Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

But she moved in with Patrick.  It's bad form to keep your old place as a back-up in case things don't work out.  Doesn't Sam believe that they'll be together forevah?

Have you heard her "I love you"s to Patrick? Girl knows this ain't lasting. ;)

• Love 2

The Ric and Sam scene was so nice until all the Jason worshiping. 

I thought that Rik and Sam had chemistry

They have chemistry, but Kelly also brings an energy to Sam's scenes with men she doesn't like/is angry with, that I don't see in her other scenes - whether she was at odds with another woman or spending time with her sisters or being all about a man. I've seen the energy when she called out Sonny in his home on how he, Jason, Carly, and their people treat outsiders/non ass-kissers (after JaSam broke up), when she confronted Ethan about putting his hands on Kristina (a wrist grab, I think?), when she's mad at seeing Ric in the penthouse, hanging out with Danny. Her scenes with Jason were a different story, because there was an underlying "please love me best" begging vibe about her no matter how upset she was.

• Love 1

Oh Scotty, this is going to end so badly for you.  I am dreeeading the scene where Franco (a SERIAL KILLER) and Nina (a lunatic) give him grief about being so EVIL and BAD in helping their arch-nemesis Ava get out of jail.

Oh Lucas, you make me sad.  *fires up OLTL Kish clips*

• Love 2

That's an interesting point--Scott is going against his own son here, as deus ex machina device as this is.  Not so much Nina, though she'll be dragged along.  And as likely inevitable as this or something close to it was, why did the show let him get in all that pleasant Sonny bashing before making him a blackmailer?

Meanwhile: there's this scene in an episode of The Ren and Stimpy Show where Ren gets zapped with a tranquilizer dart.  I spent most of today's episode wishing it would happen to Morgan, exactly as depicted.  We get it, he's just like dear old Dad--an unstable element--but a little bit goes a long way with it, especially now.

Conversely, Dante pulling a Liz with Lulu...arg. Screw you, show.  At least Valerie was honest about her feelings, even if it was to the Tree.  I suppose it's continuing to lay the groundwork for the inevitable second act where she finds out she's pregnant.

The best part of the episode was pretty much Lucas going off on Julian.  That needed to be a Patrick speech, IMO--somehow--but I'll still gladly take anybody putting The Business on blast on this fakakta show.

Edited by Bill C.
  • Love 2

And as likely inevitable as this or something close to it was, why did the show let him get in all that pleasant Sonny bashing before making him a blackmailer?

To delight me?

But again, in the show's narrative, we're supposed to think Scotty is EVIL and BAD for helping Sonny's arch-nemesis Ava avoid serving time for a murder she committed and, I guess, not notice the glaring hypocrisy that Sonny should also still be behind bars for a murder he committed.

No sale.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

My poor show.

What did I watch? I watched Laura Wright prop up this entire mess *all* by herself.  Kudos to her. 

I had most of the show on mute - it was a lot easier to take that way. Oh, and Lucas turned up today - he's looking really good.

I watch this show out of loyalty and it's killing me how shitty it's become.

• Love 4

Really show? You're going to remind me of how AJ died while getting Ava out of jail? So neither of the people who are responsible for his death have to pay, at all?  Fuck this.

It's one of the Ten Soap Commandments, at least WRT the Scowl:

Thou shalt not be punished for thy misdeeds by your peers, but by the universe.  Later.

Whether it actually works, of course, is a whole other story.

I enjoyed the Scott/Ava scenes, and I think it can lay some good groundwork for something down the road. And this is Scott: he's been gray, often without too much fear of going to the dark side, for as long as I can remember. So I enjoyed seeing Scott the schemer back. And if the story stays true to his character, then down the road, something will backfire, so I'm more than willing to go along with this story for now. 

On the other hand, I've lost any interest I might have had in Val. I know this is a soap, but, damn …  Nathan calls her out on going to deliver news in person as an excuse to see Dante instead of making a phone call; he tells her he doesn't know how many others suspect, but reminds her of her over the top reaction the day Dante came in with his shirt bloody; and straight out asks her if she thinks going to the hospital is a good idea. And she still goes. I really can't care about a character new-to-the-canvas being written as that unprincipled and stupid. I don't care if he helped her because her mother died. (I was waiting for that to be alluded to when she talked to Nathan, and it was.) And I'm also tired of her face. It looks constantly pouty to me. 

ETA: Every time Morgan is onscreen acting like a jackass, I roll my eyes then wonder if BC's giving the performance he was told to use for his Emmy reel. To the best of my knowledge, being bipolar does not make one act like a douche.

Edited by rur
  • Love 6

Oh, I don't really mind Scotty blackmailing Ava.  Make that money, girl!

But what I suspect is that the show will present Scotty's blackmailing as somehow worse, more evil, more morally reprehensible, etc. than Sonny being a mobster slash murderer or Franco's SERIAL KILLING or Nina being an unhinged loon who tries to rape people slash rips babies out of them.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

ETA: Every time Morgan is onscreen acting like a jackass, I roll my eyes then wonder if BC's giving the performance he was told to use for his Emmy reel. To the best of my knowledge, being bipolar does not make one act like a douche.

I have it and I don't act like a douche. 

• Love 8
why did the show let him get in all that pleasant Sonny bashing before making him a blackmailer?

I haven't seen today's ep yet, but if Scott's blackmailing doesn't have anything to do with Sonny (directly, I mean; I know Ava and Sonny hate each other), I don't see the problem.

Why is anyone sure Morgan is bipolar? He just seems to have a classic case of stupidity.

He's a Corinthos. They get excuses for being stupid douches.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 7

Oh, I don't really mind Scotty blackmailing Ava.  Make that money, girl!

But what I suspect is that the show will present Scotty's blackmailing as somehow worse, more evil, more morally reprehensible, etc. than Sonny being a mobster slash murderer or Franco's SERIAL KILLING or Nina being an unhinged loon who tries to rape people slash rips babies out of them.

I do wonder if the blackmail itself will actually come out; it might be bad enough that Scott is "representing" Connie's killer, let alone if this goes to a custody battle over Avery, at least to the Corinthii and Liv.  (And, conversely, the woman who tried to blackmail Francs and indirectly Neens to them.)

• Love 1

Why is anyone sure Morgan is bipolar? He just seems to have a classic case of stupidity.

But I have to give BC kudos for selling the annoying, entitled, "high" stupid boy.  When he went up and hugged Patrick from behind because Patrick said the surgery was a success made me laugh out loud at the sheer nonsense of it.  So while I'm busy wishing Morgan would sit down and calm the F down, I'm giving BC kudos for playing it like that.  

Loved the Scott/Ava scenes.  Scott is no innocent with clean hands, so having him go up against Ava works for me.  I also got a good laugh at the line that the courthouse would celebrate if Sonny died and by contrast the PCPD would have lay offs because of it.  

Lucas/Julian;  bugged me at first when it seemed to be all boo hoo hoo Sonny's family is crying a river over him, how could you let that happen Dad.  Then it became more about the retaliation aspect and Lucas seemingly genuinely concerned for his father's safety.  I also liked how WDv played it when Nathan came to release Julian, he had a bit of a "no thanks I'll stay here where it's safer" look on his face.  

• Love 5

I do wonder if the blackmail itself will actually come out; it might be bad enough that Scott is "representing" Connie's killer, let alone if this goes to a custody battle over Avery, at least to the Corinthii and Liv.  (And, conversely, the woman who tried to blackmail Francs and indirectly Neens to them.)

That's true, Francs and Neens will probably throw a fit regardless.

• Love 1

I keep waiting for a scene where a doctor tells Sonny and Carly "he's not bipolar, he's just a really dumb asshole." 

• Love 21

I enjoyed the Scott/Ava scenes, and I think it can lay some good groundwork for something down the road. And this is Scott: he's been gray, often without too much fear of going to the dark side, for as long as I can remember. So I enjoyed seeing Scott the schemer back. And if the story stays true to his character, then down the road, something will backfire, so I'm more than willing to go along with this story for now. 

On the other hand, I've lost any interest I might have had in Val. I know this is a soap, but, damn …  Nathan calls her out on going to deliver news in person as an excuse to see Dante instead of making a phone call; he tells her he doesn't know how many others suspect, but reminds her of her over the top reaction the day Dante came in with his shirt bloody; and straight out asks her if she thinks going to the hospital is a good idea. And she still goes. I really can't care about a character new-to-the-canvas being written as that unprincipled and stupid. I don't care if he helped her because her mother died. (I was waiting for that to be alluded to when she talked to Nathan, and it was.) And I'm also tired of her face. It looks constantly pouty to me. 

Morgan needs to be sedated until he gets a grip.  The last part of today was all about setting things up so he can go after Julian. I don't need a crystal ball to see that coming.  Look at his reaction juxtaposed with Lucas' dire prediction that Julian will be a target for the Corinthos famiy wanting revenge.

I "get" that Valerie shouldn't have shown up today, but I'm giving her a partial pass because I'm convinced this was a blatant use of her as a plot point (what's new?) so Morgan could hear and react.  The preview alone shows him spiralling on this news.  Had the information being delivered via a phone call, this out-of-control fool would not have heard.  (And BTW, Val has no idea he is on the edge like this.) 

• Love 2

I keep waiting for a scene where a doctor tells Sonny and Carly "he's not bipolar, he's just a really dumb asshole." 

Kevin's already one of my favorites, but if they got Jon Lindstrom back and had Kevin deliver some variation of that line, I would probably hug my TV.

Look at his reaction juxtaposed with Lucas' dire prediction that Julian will be a target for the Corinthos famiy wanting revenge. 

And while Lucas is fretting about the pain the Corinthii are feeling, I doubt anyone would offer him the same courtesy re: Julian.

• Love 4

TeeVee beat me to it! See below.

Kevin's already one of my favorites, but if they got Jon Lindstrom back and had Kevin deliver some variation of that line, I would probably hug my TV.

And while Lucas is fretting about the pain the Corinthii are feeling, I doubt anyone would offer him the same courtesy re: Julian.

Why would anyone have sympathy for Lucas or even Sam? Everyone knows Julian is the bad mobster…even when he's out of da bizness. At least we know Lucas and Sam speak in Off-Screensville since they don't get to have scenes on-screen.

• Love 1

Of course not. Julian is OMG TEH EVUL!!11!!, so no one connected to him deserves any sympathy. Only Sonny and his people truly suffer. Ugh. 

• Love 7

Dante pulled a classic Sonny "let me pray for another person and then make it all about meeee" prayer routine. But since the thing he was supposed to pray for was Sonny and he completely forgot about that, I'll take it.

Also, he has no right to judge Sonny? How about apologizing for judging poor dead fat AJ, if he's gonna apologize for judging.

I would have paid good money for Lulu to have said, "well, he once also caused you to flatline, when he shot you in the chest, Dante, so you guys can consider yourself even!" but I guess he wasn't really feeling guilty about that anyway, so it would have been wasted.

Nathan: I see 4 people who made mistakes with no evil intentions.

Thank you for spelling out the storyline in neon letters, Nathan. I get it. No one had bad intentions, ten-four. Valerie is in no way inappropriate, nope, not at all, duh me.*

*Yes, everyone else acted stupidly too, especially Dante.

I would have liked the meta statement better if Nathan had said, "I saw four people who acted incredibly stupid with no evil intentions." Although that makes me think of this quote now:

"It is much better to be wicked than to be stupid. Most of this world's misery is the fruit, not as priests tell us, of wickedness, but of stupidity."

That segueways us into Morgan! Someone shoot him. Or like Bill C said, give him the Ren treatment. The look on Carly's face when Morgan said they should barge into the ER was great. And BC is doing an okay job with his face, but the karate chop hands have gotta stop. I'm sure all bi-polar people don't look like they're about to scream hi ya!

I cannot believe Ava has that stupid fucking wig on still.

Yay Kristina tomorrow. I hope Morgan tries his "wah dad likes Mikey better than me" routine on her.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7

Nathan: I see 4 people who made mistakes with no evil intentions.

But did you notice that he also still put the onus on Lulu first.  "Lulu started the lie......".  Uhm okay, but when does lying mean you have permission to screw someone else.  Nathan's comments seemed to equate what Lulu and Dillon did with what Dante and Val did and I was like, uhm NO.  

I cannot believe Ava has that stupid fucking wig on still.

But only one day has passed for PC.  For us, CarSon's wedding day started Sept 4th and it's now the 16th, but the last time we saw Ava, Julian was visiting her, which was earlier in the day of CarSon's wedding and it's now the day after the wedding. 

• Love 2

But did you notice that he also still put the onus on Lulu first.  "Lulu started the lie......".  Uhm okay, but when does lying mean you have permission to screw someone else.  Nathan's comments seemed to equate what Lulu and Dillon did with what Dante and Val did and I was like, uhm NO.

Yeah. They're trying to make it seem like there's a grey area here. There really isn't. There would have been, if they had just left it at a kiss between Dante and Valerie.

But only one day has passed for PC.  For us, CarSon's wedding day started Sept 4th and it's now the 16th, but the last time we saw Ava, Julian was visiting her, which was earlier in the day of CarSon's wedding and it's now the day after the wedding.

But Ava was exposed before Carly and Sonny's wedding day, didn't it? In any case, they should get rid of it immediately anyway. I know on the show it's her actual hair but I think the audience can suspend disbelief with this one. It's such a distraction.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

What I want to know is why scotty wants 5 million dollars other than he loves money lol.He was pratically throwing money at franco not too long ago lol.

Didn't Scotty get reams of money from being married to Serena's mother who died? I know that Serena inherited most of it, but didn't he come out well too since he survived his wife?

I wonder if Maurice Benard is getting his full salary as he lies there day after day on the gurney, not having to memorize lines? Is that counted as a budget "vacation package" for him?

If Morgan goes all ballistic and manages to attack/kill Julian in retribution, will the hospital put Sonny and Julian together in a semi-private room? If so, who will control the TV remote?

• Love 3

Well, I've deleted today's episode unseen and removed GH from my shows to be recorded list and am applying for permanent residency on the barge, preferable the  vodka deck.  I'll rely on the peerless recapping and snark I read here, but I'm not going to waste one more minute watching the "St. Sonny Corinthos Show"

• Love 9

Really show? You're going to remind me of how AJ died while getting Ava out of jail? So neither of the people who are responsible for his death have to pay, at all?  Fuck this.

I'd wish a pox upon Ava, but she's banged Sonny and wears that wig. Kiki is her daughter. So um I guess I wish her to a dry county for eternity.

• Love 7

I hate what they've reverted Michael back to.

For me, I'm going to wait and see what the new writers plan on doing regarding whether or not Michael changes his name back to Corinthos and relinquishes his position in fighting for ELQ.  If that happens, then yeah, the new writers will have completely erased everything that Michael went through this last year.  My hope is that despite the fact that he's back to considering Sonny his dad, that he still wants to retain the name of Michael Quartermaine and run ELQ.  I don't know what these new writers have planned, but it would make no sense to me for them to put Michael right back into the mob world.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for now.

• Love 4

Didn't Scotty get reams of money from being married to Serena's mother who died? I know that Serena inherited most of it, but didn't he come out well too since he survived his wife?

I am sure Ron C had some bullshit for Scotty, though staying at a hotel for over a year but a dent in his finances. But I am going to chalk it up to reasons. Wouldn't his step mother, Gail, be pissed at Scotty for letting one of AJ's killers go free. Wasn't Gail Monica's foster mother. 

• Love 2

I love how Franco and Nina get cells across from each other, but Julian and Ava are put into different areas. 

Patrick's expression when Morgan hugged him was hilarious. 

Someone needs to stop the flow of oxygen to Sonny the way he did to AJ.

• Love 11

Nathan calls her out on going to deliver news in person as an excuse to see Dante

Yeah, you've got to be doing something really transparent and moronic if Nathan needs to point something out to you. 

Scott also walked away with the Burger King Treasure (Cassadine/Quartermaine money).  He shouldn't need Ava's 5 mil., other than just to stick it to her.

• Love 3

Really, Dante? You have no right to judge? And you're comparing your cheating on Lulu to Sonny's KILLING people? Ugh. Shut up.

Talking Tree? Do you have any idea what you're saying? Why in the hell does Sonny's family deserve ANY peace? And you thinking that the Corinthos family hung the moon apparently while the Jeromes are evil? SHUT UP.

God, Morgan. Is there anyone even in the vicinity of being this annoying? SHUT THE FUCK UP.

I loved the Ava and Scotty scenes. It would have been perfect if she had blonde hair again (still so weird for me to be saying that considering my feelings on blondes vs. brunettes in fiction), but I'll settle for her gunning to get Avery back. [For now.] Cannot wait until she turns the tables on Scummy and Snarly. I seriously cannot take another second of those two.

Ah, Olivia. You are so pointless.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 8