Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Is Sloan # 1 trying to commit suicide by Cassadine?   Sure looks like it,

Lulu - never thought I'd say this - but you should have stayed back with the babies at Casa Corinthos. 

MB remembered his lines very well today. 

• Love 7

Of course Sonny is too selfish to name a health proxy.

It probably is Carly. Even when they weren't together, Sonny told Alexis that if something ever happened to him, he left custody of all the kids to her. Before Jason was killed,  he had Sonny's power of attorney in case anything happened to Sonny.

You know if Sonny was actually a bad mobster on this show, he would have been behind his own shooting in order to get Michael back in the fold.

How fucked up is that Carly comforted TJ by telling him Sonny would have helped any of his kids who were kidnapped, not that she was sorry he was kidnapped in the first place and it must have been awful for him.

That's the one scene of Carly today that didn't make me roll my eyes - it totally makes sense for that character to put the emphasis on how much her great love Sonny cares for TJ (like one of his own kids!) because she's used to kids getting kidnapped, shot or almost blown up due to raising them in Jason and Sonny's world. I doubt it even occurred to her that he could have been scared because the other kids (except Kristina? -can't recall how old she was when Johnny's car went boom) were younger than college age when they got traumatized. 

So Julian is gonna die in a hail of bullets just minutes before Dante receives the evidence exonerating him, right? And Jake will kill him because he's gone back to work for Sonny even though he doesn't have his memory back, then go on to his wedding to Liz where Hayden remembers and exposes his true identity (& that Liz & Nik knew). [/spec]

I think Morgan vowing revenge on Julian will result in him seriously injuring or killing someone else accidentally instead. I don't think Jakeson will kill Julian, because he cares for Sam and there's no proof that Julian is guilty. Also, in my opinion, BM plays this character as less of a hot head than SBu did. SBu was glare-y and rage-y fairly often.

ETA: I will guess HeatLifer's speculation about Jakeson, Patrick, and Liz will turn out be pretty accurate. It seems about right for the direction of the 'storytelling' at the moment. (Sam saying she doesn't miss the fear seems like a large anvil.)  Also because if Sam got injured instead of her dad, Morgan would be the poor 'bi-polar' f-up instead of just the f-up again and the attention would be on poor, recovering, feeling guilty Sonny because "I gave this to my son."

Edited by Bringonthedrama

Liz's "oh shit" face when Jake told her that Sonny mistook him for Jason post-shooting was really the most enjoyable thing about this episode.

Hayden calling Sloan an idiot is a close second.

And yes, won't we all mourn if Sonny is paralyzed and we'll never see the twirl and shoot ever again? 

• Love 7

I think Morgan vowing revenge on Julian will result in him seriously injuring or killing someone else accidentally instead. I don't think Jakeson will kill Julian, because he cares for Sam and there's no proof that Julian is guilty. Also, in my opinion, BM plays this character as less of a hot head than SBu did. SBu was glare-y and rage-y fairly often.

If that happens, you know the person would somehow deserve it more than Sonny does (probably someone that beats women and rapes and murders children, cause honestly I don't know how much worse one has to get) or Morgan's family will be begging for forgiveness and get it. I watched Ric/Corinthos showdown and couldn't help giggle. I love how indigent they get when they find out the  PCPD lets a criminal, but they play every dirty trick in the book to stay free. It actually sounded like in that instance, Ric was attempting to do his job. 

• Love 3

Ah, I almost forgot.  Yesterday, I saw that Hayden had been added to the opening.  And today, I saw that Paul has also been added, so I guess Richard Burgi is here to stay for the long haul.  And unless he's already been added, I can see that Nathan is now on it, too.

I have hated Jason since he became a Sonny proper so what ever Liz does to keep him away from Sam  , in my opinion is doing a service to Danny. Keeping him safe and making sure he doesn't go near the Corintous . Danny for now is living in a nice normal house with a big sister with no blood ties to Sonny. The real fun thing would be if Jake the child was shot while near Jakeson.dead by mob .We know Sonny won't die God doesn't want him and the devil fears her will take over if he goes below. Morgan and TJ need to take a test to see which one is dumber .Kristina is coming back for this. To cry over her fathers hospital bed YUCK. To think I did like this Kristina for a while. Took this miserable show off the dvr,  deleted  about 60 shows I didn't watch. Thanks to you guys. I didn't have to, and now I have no desire too.The dvr is now free. My family wants to thank RC.

• Love 4

I was thinking, it's not necessarily that oh everyone else is such a nice person and Sonny is a murdering mobster, how can they cry over him, etc etc. It's that anyone, saint or sinner, would hold a grudge against the things Sonny has done to them. I guess Carly is textbook abusive wife/girlfriend, but still. I know we have to make suspensions of disbelief, but these are quite big leaps.

Ah, I almost forgot.  Yesterday, I saw that Hayden had been added to the opening.  And today, I saw that Paul has also been added, so I guess Richard Burgi is here to stay for the long haul.  And unless he's already been added, I can see that Nathan is now on it, too.

He was already there. Speaking of the credits, at least Michael was grouped with Tracy? Although I cracked up at seeing Nathan and Maxie in the sole spot, because yesterday I groaned seeing Carly and Sonny had that spot, that they were trying to say Sonny and Carly were the matriarch and patriarch, etc etc, but apparently so are Maxie and Nathan. That's what I get for paying attention to the credits.

• Love 1

I was thinking, it's not necessarily that oh everyone else is such a nice person and Sonny is a murdering mobster, how can they cry over him, etc etc. It's that anyone, saint or sinner, would hold a grudge against the things Sonny has done to them. I guess Carly is textbook abusive wife/girlfriend, but still. I know we have to make suspensions of disbelief, but these are quite big leaps.

What was that speech Carly gave Lulu after Dante was shot? Something about when Sonny sets his sights on you and wants a relationship, it's going to happen. Classic brainwashed victim.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4

Does anyone have video of the new openings?

I refuse to dvr or watch on any, ahem, legit viewing platform just to see the opening . . . I will not be counted as a 'viewer' of this gutter sludge.

• Love 2

What was that speech Carly gave Lulu after Dante was shot? Something about when Sonny sets his sights on you and wants a relationship, it's going to happen. Classic brainwashed victim.

I guess that's why Morgan is so stupid Its his genes. He got screwed by both parents.

I found it:

Lulu: [sighs] I feel awful, because you didn't call me out for keeping Dante’s secret, and now you need my help, but... I can't, Carly. I'm sorry.

Carly: Well, I had to ask.

Lulu: I realize for you it's different, but I truly believe that Sonny belongs in prison. I hate him for shooting Dante.

Carly: And I would feel the same way about someone who shot the man I love. I understand. But I need to give you some advice. Don't let Dante see how much you hate Sonny. I've had a lot of experience with Sonny. And he can be irresistible, and it may take a long time, but he will wear Dante down.

Lulu: I hope you're wrong.

Carly: You know, it's a special gift that Sonny has. When Sonny loves you, you just want to love him back. And as badly as he wants Dante to be his son, there's part of Dante who wants Sonny to be his father. Eventually those two are going to connect.

I guess that's part of the part I don't buy? If Sonny loved me, I'd be like, "uhhhhh. How much money are you willing to pay me to be your friend?" (That's the most realistic part of TJ's attachment to Sonny that I buy - he's one of the few who mentioned all the creature comforts Sonny can provide.)

• Love 4

LMAO. The "special gift" BS still gets me.

Sonny could kill an innocent man and screw a woman on a man's grave and then shoot his son in the chest and people will still love him because he has a "special gift"?

Oh, wait.

• Love 10

LMAO. The "special gift" BS still gets me.

Sonny could kill an innocent man and screw a woman on a man's grave and then shoot his son in the chest and people will still love him because he has a "special gift"?

Oh, wait.

I just find it amusing that she was all "don't let Sonny see how much you hate him!" and then two months later it was "I will bring Sonny's bastard down!"

Oh, something you guys said in the other thread reminded me - how very meta was Nik's "I don't know, I just told her something about Helena". 

• Love 2

Haven't watched in awhile, but a summer cold, and unable to really do anything else and my Roku remote was too far away, kinda forced my hand.  What is going on with this show? The only thing I found enjoyable today was Julian not being at all impressed by Morgan's antics and Rebecca Budig's character (I think her name is Hayden?).   Watching all the people wringing their hands over Sonny made me want to barf, so I got bored and tried to create a new language with my cat (pretty sure we came up with an "I hate Sonny" meow pattern).  So sick of every damn time Sonny gets shot it's, "Sonny loves the people he loves because he loves so much and it's all love!". No, Sonny is a mobster that gets himself into these situations usually by his own shitty decisions.  I really just should have trained my cat to bring me the Roku remote.  I could have at least watched a good show then.  

• Love 5

I just find it amusing that she was all "don't let Sonny see how much you hate him!" and then two months later it was "I will bring Sonny's bastard down!"

Oh, something you guys said in the other thread reminded me - how very meta was Nik's "I don't know, I just told her something about Helena".

Carly is manipulative and a liar. Her hypocrisy never surprises me. It's the show wanting me to think she's THE BEST EVER that's funny.

"I just told her something about Helena" should be on a shirt!

• Love 2

And I guess another reason Lucas isn't around for this is that then they might have to acknowledge that the man they're all yelling at - and that Morgan has now sworn to kill - is his father.  Because in the show's logic, Julian (allegedly) trying to kill their father is bad, but Morgan killing Lucas' father would be...okay?  What?

The hypocrisy, I hate it so much.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

I think that's all Frank Valentini, Nathan Varni, and TPTB at ABC Daytime.  It's clear to me they're the ones who ordered this shift back to All The Time Sonny.

I don't see ever watching this show again. Sad to say, nothing I've read on these boards makes me want to actually watch an episode, especially if they are undoing Michael Quartermaine.  RIP GH

• Love 7

How is Hayden the only one with a moral compass on this show? When did that happen? I really like her, and she's pretty hot with Nik.

Sonny on his death bed yet again. And Morgan's empty stupid threats? He's probably going to shoot Sam or someone else by accident.

I wish they showed some conflict with Michael still being mad at Sonny, but not wanting him to die. That would be nice for a change.

• Love 5

I was tuning in and out of this show today (not by choice, actually), but I caught the bit with Michael at Sonny's bedside.  CD did perfectly fine work, but dear God it just frigging bugged that he's apparently all in for being Sonny's son again.  Yes, even over the ongoing oops that is "Patrick the neurosurgeon's going to take that bullet away from Sonny's spine!"

Neurosurgeons do brain and spine. It's just that Patrick has spent most of his time in PC operating on Jason's brain 

As for Patrick?  "If the next words that come out of your mouth are 'Jake kept me safe,' my head is going to explode" actually went a really long way for me.  Let him react more, fakakta show!  (The aforementioned bomb strapped to Samtrick?  Eight minutes to boom.)

I thought those were MUCH better than anything they've had in their relationship and actually referenced the character's histories and personalities in a way I haven't seen since they became a couple.  Up to this point, it felt like the person writing their relationship had never been in one and was writing their idea of the perfect relationship where there wasn't ever a disagreement or a conversation with any depth that could lead to one - which actually made the relationship feel shallow and pointless. 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

Neurosurgeons do brain and spine. It's just that Patrick has spent most of his time in PC operating on Jason's brain

I'm actually shocked that the writers know that neurosurgeons operate on the spine. It's the only thing they've done right recently. That, and Julian mocking Morgan and telling Dante he's a cheater like his father.

• Love 3

Does anyone have video of the new openings?

I refuse to dvr or watch on any, ahem, legit viewing platform just to see the opening . . . I will not be counted as a 'viewer' of this gutter sludge.

"I will not be counted as a 'viewer' of this gutter sludge"- next t shirt. Make it happen.

• Love 4

If that happens, you know the person would somehow deserve it more than Sonny does (probably someone that beats women and rapes and murders children, cause honestly I don't know how much worse one has to get)

Even a dumbass like Morgan can find a fat alcoholic.

• Love 4

If they went the Scummy unconscious hallucination route and showed him in Hell - NOT Heaven - being tormented by all the other murderers he murdered, I would watch that. And then they have Sonny wake up, ask to see Anna, and tells her he wants to come in from the cold and leave the mob. And take down the 5 families with him. I would watch that and try extra extra hard not to hate Scummy with the heat of a thousand nuns.

• Love 4

Hell, just peg it at...oh, four of them:

1. AJ, because duh
  2. Joe Scully
  3. Lorenzo Alcazar
  4. Lily (probably the closest thing to a standard bearer for people who just got caught in the crossfire, AIUI, and we need a woman to break up the machismo)

Give us an episode where a comatose and/or fast-fading Sonny is confronted by these symbols of his worse angels, and he actually decides to get out of The Life once and for all, and...it might not make up for the decade-plus of propping, but it'd be a really nice start.

• Love 4

And I guess another reason Lucas isn't around for this is that then they might have to acknowledge that the man they're all yelling at - and that Morgan has now sworn to kill - is his father.  Because in the show's logic, Julian (allegedly) trying to kill their father is bad, but Morgan killing Lucas' father would be...okay?  What?

The hypocrisy, I hate it so much.

I still found it extremely weird that Julian's DAUGHTER was right there the whole time, and nobody, not even Sam, acknowledged that her FATHER might have been behind it..to Sam or in front of her.  I want to know what she would have said....She told Alexis she is behind him, but I am sure she still has doubts over Julian truly being out of the mob.

Although none of these brain trusts have put together that the supposed "Jerome" henchman were surprised by the shooting, hence it was not ordered by whomever grabbed TJ....Indicating that even IF Julian is Charlie's boss, he WASN'T behind the shooting.

• Love 2

That was one of the smartest, most logical things Nik has said during this mess. Why not make Helena the scapegoat? No one is going to express disbelief. She's one of the few people that everyone owns is evil.

Because in the show's logic, Julian (allegedly) trying to kill their father is bad, but Morgan killing Lucas' father would be...okay?  What?

Is payback hypocrisy? Because that's what Morgan thinks he's doing: avenging Sonny. And anyway, in the show's skewed logic, anything done by or for Sonny is automatically right.

I wish they showed some conflict with Michael still being mad at Sonny, but not wanting him to die. That would be nice for a change.

This is EXACTLY how he should be feeling, but they're too lazy to keep Michael conflicted. It's easier if everyone is back on the Sonny love train.

• Love 6

My God. Can we have one character not love Sonny? Like, they'd have to not be in the mob, have sex with him (or his family members because reasons), or do any business with him. They just don't like him. Is that allowed? Fuck. Characters hate, yes, hate Victor Newman and have openly disliked Bo Brady. So fuck you ABC because Sonny Corinthos is nothing near a Bo Brady, dammit. Give the stupid moobster actual non fans.

• Love 13

My God. Can we have one character not love Sonny? Like, they'd have to not be in the mob, have sex with him (or his family members because reasons), or do any business with him. They just don't like him. Is that allowed? Fuck. Characters hate, yes, hate Victor Newman and have openly disliked Bo Brady. So fuck you ABC because Sonny Corinthos is nothing near a Bo Brady, dammit. Give the stupid moobster actual non fans.

but, haven't you heard? Sonny is love! All we need is Stuart Chandler to make a cameo on the show to voice it.

• Love 1

There is a short list of people who do not care for Sonny: Scotty, Monica, Patprick and I believe Laura.

• Love 1

"I will not be counted as a 'viewer' of this gutter sludge"- next t shirt. Make it happen.

I need two of these. They will have to have something amazing and noteworthy for me to watch GH at this point.

I'm going to spend my free time trying to not come in last in the PTV football pool.

• Love 1

So Michael reverts to being just another ass-kisser and my last reason for watching the show falls away.

I hope this show gets cancelled.

Between Michael crapping in his dead father's face by embracing the man who killed him and Patrick's concern for Sammy while not giving a rat's ass about the safety of his child's mother makes my rage reach new levels. So I feel ya.

• Love 2
While I hate Liz almost as much as I hate Carly I must say her complexion is flawless.  I guess lying like a cheap toupee is good for the skin.  One of the reasons  haven't taken up permanent residence on the barge is I am still waiting for her to get what is coming to her regarding her doing what she did to Britt and Ben.  Karma, bitch.

What exactly did Liz do to Britt and Ben? Rocco wasn't Britt's child. Britt kidnapped him and kept him from Lulu and Dante. Anything that happened to Britt because of that, was on Britt. Liz didn't do shit to her.

• Love 9

What exactly did Liz do to Britt and Ben? Rocco wasn't Britt's child. Britt kidnapped him and kept him from Lulu and Dante. Anything that happened to Britt because of that, was on Britt. Liz didn't do shit to her.

Agreed. But the downside is that she will look like a big fat hypocrite and an opportunist when it is discovered that she kept Jason's identity a secret, while she outed the Ben secret with so much glee. I like Liz, but she didn't allow Britt to come clean on her own, which would have been the best thing for everyone involved especially Rocco. The only thing they have in common is that it involved getting or holding onto a man. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 1

There is a short list of people who do not care for Sonny: Scotty, Monica, Patprick and I believe Laura.

Lest we forget Jordan, complicated as that is by her smug-ass kid.  And Julian and Ava are probably excluded on a slew of technicalities.

• Love 1

All of those people are mocked for not thinking Sonny hung the moon. Monica is jealous that Sonny took Jason away, Scott is a crank, Patrick is jealous of Robin's relationship with Sonny, and Laura resents him for his part in Lucky's "death." Jordan is a hypocrite who once worked for him, plus she's a cop. All of these people are completely unreasonable for not liking Sonny.

The show needs to let characters hate Sonny for whatever reason and not be thought wrong.

• Love 10

I had to LOL when Nick said to Hayden he had to get her better magazines when she was telling Sloan not to give up on love.

And farewell Michael Quartermaine, we hardly new ya.  It was fun while it lasted.

While I hate Liz almost as much as I hate Carly I must say her complexion is flawless.  I guess lying like a cheap toupee is good for the skin.  One of the reasons  haven't taken up permanent residence on the barge is I am still waiting for her to get what is coming to her regarding her doing what she did to Britt and Ben.  Karma, bitch.

OT, however: today is 9/11.Never forget my fellow snarkers, never forget.

What the what?!  Britt stole Lante's embryo and that had NOTHING to do with Liz or Cam.  Sheesh.

• Love 4

Agreed. But the downside is that she will look like a big fat hypocrite and an opportunist when it is discovered that she kept Jason's identity a secret, while she outed the Ben secret with so much glee. I like Liz, but she didn't allow Britt to come clean on her own, which would have been the best thing for everyone involved especially Rocco. The only thing they have in common is that it involved getting or holding onto a man. 

I disagree. The best thing was for Dante and Lulu to know the truth as soon as possible. It's not like Liz outed Britt before telling Lulu; she told Lulu first. Sure, there was happy to catch Britt, but she prioritized Lulu.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

What the what?!  Britt stole Lante's embryo and that had NOTHING to do with Liz or Cam.  Sheesh.

That's true - which makes Liz's decision to out Brit at her engagement party with a fairly smug smile kind of puzzling.  I think she was absolutely right to tell especially since she told Lulu first - but considering the lies she's told and continues to tell...

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

The shooter should have had a gloved hand, so they could accuse Julian and Ric, but eventually discover it was Madeline Reeves on a day pass from Pentonville (the co-ed(!) prison).  Motive?  Setting up Ric. #itsalwaysMadeline.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 3

I'll allow Seth J McStephens, a new cop who knows Anna, hates Sonny because he's a scumbag law breaker, has good partner chemistry with Dante, and has sweet dark locks. He can also see Sam, recognize her, then be like "Eh, you know lots of chicks have brown hair and brown eyes." Because he says chicks.

Yes, ME would be back, snarking, gun holding, FH scene having, Sonny hating....

• Love 2

I like how Hayden is being written (by Carlavati, no less) after the coma. She's smart, sorta honest, has a moral compass and still likes the mysterious Nicholas. Rebecca Budig is so good and she isn't acting totally dumb. That said, who knows how the writers will write for her. It's amazing because when she was on GL she was so green and then went onto AMC playing Greenlee and was amazing. She also has a banging body considering she just had a kid.

• Love 5

I like how Hayden is being written (by Carlavati, no less) after the coma. She's smart, sorta honest, has a moral compass and still likes the mysterious Nicholas. Rebecca Budig is so good and she isn't acting totally dumb. That said, who knows how the writers will write for her. It's amazing because when she was on GL she was so green and then went onto AMC playing Greenlee and was amazing. She also has a banging body considering she just had a kid.

I sort of miss Hayden's sexual boldness, but I think it was a little OTT, and for the long run it wouldn't work. I do think she will regain at least some of it after her memory comes back.

But I do like the character alot. It sounds cliché but I find her refreshing. Her character seems less convoluted than most of the other newbies. She has a brain and isn't letting Nik feed her pap, she speaks her mind, seems like she has a good enough heart, yet there is still a bit of a kink to her, mainly in her snark, and in the way she seems to be more and more attracted to Nik the more of a bad guy she finds out he is. She is the quintessential "good girl with a streak of naughty" which I think the show is missing.

• Love 4

I still found it extremely weird that Julian's DAUGHTER was right there the whole time, and nobody, not even Sam, acknowledged that her FATHER might have been behind it

Sam did say to Patrick (paraphrasing) that she loves her father and likes Sonny but that the mob violence gets to her, so I took that to mean that she assumes Julian was behind it.  

My God. Can we have one character not love Sonny?

no, because then they'd have to explain that he really isn't  a good person and they've been lying to us for twenty years that he is.  Plus MB would probably not accept his character being written as black and white instead of the mobster with the heart of gold that they've been shoveling at us for years.  

As for Patrick?  "If the next words that come out of your mouth are 'Jake kept me safe,' my head is going to explode".)

ME: SAY IT! SAY IT!

Talk about your missed opportunity.

That and MB finally in a scene he can master - Sonny on his back, unconscious, with a tube down his throat.

The PCPD is just too incompetent to even discuss, although I enjoyed Anna and the Commissioner drinking in her office.

I repeat - SAY IT SAM!

• Love 2