Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E22: Reunion (Part III)

• Start Topic

It's your fault if I have nightmares tonight, talula.  That gif you posted is terrifying.  And strangely hypnotic.

Hehehe--you mean this Mondrianyone? Imagine hearing her say that every day?

tumblr_mzgtnzhvu11sqxfjyo1_400.gif

• Love 3

Frankly, Bethenny does not exhibit off-color humor as I feel that her humor level is idling at low to nonexistent.

She just rambles incessantly.

Bethenny is only tolerable in small doses as only A part of an ensemble group. Her weak-ass humor and high strung jittery manic persona is nerve wracking, tiresome, and irritating.

Bethenny believes that she is The Shit, and, that shit must to be spread about and feted.

Bethenny IS dismissive of the great only once in a lifetime business BOON that she received as a Housewife.

With all of the loud proclamations of woe is me , the deliberate dissatisfaction with all things, the offhanded dismissivenes to some, the deliberate harsh emotional and psychological treatment to others, and the self grandiose antics and drama, MACBETHenny most definitely canNOT attach the snidely rendered nomenclature, Scarlett O'Hará to any other than HERSELF.

I think that Heather may have been informed about the positive public comments that LuAnn received about her looks in the YUMMIE undergarments and robe that she wore in the T&C's kitchen scene. Heather then, perhaps, attempted a facsimile of LuAnn's look for public wear and, well,...

Also, about 95% of the time, her "humor" is at the expense of someone else. She ridicules a lot of people who have done nothing to deserve her scorn.
  • Love 10

Frankly, Bethenny does not exhibit off-color humor as I feel that her humor level is idling at low to nonexistent.

She just rambles incessantly.

Bethenny is only tolerable in small doses as only A part of an ensemble group. Her weak-ass humor and high strung jittery manic persona is nerve wracking, tiresome, and irritating.

Bethenny believes that she is The Shit, and, that shit must to be spread about and feted.

Bethenny IS dismissive of the great only once in a lifetime business BOON that she received as a Housewife.

With all of the loud proclamations of woe is me , the deliberate dissatisfaction with all things, the offhanded dismissivenes to some, the deliberate harsh emotional and psychological treatment to others, and the self grandiose antics and drama, MACBETHenny most definitely canNOT attach the snidely rendered nomenclature, Scarlett O'Hará to any other than HERSELF.

I think that Heather may have been informed about the positive public comments that LuAnn received about her looks in the YUMMIE undergarments and robe that she wore in the T&C's kitchen scene. Heather then, perhaps, attempted a facsimile of LuAnn's look for public wear and, well,...

Well amen to your Bethenny post BookElitist. I especially love the bolded sentences. I believe even B would sarcastically agree!

tumblr_nszpeoqiO81rlafseo1_400.gif

Edited by talula
  • Love 4

Heather's idea sucked IMO. I mean a shirtless man to sell a toaster oven? WTF?

I think what all three marketing masters Heather, Josh and Bethenny refuse to see is their way is not the only way.  Someone not liking your idea does not make them entitled it just makes their opinion different.   I agree about the shirtless man-WTF?  Because Heather and Josh didn't take Sonja seriously they handed out  very second rate advice and services. Do Heather and Josh not watch Mad Men?  Bethenny was more concerned about bedeviling Sonja's advisors and trying to pick up a one liner than listening.   I believe that there is a certain lack of awareness when it comes to commenting on others brands.  Sonja did to Luann, Heather did it to Sonja and Bethenny does it to just about everybody (Sonja, Kristen, Ramona  and Heather). 

• Love 3

Hehehe--you mean this Mondrianyone? Imagine hearing her say that every day?

Yup, that's the one.  I'm afraid to stare at it any longer--I have my annual eye exam tomorrow (I really do!), and my doctor might find that image burned into my retinas. 

She's so street, isn't she?  ;o)

• Love 1

OK, does anyone think that Heather, Kristen or LuAnn didn't bother to write a blog after the last reunion show, even though they did not miss writing 1 all season long, or does anyone else think that Bravo only wants Bethenny to have the ONLY blog after the reunion? LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 5

tumblr_nszpeoqiO81rlafseo1_400.gif

This is just one of the reasons I enjoy Bethenny so much.   She poked fun at Ramona's "New Beginnings" party but she also pokes fun at herself.  Is she abrasive, talkative and opinionated?  Yes.  She is but she's also willing to admit it.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 11
Heather's idea sucked IMO. I mean a shirtless man to sell a toaster oven? WTF?

The season before, Sonja had had a photo shoot in her dining room for…a book of recipes? I can't remember. It had to do with the toaster oven, though. It consisted of her draping herself on her dining room table, and - as Kelly pointed out - Sonja wasn't wearing panties and inadvertently flashed Kelly.

In Heather's defense, at least the shirtless man had his genitals covered :)

• Love 8

OK, does anyone think that Heather, Kristen or LuAnn didn't bother to write a blog after the last reunion show, even though they did not miss writing 1 all season long, or does anyone else think that Bravo only wants Bethenny to have the ONLY blog after the reunion? LOL

I doubt the lack of blogs from Heather, Kristen and LuAnn was Bravo's doing.  If it's true that Heather is leaving the show, I can understand why she wouldn't take the time to write a blog.   Kristen has potential life altering issues to deal with right now so she should get a pass.  

Saying that LuAnn's reunion "performance" wasn't her best is an understatement and she received a lot of criticism for it from HW's fans on social media.

08b05160cc9633516c335f571f9ef7121a4accf9

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4

Ramona wasn't sleeping, unless she's the only person in the world who sleeps with her neck rigid and a carefully arranged smile so as to avoid any hint of jowls. 

Look at the stills --- she was ACTING.  And about as well as Lovitz' character on SNL. Got the attention right back on her, didn't it?

• Love 9

Well, I wish someone would offer to me the FREE level of marketing advice and help given to Sonja. People have to pay a very pretty penny for such as that.

Sonja asked Heather's business associates why did they not produce the newly designed box. She wanted to know why just the model existed. She actually had the gall to query why did Heather et al not begin to mass produce 'her' boxes!

Heather had to explain to the twit that it was up to Sonja to somehow finance her production and business. They were not her financiers. She wanted to pretend to be a business woman, yet NOT DO A DAMN THING. It was ludicrous!

Even T(h)eresa Giudice realized that she had to do something other than show up and preen.

She was an idiot. And, is fast approaching lunacy.

• Love 16

Sonja's business was all for show, literally. She's the head of an international luxury fashion brand like I'm the head of Tiffany's. One thing that stood out to me was when they were all questioning her business associates, and asking about distribution and the lack of buyers, etc., and Bethenny said that even when you have a successful business, you still have to work like a dog. Is Sonja working at her so-called company 24/7? Of course not. She seems to spend her days getting facials or vacationing in St. Tropez. They also asked if the CEO of her company (or anyone for that matter) worked for the company full time, and she said no. They even had to rent office space for the day when they had that meeting. None of it is real.

• Love 10

Well, I wish someone would offer to me the FREE level of marketing advice and help given to Sonja. People have to pay a very pretty penny for such as that.

Sonja asked Heather's business associates why did they not produce the newly designed box. She wanted to know why just the model existed. She actually had the gall to query why did Heather et al not begin to mass produce 'her' boxes!

Heather had to explain to the twit that it was up to Sonja to somehow finance her production and business. They were not her financiers. She wanted to pretend to be a business woman, yet NOT DO A DAMN THING. It was ludicrous!

Even T(h)eresa Giudice realized that she had to do something other than show up and preen.

She was an idiot. And, is fast approaching lunacy.

Heather was paid for the advice by virtue of her Bravo salary.    It is just down the middle advertising presentation with a photo shoot.  This is done everyday on business and every day someone asks for leads on financing of their endeavors.  Teresa Giudice got a $250,000.00 advance for her first book.  I don't think Sonja was that far out line thinking perhaps Heather had a fairy Godmother out there for her.  Granted for the most part she is a little goofy but there are people who will invest.  Usually you get a promise of funds before you build the box and the campaign.

Teresa's endeavors were all with other people's money and an excellent example.  Caroline Manzo was putting together a show cookbook involving all the wives and Teresa took the idea ran with it and found a publisher.  Of course her integrity has landed her in prison.

• Love 1

Heather was paid for the advice by virtue of her Bravo salary.    It is just down the middle advertising presentation with a photo shoot.  This is done everyday on business and every day someone asks for leads on financing of their endeavors.  Teresa Giudice got a $250,000.00 advance for her first book.  I don't think Sonja was that far out line thinking perhaps Heather had a fairy Godmother out there for her.  Granted for the most part she is a little goofy but there are people who will invest.  Usually you get a promise of funds before you build the box and the campaign.

Teresa's endeavors were all with other people's money and an excellent example.  Caroline Manzo was putting together a show cookbook involving all the wives and Teresa took the idea ran with it and found a publisher.  Of course her integrity has landed her in prison.

I doubt Heather was pleased with spending a ton of time on Sonja's project and getting yelled at as the end result.  But if the entire "Heather helps with the toaster oven box" was a RH plot-line, then Sonja has no logical reason to think Heather would be her financial backer in real life. 

So Teresa stole Caroline's idea?  Klassy, but not surprising.

• Love 9

Missing Blogs...could it be curtains for Heather, Kristen and LuAnn? Oops...see this is up thread already.

Look at Heather and how small her hips look in this dress style. She would have been better off wearing something like this to the Reunion. The look she wore made her appear sloppy.

webconflead78f-1-web.jpg

Edited by talula
  • Love 2

Sonja could have made MAJOR bank with that design for a toaster oven and limited kitchen utensils. She could have incorporated a "Sexy J" cookbook with sly innuendos as chapter headings.

It could have branched into tv commercials wherein she is in the kitchen with a Sexy Apron(another potential product) and the chosen hunk enters, looks longingly at toaster oven cooking something, and asks, " What's cookin'?" Sonja winks, then screen fades to black. A moment elapses, the text, "Later...", appears on screen. The screen then illuminates showing apron tossed near toaster oven. Sonja and ripped guy looking ABSOLUTELY sated on floor of kitchen,...

Then lickalicious guy slightly groans, "That was great." Sonja then coyly looks at the camera with a confident yet playful grin and says, "I know, it's all in how you handle your (PAUSE) oven.

Scene fades, narrator's voice(NOT Sonja) promotes oven quickly WITH wit and professionalism while oven is displayed with savvy.

If successful, make more with smartly done alterations.

Women AND men of varying ages would rampage. I gua. ran. tee.

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 8

The interesting thing is that Tru Renewal can now only be purchased on Ro's website.  True Faith, as far as I know, is Mario's family business.  It looks like her jewelry can only be purchased through her.  And her HSN is not there.  So all she really has right now is the wine.  Well, and the book but I doubt that's going to be a best seller.

She needs RHNY and a good settlement from the divorce.

She does seem to have abandoned a couple of the businesses.  I wonder if she closed the clothing re-sale business because she thought she could do better as a RH.  That doesn't make sense to me, but it seemed like a real business that required actual work (looking at you Sonja, see, a successful business requires work, work each week). If the TruRenewal was so popular, I'm surprised she killed that one, I thought cosmetics/skin care was a "low cost, high profit" kind of business.

That article about Ramona's partnership in the bar/restaurant has a funny quote:  "I’m single, and spend a lot of time alone now. I’m not going on JDate and Match"

Ramona is Catholic, JDate is for Jews to meet other Jews.....  This should not be a surprise to anyone living in NYC.

• Love 3

Sonja could have made MAJOR bank with that design for a toaster oven and limited kitchen utensils. She could have incorporated a "Sexy J" cookbook with sly innuendos as chapter headings.

It could have branched into tv commercials wherein she is in the kitchen with a Sexy Apron(another potential product) and the chosen hunk enters, looks longingly at toaster oven cooking something, and asks, " What's cookin'?" Sonja winks, then screen fades to black. A moment elapses, the text, "Later...", appears on screen. The screen then illuminates showing apron tossed near toaster oven. Sonja and ripped guy looking ABSOLUTELY sated on floor of kitchen,...

Then lickalicious guy slightly groans, "That was great." Sonja then coyly looks at the camera with a confident yet playful grin and says, "I know, it's all in how you handle your (PAUSE) oven.

Scene fades, narrator's voice(NOT Sonja) promotes oven quickly WITH wit and professionalism while oven is displayed with savvy.

I am in the market for a decent toaster oven, and am not opposed to some clever innuendo, but THAT?  Would turn my stomach,  And turn me off her brand forever.  It may appeal to some, but is a "gua ran tee" turn OFF to others.  Sonja is neither a credible ingénue nor cougar; she is just (with a sexy j) pathetic and laughable.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 11

I'd buy her toaster oven and apron...after reading your commercial...already have the hunk, hehe!

• Love 2

I am in the market for a decent toaster oven, and am not opposed to some clever innuendo, but THAT?  Would turn my stomach,  And turn me off her brand forever.  It may appeal to some, but is a "gua ran tee" turn OFF to others.  Sonja is neither a credible ingénue nor cougar; she is just (with a sexy j) pathetic and laughable.

Lol, no need to get a tummy ache! Sonja's toaster oven ship has sailed. I don't see her trying again, though I heard when Teresa Giudici get's sprung she's all set for promoting a toaster oven, just kidding.

• Love 5

I doubt the lack of blogs from Heather, Kristen and LuAnn was Bravo's doing.  If it's true that Heather is leaving the show, I can understand why she wouldn't take the time to write a blog.   Kristen has potential life altering issues to deal with right now so she should get a pass.  

Saying that LuAnn's reunion "performance" wasn't her best is an understatement and she received a lot of criticism for it from HW's fans on social media.

08b05160cc9633516c335f571f9ef7121a4accf9

IMO, just mine, IF Heather is leaving she would thank the viewers for watching the show, supporting her and write about her Yummie line and the new, fall line and if she is staying, she would do the same. Although Kristen is facing a major private issue with Josh, she did write a blog for reunion part 2 even though the AM scandal was fresh. Dorinda never missed 1 either and LuAnn is pushing her song on twitter and would be in her blog as well. IMO, Bravo only wants Bethenny to have a final blog this season or they will allow hers to stand alone until later this week, they have pushed Bethenny as THE HW this season and I think they are just continuing that trend.

• Love 5

I am in the market for a decent toaster oven, and am not opposed to some clever innuendo, but THAT? Would turn my stomach, And turn me off her brand forever. It may appeal to some, but is a "gua ran tee" turn OFF to others. Sonja is neither a credible ingénue nor cougar; she is just (with a sexy j) pathetic and laughable.

Okay, okay. (hands up) lol.

Fair enough. :-)

I can most definitely understand the sentiments. Just tryin' to help a gal out. :-)

Perhaps, I need Heather's help.

Guess I need to put on my flak jacket and prepare for a pummeling (haha!).

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 2

Sonja's business was all for show, literally. She's the head of an international luxury fashion brand like I'm the head of Tiffany's. One thing that stood out to me was when they were all questioning her business associates, and asking about distribution and the lack of buyers, etc., and Bethenny said that even when you have a successful business, you still have to work like a dog. Is Sonja working at her so-called company 24/7? Of course not. She seems to spend her days getting facials or vacationing in St. Tropez. They also asked if the CEO of her company (or anyone for that matter) worked for the company full time, and she said no. They even had to rent office space for the day when they had that meeting. None of it is real.

I agree with all of this. What I don't get is why all the ladies are so proud of her, clapping at the reunion for her success, telling her what a great job she did at the fashion show, a couple of them even bought her pants online, (Bethenny and Carole) etc, etc.... Surely they can all see through this BS, right? 

• Love 9

Missing Blogs...could it be curtains for Heather, Kristen and LuAnn? Oops...see this is up thread already.

Look at Heather and how small her hips look in this dress style. She would have been better off wearing something like this to the Reunion. The look she wore made her appear sloppy.

webconflead78f-1-web.jpg

Heather is a slim woman-period.  I was re-watching the "Slutty Island" episode from season 4 and she literally has NO extra visible fat on her, anywhere.  Same goes for Lu. Heck they're all really slender when it comes down to it.  Bitches!  LOL I kid, I kid.  But I am jealous.  I'm sure they work for it though. 

• Love 6

I agree with all of this. What I don't get is why all the ladies are so proud of her, clapping at the reunion for her success, telling her what a great job she did at the fashion show, a couple of them even bought her pants online, (Bethenny and Carole) etc, etc.... Surely they can all see through this BS, right?

I agree it was infuriating to watch them all clap for Sonja and pretend she's a successful entrepreneur, but I think I can also answer the question as to why they did it. First, the easy answer - Andy pretty much guided the conversation that way, and even raised a toast to Sonja's success. Anyone challenging that narrative would look like a jerk/party pooper. Which goes to the larger point - Sonja tags anyone who doesn't support her delusions as "unsupportive," and that HW gets ragged for it. Bethenny even chastised Heather at the reunion for not always being supportive, all the while knowing how Sonja's business is fake. They're kind of in a no-win situation. Deep down (or not that deep), they know it's a farce, but saying so at this point makes them look bad, so they might as well just let it play out.

• Love 9

I doubt Heather was pleased with spending a ton of time on Sonja's project and getting yelled at as the end result.  But if the entire "Heather helps with the toaster oven box" was a RH plot-line, then Sonja has no logical reason to think Heather would be her financial backer in real life. 

So Teresa stole Caroline's idea?  Klassy, but not surprising.

Oh I don't blame Heather for being upset with Sonja.  I just don't think she was did it without compensation.  I didn't say Heather would be the financial backer as I don't think Heather has that type of wealth.  I think it would not be out of the realm of Sonja's world for another RH to introduce her to a financial backer.  Heather's company was set up by using other people's money-not her own.  This is suppose to be a group of women who network off each other and I do think Sonja feels like in her various circle of friends there is someone out there willing to invest.  As time goes on I think Sonja realizes there is not a RH in the wings willing to invest in her.

That is one of the many things that soured the Manzo/Lauritas on Teresa.

• Love 1

I agree it was infuriating to watch them all clap for Sonja and pretend she's a successful entrepreneur, but I think I can also answer the question as to why they did it. First, the easy answer - Andy pretty much guided the conversation that way, and even raised a toast to Sonja's success. Anyone challenging that narrative would look like a jerk/party pooper. Which goes to the larger point - Sonja tags anyone who doesn't support her delusions as "unsupportive," and that HW gets ragged for it. Bethenny even chastised Heather at the reunion for not always being supportive, all the while knowing how Sonja's business is fake. They're kind of in a no-win situation. Deep down (or not that deep), they know it's a farce, but saying so at this point makes them look bad, so they might as well just let it play out.

A group of people saying Sonja's business is fake doesn't make it fake.  If you place an order you receive merchandise it is a viable business.  Her endeavor may end up not being successful but it is not fake.  They have all supported the other women's endeavors so why not Sonja's?  From Bethenny bakes to Jill Zarin fabric. 

There were and continue to be RH that are unsupportive of Sonja.  I don't think Luann cares all that much about Sonja having a fashion line. To me, Bethenny and Heather were not supportive int he meeting they attended and Luann and Ramona just weren't involved.  Heather is not supportive of Sonja then when she is called out on it she gets forgetful.  Even the day of the fashion show she was the negative one.  The rest were not.  If the line doesn't work out Heather is both right and unsupportive.  The others are just right and supportive.  Granted that can be done with editing but saying -oh I don't see any buyers I know.  I would think there are different buyers for shapewear than Sonja wear. Or models are expensive and have to be rotated and the trick is to do without notice because of the 10 minute wait.  A very good time to STFU.  If you don't say it the editors can't use it.

A group of people saying Sonja's business is fake doesn't make it fake.  If you place an order you receive merchandise it is a viable business.  Her endeavor may end up not being successful but it is not fake.  They have all supported the other women's endeavors so why not Sonja's?  From Bethenny bakes to Jill Zarin fabric.  

I think the fashion show was real (and all produced for the show), but the business isn't. I haven't read about a single customer talking about their purchase (and I've looked). That's odd. Even Carole and Bethenny said that they bought (or were gifted) a pair of pants, but that they seemed to be custom made (which was a dig at the validity of the business, which seemed to fall by the wayside. The reunion was such a see-saw of calling Sonja out on her delusions and toasting to her "success." Again, odd).

• Love 6

If only Teresa Giudice's and Sonja's shady financiers met and manufactured an international luxury prison hot pot. With a sexy J. Apollo, Joe, and Teresa can make a recipe book featuring popular commissary items. The cover will be toasting wine glasses with handcuffs around the stems. It will be called "In the Clink: Skinnycarceration".

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 10

Plus the obvious "don't poke the crazy." They have tried to talk with her, give her advice, ask intelligent questions. And they got no logical answers, just accusations they are not supportive. Congratulate her on the fashion show and the webpage and call it a day!

I disagree that Heather was not supportive, she did try to give advice and did a lot on the toaster oven. But ultimately, when Sonja has no answers for anything, you can't really help. Bethenny did less, but she too tried to ask intelligent questions and got nothing in return. Heck, both of them went to a meeting they thought was to view the clothes, only to learn it was about hiring models. We can say it was producer interference, but if I were in Sonja's position, I would have given them a heads up regardless. Instead, she couldn't explain what kind of model she wanted.

As to the others, I am not sure why anyone should help her. LuAnn has a fashion line, Ramona is developing products, heck Kristin has her nail polish. Why should they give Sonja - who has a history of not following through with business ideas - the names of potential investors they could use themselves??

Edited by Mrs peel
  • Love 11

Oh I don't blame Heather for being upset with Sonja.  I just don't think she was did it without compensation.  I didn't say Heather would be the financial backer as I don't think Heather has that type of wealth.  I think it would not be out of the realm of Sonja's world for another RH to introduce her to a financial backer.  Heather's company was set up by using other people's money-not her own.  This is suppose to be a group of women who network off each other and I do think Sonja feels like in her various circle of friends there is someone out there willing to invest.  As time goes on I think Sonja realizes there is not a RH in the wings willing to invest in her.

That is one of the many things that soured the Manzo/Lauritas on Teresa.

I have tried to find out who Heather's "backers" are and have only read where she says that Jonathan gave her the start up money she needed to launch Yummie. I did see where she teamed up with a Company 2 years ago to reach and distribute Yummie into Canadian stores but other than that, nothing. Is there something you found that says she is not the sole owner of Yummie or that she had financial backers outside of her husband that own a piece of the company and if so, how much does she own/control?

• Love 2

That's because Dorinda aligned herself with LuAnn. I first noticed it at the FU dinner and then Dorinda's lame "I don't have my contacts in" response to being questioned about the naked man confirmed it.

What I find so surprising is that Heather was voted this season's "favorite" HW in the thread with the same name and yet she took a beating here on the forum for her over-the-top reaction in TC. I like Heather and defended her response in TC so I'm very confused by the poll results.

ETA: At the risk of repeating myself, I'll say it again. Polls allowing multiple votes just don't work.

I agree. Yet, I think its possible to dislike a behavior that a person displays and still like the person. For example, I have posted about disliking some behavior from Heather, Carole, Luann, Kristin, and Bethany. Yet, I like most of these, and really enjoy Carole. Just because I thought Heather overreacted in one situation doesn't mean I dislike her. In fact, I feel like most of the forum is very pro- Heather, so I'm not surprised that she came out on top. Holla!!

• Love 7

This is just one of the reasons I enjoy Bethenny so much.   She poked fun at Ramona's "New Beginnings" party but she also pokes fun at herself.  Is she abrasive, talkative and opinionated?  Yes.  She is but she's also willing to admit it.

I have to say, this is one of the things that I like about Beth. Yes, she drove me crazy for the first half of the season, but I do like that she is able to own her shit. I do think that she has a very high impression of herself. She likes who she is and feels comfortable in her own skin. That particular trait can often come across as arrogant. I think that she is arrogant, but I can see positive aspects in this trait. When she is over the top, she admits that she is. She admitted that Heather was right when she called her a know-it-all. She is. She admits that she doesn't always play well with others. She doesn't. I'm not sure that alot of this has played well for her in her personal life, and that ultimately will be her loss. As far as someone that is on a Reality TV show, it is all good, the same way that it is good to have people like Ramona - who possesses not one ounce of self-awareness - on a Reality TV show. It takes both types to make the chemistry work in this forum. At the end of the day, I think that Beth fought hard to feature her SG brand on the show because I think that is why she came back. Her brand, at least the alcohol part of it, was in a free fall. I cannot blame her for that; this is the stuff that made her a success to begin with. What I don't think was her fault was that this became the "Bethenny show" and the "Bethenny Reunion". I think that was someone else's decision. She got all of the important TH's that made it possible for Beth's point of view to always be the one that told the ultimate story. She always got to give her side of an argument. Someone once said (maybe Alex??) that when there is a disagreement and only one of the gals got a TH, that the person getting that TH would win because they got to advance their argument. I think that is absolutely what happened here. I'm not sure Beth can be blamed for that. The look of rapture on Andy's face whevever she utters a single word tells the entire store for me.

• Love 12

Since we're almost in September, shouldn't Sonja's international fashion lifestyle brand be showing some cruise or spring fashions long about now? oh, and did we MISS fall/winter too??

Fashion Week is coming up in NY in September.  Will Sonja have a show?  My bet is no. 

• Love 10

Looks like the RHONY discussion is wrapping up.  Sniffle.  After Thursday night, I'll have the sads and miss you guys.  So let's all pay close attention Thursday, take notes and have a rollicking good discussion after the show. (Within reason, of course. Think of the mods!)

I'm surprised at how much I think I'm going to miss this show and the 'girls'.  Even Carole.

• Love 4

I have tried to find out who Heather's "backers" are and have only read where she says that Jonathan gave her the start up money she needed to launch Yummie. I did see where she teamed up with a Company 2 years ago to reach and distribute Yummie into Canadian stores but other than that, nothing. Is there something you found that says she is not the sole owner of Yummie or that she had financial backers outside of her husband that own a piece of the company and if so, how much does she own/control?

here is the link  http://upstart.bizjournals.com/entrepreneurs/hot-shots/2013/05/08/yummie-tummie-founder-warns-on-patents.html?page=all  Heather had to have investors.  And she is not the sole owner.

Notice Sean Combs-was looking for investors.

Looks like the RHONY discussion is wrapping up.  Sniffle.  After Thursday night, I'll have the sads and miss you guys.  So let's all pay close attention Thursday, take notes and have a rollicking good discussion after the show. (Within reason, of course. Think of the mods!)

I'm surprised at how much I think I'm going to miss this show and the 'girls'.  Even Carole.

One of the cast will have to get arrested so much like the BH board the discussion continues.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

I'm going to miss RHONY (and all of you) too.  It's always been my favorite.  

I'm not liking the OC at all.  Does anyone know when BH will be back?   The HWs aren't the only game in town.   After watching last season on demand, I'm going to give the new season of Ladies of London a shot.  The new fall season for all the networks will be starting soon so there won't be a shortage of snarkable TV.   All the HW franchises are nearing their expiration date so it may be time to explore other show forums.

• Love 7

here is the link  http://upstart.bizjournals.com/entrepreneurs/hot-shots/2013/05/08/yummie-tummie-founder-warns-on-patents.html?page=all  Heather had to have investors.  And she is not the sole owner.

Notice Sean Combs-was looking for investors.

If I read that article correctly, Heather took out a loan through her investors, which she paid back in 2 years, while she kept majority ownership of Yummie and she is also President of Times Three Clothier, with 1 partner, which is the holding company for Yummie. She owns the majority of stock in both companies it appears. She has also limited her "partnerships" to keep control of her companies it seems, smart move IMO. I think Heather is far superior to Bethenny business wise from this article and I guess that is why she gets asked to panel these business startup programs and not Bethenny.

• Love 5

If I read that article correctly, Heather took out a loan through her investors, which she paid back in 2 years, while she kept majority ownership of Yummie and she is also President of Times Three Clothier, with 1 partner, which is the holding company for Yummie. She owns the majority of stock in both companies it appears. She has also limited her "partnerships" to keep control of her companies it seems, smart move IMO. I think Heather is far superior to Bethenny business wise from this article and I guess that is why she gets asked to panel these business startup programs and not Bethenny.

Heather said that she wished she had taken out a loan after hiring a CFO. Instead she got an investor but insisted on remaining the majority shareholder. She said that she wished she had gotten a loan instead so that she didn't have to give away a large (but not majority) percentage of her company.

Heather said that she wished she had taken out a loan after hiring a CFO. Instead she got an investor but insisted on remaining the majority shareholder. She said that she wished she had gotten a loan instead so that she didn't have to give away a large (but not majority) percentage of her company.

Bottom line is that she is the majority owner in her companies and retains control unlike others.

• Love 5

I just figured Ramona still had her schmatta (sp) business. I've no reason to think otherwise unless she mentioned it on the show. The wine & jewelry just means her name is slapped on the labels. That wouldn't be enough to keep her busy I wouldn't guess.

Her original business RMS Fashions is still going strong (30 years) and probably her main source of income outside of BRAVO.

Last year Ramona, Heather and another were live tweeting on Bravo's website, and Ramona was asked about her resale rag trade, and she said she was no longer doing it.

Someone upthread mentioned that Luann said the show has been good for Bethenny - it has given her something.  Validation and power and attention.  They are all cow-towing to her, and she gets the majority of airtime and the final word on every dispute.  Yuck.  At least they cut back on her airtime the 2nd half of the season. It made the show much more enjoyable/light hearted for me.

I hope Kristen doesn't play, and doesn't come back next season.  You didn't want her Andy because she was normal and boring.  Now that she is suffering through the humiliation that douche of a husband is putting her through, you can't have her to exploit it.

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 7

I have to say, this is one of the things that I like about Beth. Yes, she drove me crazy for the first half of the season, but I do like that she is able to own her shit. I do think that she has a very high impression of herself. She likes who she is and feels comfortable in her own skin. That particular trait can often come across as arrogant. I think that she is arrogant, but I can see positive aspects in this trait. When she is over the top, she admits that she is. She admitted that Heather was right when she called her a know-it-all. She is. She admits that she doesn't always play well with others. She doesn't. I'm not sure that alot of this has played well for her in her personal life, and that ultimately will be her loss. As far as someone that is on a Reality TV show, it is all good, the same way that it is good to have people like Ramona - who possesses not one ounce of self-awareness - on a Reality TV show. It takes both types to make the chemistry work in this forum. At the end of the day, I think that Beth fought hard to feature her SG brand on the show because I think that is why she came back. Her brand, at least the alcohol part of it, was in a free fall. I cannot blame her for that; this is the stuff that made her a success to begin with. What I don't think was her fault was that this became the "Bethenny show" and the "Bethenny Reunion". I think that was someone else's decision. She got all of the important TH's that made it possible for Beth's point of view to always be the one that told the ultimate story. She always got to give her side of an argument. Someone once said (maybe Alex??) that when there is a disagreement and only one of the gals got a TH, that the person getting that TH would win because they got to advance their argument. I think that is absolutely what happened here. I'm not sure Beth can be blamed for that. The look of rapture on Andy's face whevever she utters a single word tells the entire store for me.

If she "owns" her shit then she could perhaps change it. She really doesn't strike me as very happy woman, and her approach to interpersonal dynamics leaves much to be desired

• Love 10
I was surprised that Tim Gunn looked somewhat disheveled last week  His sportcoat was so badly fitted I had to go back and look again.  Ohhhh.  Snarking my idol, Tim Gunn.

Tim's wearing those "tiny suits," which are on their way auf.   He looked rumpled and in need of a dermatologist.  Now back to our scheduled programme.......

• Love 1

Well first off you came up with some story saying Jonathan loaned her the money when I had said she used investors to get her business going. My point is all these people including PDiddy, use other people's money to get going.  It is not as if Sonja is some rare bird out there looking for start up money.  I would not expect an employee of one of these fashion houses to have the funds to start up a line.  Even with 18,000 garments pre sold there is an enormous expense involved.

I don't think you can compare Heather and Bethenny.  If someone came along and offered to buy Yummie Tummie for $100 million Heather and her minority shareholders just might be interested.   Bethenny no longer produces a product she licenses.  We don't have any idea how many of these panels, if any, Bethenny gets asks to participate in.  Bethenny success was a different road, going through Skyy vodka founder as a partner and the engineering the ultimate sale to Jim Beam.  We also have no idea what his percentage in the company is or was.

• Love 2