Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 09/14/15

buffynut
  • Start Topic

Wowie, I wish I could have heard the talking to Whoopi must have had! She ends the show with "watch the debate and tweet us your thoughts" while I haven't heard her say "don't tweet me, I don't care" one time.

But ... she went back to her old sign-off "Take a little time to enjoy whatever view ....."

• Love 2

Good for you Paula.

The 3 comedians at the table were HAMMERING the guest who put out the fat shaming video...... and Paula called them out and said... just a few minutes ago you said there is no line in comedy... why are you so critical now.

they all 3 scolded her.... the guest (not sure what her name is) handled it very well I thought

Yes, that didn't make sense.  They constantly preach about the line comedians walk and they are the fearless truth-sayers of the world,  to the point of discomfort of the masses.   That was bizarre.  My mind went to Joan Rivers doing a "bit" about ugly babies and I wondered if they would have beaten her down the same way (i know, she's no Joan, but still….)

• Love 8

Raven is embarrassing herself over and over again with this "entertainment" demand from candidates. Whoopi tried to school her on this, but Raven is not getting the message. She is too old not to recognize that it is your duty to educate yourself on the issues, listen to the candidates, and vote accordingly. Did I hear that Michelle said that she and Raven would be live tweeting the debate? I can't imagine what Raven will tweet, maybe, "They are boring me. Step up the entertainment." Who would want to see their live tweets anyway? 

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 10

Good for you Paula.

The 3 comedians at the table were HAMMERING the guest who put out the fat shaming video...... and Paula called them out and said... just a few minutes ago you said there is no line in comedy... why are you so critical now.

they all 3 scolded her.... the guest (not sure what her name is) handled it very well I thought

I see your point, Roger. The difference for me is that this comedian was on a long, UNFUNNY diatribe about fat people. Throwing insults out left and right on You Tube is not a comedy routine to me. ( I never thought Don Rickles was funny either, and his whole schtick was insults.) I used to cringe when Joan Rivers made mean remarks about Elizabeth Taylor's weight, but her whole routine wasn't on that one subject, and she was very funny, even if she was cringe inducing. She could get away with a lot of meanness, I know, but I still thought she was brilliant.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 4

Thought I would read the comments again before commenting on this faux pas they made the same day they made the nursing comment.

Did anyone catch the comments after the audio played of Kim Cattrall talking? One of the panelists mentioned that she was starting to sound like Madonna. And a few more snipes before they moved on.

I can't believe that not one of the panel knew that Kim was born in England and that her "acting" voice and intonation and inflections is different from her normal speaking voice..

• Love 10
Raven is embarrassing herself over and over again with this "entertainment" demand from candidates

But isn't that what politics has become?  Entertainment.  It shouldn't be and it has definitely weakened our whole system of government but people expect politics to be like a reality show.  There is a cast of characters and they each have a role.  There are villains and heroes and people you love to hate and people you just flat out hate.  I'm sure someone somewhere is planning future Presidential elections to soon be all call in votes.  It would be like American Idol.  Each week each candidate with the lowest number of votes would have to drop out.

I would like to believe that most people pay attention to the candidates and know (or at least try to decipher) what they stand for but when you Republican candidates who are all trying to outdo one another when it comes to offensive behavior to just media attention I'm not so sure.

• Love 5

Now there is an idea - live tweet during the debate and not pay attention....Michelle and Raven are idiots.

Michelle - if you watched CNN and what Trapper (the man asking the questions tonight) then you would know what to expect.

Raven is so immature she thinks each of those running need to come to her although she does not know what she wants to know. And think since they are on tv they are there to ENTERTAIN Raven Symone.

I thought Joy's explanation of the stethoscope was valid. I was a little confused as well because I don't watch beauty pageants and her talent was so unusual.

But imo the nurses will not ease up and are holding the show's facebook hostage.

To the point of putting themselves on a pedestal....notice regular people are not chiming in much there and not to the nurses at all.

I have always respected nurses after taking my parents to appointments and visiting them in the hospital or assisted living. . Except one - a few minutes after my mother passed I asked the nurse if she would have my mother changed into her bathrobe rather than the hospital gown she was wearing. She replied "It will only be stolen when she gets downstains." And this was in an award winning hospital in an affluent small city. I was so shocked in my grief by this reply.

People can say thoughtless things but I think the nurses are taking this far too seriously. Even though my mother's nurse was thoughtless I don't hold it against all nurses.

• Love 9

I used to cringe when Joan Rivers made mean remarks about Elizabeth Taylor's weight, but her whole routine wasn't on that one subject, and she was very funny, even if she was cringe inducing. She could get away with a lot of meanness, I know, but I still thought she was brilliant.

I remember seeing Joan give an interview and someone asked her about Elizabeth Taylor and the fat jokes and she said she met with Elizabeth years later and she said she told Elizabeth you know I told those jokes hoping you would realize you needed to take better care of yourself.  I don't think Joan Rivers was mean just to be mean.  Oh she always went for the joke but I don't think she was malicious.

I can't believe that not one of the panel knew that Kim was born in England and that her "acting" voice and intonation and inflections is different from her normal speaking voice..

To be fair, KC was on not too long ago (when NW was on) and she used her Samantha voice.  However, even I know that KC has spent her post SATC years in London on the stage in various productions.

• Love 3

I have always respected nurses after taking my parents to appointments and visiting them in the hospital or assisted living. . Except one - a few minutes after my mother passed I asked the nurse if she would have my mother changed into her bathrobe rather than the hospital gown she was wearing. She replied "It will only be stolen when she gets downstains." And this was in an award winning hospital in an affluent small city. I was so shocked in my grief by this reply.

Off-topic, but, yes, there are bad nurses out there just like in any other occupation. I remember the nurses were awful to my mother when she was in hospital years ago with a burst appendix, I think it was? She needed help to go to the bathroom and kept mashing the button asking for a nurse, but they never came even though she could hear them gossiping and laughing outside in the hall. She called my father at work and left the hospital that day, getting in an argument with a doctor who didn't want her to leave, because she figured my sister and I could take better care of her at 15 and 12, respectively, than those nurses did. (And we did, btw.) That doesn't take away from the point that nurses shouldn't be seen as "lesser" though, I know.

Still, I have about as much faith and trust in doctors/nurses as I do in the police--none at all!

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 5

Off-topic, but, yes, there are bad nurses out there just like in any other occupation. I remember the nurses were awful to my mother when she was in hospital years ago with a burst appendix, I think it was? She needed help to go to the bathroom and kept mashing the button asking for a nurse, but they never came even though she could hear them gossiping and laughing outside in the hall. She called my father at work and left the hospital that day, getting in an argument with a doctor who didn't want her to leave, because she figured my sister and I could take better care of her at 15 and 12, respectively, than those nurses did. (And we did, btw.) That doesn't take away from the point that nurses shouldn't be seen as "lesser" though, I know.

Still, I have about as much faith and trust in doctors/nurses as I do in the police--none at all!

After my abdominal surgery nearly two years ago, I can say, without a doubt, that it was the worst experience of my life, thanks to nurses, nursing assistants & my doctor(s).  (I had the surgery on Tuesday -- 49 staples -- & left the hospital at noon on Friday (against my Doctors' orders!).

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 2

A nurse tried to have me arrested because she wouldn't let me into my father's ER room because my mother was already there and she wouldn't allow more than one person in at a time, even though all of the other ER patients had lots of visitors, including little kids.  I was trying to find out his condition, and she wouldn't tell me, so I was trying to get into his room to get him to tell her to let me know.  NOW I have their medical powers of attorney, but I didn't at the time.  Unfortunately, it was a Friday evening and the hospital's ombudsman's office was closed, but I did call the following Monday morning.  The next time my dad had to go into the ER, this nurse was nowhere to be seen.

• Love 3

It's my understanding that, like Shari, she is only a part-time host.

No, Candace Cameron Bure is not part-time. She is full time and will be there once she is done with the Fuller House stuff.

No one really knows why they need her as a 6th co-host but the plan is to have her every day.

• Love 2
she told Elizabeth you know I told those jokes hoping you would realize you needed to take better care of yourself.

I've heard that stoy several times...but never from Elizabeth Taylor or her associates.  I think Joan didn't mind being malicious if SHE felt something was funny.  I liked the term "cringe-inducing," and her "humor" wore too thin over the past 2-3 decades.

• Love 8

I see your point, Roger. The difference for me is that this comedian was on a long, UNFUNNY diatribe about fat people. Throwing insults out left and right on You Tube is not a comedy routine to me. ( I never thought Don Rickles was funny either, and his whole schtick was insults.) I used to cringe when Joan Rivers made mean remarks about Elizabeth Taylor's weight, but her whole routine wasn't on that one subject, and she was very funny, even if she was cringe inducing. She could get away with a lot of meanness, I know, but I still thought she was brilliant.

This YouTube comic has other topics on other issues..... they just focused on this fat shaming.

It is not my cup of tea... and honestly I didnt find her all that funny..... she tried to joke from the start but Whoopi scolded her about that too..... I may not like that video but she has just as much right to be offensive than the other comics at that table

I thought Don Rickles was very funny...... but I thought Joan Rivers was just mean...... but she was entitled to be mean.... and Im sure all of the comics at the table would praise her if she did the same comic set as this guest.

I think scolding her like they did was quite unprofessional by ladies who each use offensive comedy in their acts.

• Love 7

Roger, I guess we disagree. I went to You Tube and watched this woman. Apparently she has made lots of You Tube videos and she's really pretty awful, as far as I'm concerned. She's insulting a whole sector of society. Now there are all kinds of You Tube videos reacting to her fat shaming routine and calling her out on it. I guess she's probably happy that she got what she wanted, more views on You Tube and getting national exposure on TV.  The other comedians were rough on her, but I think she deserved it. If they did the routine that she did, they would be hammered for it too.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 7

Today's guest, Nicole Arbour, is a comedian in her mind only.  That fat-shaming video was an extremely poor example of satire and not funny* in any way.  Additionally, Ms. Arbour, if Michelle  felt your "comedy" was borderline bullying, you...THE BULLY...are in no position to tell her it was not.  Most bullies never recognize what they are and the harm they cause.  Obviously her previous efforts at getting into showbiz by any means did not work.  This is the path she has taken.  

*I can see that maybe some fifth-grade bullies think it's humorous.

• Love 6

I watched the whole fat-shaming video and thought it was just an uninformed, tedious rant, it never occurred to me that it was supposed to be comedy -- because not one line struck me as the least bit funny.

There was never any question that Joan Rivers was a comedian even when she was being mean. I read a biography of Elizabeth Taylor where she says that all of Joan's insults really hurt and when Joan told her she meant it as advice to take better care of herself she was furious. Joan wasn't her friend or her doctor and Liz hadn't asked for her "help." This Nicole person tries that "I'm just thinking of your health," bit at the end of her six minute rant and it seemed like the same lame excuse. When is it ever anyone's business what someone else eats?

• Love 8

I am a nurse. Whom ever said it looks like nurses wear their stethoscopes around their neck for looks, I disagree.  Nurses wear them  because  they are their tools.  I have many times said I needed a tool belt to keep handy all of the things I use on the job.  I carry tape, scissors, hemostats , alcohol swabs and any other things I might need in the patient's room.  After all, if you suddenly faint, do you want me to have to go back to the nurses station to get my stethoscope to check your vital signs?   And to the other person, sorry but the days of nurses all in white with hats have been gone for over 25 years.  Scrubs are the best uniform to clean all the blood and guts off  of me.  If you want to know if someone is a nurse, read their name tag.  At the hospital I work at,  almost every job has a different color scrubs to differentiate their position.  Even clerical, office workers are branded with a slacks/shirt look.  We also have our position embroideried on our shirts.  Not hard to tell who is who.  

Nurses are mad because Joy called it a doctor's stethoscope.  They felt she meant that the nurse was playing doctor in her costume.    The problem with this show, is the preparation.  If Joy and Michelle had bothered to actually watched the clip, maybe they could have come up with more appropriate comment.  Most of the time, it seems like the really have no idea what they are talking about.  It seems like it is all about the easy joke instead of informing the audience.

Regarding Raven wanting to be entertained by candidates. I can't even with her.  Maybe she wants the debates to have a talent contest.  No wonder so many are jumping on the Trump Train.  They have no idea what is going on, just want to be entertained.

• Love 18

Only a small percentage of nurses in a few states are unionized.

I am a nurse. Whom ever said it looks like nurses wear their stethoscopes around their neck for looks, I disagree. Nurses wear them because they are their tools. I have many times said I needed a tool belt to keep handy all of the things I use on the job. I carry tape, scissors, hemostats , alcohol swabs and any other things I might need in the patient's room. After all, if you suddenly faint, do you want me to have to go back to the nurses station to get my stethoscope to check your vital signs? And to the other person, sorry but the days of nurses all in white with hats have been gone for over 25 years. Scrubs are the best uniform to clean all the blood and guts off of me. If you want to know if someone is a nurse, read their name tag. At the hospital I work at, almost every job has a different color scrubs to differentiate their position. Even clerical, office workers are branded with a slacks/shirt look. We also have our position embroideried on our shirts. Not hard to tell who is who.

Nurses are mad because Joy called it a doctor's stethoscope. They felt she meant that the nurse was playing doctor in her costume. The problem with this show, is the preparation. If Joy and Michelle had bothered to actually watched the clip, maybe they could have come up with more appropriate comment. Most of the time, it seems like the really have no idea what they are talking about. It seems like it is all about the easy joke instead of informing the audience.

Agreed.

I rarely watch the show and only read this for the snark but knew I had to send what was up when my time line blew up yesterday. It has continued throughout the day today as well. Various nurses, hospitals, doctors and now Johnson and Johnson stating that they are pausing there advertising during the show for now.

Who knows why it has escalated so quickly and so much but it has.

• Love 6

The blonde "comic" that was defending her fat jokes is not my cup of tea. Never heard of her, disliked all the videos they showed of her doing her schtik, but there are all types of comics out there and some people must pay to go see her.

I haven't posted here on the nursing controversy, but let me throw in my two cents. When I watched The View and heard Joy and Michelle's initial comments I did not take it as anti-nursing at all, and really don't think they meant it that way either. I hadn't watched the pagent so when they showed the contestant in scrubs photo and said her talent was delivering a monologue I chuckled and thought it was weird. It was an issue of "this is a talent?" not "nursing profession". After the fact, when I heard she was a nurse, what she did made a little more sense and I watched her performance on OuTube, but it still is unusual to me in terms of a formal talent or skill. I hear stories like that from my nursing friends frequently! In terms of " talent", we are used to people singing, playing instruments, dancing, twirling flaming battons, etc. so someone "reciting a monologue" doesn't strike me as much of a talent since most anyone can memorize and recite a 2 minute speech. Knowing that, there is now hope for me to enter the pagent with a talent since I am not musically inclined!

The whole situation is a good example of the danger of social media, how things get blown out of proportion or twisted into misinformation and then disseminated via Twitter, videos, email, etc. Someone threw out the notion that "The View" made negative comments about the nursing profession and it caught on like wildfire.

Edited by CathInAZ
  • Love 8

I am a nurse. Whom ever said it looks like nurses wear their stethoscopes around their neck for looks, I disagree. Nurses wear them because they are their tools. I have many times said I needed a tool belt to keep handy all of the things I use on the job. I carry tape, scissors, hemostats , alcohol swabs and any other things I might need in the patient's room. After all, if you suddenly faint, do you want me to have to go back to the nurses station to get my stethoscope to check your vital signs? And to the other person, sorry but the days of nurses all in white with hats have been gone for over 25 years. Scrubs are the best uniform to clean all the blood and guts off of me. If you want to know if someone is a nurse, read their name tag. At the hospital I work at, almost every job has a different color scrubs to differentiate their position. Even clerical, office workers are branded with a slacks/shirt look. We also have our position embroideried on our shirts. Not hard to tell who is who.

Nurses are mad because Joy called it a doctor's stethoscope. They felt she meant that the nurse was playing doctor in her costume. The problem with this show, is the preparation. If Joy and Michelle had bothered to actually watched the clip, maybe they could have come up with more appropriate comment. Most of the time, it seems like the really have no idea what they are talking about. It seems like it is all about the easy joke instead of informing the audience.

Regarding Raven wanting to be entertained by candidates. I can't even with her. Maybe she wants the debates to have a talent contest. No wonder so many are jumping on the Trump Train. They have no idea what is going on, just want to be entertained.

I came to post essentially the same thing. I am also a nurse, and wearing a stethoscope around my neck is not because I think it's cool, they are kinda awkwardly shaped, so they don't fit in a pocket, we can't really carry a whole lot so throwing it around your neck is just easiest. I will also add, that we do (or should I guess I can't speak for everyone) clean them betweeen every patient. I clean mine before I examine and after, and generally I try to do it in front of the patient so they can know I did it.

I am in the minority in that I was not offended by the initial comments, I posted yesterday too, but I thought Joys comments were ignorant, but I don't think they were degrading per se. Michelle was ridiculing the use of it as a talent, but I didn't feel like she was ridiculing the profession. Now a lot of the outrage is that I guess Whoopie and Raven implied they weren't listening, so now there is a whole other round of outrage, I did not see the apology but it just feels like they wouldn't have been happy no matter what was said... But I will say Raven should probably just keep her mouth shut... Maybe she just wants to entertain... I guess she is looking to have a future in politics.

• Love 5

The outrage against Joy's comment continues on facebook and elsewhere. I wish they would direct their outrage at a profession that is 90 percent women and yet men who are nurses outearn women by an average of ten thousand dollars a year.

More than 90% of registered nurses in America are women, but don’t think of male nurses as underdogs. According to a new Census report, the average male nurse earns almost $10,000 a year more than the average female nurse

Read more: http://www.thegrindstone.com/2013/02/26/career-management/ouch-male-nurses-make-more-money-than-female-nurses/#ixzz3lwoLQ2Za

• Love 3

I don't see the big deal. Joy and Michelle weren't making fun of nurses, they were making fun of talking about your profession (nursing) during the talent portion of a beauty competition. It was quite humorous in contrast to the other contestants who sang and danced.

On another note, Paula doesn't fit in with this cast. She's very intelligent but doesn't seem to connect with the panelists as friends - making it slightly uncomfortable.

• Love 5

Nurses, in their jobs, don't wear stethoscopes because it's cool.

However, a nurse in a Miss America contest wearing a stethoscope, is wearing it as a costume for her "performance of an original monologue." And for this reason, I stand by Joy and Michelle for what was said. Miss Colorado looked out of place on that stage in that costume. And I say costume not to degrade her career, but because when you're wearing an outfit for a performance of a monologue, it is called a costume.

• Love 8

Maybe TPTB will instruct "the ladies" to study their Tepid Topics a little more & be more aware of the impact of their comments.  Losing J&J might yank their chain a bit.

Too true, Medicine Crow. I think that the nurse's issue was way overblown and misunderstood, but if the View ladies would review what they are going to be discussing and see the video clips in advance, then Joy probably wouldn't have made her remark (which I think was completely innocent). Michelle, on the other hand, was setting herself up for criticism for dissing the contestant's talent presentation (and also for criticizing the violin player, which I think was unnecessary.) 

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 6

Speaking of Paula.... see what I did there Whoopi??

I just saw she favored my tweet to her

LaTosha Adams and Paula Faris favorited your Tweet
Sep 10: @paulafaris polls have no substance.... they change daily and can be manipulated by those asking questions.... why not ask policy questions?

Who knows... maybe they are listening to us.

Edit

Oh... Kenz... I welcome our disagreement...... it makes us both stronger  :)

Edited by RogerFromOhio
  • Love 1

I went to Twitter just to see how they were "live tweeting".... both Whoopi and Joy are silent.... but that isnt surprising.

Raven is just repeating things that were said...and retweeting what others say...... not really sharing her opinion.

Michelle is trying to make jokes about everything.

Paula is quite engaging... she is commenting on others and asking questions..... Im starting to like her more and more

The blonde "comic" that was defending her fat jokes is not my cup of tea. Never heard of her, disliked all the videos they showed of her doing her schtik, but there are all types of comics out there and some people must pay to go see her.

I doubt if she considered herself a comic until she had to defend her cruel video.  I don't think she appears anywhere but in her bedroom making videos for YouTube.

• Love 7

OMG - I've been watching for hours. I finally posted I had to pop 2 aspirin and another poster commented I would probably need to visit the man on the street corner before this way over!

Gotta say Raven is trying!

ETA - she pooped out an hour early.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 4

Yes I watched.... all the way from 6:00.... I must be insane.

Jeb Bush actually said.... Remember... George Bush kept us safe........ I guess he forgot all about the attacks of 9/11

Drives me nuts.

there were too many people on the stage to have any discussion of substance...... too much back and forth with no honesty at all.

I wonder if it will come up later when Bush said Trump tried to donate money to Bush to try and get casino gambling in Florida.... Trump denied he wanted it..... Bush was adamant about it.... I hope some fact checker shares the actual truth with us.

• Love 6

I wondered why no one mentioned Jeb's contribution to the 2007-08 recession.

As per Wikipedia:  In April 2007, Bush joined Tenet Healthcare's board of directors.[92] The following August, Bush joined investment bank, Lehman Brothers, as an adviser in its private equity group.[93] Bush has also served on the board of InnoVida, Swisher Hygiene, and Rayonier and has served as an adviser to Barclays.[94] Bush would later return $270,000 in consultancy fees he had been paid by InnoVida after they declared bankruptcy.[95]

Just sayin'.

• Love 6

I wonder why Carly said Hillary lied about Benghazi - never proved or pursued after Jan. Or why they didn't address the 13 embassies and consulates attacked under GW - 60 dead.

Plus, I think Hillary was working on her flights preparing for much more than dinner convo with world leaders. Why was Carly traveling rather than taking care of HP?

So far no Nicolle on MSNBC.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 4

Oh maryis1, of course these co-hosts wouldn't know that.  They rarely bother to find out about any subject before they blurt out an opinion about it.  

I have a quick question.  I never post.  I read this forum every day.  I'm wondering why Candace Cameron Bure isn't on The View, and isn't even in the opening part of the show?  Did I miss something?

maggie, apparently CCB had a commitment to do a Full House sequel or something for a few months, then she'll show up and my guess is boot Faris since she sounds like the most articulate one at the table.  That is IF this show is still on in January, but then I've come to think of The Spew as a roach that will never die. 

The nurses boycott is interesting to me.  Of all the crappy things this show has said about and done to women, including Whoopi's stubborn defense of Bill Cosby, I'm amazed this is what's getting so many viewers worked up.   So while I don't think Joy's comment was insulting to nurses, (but I'm not a nurse so, maybe it was)  I do think they have done plenty of other shit to deserve a boycott.  Kind of like when a big gangster gets caught cheating on his taxes - you know he's guilty of other crimes but this is the one that tripped him up.   IF Johnson & Johnson is pulling advertising I would guess that's a big deal, although I honestly have no idea how much of a sponsor they were since I FF through all commercials unless I'm watching online and then I mute. 

ETA: 

So far no Nicolle on MSNBC.

She was all over it - with Steve Schmidt.    I think it was on Lawrence O'Donnell's show.  Oh, and she looked good.  I couldn't see her shoes but I bet they were nice.  ;-) 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 7

I really wish Candace wasn't coming on this show now. Not just because she's crazy, but because she's going to throw off what little dynamic they're building for the moment. I enjoy Joy/Paula's back and forth, and I have a feeling Candace'll ruin that. It'll become the two conservatives dominating the discussion while Raven rolls her eyes, Michelle says something she thinks is funny too fast to understand, and Whoopi flips the table over.

• Love 4

There was never any question that Joan Rivers was a comedian even when she was being mean. I read a biography of Elizabeth Taylor where she says that all of Joan's insults really hurt and when Joan told her she meant it as advice to take better care of herself she was furious. Joan wasn't her friend or her doctor and Liz hadn't asked for her "help." This Nicole person tries that "I'm just thinking of your health," bit at the end of her six minute rant and it seemed like the same lame excuse. When is it ever anyone's business what someone else eats?

Also, Joan Rivers never billed herself as "The World's Sexiest Comedian" like this Nicole Arbour does. Joan always made fun of HERSELF first, then went after everybody else. It's what makes for a smart comedian (see also Bianca del Rio of "RuPaul's Drag Race" fame). I looked at Nicole's Facebook page and my head practically exploded after reading to defend the video by saying she was starting a revolution and coming after everybody (and telling a fat woman whose feelings were hurt, "By the way, you're fucking beautiful"). Let's hope she's on Minute 14:59.

I'm fans of the Minnesota Nurses Association on Facebook (very powerful union), and they're STILL going after The View. For the record, I once had a Twitter exchange with Rosie O'Donnell about nurses and she told me "they are the best".

• Love 5

Kim Davis was a Baptist then.  Baptists are Christians.

She was a Baptist! All she did was change Christian denominations? That certainly hasn't been made clear. I thought it was very strange that she was newly Christian given the culture in which she lives. 

• Love 3