Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I don't understand this show and it's need to redeem the members of its mob and other villians. There's the sacrificing of every character and their brains at the alter of Jason, Sonny and Carly. Anna, who is one of the strongest women on this show, former Comissioner of PC and a WSB agent, isn't allowed to take on OJ because Sonny and Carly need to be propped. The had Robin go to Obrecht for a job and now have Anna going to her for help, after everything that woman has put them through. Liz, a rape survivor is now in a relationship with Franco, a rapist. 

The thing is, it wouldn't take much to make this show watchable again. I'd watch the Scorpio family (esp. Robert, Anna and Robin) read the phone book together. They just did a story where Anna was diagnosed with PV. Even if they couldn't get Robert back, have they say he is somewhere deep undercover and can't be reached right now. They could have brought in Mac, Felicia and Maxie to support Anna as well. Bobbie, who used to be a good friend of Anna's could have shared scenes with her. That would be honoring the rich history these characters share.  

Instead, Robin is the only one around (and we don't even see her say goodbye!)and Felicia doesn't even mention it when she meets Anna. You wouldn't know that these characters have known each other 30+ years and are supposed to be family. I've been watching the Night Shift storyline with Robert having colon cancer and the stark contrast with the way it was handled compared to Anna's PV. 

I can't even get mad at the characters for the actions they take. It's not their fault they're being written like crap.

• Love 12

it happened on AMC, but, twas an abortion.  I'm actually surprised Charlotte isn't Lulu' s unaborted fetus.  The kid does resemble SC' s Dillion and either Lulu.  Also, as much flirting as Anna and Father Boring have done lately, making them mother/son is as dumb as making him a priest.  Oh yeah...

Watching now for the first time in mos...Why did Curtis shake Sonny's hand?  Why is Sonny intimidating super villains now?  Why is BM smiling like that?  Wtf is going on with Micheal Easton?  Where is the lizard?

• Love 3

Tracy is just finding out about Olivia turning down Ned's proposal?  Wasn't that, even in the show's in-world timeline, a while ago?  Maybe Tracy would be more abreast about what's going on with her son if she wasn't too busy talking to/about Rebecca Budig and Dr. Michael Easton all the damn time.

Jordan, dear, you are the police commissioner, you do not have to allow known mobsters to speak with prisoners in your custody.  Worst.

C'mon, Liz.  Two seconds of concern for Jake and then off to bonetown with Franco? 

Just go to rehab, Dr. Michael Easton, an off-screen one.

• Love 9

There was too much domesticity today. Last week we got a bomb scare and people held at gunpoint, and now I have to watch Liz use a foot spa and Finn in the shower? No thanks. But sure, fine, move Franco in, shout from the rooftops about what a wonderful man he is, I'll still be sitting here not giving a damn.

Danny lives! And he's so excited to see his parents for the first time in months! But wait, if Sam and Jason drove the baby home, and Danny was upstairs, who was watching him?

From snuggling a baby to dropping death threats: all in a day's work for Sonny Corinthos. He looked far too smug and impressed with himself. Thanks, Jordan, for enabling this mobster.

Finn: "Tie me up." Hayden: "Boy, you liked 50 Shades Darker more than I thought you did."

• Love 8

Was Day Player Waiter someone? He seemed to get more attention than he might otherwise.

LOL at Finn going through withdrawal. I'm surprised he didn't spend three days on the floor staring at the broken vial of sen sen or whatever it's called.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Linny said:

Danny lives! And he's so excited to see his parents for the first time in months! But wait, if Sam and Jason drove the baby home, and Danny was upstairs, who was watching him?

It probably should have been Molly/Kristina but FV has a death-grip on all the pennies that aren't allocated to the Franco Redemption Tour: 4th times the charm!!1!!11

• Love 7
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

I thought Luke had a kid named Ethan from when he cheated on Laura. No?

Yes, that's Ethan. Some people (including myself) think he should have been Robert and Holly's son, instead of Luke and Holly's.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Yes, that's Ethan. Some people (including myself) think he should have been Robert and Holly's son, instead of Luke and Holly's.

Well yeah. But that's only because it made sense, fit in the timeline, provided better stories for everyone involved and didn't damage two characters and three relationships.

Y'know - silly reasons

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 10

Was I supposed to find the Rebecca Budig/Finn shower scenes sexy? I didn't, but I got the feeling they were trying to make them somewhat erotic, which in the context of a drug addict going through withdrawals seems...inappropriate, at best. Or maybe I'm just an uptight fuddy-duddy.

Record needle scratch: Lord Larry was recast without a word! And sorry, but Hugo Napier is Larry Ashton.

Edited by dubbel zout
proper sound effect
  • Love 5

Why are Sam/Jason still on the show? WHY? Why are we getting USELESS scenes like today when so many other characters and stories get almost ZERO scenes or necessary moments? All of the scenes, on a real soap, would usually be a cue of one of them getting a fabulous job offer in Tokyo/Berlin/Phoenix etc. leading to sadfaces and goodbyes. But they WOULD leave.  Jason/Sam are not leaving so PLEASE show, stop wasting time on these idiots bragging about their parenting abilities when NEITHER of them bothered to tell Danny what his sister's name was. The kid had to ask. No wonder Molly hasn't shown her face, she knows what she's in for if she does. And then they actually add to the uselessness by having Sonny show up and waste even MORE time. Just fuck off with Jason/Sam show. Give them the boot already.

And Sonny ATTEMPTS to threaten someone else. Laughably so. Embarrassingly so.  They are STILL trying to make Fetch happen. STILL.  And using Jordan to do it. Ugh. Of course it's okay for Jordan to be compromised, to bend the rules for a fucking mobster, but the gross cherry was Curtis rushing over to praise Sonny for his intimidation abilities.

Best things about today? The hope that Tracy might NOT be exiting via Luke, but rather something Edward related AND Finn hilariously yelling about Roxie not appreciating him and that's why Hayden found her outside. Why couldn't we have seen THAT scene?

• Love 9

Record needle scratch: Lord Larry was recast without a word! And sorry, but Hugo Napier is Larry Ashton

Well, there was a casting call for a sixty something British con man out about two months ago, which added fire to the at the time still rumor of JE retiring. Everyone assumed-correctly-that it was Lord Larry. But recasting? Silly show. I can see HN not being available as he tours with his son's band when not busy with other things, but Tracy has so many interesting people in her past, they didn't have to recast a face the current audience barely knows, anyway.

They could have had Valentin keeping Popsicle!Alexandra Q in his basement, she's accidentally unthawed, bad guys are chasing her, Tracy helps her escape and they go on the lam, Alex Q comes back a month later saying Tracy hooked up with Larry offscreen. Sort of happy ending for Tracy, and we get a fierce female Q to somewhat take her place. That way, the new face just isn't a plot point, but is someone who fills a void and serves a purpose.
But noooo. We get Not Larry, like he's a pair of shoes you can exchange. Boo, show. That's just dumb.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 4

Jordan, you're gross. Don't dangle a job on the PCPD to get Curtis to go to dinner with you. That's sexual harassment.

I like to think (i.e., I have to think) Olivia was pretending to be scared of Sonny so he'd go away faster. 

And LOL that Danny had to be told that babies get bigger. A better way to phrase that would have been that Scout will be bigger before he knows it.

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Why did Curtis shake Sonny's hand?  

They're best buds now that Curtis helped Jason find the real bomber and clear poor Sonny's name.  

1 hour ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Why is Sonny intimidating super villains now?

Because it's written in his contract.  

1 hour ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Why is BM smiling like that?  

Constipation?

Wtf is going on with Micheal Easton?

Dr Hamilton Finn is going through withdrawal.  (Unless you literally meant ME, then, I don't know!)

Where is the lizard?

Roxie tried to escape the crazy today, but Hayden found her brought her back.  Poor thing. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

You can say that about at least 3/4 of the show. It's absurd that things are so badly done.

I've watched Sam, year after year, in pairings that center on discussions of how amazing and beautiful and strong and blah they are. I'm spent. Let's create a story, folks.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I think I'd rather watch a story about Roxie's continuous bid for freedom than most of the things on the show right now

Roxie is the smartest character on this show. Is she poisonous? Bite those fools, Roxie!

• Love 9
46 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Wasn't Alexandra Q brought on in the 80s to take Tracy's place initially?

She was brought on to fill the void JE left, yes-and that's the main reason I thought of her. That, and an actual Cassadine who might have some teeth, being around. Valentin isn't quite as creepy as Stavros-but I could see him keeping someone a prisoner for decades, if it served a purpose. No doubt the Q mansion needs a fierce female busting skulls and taking names.

1 minute ago, Melgaypet said:

Roxie is the smartest character on this show. Is she poisonous? Bite those fools, Roxie!

Roxie is the only one lately who is trying to GET OUT.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I've watched Sam, year after year, in pairings that center on discussions of how amazing and beautiful and strong and blah they are. I'm spent. Let's create a story, folks.

Liar! I don't believe you possibly stayed awake during Sam/First Dr McBain character, so how could you know what they talked about?!

• Love 3

I am the opposite. Sam with her family is the only thing I cared about today. I loved every mushy part of it. After the royal fucked up mess that was Danny's birth, this more than makes up for it.

Danny had a sitter. Jason paid her at the beginning of the show offscreen.

Danny needed to know babies grow cause apparently Cam has Benjamin Button disease. Scout will be older than him next week.

Hopefully Scout sees her aunts tomorrow. Also hope she meets Curtis since he graces the penthouse tomorrow.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

I've watched Sam, year after year, in pairings that center on discussions of how amazing and beautiful and strong and blah they are. I'm spent. Let's create a story, folks

But, adventure buddies!!!1!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Record needle scratch: Lord Larry was recast without a word! And sorry, but Hugo Napier is Larry Ashton.

I was trying to place the actor, then I did! Friends! The salesman at the jewelry place where Chandler buys Monica's ring.

This is all I've got for today's show.

• Love 4

Are they putting the cue cards in a new spot, cuz today I noticed EVERYBODY reading them. Even JE. Usually I only notice Maurice, cuz he gives zero fucks about the fact that he is reading cue cards and doesn't try to disguise it. I swear even the baby was looking at them today. 

As an addict, Finn's detox is beyond laughable. Um, if he was able to get into the shower and then switch into a comfy robe, then he probably could have gotten undressed BEFORE the shower, but I guess that wouldn't have been as dramatic or moist or something. I would think as a doctor, he would be aware that something called medical detox exists which could make it much easier on him, but duct taping himself to a chair is good too. EYEROLL

Last week Sonny offered his Problem Disappearing Services to Dante, this week he offers them to the infant Scout as Jason & Sam look on affectionately. So sweet.

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Was Day Player Waiter someone? He seemed to get more attention than he might otherwise.

I thought he had to be someone too becasue yea he was getting a weird amount of attention. Plus he did seem kinda familiar to me.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Was I supposed to find the Rebecca Budig/Finn shower scenes sexy? I didn't, but I got the feeling they were trying to make them somewhat erotic, which in the context of a drug addict going through withdrawals seems...inappropriate, at best. Or maybe I'm just an uptight fuddy-duddy.

If you want to see a 'someone helps a drug addict into a shower' scene that is sexy as hell but isn't trying to be because the writers know that would be gross, watch Life. Actually, just in general, watch Life because it's one of the bets shows ever. Anyway! They were clearly trying to make that sexy which is gross, but also it failed so miserably.

44 minutes ago, dr. gailey said:

Also hope she meets Curtis since he graces the penthouse tomorrow.

I have no use for the Sonny/Jason worshiper that Curtis has become, but I would live for a scene of him holding that adorable baby.

This episode was gross and rage inducing on so many levels. And then it was just completely boring on all other levels. Ugh seriously why am I still watching? Why do I punish myself?!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

I think we had all the time spent on JasSam and baby today because the writers know that we are kvelling over Scout and Scout is making the most of her power. She still has that strange sideways look that makes me wonder if she has a little alien blood in her--or maybe she's just working us. When Sonny the evil godfather was promising his protection over her, things did get creepy. I was wishing she would have reached out and bapped him on the nose then with her little fist.

What is it with Anna and that teapot she keeps pouring for visitors? First Liv was into tea as a Resurrection Restorative, and now our Anna has been playing hostess when before she didn't even own a proper teapot.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

What is it with Anna and that teapot she keeps pouring for visitors?

I hope she's secretly trying to poison everyone in the whole town.

• Love 4

Soooo I got crazy busy this month and basically missed all Nora from OLTL's appearances except her first day. Anybody know how to hook me up? Gimme a shout peeeacceee

Also if they make Griffin Anna's kid jfc that is so stupid

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

Also if they make Griffin Anna's kid jfc that is so stupid

Yep it will be more fun if they fall into bed and a hot affair, then discover that they are son and mother.

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 4:44 PM, IWantCandy71 said:

I gotta put this out there...out of ALL the folks in town....I think Lesley Lu Spencer having a breakdown is looong overdue. I'm all for it. I bet Emme could do some good CrazyFace.

Yes her breakdown and cray-cray could follow the pattern of her mama, when Laura was a wig-on-a-stick.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Yes her breakdown and cray-cray could follow the pattern of her mama, when Laura was a wig-on-a-stick.

Haven't they done this before, back when she was with Johnny, when she killed Logan?  When she was all, "I inherited the crazy from my mom".

9 hours ago, LexieLily said:

She and Valentin weren't allowing Lulu into Charlotte's life at all. They certainly weren't working with Charlotte to help her accept Lulu as her mother. That's the whole point.

Well, that was heavily due to Lulu's insane need to immediately control Charlotte.  And the massive misfires that Lulu caused with Charlotte. Nina didn't tell Lulu to butt in and tell Charlotte that her mommy wasn't really her mommy. Or to keep hurting Charlotte virtually every time she saw her. Nina said to back off and wait for professional help. Lulu proceeded to throw temper tantrums and throw out threats. Not exactly endearing actions.

1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

"Carly is pissed that Sonny screwed Nelle."

"Look! Baby!"

These are professional writers.

I thought that Carly was pissed that Sonny had lied and covered up his lies. They cheat on each other all the time. It was the lying about Nell that Carly had a fit about.

I don't know if I would call these writers professionals. Paid writers, sure. But I cringe at calling them professional.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

only in our dreams.   

I missed the first half because I dunno, I forgot about this show.  I'm sad Curtis and Sonny are friends.   

14 hours ago, Perkie said:

I've been a soap watcher (this soap, watcher) for 33 years (when I did the math on that, I thought, holy crap, I'm old!!)  I've put up and accepted lots of non realistic stuff.  Latex masks, I'm there.  Weather machines to freeze the world, you're on.  Aliens in my garage, pass the popcorn.  The only one I've truly hated is the back from the dead one, mostly because it negates the emotions from the original death.  But if they're really going with Anna is Griffin's mother via miscarriage, well then, I have a new hate.  I know they did it on AMC, but that's one I never watched so I didn't care.  But if they're doing that here, with MY Anna, I will not be amused.  I'm supposed to believe that Anna fell down the elevator, got taken to the hospital, was knocked out long enough for someone to remove her fetus, then tell her that she miscarried, then said fetus was implanted in someone else, who ended up raising him.  What?  Why?  UGH.  

End rant.

It's so unnecessary. What's also funny though, is they had Olivia say that Griffin doesn't resemble his mother, just his father. Griffin looks way more like Anna than Duke. 

12 hours ago, LexieLily said:

If the goal is to even out the sympathy between Lulu and Nina, then they shouldn't have a woman that was forced into a miscarriage and put into a coma being unsympathetic to a woman that had her eggs forcibly taken and then being complicit with Lulu's co-parent in denying Lulu all access to the child she never knew existed.

9 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Maybe Nina could try projecting how she felt when she woke up from a coma and found out that her pregnancy had been ended and she was no longer capable of carrying children - instead of continuing to be an asshole. 

Given her entire history on this show, it's much more likely that she's less concerned with protecting Charlotte than with maintaining her position in her life. She just got lucky this time because someone was stupid enough to allow her access to a child

This would have been a better storyline and made Nina more palatable. Imagine her being in love with (or taken with) Valentin, and processing her own fertility issues and past, yet empathizing with Lulu, while also being jealous of her. 

8 hours ago, Vera said:

I can't even get mad at the characters for the actions they take. It's not their fault they're being written like crap.

That's how I feel about both GH and Days. So many writing regimes have screwed the pooch. If I like an actor and/or at one time cared about his or her character, I give the character a pass on past shenanigans. It's the writing teams I'm angry with. Poor Liz can't help that she lied to Jake/Jason for months. The writers made her do it. It's not Anna's fault she, the superspy, wasn't suspicious of Robin's protracted absence. The writers wouldn't let her. I could continue, but I'll spare you. 

Except Sonny. I hate Sonny for existing at this point. Sometimes, I catch myself unconsciously giving him the finger while I'm watching his scenes.

28 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

only in our dreams.   

I missed the first half because I dunno, I forgot about this show.  I'm sad Curtis and Sonny are friends.   

Me too. I'm fine with Curtis and Jason being friends, because Curtis is new in town and Jason has not been a murdering hitman in this latest incarnation, but Sonny (altogether now) RUINS EVERYTHING.

I wish the Nelle would have already admitted she didn't even sleep with Sonny. Carly could still be just as mad at him, because of the lie secret lie secret lie secret. It would make Michael's attraction (or whatever) to her make more sense. I also wish they could just out Jax as having arranged for the kidney, without Carly's knowledge and move the hell forward. 

I'm super pissed that the writers don't seem to have worked out what Anna did or didn't do regarding the kill order for Valentin. Until they do, they should stop rewriting the same frigging scene between them. Both actors deserve better material. 

• Love 8
On 3/23/2017 at 1:43 AM, HeatLifer said:

ABC doesn't care about GH and has no reason to. So their budget, which Frank manages, is significantly less than CBS. 

On 3/23/2017 at 1:50 AM, ulkis said:

And B&B has a decent overseas audience as well.

On 3/23/2017 at 2:02 AM, HeatLifer said:

Yep. More viewers ---> more advertisers ---> more money.

Thanks much.  The only time I ever heard about GH making it overseas was when Princess Diana requested VHS tapes of the show.  I wonder how BB and YR got to Europe. Well, that's not for here, don't matter none.

• Love 1

We FF'd through Sonny scenes, but we got the gist that Sonny cuddled Emilyscout, grimaced that he would do anything to keep her safe, then waltzed into PCPD, Jordan allowed him alone with Olivia, and he got into her head that he's all-knowing-all-seeing, and all-vengeful, and he has people in Darkham to kill her, causing her to flip out, and he had gas as he watched her dragged away.

Lord Larry is intriguing me.

Liz gets more Franco sex. Yay. Or Blech.

Finn gets tied up and has to watch the Sonny/Olivia scenes. That should clean him up. Or will he turn into Caleb?

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I was shocked at the weight the lizard has put on. Hayden could hardly grab her around her ample middle when chasing the creature. Can we body-shame animals here? 'Cause Roxie needs to be put on a protein diet of crickets ASAP. She's obviously been hanging out in the Green Room next to the snack table of donuts.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2

Jason and Sam are the worst.  Scout is days old and yet Danny was not only never to the hospital, they hadn't even bothered to tell the kid his sister's name.  Icky Sonny, with his wannabe gangsta voice, gets several audiences with the kid, but her own siblings are after-thoughts.

• Love 3

I thought FV decided Danny and Sam's sister's were all meeting Emily off-screen? They showed Danny and Emily in the same scene!? 

Maybe they'll actually show the Davis Girls onscreen too

• Love 3