Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

I'm not going to be able to pay attention to the game until probably 530 or so. Annoying.

The snow looks fun. My Steelers know how to play in bad weather. I mean, they are still terrible. Snow doesn't change that. 

• LOL 1
18 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

My Steelers know how to play in bad weather. I mean, they are still terrible. Snow doesn't change that. 

Why do I think I know what the Bills fans are going to do with the snow on their seats? 😲

• LOL 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, twoods said:

Great decision to move the game to today since it’s sunny and not snowing. Don’t know if they cleared all the snow from the stands but at this point, it should be “fans clear their own seats” because the crew and volunteers are spent after working all night. Great job everyone! Glad I will be working today so I can’t be in an eternal state of nausea watching this game wondering which Josh Allen will show up. It has been a weekend of upsets so anything can happen.

Anything is truly possible.  On a side note, some people think Pittsburgh has the same weather that Miami has. Not exactly.  They might not get Buffalo severe weather, but the weather in Western Pennsylvania can be & has been nasty.  So if they lose, it'll be due to playing a much better team.

Speaking of which, for me, I think I'll be pissed off if the Bills win by single digits

Edited by Carey
Some wacky computer or browser glitch
3 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

Why do I think I know what the Bills fans are going to do with the snow on their seats? 😲

I've already seen videos of people sledding down the seats.

• Like 2
(edited)

They’ve also been jumping from snow piles onto flaming tables so.  All is right with the world.

”For the fourth consecutive year, the Bills are AFC East champs.”  Hmm.  Wonder whatever could have changed in that time?

Edited by mojoween
  • Like 2

That Shakir touchdown was wild. Dude would not go down until he rampaged into the end zone. And I loved how crazy the Bills were celebrating him, throwing snow into the air like the fans have been doing and trying to carry him off on their shoulders.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Steelers seem to being their best impression of the 2024 Dallas Cowboys.

Pittsburgh was expected to lose.  Dallas was not.

I have two words to say.  Go Houston.

• Like 8
(edited)

Pittsburgh gave it a go but the Shakir TD was the backbreaker.  I was surprised that when I left for the vet at 6 p.m. it was 14-0 and when I got back at 6:35 it was 21-10.  It really felt like before I left Buffalo was going to roll.

Edited by mojoween
  • Like 5
23 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm sorry the Steelers lost, but I'd rather have them lose to Buffalo now than those Chiefs later.  

It's doubtful they would have gotten by Baltimore.   If TJ Watt had been playing it would have been a different game. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

I'm cheering for Tampa. They just scored a touchdown! I miss those Baker Mayfield commercials.

Him and Emily are expecting a baby girl in April.  Imagine how the 'House of Mayfield' Progressive commercials would've gone then. 

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

I'm cheering for Tampa. They just scored a touchdown! I miss those Baker Mayfield commercials.

I said the same thing to the hubs before the game!  I really wish it had worked out that they were able to show him moving from Cleveland to Carolina (? was that his next stop?).

Also amusing were the jokes after Mahomes’s helmet shattered - if he had Allstate instead of State Farm, he would have been protected from Mayhem.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

Caught part of the Bayless show because I wanted to see how upset he was.  He was saying the Cowboys have the number 1 offense, defense, kicker, everything.  Didn't they have an easy schedule?  I wonder what the stats were for all those categories when they played playoff teams vs others, or even .500 teams above and below.

I'm halfway watching the TB/Philly game. Is it really just getting to halftime now? It feels like the game has been going for about 6 hours now. And as much as it feels like TB is dominating, they are only up by a TD.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

TB seems to have a red zone problem.

Baker's got bruised ribs and I think they said a sprained ankle.

TD!  31-9!

GO BAKER

• Like 4

My heart hurts for Jason Kelce.  What a crap way to go out, if he does retire.  Tremendous player, good man, 1st ballot HoFer.

Sad too for Brandon Graham.  I’ll never forget him hugging Andy Reid after game’s end of the Super Bowl.  Makes me well up thinking about it (“Just had to come congratulate ya, Coach!”)

• Like 5
(edited)

At least Kelce retires with a ring, something that most great players never achieve. Sorry, no love for the Eagles. Get off my lawn NFC East!

Edited by twoods
  • Like 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, Chit Chat said:

Well damn! Color me shocked!  Thank you, Bucs, for not choking on MNF!   Fire the cannons!  

You clearly haven't watched the Eagles play the last 7 weeks. I had no doubt they were losing. I love the Eagles but they need to make sweeping changes. I think if they played competitive and just got beat Siriani might not get fired but the team was lifeless for weeks. He hired coordinators with little experience and neither were very good then made a panic swap at defensive play calling and somehow Matt Patricia was even worse. I could go on. 

I hate this is how Jason Kelces  career ends. it seems that Brandon Graham and lane Johnson are still going to play but who knows about Fletcher Cox 

Edited by shoregirl
  • Like 2
22 minutes ago, shoregirl said:

I love the Eagles but they need to make sweeping changes.

They can certainly make coaching changes, but it is difficult for any team to make sweeping personnel changes, and especially for teams that make extensive use of dead years and future payments like the Eagles. 

They did the right thing to keep together a veteran team that almost won the championship last year. The downside is that it's harder to clean house and bring in new talent. I'm sure they'll have some tricks up their sleeves to keep themselves competitive. Just look at the Rams. They had to go with a TON of young and inexpensive talent, and they're doing just fine.

• Like 2
(edited)
42 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

They can certainly make coaching changes, but it is difficult for any team to make sweeping personnel changes, and especially for teams that make extensive use of dead years and future payments like the Eagles. 

They did the right thing to keep together a veteran team that almost won the championship last year. The downside is that it's harder to clean house and bring in new talent. I'm sure they'll have some tricks up their sleeves to keep themselves competitive. Just look at the Rams. They had to go with a TON of young and inexpensive talent, and they're doing just fine.

Mainly I meant on the coaching staff including  Sirianni except maybe the special teams and the Online coachs. The play calling was horrendous and when those plays failed they just called them again. And like how do you forget how to tackle ?Give me a couple days and maybe I'll feel different.

Edited by shoregirl
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, shoregirl said:

And like how do you forget how to tackle ?

Yeah. I think that one might be an issue with the guys on the field. They had serious issues with linebackers didn't they? Injury problems that had them really deep into the depth chart?

Because that would show up with tackling. It's usually LBs who lead the team in tackles. They also had injuries and old dudes in the secondary. 

The old dudes need to be upgraded, but there's some hope that anywhere with bad injury issues in 2023 would be okay in 2024.

• Like 2

Not a great day to be a Pennsylvania football fan.  As God as my witness, I did not spend a second watching either one of those Monday football games.  I've never felt more at peace with my correct decision.  Besides, Monday NFL playoff games are a dumb idea!

• Like 1

I did but it certainly started to feel like work.  Fun watching the Bill's fans throw snow in the air when the team did something good.

The hot football news around here are the jackets that Kristin Juszczyk made for Taylor S. and Brittany M.  A few weeks back she made one for Simone Biles so we'll get to see that this weekend.

Neither of yesterday's games held my attention.  I kept both of them on, but was almost always also doing something else at the same time.

• Like 1

With my Steelers out, my only emotional investment in the playoffs is hoping the Texans take it to the Ravens. Not that I care about the Texans, but the Ravens are a divisional rival so fuck them.

As far as the Chiefs go, I mean, I don't like them. But I kind of love the Taylor Swifting of the team. To be clear, I can't tell one Taylor song from another, but she is a phenomenally successful woman. I am down with the fact that she is out-earning every player on the field. Good for her. 

Bills. I mean. Whatever. Isn't the Cigarette Smoking Man out there still ensuring they never win a Super Bowl?

Packers. Sure. Fine. Caveat that someone needs to shove a dirty sweat sock in Aaron Rodgers gaping piehole.

49ers. Another Sure. Fine. Whatever.

Bucs. Well, I could invest in Baker Mayfield giving the middle finger to the Browns for signing Watson. 

Lions. They've been so pathetic for so long, even with some great players like Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson. I wouldn't mind seeing them take it all.

It's the time of year when I can enjoy football for football while enjoying the misery of Bengals and Cowboys fans while sipping a nice glass of wine. 

• Like 4

I’m sure I can’t afford Kristin Juszcyk, but I would for sure wear a Giants coat in the same style as the one she designed for Taylor if it were in my income bracket.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, shoregirl said:

You clearly haven't watched the Eagles play the last 7 weeks. I had no doubt they were losing.

You must not know how the Bucs play!!  They can be great one week, and tank the next, especially on MNF.  The Bucs could be ahead 42-0, with the other team having a rookie QB, and the other team almost always comes back and beats us! Even though I was aware of how badly the Eagles have been playing, with the Buc's track record, I wouldn't have been surprised to see the Eagles rally to win.

Speaking of that, the Eagles team looked so defeated.  There was no urgency on their sideline.  I'm not sure what the guy said who was mouthing off to Jalen Hurts on the sideline, but I hope he didn't blame him for the loss.  That was a team failure.  We love Jalen (Roll Tide!), and root for him when he's not playing the Bucs.  His O-line didn't protect him very well.  I felt bad for him.   

• Like 4
On 1/16/2024 at 12:35 PM, JTMacc99 said:

Packers too.  Other than the Oline, they got rid of every vet on the offense. Just like the Rams, they had a bit of a rocky start but their young players started putting things together.

But good coaching is important with young teams.  And something has been very strange about the Philly HC when they started to lose that didn't help them turn things around.

23 hours ago, meep.meep said:

I did but it certainly started to feel like work.  Fun watching the Bill's fans throw snow in the air when the team did something good.

The hot football news around here are the jackets that Kristin Juszczyk made for Taylor S. and Brittany M.  A few weeks back she made one for Simone Biles so we'll get to see that this weekend.

Throwing snow in the air in celebration is why I'm a fan of the elements. 

I think they already showed what Biles received.   It was a puffer vest.

5 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Packers too.  Other than the Oline, they got rid of every vet on the offense. Just like the Rams, they had a bit of a rocky start but their young players started putting things together.

They kept their RBs too - AJ Dillon has been there since 2020 and Aaron Jones since 2017.  It's a lot of fun to watch a healthy Aaron Jones with those young WRs and TEs and no-drama Jordan Love.  

I think the Packers have a chance this weekend (I always think they have a chance) but their run defense is lousy.  I can see McCaffrey running wild against them.  Combine him with Deebo and Kittle and the Packers offense will have to be perfect to keep pace.  Plus I don't believe the 49ers will assume they just have to show up to win like Dallas did.  But the Packers could lose by 3 TDs on Saturday and the overwhelming feeling among their fans will be optimism about the future.  

• Like 4

I hate Jerry Jones.  I think he's a terrible human being.  But I don't think keeping a coach who has gone 12-5 over the past three seasons, including winning the division twice, and who has helped improve the play of the QB, is insanity.

Some coaches get to the game in year one or two but it took Andy Reid seven seasons before he did it in KC. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I hate Jerry Jones.  I think he's a terrible human being.  But I don't think keeping a coach who has gone 12-5 over the past three seasons, including winning the division twice, and who has helped improve the play of the QB, is insanity.

Some coaches get to the game in year one or two but it took Andy Reid seven seasons before he did it in KC. 

Focusing on the past three years and ignoring everything else from a veteran coach is just as potentially shortsighted as ignoring the past three years and focusing on the rest.  Mike McCarthy has been a coach for 17 years.  Has Mike proven himself to be the guy to push a team over the top?  If the answer is no then Jerry needs to find someone who has the potential to do so unless he wants the Cowboys to continue being the good regular season team that flames out in the playoffs.

On the other hand, maybe the answer is it doesn't matter because you need a HOF QB to win.  Reid may have needed 7 seasons, but once Mahomes was the starter he pulled it off in year 2.

• Like 1