Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Carly: Could Sonny die?

Patrick: Yes.

Me: Don't toy with me, Show.

Loved Sam giving Patrick attitude and some of the real Patrick (the way he used to get pissy with Robin) coming through. Yes, Sam is bored with you. LOL at her long pause and monologue to Patrick's unhappy face. Liz's horror and fear just amused me today. Get thee to Shadybrooke, girlie.  

TJ and Morgan turning into stupid idiots/soldiers over Sonny at least makes some sense - but Lulu being a loud moron in the middle of the police station is a real WTF moment.

CD is capable of good work - Michael's quiet summary of what people are up to, the resignation in his posture and voice, and weak-ish "make this right" line to Sonny unconscious with a critical gun shot wound is in stark contrast to the loud outrage and tears at seeing AJ unconscious with a critical gun shot wound. He wasn't begging Sonny not to leave him. Michael's calm, quiet demeanor in the hospital juxtaposed with Morgan screaming, threatening Julian and being held back by police in the PCPD is quite the set up. I will give the writers credit that the "wandering eye" comment and the punch surprised me. I mostly don't like Julian these days but the dig at Sonny, Dante and indignant Lulu was well-deserved. 

Hayden asking Sloan if he's a masochist or an idiot, hmm I think that's the first time I've liked RB/the character. Loved Julian calling Morgan a brat and asking if he's going to pout him to death, LOL. 

Was hoping to see Lexi A. today - very disappointed Kristina only got a mention. 

• Love 6

Michael (referring to Sonny being shot): This shouldn't have happened.

Yeah it should and the result should be Sonny dead.  If this was a better written show Sonny would have died because his luck would have run out. 

But this isn't Boardwalk Empire or what writers who want to write the mob should watch - A Bronx Tale.

• Love 8
Michael (referring to Sonny being shot: This shouldn't have happened.

Me: ...why?  Getting shot is what happens when you're a FUCKING MOBSTER!

This sort of dialogue is so infuriating. If they're going to make a mobster the lead character, MAKE HIM A MOBSTER. That means he's going to get shot and deserve it.

Gah.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 11

And I can't begin to tell you how much this pissed me off. STOP IT, SHOW. You're beyond pushing it.

Is this why we put up with watching this shit? Like it isn't bad enough to be ignored in our families and have our moms declare our older brothers saints and...UGH now I sound like Morgan.

LALALALALALALALA, CAN'T HEAR YOU! Please, for the sake of my sanity, do NOT put that out into the universe.

:small voice: I like that show. It appeals to my dance background, and it's just addicting. When I was 6 years old, I wanted to be a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader because my mom was from Dallas. Thank god I sidestepped that land mine. But seriously, the cheerleading that everyone is doing for Sonny rivals any of the DCC's.

The former Jasam fan in me really liked it. The person that despised Jason and was thrilled beyond belief that he was kicked into the harbor hated it. So basically, I'm fighting with myself. Maybe I have multiple personalities. Oh god, first I'm Morgan, now I'm Connie?!?! I suck beyond belief.

Yes, we middle children must unite, I'm stuck between two brothers and, oh hell, I don't even care if I sound like Morgan, in The Land of The Overlooked Overburdened Unappreciated Middle Child, we all get a pass. Well, when I say 'we all' I really mean you and I and any other middle child on this board ;)

I have TFHG on as I type and I just can't. I already had a headache but it's increasing by the minute.

Only 20 minutes into the show and I already threw up half a dozen times, metaphorically speaking.

::psst, don't feel bad, I watch Dance Moms religiously lol::

Also, Morgan, you and your brothers are dead to me.

Patrick, that little bit of spine I saw you show so far? More please, much much more.

• Love 2

Am I wrong for wanting Sonny to wind up in a chair for the rest of his life?

How about in a chair and a vegetable drooling. TJ thinks he is so great. he can go to the soap school of nursing a week deal and be his nurse, ass wiper .

• Love 4

Is it only allowed for Patrick to be pissy for .02 seconds before he kisses ass again and says shit like "Maybe I have to learn to live with it"? So obnoxious. And, again, such a waste of a story and character.

LMAO at Sam begging Patrick to save Sonny and him essentially nodding his head. When Robin wanted to save Jason.....

Yeah.

• Love 3

I have a little wish that Skye would show up for one scene at the hospital, to say to Carly, Michael and Morgan, "Oh, Sonny's been shot?  Well, look on the bright side, Carly - at least it wasn't one of the kids. I'm sure AJ - god rest his tortured soul after Sonny murdered him -would be relieved to know his son wasn't in the line of fire this time when someone came after Sonny. Good to see you, Michael. Ta..."

I would even turn the show on for that. The one while it is airing and not be able to FF the rest. Oh well Guza and Mykill are back .Doesn't matter what names they are using now.

Am I wrong for wanting Sonny to wind up in a chair for the rest of his life?

Yes, because unless Sonny is a vegetable or deader than dead (since dead never seems to work) we would get the endless Sonny issobraveandstrong. It isn't like he would actually feel like he deserved for all the horrible shit he has pulled.

If he is in a chair I need two 15 minute monologues, one for Sonny and one for Carly where Monica gets to gloat and give some truths about how they totally deserve what has happened and point out it wasn't TJ or some other innocent bystander. 

• Love 2

I was tuning in and out of this show today (not by choice, actually), but I caught the bit with Michael at Sonny's bedside.  CD did perfectly fine work, but dear God it just frigging bugged that he's apparently all in for being Sonny's son again.  Yes, even over the ongoing oops that is "Patrick the neurosurgeon's going to take that bullet away from Sonny's spine!"

As for Patrick?  "If the next words that come out of your mouth are 'Jake kept me safe,' my head is going to explode" actually went a really long way for me.  Let him react more, fakakta show!  (The aforementioned bomb strapped to Samtrick?  Eight minutes to boom.)

• Love 5

Does the PCPD and Dante know that Sonny killed one of the members of the five families?  There should be some gossip about that.

Speaking of middle children, Kristina should be the one who runs Sonny's mob while he is out of commission. She is the smartest of all of Sonny's children.

• Love 2

Let him react more

I don't get why this issue can't 1) Last longer than two scenes, and 2) Why Patrick doesn't bring up Emma or even Danny. Something along the lines of, "How do you expect me to explain to Emma why you were shot?" Or "Danny has already lost his father."

He essentially SHOULD tell Sam that if she can't stay away from Jake and guns and the mob, that he won't be OK with that and at some point, their relationship won't end up working out.

But that's expecting #TheRealPatrick to show up and not #Purseholder.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 6

Dante: I don't know what I'll do if something happens to him.

Me: HE SHOT YOU IN THE CHEST!!!

Oh and then there was that time Sonny joked about having shoting him that chest. Yeah that's a hell of a loss.

• Love 10

Can they all stop making poor TJ think Sonny's feeling for him are much stronger than they actually are? And why does TJ keep harping on Sonny giving him a place to stay? He wasn't homeless, he could have stayed with his mother.

Oh yeah, Anna and Jordan having a drink in the office. Anna running her hand down her bare arm. Make out, ladies! Uh, besides that, I was disappointed in Anna not talking about Carlos, but maybe she doesn't want to drag Jordan into the conspiracy with her.

Nik's contempt for Sloane was cracking me up. I liked the line, "Sloane sold his morals to Lomax, later, I rented them." And I chuckled over "you want me to pay you because you couldn't get a date with Anna?"

Damn it, Tyler and Rebecca Budig do have chemistry. It makes sense though I guess. They kept trying to put Nik with these ingenues when clearly (imo) they way they should have always gone was a heiress/upper crust type, imo. Which Emily was I guess but I mean like a hard, business/money oriented one.

Dante: I don't know what I'm gonna do if he doesn't make it.

I don't know dude, live the same life you're living except without sporadic man-chats in which your dad spills all to his girlfriend anyway?

Dante was absolutely a jackass to Julian but daycop's "whatever" voice after Julian threatened to sue the whole place was hilarious.

What was the point of Lulu in those scenes? It could have all easily gone down without her.

Jesus, someone give Morgan a fucking sedative. And Julian should have thrown in his face that he was eager enough for Julian to shoot Sonny when Morgan was working for him. Although really, everyone ranting at beige-jacketed Julian shooting Sonny is cracking me up. Come on guys. He's dressed in a beige jacket. He didn't do it.

Liz. This is who Jason is. This is who you're screwing your whole life for. Not worth it!!

It was nice to see Patrick pissed for a couple of scenes.

Does the PCPD and Dante know that Sonny killed one of the members of the five families?  There should be some gossip about that.

I don't think so.

Yes, because unless Sonny is a vegetable or deader than dead (since dead never seems to work) we would get the endless Sonny issobraveandstrong. It isn't like he would actually feel like he deserved for all the horrible shit he has pulled.

We would, but at least Sonny would actually be suffering. Despite all the claptrap they bleat about how his family's suffering is worse for him than his own, we know that's not true, and this will actually make him suffer on some level.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 10

TJ and Morgan turning into stupid idiots/soldiers over Sonny at least makes some sense - but Lulu being a loud moron in the middle of the police station is a real WTF moment.

Loved Julian calling Morgan a brat and asking if he's going to pout him to death, LOL. 

I don't think Lulu did anything except be pointless in the scene. I guess they wanted her there to here the "wandering eye" comment but they didn't need her there to get Dante riled up over it.

Julian's lines about pouting and sulking him to death were hilarious.

Yup. If only the writing was there. Why can't it ever match up!?

I thought their scenes were decently written today. It could be decent if Nik falls in love with her and then she remembers and she realizes he shot her. 

Shall we have a drinking game----a slug of whiskey for everybody every time Michael sobs out something about "MY FADDA, Sonny!!".

Sheesh. I'm too nauseated to eat my lunch.

I ffed those scenes. At least the ones with Michael at his bedside. 

I was so hoping TJ was still in Sonny's room when Morgan came in. I wanted Morgan to push him aside and be like IT'S MY TIME WITH DADDY.

• Love 6

Is everyone in Port Charles going to have a few quiet moments at Sonny's beside to reflect upon the impact He has had on them and to thank Him for, well, just being Sonny, then dropped to their knees and offer him a kidney? Because that's what it seems like.

Loved Sam saying "you have to save him for the family" because I heard it as "you have to save him for humanity" and that gave me the best laugh of the day. My coworkers were confused tho.

Edited by JaneDigby
  • Love 9

Random question, but in real life, Dante wouldn't be considered Sonny's closest relative, and thus entrusted with medical decisions, would he, if Sonny was never officially named as his father, right? It would be either be Michael or Mike (did Michael ever officially de-adopt himself? Is that a thing?)

I think Dante is his closest relative because Sonny has recognized him as his son, and everyone knows it. I suppose Michael could kick up a fuss if he wanted to, but there would be lawyers and hearings involved. And I think parents of adult children lose their place once the children are married and/or have adult children of their own. Of course Sonny is too selfish to name a health proxy.

But frankly, Patrick isn't going to split hairs, and if Carly badgers him enough to do something, he'll do it.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

Julian asking Morgan if he'd pout or sulk Julian to death was the only good part of the show. Nik not giving two shits about Sloane bungling his chance to bang Anna some more also helped.

The "Sonny is the bestest" crap was, and is, unnecessary.

• Love 9

It's all so stupid, because we know whatever happens to Sonny, he's not going to die. I know the characters don't know that, but it's such a lazy way to whitewash the things the show doesn't want to deal with otherwise, like Michael reconciling with Sonny. I want to see Sonny grovel for Michael's forgiveness, not cheat and get shot so Michael will feel guilty if Sonny dies and Michael never says he's sorry he hates his father for murdering his other father.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 11

I somehow fell waaaaay behind and have fina,my caught up. My immediate reaction is, why did I bother? This is all horrible horrible story telling. One, you may recall, I absolutely loathe Sonny and not in a love-to-hate way. He's not a good villain because he and everyone else on this damn show all act like he's never done anything wrong and it's just unbelievable that anyone would think badly of him, much less hurt him, but he's not a good good guy either because he's a worthless human being.

Two, I really don't need Superhero Amnesiac being sainted. Three, pretty much everything is just stupid. Sonny getting tongue bathed, TJ suddenly being a moron, Tracy *not* laughing that Sonny was shot, Michael forgetting that he's furious with Sonny (although I'm willing to hold out hope that he's just shocked by the emergency and will come around), it goes on and on.

In fact, Nik and Hayden were the only things over the last few days that didn't annoy the crap out of me. Is this what we can expect from the new writers?

• Love 5

It's still Ron's stuff. But yes, I expect more Sonny woobification. 

Objectively I do think September has been better than most of anything that aired this past summer. But most of us here do know how ridiculous this "woe Sonny has been shot" routine is, so. It's a little much.

• Love 3

I had to LOL when Nick said to Hayden he had to get her better magazines when she was telling Sloan not to give up on love.

And farewell Michael Quartermaine, we hardly new ya.  It was fun while it lasted.

While I hate Liz almost as much as I hate Carly I must say her complexion is flawless.  I guess lying like a cheap toupee is good for the skin.  One of the reasons  haven't taken up permanent residence on the barge is I am still waiting for her to get what is coming to her regarding her doing what she did to Britt and Ben.  Karma, bitch.

OT, however: today is 9/11.Never forget my fellow snarkers, never forget.

• Love 5

All the Sonny worship is so annoying and cheesy that I doubt the ratings will be able to rebound. It's a re-run of the Fluke/Luke glorification days, deja vu. Whitewashing the bad guy to recycle him and set him up for more bad deeds in the future.

C'mon, writers. Make Sonny impotent, having to bear the realization that Snarly goes out on him with young studs because he can't keep her satisfied. Let TJ see how his bright future and athletic body could change if he continues to hang with the mobster,

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 5

It's all so stupid because the fact that an innocent person - TJ - was kidnapped to be used as bait to shoot Sonny should be major red flags. This is one of the reasons why Michael fought for custody of AJ. But not in this town, instead we'll have a hospital wing dedicated to Sonny while the entire town pays respects to him. How long until TJ emancipates himself and takes Sonny's name. I don't know why I even bother getting off the barge to watch this but it's like my brain refuses to believe what's happening.

• Love 2

Ric looked so pathetic during those scenes with Carly and Michael. He and Sonny barely have a relationship so him trying to proclaim himself as Sonny's One True Relative was laughable. The only way he could have looked any worse is if he had run into Liez and begged her for another chance.

Julian can be so smarmy at times.

Are we really supposed to wonder if Liez is about to tell Jakeson the truth? Really? Get the fuck out of here with that shit.

• Love 3

I don't think Lulu did anything except be pointless in the scene. I guess they wanted her there to here the "wandering eye" comment but they didn't need her there to get Dante riled up over it.

Julian's lines about pouting and sulking him to death were hilarious.

I was so hoping TJ was still in Sonny's room when Morgan came in. I wanted Morgan to push him aside and be like IT'S MY TIME WITH DADDY.

I was referring to Lulu yelling what the actual witness, Olivia had told her. She had already just told Julian and Dante what Olivia should have said herself at the PCPD, so Lulu repeating and yelling the info. sounded idiotic to me. I suddenly wanted Tracy to appear and say to Lulu, "Your outrage toward the alleged shooter of the man who shot your husband point-blank in the chest and almost killed him makes me wonder what has become of you, Lulu. Whatever happened to the very justified hatred of Sonny?" 

Julian's lines were truly hilarous. I would have LOLed if Morgan did that. 

• Love 4

I really dislike the bogus mob stuff. It's a soap opera, not TNT.

If I want a well done soap opera linking crime, cops, and hospitals, I will watch NBCs linked Chicago shows where they have the budget and ability to tell good stories. GH doesn't have the quality of writers or the budget to make this story good or watchable.

• Love 3

I really dislike the bogus mob stuff. It's a soap opera, not TNT.

If I want a well done soap opera linking crime, cops, and hospitals, I will watch NBCs linked Chicago shows where they have the budget and ability to tell good stories. GH doesn't have the quality of writers or the budget to make this story good or watchable.

Budget is an easy and frankly no excuse. If GH had great storytelling, all the scenes could take place in front of a curtain with only props, context, and the acting creating the sets in our minds.

The GH I fell in love with in the 90's had nothing to do with the sets and other production values. Dont get me wrong, the show had some amazing sets and overall production values, but they only enhanced an amazing product. I cameand stayed for Robin, Felicia, Mac, etc, not the budget.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3

DIE SONNY DIE!!!

Annnnnndddd, good-bye Michael Quartermaine. We hardly knew ye.Ugh. Enough of the Sonny-propping. Everything with Carly, organ and TJ is ff material for me. They are all horrific.

Why is Haydn still there? She brings absolutely nothing to the table. 

They replaced Sloane - but I have to ask - why? This actor is just as terrible (if only slightly better-looking).

Blah blah blah Sam blah blah blah Patrick blah

Lord, there is nothing worth rooting for.

Edited by fishsanwitt
  • Love 2

If they're going to make a mobster the lead character, MAKE HIM A MOBSTER.

But he's a good mobster.  He doesn't have prostitution or drugs in his organization.  He goes to church, donates money to the widows and orphans -- the result of his bidness.  And who could forget the Stone AIDS wing at GH, with the dirty money that went towards funding it.  The man is a saint.

• Love 3
He essentially SHOULD tell Sam that if she can't stay away from Jake and guns and the mob, that he won't be OK with that and at some point, their relationship won't end up working out.

That would make him weak and unmanly! If people can't deal with violence and the mob, they need to leave Port Charles and live in Wusstown.

The little-boy pictures of Tequan were ADORABLE. So cute!

I get why Anna is upset that Sloane double-crossed her, but on the other hand, it's Sloane. He's a weasel and she knows it.

They replaced Sloane - but I have to ask - why? This actor is just as terrible (if only slightly better-looking).

The other actor refused to come back.

It's a short-term job, and Grayson McCouch (nuSloane) wanted a longer gig.

LOL that Sloane "took the heat from Jake and Sam." Yeah, they looked at him with really sour expressions on their faces.

I really wanted everyone talking to Sonny to be so emotional for him that it killed him. Alas, 'twas not to be. Too bad Morgan didn't yell Sonny to death.

How fucked up is that Carly comforted TJ by telling him Sonny would have helped any of his kids who were kidnapped, not that she was sorry he was kidnapped in the first place and it must have been awful for him.

But he's a good mobster.  He doesn't have prostitution or drugs in his organization.  He goes to church, donates money to the widows and orphans -- the result of his bidness.  And who could forget the Stone AIDS wing at GH, with the dirty money that went towards funding it.  The man is a saint.

I'd be okay with this if there were people in PC who were allowed to hate Sonny and not be ridiculed by the rest of the town for it. But there's no balance, and it's ridiculous.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

One of the reasons  haven't taken up permanent residence on the barge is I am still waiting for her to get what is coming to her regarding her doing what she did to Britt and Ben.  Karma, bitch.

Oh, I do think Liz is going to be exposed and humiliated at a public event (likely her wedding).

So Julian is gonna die in a hail of bullets just minutes before Dante receives the evidence exonerating him, right? And Jake will kill him because he's gone back to work for Sonny even though he doesn't have his memory back, then go on to his wedding to Liz where Hayden remembers and exposes his true identity (& that Liz & Nik knew). [/spec]

I'm still standing in the "Punch TJ" line.

Oh Anna, just sex up Jordan and I'm sure the two of you can figure out a way to get your gun from Sloane. Aren't you the super spy? Why can't you sneak into his abode, find the gun and destroy/get rid of it?

Patrick had a backbone for five minutes, then realized he wouldn't get laid by his danger-loving adventure buddy and his spine fell out. And Liz's "I'm so scared the truth will come out" face would have more resonance if I believed she really felt guilty about lying.

THE, Everyone Who Cares About Sonny Including Sonny, THE

• Love 6

Why is everyone in Port Charles accusing Julian of being the only viable suspect in Sonny's shooting?  No one has considered that there are at least 5 mob families doing business in NY.  Is Sonny's tunnel vision contagious and has everyone caught it?

Does anyone close to him know about his pirouette and shoot attack on a rival mobster at a meeting recently? 

And then Sam is shot right when he remembers.

Sam getting shot (maybe in his arms?) probably triggers his memory returning.

Does anyone close to him know about his pirouette and shoot attack on a rival mobster at a meeting recently?

I don't think so because no one has commented on his grace and courage in that situation.

We think not. The snitch situation in PC is dire.

Snitches get stitches.

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 3

Yup. If only the writing was there. Why can't it ever match up!?

I thought their scenes, especially after Sloane left, were a little too heavy on the "love" foreshadowing, but I've been shipping it for a while now, so I won't complain. But I do think most of their other scenes have been written well. I loved that Hayden doesn't stop asking questions, and is making Nik sweat. I like that the sappiness of the "love" conversation is counteracted by a vive of suspense, almost of danger, in their dynamic. It's kind of goth, I have to say.

Julian has proven to me today that I can only tolerate him when he is with Alexis. Not a fan of Sonny, or Morgan at all, but his cockiness today was almost cartoonish.

OldNew Sloane is starting to grow on me. Maybe it's because, while I could never stand him, he does seem to have genuine feelings for Anna, and her being my Queen makes me appreciate that. Also, I'm pretty sure we wont be seeing him for long, anyway.

Sam getting shot (maybe in his arms?) probably triggers his memory returning.

And she whispers "Jason" just as her eyes close and she passes out.

Then Patrick has to operate (because he's the only surgeon in town and Liz can't see 'cause the tears have blinded her) and has to make some decision and Jase is all, "I'm still legally her husband!" Patrick is like, "Like hell you are! How do we know you're really Jason!? Robin said you died!" Jason responds, "Yeah, dude, where she at?"

/all my spec ends with "Where's Robin?"

But I do think most of their other scenes have been written well.

It might just be me, but I just think their scenes are getting really repetitive.

• Love 4