Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)

On the other hand, I don't want Nikolas to have a reason for his actions that will exonerate him.  I want him to go down and go down HARD when he is exposed.

I want him on the streets, eating moldy BLT's out of the garbage behind Kelly's.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11

In other news, I'm glad Tracy told Luke to take a hike.  But her and Paul already sleeping together means we're probably not in for any serious romance there.

I was only paying half attention, but I think they heard Luke coming in and ran upstairs to pretend to have slept together. I have nothing on which to base that, though.

I fully support the return of Dead Baby Jake because it made no sense that they killed him, but even more because I'm tired of hearing about how sad Liz is about his death. It obviously could have been done better (some of y'all should write for this show, I swear), but I think it sets up a potentially interesting story. It seems like we're getting closer to Jakeson figuring out who he really is (a couple of those anvils almost hit me square on the head), and him being with Liz and his son Jake, who Jakeson will have been spending time with and getting to know, when he gets his memories back should really complicate things. We have no idea how much of his memory he'll get back, but obviously his personality has changed regardless. If he gets his whole memory back, he'll remember loving / still love Sam and Danny but will currently be loving Liz again as well as really getting to know Jake for the first time. Maybe the new Jason (new, new Jason?) doesn't want want to go back to being dangerous Jason; maybe he likes being happy and safe and not watching his loved ones get shot down in front of him. Maybe he resents Sonny and Carly for dragging him down into the gutter with them. Crazier things have happened, like a dead baby with no kidneys coming back to life!! I think there's a lot of good story to be told there, and I'm staying optimistic about it. Cautiously optimistic. Veeerrrrrry cautiously optimistic. Anyway, I'm glad little Jake is back and I'm willing to forgive the ham-fisted way it was done, especially in light of the timing issues with TG, JJ, and GF.

I also sort of like what they did with Lucky and Nik. Lucky's feelings are a little nuts but he's always been this overly emotional and misguidedly earnest guy and so I can accept his "I'm a great dad as long as I don't have to be around my kids" thing. Not that I believe it, mind you, but I can accept him thing himself into believing it. And Nik played on Lucky's feelings perfectly albeit cruelly. And I like mean Nik.

I'm feeling so cheery that I'm going to ignore everything Sonny and Carly related.

• Love 3

Nik has apparently forgotten that Sam goes BSburn the house down with everyone inside Cray when she's kept away from Jasus. Carly can have Liz but I want Sam to do terrible terrible things to Nik

• Love 7

To kind of piggyback off of you, Turtle, I think it would behoove the show for Jason to remember everyone and everything; every important relationship, etc. That will make everything so much more emotional and dramatic. If he doesn't get those memories back and he just "knows" he's Jason because he was told...I see the ratings taking an even larger nosedive.

• Love 5

Check her twitter, I am pretty sure I saw something about Helena releasing a tell all book.  It will all be in there.  Look for it in your local bookstore (bookstore? Whats that??  Is it an app on my ipad??) early next year.

Is that why Hells kidnapped Robin, to write her memwahs?

It should be titled "How to slit throats and freeze people".

• Love 8

Good point, Heat. I'd much rather he get these flashes more and more frequently, with each of them lasting a little longer, until he finally has enough info to maybe ask Patrick if his previous surgery looks like Jason's or something, and then when it's confirmed, to have everything come flooding back. There is potential for Jadon to have a lot of conflicting and interesting stuff going on. I may kick myself later for saying this, but I think this Billy fella may have the chops to pull it off.

And honestly, I'm sort of looking forward to whirling dervish Carly. Not looking forward to sputtering Sonny, though.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm sure Lulu will be relieved to know that Carly and Sonny believe her about not having an affair with Dillon. *rme*

LOL at Nik's "I could not be happier for you, Lucky." Very convincing.

Lucky knows he's hurting his kids by not being there, so he decides he shouldn't be there? And there's a "darkness" because of Luke? Ron really hates characters he hasn't created. Lucky should have told everyone that Jakeson is Jason and then fled town because he didn't want to get screamed at by Carly. That's an exit I could believe, not Lucky being mind tricked into leaving by Nik.

I am legit surprised that Ron resisted putting Spencer into the Nik/Lucky scenes. Who better to set Lucky straight than the 10-year-old sage of Windermere?

When Liz walked up the stairs, I noticed she was wearing giant wedges so that she'd be noticeably taller than Jake. Hee.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 8

Well, he will be when he realizes that both Jake and Aiden's daddy's have come back from the dead, so why can't his?

I just can't with Lucky knowing the Jakeson secret and then leaving town... because..... DARKNESS!

Everytime Luke and Lucky spoke about the "DARKNESS" I kept picturing Luke Skywalker talking to his father Darth Vader..

All they needed to say afterwards was, "Let the force be with you!"

• Love 6
(edited)

I like ER's Lulu and always have; I'm a character fan first and recasts don't bother me. Maybe because I know that I have to either get used to them or stop watching, or just start ignoring that character that I used to love, which I can't do. In truth, I never felt JMB was that great. I think she was good at being unbearable to the point of me wanting to punch her-especially during the Georgie/Dillon mess. And yeah, I loved her with Jane-but also love Emme with Jane as well. I think ER is better at playing the mature, stable Lulu. I enjoy both versions, and I think both actresses have good chem with DZ.

I just wish the writers could have come up with something better to cause conflict for Lante than this Valerie OTS garbage. I do adore DZ-but Dante is tainted for me right now.

Dear Luke: when you see a closed bedroom door, unless you hear someone screaming for help on the other side, don't open it. Didn't your mother teach you anything? But thank you for sparing Dillon's retinas. Some things, you just can't unsee.

I do like the father/son chem with Paul/Dillon. Very warm and natural. I look forward to seeing more of them. :)

Liked the Lucky/Nik scene, I'm a sucker for brotherly love, even if I want to punch one of the brothers in the face repeatedly. But does Lucky really need to join the Lying Liars club? The benefits are horrible.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 3
(edited)

I like ER as Lulu, mostly. When they give her real material (Georgie/Connie), which is very rare, I like her a lot. I think she's not been given nearly enough showcase (or good scripts) to prove she can be a leading lady - and maybe she can't, but right now we have no way of knowing. I also think Julie Berman checked out long before she left and it showed. That being said, I would not be averse to another recast.

The problem is, Rylan's Lulu is written as a stock boring heroine, the kind Ron has no interest in. She's either kidnapped or clueless or brainwashed or pregnant. She drives nothing on her own. Characters like Lulu's become nonentities to Ron, and onscreen. He turns them into soccer moms and forgets about them. And this started with Berman, not the recast.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4
(edited)

this just occurred to me - forget about abandoning his kids, I can't believe Lucky abandoned Valerie! Doesn't he know his dad caused her mom to have a heart attack? What a jerk.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 14
(edited)
She's either kidnapped or clueless or brainwashed or pregnant.

That's every woman between the ages of 18 and 40, and clueless goes for everyone.

this just occurred to me - forget about abandoning his kids, I can't believe Lucky abandoned Valerie! Doesn't he know her mom died three months ago? What a jerk.

I know you're being facetious, but does Lucky know Valerie exists?

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

I like ER as Lulu, mostly. When they give her real material (Georgie/Connie), which is very rare, I like her a lot. I think she's not been given nearly enough showcase (or good scripts) to prove she can be a leading lady - and maybe she can't, but right now we have no way of knowing. I also think Julie Berman checked out long before she left and it showed. That being said, I would not be averse to another recast.

The problem is, Rylan's Lulu is written as a stock boring heroine, the kind Ron has no interest in. She's either kidnapped or clueless or brainwashed or pregnant. She drives nothing on her own. Characters like Lulu's become nonentities to Ron, and onscreen. He turns them into soccer moms and forgets about them. And this started with Berman, not the recast.

I'm gonna reply in the Spencer thread - there is actually ONE thing I have not already said 1000 times to you re: Julie Berman, and I just wanted to mention it :) :) :)

• Love 2

I want Sam to do terrible terrible things to Nik

Right on!! Sam held out Jason's retrieved wedding ring that Spencer left at the Drake House. She asked Nikolas about it point blank and he lied to her face. He's known her husband is alive for how many months now and kept it from her? Then he said to her face he's lucky Jason is dead. That eventual confrontation should be quite interesting. I expect that Carly will take on Liz, but I will be very disappointed if Monica and Sam don't aim there rage at Nikolas because he was their family, and Elizabeth found out the truth from him.  They should have been the first to know. 

• Love 8

this just occurred to me - forget about abandoning his kids, I can't believe Lucky abandoned Valerie! Doesn't he know his dad caused her mom to have a heart attack? What a jerk.

And it was just Fourth of July.

• Love 10

Did show ever mention how Lucky was supporting himself during his travels?

Like most able-bodied young people in and from Port Charles, his parents are paying his bills.

• Love 5

Lucky seems to know about the Fluke stuff so he probably knows about Valerie, though, like all her other cousins besides Lucy, his is probably a "Ben is Glory?" fading memory.

• Love 1
(edited)

I've been expecting that one as well. He is also, like Dante, somewhat off-white in complexion, so it's acceptable! Let's not go too crazy with interracial representation in 2015.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 7

Wait, Valerie's mom is DEAD?  THIS IS BRAND NEW INFORMATION/Phoebe Bouffet

Speaking of Monica, the very, very, VERY least Liz can do at this point is bring little Jake by the Q's.

AFTER she brings him to GH for a full work up and maybe even swings by the PCPD to report that her son was ultimately kidnapped.  I assume she will need paperwork to declare him undead?  

• Love 13
(edited)

Nik will be the next person to sleep with Valerie. He hasn't gotten any in ages, and she lives in.

Part of me thinks Nikolas mind gaming Lucky out of town was also about placing himself first in line for Liz once this Jake(son) stuff blows up in her face.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11

I'm SO tired of Nik and Liz's party line of, "Sam is happy with Patty; the Q's are over it!" In another storyline happening at the SAME TIME, Liz and Lucky just got their son back who they thought was dead. Lucky would never do this to Sam or the Q's! It's so RIDIC. Ron doesn't even CARE anymore. Just...wow on so many levels.

Lucky should have rolled his eyes at Nikolas who was so happy (as was Liz) when they discovered that Lucky didn't die in that fire even though it may have seemed as if they got over Lucky's death. Sure it is just Jason, but his loved ones would be thrilled to have him back alive. And the reason we know this is because they are constantly wishing out loud that Jason is alive.

• Love 8

He may have heard that the aunt he never met has a daughter, but I doubt he was told that the stress of Luke's presence and the sound of Carly's voice killed Aunt Pat. (Yes, I'm sticking to that story. Who wouldn't choose death over being introduced to her?)

• Love 7

Nik will be the next person to sleep with Valerie. He hasn't gotten any in ages, and she lives in.

That makes sense, especially since Hayden is now considered a poor wittle victim. She'll probs sleep with Ramoray when she wakes up.

(edited)

He may have heard that the aunt he never met has a daughter, but I doubt he was told that the stress of Luke's presence and the sound of Carly's voice killed Aunt Pat. (Yes, I'm sticking to that story. Who wouldn't choose death over being introduced to her?)

Oh, Pat dying to escape ever having to interact with Carly was the most sensical thing to take place during the entire Fluke story.

Speaking of Carly, I am not looking forward to:

Carly: WTF Elizabeth, Jason's son has been back from the dead for two whole minutes now and you didn't present the seed of Jason to me immediately?  How dare you!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

I want Sam to get her dead baby back and her brother Danny.

Bringing back her dead baby would be simple since Helena is behind everything. And there was an actual window of opportunity for her kid to get switched. No one was in the room with her when she gave birth except Steven Lars. He could have done it to cover up his murder in Memphis since Helena knows all.

I don't care that I saw Danny die with Sam watching. No one is dead on this show.

As far as Lucky knowing about Jason. Yes I would like to see Sam put her foot in his ass for not telling her. Especially after he threw her out of his house when he learned about her part in Jake's kidnapping and then she got chased by the TMK and he didn't believe her. Then that time he told her her life wasn't worth much cause she wasn't a mother even though she had a dead baby under her belt.

There are not enough words on what I want her to do to Nic though. His ass belongs to her. After she finishes him, Jason can have Robin revive him so he can have his turn to beat his ass.

• Love 4

Danny is alive. Her baby with Sonny died.

Please God no more Corinthi... or is it Corinthoses?

Besides, there's a lot of hand-waving I do for soaps. Goes with the territory, but the thought of Sam's baby with Sonny being alive when her own mother is ALSO the mother of one of Sonny's kids via Kristina, and no. That's just too much squick right there.

Of course, Alexis had Kristina before Sam was her retconned kid, but that very retcon has made the notion of resurrecting Sam's first kid as being too gross.

• Love 5
Ron & Company took a real long walk just so that Tony Geary and Jonathan Jackson could have a heartfelt goodbye scene or two.  Too long of a walk. They should have just had them meet up somewhere. In an airport. Whatever.

It's painfully sad isn't it? For viewers who know the Spencer's history the comedown of the prior stable, sensitive and down-to-earth Lucky Spencer is totally absurd. So wacked out not to be taken seriously. Nothing on this show makes any sense. We're so desensitized with people constantly coming back from the dead and doing weird things totally against character that barely anything can raise a genuinely heartfelt response in this mud bath. I suspect Geary has allot to do with it. Changing Luke meant changing all these great characters - Laura, Lucky, Lulu, Bobbi etc. He may have changed daytime TV but he dragged it back down again and he's still flinging mud. The reason Luke and Laura aren't making the cut is because he doesn't want it. The chemistry is still there but what can GF do if Geary is stone faced. Laura is now completely marginalized blankly walking through the mud. Nicholas is now Helena, he's more like her than Stavros or Stefan. That's cool and TC is doing a good job but where's it leading. No-where. Nothing can survive in this dreck.  -  the guy who plays old Jake is great, too bad his story is totally absurd.

• Love 5

I don't care if it is gross. Since nobody is really dead and I am pissed that Sam never got to see or hold her first kid I want her back.

Sure she adds nothing to the canvas. Sonny also doesn't need anymore kids. They act like Sam and Sonny were never a thing so I am good with them continuing to do so.

Hell they can go one better and recon it to make her father Jax or Jason. I don't care.

I also know that Sam's baby Danny is alive. I meant her brother that he is named after.

(edited)
I am legit surprised that Ron resisted putting Spencer into the Nik/Lucky scenes. Who better to set Lucky straight than the 10-year-old sage of Windermere?

"One more thing before I go, though, Nik.  This is awkward, and I don't know how to put it gently, so I'm just going to come right out and say it.  Your kid's an asshole.  Do better." 

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 14

Also according to those who know about Jason, only Elizabeth's kids deserve to have a dad. But screw Sam/Danny who cares about them. 

Wasn't there a big plot point some time back with how Danny calls Patrick, "Daddy"?

I don't think he believes that. I think that's just Liz and Nikolas's terrible rationale. Their superfans might buy into it but it's being presented to the audience as a deeply misguided choice. The bigger problem is that RC believes these characters can do it and be forgiven anything because of their longtime durability.

Which was exactly Guza's attitude towards Elizabeth, and part of the reason why this legacy character is consistently written so terribly.  It's a testament to BH's talent that she manages to keep her character so appealing when it has been so constantly trashed.  She really is the female A.J.

They're all a bunch of Tremere vampires anyway

it mystifies me why writers just don't go all in on their Greek/Russian/Baba Yaga/Cthulu/Elizabeth of Bathory/Dionysian Frenzy/Malkavian mashup 

I smell a White Wolf fan!  ;)

• Love 3

Lucky finding out that Liz knows Jakeson is Jason and deciding let it be and leave town is bullshit.  The real Lucky would have busted Liz and Nick and saw to it Jason Quatermaine were reunited with Sam, his sons and family.  He would have Liz committed and take her boys far away from her crazy pathetic ass.

• Love 15

The ladies get to choose between babiez or crazies as their story options

Let's not forget about the options for crazies for babiez and crazies because of babiez.

I know it's wrong, but I want NotDead Baby Jake to be a terrific asshole so that everyone here hates him just so I can stop trying to remember why I ever started defending Spencer. I still like the little royal jerk (little jerk royal? royal little jerk?) but I'd love to see another child be hated for a bit. Oh- story idea!! Spencer and Jake team up to be the most-hated soap kids ever! Not even kidding- it could be fun.

The ladies get to choose between babiez or crazies as their story options

Let's not forget about the options for crazies for babiez and crazies because of babiez.

I know it's wrong, but I want NotDead Baby Jake to be a terrific asshole so that everyone here hates him just so I can stop trying to remember why I ever started defending Spencer. I still like the little royal jerk (little jerk royal? royal little jerk?) but I'd love to see another child be hated for a bit. Oh- story idea!! Spencer and Jake team up to be the most-hated soap kids ever! Not even kidding- it could be fun.

(edited)

Because Lucky isn't the Holy Hitman. He died for our sins, you know.

Oh, this is brilliant.  It needs to be a t-shirt, a coffee cup at least.

Today was in a single word.....bad.  This show needs help, now!

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 3

I've been trying to articulate my thoughts on this episode, but all I can come up with is: HOW MANY FUCKING CHARACTERS ARE GOING TO BE THROW UNDER THE FUCKING BUS FOR FUCKING JASON?!? The show was so much better, and did much better in the ratings, when that asshole was fish food. It's been one long, miserable slide to hell ever since Victor told Robin that the holy hitman was alive.

I'm trying to make it to Lewq's last episode, but after Lucky was thrown under the bus to prop that bloated Borg douche, I honestly can't take it anymore. Fuck off, Ron!

• Love 15