Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Curtis: "[Anna/Alex]'s good." 
Nina: "She's disgusting."
Curtis: "That's what I meant."

Hee.

LOL at Finn's discomfort about Hayden's mysterious lady cycles. Add me to the list of people who liked their scenes. They're going to keep the baby, though. I can't see these writers doing an abortion story. If they don't become parents, it's because something will happen to Hayden/the baby. Illness, accident, etc.

I really disliked Michael berating Nelle for what he overheard on the phone. I know he can't unhear it, but it wasn't the whole conversation. And his blithe "you can find another job" was rich coming from someone who's gotten every job he's ever had because of nepotism.

Nelle gets one good shot in at her mugger, but of course he gets the better of her.

Today we got the explanation why the drug test also included a pregnancy test. And we learned the sample had no identifiers like name or gender. That was nice we got that information.

• Love 7

Let me guess.  Nelly gets beaten up, ruining her only kidney.  Michael is a match and donates his kidney to her.  Twue wuv ensues.

Carly's head explodes. 

• Love 8

If Jake *has* to have a birthday, viewers should see Grandma Monica show up with Danny, and Grandma Laura and/or Lulu show up with Rocco (so we know she remembers she has a son, who wants to play with his cousins) and possibly even Charlotte. We should at least hear mentions of gifts from Grams, Uncle Steven, Aunt Sarah. I'd even accept Hayden showing up to test the waters with Liz's kids (because now she knows she's pregnant). I would love to see Cameron in big brother/cousin mode with Aiden and Rocco, while shooting Liz disgusted looks as he overhears her on Franco propping duty. Instead, therrreeee's Kiki to help with the Franco propping.  Blech. If they need to service this ludicrous storyline, Liz could send Jake and the other kids outside for a few minutes to play, and then ask the adults to let her or Jason know if they hear or see anything strange from Jake, like mention of a scarecrow. 

• Love 8

Sonny and Carly are white noise - I can't really watch them anymore. 

They sure do continue to whine and threaten others for a good chunk of the 37 minutes of each show.  It'd be such a treat to the audience if Sonny retired to his island and Carly went to Australia. Maybe someday someone will share what type of person MB is behind the cameras, because the output on my screen continually leaves me scratching my head as to why he is the leading man.  This past week had me focusing on what props there were in both Carly and Sonny scenes.  While I don't throw all of the blame on FV and the current writers for the preeminence of Sonny and Carly on show, they sure seem keen on providing us with the same lines of dialogue week in and week out for the constant S&C whinefest and their incredibly tone deaf supporters.  This Morgan crap (Ava scenes notwithstanding) is dangerously close to becoming the straw that broke this viewer's GH habit.  

• Love 6

why do people in port charles hang out at those docks? nothing good happens there. why was nelle over there? i guess Michael was walking through there to get to the metro court. is he going to find her on the docks? 

if hayden keeps her baby will she finally have more scenes with liz. are they going to bond over haydens pregnacy. will the baby spend time with jake and Liz's other children stuck in their bedrooms.

how come Carly's lawyer slept with sonny. why does Sonny get so many women?  his hair looks like  its painted on, hes a murderer,a liar, and he has an awful temper.

olvia was pushing carly to stay with sonny. she kept sonny away from dante for most of his life. she didnt like sonnys lifestyle.

when not anna was talking to jordan she couldnt wait for her phone to ring. not anna could care less about Jordan and andres love life.

why do people in port charles hang out at those docks? nothing good happens there. why was nelle over there? i guess Michael was walking through there to get to the metro court. is he going to find her on the docks? 

if hayden keeps her baby will she finally have more scenes with liz. are they going to bond over haydens pregnacy. will the baby spend time with jake and Liz's other children stuck in their bedrooms.

how come Carly's lawyer slept with sonny. why does Sonny get so many women?  his hair looks like  its painted on, hes a murderer,a liar, and he has an awful temper.

olvia was pushing carly to stay with sonny. she kept sonny away from dante for most of his life. she didnt like sonnys lifestyle.

when not anna was talking to jordan she couldnt wait for her phone to ring. not anna could care less about Jordan and andres love life.

On 5/9/2017 at 3:17 PM, Vella said:

I have to laugh at basically everyone siding with Sonny in the divorce, basically chiding Carly to give back his stuff and play nice.  What is the point of her lawyer? Why is this stupid woman still in town? There is NO reason to not fess up to Carly. There is NO reason to get further involved in the lie to the rapid point of doing Sonny's bidding for him.  What an absolute waste of time and energy.

And that was some gross sexist shit playing out with Kristina/Sonny.  She can't pay for her own schooling? She can't ask her MOTHER for help with finances? She actually floats asking a male family member over her own mother for help with money?  Michael, who is maybe a few years older than her? That joke who got EVERYTHING handed to him?  Only the menfolk have money? And it ends with Sonny huffing that HE is the Dad and so HE pays for everything.  WTF is this shit?

I didn't find any of that Kristina stuff believable.  I don't understand why they have her pretending to be a barista. It's a thankless job that you do because you have to. Her spoiled self doesn't have the patience or drive for.

She's prancing around in 4 in heels, crisp mostly white ahirt without a stain in sight and perfectly straightened hair. I worked as a barista for 3 months a few years ago. It's non slip shoes, usually black pants, hair pulled back, and an apron on. 

On top of that her father is a mob boss and she's been kidnapped multiple times yet I'm so believe she can easily work the front counter with no threats.

This is why they need some non rich folks on screen.  It's not believeable to see a trust fund baby working minimum wage. 

• Love 3

What's up with this shows constant baby obsession?!    Robin is still pregnant offscreen and Sam gave birth last month without taking off her pants, RME.   Why does Hayden and Finn need to have a kid in the first place?

Why this show continues to keep Cam and Aiden offscreen makes no sense at all.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, One Tough Cookie said:

Carly, you stupid Bimbo. There is NO SUCH PHRASE as "Sonny and I's".  Is grammar not being taught anymore?

Given how many times I've seen an apostrophe put in a word where none is needed, like "look how many flower's I picked", I don't think so. Not that I'm not incredibly guilty of stuff myself lol but that's just a pet peeve of mine. However, the "Sonny and I's" thing stands out because usually when someone writes "so-and-so and I" they usually think they're going out of their way to be correct.*

*I never know when it's not correct to use it. I suck.

• Love 2
(edited)
56 minutes ago, ulkis said:

*I never know when it's not correct to use it. I suck.

Take the other person out of the sentence.

He went to the store + I went to the store = He and I (or Sonny and I) went to the store. 

Give it to me + Give it to him = Give it to him and me (which is correct, even though I know it sounds wrong.) 

Sonny's scumminess + My scumminess = Sonny's and my scumminess.

But if  you do what sounds right when only one  person is involved, you'll be right almost all of the time. 

Edited by rur
adding scum
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, Darklazr said:

Why does Hayden and Finn need to have a kid in the first place?

Why this show continues to keep Cam and Aiden offscreen makes no sense at all.

Maybe the Hayden actress has told her boss(es) she's pregnant? That seems to be why all women on the show in recent-ish years (aside from KeMo/Sam, and Becky/Liz's Jake pregnancy) get baby storylines.  Aside from inventing storylines to make Jason a baby daddy,  the only non-IRL one that I remember is Robin's unexpected Emma pregnancy.

And I agree that C&A offscreen is nonsense.  Show just wants to keep the on-going drama between Liz and Sam, Franco and Jason over Jason's first born kid. I remember when baby Aiden was talked about non-stop, until first Nikolas and then Lucky left Port Charles.  Now we can't even get a scene of Grandma Laura hugging Aiden and then saying softly with a sad smile (to herself or Liz once he's run off ) that she misses Lucky.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, rur said:

Take the other person out of the sentence.

At the risk of sounding like a cranky olds, don't they teach this trick in school anymore? It's so easy, and you don't need to know about direct objects and subjects and all that pesky grammar.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

At the risk of sounding like a cranky olds, don't they teach this trick in school anymore? It's so easy, and you don't need to know about direct objects and subjects and all that pesky grammar.

When I was teaching,  I taught it, but times change. Sadly, in many places, unless something is going to be "measured" on the state's high-stakes test, it doesn't get taught. And, based on the some of the stories I've heard from some of my former colleagues, teaching something not on the test can subject a teacher to extensive grilling by an evaluating administrator (who probably doesn't know the subject matter anyway). 

So (in a poorly disguised attempt to make this somewhat relevant to the subject thread) I'm glad to be home, watching TFGH, and wondering how come the WRITERS don't know grammar. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, rur said:

wondering how come the WRITERS don't know grammar

The I/me misuse is one of my biggest grammar pet peeves. It's so easy to figure out which to use, so there's no excuse, IMO.

I remember a OLTL BTS with Erika Slezak (Viki) and Forbes March (Nash), and his lines used it incorrectly. Slezak told him, but he was afraid to change the dialogue, so she said she'd correct him as Viki while they were filming. And she did! 

Constance Towers as Helena sometimes corrected people's grammar, and I was never sure if that was CT herself or actually dialogue. Characters correcting grammar is one of my favorite things. I don't care how annoying that makes me!

• Love 8
(edited)
20 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I have senior executives st my company who don't have the first clue about grammar. And these people have MBAs from Ivy League universities! 'Please set up a call with her and I.' I think they're afraid to use 'me' because it sounds too colloquial or something, so they use 'I' instead. And it makes me cringe. 

Edited by Sake614
  • Love 8

Hi all - I've been lurking here forever, since back in the TWP days and you guys are my daily amusement, so thanks.  Anyway, in all this time I've never felt the need to come out until this grammar topic came up.  BIGGEST. PET. PEEVE.  I've always wondered if it is the writers or the actors making the glaring mistakes.  Me/I is an easy one, but don't even get me started on Well vs. Good.   The biggest offender used to be Patrick Drake and it would make me crazy because he is supposed to be a brilliant neurosurgeon.  Did he skip English class?  I am in favor of any character who corrects grammar (though, the character of Carol, on Last Man on Earth may be taking it a bit too far)

Note: I don't fault anyone here, or IRL for screwing up grammar (unless maybe you are a  teacher) but damn, if you are a WRITER or ON TV, you better get it right (newscasters kill me with this stuff)

In other news, I enjoyed Hayden/Finn more than I thought I would.  Sonny and Carly are both huge hypocrites but Sonny is a bigger one and I don't blame Carly for keeping his assets.  And her lawyer, NotBrenda, totally lame - she's supposed to be such a shark?  Not buying it - she seems pretty wimpy to me.   Let's hurry up and realize Anna is really Alex (I know, happens during Nurses Ball).  Enjoying all things Valentin, in spite of his cry-acting.  Nina has also been pretty tolerable lately.   Maxie who?  Don't care about Julian/Alexis; love everything involving Ava.  And Avery is so damn cute she almost makes me want another baby (my youngest is 21, so, not happening)

Happy Mothers Day!

• Love 12
13 hours ago, sunnyface said:

They sure do continue to whine and threaten others for a good chunk of the 37 minutes of each show.  It'd be such a treat to the audience if Sonny retired to his island and Carly went to Australia. Maybe someday someone will share what type of person MB is behind the cameras, because the output on my screen continually leaves me scratching my head as to why he is the leading man.

Sadly, Mama Nalan wouldn't be one of the ones to think of that as a "treat."  She loves him and isn't mad at him for Jax's deportation at all since she rather conveniently forgets that Sonny set the entire mess in motion.  So she'd miss him.

6 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Maybe the Hayden actress has told her boss(es) she's pregnant? That seems to be why all women on the show in recent-ish years (aside from KeMo/Sam, and Becky/Liz's Jake pregnancy) get baby storylines.  Aside from inventing storylines to make Jason a baby daddy,  the only non-IRL one that I remember is Robin's unexpected Emma pregnancy.

And I agree that C&A offscreen is nonsense.  Show just wants to keep the on-going drama between Liz and Sam, Franco and Jason over Jason's first born kid. I remember when baby Aiden was talked about non-stop, until first Nikolas and then Lucky left Port Charles.  Now we can't even get a scene of Grandma Laura hugging Aiden and then saying softly with a sad smile (to herself or Liz once he's run off ) that she misses Lucky.

So?  Women have babies all of the time and it is not necessary to constantly write in their RL pregnancies.   It's like the writers keep going to the baby route when it is lazy, AF.

The show had no problem with writing Ric, Jake/Jason, and AJ around all of Elizabeth's boys and now Cam and Aiden are MIA.  Franco should be dead.

• Love 5

I almost fell out of my chair when I saw on Twitter that Rebecca Budig (character) was pregnant. I feel like the only possible reason it could be is that Rebecca Budig (actress) is pregnant. This show has so many things wrong with it, but unnecessary babies has to be near the top. I actually forgot that Scout (still ugh on the name) was the last baby born. The only good thing with this pregnancy on the show is I feel it will be a tock.

I watched last Thursday, so I saw them being told. Was going to watch Friday over the weekend, but obviously I found better things to do. But I'll probably watch it because I do like both character and actress and read the scenes were good.

I really want to like this show, but they make it so damn hard.

• Love 4
(edited)
14 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I think they're afraid to use 'me' because it sounds too colloquial or something, so they use 'I' instead. And it makes me cringe. 

I think this is definitely it. Which is kinda sad, but I get it. People get so much shit for bad grammar so I'm not surprised by people being afraid of saying the wrong thing.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
(edited)
23 hours ago, In2You said:

I didn't find any of that Kristina stuff believable.  I don't understand why they have her pretending to be a barista. It's a thankless job that you do because you have to. Her spoiled self doesn't have the patience or drive for.

She's prancing around in 4 in heels, crisp mostly white ahirt without a stain in sight and perfectly straightened hair. I worked as a barista for 3 months a few years ago. It's non slip shoes, usually black pants, hair pulled back, and an apron on. 

Like any of wardrobe on the show for anyone is believable? Who do you know that lounges around their home in full makeup with hair done, a cocktail dress and heels? Heck, I've seen patients in GH who've been in a coma that have perfect hair and makeup...! lol

Edited by Lunula
11 minutes ago, Lunula said:

Like any of wardrobe on the show for anyone is believable? Who do you know that lounges around their home in full makeup with hair done, a cocktail dress and heels? Heck, I've seen patients in GH who've been in a coma that have perfect hair and makeup...! lol

Are you seeing the folks who work in the hospital in suits and evening gowns while on duty?  At least make the uniform believable even if the person doing the job is not.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:11 PM, dubbel zout said:

They're [Rebecca Budig and Dr. Michael Easton] going to keep the baby, though. I can't see these writers doing an abortion story. If they don't become parents, it's because something will happen to Hayden/the baby. Illness, accident, etc.

Am I the only speculating that Rebecca Budig will miscarry by wandering into some revenge trap set by Brad against Dr. Michael Easton?

• Love 1

Franco tells the woman he sexually assaulted that they have to deal with each other and expects her to thank him for attacking her husband violently with no provocation, under the guise of "helping". Liz tells them to knock it off like they aren't doing anything more than fighting over a toy. I know Jason needed to talk to Jake, but why would he leave Sam alone with these two?

• Love 4
(edited)

GASP!!!  Aiden escaped from the attic, he even tasted fresh air!!!

Also, Alex swapped places with Anna, duh.  I did notice that her last name is still apparently Marick despite the divorce from Dimitri we heard about on PP AMC.  Though, naturally, that's the least of what these writers need to explain about the milquetoast Alex being up to these kinds of shenanigans.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

It feels like the writers decided "we see you being annoyed by Sonny getting away with everything, so we'll raise you with Julian getting away with everything to take Sonny down." Except that idea is completely laughable, because we all know ain't nobody taking down the "Teflon Don" (please, more like the Tinfoil Twerp). Even Julian couldn't believe how stupid that plan was. And since Julian was seeing reason today, can he please tell Alexis to burn that outfit?

"I don't want to talk about how my dad used to be." Hard same, Jake. Jason still isn't my favorite, but this iteration is much more bearable than what Steve Burton brought to the table. At least this Jason can generate warmth and affection for others.

Do you ever stop to think about how much time these characters spend just staring fixedly at an object? Honestly, who decided the best way to convey something's importance was to stare at it super hard? I get it, the magic kit's pivotal, now show me why.

Poor Cardamom, he didn't get to join Anise at the park.

• Love 11
45 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

GASP!!!  Aiden escaped from the attic, he even tasted fresh air!!!

I literally did a double-take and asked, "Who the heck is that kid?"

• Love 5

Kudso to the kid who plays Jake (who's name escapes me now).  I thought he did a very good job in the scenes with Jason on the bench.  Felt bad for the poor kid, who at the age of 4 had to watch a guy get beaten up on a regular basis.  Got a little dusty in here around that time.  

Aardvark is still a cute kid, I wish they'd let him come out to play more often.  ( I thought his scene with the cookie (with Billy and "Jake") was cute. When Billy walked up to the kids, he said something like "look at you, all grown up" or something like that, like he too is surprised to see this kid that we haven't seen in months.)

Too bad Cadbury wasn't allowed to join his brothers at the park.  

• Love 3

Having watched none of AMC, at least not during Alex or Anna's time on the show, how was their relationship?  I assume that they loved each other very much.  If so, why the hell would Alex do this to Anna?

24 minutes ago, Nalan said:

Having watched none of AMC, at least not during Alex or Anna's time on the show, how was their relationship?  I assume that they loved each other very much.  If so, why the hell would Alex do this to Anna?

Offscreen: Because using Anna for this story would include rewriting her history with the WSB/Robert. Much safer to throw Alex under the bus for Valentin instead.

Onscreen: Alex could be brainwashed.

• Love 2

The kid playing Jake was like straight-up fantastic today. He should quit GH because he can do way better!

The Anna/Valentin/Alex stuff is beyond stupid. I can't believe there was a time I was actually interested in this story.

Why is Alexis wearing that horrible, ill-fitting outfit again? Every scene involving Julian was so stupid. Who was the actor playing the DA? Also, I thought the DA was a woman the last time they were on. LOL.

AIDEN! He's so cute. Poor Cam, still not allowed out of the attic. I'm gonna hope it's because they're in the process of recasting him with a teen.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

The kid playing Jake was like straight-up fantastic today. He should quit GH because he can do way better!

He did an episode of Grey's Anatomy a couple of weeks ago and he was really good.  

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

AIDEN! He's so cute.

He is, but he's also kind of terrible. Casting for the kid roles has to be tough.

The Jake/Jason stuff was pretty good, though Miller's actually kind of awkward with kids, heh. I wish Jason would use Jake's name more instead of calling him "son." 

Did Scott want Alexis at the courthouse for Julian or not? He kept listing everything she'd done wrong, so I couldn't tell.

40 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

The Anna/Valentin/Alex stuff is beyond stupid. I can't believe there was a time I was actually interested in this story.

They're dragging it out waaaay too long, and nothing is happening. Why didn't the nurse give Anna a pencil and paper? Just because she can't speak doesn't mean she can't write.

The British doctor looked really familiar.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Why is Alexis wearing that horrible, ill-fitting outfit again? Every scene involving Julian was so stupid. Who was the actor playing the DA? Also, I thought the DA was a woman the last time they were on. LOL.

That jacket has got to go. I like to think they only give to her to wear when one of the other castmembers is washing all the rest of the characters' clothes.

When they showed the previews I realized I didn't think, "hey what happened to Nelle?" once.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, ulkis said:

When they showed the previews I realized I didn't think, "hey what happened to Nelle?" once.

I'd forgotten she was mugged until I read this. When Michael rushed behind the crates, I was thinking, "Why is he doing that?" Heh.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

AIDEN! He's so cute. Poor Cam, still not allowed out of the attic. I'm gonna hope it's because they're in the process of recasting him with a teen.

I think cute is required with these two kids because Jason and Lucky are their bio fathers.  The Aiden actor seems like he could grow to be a look-a-like of JJ when he first appeared as Lucky at age 11.  It was nice to see Jake with a brother aside from Danny.

Jason saying "You didn't know I was your dad then" was the perfect opening (for writers who would acknowledge Lucky Spencer) to allow Jake to say, "yeah, the only dad I had was Lucky, he's Cam and Aiden's dad."  Jake mentioned recognizing him/remembering him as the guy with the motorcycles - so that means he should remember being raised by Lucky before the kidnapping, too. 

I hope they're in the process of recasting Cam with a teen too (maybe one who resembles Becky H.) but I doubt it. Cam should absolutely be 12 or 13 (even 14??) at this point. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

They're dragging it [the Anna/Alex/Valentin story] out waaaay too long, and nothing is happening.

I think it would have been better to reveal that the fake Anna was Alex as Friday's cliffhanger.  Dropping that in, like, five minutes into the Monday episode was weird.  I mean, they seem to be counting on the audience knowing who "Dr. Merick" is so why not just get to it?

• Love 1

Why do I think the doctor treating Anna is in cahoots with Alex? He's far too eager to keep Anna under sedation. And why, if she isn't able to speak, did the nurse/nun not ask if she could WRITE? I mean, there are other ways to communicate besides verbally. I know, I know, plot. But it's infuriating!

So the beatification of St. Franco is now in full swing. Jason THANKED him. I have no great love for Jason but geez, does everyone have to bow before the great and powerful Robert Frank "Franco" Baldwin? UGH.

I echo others' statements about Alexis' clothes. I absolutely HATE that outfit and wish it would mysteriously vanish from the studio, never to be seen again.

Did anything else happen? Oh yeah, Alex and Valentin were making out until he suddenly snatched her necklace and growled something about the Chimera.

• Love 1