Type keyword(s) to search

House Hunters: Buying in the USA

13 minutes ago, Aimless said:

So I am a little embarrassed at how much time I spent on this critical issue but . . . we are both right!  The Chico lady was the realtor and the designer and his husband were the buyers on a different episode.  And - she wore a DIFFERENT house necklace!  This one was shaped like a gingerbread house.

Ha! Look at that.

• Love 1

Jacksonville Beach, FL: Both HHs used "non-negotiable" incorrectly - I hope that doesn't become a thing. She said she wanted a Victorian with an open floor plan. It was obvious which house they were picking because theirs was mid-renovation.

Nobody really likes anything anymore. They don't even just love a thing. It's absolutely love, which she said a few times.  He said he didn't want to get a home with someone else's personality, which sounds good. Sounds like someone who really has original ideas. But no. Same old cabinet demands, open space, deck for entertaining, yadda, yadda, yadda. It's nice that they were able to get a place so close to the beach, and I always support putting in a second bathroom. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, mojito said:

He said he didn't want to get a home with someone else's personality, which sounds good.

And the guy also sounded stupid.  Of course the house had someone else's personality because it's owned by...someone else!.  And then the new owner makes changes and puts his/her own personality into the house.  And then when they sell, then the new owner....oh well.  I hope some of these HHers cringe when they see themselves on tv and realize how stupid they sound.

• Love 2

Chicago Couple with Cat....that needs its own room

Another grown-up needing to display Christmas trees (yes, plural) and hang stockings. Nice couple. Goofy desires.

I was never enamored with stainless steel appliances. It's now gotten to the point where I find that sparkling white appliances add an attractive pop to the kitchen, as they did to the kitchen of the home the couple selected. 

• Love 6
On 11/20/2017 at 7:28 PM, Kohola3 said:

Seems like the Chico chicks were only on this episode to trot out of their vintage clothing pieces. Eight nine wardrobe changes apiece?  Please.

To be fair, nearly every HH couple goes through multiple wardrobe changes.....Likely even when it's all filmed in one day.  I don't think I have ever seen non-changing attire.

I live (rent) in Chico CA.  I have never been more embarrassed for my city than while watching these two.

On 11/21/2017 at 7:01 AM, mojito said:

..... But when I heard the friend talk about how hot Chico got, I looked it up because I couldn't imagine it being so hot so far north in CA. And I saw that there were two months where the average highs were in the low 90s. Shut up, lady. And (wo)man up. 

What was interesting about this episode was that all the homes were of the woman's choosing, and that they were screened to fit her budget. So we only had to hear about her whining about modern fixtures and not cost and style of house.

I live in Chico.  We have regular stretches of 100-110 degrees.....  especially if this was taped last summer (2017).  It's not the desert. I prefer to call it the Armpit.

• Love 4

Austin, TX:  I had to fast forward through most of it because the wife said "Oh, Wow!" every flippin' 10 seconds!  After the sixth time, I went straight to the end.  They bought a huge 3400+ sq ft house and it was literally empty after they moved in!  No LR furniture, no DR furniture - even though she had complained earlier in the show about NEEDING a formal dining room.  The family room had a loveseat and a very very small table and I think a TV.  His office had more furniture in it than every other room in the house combined!

Chicago ep:   The wife was nuts.  Her big concern was where the Christmas tree was going to be displayed?!  I guess the house is just going to have a huge empty space 50 weeks out of the year.  After she said the cat needed it's own room, I zoned out.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, juliet73 said:

Austin, TX:  I had to fast forward through most of it because the wife said "Oh, Wow!" every flippin' 10 seconds! 

She also said "definitely" way too often, and "I mean". 

People need to listen to themselves.  I'm even hearing intelligent, articulate people on NPR and talk shows pepper their speech with "like" and "you know".  Stop! 

• Love 3
On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:09 AM, Empress1 said:

No, but her designer looked familiar to me - I thought I'd seen him on as a hunter.

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:52 AM, Aimless said:

So I am a little embarrassed at how much time I spent on this critical issue but . . . we are both right!  The Chico lady was the realtor and the designer and his husband were the buyers on a different episode.  And - she wore a DIFFERENT house necklace!  This one was shaped like a gingerbread house.

Hope it wasn't too much time b/c I'd posted about both Sarah and Christian's repeat performances upthread.  No worries - I'm sure they're both thrilled to accept the added P/R.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Not sure it was exactly PR.  I was basically making fun of them....

I know that and we know that.  Sarah, OTOH, would be thrilled.  She spent many hours creating that character, including 40+ times 3 or 4, filming those HH episodes, in lieu of showing / listing homes and practicing the traditional RE methods of "farming" for new clients.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Sadly, all that "whimsy" would send me running in the opposite direction if I wanted a Realtor for that area. Her shtick was wasted on me.

I agree but have both met and worked with many NorCal residents/natives.  They're loud and proud with their chosen shtick - whatever it may be.  For Sarah, this falls under the heading of "any PR is good PR"!

Edited by aguabella
6 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Chicago:  To be fair, the husband was the one who said they needed a room for the cat, who was 19, a very loud Siamese, he also needed a window in the bathroom.  She needed a space for multiple Christmas trees.

That beautiful cat saddened me. At 19, she is closing in on the end of her life and needs lots of love. Yes, she was loud, but when my late cats were 18 an 19 I wanted them near me all the time because I knew we wouldn't have them for much longer.

My marmalade cat cuddles next to me every night and purrs me to sleep. I can't imagine locking him away in another room. Even our most vocal cat (we have four cats and she's part Siamese) isn't closed out of the bedroom at night.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, CruiseDiva said:

That beautiful cat saddened me. At 19, she is closing in on the end of her life and needs lots of love. Yes, she was loud, but when my late cats were 18 an 19 I wanted them near me all the time because I knew we wouldn't have them for much longer.

My marmalade cat cuddles next to me every night and purrs me to sleep. I can't imagine locking him away in another room. Even our most vocal cat (we have four cats and she's part Siamese) isn't closed out of the bedroom at night.

I agree with you. Siamese cats are always very vocal. You can't blame the kitty for that. (Of course, I type this around the 18 year-old cat on my lap so I am obviously biased.)

• Love 2
14 hours ago, CruiseDiva said:

But what if that cat was the one who wanted her own room?  My mom had a cat for 24 years and from the first day she had her, she made a b-line for the spare bedroom.  That room was HER room for her entire life.  Even now we'll refer to it as the cat's room.

• Love 8

Sure, Siamese can be vocal but wondered if the Chicago Siamese got that episode's bad edit!  HH was replaying its meow and the volume sounded as if it had been enhanced - on my system, anyway.

Edited by aguabella
  • Love 2
On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 6:48 AM, juliet73 said:

Chico ep:  That lady was a kook!  I fast forwarded through the beginning so I was questioning their wardrobe choices.  Was the friend a designer and this was free advertising?  Weird!

I think she has been the only home buyer on this show that complained about a 1960's house being updated.  She was bitching about the kitchen and light fixtures not staying "true to the time"?  Uh, yeah, because no one wants to buy a home in 2017 with a 1960's kitchen!! In the end, she keeps the kitchen the same except she going to add...wait for it...a white subway tile backsplash!!  UGH!!!  She replaced the dining room light with an ugly flush brass fixture and added even uglier wallpaper to the living room.  

I'm over these episodes that feature real estate agents!  Once they become "the buyer", every ounce of real estate knowledge and common sense has left their brain!  

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:40 AM, Aimless said:

Oh, *that's* what she changed!  I kept rewinding, to the annoyance of my family, to see how her "before" and "after" were in any way different.  My daughter was like "I think she put some magnets on her refrigerator . . . ?"

The other changes she made - the hideous blue tile on the living room floor, that crazy wild bird wallpaper - were so awful we screamed like we were watching a horror movie.

I would swear I saw that buyer on another HH episode as a realtor.  I remember one realtor with long brown hair, a long muu muu type dress and a necklace with a wooden house on it like she wore on this episode.  There can't be TWO people with that same necklace!  Anyone else remember her?

?? White subway tile in Chico episode?  Didn't see it in either the before or after.  No big deal - many viewers use HH as filler or background - no worries.

Tile aficionado (of sorts) here so located the pattern her designer suggested:

https://www.fireclaytile.com/blog/full/introducing-wave-picket-two-new-shapes-for-fall-part-1/

They're using Wave in an off-white but offsetting it with a mini subway tile in teal.

Historically (lol), HH films over a 2-week period so there's insufficient time to complete renovations.  Lately, they've often extended the schedule, calling the final scene WATN.  They noticed the popularity of the HH WATN episodes plus it satisfies their primary advertisers, the big box home stores.

As a realtor, I'm sure she understands that her choices were extremely taste specific.  That wallpaper (ugh) and removing h/w floors in favor of ceramic tile?  A travesty!

Personally, I gave her a pass on her RE blunders, assuming she plans to live there at least 5 years.  If/when she sells, she'll neutralize.  And, she admitted her obvious error in buying a flipped home and then doing renovations.

A "kook" ??  Hey, she went to great lengths to create that character, i.e. the cool, vintage-inspired Chico realtor (in her eyes, lol, so she's thrilled viewers noticed!  BTW, her buying buddy works for her but didn't hear that she's a realtor.  (That usually means no ...)

OMG, sorry for the posting delay.  Site ate this 2X over the past week!

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 7:52 AM, SanDiegoInExile said:

To be fair, nearly every HH couple goes through multiple wardrobe changes.....Likely even when it's all filmed in one day.  I don't think I have ever seen non-changing attire.

I live (rent) in Chico CA.  I have never been more embarrassed for my city than while watching these two.

I live in Chico.  We have regular stretches of 100-110 degrees.....  especially if this was taped last summer (2017).  It's not the desert. I prefer to call it the Armpit.

Thanks for the local insight, SanDiego.  Have done large projects in Sacramento so can verify that it gets hot and humid (IIRC) up there!

Multiple wardrobe changes?  Hmmm, they schedule (approx.) 40 hours of filming to produce 22 minutes of TV.  HH is never filmed in one day.  They film every scene from all angles.  The participants must repeat the exact lines, verbatim, so that means retakes! 

Also, they come up with add'l scene ideas as they go.  It's my understanding filming often extends into 5 or even 6 days.  Post-production requires another 6 months.

Incidentally, in the old HH days, before they admitted the show's a drama, they wanted to give the impression of a 1 day search.  So, yes, indeed, they required participants to wear the same clothes for each search filming day!  (Each house requires 1 full day, filming.)  And, it was normally completed over 2 weeks or less!  Not everyone had time for laundry!  Yuch!  Check out a few older episodes, if you're interested.

Embarrassed?  I respect your opinion.  Personally, I wouldn't worry about it.  She's a local, independent realtor, establishing a brand and promoting her agency. 

How many HH viewers notice the realtor?  It appears she's trying to appeal to a relatively young crowd, probably first-time buyers.  If you noticed her, good or bad, she's thrilled!

Edited by aguabella

No comments on the Miami couple? She was very mutton-dressed-as-a-lamb and her face never moved. He had horse teeth and a patronizing way of treating her.  You could tell which house they were going to buy because it was the one with their TV mounted on the wall when they toured it.

8 hours ago, debbie311 said:

The Spokane couple.  There was something weird about her face, it would kind of squish up every so often like she was smelling something bad.  It was kind of distracting, at least for me.

She was very squinty.  I noticed she was wearing glasses I some scenes but not others.  I think it was probably a contact lens issue, but definitely distracting.

The episode described as Boston HH's, animal trainer and firefighter, was really in Easton, MA.  I have some friends who live there and I was looking forward to seeing a little bit of the town, but there was nothing shown other than a lake, and a brief picture of what might have been the college there.  From my friends' description of it, It's a lovely New England town.  I figured they were going to buy the first house, but the wife/girlfriend kept harping on the many different floor types, yet she wanted something quirky.  Then they are shown a house that she considered quirky enough and it also had several different types of floors, but she never said a word about them in that house.  They showed some of the renovations being made and I don't understand the desire to have a giant master bedroom and huge bathroom though.  Maybe when his kids are in the house, it would be nice to have a place to retreat to upstairs, but for the rest of the time I think it's a space that will not be used very much, and all I can think of in the giant bathrooms is cleaning and mopping all of that tile.  I liked the guy, and his Massachusetts accent.   She seemed to be trying to hard to hold on to her more youthful days and acting like one of the kids, who were young adults.    

• Love 1

San Diego Doctors with $1.5M

I don't think either of them could spit out more than one sentence without saying "actually". 

They were concerned with their cats and chickens. It was funny seeing that at their current home, which has no back yard, they use the front yard for the chickens and, it looked like, vegetable gardening. I'm all for people using their yard space that way. To me, living rooms, formal dining rooms, and front lawns are so often under utilized.

• Love 4
On 11/30/2017 at 0:38 PM, jcbrown said:

No comments on the Miami couple? She was very mutton-dressed-as-a-lamb and her face never moved. He had horse teeth and a patronizing way of treating her.  You could tell which house they were going to buy because it was the one with their TV mounted on the wall when they toured it.

Were they ones where the wife bitched about vintage houses having “dated” hardwood and wanting to rip perfectly good floors out for tile?  If those floors were Dade county pine, she should be arrested.  It’s practically extinct, and almost indestructible.  

• Love 2
15 hours ago, mojito said:

San Diego Doctors with $1.5M

I don't think either of them could spit out more than one sentence without saying "actually". 

They were concerned with their cats and chickens. It was funny seeing that at their current home, which has no back yard, they use the front yard for the chickens and, it looked like, vegetable gardening. I'm all for people using their yard space that way. To me, living rooms, formal dining rooms, and front lawns are so often under utilized.

This was an unusual episode in which the husband's nasally voice was even more annoying than the wife's. 

And while it's nice that they have the front yard for their chickens, I have read articles recently about outbreaks of salmonella among people who don't know how to safely handle chickens.  Maybe they don't wash their hands or something?  All I know is, I wouldn't want to have chicken farmers as neighbors. 

• Love 4

San Diego guy had a bit of a burned out surfer vibe, but also seemed really young.  It's a good thing he's an ER doctor, because I can't really imagine many people putting their faith in him as their doctor willingly.   (I have no doubts he's a fine doctor, but he just seemed so off in the ozone.)

That first "modern" house they looked at should just be promptly taken back down.  Whoever designed that thing made a terrible mistake.  The shower was nice...that's all I got.  The third house was lovely.  The one they picked was blah on the outside, but I liked the inside. 

The people in Spokane - what on earth was that third house??  A massive storage shed with some haphazard walls inserted?  That thing was a mess. 

I thought their house back in Colorado looked a lot nicer (at least from the outside) than anything they looked at in Spokane - I was kind of surprised at that.  I would think if they thought his job opportunity was so good, it would have been one that enabled them to get something at least comparable to what they had in Colorado, especially since they hadn't had that house long and had done lots of work to it. 

Edited by wovenloaf
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, wovenloaf said:

The people in Spokane - what on earth was that third house??  A massive storage shed with some haphazard walls inserted?  That thing was a mess. 

I thought their house back in Colorado looked a lot nicer (at least from the outside) than anything they looked at in Spokane - I was kind of surprised at that.  I would think if they thought his job opportunity was so good, it would have been one that enabled them to get something at least comparable to what they had in Colorado, especially since they hadn't had that house long and had done lots of work to it. 

I agree, I would think that housing costs in Spokane are comparable to Denver; so it seemed to me they should've been able to find something similar to what they had.  Maybe they'd overextended themselves on the renovations and had a big second mortgage or maybe they'd been 'house poor' in Denver and wanted to have a little more breathing room financially in Spokane.  None of the houses they looked at had the curb appeal of their place in Denver.  I didn't understand the big house in Spokane at all.  It seems like the rooms were large, but there was no purpose or reasoning given to the size.  Massive rooms just don't appeal to me and I don't know why anyone would want a house with that much extraneous space.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, rhofmovalley said:

Memphis drag racer's friend's horrifying voice...

She asked "what is that sound"  And I said "it's your awful voice!"

And apparently some people really do believe in the zombie apocalypse!  Wild people in the woods! 

That house was (obviously) their best (maybe only) choice.   Working on race cars in a garage isn't going to do much to muffle the noise.  It's probably better to do it in the open, so the noise can disperse (disburse?).   Our neighbor across the street loves to rev his motorcycle early on Saturday mornings.  Just get on the damn thing and get on the road -- we're trying to sleep!

• Love 2

Memphis drag racer's friend was really awful. Such stupid complaints and she seemed just generally dim. It was completely obvious which house the woman picked because there were paint swatches on so many walls. As someone who was a long-distance commuter for 23 years, no way I would choose a place with a 1-hour commute each way.

3 hours ago, wovenloaf said:

San Diego guy had a bit of a burned out surfer vibe, but also seemed really young.  It's a good thing he's an ER doctor, because I can't really imagine many people putting their faith in him as their doctor willingly.   (I have no doubts he's a fine doctor, but he just seemed so off in the ozone.)

Yes, "burned out surfer" is a pretty good description of him.  Just by the looks and sound of him I wouldn't be comfortable having him as an ER doctor either (although I guess if you're in the ER you don't notice the doctors all that much).

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Ohwell said:

This was an unusual episode in which the husband's nasally voice was even more annoying than the wife's. 

And while it's nice that they have the front yard for their chickens, I have read articles recently about outbreaks of salmonella among people who don't know how to safely handle chickens.  Maybe they don't wash their hands or something?  All I know is, I wouldn't want to have chicken farmers as neighbors. 

OMG! I’m just watching now and the husband has vocal fry. The wife has vocal fry, too. I had to fast forward to the end because I couldn’t take the Ken doll and his vocal fry. That said, they are smart people with important jobs that apparently pay well. I knew I should have went to college. LOL!!!!!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 4

Just now watching the Memphis episode...  "Scary woods people"?  Wtf is wrong with this friend? Does she think this behavior is cute? I can't imagine valuing her opinion on anything.  I'm guessing the drag racer lady doesn't - they just needed someone to come be dramatic for the show. 

Edited by wovenloaf
  • Love 6

There are new House Hunters: Where Are They Now? episodes this week. On tonight's show, one of the HHers had an aversion to en suite bathrooms, calling the idea of them "strange". It didn't seem to be a water conservation thing, but that she liked having to trek from the bedroom to the bathroom. They aren't a necessity by any means, but going out of the way to avoid them, you don't hear that one every day. With HH, you have to wonder how many of these quirks are even real.

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Dejana said:

There are new House Hunters: Where Are They Now? episodes this week. On tonight's show, one of the HHers had an aversion to en suite bathrooms, calling the idea of them "strange". It didn't seem to be a water conservation thing, but that she liked having to trek from the bedroom to the bathroom. They aren't a necessity by any means, but going out of the way to avoid them, you don't hear that one every day.

Dang I missed the diss of en suite. This 67 year old bladder needs the shortest distance between the bed and the toilet in the middle of the night. :)  

• Love 5

Ah, the couple who needed to move and renovate before their "baby girl" was born.  They had another child, a boy, but I don't think they even mentioned his name.  All I heard about 25 times in the 7 or 8 minutes allotted to the WATN episode was the name "Ellington" or "Ellie" as they called her.  This one was worse than the "Jackson" episode for me because this child was the 2nd one, not the one and only.  Anyway, on to the house reviews.  Yes, they knocked out every wall in the house that they could so as usual, it looked like they were living in one giant room which they were.  Little did our ancestors on the frontier know they were way ahead of the trend of open concept when they built one room cabins out of necessity.

The 3rd couple with 5 or 6 children I sort of remember from the original episode.  I like what they did to their house, but kept falling asleep and then proceeded to erase the episode when I woke up.  Maybe I can find it on the HGTV website to watch it again while I'm more alert.  As for the woman who didn't want an en suite, while that is really unusual, I thought it was a pretty smart idea to make the guest room the en suite arrangement if she frequently has guests.  That kind of keeps the guests in their own little corner during their stay, more like a hotel.   

One more thing, Ellington's mother referred to their new sink as a farmhouse sink.  It was not a farmhouse sink, it was a large single bowl sink.  The woman was really wanting a girl because she said bathing Ellington in the sink made wonderful memories, or something like that.  Geeeeze, that portion of the episode really grated on my nerves.    

Edited by laredhead
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Dejana said:

There are new House Hunters: Where Are They Now? episodes this week. On tonight's show, one of the HHers had an aversion to en suite bathrooms, calling the idea of them "strange". It didn't seem to be a water conservation thing, but that she liked having to trek from the bedroom to the bathroom. They aren't a necessity by any means, but going out of the way to avoid them, you don't hear that one every day. With HH, you have to wonder how many of these quirks are even real.

I remember her original episode - I liked her, but I also remember thinking her aversion to ensuites was strange. In the original she said they felt like a hotel. I can imagine not minding if a house you otherwise love doesn’t have one (that was the case with my ex’s house), but it seems odd to actively avoid them. Oh well! She did a lot of nice things to her house, although the bright turquoise was a little much for me.

i remember Ellington’s (ugh, not a fan) parents too, especially the mother. I didn’t like her at all on her episode and that hasn’t changed. The way she talked about the electrician falling through the wall as it related to “[her] wall” left a really bad taste in my mouth.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

The way she talked about the electrician falling through the wall as it related to “[her] wall” left a really bad taste in my mouth.

That moment was when my dislike for her turned into hate.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 3

House Hunters last night was a special version apparently...".House Hunters where are they now."  I about fell out of my chair when one of the house hunters was shown walking through one of the houses she was being shown.  She told the realtor she didn't want an ensuite bathroom.  What??? I thought that was one of commandments of house hunters.  They then showed her in the house she ended up buying..and she was commenting on how much she liked walking from her bedroom, down a few stairs, and around the corner to the bathroom.  She appeared to be serious.  It was actually rather refreshing.  I am so sick of all of them parroting the same lines...open concept, ensuite bathroom, room for entertaining, etc. 

• Love 3

Disliking en suite bathrooms is definitely different for the show - and a little weird.  I can easily understand not caring one way or the other, as I don't, but being opposed to one is unusual.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, abbey said:

House Hunters last night was a special version apparently...".House Hunters where are they now."  I about fell out of my chair when one of the house hunters was shown walking through one of the houses she was being shown.  She told the realtor she didn't want an ensuite bathroom.  What??? I thought that was one of commandments of house hunters.  They then showed her in the house she ended up buying..and she was commenting on how much she liked walking from her bedroom, down a few stairs, and around the corner to the bathroom.  She appeared to be serious.  It was actually rather refreshing.  I am so sick of all of them parroting the same lines...open concept, ensuite bathroom, room for entertaining, etc. 

"House Hunters where are they now" is a regular show they do on occasion - I've seen lots of them. It appears they are doing new ones all this week at 10 pm ET.

Disliking en suite bathrooms is definitely different for the show - and a little weird.  I can easily understand not caring one way or the other, as I don't, but being opposed to one is unusual.

Well, I guess I am unusual but I did not want one when my house was built. I have a guest suite upstairs so they have their own bath. I didn't to steal space downstairs for two bathroom (one ensuite and one for visitors to use) so I have one single bathroom downstairs available to everyone so they don't have to climb stairs.  So, in that sense, I am opposed to one.  I have no problem sharing.

On 11/16/2017 at 9:02 PM, Empress1 said:

Gorgeous! I would gut the kitchen too - it was too small and didn't have enough storage. I have a lot of dishes; storage in the kitchen is really important to me. The third house was nice too and needed less work. I knew they'd end up in that one. I loved that she wanted a library - woman after my own heart.

Their realtor had very aggressive brows.

Was this the one with the 170k budget?  I can’t remember names.  I saw one recently and it was my realtor who was their agent.  I asked her about it and she said hey filmed earlier this year.

3 hours ago, chessiegal said:

"House Hunters where are they now" is a regular show they do on occasion - I've seen lots of them. It appears they are doing new ones all this week at 10 pm ET.

Which is why I suddenly have 2+ hours of free time this week for some holiday shopping.

I loathe these re-visit shows.  

• Love 3

The "no ensuites" woman came off like a contrarian, to me, playing with the audience.

So, why did she buy a home with an ensuite?

Difficult to estimate the sq. footage on air but did the fact that the office appeared 2X as large as the existing ensuite influence her decision?  Looked like she sprung for an Ikea twin in the original ensuite!  (I'll pass, lol.)

And she's gotta' stumble "downstairs", then "upstairs" to reach the bathroom?  Gee, they showed 2 steps on the "upstairs".  And, during the househunt, the narrator indicated the office was down the hall from the bathroom!

Whatever ...  it's HH ...  HGTV, lol. 

BTW, liked her reno, colors and all.  Enjoy watching homeowners design a house for themselves, ignoring the staging rules and listing preparation guidelines.  Why not?  She can neutralize if/when the time comes.  Unless I missed something, she didn't do anything that wasn't easily reversible.

On last night's WATN I really like the segment about the woman in Arizona (?) who has spent a lot of time and most of her budget on her yard and landscaping it appropriately for the climate and water usage.  She wasn't an over the top buyer who insisted on things she couldn't afford.  Good for her.  

I can't believe it's been 4 years since the San Francisco couple was first shown, and what a transformation in that house.  I loved the finished product, and it screams California lifestyle.  It could be in a magazine.  I really liked that they said they liked a smaller master bedroom.

The Merritt Island redo was great too.  I always hate to see a garage or carport turned into living area and the driveway left to run right up to the house.  That would be my only criticsm of the remodel that I see.  That was a double garage so they added about 400 sf to a 1500 sf house.  I live in a house like that have tried to remedy that over the years without spending a lot of money on removing all of the concrete.  Glad the only damage they had from Hurricane Matthew was a banana tree.     

• Love 3