Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

I’ve also seen reports that milllenials are buying all the merchandise.  I think Nike will be fine.

Just finished watching Hard Knocks last night.  I thought I had essentially given up on football, but the Browns pulled me back in, even after they cut all the profiled players on the bubble.  Here’s hoping they can win at least one game this year.

I saw probably more "I'm buying Nike now" by the end of the day than the boycotting. Now I'm crossing my fingers that the collusion suit goes through trial and the nfl is raked through the mud. 

• Love 6

Michael Kay of ESPN NY radio/ YES network said If folks are going to boycott nike they have to go all in. Stop watching NFL, College hoops, NCAA football, etc because nike sponsors so much of pro and college sports. I pretty much agree with that. Stop buying jerseys, t shirts, equipment. I would love to see if thay could even be attempted.

Steelers fans, what is the deal with Bell? Seems his team mates are letting have it for not showing up.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, prican58 said:

Michael Kay of ESPN NY radio/ YES network said If folks are going to boycott nike they have to go all in. Stop watching NFL, College hoops, NCAA football, etc because nike sponsors so much of pro and college sports. I pretty much agree with that. Stop buying jerseys, t shirts, equipment. I would love to see if thay could even be attempted.

The NFL has a 10 year contract too with Nike iirc. So go ahead, let's see them boycott. Stock price is holding steady. 

2 hours ago, prican58 said:

Yeah, I get the most touches on the team and am expected to have 57000 all purpose yards this season while my team rides me to the afc championship game? I'm Henry Hill doing the voice over in Goodfellas. 

Tonight is the first game of the season. My vacation from the NFL (it starts a week after the Super Bowl) ends tonight. It is just too bad that it wasn't the Cowboys - Eagles instead of those stupid Falcons - Eagles. It would of been way more fun seeing Jerry Jones, the Cowboys, & their fans having to see the Eagles ring up their Super Bowl 52 banner in their faces. Instead, we get the not worth a damn Falcons on there tonight. I'm also skipping that stupid concert that the NFL will be showing during the pregame show. Other than the Super Bowl, there is no reason to even have someone performing during the NFL season (especially during the opening night of season). I'm also not interested in watching that during the Thanksgiving games. 

Edited by Magog
  • Love 1
On 9/5/2018 at 8:38 AM, Crs97 said:

I’ve also seen reports that milllenials are buying all the merchandise.  I think Nike will be fine.

Just finished watching Hard Knocks last night.  I thought I had essentially given up on football, but the Browns pulled me back in, even after they cut all the profiled players on the bubble.  Here’s hoping they can win at least one game this year.

I was heartbroken when they cut Nate Orchard. He has the cutest family, I hope he can get picked up elsewhere. It seems like the Browns have a decent amount of talent. It will be interesting to see if they can translate this newfound chemistry into winning football games when it counts. If they have another garbage year, Jackson needs to go.

Edited by BitterApple
11 hours ago, prican58 said:

Hey, I thought the almighty game of football was fine  to be played in inclement weather. 

Lightning in the area.    They had to evacuate the stands.   Just rain -- ehh let 'em play.   But damn that was tough waiting.

6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I know it's the first game of the season, but damn, five chances in the Red Zone and Ryan can't get the TD? Maybe throw to someone else besides the guy who's getting double and triple covered on every play. Good grief.

Or put Julio in there to draw coverage so the guy they intend to throw the ball too isn't getting double/triple covered.     Why you would pull your best player in the red zone I have no clue.   But hey, keep kicking those field goals -- they MAY add up to enough someday.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Lightning in the area.    They had to evacuate the stands.   Just rain -- ehh let 'em play.   But damn that was tough waiting.

Or put Julio in there to draw coverage so the guy they intend to throw the ball too isn't getting double/triple covered.     Why you would pull your best player in the red zone I have no clue.   But hey, keep kicking those field goals -- they MAY add up to enough someday.

Or maybe one of the two guys that tried to block the defense end on the right on 4th down actually do their job, instead of letting him fight through the block and keep bouncing outside further. 

• Love 1

I fell asleep before half time..... but I'm glad the Eagles won! 

Now, bring on Sunday! I'm having some family over to watch the games, grilling some food, I am ready! I need the Panthers to beat the Cowboys and we will be off to a really great season! 

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, Mountainair said:

I need the Panthers to beat the Cowboys and we will be off to a really great season! 

Me too!  Not just because I live in Charlotte now, but it will go a long way to help my G-Men!

1 hour ago, Mountainair said:

I am ready! I need the Panthers to beat the Cowboys and we will be off to a really great season! 

Panthers, every other team in the league except for the Patriots, tomato tomahto.

In the case of a Pats/Cowboys game, I root for a sinkhole to swallow everyone whole.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Mountainair said:

I need the Panthers to beat the Cowboys and we will be off to a really great season! 

And I really need the Browns to win more than just pre-season games.

3-13, come on, baby!  That’s my dream.

• Love 7

I thought that the Browns/Steelers was an entertaining game that resulted in a wacky tie ending. I thought that the Browns defense played very well and the Browns should have won that game, but the offense was stale in the first half and didn't do enough to help them get the win. I thought that Tyrod was playing too conservative and missed a lot of throws. (Though he did take more chances in the 2nd half). At least they didn't lose, but hopefully they will continue to improve and gets wins this year. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Crs97 said:

So when the Steelers land on your quarterback, it’s a good aggressive play; when the Browns land on Ben, it’s a penalty.  Sure.

That was BS!

A tie!  I’ll take it.  Shows the Browns can hang with the big boys.  Even if the Squeelers played sloppy 2nd half.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

Honestly the only important thing to come out of the tie is what happens to the beer fridges in Cleveland.  I say they stay locked.

But I don’t live in OH anymore, and hubby is a Squeeler fan, so heh heh, they’ open here.

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 2

This is going to be a long ass season as a Bills fan. Usually the defense looks decent, but this year both suck. I’m guessing they will squeeze in two, maybe three wins. Thank goodness for the Rams.

• Love 1

If the Giants have to love, but two NFC East teams win, I am a-ok with those two teams being Philly and Washington.

I am miserable (stupid damn Seattle Mariners) and I want company.

Aaron Rodgers looks thin.  That is concerning.

Dammit.  It was 20-zip when my husband went to bed just before the half.  I said if the Pack come back I'll watch the game to the end but if it continues to be a blowout I would be in bed soon.  I am so tired but I am also so very weak.