Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Vella said:

That when you love someone, it can be so much more difficult to close the door on them. When you're emotionally tied to them, it becomes harder and you make choices that are not the most rational.  Sam would know all about that.  As for the relationships themselves, I agree, Julian/Alexis is not complicated, but then, none of the romantic relationships on this show are. Not the newer ones like Liz/Franco or less new like Julian/Alexis or the long overdue to die ones like Jason/Sam and Carly/Sonny, although the show would absolutely beg to differ.

But that conversation? Never going to happen.  Sam/Jason are never going to own up to the choices of living life in the mob, killing and hurting other people for personal gain and now living off that blood money and how they are not any better than the people they turn their noses up at. Sam will never say "I get it, I've been there too. Hell, I'm STILL there."

Of course it will never happen. Jason is the most self righteous, holier than thou character on canvas. He's as bad as Sonny, maybe worse. At least Sonny admitted he's broken. You'll never hear those words from Jason. And Sam is the least self aware character on canvas. Girl, love whoever you want, but just once, own up to the fact that the man you love is a murderous scumbag. Otherwise, you just look like an idiot.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Two of the children in a Syrian family I know have blue eyes.  The older girl also has gorgeous blonde curls (to be covered by a hijab in another five or so years).  And remember that picture on the cover of National Geographic of the girl with the gorgeous green eyes from years back?

It isn't that I didn't think the actress could have blue eyes, it's that her eyes aren't blue so much as grey/white and they're super creepy. They look like those trendy contacts lenses people wear nowadays. When Tracy was like, "And she has blue eyes," or whatever I was like not so much. They're actually grey and they're messed up lol.

2 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

Two words: Meg Foster.

I googled her and now I am gonna have nightmares, just like I did every time I saw her in Ravenswood. Thanks a lot!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Sam's PI skills seem to be calling Spinelli and using his "cyber skills," using Sonny as the BIG BAD to scare people into telling her things and falling down and spraining her ankle. 

You forgot flirting and using apps that other people have installed on her phone.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Jason threatened to kill her and she flipped the fuck out and yelled at him. Then she called him to her house the next day claiming to be in trouble, he ran over and she told him that she was planning to fuck Lucky. None of this is romantic or okay; it is all deeply fucked up - and I think Sam was out of her f*ing mind. But she wasn't, even for a second, afraid that he was going to hurt her, let alone kill her. 

That doesn't really change the fact that he threatened her life and she ended up reuniting with him. Or take Sonny/Sam for example. How did they meet? Oh, he took her hostage and held a gun to her head and then before you could blink, they fucked and she became his pregnant mistress. Sam has absolutely been there. Her life gets threatened and it doesn't stop her from climbing into bed with these men. So for her to try to sound so wise by passionately talking about ending the cycle of violence to a guy who once threatened to kill her after both had just threatened a boat captain with violence in exchange for information is a fucking joke. They need to work on maybe being honest with each other about that violence for once.

• Love 8

Meanwhile, will the show just continue to ignore the angle of Michael and Dillon being cousins?

Probably. But that reminds me, poor Michael really needs to hang out with someone who is not Sonny or Joss. Let him hang out with Dillon, or Dante and Nathan. 

• Love 6

It's true, Michael desperately needs a friend.

I mean, most of the characters need friends.  The only active, regularly played friendship at the moment is maybe Rebecca Budig and Curtis?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Oh I think the "blue eyes" comment and the ring, the book.....yes Samira is probably a Q.

I had to laugh at the blue eyes thing. Does she also like to yell at people and eat pizza for Thanksgiving? Then we'll be absolutely certain she's a Q. Because we all know these things—like eating pasta and bringing a glass of bourbon to your lips—are the clinchers when it comes to knowing your family.

13 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

And can I say, it's very odd, but I like the Tracy/Laura friendship. It works. It almost has the same honesty that Tracy and Finn  have. God knows there's enough "friendships" with the people involved kissing each other's butts. Telling each other like it is, is so refreshing.

Same here. Neither is cowed by the other, and their temperaments are complementary. So of course a fuller friendship happens only when JE is on her way out.

4 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

Two words: Meg Foster.

I remember when Meg Foster first popped. Her eyes were all anyone could talk about. So arresting. I wish Makeup wouldn't put the giant eyelashes on Ivy Natalia, though. They make her look like she's blind or has a stye or something.

3 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

At least Sonny admitted he's broken.

For sympathy and to excuse his repellent behavior, not because he has any real insight.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I remember when Meg Foster first popped. Her eyes were all anyone could talk about. So arresting. I wish Makeup wouldn't put the giant eyelashes on Ivy Natalia, though. They make her look like she's blind or has a stye or something.

Ah, is that what it was? I was thinking it was looking like she was squinting. She also looked like she was pursing her lips or something.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I had to laugh at the blue eyes thing. Does she also like to yell at people and eat pizza for Thanksgiving? Then we'll be absolutely certain she's a Q. Because we all know these things—like eating pasta and bringing a glass of bourbon to your lips—are the clinchers when it comes to knowing your family.

Same here. Neither is cowed by the other, and their temperaments are complementary. So of course a fuller friendship happens only when JE is on her way out.

For sympathy and to excuse his repellent behavior, not because he has any real insight.

He has to have SOME insight, if the words voluntarily come out of his mouth. And some is more than Jason has ever demonstrated. We even saw Sonny be tormented by AJ's ghost. Not tormented enough to confess, because above all else, Sonny is a judgemental, selfish coward. Who thinks people should basically just excuse his behaviors. But still. Jason never showed any remorse for any death he ever caused. So yes, I do think Sonny has just an inkling of a conscience. He ignores it, but he has one. Not so sure Jason has one. I think the man's a sadist, who enjoys inflicting pain.

9 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

My oft repeated problem with Julexis at this point (and with Jelly's Nik/Hayden storyline) is that she was terrified and traumatized and having nightmares about being murdered by her husband. Alexis Davis, a woman who grew up with Stavros and Helena fuckin Cassadine, started using alcohol as a coping mechanism to deal with Julian's bullshit. That's not a surmountable problem. Who climbs into bed with someone they're that afraid of?  

Alexis' alcoholism storyline was so poorly done.  It would have been a great storyline if the Julian BS was what put Alexis over the edge after a lifetime of Cassidine trauma.   At six years old she watched Helena slit her mother's throat with that dagger.  She grew up in constant fear of Stavros and Helena while living on Cassidine island.  When Helena "died" (no, I don't believe Helena is really dead), she left Alexis the dagger she used to slit her mother's throat.  Having possession of the weapon that was used to kill her mother was traumatic enough, but Julian used the dagger to kill Carlos and to threaten Alexis.  It was a perfect storm of "just too much".  Alexis finally broke.  

• Love 6

Nah nah nah, someone with a crippling addiction like Dr. Michael Easton's would not be doing outpatient rehab.  And he certainly wouldn't be working shifts at the hospital where he practiced medicine on drugs/stole drugs, like, one day after he started the program.

Man is there a lot of blah blah who cares blah going on.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
On Tuesday, April 18, 2017 at 8:04 AM, dubbel zout said:

This is the only realistic part of the story. It's not a stretch by any means that Nelle was a good donor, as family members aren't necessarily matches.

True enough. But how realistic would it be that Frank could test child Nell(who is his daughter, which makes her Carly's sister via adoption) and she is the match? Never mind the fact that it takes more than just blood work to safely do a transplant. It can take weeks for a living donor to be tested. So what are those odds? None if it makes any sense. Why would Jax call on Frank for "help with Joss" in the first place? Cause Frank worked at a hospital? When Jax is a billionaire with connections everywhere. Plus Jerry. Nope. He relied upon his wife's hated deadbeat adoptive father to get him an organ match for his baby. Sure. Totes believable. 

The whole Joss needed a kidney was idiotic before, but this crap explanation is insane and annoying. 

• Love 9

Oh, look, Michael provided an excuse for Sonny's behavior--grief! It's his grief for Morgan that's causing him to be a raging jackass. It isn't Sonny's fault that he's dealing with his son's death by doing and saying reprehensible things! He's just overwhelmed by the PAIN! Damn, Michael, do your arms hurt from making that reach??

Finn lost me today with his attitude. You're an addict, so don't scoff and act offended when people want proof that you're clean and committed to recovery.

I roll my eyes every time Nelle quotes wisdom from Michael Corinthos, lord and savior of the people of PC. Does she want him to be her boyfriend or her life coach? 

Hi, TJ! Bye, TJ! Tell Molly I miss her and that I wish we saw you two more often.

• Love 10

Why is Franco so creepily invested in Jake that he is going to chat tomorrow with Kiki about him? Why is he talking about Jake to anyone but Jason or Elizabeth?

Three guesses that if this was Cam or Aiden with the emotional problems and undiagnosed PTSD, Franco wouldn't care and Liz would notice even less than she did with Jake.

• Love 5

The painting story is boring. I thought they resolved Tracy's daddy issues with that sloppy Pickle Lila story. Samira is incredibly creepy, maybe it's the eyes.

Michael should not be relegated to parental marriage counselor. I hate that his life centers around his parents. This show suffers for not integrating the cast in a more natural way. I want to watch him interact with friends, lovers, coworkers. I miss seeing actual friendships. Michael deserves his own version of the four musketeers. As cheesy as all the brownie eating was, it was more interesting than watching Michael prop the gremlin who murdered his bio dad.

Carly snarling at Nelle was nostalgic. For me, Carly is at her best when she is being unbearable.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, stlbf said:

The whole Joss needed a kidney was idiotic before, but this crap explanation is insane and annoying. 

I love how they've decided to just ignore the logistics of how Jax got Nelle's kidney so quickly. They should have said he looked on the Dark Web, and the kidney he found happened to be Nelle's. What a coinkydink she's Frank Benson's daughter! That has more logic than what we've been told.

Edited by dubbel zout
spelling
  • Love 8
39 minutes ago, lovelynn said:

Michael should not be relegated to parental marriage counselor. I hate that his life centers around his parents. This show suffers for not integrating the cast in a more natural way. I want to watch him interact with friends, lovers, coworkers. I miss seeing actual friendships. Michael deserves his own version of the four musketeers. As cheesy as all the brownie eating was, it was more interesting than watching Michael prop the gremlin who murdered his bio dad.

Michael needs friends who are his own age.  Is there anyone from his age group that can be brought back?  Serena Baldwin or Tommy Hardy are two that come to mind.  Wouldn't it be fun to watch Scott and Sonny's heads explode if Serena and Michael got together?  Why can't they have Michael and Dillon become great friends?  Michael could be a great character if they stopped writing him as the Corrinthi Fixer.  

• Love 7

Carly saying, "don't even think about loving Michael" cracked me up, because you know she wants to say that to every woman who even looks at Michael. She probably wanted to say it to Joss and Morgan too, honestly.

Speaking of Joss, sorry show, but you're gonna need something a little more than Michael and Sonny saying that Sonny cares that he hurt Joss. I've, you know, watched Sonny. For years. And there is nothing that has shown me he would more than vaguely care about his stepdaughter who he's only been around the last 2 years.

Okay, two "conspiracy" theories that I am pulling out of my butt:

FV told CD and CL to do something to their looks to try them make them look a bit hotter and edgier. Thus, the new hair for both of them.

This drug story didn't work well for ME/Finn, so FV (or the writers on their own) decided to make Finn full-tilt McBain in a labcoat again. He's been totally sarcastic the past couple of days, and Finn was originally not sarcastic at all. Either that, or they can't afford the lizard anymore and they're too lazy to show Finn is idiosyncratic, with, you know, writing, so snarky Finn it is.

Griffin annoyed me. Maybe Hayden didn't feel like confiding in anyone.

I'm okay with everything Brad is doing out of sheer stubbornness. 

I did laugh at Tracy saying "nobody cares!" Otherwise, eh at this whole thing.

Nelle should sleep with Jax. I just need to see Carly's pissed off reaction lol.

53 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

They should have said he looked on the Dark Web

Or Johnny's guys!

4 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Michael could be a great character if they stopped writing him as the Corrinthi Fixer.  

I wouldn't go that far lol, but let him him talk to anyone else who is not Nelle, Joss, Sonny or Carly. Even him and Kiki chatting would be okay.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, ulkis said:

This drug story didn't work well for ME/Finn, so FV (or the writers on their own) decided to make Finn full-tilt McBain in a labcoat again. He's been totally sarcastic the past couple of days, and Finn was originally not sarcastic at all. Either that, or they can't afford the lizard anymore and they're too lazy to show Finn is idiosyncratic, with, you know, writing, so snarky Finn it is.

This conspiracy theory seems plausible, he's certainly back to McBain levels of insufferable for me.  And the way they're using Brad, in an attempt to make us feel bad for Dr. Michael Easton, made me think of all the characters thrown under the bus for McBain over the years on OLTL.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

Sonny:  Jax brought this on himself when he slept with your mother.

Not when he bought a kidney for his sick daughter, but when he slept with Carly.  Of course.

Too bad Jax is already out of jail so that Sonny doesn't have to really pay for what he did.

18 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Why is it ridiculous that Sam is concerned about her mother? Yeah, they've got kids but is there a rule that you can only care about one family member at a time?

It's the hypocrisy of the Sonny/Carly/Jason/Sam combo that I can't stand.  It's always about how great Sonny, Jason and Carly are and how special and not bound to the rules of anyone else.  Why didn't Jason the holy hitman and Sam just go to where Julian is instead of calling the police?

At least Carly said today that "like me" Nelle will trash everything.  How about trying to help Nelle so she doesn't get into the trouble you do, Carly?  Maybe as a thank you for saving your daughter's life?

9 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

Sweet Mother of Nathan West! She does kickboxing. DON'T GET ANY IDEAS, SHOW!

I don't know if anyone else here watches Arrow but I am so glad they didn't hire this actress for the newest Black Canary.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Too bad Jax is already out of jail so that Sonny doesn't have to really pay for what he did.

And meanwhile, the show got to "redeem" Nelle, which...whatever.  She was bland as toast as a "scheming bad girl", I suspect she's going to be even worse as this wounded bird that people just can't forgive.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, lovelynn said:

Samira is incredibly creepy, maybe it's the eyes.

It's the eyes and the eyelashes and the weird way she walks and her boobs. Every time she's on screen I'm trying to figure out why she looks weird instead of paying attention to anything that's going on lol.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I'm okay with everything Brad is doing out of sheer stubbornness. 

+1

Nelle should sleep with Jax. I just need to see Carly's pissed off reaction lol.

ngl I have been wanting this since Jax came back at the beginning of this story lol. 

Finn is such a dick. I know the writers/FV think it's so cute, but it's not. He's literally just 100% McBain now. And to think at first he was actually kinda decent and fun. This show ruins literally everything.

Nelle's hair looks like a wig. It's so distracting. Which honestly is probably for the best because all her scenes are boring.

Carly's makeup was distractingly horrible today.

I skipped everything TJ/Jordan/Curtis because I never gave one shit about TJ, I hate Jordan now, and Jordan/Curtis is dull as hell. I skipped everything Michael/Sonny because I just can't.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

She was bland as toast as a "scheming bad girl"

They couldn't even make her a full-fledged schemer. Nelle didn't dupe Sonny into thinking he'd done something that was totally against his grain. Say what you want about early Carly, but girlfriend knew how to cause trouble.

• Love 4

This new gal Samir (sp.)...her eyes as well as her gestures remind me of this character who appeared in only one episode of the Sopranos....when Silvio and Chris went to Rhode Island to meet with an aging mobster, his daughter opens the door and she is blind and she reminds me exactly of Samir. Anyone remember this? It is all I can think of when I see Samir - she is really creepy...and she also looks cross-eyed to me....can't take her seriously and this story is ridiculous IMO....poor Jane E.....what a way to go out

• Love 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:
4 hours ago, lovelynn said:

Samira is incredibly creepy, maybe it's the eyes.

It's the eyes and the eyelashes and the weird way she walks and her boobs. Every time she's on screen I'm trying to figure out why she looks weird instead of paying attention to anything that's going on lol.

Its like they gave her some ill fitting blue tinted contact lenses that she has developed an allergy to or they re causing a cornea ulcer or something.  I missed the beginning of the show when she came on, so when I first saw her I thought she was blind with 2 glass eyes.

ETA: Do we know if the actress is actually blind, because then I will feel bad that I said t

Edited by Blackie

I didn't expect Dr. Michael Easton to immediately fully embrace the recovery lifestyle, but I also didn't expect him to be such a giant whiner, either. Sheesh. He's got the cushiest deal imaginable: Nonresidential, can still be at his place of work. Peeing in a cup is hardly unexpected or an insult.

And speaking of whining, heeeeeeer's Sonny! What a petulant baby. It doesn't matter that his stepdaughter is alive. Her evil father, Sonny's archnemesis, is at fault for bringing the donor to Port Charles and forcing her to set him up. It's all Jax's fault Sonny is an idiot.

Michael spends more time playing counselor/go-between to Sonny and Carly than he does working at ELQ.

Rebecca Budig is Jewish. Who knew? Diversity!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Why didn't Jason the holy hitman and Sam just go to where Julian is instead of calling the police?

What else can they do if Jason isn't going to murder his wife's bio-dad?

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Do we know if the actress is actually blind, because then I will feel bad that I said t

She's not.

Speaking of her eyes, I just went to check her Twitter and she said it's her real eye color. She also doesn't look as strange in real life, so the GH makeup/hair/wardrobe department strikes again.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Vella said:

That doesn't really change the fact that he threatened her life and she ended up reuniting with him. Or take Sonny/Sam for example. How did they meet? Oh, he took her hostage and held a gun to her head and then before you could blink, they fucked and she became his pregnant mistress. Sam has absolutely been there. Her life gets threatened and it doesn't stop her from climbing into bed with these men. So for her to try to sound so wise by passionately talking about ending the cycle of violence to a guy who once threatened to kill her after both had just threatened a boat captain with violence in exchange for information is a fucking joke. 

So much THIS. They are back to propping Sonny - a man who has threatened and degraded her mother, a man she called out years ago for pushing people (along with Jason) to 'fall in line' with what those two wanted/demanded people do, according to their 'code of what is correct.' But Sonny must always be #1 on this show, so his current enemy Julian gets written as the worst mobster ever for first being responsible for Duke's death, and then holding a knife to Alexis' throat only to be  *saved by Sonny*. Therefore, Sam gets to hate her father forever and be forever grateful to a POS. 

Carly has always been a train wreck, who 'fell in love' with an equally toxic character, and has reunited with him multiple times despite being shot in the head, called a whore, cheated on, etc.  She indoctrinated an innocent child, toddler Michael, into a Stockholm Syndrome-esque parent-child relationship with Sonny. That's really why Michael still loves Sonny to this day, and chose to not hate him anymore over AJ's murder. Some gratitude for Sonny taking that bomb out of his hands on the Haunted Star, and a sense of duty to be a good big bro to Morgan and Kristina  - who loved dad Sonny regardless - also played into him getting past the rage and hurt, I'm sure. Michael really understands now that Sonny is an 'institutionalized' mobster, who is incapable of being a decent human being. Carly never *got* that, and neither did Sam. Their way of thinking is so deeply f*ed up, that they are unable to clearly see what Sonny already was when they met him, and what Jason has become over time under Sonny's influence (as opposed to Robin, who knew Jason when he was a young Q and saw him change over time). 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, ulkis said:

Finn wasn't sarcastic at all? That was a huge part of his personality in the very beginning. It's part of why he and Tracy clicked. I never really watched McBain, because OLTL was a boring show, and when McBain came to GH, he was eventually sniffing around Sam and I had no interest. I do think the same actors play different characters, who may or may not have things in common, in much the same way. Much like from the little bit I was able to bear of NLG as Julia Wainright....I think she plays Alexis the EXACT same way. Right down to the *vomits* panting in "passionate" scenes.

Most actors DO have a style, very few performers can completely immerse themselves and make three different characters completely distinctive, especially when they are given so little to work with. ME is no Olivier, never will be...but there also isn't one single other male actor on this show that I can say IS all that great anymore. So if he is less than sometimes, he's got company.

Personally, I am not going to knock anything they give JE to do-or who she gets to do it with-as long as she isn't romantically tied to Luke at the end. I'd rather not see TG's face, but I can take her seeing him across a crowded room if it comes to that, because I can fanwank she told him what for off-screen. I have no expectations they'll write a great story for her, but at least what has happened thus far actually seems to be somewhat about her. And Finn/Tracy have been one of the only bearable parts of this show for me the past year, so I'm going to take what I can get.

• Love 1

I'm never going to argue in defense of Sonny/Sam, that shit was gross on every level. But at least Sam was a stranger to Sonny, Julian put his wife in that position. I think Sonny/Sam would still win a vileness competition on the basis of the general sleaziness of the relationship but it doesn't make Julexis look good that that is its closest comparison

• Love 4

IWantCandy, maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I think Finn was much more socially awkward and eccentric than outright snarky, which is what he's been the last couple of episodes. He was more the geek who would not really register what Brad was saying, than putting him down with a cool quip like he did today.

• Love 2

All the this talk of Sonny/Sam reminded me of the time Sam slept with Rick, her mother's husband even if she didn't know Alexis was her mother back then.  Wasn't that back when Alexis had cancer?  Sam is the last person who should be accusing someone else of being vile.

• Love 2

ulkis,  I remember the snark and the sarcasm. I do get what you are saying, but  I saw (and still see, when he isn't mooning like he was today) both the snarkiness and the awkwardness. The first conversation he and Tracy ever had was full of quipping back and forth. True enough that he hasn't been like THAT in a while-but again-since he's been with Hayden all the fun has been sucked right out of him. It's been nothing but pain and angst since they hooked those two up. I miss FUN Finn. Hayden does him no favors.  I miss the Finn that got a charge  out of diagnosing weird diseases. In THAT respect, yes, he is less quirky than when he started out. I remember many people saying he was too weird for a pairing.  Now, he's becoming as bland and generic as......every other guy on canvas. What a shame. Anyway, one particular memory of him popping off is when Tracy first got sick and Paul was being nosy....can't remember the words, but I do remember Epiphany smiling in the  background. The dissing was a lot like the stuff with Brad today.  THAT Finn? He  hasn't been that Finn in a while. I'd much rather have that version of him back, and keep him out of a pairing indefinitely, than to see the ridiculous mooning over a woman he doesn't really know all that well, when you get down to brass tacks.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1

That doesn't really change the fact that he threatened her life and she ended up reuniting with him. Or take Sonny/Sam for example. How did they meet? Oh, he took her hostage and held a gun to her head and then before you could blink, they fucked and she became his pregnant mistress. Sam has absolutely been there. Her life gets threatened and it doesn't stop her from climbing into bed with these men. So for her to try to sound so wise by passionately talking about ending the cycle of violence to a guy who once threatened to kill her after both had just threatened a boat captain with violence in exchange for information is a fucking joke. 

2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I'm never going to argue in defense of Sonny/Sam, that shit was gross on every level. But at least Sam was a stranger to Sonny, Julian put his wife in that position. I think Sonny/Sam would still win a vileness competition on the basis of the general sleaziness of the relationship but it doesn't make Julexis look good that that is its closest comparison

I never warmed to Sonny/Sam just because I didn't see much chemistry. I don't think they were any more sleazy than other relationships where someone is acting as the other woman/man. I definitely don't think they're sleazier than Julexis. Like you said, the Sonny/Sam situation isn't comparable to Julexis because Sonny and Sam were strangers at the time. And comparing it to Sam/Jason's situation doesn't work either IMO. Yeah, Jason threatened her but it's not like Sam was Jo Innocent in that situation. I don't necessarily think she deserved to have her life threatened, and I've always been on Sam's side when she and Jason have butted heads including this period, but Sam was pretty much temporarily insane at this point and kept threatening and using Jason's kid to get to him. So he threatened her to get her to back off. I don't believe he ever repeated the threat and he never actually physically harmed Sam. Unlike Julian who actually held a knife to Alexis' throat. Oh, and not just any knife. Julian decided to be an extra special douche and use the knife that was used to kill Alexis' mother as a young Alexis watched. 

And again I say so what if Sam is being hypocritical about this, that happens with family. When Alexis found out she was Sam's mother, she didn't want Sam anywhere near Jason which was absolutely logical given Sam had just gotten shot in the back. This despite the fact that Alexis had slept with/been in relationships with shady characters herself. Alexis was right to be concerned then and Sam is right to be concerned now.

3 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Finn wasn't sarcastic at all? That was a huge part of his personality in the very beginning.

I agree. It's one of the reasons I liked Finn from the start because of his humor and snark.

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

All the this talk of Sonny/Sam reminded me of the time Sam slept with Rick, her mother's husband even if she didn't know Alexis was her mother back then.  Wasn't that back when Alexis had cancer?  Sam is the last person who should be accusing someone else of being vile.

Yeah, not Sam's greatest half-hour. She sucked. But she and Alexis have moved past it and that has nothing to do with Alexis and Julian's situation.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Linny said:

Finn lost me today with his attitude. You're an addict, so don't scoff and act offended when people want proof that you're clean and committed to recovery.

Jelly is so setting up that  Bad Brad is going to tamper with the results of Poor Innocent Finn.

Brad: Dr. Finn is a functioning addict who is putting our patients at risk.

Monica: We can set up outpatient treatment.

Brad: But he also arranged for Jax to get a kidney for his daughter through Frank Benson and help cached a million dollars in his account.

Monica: He's quite resourceful in saving a young girl's life.

Brad: He's also ordered the hit on Duke, Carlos, & Jordan, put a bomb that killed Morgan, and ordered Julian to kill Alexis.

Monica: That is quite unfortunate, but he did save the hospital by selling his patent to the unscrupulous pharmaceutical firm.

Brad: He also built a weather machine and froze the town.

Monica: How resourceful and talented is he! We're glad he's working for us.

Sonny: Geez, even *I* can't get this much propping.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Personally, I am not going to knock anything they give JE to do-or who she gets to do it with-as long as she isn't romantically tied to Luke at the end. I'd rather not see TG's face, but I can take her seeing him across a crowded room if it comes to that, because I can fanwank she told him what for off-screen. I have no expectations they'll write a great story for her, but at least what has happened thus far actually seems to be somewhat about her. And Finn/Tracy have been one of the only bearable parts of this show for me the past year, so I'm going to take what I can get.

Oh, while Finn is bugging me lately, anyone usually automatically improves around JE/Tracy.

• Love 2

With just a little extra makeup and those eyes, Samira could easily pass for Marilyn Manson. Perhaps she could raise money by performing at one of PC's music venues...The Outback...Luke's Club...oh, wait, that just leaves the Haunted Star. Well, she could busk outside Sonnybuck's.

Sam's had several of the men of PC warming her bed, but for the life of me, I can't remember if Jax was ever one of them. Anyone? Bueller?

6 minutes ago, TheMediaHo said:

Sam's had several of the men of PC warming her bed, but for the life of me, I can't remember if Jax was ever one of them. Anyone? Bueller?

He was the very first one. 

• Love 2

I think it's reasonable for Sam to hate Julian for hurting her mother. What was unreasonable was Kristina/Molly giving him slack just because he left a nice letter after he was "dead". All of Alexis's kids are champion grudge holders. 

The fact that Julian, who knows his wife is on edge because he tried to murder her, stalked her while pretending to be dead just makes him look worse

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5