Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Darklazr said:
12 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Absolutely. The painting is worth 20 million dollars, not just sentiment, and as Tracy pointed out, her father cut her out of his will and left her only a jar of relish. She is owed the monetary value of the painting. And it was so telling that Samira immediately blocked Monica's call to any attorneys to get the visa extended. Samira wants to make them all decide under pressure--a terribly unwise idea. She knows that attorneys would soon discover that no organization is backing her claims and search for the painting, and would not try to help with the trafficking problem. Interpol and the Turkish police need to know Samira's story; the pressure that she is putting on the Qs to solve her problem is not realistic, legal, or probable. It has to be a scam. Monica unwisely and unfairly made the whole house complicit when she turned the government agent away with a convenient lie. Samira knows she has to close the deal fast before he gets back. I still think she is working with Lord Larry, waiting outside to "catch" him and therefore be introduced with her sad story.

I'm not so sure about Lord Larry and Samira working together, considered the blundering when they met (his 'apprehension'  was a little slapstick), but I wouldn't be surprised if she is scamming them, and Lord Larry is just Pawn in Game of Life.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I think Winfield threw the ball deliberately at the seagull and killed it, which led to the fan outrage.  The seagulls were a highlight of the old Blue Jays ballpark, memorialized in the Jays' theme song "Is that a fly ball, or is it a seagull? Coming in, from the lake, just to catch the game" but I've also seen them 10 miles north of the lake.

Yes, I remember hearing about that controversy.  Winfield - while a Blue Jays hero much of the time - took some heat for that. 

1 hour ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Pretty sure Jane was about to crack up at the "very very very" "long long long" stuff.

Same here, and I wonder if that was an ME ad lib (or at least extension of his written lines). I love his dry delivery.

1 hour ago, NutmegsDad said:

Show, don't try to shoehorn Real Third World Issues into the plotlines.

Seriously. If they're going to deal with human trafficking, don't tie it to another character's daddy issues. FFS.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Does anyone else think the reason Samira stopped Monica, is because she's not the real Samira? Did we see the face of the crying woman? 

We never saw a woman crying, but when Laura and Tracy left the Turkish monastery they showed this Samira walking through the hall all forlorn looking at them.

11 hours ago, TheGourmez said:

Is Anna done being sniveling and pathetic yet? It was getting annoying, and she's my current fave.

Right now she's not, but she might not actually be Anna. Spec is that she's really Alex, Anna's twin.

What is a Lucas?

No one knows.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Blackie said:

I enjoyed Michael "handling" both Sonny and Carly today, he looked like he was actually one minute away from banging his head against the wall in both cases.

Michael is the adult/parent in that relationship.  He always has been.  I find it annoying that it's the only thing Michael is ever written to be, as the person who has to keep Carly and especially Sonny on an even keel.  It's why I always felt and still do that Michael is better suited for the mob than Sonny.  He's way too emotional.  I don't think I want Michael in the mob, but I wouldn't mind seeing him mix it up with some dangerous types because we've seen him do it before.  Michael gave sound, logical arguments to Sonny as to why what he did to Jax was wrong (because it needs to be explained to him, afterall), and that by hurting Jax, he is hurting two children in the process.  Sonny pouted.

18 hours ago, ulkis said:

Every time Michael and Nelle have a scene together, Nelle asks "are you always this wonderful/kind/fair/brave/strong/lovingwithyourwholeheart?"

Because it's all the writers care about regarding Michael.  They REFUSE to see him in any other light than the perfect, loving, fair, forgiving man.  THey ignore ALL his  life experiences on this show - the violence, the betrayals he's suffered, the losses, the pain, etc.  In their mind, those traumas would make someone normal.  HOW???!!  How does extended trauma and violence in one's life along with tons of betrayal having them thinking that Michael should be the most well-adjusted person in PC?  Welcome to soaps, folks.  

In my opinion, if written true to character and his current life experiences, Michael should be aloof and distant with women.  He's been betrayed by every one of them except Abby.  They have all lied to him and hurt him in some way, and yet he's still open to the idea of love.  He should be jaded to some extent.  In addition, the number of times he's been betrayed by his family should also make him a cautious and even distant character.  There should be some negatives to Michael's personality, but no matter what regime writes this character, they want him as the White Knight.  It's so infuriating because Chad/Michael works really well when he's got that tinge of darkness.  It's a shame.

14 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

What I need to know is, why is Michael wasting time at Sonny's and with Nell when he needs to be plotting illegal DNA tests with his great aunt Tracy and her drug addicted BFF. That would have been much more fun. I want my Chad and Jane scenes, she's only got two weeks left ! *throws barware*

I have no idea why Michael is not in the Quartermaine stories more.  Heck, why couldn't he go with Tracy to find her picture?  Ugh.

So who turned Samira in? Larry, I'm guessing. I loved Monica today.

There is zero point in Samira, and she better not be added to the cast.  I don't like her at all.  Note:  Monica is always great.

Finn and Tracy were everything.  THAT is what I love about them. Those kind of scenes make me wish JE leaving was all a long April fool's joke.  

I enjoyed Finn and Tracy too, but I loved the Quartermaine scenes the other day.  Tracy is SO necessary for the snark half of the Q dynamic, and her scenes with Ned and Dillon and Monica are wonderful.  Who is going to fill that void once JE leaves?

Also - I'm missing Griffin.  Matt Cohen was on an episode of Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders as an undercover agent with a biker gang in Mexico, and he was great.  The writers are wasting him on GH with him filling out charts and holding Finn, Hayden and Elizabeth's hands.  I swear, the characters on GH with talent and potential are wasted while the SAME characters get all the storylines.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, statsgirl said:
On 4/20/2017 at 1:58 AM, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Yeah, not Sam's greatest half-hour. She sucked. But she and Alexis have moved past it and that has nothing to do with Alexis and Julian's situation.

Alexis was trying to protect Sam from Jason (who was a bad man)  in the past but she tried to talk to Sam, not get Jason arrested.  Now Sam is trying to protect Alexis from Julian but she and her hit man husband forced it by bringing in the cops.  Like with Sonny, the hypocrisy is off the charts.

I don't think it's hypocrisy that Sam didn't do the exact thing Alexis did year ago. Bringing in the cops on the situation's own merit isn't hypocritical. Plus Sam has tried to talk to Alexis several times about Julian and it fell on deaf ears. Sam fears that Julian in his desperation will hurt Alexis by his own hand. Alexis wanted to protect Sam from Jason because of his job (regardless of Alexis' own choices with the men she has bedded) whereas Sam wants to protect Alexis because Julian held the knife that killed Alexis' mother to her throat as threat.  

Sonny is often hypocritical but it's immaterial to this situation with Sam, Alexis, and Julian, IMO. 

• Love 6

This show is weirdly bland in all aspects - from the gray sets to the lack of grounded drama or consequences or character development . We've bypassed OOC writing at this point - everybody is just one big ball of well-intentioned blah.

Well, except Sonny, and even MB must be vaguely embarrassed at Sonny's crap by now.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

I chuckled a page back when reference was made to Carly nibbling on twigs and berries whilst a prisoner of Jax's camping trip, as that's Brit-speak for a guy's...family jewels (thank you, Austin Powers)!

• Love 2

Aw, isn't it so sweet how Julian removed the knife from Alexis' throat and turned it on himself, all in the name of love. Isn't it adorable that a woman in her fifties is terrified to talk to her daughters about her enduring love and protection for her abusive husband. This situation is not at all fucked up and sad, nope.

"I wanted to take the high road!" When have you EVER taken the high road, Carly? You and Sonny carpool in the HOV lane of the low road, so stop acting sanctimonious.

My eyes glaze over at every mention of that damn scarecrow. I'm officially at Do Not Care status with this mess. And can somebody cut that kid's hair?

• Love 8

Molly and her great hair really should be getting more to do than these periodic "Davis Girls!" scenes.  And also, everyone should be listening to her romantic advice given she and TJ are the most stable couple on the show.  Did she have that sling the last time we saw her?

This ICE thing is both a decent way to get Jax/IR back off the canvas, but also seriously stupid.  A wealthy, international business man like Jax would be able to fight this and win, he wouldn't have to make a desperate deal in the course of forty minutes or whatever.

Shut up, Sonny.

ETA...wait, Jake is afraid of Steve Burton's face?  I feel you, kid.  But this is also a huge retcon because, post-death, Steve Burton Jason was never on Cassadine Island.  He was in the harbor, Victor scooped him up, he was at Crichton-Clark, he escaped with Robin, he made it to Port Charles, he got hit by Ava's car and had the facial reconstruction surgery.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

This ICE thing is both a decent way to get Jax/IR back off the canvas, but also seriously stupid.  A wealthy, international business man like Jax would be able to fight this and win, he wouldn't have to make a desperate deal in the course of forty minutes or whatever.

Jax is obviously using this as an excuse to escape Carly's clutches. ;)

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

ETA...wait, Jake is afraid of Steve Burton's face?  I feel you, kid.  But this is also a huge retcon because, post-death, Steve Burton Jason was never on Cassadine Island.  He was in the harbor, Victor scooped him up, he was at Crichton-Clark, he escaped with Robin, he made it to Port Charles, he got hit by Ava's car and had the facial reconstruction surgery.

Still haven't figured out when in all of that Jason was microchipped by Helena. Maybe those days or weeks before Crichton-Clark exploded and they escaped, after Robin brought Jason back to life but when Robin was chained to the wall in that basement room?

Does Elizabeth not see or just not care that she is basing her troubled son's entire mental health needs and care on the OPINIONS of her boyfriend the "reformed" serial killer and rapist who has no license or authority to be any sort of therapist? And, um, Liz? Your house blew up last year. How and why do you still have old pictures of Jason?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, LexieLily said:

Still haven't figured out when in all of that Jason was microchipped by Helena. Maybe those days or weeks before Crichton-Clark exploded and they escaped, after Robin brought Jason back to life but when Robin was chained to the wall in that basement room?

Also, didn't Arms Only Jason have to rip a breathing tube out of his throat, wasn't that the reason he couldn't talk?  So how could he have been up and about on Cassadine Island if he was still practically comatose?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also, didn't Arms Only Jason have to rip a breathing tube out of his throat, wasn't that the reason he couldn't talk?  So how could he have been up and about on Cassadine Island if he was still practically comatose?

Yeah I don't know why they are blatantly retconning what we all saw onscreen two years ago. Well, I do know, Franco, but I don't see how this is supposed to redeem him for Franco to just guess that Jake is scared of Jason.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Linny said:

Isn't it adorable that a woman in her fifties is terrified to talk to her daughters about her enduring love and protection for her abusive husband.

I'm just hoping the writers remember Alexis' age and her two menopauses (menopausi?) and don't have her ending up pregnant after Julian's "goodbye".

• Love 3

Sam is pre-occupied with little Scout (what a cutie today!) while Jason has to spend more and more time with Liez going to teacher and therapist meetings, or showing up at Liez's house to chat cozily with Jake. Can we expect that before too long Jason's pheromones and bulging muscles will wake up Liez's sexual antenna again? Meanwhile, Franco may be Liez's current squeeze, but he's been pinning nubile Kiki up against the hospital snack machine, ostensibly for a tete-a-tete over his worries about Jake. Is a pattern forming here?

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd

Last I heard, Australians don't need a visa to get into the US so this whole ICE thing is ridiculous.  Also, can ICE deport someone who is in the country legally based on the fact that they were once charged and the charges were dropped?  I thought US law was all about being innocent until you are proven guilty.

Sonny is really the worst though.  How does he have fans?  I hope both Carly and Joss move to Australia.  Natural consequences for Sonny.

3 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

I don't think it's hypocrisy that Sam didn't do the exact thing Alexis did year ago. Bringing in the cops on the situation's own merit isn't hypocritical. Plus Sam has tried to talk to Alexis several times about Julian and it fell on deaf ears. Sam fears that Julian in his desperation will hurt Alexis by his own hand. Alexis wanted to protect Sam from Jason because of his job (regardless of Alexis' own choices with the men she has bedded) whereas Sam wants to protect Alexis because Julian held the knife that killed Alexis' mother to her throat as threat. 

Just as Alexis trying to talk to Sam about Jason fell on deaf ears.  Didn't Jason threaten Sam earlier?  The only reason Jason and Sonny aren't arrested and serving permanent jail time is because the show refuses to call them bad guys in spite of all the murders and terrorizing they've done.

Also add Kristina to the hypocrisy group, talking about how terrible Julian is when her own father is worse.  I can understand why Alexis doesn't want to talk to her three judgemental and rigid daughters about how she feels about Julian.  It's a real thing to feel conflicted about someone you loved, who gave her some of the happiest times of her life (as she said last week), and who is now lying to the police to protect her.  Of course she's conflicted. She needs someone to talk to who won't judge and yell at her.

Both Jax and Julian acknowledge that they've done wrong and they're ready to take the consequences.  That puts them miles above Sonny and Jason in my book.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Does Elizabeth not see or just not care that she is basing her troubled son's entire mental health needs and care on the OPINIONS of her boyfriend the "reformed" serial killer and rapist who has no license or authority to be any sort of therapist? And, um, Liz? Your house blew up last year. How and why do you still have old pictures of Jason?

Her boyfriend, the "reformed" serial killer who is apparently still obsessed with Jason. I'm pretty sure he said Jason's name more often in his proposal to her than hers. He is just a giant red flag of every kind of terribleness

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Her boyfriend, the "reformed" serial killer who is apparently still obsessed with Jason. I'm pretty sure he said Jason's name now often in his proposal to her than hers. He is just a giant red flag of every kind of terribleness

Franco is clearly manipulating and using Jake's real issues to drive a wedge between Jake/Jason and Liz/Jason to push Jason out. If he wants to learn how to alienate a child against a parent he should go have a chat with Valentin.

• Love 4

Isn't the background on his phone also Jake's picture? He's just a creepifying world of NO. 

And what mother of young children isn't immediately and permanently alarmed by that? What the SHIT, Liz?!!1?1?

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

And what mother of young children isn't immediately and permanently alarmed by that? What the SHIT, Liz?!!1?1?

Children plural?  I'm pretty sure Liz only has one kid...

• Love 16
12 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I still find it incredibly creepy that Franco's phone password was J-A-K-E.  That's weird.

and

9 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Isn't the background on his phone also Jake's picture? He's just a creepifying world of NO. 

How does this is any way not read as really, really gross? Why don't the writers grasp this?

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

How does this is any way not read as really, really gross? Why don't the writers grasp this?

If the writers were worried about it reading as really, really gross they should have stopped and reconsidered when they had Franco, the serial killer, trapping Liz in elevators and lurking in parking garages and popping out of the backseat of her car to try and convince her to date him.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 9

That stuff I can kind of (note: kind of) put down to Franco being desperate to talk to Liz. Super gross, no question, but sort of explainable. But making your phone passcode a kid's name and using his picture as your background? I will not be surprised to find out Franco has kidnapped Cam and Aiden, killed them, and made a suit out of their skin. For Jake, of course.

• Love 7

Maurice Benard often aims for "contemplative" and "tortured" and lands at "mentally challenged." His acting choices in those scenes with Dante today were embarrassing.   

Also? Gag at the wistful description of how he and Carly were going to get to the bottom of the Morgan medication mystery, because that's the kind of thing they do; they are an unbeatable team. Please. How many months elapsed between Morgan's death and their most recent separation? It's a rhetorical question. We all know, because we've been reminded of the timeline in every episode in which Sonny, Carly, and Michael either argue among themselves or berate Nelle over The Sekrit That Changed Everything. In all that time, I cannot remember them ever doing anything other than say "How strange!" about the missing bottle, before going back to talking about themselves and their Pain. Which is really the kind of thing they do, and are unbeatable at. "Looking at the stockings hung up for Christmas reminds me of Morgan. Remember how much he loved hanging stockings? I miss him so much!" "I miss him even more!"   

Re: Franco. I'm not really getting a pedophilia vibe from it, and I'm doubtful the story will go in that direction. Some well-known actors have played child sex abusers, such as Ted Danson (Something About Amelia) and Gordon Jump (that legendarily awful Diff'rent Strokes two-parter), but a "self-limiting" project like a TV movie or a very special sitcom episode is something else. Howarth is a big fish in the ever-drying-up daytime pond. I think he'd walk rather than stay on board if they wanted to do that with his series-regular character.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Re: Franco. I'm not really getting a pedophilia vibe from it, and I'm doubtful the story will go in that direction.

Oh of course it's not going to go in that direction, given all the "Love Franco, looooove him" writing and whitewashing over the years. 

I've said before, it's one of those things that, if you were really into Liz/Franco/Jake as a little family, you'd find quite sweet.  But if you're not, it comes off unintentionally creepy.  It's the Dobler/Dahmer effect.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Maybe it would be sweet if his password was her birthday and the picture was of her with all of her kids but as is? World of NO. And it's not really a pedophilia vibe so much as an obsessive vibe - it feels like he's just transferred his obsession with Jason to Jason's son or to replacing Jason in his son's life.

That said, there's a foundation for a good soap story if that was actually the story that they were telling

• Love 7

I don't really like them as a couple for various reasons, but what I'm getting from it is that it's this larger arc where the relationship with Ninugh nosedived in large part because of his indifference to children, and now that's become a big part of his connection to Liz. Then there's stuff about being psychologically disturbed and art as something to heal, mixed in. So what other people see as creepy to me is more "try too hard," too many flourishes to drive the point home that Franco Cares And Has Grown ("Aw! His password is 'Jake'").

Now, if he were painting Jake, or his studio were full of drawings and photos of Jake, that's the point at which I would hit "uncomfortable." But it's still Liz who's getting the romantic-object treatment, and I think they do enough with those two as a couple that it doesn't seem lopsided. Again...not a Friz Fanatic; I just don't find this that off the wall.  

Things I didn't note before about today's show:  This Jax/ICE story is about the lamest "actor only available for a limited time" write-out I've ever seen, if that's what it is, and it appears to be. And I liked Jason saying that Liz looked exactly the same as when he met her. I'm sure Team Liason fell onto the fainting couch over that.   

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I don't really like them as a couple for various reasons, but what I'm getting from it is that it's this larger arc where the relationship with Ninugh nosedived in large part because of his indifference to children, and now that's become a big part of his connection to Liz. Then there's stuff about being psychologically disturbed and art as something to heal, mixed in. So what other people see as creepy to me is more "try too hard," too many flourishes to drive the point home that Franco Cares And Has Grown ("Aw! His password is 'Jake'").

Now, if he were painting Jake, or his studio were full of drawings and photos of Jake, that's the point at which I would hit "uncomfortable." But it's still Liz who's getting the romantic-object treatment, and I think they do enough with those two as a couple that it doesn't seem lopsided. Again...not a Friz Fanatic; I just don't find this that off the wall.  

Things I didn't note before about today's show:  This Jax/ICE story is about the lamest "actor only available for a limited time" write-out I've ever seen, if that's what it is, and it appears to be. And I liked Jason saying that Liz looked exactly the same as when he met her. I'm sure Team Liason fell onto the fainting couch over that.   

I love how GH wrote early Liason before the days of Frons and this current regime.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

Jax is obviously using this as an excuse to escape Carly's clutches. ;)

and

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

He's a smart man, that Jax. ;)

And yet, he asked her to go with him.  

• Love 2

Kristina needs to beam some of that Julian hate toward her father. Everything she said about him was true for Sonny, too.

If they really go in on Carly vs. Sonny, that could be good soap. But they probably won't, so it will be the usual bore.

Why didn't they just have Jax have to go back to Australia for Lady Jane's memorial service? He came to PC the night after she died, so it's not as if there was time to do anything then. It doesn't have to be because Sonny is a petulant asshole. This ICE thing is so idiotic.

LOL at Trance!Jake.

• Love 8

Dare I hope for a rift between Carly and Joss? When Joss told Carly she hopes she never, ever goes back to Sonny ... Carly was silent, instead of saying something like "Of course not, baby." Joss should say she wants to go to Australia and live with Jax full-time, even after Grandma Jane's funeral. She says mom, you can come too. It would be great for Joss to realize Carly will never, ever choose her own children over Sonny (and Jason) no matter how much she swears she loves them more than anything. She will never leave Port Charles; she'll make the excuse that she has to protect Michael from super evil Nelle.  Then Joss can write her off for good. 

It continues to bug me that the heinous shit Carly and Sonny have done to Jax is being glossed over. Joss doesn't know about it, and Jax is being written like it never happened and he's still fond of Carly. I don't believe for one second that a guy like Jax hasn't met a much classier woman, who truly appreciates him, for a serious relationship in the time since Sonny arranged for the tampering of Jax' airplane. I would have loved to hear him tell them that while he is struggling with his feelings about his mom's death, after Lady Jane's funeral he would like for Josslyn to meet this woman who makes him really happy.  That is exactly what Carly deserves to hear as her train wreck of a marriage to Sonny (the slime she betrayed Jax for), is over yet again. 

Also, for a woman who fancies herself as giving as well as she gets, WHY didn't she shoot back with "Says the man who has children by four different women" when he called her a whore? If all his babies and the other women had lived, it would be closer to, what, 7 or 8 children and women?  It amazes me that Liz especially, but also Carly or Sam get talked about for their history and having children by different men, when Sonny makes them almost look pure in comparison.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 7

The only thing I cared for today was Scout with the women of her family. I am going to assume Danny was with Carmelo and Anthony in the basement at Grams.

I loved the Davis Girls giving Alexis the third degree about Julian's bitchass. She looks like the typical abused woman that stays and makes excuses for her abuser. Kristina and Sam have personal experience in that department. Alexis gave Sam pamphlets when Jason kicked a chair at Sam. She killed Keifer. It may have been an accident but she would have done it to stop him from abusing her kid. So yes I can see why Sam has no use for Julian.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, dr. gailey said:

I am going to assume Danny was with Carmelo and Anthony in the basement at Grams.

This shit will never get old! In some ways I hope the show continues to pretend Cassidy and Aaron don't exist so we can continue to make these jokes.

This episode wasn't bad but it was boring, which is worse really.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Why didn't they just have Jax have to go back to Australia for Lady Jane's memorial service? He came to PC the night after she died, so it's not as if there was time to do anything then. It doesn't have to be because Sonny is a petulant asshole. This ICE thing is so idiotic.

It would been a little less stupid if Jax had been temporarily deported because of the legal charges and just had to go home and reapply or appeal or whatever, but it's the desperate deal he made after, like, forty minutes to leave the country FOREVER (which will be conveniently forgotten the next time they want to bring in Jax), that was super dumb. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Also add Kristina to the hypocrisy group, talking about how terrible Julian is when her own father is worse.  I can understand why Alexis doesn't want to talk to her three judgemental and rigid daughters about how she feels about Julian.  It's a real thing to feel conflicted about someone you loved, who gave her some of the happiest times of her life (as she said last week), and who is now lying to the police to protect her.  Of course she's conflicted. She needs someone to talk to who won't judge and yell at her.

Both Jax and Julian acknowledge that they've done wrong and they're ready to take the consequences.  That puts them miles above Sonny and Jason in my book.

Why must the bar for excusing other character's dickish behavior be "well, they're better than Sonny or Jason!" That's a freakin' low bar to cross. And, no offense, but I'm offended on Jax's part that you even group him together with someone like Julian. Sonny and Jason may be gross criminals, but so is Julian.

Kristina has sucked a lot of the time since she's been back, but having none of her mother's bullshit rationalizations for wanting to go back to her abuser is not one of them - hypocrisy or not. If Alexis hadn't killed Kiefer, do you think there's any scenario where Kristina had been contemplating going back to him that Alexis wouldn't have reemed her ass up one side and down the other? But, I guess that was when Alexis had a sliver of common sense and wasn't constantly thinking with her hoo-ha. Not wanting your mom to go back to her abuser is not being rigid or judgmental - it's common damn sense.

So what that Julian gave her some of the best times of her life. He also gave her some of the worst. He put a knife (the knife used to kill her mother) to her throat and made her petrified for her life. He violated her trust in so many different ways. 

Oh, that Julian want a prince lying to the police to protect Alexis from the cops this time. It's the least he can do after he let her take the fall for his killing Carlos and, you know, terrorized her. 

Alexis was trying to protect Sam from Jason (who was a bad man)  in the past but she tried to talk to Sam, not get Jason arrested.  Now Sam is trying to protect Alexis from Julian but she and her hit man husband forced it by bringing in the cops.  Like with Sonny, the hypocrisy is off the charts.

Oh, there's no doubt in my mind that Alexis would have resorted to having Jason arrested if she could have. But, I think, knew full well charges never stick against him. Plus, at the time she and Sam were just getting to know each other as mother and daughter so I don't think she would have pushed her luck and alienated Sam by having him arrested. Also, Sam has tried talking to Alexis but it's not working.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Alexis was trying to protect Sam from Jason (who was a bad man)  in the past but she tried to talk to Sam, not get Jason arrested.  Now Sam is trying to protect Alexis from Julian but she and her hit man husband forced it by bringing in the cops.

At the time Alexis was worried about the danger surrounding Jason affecting her daughter. Julian is an actual threat to Alexis. And he's proven over and over again that he will lie to her even when it endangers her and her family. This shit is beneath her 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

At the time Alexis was worried about the danger surrounding Jason affecting her daughter. Julian is an actual threat to Alexis. And he's proven over and over again that he will lie to her even when it endangers her and her family. This shit is beneath her 

100% agree. Also, the quote you were quoting isn't mine. It's something I was replying to from statsgirl.

Ah, can we keep Jax and send Sonny to Australia? Pretty please! 

Why oh why couldn't they have paired Finn with Tracey. The chemistry is off the charts. But, you know, God forbid, cuz like they just did Olivia and Johnny, like 10 years ago.

• Love 8

I don't have a problem with Sam calling the cops on Julian, but my disconnect is I don't really feel like she would be that enraged about it. Alexis going back to Julian that is. I'm also not feeling the betrayal between Sam and Julian because they relationship was built up so shoddily and the guy just does not remotely come across as her father.

It's even hard for me to feel like Alexis was scared or mad at Julian, because from the start NLG played it more like a woman who should feel she should be angry but isn't actually. 

15 hours ago, Perkie said:

and

And yet, he asked her to go with him.  

Reverse psychology?

This Joss is so bland, I really don't care if she were to give the smackdown to Carly.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

when jake is cured what will liz and Franco talk about? when did franco get a psychology degree? how did he figure out Jake is afraid of Jason? 

why does Tracy's painting have to save that womans daughter? why cant she just take 20 milion from the quarter maines? 

so what if nelle broke up sonnys and carlys marriage? sonnys not so wonderful. how many times can carly say you used my sons death to break up my marriage? 

jossyln has jax. she doesnt like sonny. she wants carly to divorce him. we dont see avery anymore.

• Love 2

when jake is cured what will liz and Franco talk about?

The only positive thing about Franco and Liz talking about anything is that it won't be any more creepy than conversations between Franco and Jake.  FV provided pretty much the only reason why I would stoop to root for Jason - only w/r/t Jake.  Even though I detest the nuJason, BM actually put in some solid work in a couple of episodes last week. . 

how many times can carly say you used my sons death to break up my marriage? 

Apparently, we haven't reached the limit yet.

Edited by sunnyface
Sonny
9 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't have a problem with Sam calling the cops on Julian, but my disconnect is I don't really feel like she would be that enraged about it.

Is this Sam enraged?  She hasn't spoken above a whisper in the last year so it's tough to tell, lol.

Re: Jake, Jason's old face, Cassadine Island.  I don't have a problem with it being written that SBuJasonFace was on CI at the same time as Jake because there's a lot of wiggle room as to WHERE he was WHEN he was during the time after he got dumped in the harbor. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, ulkis said:

I'm also not feeling the betrayal between Sam and Julian because they relationship was built up so shoddily and the guy just does not remotely come across as her father.

Same with whatshisname...that guy who's on the show sometimes...he's a doctor...Lawson?

It's so aggravating when the show gives people a familial tie and then does nothing with it beyond saying "You're related!" 

• Love 3