Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I fast forwarded all the Nik/Liz and Sonny/Anna scenes. Gross in both cases imo.

I loved the Quartermaine scenes again. Tracy saying she wanted Ned and Dillon to kill their fathers was perfection.

Sam/Jason are wearing so thin for me already, but they're still kinda cute.

I love Curtis so much why WHY is he being wasted with Valerie's stupid ass? Valerie looked really pretty today though. I loved her shirt. But anyway the Curtis/Hayden friendship is so cute and I love it. Can we have more scenes of them and less (i.e. none at all) of Nik/Hayden or Hayden/Liz please writers!

Scott/Ava is fun. Stupid, but fun.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

I can imagine how that decision went "well, who hasn't been on screen much, so it won't stick out that they have literally never mentioned losing their money to Rebecca Budig's father?  That old guy who had a thing for Laura?  You know, Franco's dad?  And people will, naturally, be up in arms, because everyone loves Franco!"

I can imagine how that decision went "well, who hasn't been on screen much, so it won't stick out that they have literally never mentioned losing their money to Rebecca Budig's father?  That old guy who had a thing for Laura?  You know, Franco's dad?  And people will, naturally, be up in arms, because everyone loves Franco!"

Is it me or is out of character for Scotty not to be ranting and raving over it and plotting revenge over it.I sure hope Serena has control of her trust fund lol.

I love Curtis so much why WHY is he being wasted with Valerie's stupid ass? Valerie looked really pretty today though. I loved her shirt.

Val looks like his kid sister. They should be doing her and Dillon. I know the poor fellow is probably shaped like Ken down there but even he must be having a twinge of blue balls by now. Let him have a girl (or a boy, or whatever) already.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 10

Val looks like his kid sister. They should be doing her and Dillon. I know the poor fellow is probably shaped like Ken down there but even he must be having a twinge of blue balls by now. Let him have a girl (or a boy, or whatever) already.

Oh God, now I know what that dude reminds me of. Crap.

• Love 1

I am enjoying these Jasam scenes. I am also glad they went back to getting back the Q-business storyline.

Also, when Liz was saying something about Jason's love for her wasn't enough to over come her lie, I wanted to shout NOT THE SAME THING. Like Hayden lied about herself. Liz lied to a man about his identity, kept him from his family and everyone he knew. Totally different.

Anyways, I really enjoyed the words coming out Hayden's mouth. I couldn't believe they were allowing Hayden to say this and not Sam. Come on. Sam better go back to Nik and pretend she knows nothing about Hayden. 

• Love 9

Valerie needs her old hairstyle back, stat.  If she's going to be palling around with Curtis, she really needs to not look like he swung by Port Charles HS 173 to pick up some jailbait on the way to dinner (and considering his snarky-bordering-on-cocky attitude, this isn't that much of a stretch for me).

Tracy, Ned, and Dillon were love.  I'm admittedly still debating over whether this is indeed a full-on kickstart to the Saving ELQ storyline, though, or a feint.

Anna and Sonny...bonding over their mutual thirst for TEH JUSTIS for Duke...I get it, and in a bubble it sort of worked, but Christ on a pony did I hate it.  Anna needs to be doing her own thing, not going to the local Godfather (drink!) for advice or assistance.  I mean, damn, can't she call in a WSB favor or something?

Scott being Ava's bodyhehehe...okay, sorry...Scott is now Ava's bodyguahahahaaa...he's her bodyHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA <wheeze, wheeze>...

Okay, I'm better now.  Seriously, though--Scott loses all his money (to Raymond Berlin, because of course), so he agrees to be Ava's bodyguard?  I love Scott, and I love Ava, but huh?  Show didn't want to bring Chris McKenna or somebody on for a few episodes as her portable wall?

And all that brings me to Nik, Liz, and Haychel...which I'm going to just skip over, because I'm so utterly over it.  While Liz is the only person I can root for by default here, I just don't have it in me right now to do it.  So, eff this.

• Love 6

Kill 2 stones with one bird with him & Val. If not make him gay just keep him away from my girl. The fact they keep subtle teasing him & Maxie is disgusting. He was the love of her sisters life & they were married. It's not her problem he can't light a match too save his life. Besides who wants to be 3rd best behind his "love for Lulu" & when he remembers his actual soulmate Georgie.

Scott being Ava's bodyhehehe...okay, sorry...Scott is now Ava's bodyguahahahaaa...he's her bodyHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA <wheeze, wheeze>...

If someone tries to harm Ava Scotty is just going to run away and I don't know why Ava would expect anything different.

• Love 3

Kill 2 stones with one bird with him & Val. If not make him gay just keep him away from my girl. The fact they keep subtle teasing him & Maxie is disgusting. He was the love of her sisters life & they were married. It's not her problem he can't light a match too save his life. Besides who wants to be 3rd best behind his "love for Lulu" & when he remembers his actual soulmate Georgie.

They might have been flirting with Maxie/Dillon but I think they dropped that.

• Love 2
If she's going to be palling around with Curtis, she really needs to not look like he swung by Port Charles HS 173 to pick up some jailbait on the way to dinner (and considering his snarky-bordering-on-cocky attitude, this isn't that much of a stretch for me).

Eesh, that's the vibe I was getting, too. Lighten up on the smarm, Curtis.

he remembers his actual soulmate Georgie.

Jar of Mayo and Georgie weren't some great love for the ages. They were teenagers. That said, Mayo and Maxie need to stay ex-in-laws. 

• Love 1

They might have been flirting with Maxie/Dillon but I think they dropped that.

Until a few months from now when someone in the writer's room gets bored and says "hey, weren't we going to do Maxie/Dillon?" 

• Love 1

Hatred of a character is fine - and expected here. But in the interest of a pleasant forum, this is a reminder to try to be more creative with expressing that displeasure since slut-shaming and misogynistic language doesn't make for a hospitable environment.

So let's ease off on the usual "bitch", etc. Get creative, but keep it respectful of the rules and your fellow posters.

Thanks. Any questions, PM me, @thewhiteowl, or @OnceSane.

• Love 2

I really liked this, too.  This Jason is sooooo not SBu's Jason--and let's keep it that way.  BM's wheelhouse--if he has one--isn't 'stone cold killer," that's for sure.  And I'm seeing some really good chem with Leslie Charleston and Jane Elliott.  Keep him in the Q sphere--at least that has some potential and is more interesting than watching he and Sam talk about going on a date.

I've been in a 90s Q rabbit hole on Youtube, and -- kudos to SBu -- his Jason Quartermaine and his Jason Morgan were so different, even when only a year or two had passed after the accident. I forgot that Jason Q was actually a sweet, charming, funny person. He even moved differently -- more gracefully, certainly not like the cranky robot Jason Morgan became. 

• Love 2

When next we see Niz, are they going to be waking up in bed together? He asked her to stay with him for the night.

And do all of BH's big blouses and references to Liz's three different baby daddies mean that, to put it delicately,  Liz is soon to have a fourth notch on the cradle?   

• Love 1

I actually hope not.  The timing would be weird, for one, considering Liz is camping out at Wyndemere.

If someone tries to harm Ava Scotty is just going to run away and I don't know why Ava would expect anything different.

Hit the lute, Franco!

Bravely bold Scott Baldwin
Rode forth from Metro Court
He was not afraid to die
Oh, brave Scott Baldwin
He was not at all afraid
To be killed in nasty ways
Brave, brave, brave, brave Scott Baldwin

He was not in the least bit scared
To be mashed into a pulp
Or to have his eyes gouged out
And his elbows broken
To have his kneecaps split
And his body burned away
And his limbs all hacked and mangled
Brave Scott Baldwin

His head smashed in
And his heart cut out
And his liver removed
And his bowels unplugged
And his nostrils raped
And his bottom burnt off
And his penis split and his--

Scott: "Uh, yeah, you can cut that out now."

• Love 17

I fast forwarded all the Nik/Liz and Sonny/Anna scenes. Gross in both cases imo.

I loved the Quartermaine scenes again. Tracy saying she wanted Ned and Dillon to kill their fathers was perfection.

Sam/Jason are wearing so thin for me already, but they're still kinda cute.

I love Curtis so much why WHY is he being wasted with Valerie's stupid ass? Valerie looked really pretty today though. I loved her shirt. But anyway the Curtis/Hayden friendship is so cute and I love it. Can we have more scenes of them and less (i.e. none at all) of Nik/Hayden or Hayden/Liz please writers!

Scott/Ava is fun. Stupid, but fun.

I'll just echo all of this. Great post.

I really did think Nik and Liz were just going to start going at it. It's so both of their MO's.

Love anytime Curtis and Hayden are together. Rebecca Budig (the actress) did a really good job of selling that line - "do you really think I'm pretty?" I want more of them and less of they're currently sharing scenes with.

Anna/Sonny...I've already said it. Horrible.

Ned! My favorite (and only Q I actually like). Always good to see him and WK back in town.

Scott/Ava is wonderful. I don't care what they write to get more scenes for them. Just keep it light and fun like this. And with all the money that she's paying him, he'd be stupid to go anywhere. As long as she feels she needs protection, he'll keep getting paid more and more.

• Love 2

I think there would be rioting in the streets if anyone but SN played Stefan. Maybe just me, but a recast Stefan is like the younger Han Solo Star Wars movie: Not a good idea.

The idea of Dr. Michael Easton being either Stavros or Stefan is ridiculous to me. I know he's no spring chicken, but he's way too young for either role.

I think there would be rioting in the streets if anyone but SN played Stefan. Maybe just me, but a recast Stefan is like the younger Han Solo Star Wars movie: Not a good idea.

The idea of Dr. Michael Easton being either Stavros or Stefan is ridiculous to me. I was going to say he's way too young for the role, but whoa, Robert Kelker-Kelly is only 51? I guess he's not too young for unfrozen Stavros, but I still think a newer Cassadine would be far more successful.

FV/RC set Wyndemere on fire so they could replace the furniture with something cheaper

I thought they did that just to send Spencer to the Shriners' Hospitals for Children.  A futon wouldn't look any more ridiculous. 

If this has been asked and answered already, I apologize. I read through the three but I could have missed it. I'm just catching up on the last couple weeks and am currently watching the Helena will reading episode. When Nik, Laura and Lulu were talking before anyone else showed up, Lulu commented something like "Grandmother made my life miserable." I rewound it, assuming she said something to Nik like "YOUR Grandmother made life miserable," but she didn't say that. Helena is not, and never has been Lulu's grandmother, and I have absolutely no recollection of her ever referring to Helena as such. What am I missing here?

• Love 1

I like Ava and Scott just cause it's different.

co-signing that Hayden/Curtis are good.

My favorite Tracy line was "why are you talking to me like I'm a hamster?" Glad to see Ned back.

• Love 8

I'm kinda surprised Mo and Finola have no chem actually, but there's no heat. I'm relieved, heh.

People keep talking about this mad sexual/romantic chem between them and I'm like, "..............……….................................."

• Love 8

When Nik, Laura and Lulu were talking before anyone else showed up, Lulu commented something like "Grandmother made my life miserable." I rewound it, assuming she said something to Nik like "YOUR Grandmother made life miserable," but she didn't say that. Helena is not, and never has been Lulu's grandmother, and I have absolutely no recollection of her ever referring to Helena as such. What am I missing here?

You're not missing anything. It must have been a mistake on the writer's part or the actress flubbed the line.

People keep talking about this mad sexual/romantic chem between them and I'm like, "..............……….................................."

Seriously. I see more chemistry between her and sleepy Griffin. Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Seriously. I see more chemistry between her and sleepy Griffin.

People always do this with Fin, though. They act like she has sexual chemistry with every man she shares scenes with. I've never agreed with that, I'll just leave it at that.

• Love 1

People always do this with Fin, though. They act like she has sexual chemistry with every man she shares scenes with. I've never agreed with that, I'll just leave it at that.

I'm one of those people, which is why it suprised me that there was so little with her and Maurice. Not just because of her though, I actually think Maurice has a lot of charisma usually, say what you will about his acting.

• Love 4

I'm one of those people, which is why it suprised me that there was so little with her and Maurice. Not just because of her though, I actually think Maurice has a lot of charisma usually, say what you will about his acting.

Oh, ok, gotcha.

If this has been asked and answered already, I apologize. I read through the three but I could have missed it. I'm just catching up on the last couple weeks and am currently watching the Helena will reading episode. When Nik, Laura and Lulu were talking before anyone else showed up, Lulu commented something like "Grandmother made my life miserable." I rewound it, assuming she said something to Nik like "YOUR Grandmother made life miserable," but she didn't say that. Helena is not, and never has been Lulu's grandmother, and I have absolutely no recollection of her ever referring to Helena as such. What am I missing here?

I wondered the same thing.  And I am not a long time viewer, so I wondered if Helena was her grandmother, but she clearly is not.  I think she mis-spoke.

I totally agree that everything Vivian Darkbloom is saying to Liz, Sam should have, but Show decided to shift the conflict away because reasons.

Anna and Sonny bonding..... *barware*

"Vivian Darkbloom's father is the Evilest Evil!" "Why, Show?" "He's TotallyNot!BernieMadoff!" "And in context of the rogue's gallery of PC, why am I suppose to care?" "Uh... uh.... he bilked SCOTTY!"

Back on Y&R, when Adam first appeared and in control of Newman Enterprise, he was the erstwhile villian because a) He was totally reckless! b) He was out of control! c) HE FIRED NEIL!!!!!

I see GH has picked up the same strawman storytelling as it has picked up Y&R draft picks.

Show got lucky with the storyline reveal with Fluke, although TG's health postponed it, but it had 30 years of backstory to piece together a framework.

Maddy's secret about Nina was interesting, but I believe they may have had an endgame, so they knew where they were going with the storyline.

Brad and Rosalie was their attempt to have a Big Secret Now, Plot Later, but it fizzled badly.

I think they had the same approach of BSN:PL with Vivian Darkbloom, but when RH's contract negotiations fell through, they said "Oh Fuck!" and had to wrap it up and come up with a plot on the fly.

• Love 5

I cheered when Liz smacked Haden when she called the boys bastards. Was Nick married to Spencer's mother when he was born. krissy's parents were not together, etc etc. carly wasn't married to AJ yadda, yadda , yadda.Alexis has three kids from different fathers. The whole show is the same, and Liz is a tramp??

Edited by testardo
  • Love 4

I can't bring myself to care too much that Liz was insulted. Liz did her own share of insulting. Truth be told, Liz's only setting seems to be barking at other women over a man, and I just find that so...dull. And I know there's a theory going around that the Greenlee/Rayden fans are really just Sam fans hating on Liz, but that's a bunch of bunk, because I'm interested in Rayden(for now), but not so much the other two. I like Sam in the Q orbit, but otherwise, I can take or leave both Liz and Sam.

I just want Liz to have more self awareness. The fact that she can go on and on about Rayden's lie and poor Nik, when she KNOWS Nik tried to have Rayden killed, just makes her look pathetic beyond compare.

Yeah, I love Kin, but I don't think I can sit through Ava being shoe horned into yet another storyline where she doesn't fit. I know a lot of people think the show is trying to make Rayden "work", but IMO the real character they've been trying to make work for YEARS is Ava. At least Rayden hasn't had one full continuous year of screen time. Ava has had what, three or four years (or does it just feel that long) and has been moved from place to place, story to story, and she just doesn't fit. It's getting progressively worse, as this current SL makes NO sense at all.

Scott is NOT a bodyguard. Ava has the money and power to pursue other options for "protection". I just really hate that yet again, she's blaming all her problems on someone else. This character has NEVER grown in all the time on this show.

HEY, you stupid cow. You MURDERED someone, and tried to kill someone else. And would have killed yet another if not for the fact that your daughter was dating him. You're no one's victim here. Your circumstances are of your own making. And please don't tell me that a woman who comes onto the show ready and willing to take someone out, wouldn't just hide somewhere with a stash of weapons, or flee the country.

I can't with the stupidity of the Scott/Ava crap. What is she, dime store Lucy Coe, now? So ridiculous.

I'm saving watching the Ned/Tracy/Dillon scenes until the end of the week. I have a feeling I'm going to need something positive about GH to look forward to.

• Love 3
Why doesn't Hayden just confront Nik about the shooting and secretly record it?

She finally says something sometime this week, but she's probably too dumb to record it. We can't have the wimminz getting one up on the men, you know.

I really did think Nik and Liz were just going to start going at it. It's so both of their MO's.

It's so gross that Nik asked her to stay. Maybe your inability to be alone is part of your problem, huh, Nik? Try to be more self-sufficient, and get an inner life.

My favorite Tracy line was "why are you talking to me like I'm a hamster?" Glad to see Ned back.

Hee. I also liked her deathbed wish and both sons saying at the same time she wasn't going to die. It was good Tracy shut them down and made them listen to her. There's been a lot of idiocy with this story, but I like that they're letting Tracy control the narrative somewhat and having some genuine end-of-life wishes that she wants followed. (Some more seriously than others, of course.) 

I'm kinda surprised Mo and Finola have no chem actually, but there's no heat.

Sonny and Anna shouldn't have any chemistry, though, so it makes sense for the characters. And I think the actors are smart enough not to play up anything that might be between them. Anna and Sonny shouldn't even like each other, but of course no one can hate Sonny.

• Love 7

I'm pretty sure recordings are still not something you can use to prosecute someone-which makes the Ava/Paul mess even dumber, but I digress.

Rachel could record Nik, but the only thing it'd be good for is what Paul is using it for: blackmail.

Unless the laws in the state of NY are different, to which I'd defer to anyone that lives there.

Would be fun though, just to see Nik's face at Rachel showing her hand.

NY has a "one-party consent" law regarding recording conversations. So Nik could be prosecuted if Rebecca Budig recorded her conversation with him but not if Sam recorded them without their permission

Ah, cool. I think other states have that same thing, as long as one person in the conversation knows they are being recorded, it can be used.

Well, then. Bust him like an egg on Easter. What is the dumb girl waiting on?

Oh, she's in love. Umkay.

• Love 2

Why is Scotty Ava's bodyguard instead of her attorney or business partner? Why do these writers consistently make the stupidest choices possible?

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 9

And why are they handwaving Rayden's possible involvement in the ponzi scheme?  It was all "poor me" rather than any remorse for the victims of her dad (and possibly herself).  It was all big, tearful doe-eyes as she left the mansion

Is Rayden happy to steal the company away from the Q's, just because she lurves Nik? 

• Love 2

Never fear, the RAAAGE embolism I suffered from how much I FUCKING HATE NIKOLAS did not kill me, although it was touch and go there for a while.

Holy hell, you guys.

This was probably one of the most relatable posts about Nik I've read in a while. He's so horrible that he makes Sonny look okay lately. I feel so dirty.
  • Love 2