Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Oh, if White Cole/Rafe had been around we'd have had a 5-minute love scene with his little twink titties out while Kristen Alderson warbled that one song they keep using. Meanwhile T.J. would be driving drunk and making someone miscarry with his car. (Lulu or Impossible Alexis.)

• Love 12

I think there's a chance Paul may be lying. Or maybe this is the world's quickest retcon, I dunno.

I had the gut feeling several times that Paul was lying, especially about being in a sting. But we only heard that much about his retcon since ME is rumored to be coming back as possibly mob-related. So maybe he will be a smaller potato than originally planned. I got suspicious when he "forgot" his crumpled picture of young Susan at Anna's; he probably hoped she would find it and recall the pathos of his story, which was all just too pat and neat. Several times during Paul's story I felt like a mouse searching for moving cheese in a maze.

The Davis girls and bride mom were soooo cheesy too. Diane's presence saved me from going into a diabetic coma from the sweetness overload.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2

He then inexplicably disappears from the canvas for months on end, and is never given any perspective in future stories.

And shows up again for his wedding to Jordan, their whole relationship unfolding off screen.....naturally.

• Love 5

You know it's true!

I won't allow this board to become a place where talking about #TwinkTitties is acceptable. Advocating for the murder of children? Perfectly fine. #TwinkTitties? Vulgar. I'm calling PR and Social Media Expert Nathan Varni to come handle you. 

• Love 14

I loved the scenes today with the Davis girls, who have always had the best family dynamic on this show. Seriously, I will never get bored when it's a scene of these four women all together. I thought Diane's inclusion too was nice. It reminded me of the 2009-2010 period where Alexis/Diane's friendship was more highlighted. I also liked the Jerome gathering, I thought all four Ava, Kiki, Julian, and Lucas bounced off of each other well, and were able to create a convincing family feel. 

The Paul stuff through me for a loop. I'm sure if Ron had stayed, this apparent retcon with Paul wouldn't exist, but I'll go along with it, because I don't like stereotypical evil, which is what Paul has been since he arrived. Only since this reveal has he even peaked my interest in the slightest. I feel like the writers might also want a Anna/Paul pairing to work in the future, so they're working backwards to make Paul look as innocent as they can, but I guess we'll see if his claims are actually true.

• Love 2

I really liked Lulu and Dante's scene it showed them as both working towards something. And Lulu did listen to Dante but still got kidnapped.

I did think she was a little bitchy to Olivia though.

I forgot to say how beautiful Diane looked yesterday and she was a hoot today.

I would have really loved the Davis family scenes except NLG was sooooo hammy with the crying are we sure she wasn't drunk?

The way Kristina has no boundaries talking about sex reminds me of someone molested as a child.

I really liked Sonny and Morgan even if Morgan was a little OTT. It was a nice touch when Sonny almost cried telling Morgan he couldn't live there anymore.

The Anna and Paul stuff while intense was so convoluted. Anna was calling him for murdering someone over a traumatic rape when she murdered someone over a dead mobster.....not to mention keeping Faison in a dungeon in Nik's stable for a year made it hard for me to feel sympathetic to what she was saying. I also don't know why they need to keep Sonny out of it. It was like Sonny runs this town and we don't want to mess that up??? Wouldn't this be a good way to catch him too?

• Love 3

I really liked Lulu and Dante's scene it showed them as both working towards something. And Lulu did listen to Dante but still got kidnapped.

I did think she was a little bitchy to Olivia though.

Olivia butts her nose into everyone's business, I think she deserved a bit of the bitchiness. But I think also they are close enough where Lulu can throw a little bitchiness her way and it is no big deal.

I forgot to say how beautiful Diane looked yesterday and she was a hoot today.

I would have really loved the Davis family scenes except NLG was sooooo hammy with the crying are we sure she wasn't drunk?

Ha, no, I think NLG saves her imbibing for twitter, she has always been hammy when crying for a while now. At least, fake comedy crying.

The way Kristina has no boundaries talking about sex reminds me of someone molested as a child.

She wasn't molested, but she was in an abusive relationship for a while where the guy hit her.

• Love 4

I feel like you guys are going to want to throw things at me, because this episode was basically like an ode to most of tvgoddess' favorite things: Ava and Ava/Julian, Davis Girls, Team Jerome with Lucas, brief Dante/Anna, Diane comic relief. There was a lot for me to love.

I know there was some ugly crap and I'll mention first what I didn't like: Where in the hell was Lucas' tribute to Tony? The description literally said, "Lucas pays homage to the legacy of his adoptive father". Is that not Tony? Kind of a slap in the face to pimp something and then just have it not be there, and it be a tribute to Julian instead. Yes, it was his wedding day, but don't get people excited for something that isn't going to happen. Either it was cut or some idiot specced wrong.

Meh, I'm over Paul so I don't care for his so-called redemption. I don't buy it. I'm getting a little tired of him.

Poor Lulu. Add another kidnapping / tied up by force to her resume.

While I still loathe Sonny with every fiber of my being (and have no love whatsoever for MB), I will say at least I don't have to look at that ugly carpet on his face anymore.

Morgan: "It's my body! I can do whatever I want with MY BODY!!"

Me: Nice to know that Morgan's finally come around on bodily autonomy considering he told Ava to have an abortion. Ass. Although BC was better today being more understated after this outburst. The stupidity though...More-gun makes a return.

Okay, now the good:

I'm kind of shocked by how much I didn't hate Kiki. I dare even liked her. As long as she's genuinely nice to Ava, and doesn't cave and take Morgan back, she can stick around. HE looked really pretty too. It was a great dress that Ava picked out for her.

The Ava/Julian teasing about his age and getting married was really cute, it very much seemed like Maura and Will. I love them together and will always enjoy their inappropriate and twisted dynamic, but also very much the honest family vibe between them.

My Coven! Davis Girls were great, although Kristina has really kind of turned into a little bitch since she has come back. And yet continues to worship her scumbag dad. She shouldn't have outed Molly like that, I don't have sisters but I thought Molly handled that really well. I liked the little touches like Sam going over to hug Molly and then comforting Alexis. The gifts were great, Molly organizing was very in character, and Diane was the perfect added touch. I still am not gaga over Julexis but they weren't too bad today. Sam/Molly will always be my favorite relationship out of those four, although I enjoy the others as well.

There were like 9 different scenes in the previews, wow.

• Love 7

I forgot to say I LOL when Kiki was confiding in her mother about Morgan cheating on her again. I kept waiting and was disappointed she didn't say well at least this time it wasn't with my mother. heh!

I LOL looking at Ava’s face -- Morgan’s available!

Edited by ihaterealitytv38
  • Love 3

Kristina has turned into such a brat.  She might want to watch her mouth since she has her own secrets to keep.

I loved Diane today.  NLG, on the other hand seems to have forgotten how to act.  And I used to really like her.

Sam's dress was lovely.  And Lauren was looking quite pretty as well.

I think all of the Paul stuff is the writers way of trying to do a reset.  Some parts are working, other parts not so much.

• Love 3

Kristina is insufferable.  And it doesn't help that the actress reads every line with a smug sneer on her face.  Why they felt the need to bring back this character, with this actress, is a bigger mystery than Duke suddenly turning into a fallen saint.

The Paul rewrite is hilarious.  Can't wait for the retcon of how he was actually only taking photos of Sonny with a gun-shaped camera when a second shooter, no doubt on a grassy knoll, fired the bullet.

• Love 11

Loved Sam's "I'm just keeping it real"

I forgot, I loved that line too. I also thought she looked fantastic.

Oh okay, I did see the part where Kristina was goading Molly about still being a virgin, but I didn't see the later part when Molly went to find TJ.

I mean, I know the actress who plays Molly is young, but leaving it completely off-screen?  Mobsters screwing IN A CRYPT okay, but a college-aged interracial couple making love after dating for years not okay?

I knew they were going to not show it and have it be off screen. I don't think it has anything to do with it being an interracial couple, I think it's more likely due to HP's age. I kind of didn't expect her to actually go through with it, but as long as she's happy with the decision and they were safe I'm fine with not showing it.

• Love 4

Kristina was always a brat/bitch especially with LA in the role. She didnt grow from that abusive relationship she just ended up becoming more obnoxious, pushy, and bratty. I remember two years of her screeching over being an adult and trying to make Ethan love her. And LA always smugged acted through most of her scenes.Four years off the show and she still has that bad habit.

I wish I gave a damn about Julexis but I cant stand either character and there's nothing sexy about them together. I wish they would both die in the next mob war.

Kiki's dress looked pretty today.

• Love 1

Kristina was always a brat/bitch especially with LA in the role. She didnt grow from that abusive relationship she just ended up becoming more obnoxious, pushy, and bratty. I remember two years of her screeching over being an adult and trying to make Ethan love her. And LA always smugged acted through most of her scenes.Four years off the show and she still has that bad habit.

I remember during LA's last run I sometimes used to complain that Krissy was selfish and self-centered, that she didn't care enough about her family but maybe the passage of time dulled my memory. It does seem like she's gotten even worse. Why is she so damn bitchy to Molly? It really makes me want to slap her.

Why didn't Alexis get the toy car joke? It was so obvi. The Davis girls (actresses) really do have chemistry. I'm so confused with the Paul storyline & the "writing revisions". I'm not sure if this was storyline all along or it was changed in the last month or two?! I'm guessing the Molly off screen sex was due to her age but then I remembered they sort of did it before on screen so I don't know what's up with that. Is the actor TJ not available full time? Finally, it was nice to see family time with Juliian, Kiki, Lucas & Ava. It was a nice change of pace.

Julian Jerome has never, ever been believable (for me) as a mob boss. He just seems like a nice guy who's Alexis's boyfriend and goes to the gym a lot. Seldom fierce and no nasty undercurrents, compared to Sonny or Paul.

Julian and Lucas's talk today where Lucas gave him a boyhood letter about his burgeoning sexuality also completely missed for me. It's very unlikely that teen-aged males would write letters to a complete stranger just to get their own confusing feelings about sex off their chests. Guys of that age are proving themselves in sports or adventures, especially dangerous ones. They're having a ball testing themselves in every way. And then Julian's response was so "meh," like he was taken aback but didn't want to hurt Lucas's feelings. The scene and the mood were so artificial. I wish they would give up the Lucas-Brad gay story and concentrate on a juicy bi-sexual one for Kristina, whose parent (Sonny) and chequered commitment history are more fertile fields for confused sexual identity.

The Paul rewrite is hilarious.  Can't wait for the retcon of how he was actually only taking photos of Sonny with a gun-shaped camera when a second shooter, no doubt on a grassy knoll, fired the bullet.

My memory is bad, Did we know for a fact that Paul was the shooter at the time or was it just implied?  I thought at the time that Miichael thought it was Carlos but that we the fans knew it wasn't because Carlos died in May, but if Carlos didn't die in May, is it possible that it was Carlos all along?  Or if no specific person was the shooter at the time, it wouldn't be that difficult now to retcon it to being Carlos.  

My memory is bad, Did we know for a fact that Paul was the shooter at the time or was it just implied? I thought at the time that Miichael thought it was Carlos but that we the fans knew it wasn't because Carlos died in May, but if Carlos didn't die in May, is it possible that it was Carlos all along? Or if no specific person was the shooter at the time, it wouldn't be that difficult now to retcon it to being Carlos.

More importantly, do we care? ;)

• Love 5

I thought she was soooo bad in that scene and thought she probably had a 12 martini lunch before shooting that scene.

I couldn't believe NO ONE told Kristina to shut the hell up.

• Love 6
I knew they were going to not show it and have it be off screen. I don't think it has anything to do with it being an interracial couple, I think it's more likely due to HP's age.

HP is 17, so that's probably the case. And that TR is likely not always available.

It's very unlikely that teen-aged males would write letters to a complete stranger just to get their own confusing feelings about sex off their chests. Guys of that age are proving themselves in sports or adventures, especially dangerous ones. They're having a ball testing themselves in every way.

I disagree. Not all teenage boys are the same. Lucas writing a letter to someone he doesn't know—and isn't sure he'll ever meet—is a decent way to work out his feelings, I think. It's a safe way to explore things. I'm more surprised he saved the letter after all these years.

As for Julian's reaction, I thought it was fine. As far as they've come, I feel like there's still a bit of hesitancy on Julian's part with Lucas, as though he's not sure things will last.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4

My memory is bad, Did we know for a fact that Paul was the shooter at the time or was it just implied?  I thought at the time that Miichael thought it was Carlos but that we the fans knew it wasn't because Carlos died in May, but if Carlos didn't die in May, is it possible that it was Carlos all along?  Or if no specific person was the shooter at the time, it wouldn't be that difficult now to retcon it to being Carlos.  

It was shown that Paul shot and killed Sloane with two slugs to the chest. It was also shown albeit, gloved hand, that Paul also shot Sonny at the warehouse when Sonny went to rescue TJ.

Edited by ihaterealitytv38
  • Love 1

The Davis girls scenes are weird for me. I love Sam in them always. KeMo just comes alive with them. And while I normally find Molly annoying I love her in those scenes. But Kristina is just 10 times worse with them imo. Same for Alexis. And NLG is normally just way too OTT in those scenes for me.

• Love 1

I can't believe Alexis, Sam & Molly let Kristina to go on & on & on with whatever she wants to say to anyone!?!?! She's in college (well, not really) and, she's acting like she's 12. Moly is acting like she's the mature one when dealing with Kristina. I will say I was surprised by the lack of on air time of her and TJ doing "it". It might have been a year or two ago when they actually showed them in the same room and they got caught before anything happened. Now, nothing was shown. I guess less is more? Very odd for a legacy character. Believe me I didn't want to see it but there was no real setup after the short blurb at Jake's or The Haunted Star when they were talking.

Believe me I didn't want to see it but there was no real setup after the short blurb at Jake's or The Haunted Star when they were talking.

Yea, I'm not really mad at them not showing anything, but Molly showing up at the Valentine's party and saying, "Let's have sex!" and then nothing for days and then Kristina just saying, "You had sex!" was really odd pacing. As usual though. TBH the pacing might be this show's biggest problem and that's really saying something considering everything about it is a problem.

• Love 7

HP is 17, so that's probably the case. And that TR is likely not always available.

They could've done a fade to black. This couple has been together for half a decade and the only time they had any story was when RC brought in Rafe and turned them into a quad. I'm not particularly invested in them (they don't get written for, so..) but it's still pretty shitty

• Love 1

Its official, this show has turned into the TV version of the circle jerk. Ava kills an unarmed Kate (I am not calling her Connie! That isn't her name. I have blocked out the D.I.D) and gets AJ killed but wait! Nina and her mother induces her labor, steals her baby, she nearly falls to her death and has cancer! So it is totally okay that Scott obstructs Kate's justice and Ava gets to walk free. Nina in turn is conned by Ric, who tries to gaslight so he and her mother can steal her money, lets she "suffers" even though she barely spends a month in a nut house for assault and kidnapping.  Dante has an affair with  Valerie because of a misunderstanding, but then Lulu hatches a plan that gets Valerie kidnapped and almost killed. Lulu is then kidnapped by random day player Raj. Sonny murders AJ , but he saves or "saves" a boat full of people from a bomb by Dark Luke, gets pardoned, but wait! If that isn't enough, he gets shot in the back saving TJ and is paralyzed! By Paul Hornsby who also murders Sloane (who didn't attack him so it makes it murder). But its okay because Paul is running a sting! Franco killed people, buts its tumor fault! And his evil crazy mother Heather keeps trying to kill Franco's girlfriends for ...reasons and helps out Liz's crazy middle child! Liz hides Jason's real identity for months, but her house is blown up and her son is hit by a car and had to go to Shriner's Hospital!  And so on and so forth.

• Love 8

I remember during LA's last run I sometimes used to complain that Krissy was selfish and self-centered, that she didn't care enough about her family but maybe the passage of time dulled my memory. It does seem like she's gotten even worse. Why is she so damn bitchy to Molly? It really makes me want to slap her.

Well, this is probably fanwanking, but I think Kristina is a bit jealous of Molly. She has a great long term boyfriend who didn't pressure her for sex, is smart and does well in school, and generally has it much more together than she does. I think she loves Molly but her jealousy gets the better of her sometimes.

I think the Kristina/Molly relationship is portrayed pretty well, I'm surprised. They feel a lot like sisters. The love and the competition is there. I liked how Kristina put her hands over Molly's eyes when Julian/Alexis were kissing.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8

Catching up on the last two days:

*As every single disgusted Liz fan predicted from the jump with this terrible Jakeson story, Liz suffers the brunt of the fallout while Nik skates merrily off, still happily balls-deep in HaydenRebeccaBudig. Typical. Now tell me again that the notion that the writers have no interest in keeping Liz fans watching the show is just crazy talk.

*Yeesh, poor Molly. Way to make that first time special for your kid sis, Kristina.

Fridays episode was actually O.K.

• Love 6

Well, this is probably fanwanking, but I think Kristina is a bit jealous of Molly. She has a great long term boyfriend who didn't pressure her for sex, is smart and does well in school, and generally has it much more together than she does. I think she loves Molly but her jealousy gets the better of her sometimes.

I think the Kristina/Molly relationship is portrayed pretty well, I'm surprised. They feel a lot like sisters. The love and the competition is there. I liked how Kristina put her hands over Molly's eyes when Julian/Alexis were kissing.

Great thoughts. I agree. But I kinda doubt the writers even think about the characterization this much tbh. Luckily for them it sorta works anyway.

• Love 5

If, as prof. Parker says, Kristina is so smart, why was she failing her classes?  Was she slacking off and partying?

I think I remember that Kristina told Sam that she was depressed after her boyfriend dumped her and stopped going to class and doing her work. Of course she could have been lying.

I liked yesterday's episode. The Davis girls are always my favorite. I do think Kristina is a little jealous that Molly at 18 seemingly has her life together while she's just floating along but her and Molly's relationship seems like typical sisters. Older Kristina mercilessly teases her little one. I just like Lexi in the role because of the family chemistry with Hayley, KeMo and NLG.

The Jerome family scenes were nice. I always love seeing Lucas. I kind of hate myself for enjoying his and Kiki's talk. I do hope she listens and doesn't take Morgan back.

Oh Olivia butting into someone's business? Shocking. Is she going to get her own storyline or is she just permanently an add-on to someone else's?

• Love 3

I don't think Olivia's ever had her own story, has she? She's always supporting someone else.

Olivia had a great storyline with Wall Kurth (Ned). Unfortunately, he was offered a contract with Days of our Lives and took. GH didn't counter offer with a contract. Shortly thereafter, he was taken off contract at Days and is free to do GH again but so far GH hasn't asked him back. Other than that, Olivia has been annoying character and I wouldn't mind if she exited stage right. I don't know if Lisa Locicero plays Olivia as annoying or if she's always been written & directed that way? Either way, she's annoying.

• Love 1

I don't know why, but I cracked up when Morgan had a temper tantrum after Sonny left the room, then went out into the foyer where Sonny was sitting there in the corner waiting for him like a little mole person.

I know; that was so odd. Sonny rolls out in self-righteousness only to be waiting for someone to open the front door for him. Heh.

Sonny sees Morgan going down that same road before he was diagnosed and nothing seems to get through to Morgan! I don’t see what so self-righteous about Sonny not wanting to witness Morgan’s BP episode. There is the right combination of medication to help his SON but Morgan’s an adult and Sonny can’t make Morgan see his therapist, take his meds or stop using alcohol!

Edited by thewhiteowl

Everyone in my house is sick, so there was a lot of hacking going on....So I didn't hear ALL of it...but Lucas talks about him briefly before he gives Julian a letter he wrote when he was a teen.   It wasn't really a "tribute" like the spoilers said, it was pretty much just a mention.  Bullshit.

I went back and watched again and caught the very brief allusion to Tony this time.  Whoever wrote that misleading spoiler blurb should definitely be fired.

As usual when it comes to Lucas and Julian's relationship, I'm torn.  I don't begrudge them a relationship and it was a nice enough moment with the usual familial chemistry between Ryan Carnes and William deVry.  But the premise of the letter just didn't work for me, maybe because it ignored what really happened when Lucas told Tony and Julian he was gay.  And why did it have to be about him being gay?  I feel like it having been about him finding out he was adopted, and working out those feelings in a letter to Julian AND Cheryl, would have been much more interesting.

Also, Lucas imploring Julian not to read the heartfelt letter until AFTER the campus-wide sweeps event we know is going to end in gun violence makes me a wee nervous.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3