Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I'd prefer it if Ellie remained unattached, so to spoke, from any "hidden" family connection.  Can't she just be Ellie? And not Nina's or Tracy's secret daughter?

That said, I particularly enjoyed Tracy's and Ellie's interaction way back. But there are ways to put them in orbit with each other. 

And I was gong to type more, but dammit, I'm so bored with this show right now.  I don't care what Nina's secret is.  Or who stole A.J.  Or whether Ava lives or dies.

It's all a pile of "doesn't matter."  It doesn't matter who stole A.J.  She'll be returned, and the kidnapper will face no consequences.  Nina's secret will be a big dud. Even if earth shattering -- I. DON'T. CARE. 

And we all know Ava lives because Michael Logan hasn't had a twitter meltdown about it yet. And given how much he's reacting to

Duke leaving

, if his current favorite were facing the chopping block?  He'd be positively apoplectic.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 4

I haven't watched since the last week of March, due to my DVR being on the fritz. I'm keeping up with all my other shows online but haven't wanted to watch GH that way, because I would be unable to easily FF past all the characters/storylines I hate (this roughly leaves about 25% on average that I watch of an episode).

Would website that shall remain nameless that has episodes broken up into short segments be my best best, and/or is there a way to watch just the storylines I give a damn about? Also, where are the best recaps to read? I don't really want to rely solely on this forum for that. I mainly come here to be with my fellow traumatized comrades for support after watching the show.

I haven't been strong enough to move to the barge, although I spend a few days there from time to time when I know there is going to be something on an episode or two that will result in high blood pressure and angry flecks of spittle on my TV [read: pretty much any overtly outrageous displays of hypocrisy from Sonny, Carly or Morgan].

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 3
I'd prefer it if Ellie remained unattached, so to spoke, from any "hidden" family connection. Can't she just be Ellie? And not Nina's or Tracy's secret daughter?

I would rather her be the one hooking up with Michael than Sabrina and caring for Avery, seeing as she never tried to kill a baby. 

• Love 2

Would website that shall remain nameless that has episodes broken up into short segments be my best best, and/or is there a way to watch just the storylines I give a damn about? Also, where are the best recaps to read? I don't really want to rely solely on this forum for that. I mainly come here to be with my fellow traumatized comrades for support after watching the show.

I've been going back and forth between cable and internet only for a good number of years now and have often relied on that site to watch GH (and other soaps) and I think that's the way to go.  You can FF through it, in a way, there are no commercials, and sometimes fans of particular couples of characters upload just those segments from the current episode.  Plus, the shows are posted there on the same day as broadcast.  

I think it's a good way to watch.

Edited by boes
Everyone who comes to the table with actual good acting is allowed a slip up or two.

Not even Meryl Streep could make some of this crap work.

Well, if Dante's gonna cheat, he might as well service all the women in Port Charles except Nina, his relations, and Kiki. :) Oh, and Carly. No Carly. Or Tracy.

Does Dante even like Carly? Their scenes always seem to be when he's Anna's cop, not Lulu's husband or Sonny's son.

I'd prefer it if Ellie remained unattached, so to spoke, from any "hidden" family connection.  Can't she just be Ellie? And not Nina's or Tracy's secret daughter?

Unfortunately, Ellie can't stay unattached, because one of Ron's weaknesses is to connect everyone to someone already existing on the canvas. It's so lazy and shortsighted, and it's one of the things I like least about his writing.

Edited by dubbel zout

I could kinda see Ellie and Patrick too. And I would love it if Patrick used his douchiness for good and laughed in Spinelli's face if he whined about Patrick sweeping away Ellie on her feet or something like that.

I think I could really like Patrick/Ellie.

Edited by Oracle42

I haven't watched since the last week of March, due to my DVR being on the fritz. I'm keeping up with all my other shows online but haven't wanted to watch GH that way, because I would be unable to easily FF past all the characters/storylines I hate (this roughly leaves about 25% on average that I watch of an episode).

I haven't been strong enough to move to the barge, although I spend a few days there from time to time when I know there is going to be something on an episode or two that will result in high blood pressure and angry flecks of spittle on my TV [read: pretty much any overtly outrageous displays of hypocrisy from Sonny, Carly or Morgan].

The website that shall not be named is fine, though it can be a bit unreliable.

I like HuluPlus.  You have to sit through the commercials, but you can FF the content.  When I was watching more often, I'd wait a couple days, because there seemed to be fewer commercial breaks. 

For those rare days that I wanted to watch it the same day, GH would be loaded by late evening -- about 8:00 p.m. -- the same day.  

It's easy for us to say they've lost all interest in Silas and I think the writers certainly have, but the fact is they re-signed Michael Easton against all odds to keep pushing this endless, boring "romance" with Ava which ruins her character.

I'm catching up on this week's show.  Are Silas and Ava really in a romance?  I mean, I know this is a soap, and particularly in Ron's incarnation of it, the only point of men and women speaking to each other is in lead-up to screwing, but damn, there's nothing less romantic to me than a doctor and a patient so sick she can't get out of bed and is begging to die.  Neither actor seems to be looking particularly interested for that matter, though I guess it might be hard to tell given that Ava is playing a character who is half-dead, and the dude playing Silas has even less energy than a half-dead Ava even on his most alert days.  

Still, there's nothing about this setup to me that screams "lets go on a date when I'm miraculously recovered!"  Silas really needs to go.  There's nothing left for him on the show.

Edited by Rancide
  • Love 2
Everyone who comes to the table with actual good acting is allowed a slip up or two.

Not even Meryl Streep could make some of this crap work.

Yeah. I mean, there have definitely been times when DZ has been lackluster, but it was kind of unfair to me to use that example because no one could make that Stavros crap work. I mean, maybe Meryl Streep could. Maybe.

Does Dante even like Carly? Their scenes always seem to be when he's Anna's cop, not Lulu's husband or Sonny's son.

No.* But it's not like Ron would let that stop him from pairing anyone up. They actually did have one scene a couple of months ago, when Dante came to visit Sonny after he "rescued" everyone on the boat, and Carly lovingly smiled and said "your father wants to see you" or something like that and was just acting like the gentle materfamilias of the whole clan and I was ready to heave a bit.

*But of course he respects her because she loves with her whole heart or whatever.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

I'm catching up on this week's show.  Are Silas and Ava really in a romance?  I mean, I know this is a soap, and particularly in Ron's incarnation of it, the only point of men and women speaking to each other is in lead-up to screwing, but damn, there's nothing less romantic to me than a doctor and a patient so sick she can't get out of bed and is begging to die.  Neither actor seems to be looking particularly interested for that matter, though I guess it might be hard to tell given that Ava is playing a character who is half-dead, and the dude playing Silas has even less energy than a half-dead Ava even on his most alert days.  

Still, there's nothing about this setup to me that screams "lets go on a date when I'm miraculously recovered!"  Silas really needs to go.  There's nothing left for him on the show.

Ron hinted at it in some mag some months back, but he could have been just teasing them and ultimately not put them together. The thing is, as it has been pointed out by you, me and jsbt is that without her, he has no story or purpose. The isolation isn't helping him either, even though Ava's the one I complain about. But it just reinforces how removed from the rest of the canvas he is. I know he's Kiki's dad, but that's not enough to justify keeping him on and re-signing him to a freaking three year contract. He's a doctor, yes, but at this point they could get a dayplayer to do his job.

As far as what's been shown, I could see it being the stepping stone for them getting together. She obviously has always cared about him, so much so that she lied to protect him because she thought he put Nina in the coma. He's a different story. He never showed any kind of feelings towards her, other than utter revulsion, so I hate that this is all so contrived. Ron's writing sucks because he doesn't care if he writes stuff that contradicts itself. You could be all one day, "don't even look at me", and the next "I've always loved you". Ridiculous.

If I had to guess, I would say that Ron will either put them in a rushed romance, headed for marriage or have them decide to marry in order to get custody of Avery. Then Ron can have his favorite trope of an interrupted wedding when Morgan shows up to say that he's the father of Avery.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 2

As far as what's been shown, I could see it being the stepping stone for them getting together. She [Ava] obviously has always cared about him, so much so that she lied to protect him because she thought he put Nina in the coma. He's [silas] a different story. He never showed any kind of feelings towards her, other than utter revulsion

TBH, I think that's just ME's face. Even when Silas was with Sam, he mostly looked half-asleep. Which I guess is better than disgusted, but not by much.

• Love 3

So Micheal Easton is the Tony Romo of General Hospital? He's not the worst in the bunch. But they could trade up. Prospect Park really screwed him.

He's lucky to have a job. He's not even phoning it in. He has a tin can and a string to his ear on the best of days, and it's been this way for years and years, on two different shows.

• Love 7

Good morning - so what shall this week bring in Port Charles?

I spent much of last week hovering between here and the barge - so I'm very curious to see what drama will tempt me this week.

Re last week, I did see that we were given the Sonny/Luke "step" on the Luke Atonement Tour.  Goody!  Honestly, I'd rather the writers not bother.  Luke has been a gray character - sometimes verging on black - but I've dealt with that long ago and feel no need to explain away every misdeed of the past.  Move on!

So Dante is making a new friend, Valerie Spencer.  It's good to see him allowed out to play with others for a bit.  So far, I like her - and I'm interesting in learning more about her.  However, I don't want her to start her stay in Port Charles by being tarred and feathered for what is likely another bit of "faux angst" for the show's token happy couple - Lante.   Maybe something will happen this time with that boring couple ... but I'm not expecting it to ... not yet anyway ... there should first be more internal struggle within this "photo-op" Lante marriage before getting into clichéd third parties.  Avoid the OOC "cheating" branding for Dante, but shake that happy couple pedestal with internal conflicts.   The material is there to do so ... just not sure if RC knows how to use it.

In the meantime, I liked the Valerie/Dante scenes ... they have a good vibe ... and, if nothing else, they can be really good friends while Valerie explores Port Charles. 

Olivia and Ned - I liked them - past tense - because we all know what is happening there.  Another example of RC wasting time.

But, of course, it's much more important to show Franco once again ingratiating himself into the Quartermaine world.  Mr. C will do ANYTHING to put Todd where he wants him to be.

Poor Michael - I do hope he has hit rock bottom and that we see an upswing soon in his life.

Well, there was more last week - but it's a blur.  And, besides, my computer is insisting on a restart to install some upgrades.  Any chance I can some GH upgrades in the process?  

Later.

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 1

soapcentral.com also has a good archive. And less annoying that then soaps.sheknows website (nothing wrong with thier content, I just find the ads off-putting)

Adblock or Adblock plus is your friend. Assuming you use Chrome or Firefox. 

Good morning - so what shall this week bring in Port Charles?

More stupidity. 

Well, there was more last week - but it's a blur.  And, besides, my computer is insisting on a restart to install some upgrades.  Any chance I can some GH upgrades in the process?

The GH upgrade is incompatible with your (or any) current operating system. 

Any attempt to install the aforementioned upgrade will be regarded as an illegal operation and the computer will be shut down. 

This is a known, fatal system error.

Do not attempt to fix this problem yourself. 

Would you like some wine instead?

• Love 15

The GH upgrade is incompatible with your (or any) current operating system. 

Any attempt to install the aforementioned upgrade will be regarded as an illegal operation and the computer will be shut down. 

This is a known, fatal system error.

Do not attempt to fix this problem yourself. 

Would you like some wine instead?

This is too funny!  Thank you.  On my way now to replenish my wine supply! 

April 16th, 2015-the day when Ned Quartermaine, aka "Eddie Maine," officially became dead to me. Like Tracy & Luke before him, Ned gave away yet another part of the Quartermaine legacy without Michael's knowledge or consent, all because of Olivia, who's neither a Quartermaine nor pregnant with one. Ned may think that he loves Olivia, but to paraphrase James Spader in the original Endless Love, "Just because Ned wants to fuck her, that doesn't make her part of the family." Ned's leaping under the bus for Olivia's sake is bad enough, but dragging Michael down with him is beneath contempt. Michael's not the most experienced when it comes to ELQ, but he's got something his enemies don't have-integrity. Michael wouldn't even consider letting the likes of Jerry Jax nor Helena Cassidine get anywhere near controlling ELQ. As for Franco, Michael wouldn't even let him in the mansion nor on the grounds, much less on the board of ELQ. Ned knows all too well what Franco has done to the family in general and to Michael in particular but he chose to not only cave in to Franco anyway, he's paying him for the privilege with the Qs' money? Aw, Hell to the naw! Between Ned's betrayal, his & Tracy's stupidity and their hypocrisy, they have become as useless to me as Sonny, Carly, Fluke,  Nina, Franco, Shawn and Spinelli.

Olivia's useless too because she could've stopped Franco and Nina all by herself if she wanted if she had just put her big-girl Spanx on and said that Julian is her baby daddy or not slept with him in the first place, or she could've just had Franco & Nina murdered. That's how pests like them should be dealt with-by giving them what they deserve, not what they want. I'm a sex-positive person, but Olivia knew better than to sleep with Julian, but she was too drunk/dumb to care. I'm not slut-shaming, I'm stupid-shaming. There's a big difference. Alexis had a NYE booty call too, but at least she didn't get pregnant by the wrong man (this time, anyway) and if she did, confiding in the sick fuck who tormented her daughter wouldn't have been an option. Franco's having Lulu, aka Dante's wife and the future mother of her grandchild strapped to a bomb should have been reason enough for Olivia not to trust him, but she let her hormones cloud what little good judgment she had, just like Ned's done and Michael will be paying the price for it, as if he hasn't suffered/isn't suffering enough. If Ned and/or Olivia's actions pave the way for Michael's abandoning the Qs and forgiving Sonny, Carly and the Bimbo Twins, then there had better be room on the barge for me.

Grrpants09: Sorry for your loss.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 6

I have a feeling that either Jason is going to save the Quartermaines because Ron isn't subtle at all and be a Jason Quatermorgan. He's going to be Business Jason That Feels and imo the pissed at Sonny/Carly seeds are being planted. Morgan drugged Micheal. Sonny murdered AJ. Carly covered it up. Ned and Alexis tried to get Micheal to step down. Ned signed the shares over to Franco. Jason saves the day. Except it's well I guess um at least Micheal gets someone on his side.

• Love 1

Well they have finally done it, I think I've lost interest in this show. Just based on recaps, I can't even bring myself to watch the last weeks worth of episodes.

Could be ready for the barge...

I don't know if I'd ever declare myself "on" or "off" the barge - I'm too wishy-washy for that - but poking fun at GH these days does feel a little bit too much like shooting fish in a barrel.

• Love 7

I have a feeling that either Jason is going to save the Quartermaines because Ron isn't subtle at all and be a Jason Quatermorgan. He's going to be Business Jason That Feels and imo the pissed at Sonny/Carly seeds are being planted. Morgan drugged Micheal. Sonny murdered AJ. Carly covered it up. Ned and Alexis tried to get Micheal to step down. Ned signed the shares over to Franco. Jason saves the day. Except it's well I guess um at least Micheal gets someone on his side.

I wonder if we're really supposed to see Franco taking over ELQ as a bad thing or even want ELQ to be saved.

I could see Franco running it for a while and having a "hilarious" arrangement where he lets Tracy and Michael stay in the mansion as long as he and Nina also get to live there. Perhaps they would have some scenario where they make out on the couch to "shock" Tracy and Michael into trying to leave. Or Franco tries to get in Sabrina's pants, and Nina finds out and chases Sabrina around with a vase.

I wonder if we're really supposed to see Franco taking over ELQ as a bad thing or even want ELQ to be saved.

I could see Franco running it for a while and having a "hilarious" arrangement where he lets Tracy and Michael stay in the mansion as long as he and Nina also get to live there. Perhaps they would have some scenario where they make out on the couch to "shock" Tracy and Michael into trying to leave. Or Franco tries to get in Sabrina's pants, and Nina finds out and chases Sabrina around with a vase.

I would rather Tracy and Michael brutally murder Franco and throw his remains in a tub of acid. 

• Love 7

I feel bad for Valerie and her plight concerning her mother's passing, but I smell trouble brewing.  She's preparing meals for Dante that tastes good according to him!  LOL.  Valerie is very vulnerable, and I've seen too much vulnerability on soaps lead to trouble.  

• Love 1

I really hate Maxie. I think part of is I do not like KSt. She plays Maxie as cold and mean, and utterly devoid of neurons to me. I wish she'd get killed off. Oh well.

I think she plays Maxie not as cold and mean necessarily, but just the same old vapid hyper pixie girl schtick. It's tiresome. I'm not hoping for her to get killed off but a long break may be in order. Don't think it's ever gonna happen though.

Maxie comparing Valerie to Levi is ludicrous. First of all, it doesn't hurt my retinas to look at Valerie.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 17

You're right ulkis. Vapid is a much better word. She just rubs me the wrong way, especially the way she spoke about someone who just lost their mother and who was held hostage by their crazy uncle in their own home, comparing her grief to that of an actual psycho. I don't really like Nathan, and lawd knows I rolled my eyes when the writers found yet another way for him to remove his clothing in inappropriate settings, but he does deserve better, and he and Ellie had a nice vibe going on today.

• Love 4

I would rather Tracy and Michael brutally murder Franco and throw his remains in a tub of acid. 

Maybe we could settle for Franco going on medical conventions all year round.

You're right ulkis. Vapid is a much better word. She just rubs me the wrong way, especially the way she spoke about someone who just lost their mother and who was held hostage by their crazy uncle in their own home, comparing her grief to that of an actual psycho. I don't really like Nathan, and lawd knows I rolled my eyes when the writers found yet another way for him to remove his clothing in inappropriate settings, but he does deserve better, and he and Ellie had a nice vibe going on today.

Considering that Maxie ruined the funerals of her sister and cousin because she had to make sure everyone knew it was all about her, I think she's mostly just too selfish to be anything but an overaged, strung-out brat. 

• Love 4

I feel bad for Valerie and her plight concerning her mother's passing, but I smell trouble brewing.  She's preparing meals for Dante that tastes good according to him!  LOL.  Valerie is very vulnerable, and I've seen too much vulnerability on soaps lead to trouble.  

I make no secret I'm for it. It's me at age 12 screaming MISERY FOR ALL since every other couple has been destroyed, so it's Lante's turn at bat. I know the other side is, if Lante implode, there will be NO stable couples under RC. But the way I see it, together or not, there is no romance on this show, anyway.

Let ABC get a new regime, and maybe then I'll reevaluate (even though I know that won't happen).

• Love 5

I make no secret I'm for it. It's me at age 12 screaming MISERY FOR ALL since every other couple has been destroyed, so it's Lante's turn at bat. I know the other side is, if Lante implode, there will be NO stable couples under RC. But the way I see it, together or not, there is no romance on this show, anyway.

Let ABC get a new regime, and maybe then I'll reevaluate (even though I know that won't happen).

I don't think you necessarily have to have stable couples on a soap, just romance and actually well-written story for it, none of which is going on at the moment.

• Love 6

What do you mean to say? That a couple where one party was dumped for another guy, but the dumped guy plans a scheme to get the other guy out of the way so he can be second choice isn't romantic? And another couple, where the girl chooses the guy because her current bf dumps her isn't romantic? Geez you're picky!!!

• Love 6

What do you mean to say? That a couple where one party was dumped for another guy, but the dumped guy plans a scheme to get the other guy out of the way so he can be second choice isn't romantic? And another couple, where the girl chooses the guy because her current bf dumps her isn't romantic? Geez you're picky!!!

<Hangs head> Sorry. <Drags feet> What was I thinking?!

• Love 2

I'm all for Dante eating because Dom's been looking a bit too slim at times lately, but not by way of oh let's have the girl feed the Italian guy to bond.

Rocco's head turn at the end was decent.

Ron keeps trying to make certain characters happen yet its the side characters like Ellie who are worth watching.

• Love 1

I really like Nathan & Ellie. It's so refreshing to see two decent people with jobs having a honest conversation and acting like adults.

I was very confused by how Jason, Billy, and Kelly played those scenes today. I don't know if they were given bad direction from the script, Uncle Frank, or the particular director but all three played their characters strangely today. The lighting in those scenes was also odd.

If Valerie isn't a doctor or nurse, Ill settle for her being a chef. Just tell us Carly hired her as the new Chef for some restaurant at the hotel. We don't need to see her working, but please give her a job.

ETA: Maxie, Spinelli, and Lulu can all go jump off the pier as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3
I get why LW was relieved not to play a breakdown—it would have been really tiresome for everyone—but I can't buy that Carly would get involved with the man responsible for her son's rape. IMO, Ron's really lucky he could tie it to Jason's death. I don't buy it, but I can also see that it's a reason not entirely pulled out of his ass.

I kinda actually feel sorry for Ron, or I would, if he didn't keep trying to force Nina and Franco upon us. Or maybe that's all Frank? For all we know, it is all Frank and Ron is like, "I'm tired of writing for them" and Frank is forcing him to keep writing for them. If that is the case, I kinda do feel sorry for the man.

In any case, I kinda feel sorry for him because no one can write for 60 characters and please everybody all the time. 

• Love 3
I really like Nathan & Ellie. It's so refreshing to see two decent people with jobs having a honest conversation and acting like adults.

Enjoy it while it lasts.  I'm sure they will be uncharacteristically juvenile in 3 ... 2...

I don't know if I'd ever declare myself "on" or "off" the barge - I'm too wishy-washy for that - but poking fun at GH these days does feel a little bit too much like shooting fish in a barrel.

I hear you, on both count.  I like to think of myself on the barge, but I do watch about 10 minutes of content per month.

And, yeah, it's getting a bit too easy and redundant to even make fun of the show now.  It's like it's so bad that it can't defend itself anymore, and I'm just piling on.

I kinda actually feel sorry for Ron, or I would, if he didn't keep trying to force Nina and Franco upon us. Or maybe that's all Frank? For all we know, it is all Frank and Ron is like, "I'm tired of writing for them" and Frank is forcing him to keep writing for them. If that is the case, I kinda do feel sorry for the man.

In any case, I kinda feel sorry for him because no one can write for 60 characters and please everybody all the time. 

Okay, except for the fact that, without exaggeration, he's writing for about 84 characters (are we sure he's given up on Milo yet?), and he should be writing for about 38.

That I do fault him for and have not one lick of sympathy.

• Love 6

I was very confused by how Jason, Billy, and Kelly played those scenes today. I don't know if they were given bad direction from the script, Uncle Frank, or the particular director but all three played their characters strangely today. The lighting in those scenes was also odd.

I thought KeMo was fine. She played it really confused and emotional. JT and Billy both looked checked the fuck out, though.

And in terms of how the characters are behaving, I can't take any of them seriously bc no one is even TRYING to contact Robin to ask questions.

• Love 2