Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

ETA: Oh, and I'm always ragging on Billy Miller but the look on his face in the previews was hilarious. Billy Miller so does not want to be your best friend, Carly.

• Love 6
Rebecca Budig found a first edition of The Great Gatsby in a bookstore and not through a broker?

At least they googled correctly the publisher, date and verse on the title page in yesterday's episode and the right graphic on the clothe of the first edition in Tuesday's episode.  I say promote the prop person into the writing crew.  At least that person pays attention to details and makes due with less and less. For example, the gray was replaced with blue lighting on the walls at the Metro Court yesterday.

• Love 3

So which was worst...

A) Carly being in the Quartermaine crypt and her revisionist lecturing about the Quartermaines to Jason.

B) Anna being all chummy with Sonny.

1. Damn this question.

2. A. Always A. Carly is the last person who should be telling Jason about his life with the Q's, too.

• Love 6

That scene with Jane in the crypt talking to her family was all types of awesome. A rare non-holiday Quartermaine family (or what's left of them) feature day - plus hospital scenes.  Yeah!

• Love 11

1. Damn this question.

2. A. Always A. Carly is the last person who should be telling Jason about his life with the Q's, too.

Exactly. Just because they were crappy to Carly in and of itself, doesn't make them bad people. Everyone should be crappy to Carly, just on principle. I hope this version of Jason actually decides for himself to get to know the Qs as individual people, before rejecting them. The other Jason never did, he just stood on that high horse and judged them. It was just another of many reasons to hate him.

• Love 11

Right before he went to see Jordan, he was looking at Valerie's number on his phone but didn't call her

Totally missed that.  It helps make the confrontation scene make more sense.  Thank you.  

B) Anna being all chummy with Sonny.

They don't show us previews here in Canada, so I had prejudged that scene based on what people were saying about it yesterday.  I will admit after seeing it, that it wasn't as bad as I thought it would.  But they still had to slip in the line about how Sonny has resources that Anna doesn't have.  Shut up show, Anna has the WSB and Robert Freakin' Scorpio at her disposal.  She doesn't need the greasy mobster.  

So which was worst...

A) Carly being in the Quartermaine crypt and her revisionist lecturing about the Quartermaines to Jason.

B)  Carly being all, "ew gross fat AJ" and conveniently forgetting to tell Jason that Sonny killed AJ because he wanted to.  

• Love 4

So Carly conveniently forgot that AJ was the only person that didn't treat her like shit when she first came on or that he actually showed compassion to her when she lost it over Todd?

Or that Jason Morgan wouldn't have existed at all if Jason Q didn't love his brother?

And all this about Jason being a father to Michael and how many scenes have they shared?

• Love 9

1. Damn this question.

Agreed. Her going "ahahah I don't want to leave this creepy place alone!!" was the worst. 

And a lot of people say Billy Miller looks bored/puts no effort, that's not my problem with him, but today, staring at Carly looking like he just hated everything about life was hilarious. It worked, cause it's Carly.

The look on his face was pretty much the only thing I paid attention to today. Griffin actually seemed not bad when he was yelling at Dr Cartoon. So he just can't deliver everyday dialogue like a normal human being, got it.

I stared in fascination at Dillon's face for a bit. I was like, "how can someone be so bland looking" and then he kinda seemed handsome but then the blandness overtook it and was like looking at a Magic Eye picture or something, it was creeping me out.

• Love 13

Exactly. Just because they were crappy to Carly in and of itself, doesn't make them bad people. 

Yeah, because the Qs had no reason to not adore Carly.  I mean, she just drugged their alcoholic son to make him think he fell off the wagon and then kept his child away from him.  But, yeah, they totally should've welcomed her with open arms--maybe even just given her Monica's mansion.  

• Love 10
(edited)

Yeah, because the Qs had no reason to not adore Carly.  I mean, she just drugged their alcoholic son to make him think he fell off the wagon and then kept his child away from him.  But, yeah, they totally should've welcomed her with open arms--maybe even just given her Monica's mansion.  

Carly (paraphrasing): They thought I was no good trailer trash.

Me: ...you came to town to seduce your birth mother's husband while sleeping with their brain-damaged son on the side and then got knocked up during a drunken ONS with their other son.  You WERE trailer trash!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 20

SHUT UP, CARLY!

It was bad enough that she stepped foot in the Quartermaine crypt, but it was maddening hearing her give Jason her view of the Quartermaine history. It didn't matter what she was saying - I just hated all of it. I didn't buy her talking sappily, while draping herself all over Jason, about Edward and Alan - as if she actually knew them. And I absolutely loathed that witch badmouthing AJ and the Q's. 'They tried to take my child because they saw me as just trailer trash.' Of course she conveniently leaves out the fact that AJ wanted to share custody with her initially, but she kept lying (and put AJ in a laundry basket and poured alcohol all over him) and trying to deny Michael's true paternity. But, sure, the Q's just hated her because they were snobs. It's horrible that someone tried to take her child from her, yet it's A-OK that she did the same thing to the child's father. 

The only thing that made those scenes okay was that Jason decided that he wanted to stay in the crypt and be close to his family and that he'll have scenes with Monica tomorrow - not that I hold out hope that the show will actually allow Monica to correct some of Carly's lies of omission since Carly's supposed to be the wonderful matriarch of this show now (*puke*)

• Love 11

She really is just repulsive to me in every way. I hate her revisionist history stories.

• Love 12

The guy playing Griffin is so, so terrible. The scene where he was talking to The Floating Rib waitress was painful. "This food is good. I like food. Food is ... good." I can't believe we have to watch this fuckery every day, but then we only see Curtis twice a month.

• Love 5
(edited)

I personally don't like Curtis I thought b/c he was smarmy but now that I've see more of him I feel like he is trying to emulate Shemar Moore and mama don't play that.

Funny you mention this because my sister walked into the room yesterday during a Curtis scene and said, "He really reminds me of Morgan." LOL!

The guy playing Griffin is so, so terrible. The scene where he was talking to The Floating Rib waitress was painful. "This food is good. I like food. Food is ... good." I can't believe we have to watch this fuckery every day, but then we only see Curtis twice a month.

This though for real. What is up with this guy? He just really isn't working. Can we give his screen time to Curtis asap, please?!

Oh also between Carly having the audacity to talk about the Qs, Anna thanking Sonny, and Michael saying something about Carlos being a 'cold blooded murder' while he kisses Sonny's ass all day every day was just way too much horrible for me. I've barely recovered.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8

552 months ago I said it was taking too long for Jason to get his memory back. 552 months later and he's still only had a few flashes. It would be great if the writers could stop acting stupid and give him his damn memory back so we can move the fuck on already. 

I'm tired of hearing about Carlos.

• Love 16

Tracy and Dillon's scenes were nice.

Carly taking Jason into the Q's crypt just felt like hmm no. I don't even hate Carly but come on. You talking about AJ: who your current husband MURDERED. "Sweet and kind" Emily who I believe you were never nice to and she couldn't stand you as much as the rest of her family; rightfully so too. Carly, they treated you like trash because you drugged one son and made him think he relapsed and kept their grandchild away from them. Pretty legit reasons.

• Love 13

... Michael saying something about Carlos being a 'cold blooded murder' while he kisses Sonny's ass all day every day was just way too much horrible for me. I've barely recovered.

I'm surprised Felix didn't give him a "bitch, please" look there. I can take or leave Felix, but this was a spot where his talents would be useful.

Also, when Michael said, "we almost lost Morgan," I thought, well, they're just trolling us now.

• Love 5
Also, when Michael said, "we almost lost Morgan," I thought, well, they're just trolling us now.

We should be so lucky to lose him.

Trolling was Tracy at the Q crypt saying how much she misses her family. Maybe if HW after HW hadn't been so idiotically shortsighted and killed off all them, Tracy would have more of a support system than Jar of Mayo.

ETA: I love how "Belgium" is just a wall outside Kelly's with a sign in a foreign language slapped on it.

Felix mentioned Sabrina said she wasn't coming back; is TeCa's return confirmed?

How many times was the Freedman Clinic mentioned? FFS.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

The actress is great, but I am totally creeped out by Carly constantly touching, stroking, leaning on, and leaning over Jason. I halfway expected her to propose sex in the crypt to Jason. She was already shaking her breasts at him before they went to the crypt. I know she must be a hypocrite, claiming that suddenly she is concerned about the violence and guns that surround Sonny.

I think that Carly has been jonesing for Jason and racking her brains to figure out a way to approach him while backing away from Sonny without angering Sonny or arousing his suspicions. Carly sees Jason and Sam slowly finding their way toward each other, and she wants to dash in there and scoop Jason up for her bed first. So she lies to everyone about her concern for Sonny's lifestyle--using motherly concern for Morgan as a cover.

Sonny already had a brief premonition of her withdrawal from him when he said "You gonna leave me?" and Carly had to do some fast tap-dancing and lying to reassure him. Maybe she just wants a few rolls in the hay with Jason, while keeping her marriage going too.

• Love 1

As an unrepentant Jarly fan, I will save this day and watch it over and over and over, especially if someone kindly on YouTube extracts all of the Jason/Carly stuff for my viewing benefit.  I loved how she got to be the one to tell "Jason Quartermaine" about how things started with them and who meant what to whom and all of that.  I am in Jarly heaven.  Happy dance.   

Edited by 33kaitykaity
  • Love 1

Jason getting a sanitized version of Quartermaine family events...from Carly.  Honestly, fuck it--Jane Elliot was good enough today that all the other fuckery going on got a free pass.  And that includes Dr. Xerox trying to man up against Dr. Mays.

It's always been lip service. Passanante and Altman aren't the first to have Sonny and/or Carly bemoan what the mob has done to their lives, but they took it to a new level of WTFery with the most recent conversation. Especially because the reexamination basically came about because Lauren got shot. "No one wants [Lauren]!" Carly said it herself! Yet suddenly LAUREN is the catalyst for all this self-examination?

It's not as if Michael or Morgan hadn't dabbled in mob business in the past. Mykill put out a hit on someone. Morgan has blundered into deals before. Why is Lauren getting shot suddenly the straw that breaks the camel's back? (But really doesn't, since Sonny won't ever leave the mob.) Because she's the one who can influence Ava in the custody battle for Avery?

I guess the idea is that Kiki is an innocent, and at this point it's probably safe to say she's a family friend (and member thanks to Avery) to boot, who got caught in the literal line of fire.  I'd kind of like the show to actually go all the way there and say that, though it likely won't, just to dot that I.  But it still loops back to the infuriating main issue: after all this shit brought to their family's doorstep, neither Sonny nor Carly have truly felt the urge to just back the fuck up and GET OUT...but they at least oh-so-briefly entertained the idea now?  For Kiki?  And with this show's track record?  Why even bother?

• Love 1

Carly, you said it yourself, "NO ONE wants Kiki!" So why you mad?

Carly needs to STFU about the Quartermaines. She makes me want to punch her in the ovaries.

Tracy/JE was nothing short of fabulous today. She even got Private Mayo to emote! Their ILYs made dust fly into my eyes.

Anna giving Sonny a mini tongue bath was so unnecessary, at least she was allowed to say she doesn't trust him. But all this outrage over Julian daring to get out of the mob after ordering a successful hit on Duke rings so false. Anna, Duke did the same. Fucking. Thing. to Jordan (just with a shittier hit man) & you couldn't wait to leave town with his apparently less than nine lives ass.

• Love 12

But they still had to slip in the line about how Sonny has resources that Anna doesn't have.  Shut up show, Anna has the WSB and Robert Freakin' Scorpio at her disposal.  She doesn't need the greasy mobster.  

I was more emphatic.

"Oh no.

No, no, no, Show.

Aw HELLS NO Show!

Even if it makes Anna as Commissioner Gordon, you do NOT get to portray the Moobster as the Goddamn Batman!"

(Looking for Teen Selena Kyle to push Sonny out a window at his warehouse)

• Love 9

I can't answer for Heatlifer, but I know I hit my ultimate limit with the whole thing when Bobbie pretty much patted her on the head and sympathized with her instead of offering the wisdom of her past mistakes as a cautionary tale and sticking up for her other niece at least a little bit.  

Yes, Bobbie surprised me when she appeared too supportive to Valerie.  Now, on the other hand, I would have been upset with Bobbie had she "preached" to Valerie, given Bobbie's checkered past.  That said, she could have offered more of her past wisdom and shown more awareness of Lulu's situation.  However, I can't put Bobbie's missteps here on the list of Valerie's "sins" in the way some seem to have done.  Those are on Bobbie.

The other characters, so the writers are to blame basically.

I really liked Valerie in the beginning and I thought BS was decent with a great potential to be something really special. But then Valerie became insufferable and imo BS became worse and worse. Her acting did Valerie no favors. Just really bad imo.

My issue with Valerie, other than the fact that I find her boring, is that you really kind of forfeit most moral highground when you sleep with someone else's husband or wife. She's just written as far too smug and judgemental and blame gaming for my taste. I think she forgets that when you point a finger at someone else, the rest of your fingers are pointing back at you. Lame comparison, but oh so true in her case.

Yeah, her reasoning has always pretty much been "I might have slept with a married man, but Lulu LIED. She deserved to be cheated on." Blech.

I don’t mean to belabor these points, but I was unable to respond yesterday and I want to acknowledge these answers. 

And certainly the answers suggest that Valerie’s failure to be seen clearly owning her guilt and, at the same time, reminding Lulu of her part in the mess – are, to some, seen as equally big or bigger sins than sleeping with Dante.  By the way, I’m not discounting her having slept with a married man.  However, doing so is a rite of passage for Spencer women – and for many women in Port Charles.  Therefore, putting on my soap hat, I can’t get overly judgmental about that sin.  And, if I forget I’m watching a soap, all I need to do is think about the past stories of the other women in that gift-gifting pre-wedding scene at Carly’s house – Bobbie, Carly, Maxie and Lulu. 

Reading the answers and thinking about the very difficult position in which the writers placed Valerie, I stick even more to my original premise that Valerie was consistently the one under the bus – and that Dante and Lulu were NOT written badly to promote her in any way.  IF Valerie had been the one being given the favorable point-of-view by the writers, she – not Lulu – would have been placed in the root-for position by being able to offer the apology Lulu gave at the Floating Rib in their last shared scenes.

But that was given to Lulu, a character who, except for her extreme behavior post-reveal, has been given incredibly supportive writing for the past two plus years.  Now, Dante has suffered for his POV – as he should.  After all, he was the married man – the one who cheated on Lulu … the one who rushed to judgment about his wife – the one who mercilessly called her out on her return from Canada  – the one who lied to Lulu for four months.  and the one who encouraged Valerie.  His sins are on him and no one else!! 

I agree that Valerie’s ownership of her part in the mess should have been more clearly stated and that her character’s position could have been improved if the writers had allowed her the type of apology scene they gave Lulu.  But the writers were more focused on taking Dante and Lulu’s story where they wanted it to be than they were in giving Valerie’s POV the clearer presentation it needed.  Instead some of Valerie’s ownership of her part of the blame was buried in scenes in which she also reminded Lulu of her part in the mess.  And the concerns she did voice for Lulu and Dante’s happiness – or her wishes that they work things out – were spoken to other characters, but never to Lulu.  But again, one needs to be a careful observer of dialogue because these references were one-liners buried in other dialogue – another example of the especially bad writing Valerie was given.

I think BS would've had to play a really strong sense of guilt and with a selfishness motivated by mourning and loneliness - which would've been insanely difficult for a newbie, especially given the dialogue. She'd basically have to play just about every scene against the text of writers who actually thought Valerie/Dante were viable and she'd have to do it in one take with very little acting experience and zero soap experience.

I feel badly for the actress but the character is awful

I’m not sure the writers ever thought Dante and Valerie were all that viable.  What I do think is that they may have seen the support they received as a tool to use to further the Lante story even more – to bring it to this dramatic point where they would break up so, as ulkis said at the start of my part in this conversation, they could renew their vows.  I stick to my opinion that this has always been a Lante story – a badly-written, character-damaging one – but a Lante story intended to bring them to a low point and then have them rebuild. 

But, putting the Dante/Valerie consideration aside, I agree very much with you about the impossible position in which Brytni Sarpy was placed in this story.   Even a seasoned actress would have difficulty dealing with the limited character development and the limiting dialogue she was given.  In fact, very often she didn’t even have words with which to express her POV – but only momentary cryptic looks which could be – and which were – interpreted by viewers’ preconceived notions of her character’s motivations.  While I do agree that some of her subsequent scenes did not live up her initial promise, I have seen things I like in her performance and would appreciate seeing her have a chance outside this Lante story which did became a trap of short bursts of repeated dialogue for her.

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 1

Yeah, her reasoning has always pretty much been "I might have slept with a married man, but Lulu LIED. She deserved to be cheated on." Blech.

One last comment about what, for me, has become a case study in how NOT to introduce a new character and how NOT to write existing ones (hence my focus on details about POV).

Ah yes, Valerie’s insistence on reminding Lulu about her (Lulu’s) “mistakes” and her repetition of the theme that all three made mistakes!!  Insistence and repetition which did much to discredit Valerie in the eyes of many viewers.  After all, the other woman is the last person to be saying these things.

But, for a moment, let’s consider WHY the writers may have carried forward this theme of having Valerie repeat these lines – starting when Lulu queried Valerie about the initial kiss (PCPD scenes on July 20) … to the loft conversations after the reveal and after Thanksgiving – to the roadside confrontation after the cabin fire.  And even in that Metro Court conversation with Oliva in December – a conversation which led Olivia to first broach with Lulu the idea of shared blame in the mess.   And let’s specifically consider Lulu’s dialogue in that locked hotel room on February 15 … and compare it to Valerie’s words at the loft on November 4:

Lulu:  February 15: “My parents were wrong to ask me to keep the truth from you.  You were my husband and I was supposed to TRUST you with everything I have – and when I went on that rescue mission, I didn’t.” 

Valerie – November 4:  ““You decided to TRUST Dillon over your own husband.”

Note the similar references to Lulu’s initial lie and to her breaking trust with Dante by running off with Dillon. 

Was Valerie being sacrificed even more by being made the writers’ TRUTH-TELLER in these situations?  Was she tasked with keeping alive themes that the writers planned to re-visit all along – with the key themes being a MUTUAL breakdown in trust by BOTH Dante and Lulu – and a SHARED blame in what happened in their marriage?  Was the plan to have both Dante and Lulu make mistakes which the other found grievous enough that they would end their marriage – in spite of the fact that they still loved and love each other?  So, again to go back to ulkis’ original statement, was all of this – including Valerie’s repeated dialogue about mutual mistakes - about being “an excuse to do a vow renewal”?

Was this always the end goal – a way to give a couple known derisively in some places as “paper-cuts” serious angst before an inevitable happy reunion after working through “problems” to make them “stronger”?  And was Valerie sacrificed by having drawn the short straw to be the truth teller to keep alive the themes on which to base this rebuild?

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 1

Basically everyone is a villain, but we're not supposed to actually see them that way. That's the main problem. You can't a) write a show with only villains and then b) expect the audience to love and root for them. One of those things would be bad enough, but the combo is just killing this show.

Even if they want us to sympathize with the current villains we have onscreen, they should at least have other more badder villains for us to enjoy. The storylines they currently have all lack some spice. 

• Love 4

I thought the Tracy/Dillon/Monica scenes, together and separate, were all good yesterday. RPW really is best with the older actors.

I hated the Carly crap yesterday, but really did love the look on her face when Jason said he wanted to come back and spend time with his family. When she realized her little speech didn't work, that Jason was actually going to do his own thing... it was a beautiful moment. He's not your little lap dog anymore, Carly. HEE !

I can't see this character ever being a corporate shark, or deciding to go back to medical school. I could see him being an EMT or something, for some reason, that seems to fit this version. Not exactly like Jason Q, but closer to him than the murdering thug Jason Morgan was.

The worst part of that conversation yesterday, is that Carly STILL thinks Jason Morgan was someone to be proud of. Yes, because shooting someone at close range and not getting blood spatter on you, does take some skill.

I ffwd Anna and Sonny. Even in FFwd mode, the sight of them conspiring made me ill.

With all the talk of Griffin possibly being Anna's kid, I can't help but look at him and make comparisons. He actually could totally pass for an offspring of Alan's. Okay, grandson most likely. I see a passing resemblance between him and a very young Stuart Damon.

• Love 3

The worst part of that conversation yesterday, is that Carly STILL thinks Jason Morgan was someone to be proud of. Yes, because shooting someone at close range and not getting blood spatter on you, does take some skill.

To Carly, Jason's biggest accomplishment was being her "best friend," aka doing whatever Carly wanted him to do.  

• Love 7

I could see him being an EMT or something, for some reason, that seems to fit this version. Not exactly like Jason Q, but closer to him than the murdering thug Jason Morgan was.

That's an interesting idea.  Jason or no, I've always thought an EMT character is a no-brainer for this show, someone still hospital/medical field-based, but who is also out in the field and could be part of the show's action elements too.

• Love 11

I wonder how long Jason's "I don't want to work for the mob" will last. I'm not holding my breath that Sonny won't lure him in again. If he's not with Sonny, he's against him in Sonny's mind.

Was this always the end goal – a way to give a couple known derisively in some places as “paper-cuts” serious angst before an inevitable happy reunion after working through “problems” to make them “stronger”?  And was Valerie sacrificed by having drawn the short straw to be the truth teller to keep alive the themes on which to base this rebuild?

Taking this to the Spencer thread.

Edited by dubbel zout

To Carly, Jason's biggest accomplishment was being her "best friend," aka doing whatever Carly wanted him to do.  

Yes, Jason almost always "validated" her insanity, and propped her ego, and came when she called. For people like Carly, that's friendship, because she doesn't have it in her to realize it's actually a co dependent mess. And I do think it's "co" dependent. Her version of Jason needed her to mess up, just as badly as she needed him to be there to clean it up. It was a sick, weird relationship. I won't say "is", because I think yesterday's scenes gave anvils that it won't be like that anymore.

That's an interesting idea.  Jason or no, I've always thought an EMT character is a no-brainer for this show, someone still hospital/medical field-based, but who is also out in the field and could be part of the show's action elements too.

Exactly, that's my thought as well.

• Love 1

I think....I um think I'm going to view the season finale of American Crime on Hulu and sob and feel uncomfortable feels rather than rage at Carly revise history or Anna say nice things about Sonny or ugh Valerie. I'll just feel these feels till I want to get angry and I'll um come back to GH. Yeah....

So, Monica and Jason tomorrow?

Are TPTB keep Billy Miller and Maurice Bernard apart on purpose? They seemed like total strangers yesterday and Miller has been on GH for a while now. Actually, i'm still trying to find out who nuJason is supposed to be with. Liz? Sam? Carly?. Billy Miller doesn't even seem that happy and he isn't looking like his spry self either. The walk down memory lane was all from Carly's POV. Some of it was revisionist history but I got the impression that Jason wants to be a Q again. The mansion needs him back for drama.

• Love 1

My husband was forced to watch 1/2 the show with me and said look there's Victor! I said that's Sonny and he said same difference. heh!

I knew ya'll would appreciate even a very novice occasional viewer can realize Sonny never loses.

He also thought Carly and Jason were going to have sex in a crypt and thought it was creepy the only way to include Q history was to have 1/2 the show in a crypt.

He also thought Carly and Jason were going to have sex in a crypt and thought it was creepy the only way to include Q history was to have 1/2 the show in a crypt.

Carly and Jason talking about Q history in the family crypt is quite appropriate considering most of them are buried there. Don't you like to be reminded of how Ron decided it would be a good idea to kill AJ again instead of having him build a strong relationship with Michael and become frenemies/fuck buddies with Carly again? Why do that when you can have Carly paired up with a motherfucking rancid piece of shit serial killer played by Soap Royalty Roger Howarth and have Sonny murder AJ- with an assist from Ava - and then see the two of them whine about how hard their lives are and then fuck in a crypt. Don't complain about the high quality tv being presented to us. This is excellence at its finest. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 8

Imagine the story possibilities if they didn't kill off AJ? They were always going to bring back Jason and yet TPTB felt no need to keep AJ on canvas. Really dumbass move IMO.

Imagine AJ/Jason/Michael together? Add in Ned. Now that would be resurrecting the Qs.

Edited by ch1
  • Love 12

I liked Laura's apology to Sam - certainly a better one than Nikolas has ever offered - and the two of them finally talking about Helena's curse.

Griffin being all, "I have to tell you the truth!" to Anna and then immediately being paged to the hospital was some pretty classic soap (stupidity).

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

This show is bound and determined to get me to hate some of my all-time favorite soap women.  First, Anna trots off to Sonny to give him the lowdown on a government operation, then tells him she respects him.  Now Laura is calling Hayden the floral equivalent of trailer trash.  Laura, this is the woman your son tried to have murdered.  Please to be remembering that.  Also, low, uncalled for blow.

Oh, and Sam, that attitude you gave Hayden at the door is the attitude you should be giving Nikolas.  I guess, by the pricking of her finger, Helena's curse commences!

Surprisingly, I enjoyed Dillon today.  Loved his verbal smackdown of Dr. Mays.  That's the most fire I've seen in Dillon since he's been on the show.  I also enjoyed what looked like it could be the start of a friendship between Dillon and Griffin.  The show needs more friends stuff.

Interesting music cues today.  I watch with the captions on, and with Andre and Anna, the lyrics played "destined to be" during a pause, and when Michael reached for his phone to call Sabrina, it said "still not over you."  Foreshadowing, or I'm reading a whole lot more into it than intended.

• Love 7

I wonder how long Jason's "I don't want to work for the mob" will last. I'm not holding my breath that Sonny won't lure him in again. If he's not with Sonny, he's against him in Sonny's mind.

Just until Sam and/or Danny is in "danger" from an evil mobster and Sonny "rescues" them, would be my guess.

• Love 1