Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

For some reason I cannot get the Falcons/Rams game, it’s blacked out on SundayTicket saying it’s on tv, but I’m not getting it on FOX either, I live in southern Florida. And the Falcons are my favorite team - FUCK YOU DIRECTV, YOUR PRODUCT IS WORTHLESS

Just now, Xeliou66 said:

For some reason I cannot get the Falcons/Rams game, it’s blacked out on SundayTicket saying it’s on tv

I live in metro Phoenix and I'm getting the same message, although I don't care because I'm a Giants fan.  DirecTV is totally effed up today.

• Love 1

The Jets had some kid go OFF today, and of course he is on my fantasy bench.

In my extensive viewing of two minutes of one (1) video, Tampa is 100% responsible for the fight.

Watching the ubiquitous ads for the season premiere of 9-1-1 during the Giants game (2-0! Woot!) made me realize I haven’t seen a blimp in a real long while.  Were they a COVID casualty?

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

I live in metro Phoenix and I'm getting the same message, although I don't care because I'm a Giants fan.  DirecTV is totally effed up today.

Nice to know I’m not the only one having the issue. DirecTV is trash, I’m so glad someone else will have the NFL package next season.

Trey Lance just got carted off in SF - this makes things very interesting, how will Garoppolo do and what will happen now with the Niners QB situation.

God the colts look awful. Matt ryan horrible but the defense as well no stops. They were awful in every way today. Didn't help Pittman and Leonard were out but still no one making plays.  No ol pass protection. I've defended Reich to now but this team looks lost and making dumb mistakes. He might not last the season at this rate. 

Someone needs to smack bradys smart-ass mouth.  Constantly getting into it with bigger guys and mouthing off and refs allow it for him. Would be worth the penalty to shut him up. 

Edited by DrSpaceman73
  • Love 7

No morning game on FOX for me, so I had the Patriots-Steelers game on in the background while I drank my Bloody Marys and read the news (nice to be able to root for the Steelers again with Big Rapist no longer under center, but they're still a background noise team).  When that one was over, they switched to the final five minutes of the Ravens-Dolphins game and holy shit!  My friend is a Dolphins fan, and I hardly ever text but he takes days to see an email, so I actually took the time to peck out (I have a flip phone) a "Holy shit, have you come back down to Earth yet?" text.  He's over the moon.  And I have residual Ray Lewis and Ray Rice hatred of the Ravens, so I'm really happy for him.

Now I've settled in to properly watch the Rams game.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, woodstock said:

It’s weird. I keep reading about DirectTV Sunday NFL Ticket issues and I am not having any issues. 

You must be blessed, because it went out for about an hour just before most games' halftime, and reports of it were all over the media.  OTOH, apparently there were issues last week, and I didn't experience any.  So obviously YMMV.

2 minutes ago, mojoween said:

A sentiment I can always get behind!

Same here.  I loathe that franchise and everything about it.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

God the colts look awful. Matt ryan horrible but the defense as well no stops. They were awful in every way today. Didn't help Pittman and Leonard were out but still no one making plays.  No ol pass protection. I've defended Reich to now but this team looks lost and making dumb mistakes. He might not last the season at this rate. 

Someone needs to smack bradys smart-ass mouth.  Constantly getting into it with bigger guys and mouthing off and refs allow it for him. Would be worth the penalty to shut him up. 

The Colts did a terrible job in not adding in any receivers this offseason, aside from Pittman they have no proven receivers and that’s a bad situation for Ryan. They are off to a terrible start, and how come they never beat the Jags, they shit the bed against the Jags last year in Jacksonville where a win against them would’ve gotten them into the postseason. I think Reich may get fired as well given the awful start they are off to.

Well, the Bucs finally slayed their dragon with a little help from the D's best friend, Jameis Winston. Meanwhile, the usual Bucs-Saints shenanigans went on with Brady losing his shit from Lattimore's trolling and Mike Evans deciding that his eventual suspension will be worth it and blew up Lattimore. Reminds me of the Steelers-Bengals games.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

The Colts did a terrible job in not adding in any receivers this offseason, aside from Pittman they have no proven receivers and that’s a bad situation for Ryan. They are off to a terrible start, and how come they never beat the Jags, they shit the bed against the Jags last year in Jacksonville where a win against them would’ve gotten them into the postseason. I think Reich may get fired as well given the awful start they are off to.

Colts didn't add wrs outside the draft. 

Did find a left tackle again outside the draft 

Let a great young guard go in Reed a d ol is not looking good. 

Brought back an injured kicker and cut him week one. 

Still no pass rush despite draft and attempts at free agency. 

And the coaching is lacking. Many undisciplined mistakes costing the team points. Drops by wrs in the end zone. Dumb penalties. 

Problems all around 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Xeliou66 said:

Jameis Winston has imploded in the second half, with 3 picks including a pick six to Mike Edwards that pretty much seals it for the Bucs as they lead it 20-3 with 4 to go. Winston is a total bust, a turnover machine and a horrible human being, I can’t stand him.

I can't stand him either but I thought the refereeing in that game was atrocious.  I don't care one way or the other about Saints vs. Bucs but I found myself getting irate on behalf of the Saints. 

Can anyone tell me why ESPN and ABC are both having a football game Monday night?  Is this going to happen every week?  Isn't this Disney essentially competing with itself?

• Love 1

HOLY SHIT, Fins tie it after being down 21!! What a game in Baltimore!! 

Yes, it was. I was there. So excited when Ravens scored the first touchdown within the first 13 seconds. No printable words for how the Defense whiffed it.

43 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Dolphins come back and win!! Holy shit!! What a win for the Fins, Tua with 469 yards and 6 TD’s today, that was one hell of a game!! 

It was but it will take some time to process. I blame the ref who took back the second touchdown- by rights, The Ravens should have won!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yes, it was. I was there. So excited when Ravens scored the first touchdown within the first 13 seconds. No printable words for how the Defense whiffed it.

It was but it will take some time to process. I blame the ref who took back the second touchdown- by rights, The Ravens should have won!

Had a 21 point lead going into the 4th.  

Hard to blame the refs. 

• Like 2
  • Love 7
34 minutes ago, mojoween said:

In my extensive viewing of two minutes of one (1) video, Tampa is 100% responsible for the fight.

Lattimore started it by mouthing off to Brady.  Evans ran in and it went to hell after that!  Evans & Lattimore have had their issues in the past, so it's not surprising.   

• Love 1
1 minute ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Hard to blame the refs. 

But that's not gonna stop me from trying!  😄

I'm unreasonably upset about this game and I don't know why because I vowed not to be unreasonable upset about football this year.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I think Brady started the whole fight by once again yelling at a ref for a call he didn't like. Then Lattimore said something, Brady mouthed off to him, Evans came flying in, and all hell broke loose. And Brady was mouthing off the whole time. Sit down and shut up, grandpa. Or better yet, retire and stay retired.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

I'm unreasonably upset about this game and I don't know why because I vowed not to be unreasonable upset about football this year.

I've tried for the last twenty years to not be unreasonably upset about football!!  

Hasn't worked yet

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Hard to blame the refs. 

14 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

This is me!

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Sit down and shut up, grandpa.

Ouch.  I'm old enough to be TB's mom. 

Nice to know I’m not the only one having the issue. DirecTV is trash, I’m so glad someone else will have the NFL package next season.

Now that it's the third quarter, looks like they've finally lifted the blackout on the Rams-Falcons.  Of course, given the score, you might not actually want to watch it.

• LOL 4

Burrow has been sacked 4 times in the first half, the Bengals O-Line still doesn’t look good even after all of the focus they put on it in the offseason. The Bengals appear to be suffering the Super Bowl losers curse, they’ve looked like complete shit so far this season.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

I think Brady started the whole fight by once again yelling at a ref for a call he didn't like.

I didn't see Tom yelling at a ref.  I saw Lattimore get in his face.  I think Lattimore started it, and Evans finished it!!  

A shout out to our former Bama guys, Tua & Waddle!  Wow!!  What a finish!  Fantastic throws by a guy who, by some expert analyst's opinions, couldn't throw the long ball.   Pfft!!

• Love 2

In 1998 when the Steelers and Patriots met Kordell Stewart and Drew Bledsoe were the quarterbacks.  Today’s matchup, Mitch Trubisky and Mac Jones, was the first time since that game in 98 that did not have either Ben Roethlisberger or Tom Brady as a QB.

And that’s your useless stat you can pull out at the bar.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2

Whew!  The Rams tried very hard to give that game away in the final minutes, but pulled it out.  Taking the safety to run the game clock down to only :06 before giving the ball to the Falcons was a smart move, but then they get the penalty for a kick-off out of bounds.  <sigh>  Wild finish.

• Love 1

Well at least the Falcons made it close against the Rams, I was afraid they would get destroyed.

Niners beat the Seahawks 27-7, Garoppolo played solid.

Bengals have tied it at 17 against the Cowboys, very nice drive by Burrow there.

Edited by Xeliou66
  • Love 1

Cooper is serviceable as a stand in for Dak.

At least the Cowboys learned from that playoff game.   Although it still looked like they had no clue what they were doing or what play to run.   Advance planning McCarthy, you might want to ruddy consider it if your team is going to blow leads.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Bastet said:
9 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Great win for the Cowboys,

No such thing.

In this case, I agree.  For the most part.  I agree with it except one thing: Cincy is still winless

• LOL 2

HOLY FUCKING SHIT AT THE ENDING TO RAIDERS/CARDS!!!! Raiders fumble and Byron Murphy of the Cards scoops and scores to end the game!! Unreal!! Stuff like this is why I do not trust the Raiders at all, they shit the bed epically today. 

• Love 2

You'd think the Raiders might have focused better on ball security on that final drive. I mean, just two plays before they fumbled and were fortunate to recover. Fumbling twice on the same drive is inexcusable.

Great comeback by Arizona though. Shows why you play for the whole game- because you can be asleep for most of it but if you wake up just in time, you can still make something of it.

• Love 3

Yeah that game had everything.  A rather painful loss for Vegas; unlike most teams in that spot, they had a chance in overtime, and they still blew it.

Win or lose, I didn't need to see a damn tie here

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Can anyone tell me why ESPN and ABC are both having a football game Monday night?  Is this going to happen every week?  Isn't this Disney essentially competing with itself?

NFL Doubleheaders

Basically, the NFL sold a package of 20 games to ABC/ESPN.  Instead of showing a late game no one watches they'll stagger the start for ratings.

There will be 3 MNF Doubleheaders every season.

Edited by crimsongrl
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1