Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

"Are you divorcing Sonny or defending him?" Carly's doing both concurrently, just like always. But Martina's new to town so I'll give her a pass for that question. Carly definitely seemed to have misgivings about Martina's suggestion that they pull no punches with the divorce. She's going to feel sorry for Sonny, then find out about the sex with Martina and start the cycle of dumb drama all over again. 

I hate that Ava has to grovel to see her own child. She shouldn't have told Michael that he's just like Sonny, because he'll take that as a badge of honor.

Seeing Sam talk to Franco pisses me off every time, and it especially did today because there was zero point to their scenes. Jason's scenes were just as boring. If that was him trying to be a badass then I'm not impressed.  

Oh, hey, they returned to the real outside park. So now I verifiable proof that watching the grass grow is more interesting than watching Michael and Nelle. 

• Love 9
(edited)
15 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

The very cute Avery was a bright spot, at least.

Avery has grown a lot! She's a cutie.

At the beginning of the show, Franco was being a prick, after snotty Liez said he was part of the "alliance" and deserved to hear whatever Sam was planning to say about Jake. LOL that Sam was planning to tell Liez something about JASON, not Jake. Franco is rude and really awful, disrespectful, and insensitive, and some of those traits are rubbing off on Liez.

If you lie down with dogs, Liez, you get up with fleas.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Avery has grown a lot! She's a cutie.

Loved her jibber jabber with Ava.  And Maura went along with whatever she was saying.  

• Love 3
(edited)

Here's my problem: in order for me to feel sorry for Brad, you have to make Brad somewhat rootable or likeable. He's neither. I enjoyed him with Britt because they were entertaining, but Brad has always been scummy. He stopped doing scummy things because of Lucas, but his inner core never changed.

I've never denied he was left out of the loop and sort of messed around by Finn. Finn IS arrogant, and the way he handled the whole thing with just selling the proceeds and handing them to the hospital without consulting Brad, was wrong. But in the moment, he didn't exactly have time to call Brad or have Brad paged to say "is this okay?" I guess Finn thought logically, that Brad would be grateful that the money was used to keep the hospital open. Brad is obviously not grateful about that,  so that bad character judgement is all on Finn. Still-Finn should have been shown as making an effort to explain it all to Brad. Finn also shouldn't  have laughed in Brad's face. And I don't remember a moment when Brad was told onscreen what Finn did to save the hospital. He may have learned offscreen-I think we are supposed to assume so, anyway.

In the end though-it doesn't matter, because nothing Finn did, justifies Brad's actions in conspiring with Dr O to make Finn look like he's still using. Brad is wrong-even if I can sympathize with his jealousy over Finn and his anger over expecting a payout and not getting it. Finn is also wrong in that he's been dismissive, rude and snide to Brad. It would be nice if both men realized they were wrong and owned up to it, and worked together to bring down Dr O instead of the other way around. Do something unpredictable for once, show.

And stop making characters woobies. I like Finn as he is-and out of Finn, Lucas, Brad and Griffin, Finn has the most personality in the room. You don't have to make him a victim all the time. Those that like him already, don't need to see it, and those that don't like him by now, aren't going to. Going the "poor Finn" route every other week is pointless.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2

how many months has it been since morgan died? they dont stop talikng about him. when are they going to find out about those switched pills ? lithium comes in different dosages.

how can carly say sonny is a good father? he killed Michaels real dad, michael was in a coma because of sonnys lifestyle.

• Love 4

Wow, Sam's top was ugly.

Why do they keep acting as if Sonny sleeping with Martina is going to destroy the divorce case? She's the only one in trouble here. Carly can get another lawyer.

Ugh, of course Sonny says Martina was the aggressor. His penis was helpless to resist.

I used to kind of feel sorry for Michael being stuck in the middle, but he's actively putting himself there, so any damage to him is his fault.

How did Michael leave Sonny's house without running into Ava? He went out the front door literally less than a minute before she rang the doorbell.

3 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

because nothing Finn did, justifies Brad's actions in conspiring with Dr O to make Finn look like he's still using.

I don't think anyone has been saying Brad is justified in messing with Finn's tests. People are annoyed that Brad was cheated out of his fair share of the drug profits and that Finn is acting as if Brad's anger isn't legitimate.

36 minutes ago, Linny said:

I hate that Ava has to grovel to see her own child.

It's so gross. For someone who claims to not use kids as pawns, that's exactly what he's doing here.

• Love 7
(edited)

Sonny and Carly are both the absolute worst.  Carly saying it's going to be hard for Avery if Sonny takes her out of the country because she won't be able to see her brother and sisters but not one damn word what it's going to be like for her not to be able to see her mother at all.  Also not one word about Joss not being able to see Jax in her own home.

Michael needs to get a life that's not about trying to keep Sonny and Carly together.

Someone needs to tell Charlotte it's illegal to pick flowers in a public park.  I guess it's not going to be mob son Michael.

What a boring episode.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3
(edited)
34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think anyone has been saying Brad is justified in messing with Finn's tests. People are annoyed that Brad was cheated out of his fair share of the drug profits and that Finn is acting as if Brad's anger isn't legitimate.

I never claimed anyone has been saying that.  Personally, the whole thing is just another example of the writers giving us crap that makes NO sense. They don't even want to clarify if Brad knew what Finn did with the money. It's awful and stupid. I can't even bother to get annoyed-to me it's a waste of energy.

What a boring episode.

This might as well be a tag for every show from last Friday until the end.

Edited by IWantCandy71
2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Taken from Oracle42 in the spoiler thread, re; possible Nathan/Kristina.

Where have I been? Whaaa? I thought this regime was having Kristina go after another woman? <Confused> (Goes off to the spoiler thread.)

50 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Wow, Sam's top was ugly.

I thought it was fine, but seemed a bit odd to wear to take Scout to the hospital.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

Franco's ridiculous hair makes his scenes slightly less painful to watch - fingers crossed for a Man Bun.

Can you just imagine how funny the scene would be to watch Franco putting his greasy hair in a man bun? The finger licking, the wisp tucking, the posing, the bobby pins stuck in, the hairspray and mousse....

• Love 1
(edited)

If Franco gets a Man Bun, I want it paired with a samurai sword.

I know this is a stupid question to ask but ..... if Ava has part custody of Avery, would Sonny even be allowed to take her out of the country?  I know that where I live  one parent can't take a child out of the country without written permission from the other.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5
41 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Wow, Sam's top was ugly.

It's supposed to be so fashionable right now to have the top slip down over one or more shoulders and a bra strap of  a different color showing. Ivanka Trump wore an expensive designer dress with ersatz bra straps showing to one official occasion when she was on TV, and some people were surprised or shocked by the style.

(edited)

The only scenes I watched were the ones involving Avery. She's so adorable.

Even in fast forward I was so irate over pretty much every single scene in this ep.

It's really time to stop giving even the one shit I still give about this show.

Edited by peachmangosteen
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

if Ava has part custody of Avery, would Sonny even be allowed to take her out of the country?  I know that where I live  one parent can't take a child out of the country without written permission from the other.

It wouldn't matter: Sonny would bully Ava into signing whatever document was necessary to get permission. Ugh.

• Love 7

Other than Ned, is there any male character on this show who is a decent guy?  For me there's nothing to pick between Sonny, Jason and Julian;  Valentine was complicit in abusing Lulu and is keeping her daughter from her; Michael doesn't care how dirty Sonny is as long as he can keep him with Carly; there's nothing to pick between Finn and Brad; Nathan is set to cheat on Maxie and don't even get me started on Franco.

Maybe Dante, Dillon and Griffin but that's probably cause they're barely there.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It is really gross.  And extremely repetitive, Sonny and Ava have been doing this same dance for sooo looong.

I think it's because they don't know what else to do with Ava.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Other than Ned, is there any male character on this show who is a decent guy?  For me there's nothing to pick between Sonny, Jason and Julian;  Valentine was complicit in abusing Lulu and is keeping her daughter from her; Michael doesn't care how dirty Sonny is as long as he can keep him with Carly; there's nothing to pick between Finn and Brad; Nathan is set to cheat on Maxie and don't even get me started on Franco.

Dante cheated on his wife with her cousin and they both turned it around to be her fault and Griffin as a priest slept with a married woman. Maybe Dillon, Kevin and Mac? And Kevin/Mac are barely on...

• Love 3
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

THIS.  

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

tell Charlotte it's illegal to pick flowers in a public park. 

Really??  

• Love 2

Ava has full legal custody because Sonny was on tape threatening to kill her.  Yet she has to beg to see her own daughter for five minutes in the park because Carly has a video of Ava and Paul, two consenting adults, having sex together.  How does any of that make any sense?  

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Lucas (who?) too.

At least we're gonna see Kevin tomorrow, even if the poor doctor has to deal with Lulu.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, lor said:

when are they going to find out about those switched pills ? lithium comes in different dosages.

Andre figured that out today. Carly gave him the lab report and he noticed the dosage was 300 mg. He immediately called his office to check because he said he prescribed 600 mg. So I'm sure he'll tell Carly, who will tell Sonny, and someone will figure out Ava did something. Personally I wish they'd just let the whole stupid thing drop. I'm sick to death of hearing about poor sainted Morgan and seeing those damn flashbacks of Ava switching the pills.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Do the writers understand or even care how sadistic and devoid of empathy it makes Liz look when she is constantly invalidating and dismissing Sam's discomfort in having to interact with her sexual assaulter? Franco saw that Sam was uncomfortable and was willing to walk away (half-point for Franco not being a disgusting waste of space for that moment), but Liz called him back and told Sam that he was to stay, that he was part of their alliance. Shut up, Liz, there is no alliance. Sam wasn't even trying to talk to you about Jake.

Heaven forbid Sam be concerned about her daughter's health after what she went through with Danny. Shut up, Liz. It could be nothing or it could be something. If YOU had been proactive in getting your son the care he needed immediately upon his return home, maybe he wouldn't be so troubled now.

And Liz telling Sam that she was being patient with her as a thank you for Sam being so patient with everything about Jake? Elizabeth, doing your damn job for Sam because she is concerned about Scout's health is NOT the same as constantly forcing Sam to be in the same space as Franco. She can stay quiet with her fake "I know it must be difficult."

I totally agree with everything you just said. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Perkie said:

Ava has full legal custody because Sonny was on tape threatening to kill her.  Yet she has to beg to see her own daughter for five minutes in the park because Carly has a video of Ava and Paul, two consenting adults, having sex together.  How does any of that make any sense?  

It's Sonny&Jason world.  Good is Bad and Bad is Good.  It's why I have to keep stop watching this show repeatedly.  And then something like JE leaving happens and it sucks me back in.

In my town, it's illegal to pick flowers (or grape leaves) in public parks.  I don't know the rules in Port Charles.

Michael is a dam fool. He should be realizing that what Snarly and Sonny are doing to Avery is the exact same thing that they did to him; keeping children away from their bio parent.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Pretty sure it's illegal in any town in the USA to pick flowers from a public park, it's considered criminal vandalism or something like that. Or even theft, depending upon where you live.

Really??? Then I guess I should've been arrested countless times lol! All kids pick flowers in parks. It's not the Botanical Gardens or a National Park, it's just a local park.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Really??? Then I guess I should've been arrested countless times lol! All kids pick flowers in parks. It's not the Botanical Gardens or a National Park, it's just a local park.

Maybe it's one of those things no one enforces because it's too difficult to catch people in the act. I think state parks are a different story because flowers there are growing wild? Not sure. City parks often pay for flowers to be planted and maintained.

Ava and Sonny constantly fighting over Avery is why Jasam having to play nice with Franco for Jake's sake is bullshit. Carson stay trying to steal her from her mom. Ava may be terrible but Avery is her kid. Just cause Carson play war games with theirs isn't on Ava.

There was no point to Sam's scenes today. I hate the fact that she had to apologize for worrying about her baby's health when her other invisible child had cancer as a baby.

• Love 3

I want to know how Ava, seen a zillion times dumping pills from one pill bottle to another, knew how many pills should be there without counting them?  The numbers matched exactly with Morgan's diary.

If they're so desperate to rehab Nelly's character, why didn't she see more of Ava rummaging under Morgan's bed for the dropped pill bottle?  All Nelly saw was Ava "looking for my lipstick that I dropped". 

I think the Sam/Liz nonsense was supposedly mothers bonding over caring for their children (when they're not fobbing them off on various babysitters and family members). 

Valentin and Nina were so desperate to get custody from Charlotte away from Lulu because Lulu saw her as a possession and not a child, and now most times we see Charlotte she is with Nelle the nanny.

• Love 1

If confronted about Morgan having the wrong dosage of lithium all Ava has to do is keep her cool and tell Sonny that she wasn't Morgan's pharmacist and she knows nothing about the dosage of Morgan's meds.  But the truth will come out because Sonny always wins.   

• Love 4
(edited)
13 hours ago, ulkis said:

I think it's because they don't know what else to do with Ava.

I'm torn, because I like Maura West, but honestly the most logical story for both Ava and Scummy is for them to become involved. There isn't anybody else on canvas who is a criminal that would understand the other's life choices. If neither wants to get out of the business, then spare the other characters from looking like idiots and let them be each other's soul mate. I don't wanna watch Ava trying and failing to be a 'good' person because of some dude, and putting Scummy with any other woman that's not in the business just makes them look stupid for tryna 'change' him with her love. Blech. In all these years, no woman has successfully gotten him out of the mob so if TPTB are gonna leave him there, then just pair him with another criminal who is as power hungry as he is. So if they're not gonna go the Blacklist route w/Scummy like I want them to, then this 'Sonny is the world's bestest mob boss of the world ever' shit is just tedious.

The less said about smirking, bitchface Liez and her dirty murderhobo, the better.

Edited by Badsamaritan
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

Ava and Sonny constantly fighting over Avery is why Jasam having to play nice with Franco for Jake's sake is bullshit.

Just because Sonny is an abusive, whiny asshole doesn't mean Jason and Sam have to be, too. It's not as if Jason, Sam, Elizabeth, and Franco are having dinner dates together. I don't care if their civility is a thin veneer, it's better than watching them all snipe at one another the way Sonny, Carly, and Ava do.

11 hours ago, ciarra said:

If they're so desperate to rehab Nelly's character, why didn't she see more of Ava rummaging under Morgan's bed for the dropped pill bottle?  All Nelly saw was Ava "looking for my lipstick that I dropped". 

I can totally see this coming up again. Nelle hears something and it twigs her memory. 

• Love 1

I watched the show last night after reading this board and expected Liz to be acting like a bitch to Sam.  I'm still waiting for those scenes.  I mean, the Franco relationship is problematic (to say the least), but I don't see Liz demanding Sam be nice to him.  She just said "look, we can send  him away, but I'm going to tell him whatever you tell me anyway, so your choice."  And, beg to differ, but Jason being in Greece WAS/IS about Jake, so Sam's "it's not about Jake" was bull.  It seems like some want there to be tension between the two to a greater extent than the show is displaying.  

On another topic, STFU Michael.  Acting like he was Avery's bodyguard against Big, Bad Ava was ridiculous.  Ava is right: he truly embodies a lot of the crap that makes up Sonny's personality.  And I hate--HATE--this continued bullying the assorted Corinthii due against her where Avery is concerned.  Yeah, Ava is an awful person.  So is Sonny.  So is Carly.  Even playing field right there, so they can suck it with their 'holier than thou' attitude.

• Love 12
(edited)

Yeah, but part of the reason Ava, Sonny and Carly's sniping has gotten old is that's all they do. Liz's smug smirk has gotten old too but Sam needs some sass to put some spring in her step. Everytime she appears on screen lately I have the urge to throw cold water on her.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

I know I just said this yesterday, but I cannot believe how boring the writers are making Sonny and Carly's divorce.  I mean, Carly sitting around writing mournfully in a journal?  GMAFB.

So Kristina is roommates with Amy 2.0.  My nightmare would be to be trapped in that apartment.

What a waste of Kevin.

• Love 7

So it's the same PC day as yesterday, and very little time has elapsed because it's still broad daylight, yet somehow in that small timeframe Franco got from the hospital to Greece. The PC wormhole is still amazingly effective, I guess. The Greece scenes looked embarrassingly low rent, like the set was cobbled together with leftovers from a haunted house and Franco's the crazy carnie in charge.

Nice of Kristina to pinch-hit for Michael in supporting Sonny. I'm curious about the ebullient way she talked about Amy; has she developed another unrequited crush or does she just consider Amy to be her best friend? It'd be nice if they invested time in Kristina's bisexuality for reasons other than Emmy baiting.

Did Anna and Valentin do anything other than shout the word chimera repeatedly? Their run-ins are tedious, it's time for someone to discover what's up with Anna.

Poor Kevin, dressed like a beat poet and trying patiently to dispense wisdom to Lulu, when she won't listen to him because she's too busy crowing about how awesome she is. She really needs to take it down several notches.

• Love 7

I have to laugh at basically everyone siding with Sonny in the divorce, basically chiding Carly to give back his stuff and play nice.  What is the point of her lawyer? Why is this stupid woman still in town? There is NO reason to not fess up to Carly. There is NO reason to get further involved in the lie to the rapid point of doing Sonny's bidding for him.  What an absolute waste of time and energy.

And that was some gross sexist shit playing out with Kristina/Sonny.  She can't pay for her own schooling? She can't ask her MOTHER for help with finances? She actually floats asking a male family member over her own mother for help with money?  Michael, who is maybe a few years older than her? That joke who got EVERYTHING handed to him?  Only the menfolk have money? And it ends with Sonny huffing that HE is the Dad and so HE pays for everything.  WTF is this shit?

• Love 9

Surprising, Jason and Franco in the Midnight Garden was the most intereasting thing about this episode.  At least there was energy without all the stupid.

Point to Sonny though for being suspicious of Amy.  Also to Kristina for wanting to pay her education herself.

Lulu and Nina fighting is so boring.  Lula is stupid for antagonizing her and Nina is a big hypocrite for saying Lulu thinks of Charlotte as a possession because that's how she looks at Charlotte, something to fill a hole in her life and to keep hold of Valentine. I rolled my eyes at Lulu saying Charlotte will realize what a bad person Valentine is and reject him.  Yeah, cuz Sonny's kids all hate him.

Children on this show are mostly used as pawns -- Sonny and Carly vs Ava, Sonny and Carly vs AJ, Sonny and Carly vs Alexis, even Ric taking Molly away from Alexis. Do they ever do a custody battle where one parent genuinely wants what's best for the child?

Martina falling before Sonny is revolting.

17 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Maybe it's one of those things no one enforces because it's too difficult to catch people in the act. I think state parks are a different story because flowers there are growing wild? Not sure. City parks often pay for flowers to be planted and maintained.

My city spends 19% ($2B) of it's budget on parks and economic development.  Picking the flowers is definitely a no-no.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

So Kristina is roommates with Amy 2.0.  My nightmare would be to be trapped in that apartment.

This whole story and relationship of Amy and Kristina developed off screen. So the Show must have a policy that same sex relationships whether male or female happen off screen. How much do you want to bet that the Kristina and Amy relationship was written in because people were asking why we never got to see events in the relationship of Brad and Lucas?

It feels bizarre to me that we don't know how Kristina and Amy met and got involved. I guess the show has left some wriggle room that they are just compatible roommates saving on the rent money--Kristina was emphasizing today how she is economizing to pay for college all by herself. It's confusing though--didn't we just hear that Amy had a major crush on Dillon in high school recently?

• Love 1