Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

No, Paul was an ok guy. He was being forced into things by Faison and the rest of the cartel in the cartel story. But he was basically a nice guy.

Well, he was BETRAYED by his wimmens (Jenny) so as per GH guidelines, it's all her fault he turned The Evul.

• Love 7
Are we supposed to be worried Liz will do something to Sonny? Did I miss something? As in, did I miss Liz doing something nefarious to Sonny that we're supposed to be worried? Why is she just standing there shooting him the crazy eyes?

I'm already on record as a Liz fan, but if she did something nefarious to Sonny, I'll love her even more.  We may as well get some good out of the trashing the show is doing of her character.  If she offs Sonny, then, when Cujo starts sputtering about "you killed Sonny!" Liz just calmly takes her ass out, too, I'll nominate her for sainthood. 

• Love 11

"How could you, how could you, let let" [insert maniacal hand jabs] "let my dad's, my dad's, brain, how could you let it EXPLODE" [kicks the air]

I don't know what's more amazing, how hilarious that is or that I can actually see and hear BC doing all of that and then some while the entire set falls down around him and all the other actors go ducking for cover.

This show keeps playing around with Sonny almost dying and I don't appreciate it. I need someone to pick up Carly and beat him to death with her, which hopefully will kill her as well or at least put her into a coma.

Sloane is dead! It's a happy day to see at least one of those useless wastes of space kick the bucket. Just two thirds of the town left to go. 

As someone trying my darnedest to not write Sam off I really need her to stop talking. Last year. And Jake/Jason needs a shower and a barber's chair to sit in after. Why didn't the blind Chinese grandma mention that to them, something of actual importance.

"Why is this boy so greasy and unkempt? Doesn't he own a mirror? He is in public!"

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 6

Oh, I do.

I find the fact that she can do things as heinous as Sonny, or more so-and get away with it, yet be cheered on, while people call for Sonny to die-to be odd, to put it politely.

Especially since she's just as much as fault for AJ's death as Sonny, as far as I'm concerned.

But yeah, I already ffwd her because I don't find her the least bit rootable or interesting. I'm glad you have something you watch for.

I wish I knew what that felt like.

I really cannot stand MW hated her ATWTs and she is evil. But she is not as much at fault for A"J's death as Sonny. He pulled the trigger. She told him to but, if she told him to jump off a bridge would she be at fault for that ? Sonny killed AJ because he wanted to. Same with Ava killing Connie. There is no good guys on this show . Even Anna. Everyone has a secret, everyone has killed in cold blood. The police are the keystone cops, and I don't even miss it. Sonny is winning again. Wake me when its over.

I get it loud and clear that you hate Alexis, but this is victim blaming as Kristina was a scared, battered teenager. She is NOT comparable to her mother or a boy who beats on a weaker person. She didn't want Sonny to have Kiefer killed, so she lied. She figured Ethan would be safe because of Sonny's so-called code/friendship with Luke. I think she made poor choices because her feelings were hurt and psyche twisted from the rejection of Ethan, being in an abusive relationship with Kiefer, and the inherent mess of being Sonny's girl child.

I like Lexi .I felt for her, but I also liked Ethan and I actually liked them together. I was rooting for them. I understand her terror of her father, to bad Keifer didn't. It made no sense for a boy knowing the girl he was dating was a mob princess ,and beating her. Alexis killed him. She ran him down and left him there. She is a lawyer and she knew the consaquences.She like the rxst of the show never payed for it. I hate Alexis because when it suits her, she uses her law degree to get away with everything. She knew the papers AJ signed were signed under duress, and she filed them anyway. Then she kept Krissy away from the same man. Just like Jason , when he had a son, he wanted the world to think he was Lucky's .Your right I do hate Alexis and Sonny. Maybe that's why I don't watch the show.

I really cannot stand MW hated her ATWTs and she is evil. But she is not as much at fault for A"J's death as Sonny. He pulled the trigger. She told him to but, if she told him to jump off a bridge would she be at fault for that ? Sonny killed AJ because he wanted to. Same with Ava killing Connie. There is no good guys on this show . Even Anna. Everyone has a secret, everyone has killed in cold blood. The police are the keystone cops, and I don't even miss it. Sonny is winning again. Wake me when its over.

It's not as simple as "she told him to."  She killed Connie and let AJ take the fall for it.  While Sonny has always hated AJ, what pushed him to become over the top in his desire to kill him at that time was his belief that AJ killed Connie.  Her urging Sonny to kill him was her desperate attempt to keep the truth from coming out.  So, yeah, Sonny pulled the trigger, but Ava put the whole sequence of events into motion when she killed Connie. 

• Love 5

Here's a better thought.  Why not destroy all the evidence, especially of a crime you personally didn't commit, and then shut the hell up about it.

Amateurs.

In this case, he was an ass who wanted to screw over Anna at the same time.

• Love 2

There is actually recent story of a teenage girl that convinced her boyfriend to commit suicide. They have indicted her for it, so it is possible that encouraging someone to kill is a crime. 

It's not as simple as "she told him to."  She killed Connie and let AJ take the fall for it.  While Sonny has always hated AJ, what pushed him to become over the top in his desire to kill him at that time was his belief that AJ killed Connie.  Her urging Sonny to kill him was her desperate attempt to keep the truth from coming out.  So, yeah, Sonny pulled the trigger, but Ava put the whole sequence of events into motion when she killed Connie. 

THIS. She stood there and egged Sonny on to shoot, knowing SHE killed Connie.

• Love 3
This show keeps playing around with Sonny almost dying and I don't appreciate it.

I KNOW. It's so irritating. Sonny is the male lead. He's not going to die. They won't even make him an invalid for any significant period of time, so I don't know why we have to suffer through this baloney.

She stood there and egged Sonny on to shoot, knowing SHE killed Connie.

Sonny is still the one who pulled the trigger. I know AJ was fat, and that automatically made him the only possible suspect, but I can't let Sonny off the hook just because Ava took advantage of the rampant stupidity in Port Charles surrounding the investigation into Connie's murder. Plus, it's not as if Sonny hasn't wanted to kill AJ forever. Ava's urging gave him exactly the excuse he'd been looking for. So much for his promise to Michael not to hurt AJ. Sonny's infantile lack of impulse control will always win out.

• Love 8

I doesn't bother me that Michael is going back "Corinthos". If Stupid Little Shit vs.1 is going to meet with the 5 mob families, better that he dirties up an already dirty name than further drag "Quartermaine" through the mud, like Jason did with Lila's maiden name Morgan. They might have been a family of petty assholes, but they didn't want to be criminals.

Up until Connie, as much as he wanted to kill AJ, he couldn't. Even his very limber code wouldn't allow him to, because as Paul said, Aj was "a harmless drunk", even when he rammed Jason's head into a tree (even though, much like the advice of not running from a bear, one shouldn't get into a car with a drunk). AJ kidnapping Sonny's children (that Sonny couldn't protect, despite his claims to the contrary) was one of those times, which is why Monica spirited him out of the country. AJ being responsible for Connie's death gave him his "reason" to take justice into his own hands.

• Love 2

LOL at Patrick's brushoff of Sam at GH.

What was the point of that tiny scene? It's not like he was rude. It was just a "Gotta go into surgery!" moment. But why did Sam look sad/hurt/upset about it? Did she need to tell one last Jason story to Patrick before the cleanse is complete? So odd.

• Love 7

Sonny is still the one who pulled the trigger. I know AJ was fat, and that automatically made him the only possible suspect, but I can't let Sonny off the hook just because Ava took advantage of the rampant stupidity in Port Charles surrounding the investigation into Connie's murder. Plus, it's not as if Sonny hasn't wanted to kill AJ forever. Ava's urging gave him exactly the excuse he'd been looking for. So much for his promise to Michael not to hurt AJ. Sonny's infantile lack of impulse control will always win out.

He's even said multiple times that he's glad AJ is dead, he just regrets breaking his promise to Michael.  Ava certainly had a large hand in what happened to AJ, but at the end of the day it was the Moobster that killed him.

Edited by Lexx
  • Love 5

I KNOW. It's so irritating. Sonny is the male lead. He's not going to die. They won't even make him an invalid for any significant period of time, so I don't know why we have to suffer through this baloney.

I'm not letting Sonny off the hook even a little bit.  He was happy he finally had a "reason" to kill AJ.  But I can't ignore Ava's rather prominent role in the whole thing.  She started up that train, and Sonny couldn't wait to jump on board. They're both assholes. 

• Love 8

There is actually recent story of a teenage girl that convinced her boyfriend to commit suicide. They have indicted her for it, so it is possible that encouraging someone to kill is a crime.

That boy was all messed up and wanted to kill himself. When he decided not to . She told him to go back and finish it. Morally she was guilty, but in the law I don't think she can be found guilty of murder. She should but I don't think so. She must be a real piece of work, knowing someone is so hurting in himself to tell him to do it, She didn't actually help him do it. What goes around, comes around she will get hers someday. By not telling someone what he was planning to do, that makes her a sicko .

Edited by testardo

That was two bullets, Paul, but I'll let it slide.

I don't know if anyone remembers, but a long time ago I ranted about how all of the male "S" characters suck and need to be taken out. Since that time - Shawn, Silas and now Sloane have left. Although Sonny still haunts us, at least he was temporarily silenced, which is about all you can hope for with him. And Spencer is mercifully offscreen. So, I think my work there is almost done. Next letter? M. I would so love to get rid of Morgan and Michael.

Hayden and Nik have been emotionally bonding on Twitter, I see. But it's all going according to my plan so far.

Inappropriate sibling chem for the win. Why is there more chemistry with Julian and Ava than Julian and Alexis?

Shut up, Snarls. No one cares.

I cannot with the noodles and the Sam's good people. You officiated her ceremony four years ago. How do you know what she's like? I mean yeah, I do actually think he's right, but it's not like this guy even knows anything about her except that she married Jason and was into inanimate objects.

• Love 4

That was two bullets, Paul, but I'll let it slide.

I don't know if anyone remembers, but a long time ago I ranted about how all of the male "S" characters suck and need to be taken out. Since that time - Shawn, Silas and now Sloane have left. Although Sonny still haunts us, at least he was temporarily silenced, which is about all you can hope for with him. And Spencer is mercifully offscreen. So, I think my work there is almost done. Next letter? M. I would so love to get rid of Morgan and Michael.

Hayden and Nik have been emotionally bonding on Twitter, I see. But it's all going according to my plan so far.

Inappropriate sibling chem for the win. Why is there more chemistry with Julian and Ava than Julian and Alexis?

Shut up, Snarls. No one cares.

I cannot with the noodles and the Sam's good people. You officiated her ceremony four years ago. How do you know what she's like? I mean yeah, I do actually think he's right, but it's not like this guy even knows anything about her except that she married Jason and was into inanimate objects.

Michael can also come under the S for stupid little shit !keep going.

• Love 1

It's not an episode of GH unless we're reminded how good Sam, Jakeson and Patrick are. Oh, and they all deserve happiness! No, double happiness! I hope they're OK with a threesome because that's the only way everyone will be happy, right?

• Love 1

Ava is as evil as Sonny is and should be held to the same set of standards as he is when people (such as me) are constantly rooting for him to die or lose in some kind of meaningful way.

Ava murdered Connie in cold blood, she used Avery to buy herself some time to weasel out of her just desserts, and she is JUST as responsible for AJ's murder as Sonny is.

• Love 6

Apart from Paul terminating Sloane, all I really remember of today's episode is Sonny's embolism (still holding on for paralysis, show) and Nikolas wearing a paper bib.  Okay, and Ava's red dress.  The show actually didn't piss me off today, so I'm calling that a pass.

And, the mob continues to grow. It's too bad that smart Tracey will be duped again. I like Richard Burgi a lot but I just wish he wasn't a mob character. He could be a smart lawyer/business man with layers without having to be in the mob.

• Love 3

And, the mob continues to grow. It's too bad that smart Tracey will be duped again. I like Richard Burgi a lot but I just wish he wasn't a mob character. He could be a smart lawyer/business man with layers without having to be in the mob.

A character that is kind off shady but isn't a fucking murderer and/or mobster? But that could take the shine of Sonny and Jason! God forbid Paul use his power for good and help Tracy take back ELQ without killing anyone.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 5

THIS. She stood there and egged Sonny on to shoot, knowing SHE killed Connie.

What about when Sonny went to the hospital in AJ's room telling him to die telling him he wasn't sorry and he would do it again. Saying he always wanted to kill him. AJ in A COMA. YEA sonny THE SAINT.

• Love 5

Am I wrong for wanting Sonny to die and his children go to war over who will take over the gummie bear mafia.

Wanting Sonny to die is never, ever wrong.  I wouldn't be super thrilled with an "everyone wants to be a mobster" follow up, but I can forgive just about anything if it's preceded by "Sonny dies." 

• Love 8

A character that is kind off shady but isn't a fucking murderer and/or mobster? But that could take the shine of Sonny and Jason! God forbid Paul use his power for good and help Tracy take back ELQ without killing anyone.

IA why does everything have to be connected to the mob.Remeber when the show just had schemers.Remeber lucy and scottys schemes back in the day?

I feel like dropping the ELQ story was an bad descion.

Edited by Harmony233
  • Love 5

Seriously, I am a JaSam shipper and even I thought they were forced as fuck. But again, what.was.the.point???? Jake didn't remember anything new....so Sam decides she is ready to move on because hearing the vows made her realize that if Jason WAS alive nothing would stop him from coming home to her? Which is all well and good, except SHE SAID THE SAME thing months ago when Jake was recovering from surgery. Listen, writers. We are not as stupid as the characters you write for. Yes, we are insane and have a slightly higher than is normal attachment to a tv show, but WE ARENT DUMB. We remember things. And unless Jake pocketed those figurines, there was no point to any of that shit from the past 2 days. None.

Let it be remembered that if one is a fan of the character/couple and one is not "dumb" these kind of rampant stupidity hurts even more than if one hates the character/couple with the fire of a thousand nuns. (TM someone at TWOP.) The trinket shit gives me more reason to hate on Jason so it's semi-enjoyable. If I actually shipped JaSam it would be unendurable. "Here's your couple back, fans! Watch them fondle a tacky trinket for hours! Fun, right?"

• Love 3

I think it's Oct 5

I can tell that none of this material is Ron's. There's been no campiness. No Spencer. No Dr. O. And tons of "romance" and "family," except with all the wrong characters.

Why do I picture the writers perpetually saying their material is something later.

"Oh, did I say October 5? I meant the 15th?  Yeah, NOT. RESPONSIBLE. FOR. WHAT'S. AIRING. NOW!"

"Sorry, when I meant Oct. 15, I really meant Nov. 5. Don't judge us until November, people!"

"Well, we never did say it was 2015.  There was a lot of block pre-taping ..."

etc., etc.

I mean, would you want your name attached to the writing on this show?

• Love 3

I find the fact that she can do things as heinous as Sonny, or more so-and get away with it, yet be cheered on, while people call for Sonny to die-to be odd, to put it politely.

For me it's a couple of things. Sonny has been a disgusting pos that we'll all supposed to love and treat like a hero for like 20 years or something. Ava's only been around for like 2. Plus the whole thing where we're supposed to love Sonny and think of him as a hero. I don't think the writing is trying to make me love Ava or see her as a hero at all.

I'm already on record as a Liz fan, but if she did something nefarious to Sonny, I'll love her even more.  We may as well get some good out of the trashing the show is doing of her character.  If she offs Sonny, then, when Cujo starts sputtering about "you killed Sonny!" Liz just calmly takes her ass out, too, I'll nominate her for sainthood. 

I hate Liz, but if she did something to Sonny I would love her. I'm that easy. Pretty much the #1 reason why I love Paul is that he shot Sonny lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 13

I hate Liz, but if she did something to Sonny I would love her.

Maybe she got spooked that he wouldn't shut up about Jakeson being Jason and she slipped a little something into his IV. Perhaps the only way for Liz to keep Jakeson is to become a serial killer and off anyone who gets close to the secret. 

As much as I hate, hate, hate what this story has done to Liz, if she takes a few mob bodies with her as she goes over the cliff, I'll happily deal. 

A few weeks in Ferncliff and she's back to nursing full time. (Mah luv for Jason made me do it! would be a totally justifiable defense in Port Charles courts).

• Love 8

For me it's a couple of things. Sonny has been a disgusting pos that we'll all supposed to love and treat like a hero for like 20 years or something. Ava's only been around for like 2. Plus the whole thing where we're supposed to love Sonny and think of him as a hero. I don't think the writing is trying to make me love Ava or see her as a hero at all.

I hate Liz, but if she did something to Sonny I would love her. I'm that easy. Pretty much the #1 reason why I love Paul is that he shot Sonny lol.

Don't forget to love Faison he shot Jason. Then polluted the harbor with his body.

• Love 4

Meh. She'll get pardoned after she rescues the Governor's daughter from a bomb on a boat.

• Love 4

And let's not forget he's currently watching Avery.  He probably would have spiked her like a football.

In other news, my bigger problem with the Paul story is that we just.  Saw.  This.  The Omega Big Bad hiding in plain sight as a "good guy".  With Julian, when everyone thought he was Derek Wells.  And with Fluke.  It's beyond boring.

And there's probably an Ur-Baddie who Paul reports to. Speculation is that it's someone on the canvas, and the new writing team/TPTB are absconding from having any more Back-from-The-Dead Past Characters (so, no Scarface Lily), but if Ur-Baddie turns out to be Sah-BREEEEEEEEE-nah, it'll be worth it.

Eh? Granted, I'm on the Barge, and 'tis a lovely view from where I sit, sipping Mimosas, Amaretto Sours, Nuts n' Berries, but I thought some goon shot the midgety moobster? And that it's

Sloane

that Paul shot? Or did someone shoot the midgety-he-wishes-in-his-DREAMS/FANTASIES-that-he's-anything-like-Vito-or-Michael-Corleone-moobster? again? And it was Paul?

Don't mind me, I'm just veggin' here...

That said, I think that comment was more about Ava specifically than single moms in general. I will not be surprised if Michael turns out to be generally misogynisitic, though.

Micheal's comment was not misogynistic.  Sexist is a more accurate word, but not misogynist.  I'm not sure people understand the difference between the two, but it's a big difference.  Michael does not, nor has he ever, hated women. 

Personally I find his reverting back to type, as in the little mini gangster kid who was raised by two incredibly narcissistic assholes, as being anything but adult frankly.

I don't agree at all.  He's not a mini gangster nor a kid.  I know you hate the character of Michael, as you've stated many times, so it's hard for me to view your comments through anything except that prism.  I don't agree with any point you made.  It makes sense to me, from a character standpoint, that Michael would be comfortable in that world because he was raised in it.  It's also in character for him to want to protect his family.  That's always Michael's first instinct.  Also, Michael made it very clear to Morgan that he didn't want in the mob, and he was only going to the sit-down as a one-time-thing, and he was doing it to keep the peace and keep a lid on things. He accomplished that fact.  I also don't agree that Ava was just telling the truth.  She was trying to needle him and unsettle him, and it didn't work.  Michael told the truth about her too, being sloppy in how she handles business and being an idiot at times.  It was also done to rattle her.  They both gave as good as they got, and I enjoyed that dance back and forth.  If you didn't because you don't like the character, that's fine.  I loved all of it.

In fact I will go so far as to state that, to me, at this point the mob and all things to do with it on this show are so infantile and juvenile it's embarrassing for all those forced to be involved. I'll even include Maurice in that, begrudgingly.

Again, I don't agree.  I have always enjoyed the mob element in GH.  It's what has made it a different soap.  That being said, however, I didn't like how Guza made the show focus only on Sonny, Jason, and Carly and killed off the Quartermaines.  I think if the show settles more on the business side of the mob (and less shoot outs and hits) and also starts opening up the Quartermaines and ELQ and the hospital, the show will be just fine.  It needs balance, more vets, less newbie characters, and a much better flow of storytelling.  

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 1