Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Nina is the worst. I can't understand why more people on this board don't actively hate her.

Oh, I think it's safe to say a strong majority of people here hate Nina. She isn't called WE (-2) NEVER CARED for nothing!

Personally I've grown to almost like her tbh. I like the Crimson story, so sue me! 

But with that said, they should probably still ditch her.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

Nina is the worst. I can't understand why more people on this board don't actively hate her. The writers are trying to turn her into some sort of competent working woman yet MS continues to play her as a brain damaged child. I just can't forget that she forcibly ripped a fetus from a woman's womb and stole the baby. Now she's the toast of the town, running a magazine and acting like queen of the gala. The last thing I want to see is that gawky giraffe making a success of Crimson.

We actually had a rather thorough discussion about the exact number of people who actually did care about Nina, and set to on calling her "WE (-2) NEVER CARED".

I think Nina could work with the right actress, but I think Michelle is so awful that she is not even qualified to play "Villager # 3" in the Topeka, KS Community Theatre. That said, it definitely didnt help that she shared most of her scenes that first year opposite two equally awful actors. I think Michelle actually turned in a few decent performances when she worked opposite Maura and Robin last year.

ETA: Where is Heather? Because after a brief thought aboutit, I realized that Robin wrangled great performances from a lot of actors I either usually think can't act or can but at just nothing special.

And when is opposite someone who I think is 'special' like Fin, its just magic. I'd love to see Robin & Anders together. Heh, Frank should just put Fin, Tristan, Robin & Anders in a scene together, give them a general outline, and turn the camera on!

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 6

I didn't know Kimberly McCullough was pregnant. I'm glad she was able to come back to usher off Jason Thompson & bring Tristan Rogers along for the ride. I'm guessing they're still keeping Emma on GH, right? Although, I don't know how they are goi g to explain that both her parents are leaving their daughter behind. If that's the case, I think Emma is going to become heck on wheels if you catch my drift. It's nice to see Kristina back but I'm not sure if she is really needed. They have Molly and she doesn't do much as it is now.

I like Brook lynn, but I GH and soaps in general have lost better child actors than her in the past. She is just a kid it isn't like she is paying rent. If it makes no sense for Emma to stay behind if Patrick and Robin are off canvas but not killed off, then write her off. 

• Love 1

I'm guessing they're still keeping Emma on GH, right? Although, I don't know how they are goi g to explain that both her parents are leaving their daughter behind.

Which is a frankly ridiculous notion, given the full-on meltdown we saw Emma have, where she screamed that she wanted her Mommy. So the show is going to follow this up by having her lose both her mommy AND her daddy? That would just suck.

Hopefully she will exit with her parents. It's the only thing that makes sense.

• Love 2

Does anyone know old McCollough & Brooklyn were when they started GH? All kid actors on soaps are not created equal. I think Brooklyn is a cute kid and has grown in the role but she doesn't have the range that McCollough had at that age. It's the same for the boy who plays Spencer. He's wise beyond his years whereas the other boys on the show are just okay but aren't totally horrible.

I saw yesterday's full episode here;

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3i4es0_general-hospital-12-18-15-full-episode-hd-december-18-2015_tv

Be warned -- if you're a Scorpio or Scrubs fan, don't even bother to watch.  Their puny 4 or so scenes are spread out over 33 minutes of Liz's whining, Sam's lowtalk, Laura' 80s hair that needs its own zip code, Dr. O, Franco, Nina, Julian breathing, Christina and Molly acting like empty-headed freshman sorority sisters, Sonny moping, and Alexis's -- whatever the fuck it is that she does.

When Jason said he shot 10 episodes in 2 days, what he must have meant was that he shot 2 days' worth of content in 2 days, and it's being spread over 10 fucking episodes.

What a fucking waste.

What a shitty show.

• Love 5

Which is a frankly ridiculous notion, given the full-on meltdown we saw Emma have, where she screamed that she wanted her Mommy. So the show is going to follow this up by having her lose both her mommy AND her daddy? That would just suck.

Hopefully she will exit with her parents. It's the only thing that makes sense.

If I recall reading some recap right, JT at some recent event said Brooklyn/Emma would exit with Patrick/Scrubs (he was trying to be vague there, I guess) but would make occasional appearances while visiting Grandma Anna.

What a fucking waste.

What a shitty show.

Yup.

But....I never expected this show to care about an actor who quit to go to a rival soap and who Frank and Co. didn't care about when he was actually ON GH. That's why I've always had low expectations with this story. It's obvious it's the actors who wanted some type of ending together and not Frank or the writers who genuinely wanted it. They gave them what they seeked at the very last possible moment and called it a day.

• Love 5

Yup.

But....I never expected this show to care about an actor who quit to go to a rival soap and who Frank and Co. didn't care about when he was actually ON GH. That's why I've always had low expectations with this story. It's obvious it's the actors who wanted some type of ending together and not Frank or the writers who genuinely wanted it. They gave them what they seeked at the very last possible moment and called it a day.

The dialogue for the Scorpio/Scrubs scenes is so shitty, I swear it must have been an afterthought of the writers.

Like literally the dialogue writer was in the bathroom, and thought, "Shit! I forgot to write their 10 lines!" And proceeded to do so on toilet paper.

I just can't with this crap.

Puns all intended.

• Love 3

The dialogue for the Scorpio/Scrubs scenes is so shitty, I swear it must have been an afterthought of the writers.

Like literally the dialogue writer was in the bathroom, and thought, "Shit! I forgot to write their 10 lines!" And proceeded to do so on toilet paper.

I just can't with this crap.

Puns all intended.

LOL. It probably was written in legit 5 minutes. But I also think it has to do with them not wanting to spend so much time on the Jerry crap and just quickly get Patrick and Robin in the same room.

I'm just happy JT is soon free of this disaster. As it is a happy ending for Scrubs, probably one of the very last GH couples I loved, is just a bonus, even if the execution is as stinky as day-old dog shit.

But I guess I can't have everything. So I'll just be thankful, I guess, that Frank didn't have Scrubs and Emma all blown up during Mob War 4,089,756,132. It really is the little things at this point.

• Love 3

I'm just happy JT is soon free of this disaster. As it is a happy ending for Scrubs, probably one of the very last GH couples I loved, is just a bonus, even if the execution is as stinky as day-old dog shit.

But I guess I can't have everything. So I'll just be thankful, I guess, that Frank didn't have Scrubs and Emma all blown up during Mob War 4,089,756,132. It really is the little things at this point.

He could have easily decided to kill both off, kill one of them off, kept Robin a prisoner, have Patrick tell Sam that she's the love of his life and The Most Beautiful Woman Of All Women...so...yeah...

• Love 1

Weighing in on the last few shows yes Liz isn't being very nice to Sam but again I think she's just mad at being outed and lashing out. I'm not pleased with how she's treating Laura though, she needs to step back a few. I really liked the Franco/Liz scenes and I usually hate Franco. Perhaps RHo toned down a bit. I really hate the writing for Carly because she's actually right about most things these days and that is plain wrong to me, I hate this bitch why does she get to truth tell ?*sigh* 

Love seeing Robert again

Maxie's hair is atrocious

Less said about Nina the better

• Love 2

Why is Jerry even involved in this? He's not really all that important to this story so they could have just gotten one of Helena's dayplayer goons to hold Robin hostage. Why does he even care if Helena is resurrected or not? Are they supposed to be BFF now? This is so stupid. All of these cartoon villains need to be exterminated. 

• Love 6
I didn't know Kimberly McCullough was pregnant. I'm glad she was able to come back to usher off Jason Thompson & bring Tristan Rogers along for the ride.

Is this sarcasm because of the way they are dressing Kimberly or is she really pregnant?

Can't wait for her and JT, TR and FH to finally share some scenes together again but there better be at least a few days of begging for forgiveness from Patrick and Anna for writing her off.

Her reunion with Emma also better be epic.

Honestly, the Scorpio stuff isn't great but it's still light years better than the send-off TG got. I don't understand why TIIC keep sabotaging these opportunities to draw in lapsed viewers.

They've known JT was leaving for months and they actually bothered to advertise TR's guest stint. The show is better than it was when RC was fired but that's such a low fucking bar that it cannot be considered an accomplishment.

Go find Sri Rao or the writers from PP or at the very least a HW that wasn't just fuckin fired from another show for doing a shitty job.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

This show keeps calling my bluff. Every time I think it can't get worse, it sucker punches me with a "hell yeah it can!" and I get an episode like Friday's that just...it's so awful I can't even get all that worked up over it because I just expect it to be total fuckary at this point.

I was not expecting Laura to look as if she took a detour through the "Dynasty" set and was shellacked with 80s fashion and hair but...aside from that, the rest was predictably terrible or boring, or terribly boring or boringly terrible.

• Love 3

Can't wait for her and JT, TR and FH to finally share some scenes together again but there better be at least a few days of begging for forgiveness from Patrick and Anna for writing her off.

Her reunion with Emma also better be epic.

I've decided I'm going to lower my expectations even more. If Robin leaves off screen alive and not a prisoner, than I'm happy. I'll fanwank the ending I want.

• Love 6

The reason why Scorpio Espionage 2013 worked so well, was that Tristan returned for more than just two fucking days. And Kimberly had returned for six months; even if the first two months she wasn't in Port Charles; but we saw Robin hostage, and her attempts to escape.  Saw Robert wake from his coma and convince Anna that Robin was alive and he was going to go find her.

Here? Two days. Two Fucking Days to spread out over 10 episodes. Didn't Carlivati pull the same shit with Jack Wagner for the 50th?

My expectations were already low; I know it's going to be a what the fuck-rushed storyline. BUT, I get to see and hear my Tristan Rogers, who is, by far, at least to me, the sexiest man in Daytime. No one else has that charming and sexy smile and the twinkle in his eyes.

Not that I'm biased or anything.

• Love 6

Da fawq?!? Are Kim, Tristan, and Seb being paid by the minute, with Uncle Frank sitting on set with a stop-watch?!?

And who did Genie piss off in hair and wardrobe?

This 'gala' looks so pathetically cheap. Like with the Nurse's Ball, I think if you cant do the main event on whatever budget you have, then have it take place off screen and have all the action take place in hallway or outside, or in a closet.

• Love 2

Nina is the worst. I can't understand why more people on this board don't actively hate her. The writers are trying to turn her into some sort of competent working woman yet MS continues to play her as a brain damaged child. I just can't forget that she forcibly ripped a fetus from a woman's womb and stole the baby. Now she's the toast of the town, running a magazine and acting like queen of the gala. The last thing I want to see is that gawky giraffe making a success of Crimson.  

Oh trrust me, I do. Next to Sonny and Franco, I think she's the most vile character on the show. Of course, all three of those have hurt my favorite, but I'm not going to just forget about what she did and pretend that now she's just fine being around PC's high society. I wish torture and then a violent and painful death for her.

And as far as MSt's whispering girl-like mannerisms, I actually liked her better when she was all REPENT! REPENT! REPENT! I can't take her baby voice and her innocent act like she's freaking 20 instead of 50.

I haven't seen yesterday's episode yet, so my comments are about Thursday's show. And while I was excited to see Robert again and Anna and him teaming up to save their daughter and Patrick finally growing a brain, it just fell kind of flat for me. I blame that on the writing, of course.

There are not enough words for what a vile bitch Liz is.

I really liked seeing the Coven again. The family relationships that I most like to see on this show are the sibling ones (Sam/Kristina/Molly and Ava/Julian) and it was so nice having them together.

Any sympathy I had for Monica died the minute she thanked Carly. Nope, I'm done with her. She should have reamed her ass out so bad she couldn't sit down for a month. Just no.

I do think that everyone looked really nice at the gala aside from Maxie's hair (unfortunate) and then Laura's (WTF?!). The dresses were all really pretty, and LW was trashed on Twitter for her hair and dress but I think it was a great color and I actually liked her hair. And thank god that BH wasn't looking like her usual anorexic self.

• Love 5

LW is usually smoking hot but the hair & dress are totally DYNASTY. Which is ironic because LW is just playing that era in the movie JOY. I don't know if it's an inside joke but she looks so 80's & out of place. It makes her look even bigger than she already is compared to the minions the show already has in Herbst, Rylan, Storms, Monaco & Pullos.

I thought Carly's dress was a total fail. The color was great for LW, but the dress was just blech. I also thought Nina looked ridiculous in that backless monstrosity. I said when I first saw some of the dresses during the GMA interview that I didn't like them and sadly, seeing them on the actresses didn't change my opinion. I did like Monica's dress though I could have done without her thanking Carly for bringin Jason.

• Love 1

I don't hate Nina because I don't care about her. She's a complete non-factor to me, just like Franco and Julian.

I hate Ava because they keep trying to make her happen. And, frankly, I don't really care about what Nina did to her because Ava was nothing but a murderinf coward before that and she's done nothing to change my opinion of that. The baby was fine. Maybe if the baby hadn't been fine, I'd hate Nina instead of not caring.

• Love 1

I can't believe Monica was actually allowed to show up at the ball, instead of them giving a lame excuse for her absence.  There are also plenty of other people to drool over Jason's presence, so I'm surprised L.C. was allowed to participate.

• Love 2

Here's a thought.  Bring back Brenda and throw her in Jason's face.  Let him remember their high school years.  Burton had more chemistry with Vanessa Marcel than he had with anyone else.  Let's see if that is true with Marcell and Miller.  I am sure not seeing any chemistry with Miller and the little pocket venus who plays Sam. In fact, the actress is one of the major reasons I hate this resurrected Jason storyline. 

When is Helena's curse on Sam going to kick in?  Guess we will have to be prepared for more crying and weeping and blubbering from Sam.  Damn, just what I do not want.  Thankfully I record the show to watch at night.  I can FF through those scenes I find deplorably boring -- like Sam Morgan scenes.  Might as well add Franco and Nina to that list of FF characters.  I tend to do that to all of Sonny's scenes.  I am down to being able to watch an entire episode in 20 minutes or less.

• Love 1

It looks like Laura might get some blowback thanks to Liz

There is no need for any one to yell and scream at Laura, there is a much more efficient and devastating way to give her her due for her part in this.. Either Tracy or Monica needs to walk up to her and say one simple line, no more no less "Lila always loved you. She would be disappointed in what you have done." and then walk out as Laura crumbles to the floor sobbing.

In soaps as in life sometimes less is more  

• Love 2

I don't think Lila even needs to be mentioned. Laura is capable of empathy. She and Lucky were estranged when Lucky "died" - she's perfectly capable of understanding how Monica would feel when forced to endure an extra 7 months of mourning

It looks like Laura might get some blowback thanks to Liz

Jason already knows that Laura was in on it. Liz isn't telling him anything new.

Also, if Laura gets yelled at, its because of her, not Liz. Laura is a grown woman, and responsible for her own choices. She could have told this secret a long time ago.

• Love 1

There is no need for any one to yell and scream at Laura, there is a much more efficient and devastating way to give her her due for her part in this.. Either Tracy or Monica needs to walk up to her and say one simple line,

Laura could simply say she's sorry, but she just couldn't put her feelings of love and loyalty to her son aside despite disagreeing with his terrible choice(s) - and Monica should be able to understand considering she was loyalty to her son, Jason, despite Monica's awareness that he's killed God knows how many people over the years. Lila, while sweet, was an enabler who lived in denial. 

• Love 7

I can't imagine I'm sorry would have been enough for Laura if it had been Lucky - and Laura had two other living children while Monica believed all 4 of her children had been murdered

Laura does owe her an apology and Monica deserves to light into her for discounting years of friendship, ignoring basic principles of empathy and participating in such a cruel lie

But she wasn't allowed to say shit about AJ so this will probably play out the same way

I'd love to see Tracy take up the cudgels on Monica's behalf though.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

First, Laura knows it was wrong to keep the secret. Even when Liz brought up how Monica grieving for Jason wasn't the same, Laura slammed her hand down and told her, that she Liz, as a mother, should understand that Monica deserved to know.

That's when Liz brought up that Nik maybe, ordered the hit on Hayden. And even though she didn't want to believe it, and even though (as I posted earlier back then) that the secret behind Laura leaving Nik behind had been resolved years ago, Nik still brought that up as a way for Laura to keep quiet. And so she did. But she kept telling them to come clean, that it would blow up in their faces, and it has.

There's no reason for Laura to be called on the carpet for this. Bottom line, each and every one of these women, would say, I did it for the love of my son excuse. Monica kept quiet all those years about Jason's criminal activity so that she could still get the crumbs; Laura stayed quiet because of Nik.  And Tracy has no say. It's not like she loved Jason. She didn't. Even when Alan was alive and both AJ was alive and before Jason's "death", she didn't have a single good thing to say about either of them.

The only person who "lost" during the past seven months, I guess, would be Danny. But who is to say that if Jason had been told who he was, and still not having his memory back, would have done anything to get to know Danny as his son, if he didn't remember him?

Thing is, nothing is going to happen. The whole story and reveal fell flat. And since Liz isn't being tarred and feathered in public, locked up by those things they used back in the 17th century, looking for the others who knew about Jason's identity and being reamed is nonsensical. It is what it is and played out like it did.

• Love 8

Jason already knows that Laura was in on it. Liz isn't telling him anything new.

Also, if Laura gets yelled at, its because of her, not Liz. Laura is a grown woman, and responsible for her own choices. She could have told this secret a long time ago.

When did Jason find out that Laura was helping Lizard Liez?

It's generally frowned upon to emotionally manipulate/play on someone's sympathies in order to get them to keep a secret for you, then sell them out once your lies have been exposed. Also, Laura is a grown woman but so is Lizard Liez, but that's not stopping her from throwing tantrums like a spoiled stupid brat and blaming everyone in the vicinity, including one of her victims, for why her life is a mess. 

• Love 6

I can't imagine I'm sorry would have been enough for Laura if it had been Lucky - and Laura had two other living children while Monica believed all 4 of her children had been murdered

Laura does owe her an apology and Monica deserves to light into her for discounting years of friendship, ignoring basic principles of empathy and participating in such a cruel lie

Lucky was an innocent teen-ager when he "died." I forgot Monica had a 4th kid, but Monica's kids getting murdered while Laura has living children is beside the point in my opinion. Jason got shot, kicked into the harbor  and was presumed dead because of his work as a criminal, Emily was murdered by someone seeking revenge on Jason, and the Jason-Carly-Sonny trio of horror's mindset against AJ 'the loser who doesn't deserve Michael'  is why Sonny eventually killed AJ. 

I know Laura and Monica have been friendly-ish because Emily and Lucky became friends when they were kids and Emily later married Nikolas, but I don't remember L&M being actual friends. Laura was busy w/the Ward House and had a close friendship with Mae Mae when Lucky was a kid.  Plus there was the awkward history that Monica had an affair with Rick, husband of Lesley (Laura's mom). I know it's been mentioned quite a few times that Monica at first thought baby AJ was Rick's. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 1

When did Jason find out that Laura was helping Lizard Liez?

Prior to Jason confronting Liz, Sam told him that Jake knew Liz and Laura had a secret about "Daddy", and that Laura did not approve/was upset. She found out there was a secret because she overheard Jake tell Danny on Thanksgiving at the Qs.

So, if Jason had been a better person - Monica's mourning would get to count?

The "Jason was a shitty criminal arguments" (while true!) don't really work when the lie was designed so Liz could keep said shitty criminal to herself

• Love 8
Nik still brought that up as a way for Laura to keep quiet. And so she did.

Ugh, it still really annoys me that not only did Nik bring up Laura leaving him on Casssadine Island, but she allowed herself to be emotionally blackmailed and manipulated by it.

At least he wasn't fat.

• Love 7

The "Jason was a shitty criminal arguments" (while true!) don't really work when the lie was designed so Liz could keep said shitty criminal to herself

No. What I'm saying, and said badly, is that if the roles were reversed, Monica would do the same thing. That if Jason had asked her to stay quiet about something, say, about Nik, she would have.

And really, I don't recall so much up in arms years ago, when Mary knew about Nik not being her dead hubby Connor and keeping that to herself and not being reamed publicly. Then again, I guess because she wasn't a regular cast member?

And that Laura is not the villain, or another villain in this ridonkulous storyline.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2

Oracle42: No. This started out with Nikolas, who (months down the road) used Liz's "happiness" as an additional excuse to keep lying, for his own benefit. It was Nikolas, not Liz, who acknowledged the truth to Laura (in private, at Wyndemere) and then used emotional blackmail to get her to keep her mouth shut.

• Love 1

This started out with Nikolas, who (months down the road) used Liz's "happiness" as an additional excuse to keep lying, for his own benefit. It was Nikolas, not Liz, who acknowledged the truth to Laura (in private, at Wyndemere) and then used emotional blackmail to get her to keep her mouth shut.

Lizard Liez then hypothesized/hinted/suggested to Laura that Nik put a hit on Hayden and that if the truth came out he could face criminal charges. Lizard Liez might have been concerned about Nik going to prison but she also had her own reasons for wanting Laura to keep quiet. 

• Love 5

No. What I'm saying, and said badly, is that if the roles were reversed, Monica would do the same thing. That if Jason had asked her to day quiet about something, say, about Nik, she would have.

And really, I don't recall so much up in arms years ago, when Mary knew about Nik not being her dead hubby Connor and keeping that to herself and not being reamed publicly. Then again, I guess because she wasn't a regular cast member?

And that Laura is not the villain, or another villain in this ridonkulous storyline.

If Monica had done the same thing to Laura for Jason, I'd be just as indignant on Laura's behalf. But that's not what this particular story is about.

I think the lack of indignation over Mary might've had more to do with the general loathing for Umily/Nem :P

But it really isn't about Laura as a "villain". It's Laura as a character with history and relationships and story beats that should be played out given that history

• Love 4

But it really isn't about Laura as a "villain". It's Laura as a character with history and relationships and story beats that should be played out given that history

What is this history you speak of? What writing regime has honored the history of this show or its characters? Certainly not this one, or Carlivati. 

• Love 2