is cast-iron professionalism there. 

The Laura Wright version of Carly should always be anti-Sonny. With all three of the previous ones, I more or less believed it when she weakened toward him, but not now. Some of it the "too much water under the bridge" effect of the characters having done this dance for almost 20 years now, but some of it is also the actress.

Edited by Asp Burger
Everything was appearing twice
  • Love 4

I thought in the scene with Dillon and Laura outside Kelly's he was fairly good.  He's horrible with Kiki but then I think she's pretty bad with everyone, including Maura West.  There is just something about her that always shouts "I'm Acting!".

Watching clips from previous years makes me realize just how slow (and boring) the show is right now.  How long has this Chimera thing been going on, and we still don't know anything about it other than it's a bio weapon (yawn)?  Now that Valentin knows it's so dangerous that the WSB wants it fast, is he actually going to do anything about it?  Or just keep talking to Anna, and talking to Nina, and talking to Anna, and talking to Nina and .....  Robert and Sean would have been on that case like a shot.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Now that Valentin knows it's so dangerous that the WSB wants it fast, is he actually going to do anything about it?

He always knew it was dangerous. He sold it to "someone who is now dead," i.e., Helena, and doesn't know where it is. She left it to Jake (in his magic kit). Valentin seems unconcerned that it's unaccounted for.

• Love 1

And I have so many questions about that part.  Helena got her hands on some super dangerous chemical weapon and never got around to using it? 

And would a super dangerous chemical weapon developed, when, in the 80s, even still work, or be that bad?  I'd die if Jake opened the canister and a sad little dust cloud puffed out of it.

• Love 8

Didn't someone a few years back (Jerry Jax?) put a toxin into the PC water supply which was killing residents left & right, while the GH staff worked diligently to identify the poison & after doing so, were only able to create a limited amount of antidote. I remember watching grumpy, old Edward Quatermaine, over Tracy's objections, give his dose of the antidote to young Emma Drake. 

• Love 2