Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: The Good Man

• Start Topic

Here is your episode thread for the season finale of Fear the Walking Dead. This thread will open at 10:00 pm on Sunday October 4th, prior to episode airing. Prior to that, please head on over to chat away in the pre-air thread here:

S01.E06: Cobalt: The Good Man

DO NOT post any Walking Dead spoilers. For any Walking Dead discussion or ever reference to the show that contains spoilers, go HERE

As always, be good posting, respect your fellow snarkers and have fun discussing the end of the world (In Fear the Walking Dead Land).

Maybe it's not the execution, writing, or acting.  Maybe a 2nd series was too much.  Maybe they shouldn't have gone to the zombie well a 2nd time?

Does anyone think this weak show can tarnish/weaken TWD's legacy?

• Love 11

Ooo Liza. I am confuzzed by this entire thing. Why'd he need Nick to leave? Why'd he bring these peeps with him? 

Awkward family dynamics for the win. Chris is really going to resent his step-mom now.

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 2

I've never understood why these people who were bitten request anything other than "be sure and shoot me in the head after I pass."

Your life span just became hours and you want someone to blow your brains out right now.  Wouldn't be my preference.

Edited by candall
  • Love 20

If this had been TWD, Ofelia would be dead, Nick Would be dead and Strand would turn out to be The Governor, Part II. (Of course, he still might.) So Liza buying it is as close to a happy ending as we're going to get. 

I guess after Andy, Travis toughened up enough to do the job.

• Love 2

How is he going to get to the yacht? Swim? Was it just anchored offshore all by itself? Can you do that? Wouldn't someone just come and steal an unoccupied yacht in the middle of the water? Or at least think it was weird?

• Love 5

I don't think I'm going to be back next season.  With The Walking Dead, I liked most of the characters in the first season.  With this show, I like none.  I was sitting here waiting for the show to end so I could do other things.  That's how little I care about them.

• Love 11

How is he going to get to the yacht?

I thought of that too.  I assume he's got a motorboat or something to take him out there, some kind of boathouse maybe that we haven't seen yet.

• Love 4

I don't think I'm going to be back next season.  With The Walking Dead, I liked most of the characters in the first season.  With this show, I like none.  I was sitting here waiting for the show to end so I could do other things.  That's how little I care about them.

I was thinking about this as I watched it and kept hoping they would get eaten. There's no one to root for here, they're all so... blah. I guess the rich guy is a little more interesting, I don't know.

• Love 4

I think it's interesting they are going to escape on a yacht. But if the whole season is on the yacht that will get boring real fast.

I'm not sure I like anyone who survived. They killed off the only person I liked, Liza.

• Love 9

Why kill Liza before she's even sick? She could have imparted some medical knowledge before her send off. Did anyone actually see the house on the cliff tops in the final shots of the beach area? How did they get down those cliffs onto the water.

• Love 7

They got a whole bunch of people killed unnecessarily, those assholes.

Well they knew the military guys were leaving and not taking anyone with them and were going to kill the sick people.  I doubt they would have handed over the family members, and actually the military took off and left people locked in the cages. So no, they were as concerned about collateral damage as the so-called authorites were and I don't blame them there. 

Edited by raven
  • Love 6

Why kill Liza before she's even sick?

I wondered about that too.  It seemed like she was going to kill herself before Madison showed up (long goodbye hug with Chris).  Why did she give up right away?  I guess she thought the infection would kill her quickly.  It would have been nice if someone tried to talk her out of it.

• Love 5

That was a nice ending shot of water. I thought to myself, they can't possibly end with us staring at water. I was wrong.

I'm interested in this whole yacht situation. I've been interested in the idea of getting out on the water for a long time. I don't know why the Atlanta crew isn't on a boat by now. But I guess it's hard to base several seasons of story on people arguing on a boat. Which is why I have no doubt that the entire next season of this show will focus on that.

Why couldn't Liza just wait a bit. No one had to shoot a living and somewhat healthy woman in the head. Why couldn't they just chill until she died? Chris is going to be insufferable next season.

Andy sucks. He should have shot Salazar. Bitch move, shooting Ofelia. Also, I call bs on that even happening. I don't care how pissed you are, no one is wading through a herd of walkers on the off chance they can run into their enemies in all the chaos. Stupid.

• Love 13