Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Nathan was trying to buy a plane ticket but couldn't afford one.  I guess no one told him about the PC wormhole.

How convenieeeeent, lol. 

• Love 2
(edited)
39 minutes ago, ulkis said:

This whole chimera thing reminds me of when they used to say "proteus" on All My Children a bajillion times.

It made me think of "Mission: Impossible 2" because that was the name of the McGuffin in that movie.  It almost killed Thandie Newton, how could you, Helena!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
31 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Nathan was trying to buy a plane ticket but couldn't afford one.

I'm certain Nina would help him out. "Convenient" doesn't begin to cover it. The show doesn't even try.

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Nathan was trying to buy a plane ticket but couldn't afford one

And yet the murder hobo has plenty of money and can show up at Cassadine Island. 

• Love 8
56 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The show doesn't even try.

This is the worst part imo. I mean maybe if I thought they were really trying I could put up with how bad it is, but they don't fucking try at all. It's offensive how little they care.

• Love 6

I loved the fact Jason tells Franco (on Cassadine Island in Greece)..."Leaving you here, now I gotta go to my son's birthday party...ta!"  Good thing PC has a wormhole cause everybody is waiting back home for Jason.

I hate this Valentin/FauxAnna stuff.  Come to think of it there isn't much of anything these days that is interesting.

But we did have a Helena sighting!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, OhioSongbird said:

I loved the fact Jason tells Franco (on Cassadine Island in Greece)..."Leaving you here, now I gotta go to my son's birthday party...ta!"  Good thing PC has a wormhole cause everybody is waiting back home for Jason.

That cracked me up, too. Like it was a 20-minute trip home. (With a wormhole, it probably is.)

• Love 7
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought Anubis and Charon were already at summer camp.

But it's not summer yet.  School still in for another month.  

2 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Nathan was trying to buy a plane ticket but couldn't afford one.  I guess no one told him about the PC wormhole.

and

1 hour ago, ciarra said:

And yet the murder hobo has plenty of money and can show up at Cassadine Island. 

Because I had nothing better to do, I looked it up.  Flight from NY to Portland (tomorrow) cost $806, while a flight from NY to Athens cost $1035.  I was actually surprised at how expensive the Portland one was.  Though having said that, a police detective can't afford that?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Perkie said:

and

Because I had nothing better to do, I looked it up.  Flight from NY to Portland (tomorrow) cost $806, while a flight from NY to Athens cost $1035.  I was actually surprised at how expensive the Portland one was.  Though having said that, a police detective can't afford that?

I guess he could have splurged it all on the wedding. And he got Maxie a bunch of expensive gifts. Whatever, Det Tree. He can quit the PCPD and drive over there.

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also, are Jake's brothers not coming to his birthday party?  LET CAMERON AND AIDEN OUT OF THE ATTIC, LIZ!!!

THIS. Actually, Cameron is the one who should have a birthday party (not now-during his b-day month) to kick-off a teen story with Josslyn and other kids. I want to see some attitude about his mom's life choices, his dad not being around, and the attention Jake gets.  Has Cam ever had a b-day party? I remember a b-day party for Jake in the park (I think his first b-day?) and Lucky, Liz and Cam sort of celebrating Aiden with brownies Liz made.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, Perkie said:

We must be looking at different websites. I found flights from JFK to PDX for $437. 

Even if Nathan can't afford the trip, why not take a loan from Nina? Or here's a novel idea: take the bus!

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

THIS. Actually, Cameron is the one who should have a birthday party (not now-during his b-day month) to kick-off a teen story with Josslyn and other kids.

Seriously.  I need a teen Cam who hates Franco's guts.  And it'd be interesting and different and fresh to see Liz dealing with a surly teenager, I dunno why they are so afraid to pull this trigger.

13 minutes ago, Vera said:

Even if Nathan can't afford the trip, why not take a loan from Nina? Or here's a novel idea: take the bus!

Yes, he could take that cross-country bus Kiki and Dillon tried to take on NYE!

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, Vera said:

We must be looking at different websites. I found flights from JFK to PDX for $437. 

The bus would take too long if all he got was a couple of days off. Which is why I said he should just quit. 

• Love 1
(edited)
14 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

Every day I think, "This is terrible."  And every day Jelly say, "We have more!  Same quality!"  

I see people asking for them to get fired and I think "what for?" They'll get someone just as bad. And I don't think they need the smack to the ego like Ron did. What the show needs is a cancellation date and the writing will probably improve a bit. That or ABC selling GH to another company.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

For most kids, yes. But Agamemnon and Cronus? They got out early.

Oh my gosh, I laughed out loud.  Agamemnon is one of those nonsense words that I randomly throw out there so to have it show up, in the C&A game, well, you made my night.   

Ok, I need clarification on this chimera nonsense.  Weeks ago, when real Anna was still here, and Valentin was all wooby and accusatory, the understanding I got was that she had asked him to steal files for her because he was the tech/computer guy.  I thought they were actual files, like folders with important papers in them.  But now it seems chimera was a canister of some deadly toxin.  WTH??

Then, Valentin somehow decides to sell the canister to Helena, who then hangs onto it for TWENTY years, to now send it to Jake on his birthday, even though it's after her own death.  She wouldn't have used it on Luke and Laura over the years, even though they were her greatest vendetta?  No, she saves it for now?  WUh?

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

now it seems chimera was a canister of some deadly toxin

A canister with graphics.  Too bad they don't spend the money on writing that they do on props. 

I haven't been that bummed to see a thermos since the Lulu/embryo debacle.  Nothing good ever comes of thermoses (thermi?) on this show.

Edited by ciarra
spelling is important.
  • Love 4

Just give us the not-Anna reveal already.  Not-Anna (I'm assuming Alex) is being downright coquettish and that's completely OOC. And I thought Andre was some sort of super profiler for the WSB, so now he just looks silly.

Why is Kiki still wearing that weird print thing that she had on during Tracy's goodbye?  Everyone else has moved on to a different day. Did wardrobe forgot to tell her to change?

Valentine forgot to cry when begging Nina to stay (idiot - good riddance!).  Maybe he was dehydrated.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

So this Chimera thing is a virus?  And now Jake has the virus and probably a post-hypnotic suggestion to unleash it on Port Charles? 

No biggie. They can bring Robin in for a quick visit and she will cure it all up.

Didn't they do this just a few years ago with RC's water virus? Maybe this virus will reverse the effects of that one and they'll all stop being boring and terrible all the time - and Franco will die.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, amaranta said:

Just give us the not-Anna reveal already.  Not-Anna (I'm assuming Alex) is being downright coquettish and that's completely OOC. And I thought Andre was some sort of super profiler for the WSB, so now he just looks silly.

They did the same mistake as with the Nelle secret, not letting the audience in on it.

• Love 3

Was there a news preemption today about the Comey affair, or what? The version of the show I watched (at a site that shall remain nameless) was only 21 minutes long.  

Not that I felt very deprived. Did General Hospital decide that a bold new "gay S&M" direction was the secret to higher ratings? 

Complete honesty compels me to admit that the Staff has never looked prettier than in the recent shows, and her acting (though still mannered) is bothering me less than it usually does.  

• Love 2
15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I thought Anubis and Charon were already at summer camp.

Clark and Andy are at Gram's house meeting with her lawyer to draw up emancipation papers for the two of them. Grammy is tired, so Clark and Andy may as well start taking care of their damn selves. I guarantee they'll do a better job than having the dirty murderhobo as their 'father figure'.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

He will be the only one to survive the virus because he will be chained up in Greece.

The grease in his hair is a toxin serum, which will save him.  

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Vera said:

Who was Not-Anna on the phone with? 

Actual Anna, I suspect.

9 hours ago, amaranta said:

And I thought Andre was some sort of super profiler for the WSB, so now he just looks silly.

And since he seems to act and talk  like he has a broomstick up his butt all the time, I find it hard to like him at all.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, rur said:
9 hours ago, amaranta said:

And I thought Andre was some sort of super profiler for the WSB, so now he just looks silly.

And since he seems to act and talk  like he has a broomstick up his butt all the time, I find it hard to like him at all.

I know. This makes me legit sad, because Anna and André were nice as friends. I had to laugh at him getting all insulted that she had the nerve to want to keep her medical stuff private. Even if it were really Anna, people were getting very intrusive with her. She doesn't need a reminder every other day to get a phlebotomy. Gah.

Why do we think the Chimera is a virus? Did I miss something? I had a frisson of dread that the container held another e*****, and it was sent to Jake as some sort of taunt.

• Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Was there a news preemption today about the Comey affair, or what? The version of the show I watched (at a site that shall remain nameless) was only 21 minutes long.  

Yea, the first half of my airing was preempted for the press conference. I never bothered to watch what I missed.

8 hours ago, Vera said:

I'm with @rur in thinking it's the real Anna.

45 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Why do we think the Chimera is a virus? Did I miss something? 

I didn't even think about it being a virus. Although I didn't even think about it at all lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
(edited)
21 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Why do we think the Chimera is a virus?

Anna said to Valentin that it was "a deadly toxin that someone could unleash"    I beleive those words are verbatim, though I don't feel like looking up transcripts to confirm that.  

edited to add:  I tried to find transcripts for yesterday's epi but couldn't, though I write the daily recap column for Daytime Confidential, so I write notes while I'm watching, and this is what I had written down, so I'm sure it's what was said, and not something that I pulled out of my butt!

27 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:
8 hours ago, Vera said:

I'm with @rur in thinking it's the real Anna.

The first part of the conversation she says "I;m making progress and I plan on getting what we need."  Which made me think Anna.  Then she says: "I wants this as much as you do."  Which made me think not Anna, but someone who wants the chimera.  LIke possibly Faison.  

That made me think it was Faison in a Anna mask, but it would be hard to pretend to be a woman.  So then I thought Britt in an Anna mask since she's been hanging out with her dad and she's a woman.  

Yes, I've been overthinking this.  

Edited by Perkie
1 hour ago, Perkie said:

The first part of the conversation she says "I;m making progress and I plan on getting what we need."  Which made me think Anna.  Then she says: "I wants this as much as you do."  Which made me think not Anna, but someone who wants the chimera.  LIke possibly Faison.  

ngl I would love to see Faison again, so I hope you're on to something here.

• Love 3
(edited)

Jumping into the water to maybe swim upstream a bit re yesterday's episode:

Will anyone be surprised if Jake chooses to do a magic act at the Nurses' Ball?

... I didn't think so.

As for the rest of yesterday, what was with Jason's thinking (or lack thereof) by leaving Franco chained on CI? Is this a plot device so Franco can learn more about the Chimera by continuing to be on the island? I've resigned myself with being confused about the history of this story and am just going with the flow in the present.

As well, I shall value the appearance of a true villain - one for whom the writers didn't have to twist plots and characters to redeem. No contrived redemption necessary because Helena survived for years as a viable, memorable GH character.

I did appreciate the scenes with Nathan and Nina yesterday - even if I don't always take to MS's acting style. She is his best acting partner and he portrays the protective brother believably. In addition, his presence is a reminder of WHY Nina became so mentally unbalanced for a while and WHY she is becoming so insecure about Valentin's fidelity. Some fans will focus on Nina's bad deeds - and she has VERY bad actions on her record. However, I appreciated the reminder of WHY she became that person who did those things - the woman who was betrayed by the man she loved and married when still very young (remember Silas?) and the woman who was put in 20-year coma by her nasty mother. Nina has put her love and trust into Valentin and this love and trust is being shaken to her vulnerable core. So, while I may not like how MS interprets this story, I have to admit that I can see some rationale for Nina’s actions and feelings based on the character’s history.

… and that is more than I’ve said about Nina in one very long time.

Unna is starting to wear a bit thin for me. Of course, I enjoy seeing the very talented Finola play this variation on her character. However, I want to move forward more quickly now. And who is the person she was talking to at the end of yesterday’s episode? I continue to be intrigued by the nuances between JPS and FH in their scenes.

Kiki, Kiki, Kiki everywhere – talk about being the promoted ingénue with a presence in most stories on the canvas!!

And now about Valerie – who provided my favorite highlight from yesterday. One reason I liked those scenes was that both Valerie and Jordan showed a lot more class and character than many of the other women-in-conflict on this show. Valerie made her points with calm, cool, well-measured words – none of the ranting, raving and raised voices that we often see in such scenes. And Jordan listened and appeared to have really heard what Valerie was saying. I was proud of the way BOTH women handled the situation.

But, more importantly, Valerie’s words to Jordan were justified. In fact, some of those words spoke directly to what Jordan said to Valerie at the PCPD just before Valerie ended her relationship with Curtis. Jordan to Valerie last October: “I'm not gonna tell you to break up with him, okay? But I got to tell you -- the longer that you stay in a relationship with Curtis, the greater the odds that he's gonna jeopardize your job and God knows what else.” Coming from one’s boss in one’s place of employment, these are loaded words! So I appreciated seeing Valerie have a chance to address Jordan’s hypocrisy on the Curtis issue.

I also like that Jordan is processing what Valerie said to her. As Jordan said to Curtis as she left, this is about “me” – not Valerie, not him, but about her own motives and actions (past and present).

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Didn't they do this just a few years ago with RC's water virus?

This will be at least 4 toxic spill/deadly virus storylines they have done in the past ten or so years.  There was the Monkey Virus, Toxic Balls, Water Virus and now the potential Chimera Toxin/Virus.

• Love 1

So, yes, Jake will probably unleash Chimera at the Nurses Ball. A place where many of those hated by Helena would be certain to congregate. Perhaps there will be a Coven number onstage that will prompt Jake, when (for whatever reason) they all shout out "Little man!"

• Love 1

Damn, there was some major league retcon going on yesterday! I thought Helena was afraid of Valentin? Terrified in fact. He was supposed to be the evilest of evil Cassadines. Evil enough to make even the mighty Helena tremble at the mention of his name. The way she sneered at him in the 'flashback' laid that idea to rest once and for all. I mean, I'd say that because Jelly didn't write the original story they don't remember, but they obviously do. Because a few months ago, Alexis said the same thing: that Helena was terrified of him! So which is it Show?

The whole scene with Jake was utterly ridiculous. First, if the kid isn't allowed to open his presents until his father returns -- and you have absolutely no clue when that will be -- why are they out in the open like that? I could understand if the party was that evening. But it clearly will not be for a few days at least, so either put the damn things away or let him open them! And then Kiki showing up with instructions from Franco to deliver HIS present immediately? WTF? And then the 'delivery man' showing up with Helena's box of majig

Speaking of Kiki, why is she wearing the same beach coverup dress that she wore to Tracy's brunch? There's no way it's the same day in PC! Does she have no other clothes?

I have to admit I took perverse pleasure in Jason knocking out Franco and chaining him to the wall. Maybe Jason will forget to send someone to release him? No one in PC knows Franco is on CI, so he could just plead ignorance when Liz starts wringing her hands about Franco's whereabouts.

The only good thing to come out of the CI scenes was Helena. Constance Towers looks amazing! The woman is what? 80 something? I wish I looked that good now and I'm only 57! 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

The whole scene with Jake was utterly ridiculous. First, if the kid isn't allowed to open his presents until his father returns -- and you have absolutely no clue when that will be -- why are they out in the open like that? I could understand if the party was that evening. But it clearly will not be for a few days at least

Given Jason was all "Gotta go, my son's party awaits!" I'd bet it IS the same day and he travelled to Greece through the infamous PC wormhole.  

• Love 4
12 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:
13 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

and Franco will die.

Nah. He will be the only one to survive the virus because he will be chained up in Greece.

Hopefully it's full of Nair, and Jake will give the canister to his best bud, and we won't have to gaze on Franco's greasy tresses any more.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I have to admit I took perverse pleasure in Jason knocking out Franco and chaining him to the wall. Maybe Jason will forget to send someone to release him? No one in PC knows Franco is on CI, so he could just plead ignorance when Liz starts wringing her hands about Franco's whereabouts.

Thank you so much for the several minutes of pleasant reverie that this idea gave me.

• Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, Perkie said:
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Why do we think the Chimera is a virus?

Anna said to Valentin that it was "a deadly toxin that someone could unleash"    I beleive those words are verbatim, though I don't feel like looking up transcripts to confirm that.  

Okay, so I did miss something. I FFed through a lot of their scenes. I just can't with them anymore.

2 hours ago, Aurora2 said:

Valerie made her points with calm, cool, well-measured words

I could not disagree more, LOL. I thought Valerie sounded like a bratty teenager with Jordan. And why isn't some of that anger directed at Curtis? He's just as much to blame. Ugh. Shut up, Valerie.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

I like Daya Vaidya the actress and would like to see her fit in with more storylines. The Sonny plot is really stupid. Real life: Lawyer walks into conference room, sees person she knows on other side. Taken aback for two minutes. Takes client outside and tell them she has a conflict and will refer them to new counsel. Tells lawyer for other side the same. Sends letter to client saying she has a conflict with the other party and giving her the county referral service number. Refund the retainer. The end.

I like the real outdoors scenes, it adds some depth to the show.

• Love 1

Apparently Martina is the only family law attorney in the country who can adequately represent Carly right now. It's so incredibly stupid. There's no reason except this idiotic plot point that this is happening.

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Okay, so I did miss something. I FFed through a lot of their scenes. I just can't with them anymore.

I could not disagree more, LOL. I thought Valerie sounded like a bratty teenager with Jordan. And why isn't some of that anger directed at Curtis? He's just as much to blame. Ugh. Shut up, Valerie.

While I thought Valerie was a bit bitchy, she was right and stayed calm.  Jordan spent months telling Valerie that Curtis was bad news…then hooks up with him once Andre threw her over.  Looks shady and I'm glad Valerie said something rather than staying silent & seething.

• Love 5
(edited)

It's nice that in the midst of her joy for Olivia, Carly found the opportunity to shit on AJ. Really, Carly, you've still got a grudge against AJ? You robbed the man of his son while you got everything you wanted, then your mobster husband murdered him, but yeah, sure, AJ is the bad guy here. These unnecessary petty comments fill me with rage every time, because there's no reason for AJ to continuously be this show's whipping dog.

And don't even get me started on Olivia pushing Carly towards Sonny. Olivia, of all people, knows just how toxic Sonny can be, so it's stupid that she wants Carly to reconcile with Sonny. 

The last thing this show needs is another fucking pregnancy storyline. Finn can barely handle Roxy, he and Hayden don't need a baby. 

Fake Anna can barely keep up the charade, it's ludicrous that no one has picked up on her weirdness. This town has a wormhole, but there's not a functioning brain to be found for miles around.

Edited by Linny
  • Love 15