Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

There also could be a language thing going on here.  My SIL is from Brazil and lived in Chicago for five years b4 she & my brother got married.  She’s been in the US 11 years and occasionally still uses similar words to what she really means.

• Love 1

Criticizing Gisele for, essentially, teaching her daughter a positive life lesson is just looking for inventive ways to shit on Tom Brady some more.  Like, no, there was exactly nothing that was anything less than commendable in what she told her daughter.  How utterly ridiculous.

• Love 3

Gisele brings a lot of criticism on herself with the many questionable things she has said in the past and how she inserts herself into Pats business so no, I don’t feel badly about giving her comment about letting the Eagles win the side-eye.

• Love 7

Let the parent who has said everything exactly right to their child in the heat of the moment be the first to cast stones.

I mean seriously we are arguing over Gisele's word choice????    Everyone misspeaks at times.   Geez.

Every team is 0-0 now.   Let's look forward to the Combine, the Draft, Training Camp and next year's Kickoff.   

My SO actually said when the Super Bowl was over "So no more NFL nonsense until September 6."    He is still trying to figure out why I laughed so hard.

15 hours ago, topanga said:

True, but I’d never seen Brady that obviously emotional (or post-emotional).

Have you never seen the video of him in The Brady Six crying :

Not just crying, but he gets emotional all the time.  Many reports of it, cursing at refs, yelling at refs, whining to refs about this call or that call.  In a loss to the Panthers one year he chased the refs off the field yelling at them, cursing at them. 

And yes all great players tend to be emotional and complain, but the point being he is far from unemotional or some sort of robot. 

And considering the breaks he has got his whole career in many ways, I have no sympathy for him and his tears in a loss. 

If I had my way this is how every season would end, Brady crying over a loss. 

• Love 6

I find her phrasing to be not the best but think I understand what she is trying to say to her kids.  Hopefully she clarified her point later to them.  As for feeling sorry for her, she is an expert at the mommy-shaming so if this episode bothers her at all then maybe she’ll be a little less free with her “advice” in later interviews.

• Love 2

As an Eagles fan I get annoyed at the phrase Let them win that being said she was trying to soothe her child and i cant fault her for that. Perhaps she should have a similar conversation with her husband . Tom Brady did not shake Nick Foles hand and as of yesterday Foles still hasnt heard from him. Dude I get your disappointed but those quarterbacks to the team's you beat have sucked it up and  shook your hand and even if it was too crazy sunday at some point find his number and at least call him. 

I have a tendency to hear bias against my team (whether it's there or not) so take this with a grain of salt but Cris Collinsworth was so awful during that Superbowl.  In the end it doesnt matter because the Eagles won the Superbowl!!!!!

• Love 2

I stayed away from the super bowl until the very end because I couldn’t deal with the comnentary.  Even those last five minutes I found myself yelling at Cris Collinsworth many, many times.  He seemed so sure that every call against the Pats should be overturned and couldn’t grasp why the Eagles TD should count, even though it was clear the ball never touched the ground.  Infuriating!  Husband thought it was hilarious and agreed with me and was very happy I didn’t watch the whole thing.  

• Love 5

So funny seeing Crying Young Tommy as a hippie with long hair.  Waaa Waaa Waaa.   Ya think if Foles wouldn't have congratulated Tommy Terrific if he won there wouldn't be a hue and cry for his head?  Brady family knows nothing about losing "graciously"!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Crs97 said:

I stayed away from the super bowl until the very end because I couldn’t deal with the comnentary.  Even those last five minutes I found myself yelling at Cris Collinsworth many, many times.  He seemed so sure that every call against the Pats should be overturned and couldn’t grasp why the Eagles TD should count, even though it was clear the ball never touched the ground.  Infuriating!  Husband thought it was hilarious and agreed with me and was very happy I didn’t watch the whole thing.  

A Patriots homer through and through-- shameful!

When he talked about how one of the NE defenders grabbing and practically tackling one of the Eagles WRs in the end zone was a good "no call" I knew we were in for a bunch of biased commentating. How is that allowed?

• Love 1

There should be rules for broadcasters of national games that one has to root for the home team and one has to root for the visitors.  This is especially needed in the baseball playoffs where we are stuck with national a-holes on television and the local TV stations are banned.  If you listed to your homers on the radio, its impossible to follow as TV is always 10-15 behind radio broadcast.  It damn well should be possible for local TV to broadcast their team's playoff games in this age of Netflix and such.

All the national TV broadcasters, no matter what network, have their mouths firmly planted on Tommy Boy's arse.  Or the Yankees.'  Or LeBron's.

• Love 3

Jesus Christ, what a god damn evil .......poopy hole of an organization. 

I did not think it was possible for me to hate that god forsaken team and organization any more than I already did. 

Bunch of damn two faced lying cheating buttwipes. 

You wait FOUR WEEKS to turn down the job! 

I assume this means Frank Reich will be the choice for the Colts.  Which may be better for the team anyway, seeing what he did in the superbowl

• Love 2

WOW.   I get it that the Patriots are not liked by some.   But Josh McDaniels just turned down a job.   He didn't commit murder or anything.

I am sure he realized he had a good thing going in NE, that he might not have LIKED being a head coach, or some other completely valid reason.   Maybe it took a while for it to hit him in the head.   Should he have done a Nick Saban?    Take a job knowing darn well he is OUT OF THERE at the first opportunity?

Quite frankly if I had a choice of staying in New England, even as an OC or taking the HC job in Indy, I would stay.    Without LUck, the Colts don't really have a lot going for them.   The Owner is batshit crazy and meddles*.   The only reason the Colts are not considered the equivalent of the Browns is they won all those years with Manning and had a couple of good years with Luck.   It's a mess.   Now should he have realized this and not interviewed?   MAYBE.   But when all the hype is "You are going to be an HC again, every coordinator wants to be an HC, you are THE HOT pick this year" it can turn your head.  

*Irsay is paying for the funerals of Edwards and the Uber Driver killed by a drunk driver over the weekend.   He's a good person, just batshit crazy.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, merylinkid said:

WOW.   I get it that the Patriots are not liked by some.   But Josh McDaniels just turned down a job.   He didn't commit murder or anything.

I am sure he realized he had a good thing going in NE, that he might not have LIKED being a head coach, or some other completely valid reason.   Maybe it took a while for it to hit him in the head.   Should he have done a Nick Saban?    Take a job knowing darn well he is OUT OF THERE at the first opportunity?

Quite frankly if I had a choice of staying in New England, even as an OC or taking the HC job in Indy, I would stay.    Without LUck, the Colts don't really have a lot going for them.   The Owner is batshit crazy and meddles*.   The only reason the Colts are not considered the equivalent of the Browns is they won all those years with Manning and had a couple of good years with Luck.   It's a mess.   Now should he have realized this and not interviewed?   MAYBE.   But when all the hype is "You are going to be an HC again, every coordinator wants to be an HC, you are THE HOT pick this year" it can turn your head.  

*Irsay is paying for the funerals of Edwards and the Uber Driver killed by a drunk driver over the weekend.   He's a good person, just batshit crazy.  

McDaniels didn't just "turn down" a job.  The Colts had ANNOUNCED him as coach earlier today before he told them.  He had told assistants he was going their and had commitments, as did the team with them, to come with them.  We had assumed for weeks he was taking the job, they had some sort of verbal commitment, otherwise the Colts would have kept interviewing other options and potentially already hired a coach rather than waiting until after the SB.  This was not just him saying "no thanks".  He could have done that weeks ago.  This is leading them on and then pulling the deal at the very last minute.  In fact after the last minute since everything else was already in place for him to be hired and actually start. 

He screwed over the assistant coaches as well who had agreed to come with him, now they are in search of new jobs, may not have their old ones. 

POS organization through and through. 

McDaniels just basically proved everyone right about the things that were said about him in Denver, and none of that was good

• Love 14

I just heard about this as I got off of work and sports radio was full of theories:

1. Maybe McDaniels just doesn't believe in Andrew Luck/the organization. The comparison the hosts used was like a bride or groom getting cold feet at the altar.

2. Kraft offered McDaniels the head coaching job after Belichick retires, which a) secures the succession (so to speak)  and b) screws over the Colts, in revenge for Deflate-gate. 

3. Maybe Belichick is ready to move on sooner rather than later, given how differently he acted before the Super Bowl as opposed to all the other ones (smiling during media day, going to a basketball game during the week, wearing a fedora, etc).

4. Maybe Kraft is eager to see the end of Belichick, because many inside the halls of Foxboro are still pissed about the game time decision to not play Malcolm Butler on defense and will always wonder if it cost them the game.

5. It was pointed out that Belichick did a similar thing to the Jets once upon a time and it was ultimately the right decision, for him anyway.

Personally, I'm all here for the Patriots turning into Game of Thrones because it's hilarious to me how worked up people get about them. 

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

they had some sort of verbal commitment

A verbal agreement is not worth the paper it's written on.   He didn't have the job until he signed on the dotted line.   The Colts announcing before they had his signature on a contract shows how DISORGANIZED an organization they are.     Which is a sign of other problems.    

Maybe McDaniels could have handled it better.   But it doesn't make him a lying POS.   It makes him someone who changed his mind before he signed the contract.   WHICH HE HAD EVERY LEGAL RIGHT TO DO.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

I am sure he realized he had a good thing going in NE, that he might not have LIKED being a head coach, or some other completely valid reason. 

Maybe he got some info that Luck isn't a far along as hoped and was expecting him to be ready for week 1. 

2 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

A verbal agreement is not worth the paper it's written on.   He didn't have the job until he signed on the dotted line. 

Seriously. This happens literally in every profession. Maybe they were still working on terms of the job and couldn't agree. There's all sorts of reasons. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

Sounds like NE told him he's the heir apparent. He handled this pretty badly however.

They better have told him he will have a job for life their because he will never get another chance at a head coaching job anywhere else in this league. 

And that's not just what Colts fans are saying, that is what pretty much everyone is saying around the league

I don't know when BB retires, but this is the Pats and McDaniels and now hooked together for however long it lasts.  THey chose him and he chose them, no going back. 

This is them saying we think McDaniels is the man to take the pats into the next decade whenever BB and Brady are done. 

ANd this is about more than Luck. If he had cold feet about Luck, he would have told them weeks ago no.  That would have been question one for anyone interviewing with the team.  If that was the concern, never would have come that far. 

Edited by DrSpaceman73
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

A verbal agreement is not worth the paper it's written on.   He didn't have the job until he signed on the dotted line.   The Colts announcing before they had his signature on a contract shows how DISORGANIZED an organization they are.     Which is a sign of other problems.    

Maybe McDaniels could have handled it better.   But it doesn't make him a lying POS.   It makes him someone who changed his mind before he signed the contract.   WHICH HE HAD EVERY LEGAL RIGHT TO DO.

Teams announce all the time before they have things signed, in every professional league out there.  Its has nothing to do with disorganization with the Colts.  Its standard procedure.  you set up a press conference, release a press statement.  There was no legal wrangling here over the contract or disagreement about the terms, was not what this was about. 

McDaniels was hiring assistants, there was a whole staff he had in line and had told he was taking the job.  If you as a "head coach" are hiring assistants already for a job you are not sure you actually want, then yes, you are a lying POS and leading people on and it affects other peoples lives, many peoples livers, not just your own.  If HE wasn't sure, he should not have been hiring other people and telling them to leave their jobs, which is what he was doing. 

He can stand by the "what I did was all legal" precedent in true BB fashion if he wants, but its once again adds fuel to the fire that the whole organization will screw over whoever they want whenever they want in whatever fashion they want. 

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

If HE wasn't sure, he should not have been hiring other people and telling them to leave their jobs, which is what he was doing. 

People make their own decisions and we have no idea what McDaniels told any of the new coaches. I've read they were brought on because of Josh and also that the Colts hired them on their own, so I don't know for sure.  Either way, they have to make the best of new situation, big deal.  People do it every day.

This is no different than an employee going back and forth between two potential employers, trying to get what is best for him and his family, be that money, don't have to move, whatever.  Ideal situation for him actually.

Just like when a player leaves for a new contract or plays both sides, I can't envision ANY scenario where I will feel badly for a multi-million dollar owner and organization, no matter who it is.  They can all cry on their sacks of money.  To me, McDaniels is the "little guy" here - he was able to use his leverage and parlay this into more $$$ for his family and he doesn't have to move (which rumor say his wife wasn't happy about) then more power to him; he got what he wanted. 

23 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

He can stand by the "what I did was all legal" precedent in true BB fashion if he wants, but its once again adds fuel to the fire that the whole organization will screw over whoever they want whenever they want in whatever fashion they want. 

Every single organization does that.  Then NFL as an organization does that.  The Patriots wanted to keep him, no way are they going to do what's best for the Colts, which is at it should be.

IMO, this a bad look for Josh especially since he also got together a staff of assistants to go to the Colts with them. Some of them had other job offers but turned them down to go with him. Now they might end up being displaced. Mike Garafalo of NFL Network is reporting that the Colts might keep them, but they were misled by Josh. Plus, it possibly messes over the next HC the Colts hire because they may not get to choose their own assistants.

He should not have let the Colts hire him and also assemble staff of people unless he was sure he was going to the Colts. Especially if he was leaning towards going back to NE. This decision ends up affecting more people than him.

• Love 8

Yeah, I'm a Pats fan, but if Josh doesn't stay with the Pats for life now he may never get another NFL job. What bystander owner is going to sign off on talking with him after spurning the Colts at the 11th hour and 59th minute? The time to say "No" was about three or four weeks ago.

Maybe Josh shook Andrew Luck's hand and it fell off.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Fukui San said:

Yeah, I'm a Pats fan, but if Josh doesn't stay with the Pats for life now he may never get another NFL job. What bystander owner is going to sign off on talking with him after spurning the Colts at the 11th hour and 59th minute?

If someone really wants him, they will interview him and make him sign before proceeding.  I just don't view NFL employment as being like the real world.  The pool of coaches is small - Marvin Lewis got an extension, how many times was Jeff Fisher hired, is Jon Gruden worth $100M, etc.

• Love 1

Maybe he had regrets.  Maybe he realized Luck wasn't as far along as he thought. Maybe maybe maybe..... None of this is would have been brand new information.  And none of this makes it a less shitty thing to do. 

I don't care about The Colts.  And I don't even care much about the Patriots.  But because of the rush to hire the best talent out there, there is a way things are done in the NFL, especially when it concerns a team waiting on a coach until the new coach's team is out of contention. 

"It's perfectly legal" is a pretty low bar. 

7 minutes ago, raven said:

If someone really wants him, they will interview him and make him sign before proceeding.

I don't think this has 100% ruined his chances with another team. But I do think, if he wants to be head coach of another team, he better hope his team is eliminated sooner rather than later. Another team might hire him but I doubt another team is going to wait on him after this. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

"It's perfectly legal" is a pretty low bar. 

To us.  The NFL runs by its own set of rules, like any other too big for itself organization.  Another team will probably not give McDaniels as much time as the Colts did, which honestly probably should have been a tip off - Patricia was right out the door, most coaches are.  There were rumors Monday that McDaniels was waffling.  IDK, the signs were there. 

I think a potential employer would have to feel very confident and have him signed.  I just don't think this is a much a black mark against him as others do if he wants a HC job in the future, only because it is the NFL.  Obviously, my opinion.

9 minutes ago, raven said:

The NFL runs by its own set of rules

Exactly.  It passes the legality bar but it broke one of NFL's own set of rules.  Although, it'd crack me up if he was told he'd get Bill's job when he retires only to have the Patriots go in a different direction. 

Better get it in writing, Josh.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ganesh said:

Maybe he got some info that Luck isn't a far along as hoped and was expecting him to be ready for week 1. 

This was the first thing I thought when I heard the news, tbh. Unless you are 500% sure Luck is good to go, Indy is not an enticing job imo, at least in McDaniels’ situation. I wondered if he got new information on Luck and/or just really had misgivings about hitching his horse to that wagon.

1 hour ago, Fukui San said:

Yeah, I'm a Pats fan, but if Josh doesn't stay with the Pats for life now he may never get another NFL job. 

I don’t think that’s true—NFL teams have short memories and success means you can be forgiven a lot—but I DO think it’s a clear sign that Kraft sees him succeeding Belichick. I don’t think Kraft would’ve stepped in and sweetened McDaniels’ offer to the degree that he must have without seeing McDaniels as the heir apparent. (tbh though I was surprised McDaniels even considered other jobs...taking over a championship-caliber team whenever BB steps away is waaaaaay better than going into a rebuild situation, which most HC jobs are, and Kraft will give him plenty of time.) I also wonder if this means BB is leaving sooner rather than later. He’s said he’s in for 2018, but after that...?

I’m torn on this. On the one hand, objectively I agree that what McDaniels did is not cool and shows, at the least, lack of knowledge of his own mind/a real lack of professionalism. OTOH, it’s absolutely his right—he’s hardly the first person to get last-second cold feet about a potential new job, and he’ll hardly be the last—and he’s got to do what’s best for himself and his family. I do agree warning signs were plainly there. And, well, it’s Irsay. Hard to get all that upset about much of anything happening to him.

The folks I DO feel genuinely, most sorry for are the ones who already signed contracts with the Colts. That sucks, and McDaniels owes each of them a sincere apology and a REALLY nice gift. And also maybe a spot with the Pats if he can swing it.

After what McDaniels did in Denver I don’t know why anyone would want him anyways.

I hope NE didn’t tell him he’s the heir apparent since they *wink wink nudge nudge* can’t because of the Rooney Rule. But it wouldn’t be a surprise if the Pats flouted that rule too.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, mojoween said:

I hope NE didn’t tell him he’s the heir apparent since they *wink wink nudge nudge* can’t because of the Rooney Rule. But it wouldn’t be a surprise if the Pats flouted that rule too.

After what the Raiders did in hiring Gruden you sure can.   The Raiders claimed they hired Gruden before they fired Del Rio, so therefore they didn't have to comply with the Rooney Rule.   The NFL agreed with their reasoning.   So apparently you can make someone the heir apparent before the old coach goes.

• Love 2

You can hate on the colts and Irsay if you want.  Irsay needs to step aside and let his daughters run the show,  From what I have heard of them they actually seem sane and reasonable people

But what is McDaniels telling 3 fellow coaches, presumably (now former) friends of his, that are now coaching with the Colts and under contract based on his recommendations and desire to have them hired and who now will be working for some other unknown coach?

And its not just about this one decision for McDaniels.  His tenure in Denver was not just unsuccessful from an NFL standpoint.  Many people in the organization, and players, personally did not like him and had bad things to say about him.  The "spin" for the last 3 weeks from his, and up until last night the Colts, was he was young, it was a learning experience, he had grown since then and things will be different. 

ANd then he does this, so.........just ignore all that.  He has learned nothing.  All about him. 

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/1/20/16910138/broncos-media-helps-explain-what-went-wrong-with-josh-mcdaniels-in-denver

Quote from the link

"During his tenure as head coach, McDaniels alienated every player in the locker room and most of his coaching staff, to the point that nobody was willing to fight for him."

I am sure screwing over 3 fellow coaches in the league is sure to repair his reputation among his peers, right?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

After what the Raiders did in hiring Gruden you sure can.   The Raiders claimed they hired Gruden before they fired Del Rio, so therefore they didn't have to comply with the Rooney Rule.   The NFL agreed with their reasoning.   So apparently you can make someone the heir apparent before the old coach goes.

Agreed. The Raiders showed that there are absolutely no teeth to the Rooney Rule at all.

I liked Peter King’s idea, by the way—he said that in acknowledgment of the way the Raiders sidestepped the rule, they should’ve donated a substantial sum to fellowships and organizations that support sporting and especially coaching opportunities for minority candidates.

The best part of this is the two teams involved.  The Patriots attract paranoia and vitriol and Indy has maybe one of the loosest canons in sports ownership who sometimes has a tenuous relationship with concrete realities.  I would probably be convinced of anything including that a last conversation with Irsay in which he made hiring contingent on getting matching Peyton tattoos on their asses be the typing point of no deal.......

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, bosawks said:

The best part of this is the two teams involved.  The Patriots attract paranoia and vitriol and Indy has maybe one of the loosest canons in sports ownership who sometimes has a tenuous relationship with concrete realities.  I would probably be convinced of anything including that a last conversation with Irsay in which he made hiring contingent on getting matching Peyton tattoos on their asses be the typing point of no deal.......

There are no reports of anything the colts did being why the turned them down, 5 weeks too late.  Irsay had little to nothing to do with this. 

McDaniels accepted the offer, but never signed anything, met with Kraft and BB and Brady probably to tell them and they convinced him to stay.  I assume by likely promising him the job when BB retires, whenever that might be

Of course their can be nothing written down about that agreement, so they could just change their mind and screw him over as well if they want.  Would love to see that happen

• Love 2

If there were any questions before, we now know that there are two sets of rules -- one for the Pats and one for the peons.  

Sorry, I don't follow. How have the Pats broken any rules? They're well within their rights to try to retain a valued coordinator who is waffling about leaving (especially since word on the street is that he was taking several Pats assistant coaches with him, which probably also factored into the decision). If we're talking about making McDaniels the heir apparent, the Raiders just shredded the Rooney Rule with no pushback from the NFL while we don't actually know what has or has not been promised to McDaniels (and we have absolutely no idea whether it will or will not happen), so it might be more accurate to say that it's the Raiders who have their own set of rules.

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, stealinghome said:

Sorry, I don't follow. How have the Pats broken any rules? They're well within their rights to try to retain a valued coordinator who is waffling about leaving (especially since word on the street is that he was taking several Pats assistant coaches with him, which probably also factored into the decision). If we're talking about making McDaniels the heir apparent, the Raiders just shredded the Rooney Rule with no pushback from the NFL while we don't actually know what has or has not been promised to McDaniels (and we have absolutely no idea whether it will or will not happen), so it might be more accurate to say that it's the Raiders who have their own set of rules.

They are well within their rights to do that

But they had 4 or 5 weeks to convince him to stay since the end of the season.  They waited until after he had already committed, at least verbally, and then changed his mind

ANd don't tell me its all about the playoffs and them having no time.  You get two weeks in between the SB and the championship games.  They had a week off with a bye, they had no idea who they would even be playing at the time so not like they could do any game preparation then.  They had time to make their pitch and give him the hard sell well before it happened.  They had to know he would likely be getting an offer somewhere, with all the openings for head coaching jobs.   Ballard had time to go for a second interview with the Colts in the week after the AFC championship.  It took them two hours or less it seems to change his mind.  Don't tell me they didn't have 1-2 hours in the two weeks before the SB to discuss this. 

As for the comments it happens "all the time" in other industries, I know it happens.  And its legal.  But that still doesn't mean it doesn't piss people off and their are no negative consequences for those who pull this stuff in any profession. 

29 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Josh McDaniels' agent also represents Chris Ballard, the Colts's GM. 

Awkward.

Yes, that is part of it as well

Have to wonder if that will change now too. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

They are well within their rights to do that

But they had 4 or 5 weeks to convince him to stay since the end of the season.  They waited until after he had already committed, at least verbally, and then changed his mind

ANd don't tell me its all about the playoffs and them having no time.  You get two weeks in between the SB and the championship games.  They had a week off with a bye, they had no idea who they would even be playing at the time so not like they could do any game preparation then.  They had time to make their pitch and give him the hard sell well before it happened.  They had to know he would likely be getting an offer somewhere, with all the openings for head coaching jobs.   Ballard had time to go for a second interview with the Colts in the week after the AFC championship.  It took them two hours or less it seems to change his mind.  Don't tell me they didn't have 1-2 hours in the two weeks before the SB to discuss this. 

As for the comments it happens "all the time" in other industries, I know it happens.  And its legal.  But that still doesn't mean it doesn't piss people off and their are no negative consequences for those who pull this stuff in any profession. 

Yes, that is part of it as well

Have to wonder if that will change now too. 

it changed.   His agent fired him.   Which yeah, if he was not communicating his doubts to his agent, that's a problem in the agent-client relationship.

Of course his agent had to fire him or the agent loses all credibility and can no longer effectively represent his other clients.  Did I read correctly that he was agent both for McDaniels and the Colts GM?  How does that work (other than not well in this case)?