Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Doing my weekly GH-athon and I'm loving Ghost Silas and Recap Silas. I actually miss ME a lpt. I think I'd feel bad for Keeks if I weren't subjected to Brother Lover Kiki or Kiki and Frrrriieennds. I'm positive Morgan or Ava killed Dr. McBain,Vampire MD.

I gotta say shut up Elizabeth. She prays for a "sign" and in walks Jason's real wife. She sits there and says "omg I'm so guilty" and in walks the dude's wife, talking about Jason. This is clearly my point of no rwturn for Stalker Nurse. And I loved Jason with Water myself. I just can't deal with more lame ass, fake justifications. No man, no peen is that golden.

• Love 2

Um, on-topic, why do we have to go through this stupid quad with Dante/Lulu/Dillon/Valerie?

At least we're not having to suffer through the Cameron/Emma/Spencer/Joss quad this summer, but I'm not sure it's much of an improvement.

• Love 3

What is going on with Liz's eyebrows? She's got a real Joan Crawford thing going on lately.

I prefer this to the plucked to within an inch of their life brows she's been sporting for years. I don't know who looked worse, over-tanned Sam or Casper Liz. Talk about contrast...I thought Jake of the cornfield was at camp

• Love 1
I prefer this to the plucked to within an inch of their life brows she's been sporting for years. I don't know who looked worse, over-tanned Sam or Casper Liz. Talk about contrast...I thought Jake of the cornfield was at camp

Usually I'd vote for the overtan look as worse, but Liz has been looking kinda shiny lately, skin-wise.

Did Snarly really say something about wanting to keep Jake on reserve just in case that she and Sonny don't work out?

She was kidding.

I wonder, if when she finds out Valerie slept with Dante, she will kick her out of the house or make her breakfast for proving her right about Dante being a cheating bastard finally.

• Love 1

Did Snarly really say something about wanting to keep Jake on reserve just in case that she and Sonny don't work out?

She was kidding.

Only half-kidding, imo. And when she finds out he's Jason…the half will disappear.

I wonder, if when she finds out Valerie slept with Dante, she will kick her out of the house or make her breakfast for proving her right about Dante being a cheating bastard finally.

Carly: He's just like his father!

• Love 5

Are you fucking kidding me?  

About the only way they could liven up this ridiculous story is if someone digs up the wedding picture and it shows either two men or two women standing together.

• Love 2

Carly doesn't personally dislike Val (Val hasn't done anything to her) but I think she will forever have a grudge against Dante. If Carly does at some point trash talk Dante, I'd love for Ghost!AJ to snark at her a la Ghost/Conscience!Silas.  'Very nice Carly, shading your stepson-in-law to be. Doesn't that mean your cousin will also be your stepdaughter-in-law? Although I get that won't even cause a blink after you banged your mom's husband and me and my brother. Anyway, Dante's a prince compared to his father - how many kids does Sonny have now with how many different women?  He shot you, shot his eldest son, got our son shot ... I guess his daughter's safe for the moment since she doesn't live here. If that poor little baby girl is smart she'll ditch you two and try to crawl to freedom as soon as as her little legs can get moving. Truly amazing you're choosing to marry that thug again ... I guess I just never really pictured you being this big of a loser for all the world to see, you know? Well, time to go haunt Ava now if Silas is done. See ya!'

• Love 4

I agree with backhometome - seems like Danny got recast again. 

He is pretty new but he has been on a few times before.  He was at the Q mansion when Sam and Sabrina talked, and he was at the 4th of July fireworks. I believe this is the 3rd Danny now.

If Ron wasn't maintaining media/Twitter silence at the moment, I'm sure he'd be crowing that he planned this twist with Brad/Rosalie all along, just like his BS claims about the Eli story on OLTL.  When it could not be more obvious how on the fly this was made up.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

If Ron wasn't maintaining media/Twitter silence at the moment, I'm sure he'd be crowing that he planned this twist with Brad/Rosalie all along, just like his BS claims about the Eli story on OLTL.  When it could not be more obvious how on the fly this was made up.

But there was a prominent sign on screen today that said "written by Ron Carlivati," so he got his two cents of crowing in. And why in the name of all that's holy is Tony Geary's scowling mug still appearing periodically in the show's introduction? I thought he had been successfully exorcised from my show. Better continue to keep the Holy Water handy for sprinkling the screen,

I wanted to throw up when Sonny called Carly "the mother of that little girl up there" (baby Avery). Again those two apparently have fantasies of being the biological parents of an unrelated child, like when they insisted they were AJ's parents. It's a way of assuming unwarranted control of the child's decisions, development, and destiny. So selfish and egotistical.

Wooden Nathan almost gave the game away about Dante's infidelity when Maxie grilled him in bed, but his mind was wiped clean of all rational thought by hormones less than a second later. 

How did Jake/Jason get the money for a diamond ring that Liz would stare at and exclaim over? She should be questioning whether he "found" it when it "fell off the truck".

• Love 4

What kind of person comes home to a family of three boys and brings only one child a gift? What the hell, Jakeson? You aren't going to win Father of the Year doing crap like that.

Finally, Rosalie's secret is out. Zzzzzzzz

I liked "Jonesie." Wonder if Lucas calls him "Drakesie or Patprick"?

• Love 10

"Jonesie" would have been cute if it was said by like, Maxie or Spinelli, lol. Patrick hasn't ever spoken like this until this past year, with the "Sammy" and "Samantha" crap. But if he calls Sabrina "Sobby" next, I might let that one slide.

• Love 6

"Jonesie" would have been cute if it was said by like, Maxie or Spinelli, lol. Patrick hasn't ever spoken like this until this past year, with the "Sammy" and "Samantha" crap. But if he calls Sabrina "Sobby" next, I might let that one slide.

I think the cutesy names were a way for Ron to say these characters are friends and connected vs writing stories/scenes to show they are close friends & family

• Love 3

What kind of person comes home to a family of three boys and brings only one child a gift? What the hell, Jakeson? You aren't going to win Father of the Year doing crap like that.

I know! [/Monica Gellar] It annoyed me beyond reason. 

I was kinda amused by the reveal that Brad is married to Rosalie. Got me curious. It's probably a green card/don't want my conservative Asian family to know I'm gay thing.

I'm willing to half pay attention on Monday.

I'm so sick of Valerie's bullshit. Her freakout at the PCPD when Dante walked in covered in blood was melodramatic, unnecessary, and made me want someone to throat punch her. Shut your desperado ass up.

Ava and Nina are so fucking stupid fighting over some damn phone. Why can't they just kill each other and be done with it.

Sam needs to keep an eye on Danny and make sure Dead Now Alive Jake doesn't do anything to him.

Still waiting for the talking tree to be chopped down. Maxie is useless when she's around him.

Am I supposed to care that useless Brad is married to useless Rosalie? These two baboons need to be shot in the face.

• Love 3

How did Jake/Jason get the money for a diamond ring that Liz would stare at and exclaim over? She should be questioning whether he "found" it when it "fell off the truck".

It would be amusing if in some random scene someone had the tv on and we heard a news report that a jewelry store had been robbed.  Seriously, dude has no job and was employed for like 2 days.  I am not sure how big his bonus check was, but I am sure not enough to cover his room at Kelly's, living expenses, AND a big ass tacky diamond ring.  I doubt Jake could even afford cubic zirconia at this point.  The stupid, it burns.

So are we to assume that Hayden really isn't faking with that flashback she had?  Otherwise why show us she remembered throwing that vase with a surprised look on her face?   Oh I know....I don't care.

Sam's face when she saw that picture was fantastic.  I wonder if anything more will come from that.  Those 2 boys looked as happy to be playing together as Sam/Liz often look when they spend time together.   And how clever was it that Jake walked in as soon as Sam said it was a shame Jason wasn't here to see it??  SO CLEVER.  It was even more clever the 100th time this has happened.   END THIS SHIT ALREADY.

• Love 12
Apparently, in Port Charles, all you need to do for a DNA test is put the kid in a room with some motorcycles and pasta and see what they do.

And a glass of whiskey. Remember, Ethan and Luke are definitely father and son because they lift a glass to their mouth exactly the same way.

she and Jax stole Nik's son from him. I know it was only Spencer, but still.

Remember when we were all mad about that? Now I can only think that Nik has the shitty son he deserves.

You're assuming Carly still lives at her house. 

Drakesie

I want everyone to start calling Patrick this. It's so, so terrible.

Sam needs to keep an eye on Danny and make sure Dead Now Alive Jake doesn't do anything to him.

Seriously. He always looks like he's deciding where to start skinning someone alive.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

It would be amusing if in some random scene someone had the tv on and we heard a news report that a jewelry store had been robbed.  Seriously, dude has no job and was employed for like 2 days.  I am not sure how big his bonus check was, but I am sure not enough to cover his room at Kelly's, living expenses, AND a big ass tacky diamond ring.  I doubt Jake could even afford cubic zirconia at this point.  The stupid, it burns.

Liez probably gave Jakeson her credit card to buy the ring.

• Love 6

What's that red wheel thing in Dante and Lulu's apartment, over by the window? 

gh-04-24-13-1.jpg

It looks like a roulette or ship's wheel with numbers.  Maybe they have a carnival game? 

And during teh sex where was Rocco, the most wanted and loved baby evah, under the bed?

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 1

Just watched Wed-Fri this morning...in record time.  FF is my friend. 

Ron is going out in a blaze of shite-encrusted-glory.  To me he saw the writing on the wall and is doing as much damage as he can before he was gone.  I don't even get any logic to anything (my friends and family tell me I needed to be a lawyer). 

I'm a headin' to the barge again.  Tell me when it's safe to return.  Duke Lavery/Anna Devane deck please.

It's sad 'cause I really like a few of these actors (LW--MW--RoHo--RH--TC--RB--NLG--WdV)....a couple more but most of these folks are a waste of space and air but just can't see them used and abused any longer.

• Love 3

I was kinda amused by the reveal that Brad is married to Rosalie. Got me curious. It's probably a green card/don't want my conservative Asian family to know I'm gay thing.

Not that I expect logic and sense to come into play here, but in either of these scenarios, wouldn't Brad and Rosalie have had to been living together as fake husband and wife, or at least be in contact?  It sounds like they didn't know where each other were for over a year.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

I think the cutesy names were a way for Ron to say these characters are friends and connected vs writing stories/scenes to show they are close friends & family

Exactly. Samtrick was constructed based on the number of times they each said the words "adventure buddies." Ron ain't slick.

Maxie is useless 

useless Brad  useless Rosalie

Apt descriptions, but it may be more efficient to just write useless X [insert a lot of character names here] = [insert appropriate insult here]

So are we to assume that Hayden really isn't faking with that flashback she had?  Otherwise why show us she remembered throwing that vase with a surprised look on her face?   Oh I know....I don't care.

I was assuming she remembered information like her name, the scam, and the Nik, Liz, Jakeson stuff, but not everything she's done just before the coma.

Little Jake has loved motorcycles for a long time, there is a scene of Jason playing with the child outside of Kelly's diner while Liz and Lucky looked on.  Also, the hospital scene where Jake is talking about his yellow and blue motorcycles.

Cam and Aiden probably have lots and lots of toys, but Jake has only one or two so it made perfect sense for Jake to bring the boy a toy.  

BH is pale, but KeMo looks like she lives at the beach.

Nine years ago on Friday, Liason NOP (Night of Passion) played out and the little boy watching his parents become engaged was the highlight of the show, IMO!  Liason, baby!

Darn.  I was hoping Rosalie was gone for good and she pops up on my screen.

Lante are just so damned boring.

Maxie should just go work for Julian.

Liz is bad and Sam is good..... RME.  with the heavy plot crap.  If Jason and Jake had not been killed off there is no way that Jake would be playing with Danny.

• Love 1

I for one am tired of all the motorcycle anvils re: Jake(son) and Jake.

Me too, but mostly because I don't understand why these children, who barely had interaction with their father, have the inherent qualities of brain damaged Jason Morgan...and not Jason Quartermaine.

• Love 13

Me too, but mostly because I don't understand why these children, who barely had interaction with their father, have the inherent qualities of brain damaged Jason Morgan...and not Jason Quartermaine.

I know, why aren't one of these kids watching Rudolph the Reindeer claymation on an endless loop? Or love Bambi or something. Who I know is only a deer and not of the rein variety but still. "Oh, Jake would always be Bambi before the kidnapping but now he always wants to be Bambi's mom and re-enact her death scene, but I don't think it's anything we should be too concerned about."

I do agree with you that the "sammy" stuff is dumb (so is Nathan's "Max" nickname) but Jonesy is something I can actually picture the other people at the hospital calling him, including Patrick. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

Nine years ago on Friday, Liason NOP (Night of Passion) played out and the little boy watching his parents become engaged was the highlight of the show, IMO!  Liason, baby!

More like ignoring their big moment (IDGAF attitude, LOL), in favor of taking his new toy to show his brothers. That, to me, is why it's a highlight of the show. Even a recently returned 8-year-old is over these two. It's just too hard to actually take Liz's tears of joy seriously or feel a moment of happiness for the character when she's been written as so utterly pathetic. Also, BM isn't playing Jakeson at all like SBu's Jason behaved toward Liz ever, and the kid had so little contact with Jason when he was a toddler, that the scene just has no emotional impact whatsoever (IMO).

• Love 6

More like ignoring their big moment (IDGAF attitude, LOL), in favor of taking his new toy to show his brothers. That, to me, is why it's a highlight of the show. Even a recently returned 8-year-old is over these two. It's just too hard to actually take Liz's tears of joy seriously or feel a moment of happiness for the character when she's been written as so utterly pathetic. Also, BM isn't playing Jakeson at all like SBu's Jason behaved toward Liz ever, and the kid had so little contact with Jason when he was a toddler, that the scene just has no emotional impact whatsoever (IMO).

For me, the emotional impact isn't there for a variety of reasons. But the MAIN one is I've never enjoyed couples or "moments" like that when they come at the suffering and expense of other characters. Why would I be squeeing over Liason when Sam is still mourning her husband and Liz is keeping him from her? Or if Sam and Patrick get engaged, for example, why would I be awwwing when I know Robin is chained to a wall and Jason is alive? The payoff for a couple comes when there's no outside force lingering in the background.

• Love 6

HeatLifer - Agreed. I don't see how even a tiny squee would be anticipated from the audience when 'please please please don't let anyone ever find out' is written across Liz's face as she embraced Jakeson with tears in her eyes - after seeing Jason's wife in the chapel missing Jason and talking about Jakeson.  I guess I'm comparing it a little bit in my mind to Jason proposing to Liz while she was pregnant with Jake and he was still in a relationship with Sam. While it was so wrong, terrible timing, and more, at least there was a long history between Liz and Jason for the emotional component to have some impact. I didn't feel *utterly disgusted* by it. In this case, there's no there there (short time span/lack of build up, no memory, and Jason was never a father to Jake) on top of the outside forces making it impossible for a payoff for this couple. Liz is just living a fantasy.

• Love 7

Nine years ago on Friday, Liason NOP (Night of Passion) played out and the little boy watching his parents become engaged was the highlight of the show, IMO!

Liez walking up 15 flights of stairs during a blackout and Sam having nasty floor sex with Ric to facilitate the Jiz Night of Humping and the creation of **** was cruel and unusual punishment. I thought **** being squashed in the street would end Jiz for good. I was wrong. Four years later, Liez is still desperate for Jason's dick and a devastating turn of events has revealed that **** is alive after all. I'm disgusted. 

• Love 7

Now that I've seen Wednesday and Thursday's episodes, I actually don't have a problem with Ghost/Conscience!Silas snarking on Ava (that said, if this indeed was the fourth recent time RC went to that well...even with its status as a sort of modern soap cliche, dayum).  What irritated me a bit is that the show went out of its way via that to allude that Ava whacked...well, "betrayed" him, which really just reinforced my belief that she did not.  And that all brings us back to Morgan and Kiki; if one of them did it, they had to have blocked it out and I'm really ambivalent as to whether I want to see BC try to emote this particular revelation.  (Hayley Erin gets the benefit of the doubt.)

Scott resigning as DA to represent his grown-ass son and Mayor Lomax bringing in Ric as interim DA...I don't get it at all.  I guess it saved casting money or something, but it was stupid.

And the whole Quad of Doom thing...Brytni Sarpy's stupid hotness can only distract from so much anvilania, y'all.  I think I'm just waiting to see how this all implodes, and to hell with the intervening crap.

• Love 2

Liez walking up 15 flights of stairs during a blackout and Sam having nasty floor sex with Ric to facilitate the Jiz Night of Humping and the creation of **** was cruel and unusual punishment. I thought **** being squashed in the street would end Jiz for good. I was wrong. Four years later, Liez is still desperate for Jason's dick and a devastating turn of events has revealed that **** is alive after all. I'm disgusted. 

It would be one thing if Young Jake had a reason to be resurrected beyond looking like he wants to gut people while they sleep, but there was none beyond simple fan service and because Ron's creatively-bankrupt self wanted an "a-ha!" moment to hide the fact that his plots had no point at all.

And even RC waved away motive, just wanting people to go with it and hand wave this crap. Which, no. If one is not a Liz fan, why the hell shouldn't folks want a true explanation?!

• Love 6

It still tickles me that some people call it The Night of Passion and some people call it Summer of Sleaze. MMV indeed.

Agreed, I always thought all the events leading up to the sex were contrived as shit so Jason could cheat and remain a freaking saint. Guza couldn't help but write in RH's pregnancies for some odd reason.

It was so contrived that I never held any of the events against the characters except for Jason, lol.

When it comes to Liz or Sam, I always think of the southern adage, "I don't have a dog in this hunt".

ETA : I was surprised to see that Brad/Lucas would be on Monday with follow-up from Friday vs seeing them again in 2-3 weeks.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 4

In this case, there's no there there (short time span/lack of build up, no memory, and Jason was never a father to Jake) on top of the outside forces making it impossible for a payoff for this couple. Liz is just living a fantasy.

Exactly. It's a complete fantasy. The fact is, Jake is not Jason right now. Jake, who has no memory and is clearly just grateful someone took him in and gave him an insta-family (Patrick does that, too, Jake, and he's a fancy neurosurgeon!), may be in "love" with Liz, but Jason isn't. To me, THAT should be part of Liz's ultimate fear. Jason remembering and not being in love with her.

• Love 4

Agreed, I always thought all the events leading up to the sex were contrived as shit so Jason could cheat and remain a freaking saint. Guza couldn't help but write in RH's pregnancies for some odd reason.

Jason and Sam were broken up when Sam and Ric had sex on the floor and then Jason and Liz had sex in the Penthouse. The people officially cheating that night were Ric (on his wife, Alexis), Lucky (on his wife, Elizabeth) when he was caught w/Maxie, and Elizabeth (on her husband, Lucky) when Jason initiated and she went for it. Sam's "he cheated on me" later on was just b.s. He was written to look like Elizabeth's victim (esp. in Carly and Sam's scripts) when Elizabeth was torn about Jason, Lucky, and her boys' safety.

Becky was not pregnant at the time Liz was pregnant with Jake. Her first pregnancy was hidden, her second pregnancy was when Liz was pregnant with Cam, and her 3rd was when Liz was pregnant with Aiden. 

• Love 4

I haven't watched the show in about a month now and I don't miss it at all. Surprising because I've been such a devoted viewer since Ron returned (I was off the show for years because I couldn't take another minute of the Bob Guza Show starring Sonny, Jason and Carly). But it doesn't sound like I'm missing much of anything interesting - which isn't something that the show's advertisers would like to hear at all.

Does anyone know when Ron's last show airs? - I think I'll start a few days before that because he's sure to throw in some bitchy things ... he's been so unprofessional so far, I would only expect him to work in a few nasty cuts to the network. And then, I think I'll enjoy watching the new team (even if they prove ultimately to be awful) try to clean up the incredible mess he left behind.

ETA: I should say, I was a huge fan of his writing (well, most of it anyway) on OLTL and the first year on GH was pretty great... the combination of the two shows was really great even if die hard GHers didn't like it..... and I thought that there have been moments of brilliance... but the last year and a half, man... not good. Not good at all.

Edited by DayPlayerAtKellys
  • Love 3
Apparently, in Port Charles, all you need to do for a DNA test is put the kid in a room with some motorcycles and pasta and see what they do.

Still a far more accurate test than a blood test done in the GH lab.

• Love 12

Still a far more accurate test than a blood test done in the GH lab.

Indeed.  So when Avery starts talking, we should all be on the lookout to see if she uses the words "bro" and "dude" a lot.  Or if she says "BETRAYAL" and "bitchslutwhore" and loves throwing barware.  Those will be the DNA markers for who her daddy is.

• Love 9

When it could not be more obvious how on the fly this was made up.

I mean I think everyone here guessed this was Brad's big secret when he eventually started talking about a big secret. I'd like to know why RC had Brad proposing since he knew he was married. You know due to all that planning RC does. Whatever indeed.

• Love 8

I mean I think everyone here guessed this was Brad's big secret when he eventually started talking about a big secret. I'd like to know why RC had Brad proposing since he knew he was married. You know due to all that planning RC does. Whatever indeed.

Yeah if Ron really had a plan for Brad's Big Secret, he would have had Lucas propose at the Nurses Ball and Brad accept out of love but knowing that he's already married.... but I think he just did that thing that Ron does - not thinking through the stories ahead of time (but regular viewers know this already).

• Love 2

I want SAM to be the one to really go off on Liz. Not Carly, which I fear. "You bitch! That was my best friend!!" No. I want Sam to get mad, while Monica has a broom a'la Cooki. Michael can do some corporate evil stuff. Buy the hospital or something.

Sam does deserve to go off on Lizzie.

But Monica and Michael and any biological relations left deserve to go off on that sociopath more than anyone else.

And how is a straight woman married to a gay man supposed to be some sort of shameful secret in this day and age? Wouldn't most consider Rosalie to be some kind of hero, marrying him to protect him from the apparently EVIL majority who would never even actually register him on their radar?

As for Ava, nothing will ever convince me that that bitch deserves to raise another child, nor that she and crazy Nina are now even, so they can both, along with Julian and Franco, and never be mentioned again and I'll be happy,

I still don't understand how whatever Nina did to disgusting Ava somehow wipes out what that cowardly bitch did to AJ and Connie before him. She deserved every bit of suffering she got after that and here hopes the sociopath suffers even more before she has an even less dignified exit than her victims did.

Edited by katie9918
  • Love 6