Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

LOL, Ava put the idea of Dr. Kiki out into the universe. I don't hate Kiki as much as others do, but I do NOT see her as capable of being a doctor. Ava and Griffin looked good together, I would not be mad if something happened between them.

Nina is so damn clingy. It can't be more than a couple of hours since she saw Valentin, and she's already desperate to be with him again. It's so hard for me to be on her side, even though I should be, because Valentin isn't being very fair to her.

That damn pill bottle has been all over town and gotten so much screen time that they may as well add it to the show's opening credits. Enough already, let's wrap this shit up.

• Love 13
54 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Michael runs a multi-national corporation?  You wouldn't know it from all the free time he has to prop his parents.  Speaking of whom, Carly stepping foot into Monica's home is a straight-up no. 

And chewing food in the middle of the room, not even holding up over the table. And lol at her going on about how Michael is too casual about what Sonny did to Jax and how Jax is Josslyn's FATHER and how she underestimated how vindictive Sonny is, in the middle of the Q living room. 

And please at Bobbie giving a shit at Sonny and Carly's mating dance.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

And lol at her going on about how Michael is too casual about what Sonny did to Jax and how Jax is Josslyn's FATHER and how she underestimated how vindictive Sonny is, in the middle of the Q living room. 

Wow. WOW. Does she not remember the fake rape Sonny arranged for Jax when he and Carly were in the custody fight for Joss? Apparently not. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 10

Gotta say, when I saw the rumour about Griffin and Ava, I was all, "wuhhhh??"   But now that I see them together, me likey.  I mean, Maura has chemistry with everyone and Matt's just a giant ball of cuteness.  Both of them could make this work pretty convincingly.  

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Wow. WOW. Does she not remember the fake rape Sonny arranged for Jax when he and Carly were in the custody fight for Joss? Apparently not. 

Didn't Sonny also blow up Jax's plane during that particular round?

• Love 5

Is Crimson still running itself?  Now that it's down to two employees -- Dill and Nina, and I don't think Nina counts. 

It may be the tacky skate keychain from Claire's, or the freshly bleached hair, but Nelle is reminding me of Tonya Harding, from the days when she used to proclaim innocence and whine about a broken skate lace. 

• Love 6

Oh yeah, Morgan would definitely never write false things in his diary. No one ever would plant a diary for someone else to find, especially someone so rational as Morgan.

Okay, Nina really doesn't have to get THAT close to Nelle's ear.

Griffin hates Julian but he's cool with Ava? Okay then.

24 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Didn't Sonny also blow up Jax's plane during that particular round?

It went down, it didn't blow up. How dare u not remember that. I'm not sure if Sonny actually sabotaged it though.

• Love 2

I thought I might like Ava/Griffin but I wasn't super into their scenes today. MC was smiling too much lol. Still, I'd like to see them fuck before I make my official decision. :)

Everything today was boring. I could barely even pay attention because I just don't give a shit about anything really.

ETA: Oh, and Nelle's hair continues to be offensively horrible. I feel bad for CL for that dye job alone.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Wasn't that around the time he was waving a gun around in Robin's house and accidentally shot her? Is he supposed to be off his meds again?

Yes and no.

23 hours ago, Cupcake04 said:

I just can't with this Samira bs.....first off, can't understand half of what she says. Second, I'm sorry but I can't look at her....her eyes freak me the hell out! They gotta be contacts, right?

According to her Twitter feed, it's her real eye color:

Edited by Lunula
7 minutes ago, Lunula said:

According to her Twitter feed, it's her real eye color:

Wow! I thought for sure they were bad contacts! I guess I am alone that they freak me out (I feel bad now). Maybe its the makeup they are doing on her?

• Love 1
Just now, Cupcake04 said:

Wow! I thought for sure they were bad contacts! I guess I am alone that they freak me out (I feel bad now). Maybe its the makeup they are doing on her?

They freak me out, too - that's why I was trying to find other photos of her to see if they were a different color and I ran across that tweet!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

No one ever would plant a diary for someone else to find, especially someone so rational as Morgan.

Was Morgan smart enough to plant a fake diary?  

22 minutes ago, Cupcake04 said:

Wow! I thought for sure they were bad contacts! I guess I am alone that they freak me out

You're not alone.  But it's not the colour for me.  I don't know if they're too close together or too sunk into her face.  I don't understand it but it's all I focus on and it's weird.  

• Love 1

What is it exactly that Anna/Alex/Whoever is trying to do with Valentin? Drive him away? Make him feel embarrassed by her sad little seduction attempts? I keep expecting her to offer him dinner and then locking eyes with him while she slowly puts a corndog in her mouth. Meanwhile, Nina is staging her own private production of How To Lose a Guy in Ten Days. I'm sure her plan to have her husband, who survived being on the WSB kill list, spied on by Nelle will work out perfectly.

19 hours ago, ciarra said:

Does Anna/Alex/Andi have any casual clothes?

I had to laugh when I saw her working at home in a pencil skirt and heels. I'm also working from home, in sweats from Target and socks I bought at the drugstore.

On 4/25/2017 at 0:36 PM, TheMediaHo said:

Well, let's sound off...I've been watching since 1982/3, with no breaks. I suspect I'm in the minority.

I started watching when I was in grade school in the early 70s, but only over summer vacations and on sick days, although it's amazing how little you miss even when you don't watch for nine months out of the year. I stopped watching in the early 90s but started up again about ten years later.

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

What is it exactly that Anna/Alex/Whoever is trying to do with Valentin? Drive him away? Make him feel embarrassed by her sad little seduction attempts? I keep expecting her to offer him dinner and then locking eyes with him while she slowly puts a corndog in her mouth.

Yeah, I don't get this either. There's no argument Alex screwed him over when they were WSB newbies (though Valentin thinks it was Anna). So what's the point of all this? Does he have info she has to get? Does she want him for herself? Is she messing with him because she's bored? 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Bishop said:

if you remove her entirely from the equation, Carly and Sonny would be very happily married right now.  That's how I see it.  

Actually, Carly told Sonny - in front of Jax - that their marriage had not been in a good place, regardless of the I-didn't-actually-have-sex-with-Nelle declaration because of the lies in the time they've been married (this time). He lied to her about being paralyzed for a while after he had started standing/walking again. (She was stunned to walk in and see him able-bodied at Alexis and Julian's wedding.  Then he told her he wouldn't go after Julian, but he did ... it just so happens it wasn't Sonny's hit that got Morgan killed.  Carly's basically saying Sonny being self-serving/not having her back in this situation by withholding information was the last straw for her. Plus, of course, the name calling when he showed up and realized she'd just been with Jax. 

I don't believe their marriage is over, because well, they're them.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Yeah, I don't get this either. There's no argument Alex screwed him over when they were WSB newbies (though Valentin thinks it was Anna). So what's the point of all this? Does he have info she has to get? Does she want him for herself? Is she messing with him because she's bored? 

Is Anna passing herself off as Alex in Pine Valley, getting into slap fights with Erica Kane?  This is information we need!

I was kinda interested in the show using the Alex/AMC history, but they're draaaging this part out.  Just tell us it's not Anna already.

• Love 5

LOL that Carly enters the Q mansion via the French doors. She knows she'd never make through the front door.

"I know from my own experience, what the death of a child can do to a marriage." Highly ironic that Bobbie is saying that to Sonny.

Sonny, you want help from André. Maybe don't shout at him, 'mmkay? Your son died because he was an idiot.

I had to FF the Valentin/Anna stuff. It was so dumb and embarrassing.

• Love 6

I'm enjoying watching FH play the differences, with just enough touches to clue the audience in that she isn't Anna.  Like the first few times she answered the door she checked her hair.  There was just enough of a hint that she was making sure it was Anna's hair, that she looked the part. Plus that's something that Anna just wouldn't do.  It reminds me a bit of when FH had to play Olbrecht.  I'm not so hot on the story but it is interesting to see what choices FH makes.

I was kinda interested in the show using the Alex/AMC history, but they're draaaging this part out.  Just tell us it's not Anna already.

Yeah, it's definitely time.  Maybe with JE's departure (sniffle) they'll pick up the pace.

• Love 3

I only saw one brief clip of the Valentin/Anna stuff. To entertain myself, I watched without sound. The show is actually not bad that way-you can make it up as you go along. You know-like Jelly does.  Anyhoo-JPS almost looked like he was going to SWOON over Annex(squish name I am calling her since we don't know if she's Anna, Alex, or Faison in a rubber mask). I mean, swooning like a heroine in a Harlequin romance. I could not contain it. I burst out laughing. I don't think that is their intention.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Lunula said:

They freak me out, too - that's why I was trying to find other photos of her to see if they were a different color and I ran across that tweet!

If you look at photos of her online, her eyes don't look that freaky and she's actually very pretty. Typical GH makeup for making her look weird, and it doesn't help that she's a terrible actress with a bad fake accent. 

I am trying to watch now because of Jane leaving, but Franco, Liz, Carly, Sonny, Sam and Jason still make me shabby. I was confused about the Anna/Alex stuff so had to read online about it, but I do like her chemistry with Valentin. Still love Finn and Rebecca sadly, and Dillon and Kiki are allowed to be cute now. May keep watching...on FF of course. 

Edited by twoods
11 hours ago, amaranta said:

I'm not so hot on the story but it is interesting to see what choices FH makes.

Same here. The story is galactically stupid, but FH is pretty amazing.

10 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

JPS almost looked like he was going to SWOON

After he left the house, he was close to tears. Again. I just can't with this.

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

After he left the house, he was close to tears. Again. I just can't with this.

What are they going for with this lol? JPS is playing it so pathetically, but I can't decide if that's on purpose/how he's being directed or what.

• Love 2

I forgot to mention my favorite part. Monica told the ICE agent that there was security all over the estate so she would know if Samira had somehow gotten into her house. Later in the day, Carly walks in with beer and tacos through the open French doors right next to the painting worth twenty million dollars.

• Love 17

Jason dreaming about strangling Jake just added another layer of creepy onto the pile. Honestly, every angle of this story is fucked up. Jason being upset over the possibility that he hurt or traumatized Jake is uncomfortable to watch.

Y'all, the other day I watched a movie where James Franco played himself, and the other characters kept referring to him as Franco. I winced every time, because I was expecting Roger Howarth to come sidling out with his greasy hair, talking through a mouthful of food. It's amazing how one actor's pretentious vanity project spiralled into the current repulsive character we can't avoid.

"You know what would make the Samira plot better? Getting Kiki involved," said no one ever. Her posturing to the ICE agent was laughable.

Was it necessary to cram Sonny and Carly into this episode? Couldn't we have a day free from them? 

Edited by Linny
Weird double post; I blame Sonny
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

OMG, this Samira story, I can't.

Everytime I think FV can't pull a shittier character/casting choice out, he surpasses the last crap character.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8

I guess I have to watch Tracy's exit or something. I have no idea what her current story is. I also am very amused by this Alex shit, as the Alex story on AMC was one of the most nonsensical bits of business that show ever did (and was written by Passanante, IIRC). She was always a bit of a kooky bird. FWIW, Dimitri Marick and Alex had divorced by 2013, when Dimitri returned to Pine Valley on AMC 2.0.

ETA: Holy shit this new chick is bad

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

I'm suppose to believe that Liz couldn't figure out what 0705 means? The woman who birthed Jake and raised him every day of his life (aside from when he was 'dead') and continues to be the only consistent parent in that child's life doesn't see his BIRTHDAY in those numbers. Jason, a guy who dumped said kid, ignored said kid for MOST of said kid's life and then continued to ignore said kid as recent as a few months ago when he refused to call Jake or answer said kid's texts while he was 'on the run' by choice does recognize the numbers as Jake's birthday with the numbers reversed?

BULL FUCKING SHIT.

I don't even believe Jason would remember Jake's birthday. He's the kind of guy who'd vaguely talk about Jake being born in 'early May'. So there's no way I buy he's the one to reverse the dates and PRESTO, it's Jake's birthday!  Liz is not allowed to be first in anything with this shitty story.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, jsbt said:

I'm not convinced her eyes are real.

What even is this story with Tracy? She's leaving like next week? I don't understand.

She says they are . . . that's not what weird me out about them - it's that she always looks like she's squinting. 

I'm hoping it's not to introduce this woman, but she is still going to appear after Tracy leaves so that just might be it. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

I'm hoping it's not to introduce this woman, but she is still going to appear after Tracy leaves so that just might be it. 

Oh fuck, really, I didn't know that.  Ugh.  Why this random chick when they could have brought back Maya, or Brook Lynn, or Skye, or hell, put Monica on contract and told more stories with her.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh fuck, really, I didn't know that.  Ugh.  Why this random chick when they could have brought back Maya, or Brook Lynn, or Skye, or hell, put Monica on contract and told more stories with her.

It might not be anything huge, but really, even once is too much. What is the point of her after this?

• Love 2

About Samira:  the blue eyes don't bother me - it's the fact that I can't even see her damn eyes.  It's as if there are just empty black sockets and it's squicking me out.  I don't even care who she is, Q / not-Q, good / evil, I just do not like her.  Not even a little bit.  I want her gone.  And I'm extra cranky because Jane Elliot is the best thing on all of television and I am having a really hard time with her departure.  Really hard.

Is it just me, or does anyone else have a diificult time deciphering what Jason says --- ever.  All I hear is a low, mumbly growl.  No words, just growling.  Then when Sam responds, all I hear is a nasally whisper.   I find it odd because their job as actors is to enunciate words so that the audience can hear them in order to advance the plot.  Or so I thought.

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I also am very amused by this Alex shit, as the Alex story on AMC was one of the most nonsensical bits of business that show ever did (and was written by Passanante, IIRC).

That explains a few things now.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, ulkis said:

She says they are . . . that's not what weird me out about them - it's that she always looks like she's squinting

10 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

About Samira:  the blue eyes don't bother me - it's the fact that I can't even see her damn eyes

Maybe her eyes are naturally blue, but it seemed like at first they gave her contact lenses to make sure we saw the were BLUE, now she just seems squinty.  I think she got eye damage from the fluorescent blue contacts.

Jason choking Jake just looked like a slightly more intense version of his usual hugs.

Sonny signing over his assets to Carly is a decent callback. 

Everything else, meh. 

23 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Maybe her eyes are naturally blue, but it seemed like at first they gave her contact lenses to make sure we saw the were BLUE, now she just seems squinty.  I think she got eye damage from the fluorescent blue contacts.

They're her natural eye color:

https://preprod.instagram.com/ivynataliaofficial/

• Love 1

Jason has a nightmare of choking Jake, even though as Helena's soldier boy and without any memories and completely under her control he couldn't bring himself to hurt Sam or even put his hands on her when he was ordered to kill her. Okay, show.

I'd love to know who thought that scene would be a good idea.

• Love 12
45 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Jason has a nightmare of choking Jake, even though as Helena's soldier boy and without any memories and completely under her control he couldn't bring himself to hurt Sam or even put his hands on her when he was ordered to kill her. Okay, show.

I'd love to know who thought that scene would be a good idea.

That's not the same thing though. It's a dream. Helena ordered Jason to physically actually hurt Sam and he resisted.

Shut up, Samira. Ugh, I'm so tired of her demanding the picture. I hate that Tracy is the bad guy here.

And again with Sonny yelling at people who are doing him a favor.

Franco can shut it, too. 

I loved Liz's reaction to Jake's 110 degree fever: "Is that high?" "Pretty high."

LOL that Sonny was hoist by his own petard when he signed over everything to Carly.

• Love 11