Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I just looked it up: Joss was diagnosed about a week in episodes prior to Jake getting hit, so yeah, the timing is totally sketch for Jax to have delved into the deep, dirty world of black market organs.  But let’s pretend he had: would Carly even care?  It’s not like Jax was flipping thru an Organs R Us book, came upon Nelle’s pic and said “that’s the one.  Bring me her kidney!”  This whole plot point is so lame because it goes under the assumption Carly would be upset Jax did everything he could, legal or not, to save their daughter.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

This whole plot point is so lame because it goes under the assumption Carly would be upset Jax did everything he could, legal or not, to save their daughter.

I suspect Nelle isn't just some random kidney donor, so that's where the "conflict" will happen.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

This whole plot point is so lame because it goes under the assumption Carly would be upset Jax did everything he could, legal or not, to save their daughter.

1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

And I guess the show is going to go ahead and forget about the sketchy way Sonny secured a donor heart for Alice.

The difference in Sonny procuring a heart for Alice and Jax using the black market to obtain a kidney for Joss. Sonny really did not care if Alice lived or died, he just wanted to get back into his son's good graces.  Jax was desperately trying to save the life of his infant daughter.  What Jax did was illegal and maybe immoral, but understandable.  Most parents would do ANYTHING to save the life of their child.  Jax will always feel guilt and shame for what he did.  Sonny feels he did the right thing not because it saved Alice's life, but because it got him closer to his son.  As much as I like  Alice, she is an older woman who had no family and when she got her new heart I kept thinking about the other patient who was on the list, did not receive the heart and probably died.  Do you think Sonny gave the other transplant candidate a second thought?  

• Love 5

Wait, did I miss something?  Has Julian always had this UBER BIG BAD BOSS (which...#eyeroll) that he's been taking orders from or was that a new element introduced today?

Booo to the Carly/Jax kiss.  More piss-poor story pacing AND I don't like Jax being a consolation prize when greasy mobsters aren't available.

Appreciated that Sam got to pierce Franco's motives for his apology.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
Just now, TeeVee329 said:

Has Julian always had this UBER BIG BAD BOSS (which...#eyeroll) that he's been taking orders from or was that a new element introduced today?

For a while at the beginning he was working for someone, but we never found out whom (I don't think), and it was dropped once the plot point wasn't needed anymore.

1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

For a while at the beginning he was working for someone, but we never found out whom (I don't think), and it was dropped once the plot point wasn't needed anymore.

Are you talking about when he was working for Fluke?

Given the dialogue today with this Jessup guy ("I've done everything you've asked for months"), this seems like it's Jelly's way to backtrack Julian.  So stupid.  How about try not having guys threaten to murder their wives?

• Love 8

Finally Sam called Freako out on his shit. She was 100% right that he was only apologizing to ease his conscious. She actually got some POV. KeMo played their scenes well.

This Tom shit is all about Freako. Its not about Liez the victim at all. Her worry is about Freako. Lawd.

• Love 15
22 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

And yeah, his almost-fiancée dying, like, a month ago not coming up in that conversation was weird, especially given the tension between Michael and Carly about Sabrina.

Michael's stories tend to get whitewashed more than any other character.  RC tried whitewashing the rape when he introduced RH as Franco.  Then when AJ was killed, the writers never allowed Michel to even mention AJ's existence or that Sonny killed him.  I was shocked that Michael had a sentence the other day acknowledging that Sonny killed AJ, but it was quickly glossed over again.  Now they are doing it with Sabrina.  The writers are acting like she never existed.  When the characters discuss what Michael is going through, it's only about Morgan, never about the fact that he lost Morgan AND Sabrina within a week of each other.  It's amazing.  

I actually won't mind if the writers pair Michael with Nelle as long as Nelle turns out to be scheming and dangerous rather than syrupy sweet.  I want to see Michael's darker, edgier side, which CD can play well, when he finds out that Nelle is not who she pretends to be.  Right now, he's too vulnerable (so is Carly) to see Nelle the way Bobbie sees her.  I'm just hoping the writers aren't going to write Michael as a dupe because he's usually pretty savvy when it comes to reading people.  

• Love 1

Liz asks Franco to back off Tom, and his response is to ramp up the illegal activity by hacking a cellphone. Everything he does is so disturbing. And the fact that Liz keeps accepting his bullshit really cheapens her character. Thank God Sam showed up today to spit some truths. 

Griffin vs. Valentin was like pitting a dachshund against a Rottweiler. It was never going to end well for Griffin. Sorry, dude, you've been in Charlotte's life for a week, she's not going to miss you.

I am not here for Josslyn's parent trap. I've never really been invested in any of Carly's relationships. But her kissing Jax will piss Sonny off, so that's a plus.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

If Jax gets with Snarly, how long will it be before Sonny starts waving his gun around Jax again?

Or calls Carly a whore for betraying him.

Speaking of Jax/Carly...previews...why is Nelle asking Kiki of all people about that relationship?

• Love 3

Sonny's guilt dreams don't make me feel sorry for him. When did he get a change of clothes? He was arrested in a suit, and now he's wearing a T-shirt and jeans (which look good on him).

Good for Liz for threatening Tom with pepper spray/mace. For once she's allowed some control. I also liked that she pointed the spray at him for the whole scene. Too bad she didn't use it on Franco.

The world's stupidest custody fight ends with a father keeping his daughter. Wow, that's horrifying. Loved Valentin's smirk. He had a legit reason to look smug for a change.

When Griffin was saying "good-bye" (please) to Charlotte, she looked like she was planning to murder him. That girl has one intense resting face.

2 hours ago, CookieBud said:

Did anyone catch what Valentin whispered to Anna.   I have old ears.

He said "Aperi oculus tuos," Latin for "Open your eyes." From Anna's reaction, it means something besides the literal meaning.

A Southeast Asian guy as tech support? Way to diversify, GH.

Edited by dubbel zout
Fixed a garbled sentence.
  • Love 6

Kudos to Liez for pulling out the pepper spray when Tom got threatening.  Sam told Freako off, but she was still too polite about it. He doesn't respect Liez' requests or boundaries at all; Sam's rebuffs won't slow him down either. Freako was ready to break into the cloud and get GPS coordinates (presumably for Tom), which is illegal of course, right after Liez asked him to back off. If she finds out, Freako will just say he's trying to "protect" her--rinse and repeat.

Because the Show gave Freako those lines about enjoying watching his victims suffer, aren't the writers undercutting their buildup of Freako as a romantic hero? Does he feel sorry for his crimes or not? At this point, he seems proud of his past criminal behavior.

• Love 10
On 11/18/2016 at 3:00 PM, dubbel zout said:

He said "Aperi oculus tuos," Latin for "Open your eyes." From Anna's reaction, it means something besides the literal meaning.

Google says it translates to "Know thy foe".

Griffin's possessive behavior is inexplicable, given that he hasn't known Charlotte all that long, and they aren't related. Taking a swing at Valentin was so ineffectual.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
spelling
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, ciarra said:

They should give Avery to Griffin, since they keep passing her around.  Bobbie was supposed to look after her, until the writers forgot and want her back at the hospital.

As if Carly would be carrying around the bank deposit in her purse.  And there would be a deposit bag or envelope, not just a random stack of cash.

eta.  I wonder what Laura does for money, since she doesn't have a paycheck?

I was thinking the exact same thing about Laura!! LOL

Jax never learns. He needs to think long and hard before he ever invades The Vagina of Doom. Only bad things come out of that hole.

Glad Sam didn't accept Franco's apology. She should have hit him for good measure.

Why do they lie like Jason is working. You know he is like Tommy on Martin. You ain't got no job, man. Unless we count him wiping Sonny's ass for the millionth time.

• Love 10

I'm confused. Charlotte called Valentin Papa before the judge. If she knew he was her daddy why didn't she question the 2 daddies she was later introduced to. Does she think it is normal to have 3 fathers at the same time?

• Love 8

When Carly said "I think a lot of people think that if I were with you I'd stay away from Sonny" I so wanted Jax to say "but we both know that's not true, don't we?" The old writers would have had him saaaaay iiiit grrr.

I don't mind Joss stanning Jax/Carly. That's the way it should be! Well, actually Joss should be wanting Jax to stay away from Carly forever, but given a choice between Joss trying to hook Carly and Jax back up or Carly and Sonny, I'll take the former.

Oy, this thing with Julian having another big bad boss is incredibly stupid. How does that mitigate him holding a gun to Alexis' throat? They might as well pull a Dante with him and pretend the whole thing never happened.

Griffin there needs to calm down, okay, his case was shit.

I forgot about Liz/Franco. I guess Franco didn't shampoo yesterday because his hair was a whole lot greasier today.

• Love 7

Well, she called him Poppa. Daddy may not mean anything to her. Since she has seemingly been around english, french and greek speakers her whole life. And her father is called poppa.

Claudette knew that she wouldn't object to some new guy that she would call daddy. But perhaps she would complain at calling one poppa. 

• Love 1
Just now, ulkis said:

I don't mind Joss stanning Jax/Carly. That's the way it should be! Well, actually Joss should be wanting Jax to stay away from Carly forever, but given a choice between Joss trying to hook Carly and Jax back up or Carly and Sonny, I'll take the former.

I'm hoping that Joss and Cameron finally find out that Carly accidentally caused the death of their common half sister. Which could work with a teen Cam teaming up with Joss to find out about Zander. And they can also find out that Jax and Carly hid Spencer as an baby from Nik to knock Jax down a peg for Joss, too.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, tricknasty said:

I'm confused. Charlotte called Valentin Papa before the judge. If she knew he was her daddy why didn't she question the 2 daddies she was later introduced to. Does she think it is normal to have 3 fathers at the same time?

Valentin speaks French to Charlotte and probably Greek  Greek and  French children, and European children, call their fathers  "Papa" not "Daddy" - I doubt she knows what Daddy means. Aristocrats like Helena and Nik say "Father." 

Edited by linsav
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, melody16 said:

I hate Liz's storyline with Franco more than I hated her lying about Jason's identity.  I cannot believe I am saying that...

Yep. It is ruining her character beyond repair imo. 

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Given the dialogue today with this Jessup guy ("I've done everything you've asked for months"), this seems like it's Jelly's way to backtrack Julian.  So stupid.  How about try not having guys threaten to murder their wives?

This was my first thought too, that this is how they're going to whitewash Julian's random insanity.

I fucking love Valentin. JPS is killing it. MC was so bad as Griffin in all the custody battle scenes, but in a super hilarious and fun to watch way. Even though I now intensely hate Anna, I'm actually intrigued by what the deal is with Valentin and her.

Run, Jax, run! You deserve better!

Previews: I'm super exicted that they finally remembered Hayden and Curtis are friends.

ETA: Oh, also, I loved KeMo/Sam in the Franco scenes. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Charlotte speaks English well. She should know the word "dad". It was just a plot device

Petty sure she was raised in Montreal, and likely has always called Valentin 'papa.' My great nieces call my nephew papa instead of daddy. Its mostly  a European thing.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Charlotte speaks English well. She should know the word "dad". It was just a plot device

It really just has no meaning to her. Her beloved father is her Poppa. Daddy has little meaning to her. Who knows, mommy may not have much meaning her either. Maybe she calls Claudette something french. Same with her grandmother. My pseudo niece's girls call my parents, ammy and papa(paw paw). Technically, they are of no relation.

3 hours ago, backhometome said:

Finally Sam called Freako out on his shit. She was 100% right that he was only apologizing to ease his conscious. She actually got some POV. KeMo played their scenes well.

This Tom shit is all about Freako. Its not about Liez the victim at all. Her worry is about Freako. Lawd.

Pretty much this. 

• Love 4

Big, huge LOL to Sam saying Jason "was working hard."  Cut to Jason fawning over Sonny, aka his bae.  Can't wait til she's in labor and Jason is off making sure Sonny has a matching  set of barware.

Second LOL to Sonny and his "Carly has it worked out that she'll keep Avery" if Sonny goes to prison.  Pretty sure that must've been in one of his jailhouse dreams.

• Love 6

I know Carly is irresistible (cough, cough) but isn't Jax still with Brenduh, aka "cackles at inappropriate times"?

Please don't make Valentin the other long lost Duke, the one without the accent.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

So are we to conclude that Carly's passions are stirred only if she has a living child with a man?

Nah, she's lusted over SBu's Jason numerous times over the years. The most overt example in the last decade or so was when they got locked in a boiler room and he took his shirt off - I remember it because I thought she was going to start humping his leg or something. She's bragged about great sex with him to Shoutey McYellerson- Lucky, Sam, Robin,  I think Liz, and possibly Sonny. Just because she has always wanted Jason to be Michael's biological father (instead of AJ) doesn't make it true.  She brought up being mad that she was never pregnant with his kid when Liz was pregnant with Jake, to say she understood why Sam was so upset.

• Love 2

I'm really trying hard not to wish for yet another character to be murdered but this custody battle shit is doing Griffin no favors. 

STFU Anna. I hate her. Isn't she supposed to be off somewhere training WSB spies?

I'm glad the writers at least had the decency to let Sam tell Freako to fuck off. And I'm pleased that the rumor concerning rapist serial killer Freako rescuing Alexis from rapist Tom seems to have been false. 

I don't really know what the point of having Jax and Carly kiss is since he's not sticking around, but whatever. I like them so I'll go with it. At least there's something I can like about this raggedy show.

So Liez can rightfully have no use for rapist Tom and pulls pepper spray on him but has no issues with rapist serial killer Freako? I guess Jelly can't be bothered to understand how ridiculous this is.

Oh wow, so Julian is being controlled by a big bad boss. This reminds me of the constant bullshit they pull with Ava - have her do something that would normally get her killed or sent to prison and then jump through all kinds of convoluted never-ending hoops to keep her on the show. Jelly could've easily avoided this by not having Julian let Alexis take the rap for a murder he committed and then hold a knife to her throat. 

re previews: STFU Nelly. 

• Love 5

Holy Shit. I've been avoiding actually watching the show because I just cannot with Franco. Welp, I actually watched today. You guys semi-prepared me for the hair but WTF?!? What the entire fuck is that beard situation?  

Then there were the actual scenes with all their skin crawly grossness. Sam made it entirely clear that she wanted him to go away. You don't chase somebody down and nag them into hearing a bullshit apology. An apology which he made clear was ENTIRELY ABOUT HIM and his needs and his feels and what he wants for himself . Then he decides to joke through the "apology" and obliquely refer to "what happened in Hawaii" because he's a garbage person. 

Is somebody going to have to kidnap Liz and sit her on a bomb before he "apologizes" for that too? Are the writers doing this intentionally? 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 15

Then there were the actual scenes with all their skin crawly grossness.

If FV  and his crew of untalented writers were going for the viewer to want to take a shower after watching this episode - they were successful.   It appears that they are double-downing on Franco.  Tone deaf - X23rd.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

STFU Anna. I hate her. Isn't she supposed to be off somewhere training WSB spies?

No, they dangled that carrot in front of us only to pull it away and have Anna decide to stay in PC and create a new position with the WSB. 

Oh wow, so Julian is being controlled by a big bad boss. This reminds me of the constant bullshit they pull with Ava - have her do something that would normally get her killed or sent to prison and then jump through all kinds of convoluted never-ending hoops to keep her on the show.

It reminds me of the bullshit they pull with Sonny as well. And Franco. LMAO these writers are SO bad. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Then there were the actual scenes with all their skin crawly grossness. Sam made it entirely clear that she wanted him to go away. You don't chase somebody down and nag them into hearing a bullshit apology. An apology which he made clear was ENTIRELY ABOUT HIM and his needs and his feels and what he wants for himself . Then he decides to joke through the "apology" …

Rant begins:

The apology was the point at which my "Why is RoHo still employed" rage once again flared up. I could possibly accept that a competent actor might decide to portray a serial killer having trouble saying the word apologize and stammer a bit. But I cannot believe that a competent actor would have a serial killer play around with the word the same way Alec Baldwin did several weeks ago on Saturday Night Live.  I believe that crap was all RoHo's idea and he got away with it because GH only films scenes once. It wasn't funny. It took the viewer out of the scene, something a competent actor would not want to do.

Rant over

• Love 12
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

No, they dangled that carrot in front of us only to pull it away and have Anna decide to stay in PC and create a new position with the WSB. 

It reminds me of the bullshit they pull with Sonny as well. And Franco. LMAO these writers are SO bad. 

Fuck the WSB for allowing Anna to stay in Port Charles.

I know the writers have to come up with crap to keep characters out of prison - otherwise there would only be like three people on the show, but it feels different with Julian and Ava. Maybe it's because they're newbies? With Ava in particular, I can't even keep track of how much shit she has hanging over her head. So much of her time on this show has been spent committing crimes and coming up with schemes to stay out of prison for murdering Connie, then coming up with more schemes to cover up the previous schemes. Then crying and whining about how hard her life is. And mentioning that everything she does is for her children. It's an endless cycle. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, rur said:

Rant begins:

The apology was the point at which my "Why is RoHo still employed" rage once again flared up. I could possibly accept that a competent actor might decide to portray a serial killer having trouble saying the word apologize and stammer a bit. But I cannot believe that a competent actor would have a serial killer play around with the word the same way Alec Baldwin did several weeks ago on Saturday Night Live.  I believe that crap was all RoHo's idea and he got away with it because GH only films scenes once. It wasn't funny. It took the viewer out of the scene, something a competent actor would not want to do.

Rant over

Yeah, I don't hate Franco as much as many do, but this storyline just doesn't work at all.  Franco only appears to want to apologize (or "apologize") to Sam as it relates back to what happened to Elizabeth--not because he truly is horrified by his actions.  And him choking on getting the words out?  WTF--where was the laugh track?  Not cool. 

I've said before I think Roger Howarth is good at the comedy stuff.  Problem is Franco should not be a comedic figure.  It fails because the story set up for him, via James Franco's vanity project, is that of a psycho.  The tumor defense is a poor, poor excuse and even IF that was believable, him playing things for laughs negates that. 

• Love 13