Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Oh, and the frequent appearance of the badger in Sonny's office just proves to me everyone over there is in on the joke.

IMO, if everyone's in on the joke, they need to stop writing Sonny as the scariest mobster ever. But MB's ego probably wouldn't allow that to happen. They could at least let people legitimately hate him.

• Love 9

Aaron is probably scheming.

LMAOOOOOOOOO terrorist doctor is now working in the records department. 

Someone PLEASE sedate Anna. Please. I hate her. 

I would think the hospital and its lawyers would be eager to help Carly find out where Joss' organ came from, you know, since the operation took place in their hospital. Wouldn't that be better than Carly going to the media and saying doctors at GH put some random organ into her child and are now making her go through a bunch of red tape to find out where it came from. 

I wish Alexis would stop acting like she doesn't know who she married.

• Love 6
(edited)

IMO, if everyone's in on the joke, they need to stop writing Sonny as the scariest mobster ever. But MB's ego probably wouldn't allow that to happen. They could at least let people legitimately hate him.

I should have said, except Valentini and Mo. Except I think they know who Sonny is too, but Valentini thinks it will damage ratings or something, I don't know. But I don't think altman/Passanante/Valentini like Sonny particularly. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Woot, Griffin is staying overnight at Anna's. I'm trying here, people.

If only I had the discipline to pull a George Costanza and go out on a high note here.  "Goodnight, everyone!"

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Since when is anyone allowed to visit a person in jail carrying a gun? Or do the rules apply to anyone who is not Sonny?

I think it came with Governor Dumbass's pardon of Sonny. You can't even go to the courthouse (at least where I live) with your cellphone.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Syndicate said:

Perhaps! Quite frankly, I think they're moving Griffin into too many directions at once. Today, we also got scenes in which Sam seemed to have thought that she's met Griffin before. I wonder what that was all about?

I thought Sam's comment was because she knew Duke and then found out that Griffin was his father.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I would think the hospital and its lawyers would be eager to help Carly find out where Joss' organ came from, you know, since the operation took place in their hospital. Wouldn't that be better than Carly going to the media and saying doctors at GH put some random organ into her child and are now making her go through a bunch of red tape to find out where it came from. 

They'd be able to add a local newspaper/tv station/reporter too to add to the story ( and Port Charles) without it being mobsters.....

43 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I should have said, except Valentini and Mo. Except I think they know who Sonny is too, but Valentini thinks it will damage ratings or something, I don't know. But I don't think altman/Passanante/Valentini like Sonny particularly. 

I think FV is also engaging in some willful blindness there - because you can argue that it was either the lack of Sonny that hurt the ratings or the relentless focus on the big soap stars and underwear models that he's so fond of casting. I think it was both, with the focus on his hires being the larger problem - but the 'lack of Sonny' excuse allows him to stalk ME through random supermarkets and pair up a SERIAL KILLER character with a vet

• Love 5

That mansion is such a bad fit for Anna.  Why would one person need a place that big?  Why does Anna seem to be on the same financial level as the Q's and Cassadines?  Nina's rich, but she's going back to the Metro Court.  Julian runs a newspaper, but he's in a cabin with his lawyer wife.  The Scorpio-Drake residence was fairly modest.  Yeah, FH wanted a house set, but couldn't they find something more appropriate?

• Love 5

I know, it drives me crazy. I'm sure they could have afforded to at least take out those ridiculous stairs, or get rid of the hallways on the outskirts of the living room. 

12 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I think FV is also engaging in some willful blindness there - because you can argue that it was either the lack of Sonny that hurt the ratings or the relentless focus on the big soap stars and underwear models that he's so fond of casting. I think it was both, with the focus on his hires being the larger problem - but the 'lack of Sonny' excuse allows him to stalk ME through random supermarkets and pair up a SERIAL KILLER character with a vet

Definitely. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

On the other hand, the callback to Carly having been a student nurse like a bajillion years ago did get a chuckle out of me.

Given Carly's ego, she was probably a Candy-striper volunteer, rather than student nurse.

(edited)
5 hours ago, Lillybee said:

If I remember correctly, Carly was a physical therapist who became a student nurse because reasons.

More likely, picture Carly as a combined sex therapist/candy-striper. I  automatically see Carly as trailer trash no matter how they dress her up. Wasn't she created as a product of an act of prostitution by Bobbie?

[Ugh I sound bitter...got to ditch this moral outrage ...time to seek solace in a Kelly's BLT.]

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
guilty feelings
25 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I hate that I like Finn.

Carlos being afraid of Sonny was disgusting. Aaron treating Sonny like a God was disgusting. Anna saying she admired Carly was disgusting.

Maaaan.... and I have to watch sober now.   Well, I can have one glass of red wine, but that's not enough to take the edge off.  Dr Michael Easton is the best thing on this show now.  He's cool with Tracy.   He has a pet.   My expectations are low now.  Eh, at least JVP will hand in a great telenovela performance as Mo struggles to remember his lines and look important.   News flash, Mo, he has a great career after this, you only have Sonny.  Lol.  

• Love 4

For a minute, I was like, hey, Alexis is finally catching up, but then she went full-on pathetic, what with the weeping and the panting and the begging to be told she's loved and the humping. Gah, the humping. Make it stop.

Aaron's food truck is not just going to have lunch, it's also going to have breakfast. And possibly coffee. This sounds like an excellent and extremely detailed business plan.

(The Bold and the Beautiful is on right now, and I don't watch it enough to follow what's going on, but just the few random out-of-context scenes I manage to catch are so much better than GH. I don't know why I don't watch that instead of this.)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't hate it, but I am very confused. My world is askew.

It's weird that I'm not bugged by him. I think it's bc there's so much other shit to be annoyed about.

Also, I may or may not PM you something at some point. I'm having a childish, petty moment that I want to share. But I won't. For now. Hee.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, One More Time said:

I'm calling this early:  Aaron is a Federal Agent investigating and trying to bring down Sonny.

Really? He looks like he's barely out of high school to me. And I know the actor is actually older, but it just doesn't come across.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

It's weird that I'm not bugged by him. I think it's bc there's so much other shit to be annoyed about.

Also, I may or may not PM you something at some point. I'm having a childish, petty moment that I want to share. But I won't. For now. Hee.

The Saga of Heatlifer VS GH is more interesting than GH right now.   If only Heatlifer would hate Mo with that fury..... le sighs....

• Love 1
1 minute ago, tvgoddess said:

Really? He looks like he's barely out of high school to me. And I know the actor is actually older, but it just doesn't come across.

That would make Kristina's sudden Sonny enthusiasm make more sense. There's actually more conflict in her still resenting Sonny but these writers are terrible at everything

• Love 4

I'm caught up on everything except for today. I think I figured out why I just don't care about so much of this show - it's focused on Duke, who I just didn't care about. His death didn't affect me in the slightest. Except that it's made Anna go from super badass to just kind of lame. I don't have the hatred that most seem to have for her though. I just cannot hate Anna just like I just cannot hate Ava. They're my girls.

Too much Franco still. I did like the new nurse, so I'll give them that. And Anna and Griffin should totally fuck. My god, the sexual tension there.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I'm caught up on everything except for today. I think I figured out why I just don't care about so much of this show - it's focused on Duke, who I just didn't care about. His death didn't affect me in the slightest. Except that it's made Anna go from super badass to just kind of lame. I don't have the hatred that most seem to have for her though. I just cannot hate Anna just like I just cannot hate Ava. They're my girls.

Too much Franco still. I did like the new nurse, so I'll give them that. And Anna and Griffin should totally fuck. My god, the sexual tension there.

I was a Duke fan and an Anna fan, and now I hate them both.

Duke came back from the dead intent on vengeance against Julian, so much so that he was okay with killing Jordan, and losing his relationship with Anna.  And Anna dumped Duke because of his revenge agenda.  And now Anna is so intent on vengeance against Julian, that she is willing to forget all that, and that Duke ordered a hit on Jordan.  She is entirely unlikeable and unrootable right now.

I am not a long time viewer, watched a bit in the 80s and came back to the show recently, but am pretty annoyed how they destroyed these two characters.  At this point, I want someone to take out a hit on Anna.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

And Anna and Griffin should totally fuck. My god, the sexual tension there.

This!!!! 

He's staying with her, so maybe he can stumble accidentally into the wrong room in the middle of the night.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, 33kaitykaity said:

This!!!! 

He's staying with her, so maybe he can stumble accidentally into the wrong room in the middle of the night.

"Accidentally " lol.  Matt Cohen is hot, Finola Hughes is hot.   The chemistry is there, so do it.  Literally,  do it.  I also don't buy Griffin is Duke's son.  Maybe it's residual feelings from watching him on a well written show, but I see it all differently.   Every time he's listening to Sonny, Anna, etc go on about Duke being so great and he says "My father's killer..." I don't buy it's Duke he's talking about.  I don't see the huge Duke resemblance.   I have a whole different theory tbh.  I think Monica being CoS ties into this stuff.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, bannanasaid:

I was a Duke fan and an Anna fan, and now I hate them both.

It makes me sad that I used to be happy when Anna was on and now I use her scenes to leave the room for no particular reason. 

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Mrs OldManBalls said:

It makes me sad that I used to be happy when Anna was on and now I use her scenes to leave the room for no particular reason. 

#JusticeForDuke has ruined her.  I cannot with this rewrite that he was just an innocent who got pulled into the mob wars.  Yes, yes, Turkish prison blah blah blah, but he did get a legit job when he first came back to PC with AJ -- which makes his alibi for Sonny about AJ's murder all the more asshole behavior -- so he was capable of supporting himself without the mob.  

Also, GhostofFatAJ help me, but I actually like the Finn/Carly/Joss's kidney story.  Carly sneaking in and getting the employee list was Soap 101 and I ate it up.  I'm going to pretend this will turn into a good story because the alternative is too annoying to think about.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, GhostofFatAJ help me, but I actually like the Finn/Carly/Joss's kidney story.  Carly sneaking in and getting the employee list was Soap 101 and I ate it up.  I'm going to pretend this will turn into a good story because the alternative is too annoying to think about.

Edited 47 minutes ago by Cheyanne11.

This one has my hopes up too! No mob? No one kissing Sonny's ass? No whining about Duke? The hospital and it's employees front and centre? Let's do this! 

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Lillybee said:

If I remember correctly, Carly was a physical therapist who became a student nurse because reasons.

I'm pretty sure it was because she was single white female-ing Bobbie to get her revenge.  

I can't believe how boring this show has become.  Oh, wait, I can - that's these writers' specialty.  

• Love 3

You all are confusing meeeee! 

I started watching in the 80's the whole Luke and Laura rage. From there I've been in and out on my viewing over the years. I LOVED Luke and I LOVED Sonny. I still love Sonny' s cute little smile. Luke cracked me up when I watched him. Where did all the dislike for these two come from? By reading here, I understand that Sonny can do no wrong on the show but that's not his fault. It's how they write the role for him. 

Carly has too much hair. 

19 minutes ago, CreamedPeas said:

You all are confusing meeeee! 

I started watching in the 80's the whole Luke and Laura rage. From there I've been in and out on my viewing over the years. I LOVED Luke and I LOVED Sonny. I still love Sonny' s cute little smile. Luke cracked me up when I watched him. Where did all the dislike for these two come from? By reading here, I understand that Sonny can do no wrong on the show but that's not his fault. It's how they write the role for him. 

Carly has too much hair. 

Well, from Sonny eating the show for over a decade to becoming a mysoginistic pig (although that was true to form from the Karen story that was his start on GH) to nearly murdering some of his children and killing AJ in cold blood (just to name a few reasons).

Now, everyone had to kiss Sonny's old ass; only "bad guys" can dislike him. It's why Kristina being a Sonny apologist makes no sense; when they thought he killed Jax and Michael wanted to support him, Kristina said she loved him but refused to condone his apparent murder or his mob behavior. Now everyone (including Anna) acts like Sonny can do no wrong.

• Love 8
On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 10:41 PM, Thorpe said:

Gosh, it pains me to say this. I really like Alexis, but am looking forward to seeing Anna call her out for blindly protecting Julian, especially after the way Alexis was rolling her eyes at Anna today. Alexis herself has doubts about Julian, so wtf? 

The way Franco verbally slices and dices Jason and Sam is highly entertaining. More, please. They're so smug, hypocritical and unlikeable. Sam ruined lives for money and then tolerated Jason's senseless killing for years, so she can shut up forever. 

Alexis has always been a mob lawyer.

Sam is just another mob lover. She has been with two mobsters. has been pregnant by both of them

,shut up Sam. Jason will NEVER have room to talk Shut up Jason. Sam needs to remember Jason told her to abort Danny.I am not a Liz fan as opposed to Sam I just hate the mob each and everyone of them.

• Love 7

f I remember correctly, Carly was a physical therapist who became a student nurse because reasons.

I'm pretty sure it was because she was single white female-ing Bobbie to get her revenge.  

Remember when it was considered a great storyline for a grown child to try and destroy a parent they feel ruined their lives? Good times. What's Michael's story these days? 

• Love 7

Ok. Well,there that....

I get the biggest kick out of reading the comments in here. You guys are funny! So I'll keep reading and maybe figure some things out. I still watch Lucky on Nashville. 

One more question....why is AJ called fat AJ? 

Maybe it's because I love mob movies that the storyline doesn't bother me. 

• Love 1

Jake turned up alive in July 2015.  Now Carly is desperately trying to find out about Joss's possible black market kidney?  I think spending time with Finn is her strongest motivator.  "My hooha, look how it glitters."

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, CreamedPeas said:

Ok. Well,there that....

I get the biggest kick out of reading the comments in here. You guys are funny! So I'll keep reading and maybe figure some things out. I still watch Lucky on Nashville. 

I should add that Sonny did try to kill Jax (because Brenda left Sonny) and he shot a gun off in Robin's house (Emma told Patrick that Robin was shot when he came home). Sonny being treated like a saint is part of the problem these days; he's a bad guy, not a cop or a doctor.

About your inquiry, it's a joke because RC always took shots at SK's weight as AJ in a juvenile manner. Probably one of the reasons why SK quit the show.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, CreamedPeas said:

Ok. Well,there that....

Because SK wasn't built straight from the I Heart Frank Male Model Assembly Line, even though he's built like Billy Miller,  has a better body than TC and Mo, can remember his lines, actually shows up to work even when his stories include relish fights and panic attacks or being a ghost.  Ron decided to sprinkle in lines about AJ being fat.  SK isn't fat and actually looks like he could be Jason's brother and Michael's father.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, CreamedPeas said:

35 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm sure if Billy Warlock were playing AJ, there would have been a lot of short jokes. I think Ron really hated the character.

I think he was fine with the character. It was SK he didn't like cause he dared to criticize the writing. But then Warlock said he didn't get along with Frank with so maybe there would have been.

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I think he was fine with the character. It was SK he didn't like cause he dared to criticize the writing. But then Warlock said he didn't get along with Frank with so maybe there would have been.

Good grief. Are they entirely incapable of behaving like adults/professionals?

• Love 4

I don't know why I care so much, but wasn't Dr. O on Finn's case in the first place about keeping that elderly patient in the hospital unnecessarily? So, if he was sent home, he would still be dead?

• Love 2