Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I think it would be good soap if Sonny accidentally shot Joss. 

Seems like it would just be a replay of tween Michael gets shot (unless the bullet went in near the transplanted kidney). When Carly gets angry at Sonny, we hear "my son" or "my daughter" so she could remind him that he's only bio dad to Morgan.  I think little Avery as victim is the only child shooting for S&C that would increase the drama. Then Sonny would have two irritating blondes screaming in his face.  The only compelling acting would come from Chad D., in Michael's angry and horrified reaction.  Then someone, maybe Mac, could wander by and say, "You all knew what happens in this life you chose, being around Sonny. Michael's just very lucky to have survived his shooting, and time in prison."

• Love 4

How many times has Carly heard this she's a whore speech? And has still gone back?! She looked pretty over it this time. I hope anyway. Sonny deserved that slap. 

It will never fail to amuse me that GH recasts Rocco and Danny 17 times but they can't be bothered to find a teen to play Cameron? 

I love seeing Curtis and Hayden. I've always been curious about them turning into something more. Not while she's trying to get over Finn  though. I do like them together. 

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I can't even remember what's going on with Curtis and Jordan.  Are they dating, not dating, what?

They're friends. They've danced around things, but so far it's platonic. I hope they stay friends, because this show desperately needs that. Couples are either antagonistic or schmoopy.

Wow, how generous of Kristina to "accept [Alexis's] grief for Julian."

3 hours ago, Vyk said:

On another note, thank God they finally addressed Lulu's feelings for Charlotte vs. her feelings for Rocco.  It really was beginning to look like she'd forgotten all about him.

Lulu was more reasonable talking to Rocco about Charlotte that she's ever been.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Lulu was more reasonable talking to Rocco about Charlotte that she's ever been.

Probably due to Kate Hall, who wrote today's script.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Wow, how generous of Kristina to "accept [Alexis's] grief for Julian."

Hey, did Kristina ever apologize for being a selfish bitch when Alexis told her about her alcoholism? 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Damn at Sonny's reaction to Carly fucking Jax. I mean I figured he'd be a dick because he is a dick, but they took it pretty far. How do they seriously think it's OK that they treat this man as the romantic lead of the show/as a hero?

Oh I don't know why that's confusing.  Because when Lucky did it to Elizabeth he was lauded for laying some "truths" on Elizabeth.  Wasn't Lucky seen as some paragon by the show as well when that loser JJ was in the role?  How is this any different?  Lucky is and was a dick as well, imo.  He's always been a prick and Guza poured it on Elizabeth so that Lucky could be the victim during the niz crap.  

*snorting* at the real reason for the difference, imo.  Elizabeth had it coming while Sonny is a bad guy for doing it to Carly.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Damn at Sonny's reaction to Carly fucking Jax. I mean I figured he'd be a dick because he is a dick, but they took it pretty far. How do they seriously think it's OK that they treat this man as the romantic lead of the show/as a hero?

Sonny has been like this for more than 20 years.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, dr. gailey said:

So a bleeding child who has a history of getting hit by cars should have been left to do as he wanted while Sam pulled out a phone to call his folks. Okay she should file this information for future interaction with Jake.

So you're saying Sam is incapable of multi-tasking of dialing a phone and looking for the boy that didn't like her?  Yeah, her pea brain does only function one task at time.  I grant you that.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, coffee drinker said:

Wasn't Lucky seen as some paragon by the show as well when that loser JJ was in the role?  How is this any different?  Lucky is and was a dick as well, imo.  He's always been a prick and Guza poured it on Elizabeth so that Lucky could be the victim during the niz crap.  

*snorting* at the real reason for the difference, imo.  Elizabeth had it coming while Sonny is a bad guy for doing it to Carly.  

There were a few differences between the situations.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 8

I'm fanwanking that Carly and Sonny are making a big deal out of this because of Morgan. Nelle and some Jax sex should be no big deal at this point for Sonny and Carly.

I don't think the show views Sonny as the main romantic lead. I don't know if they would consider themselves to have one.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Hey, did Kristina ever apologize for being a selfish bitch when Alexis told her about her alcoholism? 

Kristina doesn't apologize for her obnoxious behavior.  She is her father's daughter.

• Love 4

Speaking of Kristina, regarding that maybe chem test with her and Nathan the other day, something on Twitter reminded me that these two currently are supposed to think they're cousins.  Not that Jean and Shelly probably remember that, or even knew it to begin with.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Speaking of Kristina, regarding that maybe chem test with her and Nathan the other day, something on Twitter reminded me that these two currently are supposed to think they're cousins.  Not that Jean and Shelly probably remember that, or even knew it to begin with.

Jelly totally forgot that. So did I, but I'm not being paid to write this show, am I?

Still, you know...Cassadines. They roll that way.

• Love 6

OMG, Mo was bad today.  Worse than usual bad.

Laura Wright has great chem with Ingo; none with Mo.  She and MB have the opposite of chemistry.

Curtis is so fine.  He sizzles with everyone.  He even sparks with inanimate objects: the bench he was sitting on, the brown paper bag .  I want more Curtis dammit.  Unfortunately, the only way he'll ever get lead status is if they steer him towards Carly and I don't think I can wish that on him.

I'm really going to miss Jane.  And the Q dwindle continues.

Edited by amaranta
  • Love 9

Sonny's rhetorical tactics to make himself sound better were UCG. First, he says he always knew there was something fishy about the Nelle situation, because he has been drinking heavily his whole life, "drinking to get to sleep, drinking until I'm unconscious," but he's never blacked out. What a winner! That's definitely the first card I'd play to get someone to return, who has left me for the time being: asking the other person to carefully consider all of the specifics of my chronic alcoholism. 

I'd barely stopped guffawing over that, and then a scene or two later, he said it was just crazy that he would ever sleep with someone like Nelle. She wasn't his type. Like, rest easy, Carly, you had nothing to worry about here: Frank Benson's daughter isn't a petite brunette. If the young woman seeking twisted revenge on you had had that Brenda/Hannah/Claire look, who knows, but he didn't want to tap dat at all.  

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Melgaypet said:
8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Jelly totally forgot that. So did I, but I'm not being paid to write this show, am I?

Still, you know...Cassadines. They roll that way.

They've never established that Nathan's dad is a Cassadine, so the PFMs may be wanking that loose thread the same way they wanked Nelle possibly being Michael's sister -- Hooking Up Before Interesting Storyline.

16 hours ago, Linny said:

Sonny: "Good news, Carly! I didn't actually fuck up (this time). And I know I'm kind of terrible across the board, but hey, you love me, right? We can totally get back together now!"

Jax: [lets his naked chest do the talking for him]

Sonny: "You bitchslutwhore! I am so BETRAYED!"

You know, when Carrrrrrrrlos said a tenth of that to Carly at the Metro Court, Jason had Carrrrrlos kissing a table and forcing him to apologize.

how is that all the people that sonny and carly sleep with dont share stds?  

when is nelle going to stop crying. noone believes she is sorry. sonny is right when he says there is something wrong her.

franco is a 50 year old who is friends with a kid. liz should break up with him. 

remember when connie was so disgusted about the idea of marrying sonny ,she cut up the cake. i want to see carly cut up something of sonnys. 

she should mess up his coffee warehouse or destroy his clothes. 

2 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

They've never established that Nathan's dad is a Cassadine, so the PFMs may be wanking that loose thread the same way they wanked Nelle possibly being Michael's sister -- Hooking Up Before Interesting Storyline.

But right now, in-story, Nathan believes his father to be Victor Cassadine.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, lor said:

when is nelle going to stop crying. noone believes she is sorry.

I believe she's sorry. Unfortunately. I wish she wasn't, but she is. She'll be on her knees begging Sonny/Carly/Michael for forgiveness in no time. Sigh.

• Love 4

I mean, I've said it time and again, but it is insane to me how badly the writers bungled every aspect of this Nelle story, a tried and true, classic as fuck soap story that should have written itself.

And why is this show allergic to scheming bad girls among the younger set?

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Sonny's rhetorical tactics to make himself sound better were UCG.

I know. And he only pays lip service to the fact that what Carly is upset about is being lied to for weeks on end. She doesn't care that much that he slept with Nelle. I like that they let Carly point out that Sonny demands honesty and loyalty from everyone around him yet never reciprocates, and that's somehow okay.

I really wish Jax had frog-marched Sonny out of Carly's house. 

5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And why is this show allergic to scheming bad girls among the younger set?

The show is allergic to scheming bad girls of any age. Look how Rebecca Budig and Ava have been defanged. And Lauren, for that matter. Her original introduction was as someone who set up poker games so she could dupe bad players.

• Love 2

And Carly has somehow become the show's matriarch, blech.

I was definitely thinking of Kiki.  We already have a bland "heroine" in her among the very small younger set, why does Nelle have to follow the same mold?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

I don't care how annoying and played out Finn's drug addiction is. He loves Tracy enough to miss her and to apologize to her. Pretty much nobody else has ever bothered. Yeah, I realize that's partly because of her manners as well. Still, I am going to miss that friendship. Male/female friendships are rare on TV, and good ones are even more so. But hey, we still have Jarly. Yay. I am.so.glad.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 6

I mean, I'd be fine with it going to bonetown, but I actually kinda like the Curtis/Rebecca Budig friendship and if it stayed platonic and they were just close buddies who supported each other (and let's have her take a turn at supporting him, kay?), I wouldn't mind that either.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Is Cam 13 yet? He was born in 2003/2004 right?

Almost 13--he was born (off screen) in May 2004.  

How many women have Jax and Sonny shared?  There's Carly, Brenda, Sam--any others?  

5 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

How many women have Jax and Sonny shared?  There's Carly, Brenda, Sam--any others?  

I believe Kate/Connie and Jax at least kissed, I'm not sure they slept together.

And as far as non-carnal romantic entanglements, Sonny of course slept with/had a child with Jax's best friend and Jax slept with/married Sonny's sister.

Just now, TeeVee329 said:

non-carnal romantic entanglements

Not meaning to be that asshole at all, but what do you mean by this? Carnal means "relating to physical, especially sexual, needs and activities."

• Love 1

I meant that, in the case of Alexis and Courtney, they weren't women that Sonny and Jax both slept with, but that those were romantic relationships that in some way entangled them with each other.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I meant that, in the case of Alexis and Courtney, they weren't women that Sonny and Jax both slept with, but that those were romantic relationships that in some way entangled them with each other.

Ah, gotcha. I put the emphasis on the wrong syllable, as it were.

Brad talking to an OFF-SCREEN Lucy about an OFF-SCREEN condo (that I assume we will never see) that he and an OFF-SCREEN Lucas have decided to buy made me want to punch my television.  Why does this show want to hurt me!

Three Quartermaines in one room, I'll take it.  And the Tracy/Ned scenes were sweet.  I'm in such denial about Tracy leaving us. *sobs into a pillow*

Loved Anna (or maybe Alex) showing Nina who's fuckin' boss.

I do not feel sorry for Dr. Michael Easton one tiny bit.

• Love 6

Ned and Tracy, must you be so sweet and lovely? I'm comfortable mocking this show, and you give me a genuinely heartfelt scene and I don't know what to do with myself. Seriously, they were great. Don't leave us, Tracy!

Nina, women who are secure in their relationship don't try to assault other women for having conversations with their husband. And distracting Valentin with sex is only going to get you so far. But sure, keep claiming that Anna is the one who's obsessed.

The GrifFinn scenes weren't bad, especially if the tough love approach will finally get Finn into rehab. I'd like him to be sober and be able to have some final scenes with Tracy before she's gone, because I did enjoy their friendship.

Yessss, the watch is a surveillance device! Okay, Anna, I'm interested in where you're taking this, so let's go.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Linny said:

Yessss, the watch is a surveillance device! Okay, Anna, I'm interested in where you're taking this, so let's go.

Did Valentin happen to be wearing the watch when Valentin told Nina that Lulu was a loose cannon and that she would sabotage her chances with Charlotte even without their help?

Is Cam 13 yet? He was born in 2003/2004 right?

He was born a year before Molly-- who is in college.

And therein lies the problem with selective SORAS-ing.  A couple years ago Cam (b. 2004), Spencer (b. 2006), Emma (b. 2008) and Joss (b. 2009) were all in the same age group.  Now Joss is 16 and the others are all around 11.  

• Love 4

FV should be the one most distressed about JE leaving. She is truly the linchpin for what's left of the show. I feel like she's already settled this issue several times about Edward's affection for her, but whatever I guess.

Nina is just . . . blerg. And of course Anna knew Nina was gonna slap her she wound up her arm 10 feet back like she was about to throw a baseball.

I know Laura is supposed to be a strong now and all, but reducing Valentin to his stutter mode is a bit much.

I thought it was a bit ridiculous of Finn to complain about feeling judged by Griffin, but then I remembered Griffin never makes Sonny feel judged so maybe he has a point.

Anyway, I feel like Finn is always sweating or bleeding or sniffing. 

• Love 7

I wasn't going to bother watching today because I've been out running errands, but I thought I'd at least see if there was anything worth watching. I expected to fast forward through almost everything like I usually do, but I actually watched everything except the Curtis/Jordan scenes. 

It's amazing how much this show improves when there's no Carly/Sonny/Jason/Sam/Franco/Liz related scenes. I mean it still sucks, but it's a watchable type of suck!

I actually really enjoyed this episode. I mean there were annoying things, most notablely Brad's entire life with Lucas being off screen, but overall it was pretty good. 

I still think Anna is really Alex, but this episode was the first one where she wasn't super off so I'm not entirely sure now.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

That picture of Hunchback!Valentin had me cracking up the entire show.

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I still think Anna is really Alex, but this episode was the first one where she wasn't super off so I'm not entirely sure now.

I think it's Alex, too. FH is playing it just off enough.

Laura has some nerve expecting Anna to help her with the custody stuff. I could see Anna doing some behind-the-scenes consulting, as it were, but it's not her problem that Lulu is a baby-crazed idiot.

LOL at Anna having Nina in an armlock. 

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I know Laura is supposed to be a strong now and all, but reducing Valentin to his stutter mode is a bit much.

I'm so tired of this Valentin/Anna/Nina/Laura/Lulu/Charlotte crap. It's boring and dragged out and badly written. 

Was Laura talking to Lulu at work? I thought Lulu wasn't at the Haunted Star anymore.

The Tracy/Ned scenes were really good. Awesome Writer must have snuck in those pages while everyone else was working on the latest Sonny/Carly fight.

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Was Laura talking to Lulu at work? I thought Lulu wasn't at the Haunted Star anymore.

She is. They just never show it. Which is why I want her to have Olivia's place at the Metro Court.

That picture of Hunchback!Valentin had me cracking up the entire show.

It's terrible.

Edited by ulkis
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And therein lies the problem with selective SORAS-ing.  A couple years ago Cam (b. 2004), Spencer (b. 2006), Emma (b. 2008) and Joss (b. 2009) were all in the same age group.  Now Joss is 16 and the others are all around 11.  

Selective SORAS out of order is one of my soap pets peeves.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

There were a few differences between the situations.

Sure, to you (as a Lucky fan) cheered that Elizabeth had it coming for crapping on poor paragon Lucky while Sonny is an a-hole as a character, to you, and therefore a dirtbag for doing the same sort of rant against Carly.   

*blinks*  Both men were dirt bags for going off on the woman as the wronged party.  How is that acceptable?  Ever.  Poor babies got their "fees-fees" hurt so that gives them the right to say disgusting things to the woman who hurt them?   It didn't bother you or make you cringe a little to hear Lucky say what he said?  That the writers didn't go too far with it then?  You can love the character and still think/see the writers went over the line with that dialogue.  Like I said, Guza set that up with Elizabeth never getting a fair shake so Lucky could be the wronged party.  

• Love 2

Well. For one thing, Sonny wasn't the wronged party. He and Carly were separated 1. because they both believed he cheated on her and 2. because he lied about it and allowed her and their son to be vulnerable to someone who wanted to harm them. She moved out of their house and told him their relationship was over.

Also? And this is important - Jax isn't Sonny's brother. Carly and Sonny weren't engaged to be married and planning a life together while she repeatedly screwed  his brother.

These aren't small, irrelevant differences and they're not just a matter of liking Lucky and not Sonny

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 14