Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I've tried to get into Hayden and Nik Its not like I have a problem with money obsessed characters.I mean I enjoyed Lucy Scotty Heather ect.I don't know what it is about Hayden and Nik but I'm just sick of Hayden lol

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I think Sam has 100% favorable writing. Almost too favorable bc she's no longer allowed to dislike people or bitch at people. She's just zen.

I don't think gutting a character is favorable writing.  

Sam, in response to the man who stalked, drugged and sexually assaulted her - insulting her to her face: "That was rude" - FUCKING, SERIOUSLY?

The SERIAL KILLER who used to stalk these people as a hobby is seriously offended by the idea that they'd think he was stalking them? And the pearl clutching at the thought that he might hurt Nina. Srsly? 

PLEASE LET SAM HIT THIS ASSHOLE IN THE FACE WITH A SHOVEL. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 18

Gosh, it pains me to say this. I really like Alexis, but am looking forward to seeing Anna call her out for blindly protecting Julian, especially after the way Alexis was rolling her eyes at Anna today. Alexis herself has doubts about Julian, so wtf? 

The way Franco verbally slices and dices Jason and Sam is highly entertaining. More, please. They're so smug, hypocritical and unlikeable. Sam ruined lives for money and then tolerated Jason's senseless killing for years, so she can shut up forever. 

• Love 11

Are they trying to make Franco the next Luke? They took Luke and made him crazy, unpredictable and funny and he was the star of the 80's-90's on the show. Are they thinking they can do the same with Franco? Hmmm. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

What's just as bad is Jason continuing to be completely uninterested in his past. Gah.

Reasons.  Lots of reasons.

2 hours ago, Thorpe said:

Gosh, it pains me to say this. I really like Alexis, but am looking forward to seeing Anna call her out for blindly protecting Julian, especially after the way Alexis was rolling her eyes at Anna today. Alexis herself has doubts about Julian, so wtf? 

The way Franco verbally slices and dices Jason and Sam is highly entertaining. More, please. They're so smug, hypocritical and unlikeable. Sam ruined lives for money and then tolerated Jason's senseless killing for years, so she can shut up forever. 

I find it amusing as hell that Franco has no fucks to give where JaSam is concerned!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

I don't think gutting a character is favorable writing.  

Sam, in response to the man who stalked, drugged and sexually assaulted her - insulting her to her face: "That was rude" - FUCKING, SERIOUSLY?

The SERIAL KILLER who used to stalk these people as a hobby is seriously offended by the idea that they'd think he was stalking them? And the pearl clutching at the thought that he might hurt Nina. Srsly? 

PLEASE LET SAM HIT THIS ASSHOLE IN THE FACE WITH A SHOVEL. 

But I'm referring to the idea that this specific writer has something against Sam/KeMo. I'm not seeing how this is true. All the characters have been gutted, don't you think? And Sam is not the only one just standing there, having to accept a monster who did horrible things. There's a list of characters who have to do the same.

• Love 2
(edited)

Sure, there's Robin/Dr.O and Anna/Dr.O - but they at least got to tell her to eat shit despite RC refusing to allow them to destroy her - and Anna got to drop Faison in a hole. Sam has just taken ridiculous amounts of shit from Nik, Liz, and F*ing Franco for the past few years without being able to react - she doesn't get to be angry or seek vengeance. 

It's not a halo, it's a leash and it looks more like a lack of interest in writing for the character than favorable writing. Besides, writing her as some zen heroine is wasteful; KeMo excels at bitchery

But yes, you're right that everyone has been gutted. The writing is shallow and shitty for all of the characters but it's not considered 'favorable' for them. I don't need/want the characters I like to "win" or be nice - I'd rather watch heinous/drunk/crazy person!Sam circa 2006 than this paperdoll heroine

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

Reasons.  Lots of reasons.

I find it amusing as hell that Franco has no fucks to give where JaSam is concerned!

I wish he would just stay away from Sam. Don't talk to her or mention her. 

Let Liz entertain the kidnapping baby serial rapist. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Such a giant mess has been created that the current writers are in kind of a no-win situation with some things.  (SOME things - they just really should not have Sam and Franco in scenes together at all, ever, at this point.  There's no excuse for that.) 

Anna continuing to freak out about Duke does her no favors, but the still-angry Anna / Duke fans wouldn't accept her just shrugging at this point and going "well, come to think of it, he kinda turned into a giant asshole at the end - I'm moving on!"  They don't want to accept HIS character destruction, or that that love story was resurrected to be destroyed entirely.  I can't blame them.   

As with Carly, Alexis, Michael and most of the characters on the show, she has to act fine with the mob for one story, then appalled when the writers want conflict.  It just makes everyone look like a moron.  

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 7
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Sure, there's Robin/Dr.O and Anna/Dr.O - but they at least got to tell her to eat shit despite RC refusing to allow them to destroy her - and Anna got to drop Faison in a hole. Sam has just taken ridiculous amounts of shit from Nik, Liz, and F*ing Franco for the past few years without being able to react - she doesn't get to be angry or seek vengeance. 

It's not a halo, it's a leash and it looks more like a lack of interest in writing for the character than favorable writing. Besides, writing her as some zen heroine is wasteful; KeMo excels at bitchery

But yes, you're right that everyone has been gutted. The writing is shallow and shitty for all of the characters but it's not considered 'favorable' for them. I don't need/want the characters I like to "win" or be nice - I'd rather watch heinous/drunk/crazy person!Sam circa 2006 than this paper doll heroine

<3

I feel like there's a some need/want from these writers to not "dirty up" Sam. The decision to make her this all-around do-gooder, moral compass, honesty is the best policy, too-nice-for-her-own-good character was a bad one, IMO. It limits her.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

The recent regimes of writers don't seem to know how to make a character gray, an anti-hero, or edgy without taking them too far and off to crazy criminal land.  

Or how to make a moral character interesting!  Sam is considered good now, so she barely gets to react. 

• Love 9
(edited)
41 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

<3

I feel like there's a some need/want from these writers to not "dirty up" Sam. The decision to make her this all-around do-gooder, moral compass, honesty is the best policy, too-nice-for-her-own-good character was a bad one, IMO. It limits her.

It would limit any character. It's BAD SOAP. It's a one-dimensional character type instead of a three dimensional character. AI totally agreed that it's especially bad for a character with Sam's history 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

<3

I feel like they don't know how to write her. 

The writers are too extreme writing characters as too good or too bad and than throwing ducky writing at them like "see this character has layers they aren't all bad or they can do horrible stuff but they're still good people" no layers for anyone. 

• Love 7

Franco, ain't no evil genius. When I saw that he was preempting Jason and Sam by telling Nina he had something he wanted her to see, I thought for sure that he was going to whip out a different sketch, just completed between scenes, where she looked beautiful and sad. That would have been brilliant. Then later when those two inevitably say, "But that sketch he did of you...you're okay with that? It was so disturbing!" he would have been covered. She'd be all, "Yeah, I saw it. It didn't bother me. I thought it was beautiful." 

Franco is terminally boring, and unfortunately for him, the actor is unattractive and even deliberately groomed to look ugly and unkempt IMO. The writers must learn that neither the character nor the actor is cute or appealing. I'm so fed up. Franco  is a sick serial killer who cannot be redeemed by working with children, turning cartwheels, etc. Get him off the show. He is becoming as annoying as Tony Geary, and that's saying somethin'.

Anna (the character and the actress ) has so much to offer. Whoever is writing her sl seems to be completely unfamiliar with Anna and her history and psyche. Dewq was never Anna's best and only love. Robert Scorpio fills that description. The obtuse ignorance of the writer (s) burns.

• Love 1

Roger howarth is extremely attractive to some people. Probably even a lot of people. 

Soap operas have a long and sad history of turning rapists and murderers into leading men. It's stupid and it should stop, but if I remained morally outraged by every character to whom this 'transformation' has occurred, I'd pretty much have to hate every other male soap character. And that probably holds true more for GH st this point, where mobsters and hit men are our 'heroes'. I hate Sonny and Jason, always have, always will, so I get hating Franco as well. But I don't. Jason---and I once loved billy Miller---seems far more offensive to me now, so Franco insulting his smug, bloated, art-hatin' self made me laugh. 

• Love 7
(edited)

When the Men in Dark Suits took Hayden/Rachel/IDontGiveAShitTheseDays away, I'd hope that was the last, and not a word would have been spoken again. Sort of like when a character on All My Children went to get a skicap in the attic and was never heard from again.

Oh wonders. In the Sonnyverse, there is a Federal SpyderFinder where you can ID stolen gems and they are marked "Stolen by the Spawn of the Most Evul of Evuls". It's too bad we won't see a Convenient!Junkie say that he saw Prince Voter Fraud with the Ballot Box.

Jason turning up his He-Man Hurr Durring when he took Franco's notebook out of his hands and found a fugly picture of Nina. Ugh. And I thought trying to choke Franco because he tried to give Jake a puppy was bad. What's next? Jason slamming Franco's head onto the table because he ordered a BLT at Kelly's?

For a Sonny-Carly-less day, this was sure sucky.

Edited by NutmegsDad
  • Love 5
(edited)
12 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Every character has to deal with something ridic bc the writers went too far and want to pretend like X didn't happen to make a character work again. Olivia has to do it with Ava.

I had a real hard time trying to figure out what beef Olivia had with Ava. LMAO I just like completely forgot about Kate/Connie for a minute!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I had a real hard time trying to figure out what beef Olivia had with Ava. LMAO I just like completely forgot about Kate/Connie for a minute!

GH Writers: "We know, right?"  

• Love 11
18 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Liz asked "Jake" to adopt her kids knowing that he was Jason and then she signed a custody agreement. She literally asked for this

I know they talked about it, but did they ever actually sign any paperwork about it?  And wouldn't Lucky, as Jake's legal father, have to do some paperwork, too?

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

So did Olivia when she had sex with Sonny right where Kate/Connie died before her body was even cold.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, luna1122 said:

Roger howarth is extremely attractive to some people. Probably even a lot of people. 

Soap operas have a long and sad history of turning rapists and murderers into leading men. It's stupid and it should stop, but if I remained morally outraged by every character to whom this 'transformation' has occurred, I'd pretty much have to hate every other male soap character.

And tvgoddess said in another thread:

I think the difference between all of the people that you listed in addition to them being murderers or attempted murderers in Nik's case, is that Franco also has the gross distinction of being a rape facilitator (and how old was Michael at the time?) and at the very least drugged and sexually assaulted Sam. So in that sense he is worse. There's no need to debate which character is a worse murderer because they're all the same. Franco is the only one though who has the rape factor attached to him. Not to mention strapping Lulu to a bomb for kicks.

I don't think the hate for Franco comes just from a place of moral outrage. It's part that, but it's part what tvgoddess said, but it's really just mostly that Franco is written so badly (imo). Sometimes Roger Howarth turns in a good performance, but mostly what the writers have wanted from him is his funny man-schtick, which just does not mesh well with the character's background. And then throw in the bathetic "look at poor 45 year old Franco meeting his dad for the first time and being sad he won't play baseball with him" angle, dressing him, and Roger Howarth growing out his hair like, a college kid from the 90s (I'm surprised he doesn't a wallet chain), and mix it in with the fact that he used to kill people, pose their dead bodies, and display them at art exhibitions (in addition to the rape elements tvgoddess mentioned), and we saw this all on screen and it is just makes a bizarre mish-mash of a character that sticks out like a sore thumb on screen. 

45 minutes ago, Lee4U said:

So, anyone have any idea at all what the new doctor's (sorry, I'm awful with character names) scar is supposed to be about?  

No we don't know yet. People are guessing he was Claudette's lover and Nathan shot him in the dark or while he was fleeing or something.

• Love 5

Did Nik plant the diamonds or was Hayden hiding them? And if Hayden was hiding them, when did he have the time to find them, have them examined to discover that they're all engraved "Property of Raymond Berlin who bought them with your Grandma's life savings" and then return them to Hayden's makeup bag? Didn't Hayden move out the day after Nik found out she was Rachel? I mean, I don't really care about the answers, but I do have questions.

It should have been funny that Hayden said she wanted the privileges of being Nik's wife, which he incorrectly interpreted to mean his penis, but instead it was embarrassing. I wish Hayden would just send him to prison over the attempted murder and then as his wife, take control of all the Cassadine assets, not because I hate Nik (although I kind of do) but because I feel bad for TC that they've turned Nik into such a boring garbage bag.

Anna was acting crazy with Alexis, but her theory wasn't that crazy. Alexis is representing Carlos just to protect Julian and she has murdered people before, so while we know that Alexis didn't kill day player drug addict, it's not a completely illogical leap for Anna to make. But it does seem like we're heading down the road to turning Anna into a (fabulous) wig on a stick, which might be the biggest bag of Wimmins Be Crazy bullshit this show has ever presented.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

Jason turning up his He-Man Hurr Durring when he took Franco's notebook out of his hands and found a fugly picture of Nina. Ugh. And I thought trying to choke Franco because he tried to give Jake a puppy was bad. What's next? Jason slamming Franco's head onto the table because he ordered a BLT at Kelly's?

Jason and Sam's OTT reaction to that pic was just another indicator of how forced everything on this show is.  Because maybe I've just seen too many weird paintings, but that pic of Nina was not THAT bad.  Christ, they acted like they stumbled upon a pic he drew with knives sticking out of her eyes and "I want to kill you" tattooed on her forehead.  

And that's the problem with Franco: the show won't truly commit to him being a villain.  I don't know why they brought the character back after what JF did with him.  Just dumb.  RH could've, and should've, played any of a number of other viable recasts that didn't have the creep stench on them.  

• Love 8

I just need for Sam to start sending goons after people again because this shit is crazy.

And I like how Julian can have feline cats and druggies murdered but he can't have someone put a bullet in Freako's head or casually throw a cup of acid in his face. . 

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Jason and Sam's OTT reaction to that pic was just another indicator of how forced everything on this show is.  Because maybe I've just seen too many weird paintings, but that pic of Nina was not THAT bad.  Christ, they acted like they stumbled upon a pic he drew with knives sticking out of her eyes and "I want to kill you" tattooed on her forehead.  

And that's the problem with Franco: the show won't truly commit to him being a villain.  I don't know why they brought the character back after what JF did with him.  Just dumb.  RH could've, and should've, played any of a number of other viable recasts that didn't have the creep stench on them.  

They're reacting to him like he spent several decades serial killing people and turning them into crappy art - like the last picture that he sent to Jason was a threat and like he posted "art" all over town taunting Sam about carrying his rape baby

Of course, poor put-upon Gentle Farmer Franco would never

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 8
(edited)

I get finding Franco more objectionable than mobsters, I guess---I just don't happen to, but I get it. I find Sonny and Julian, et al, more offensive cuz at least they try to explain away Franco and Jason's murderous tendencies with traumatic brain injuries or tumors or whatever. Sonny and Julian are mostly mobsters and killers cuz they want to be. I find that grosser.  

Full disclosure:  I love roger howarth and tho it's ludicrous that they made him Franco, I remain his fan and am more willing to overlook his character's horrible behavior than actors I am not fond of. I'm shallow. And I like his hair. 

Edited by luna1122
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, luna1122 said:

Full disclisure: I love roger howarth and tho it's ludicrous that they made him Franco, I remain his fan and am more willing to overlook his character's horrible behavior than actors I am not fond of. I'm shallow. And I like his hair. 

I respect that. :) I've hated characters just because their hair is annoying or vice versa.

• Love 6

So, anyone have any idea at all what the new doctor's (sorry, I'm awful with character names) scar is supposed to be about?  

I didn't get a closeup of it, but was it like a brownish rectangle? Not like a jagged knife scar. So I idly wondered whether it was supposed to be an implant of some kind--either medical in purpose or some control mechanism a la Helena. I got the impression that the doctor had not noticed it himself until then.

2 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

I got the impression that the doctor had not noticed it himself until then.

No, we saw him looking at it before; it might have been the first time Maxie saw him and he was shirtless.

Nathan and Griffin talked about it today, it is a bullet scar.  Also, did I miss the reason why Nathan was using the locker room at GH?

Wow, so this Aaron guys knits, that makes him so interesting and not at all like all the others off the Uncle Frank Robert Ford Assembly Line #eyeroll

• Love 2

Amy Vining 2.0 is no less annoying than OG Amy Vining, pace Shell Kepler.

Jason, you do not get to unilaterally decide what Jake can and cannot do. Also, gross that Jake is "our" son when Jason is yelling at Franco but becomes "my" son when he's yelling at Liz. And then he switches back to "our" when he tries to convince Liz not to deal with Franco.

What a hamfisted way for Nathan to interact with Griffin. TFGH.

I wish Anna would get selective amnesia where Duke is concerned. Good grief. I need a drink, too.

• Love 11

I'm still laughing at Jason and Sam being so angry at the Nina sketch.   Oh nos!  He drew her face!  Omg!   I had to pause it and laugh for about 5 minutes.  I also laughed at Anna getting in Alexis's face about defending Julian.  Girl, please!  Alexis defended Sonny before, do you think she cares?  Then again, Anna did stick Faison in a hole as opposed to super prison.   And then the lols continued at Dr Sad Kitty's scar.  Is that a cigarette burn?  Or was he smoking a joint and got really high and just burned his abdomen?   I get it Dr Sad Kitty, you'd have to be high to live in Port Charles.  But hide your stash from Maxie, she's a snitch.  Ask Johnny and Lulu.  

• Love 1

I like Amy 2.0. Hopefully she gets down to meddling a.s.a.p.! 

Jason is pretty aggressive, I was wondering if he was going to lose it on Liz and was hoping Franco didn't really leave.... 

Molly needs to STFU immediately. Life isn't black and white my little idealist. 

• Love 1

Griffin and Nathan might as well had both been naked in that locker room. Don't get me wrong, they both looked nice, but it sure did feel contrived! Griffin seems to feel partly responsible for what happened to him which produced the scar. Nathan must have shot him and Griffin has forgiven him for it since he didn't display any anger. Something still feels off though!

Also, did I miss the reason why Nathan was using the locker room at GH?

He said he got some of the OD guy's stuff on him and felt he needed to change.  

STFU talking tree and mind your own business. 

Anna, you tried to murder Carlos and were planning on skipping town with your mobster boyfriend who had earlier put a hit on an undercover federal agent. Maybe tone down your self righteousness. Also, why would Alexis kill that guy, call 911, and then wait for the cops to show up?. Why would she personally kill him when Julian has goons?

I wonder how long it will be before Liez and Feako end up in bed.

• Love 13
24 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Nathan and Griffin talked about it today, it is a bullet scar.  Also, did I miss the reason why Nathan was using the locker room at GH?

He got . . . something . . . all over himself. The guy's blood or something.

Nathan and Griffin should have just started randomly dancing. It hardly would have made it less absurd.

Kristina was my favorite person today. Since she gave no fucks, can everyone else start using "but he shot Kristina's dad!" as a reason why Alexis representing Carlos is an abomination? And usually I liked Hayley Pullos, but Molly sounds less distressed and more self-righteous when talking about Alexis representing Julian.

Speaking of Scott Sickles' scripts and nasty jabs, "sorry, we don't do voice transplants here" was pretty icky towards KSt/Maxie. We're allowed to say it, not them, darn it.

Hair improvements: RoHo and DZ, although the ends sticking out with DZ was a little weird. But I always enjoy scenes with Dante and Anna, and I think he and KeMo work well together too. I thought FH and NLG work well together too, and I thought that was a pretty even handed confrontation between Alexis and Anna. Alexis is helping out Julian but it was still kinda low imo for Anna to bring up Kiefer. So then of course at the end of the episode Anna had to mention justice for Duke. Damn it! We almost made it!

• Love 7

In Nathan's defence, he said that Epiphany had told him he could use the lounge to clean up before going back to work.  It's not as bad as when Carly marched in there like she owned the place.  

• Love 1

New Nurse Amy is awful to the women, but flirtatious and sugary to the men and Franco, so I'm guessing we're stuck with her.

There was a framed photo of a cat on Anna's desk. Make of that what you will.

• Love 14

Speaking of Scott Sickles' scripts and nasty jabs, "sorry, we don't do voice transplants here" was pretty icky towards KSt/Maxie. We're allowed to say it, not them, darn it.

I loved the snark at Maxie's expense for her voice! Maybe the new nurse is Amy 2.0, but she also had vibes of Zoey Barkow (Merritt Weaver) on "Nurse Jackie," I thought.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I loled at that line but it was kind of a low blow. Was it Sickle's who got in all the Fat AJ jokes, too? If so he is such a dick.

This episode filled me with so much rage and Sonny wasn't even it it. I'm so tired of all these people being so fucking self-righteous and/or smug. I want almost everyone to be murdered tbh.

• Love 4
(edited)
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I loled at that line but it was kind of a low blow. Was it Sickle's who got in all the Fat AJ jokes, too? If so he is such a dick.

This episode filled me with so much rage and Sonny wasn't even it it. I'm so tired of all these people being so fucking self-righteous and/or smug. I want almost everyone to be murdered tbh.

Yeah he was. But I think most of the writers had a hand in that. Honestly I think Ron probably added in some last minute writing in people's scripts. "YOU FORGOT TO MENTION AJ IS HEFTY."

Huh, I was opposite, I thought the episode was decent. There was nothing I felt the desperate need to FF. I thought Molly was a bit much, but it's less her Julian hate but more her painting Sonny and Duke as Carlos' innocent victims. Plus I liked her other scenes with Kristina, although I get the vibe she just likes Kristina being gay cause it makes her, Molly, cool by association or something.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Sigh.   That's the dream.   This cast is more bloated than Red Lobster.  

• Love 1