Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E25: Episode 25

• Start Topic

If that was Johnny Mac's best death stare (what?) and if that's as angry as he gets (again, what?), he's the most mild-mannered person in the house. What a difference from Vanessa's mania and paranoia. 

They always have to make OTEV sound as annoying as possible, don't they? By the third "Bud-daaaaaaah!", I was ready to mute the rest. Good thing I didn't, because I laughed like crazy over Jace's song. His BB legacy isn't going to be first evicted from the 17th season, it's going to be that he was taken off the memory wall.

We already had Train-Face Becky, now we've got Buttered Ramp to the Face Meg. That had to hurt. Didn't stop me from laughing at it, though.

• Love 5

I was "ewwing" when Liz was putting rubber bands in Austin's hair.  Seriously, if you are his "girlfriend" convince him that this is NOT a good look!  I was seriously hoping Vanessa was going to get back door-ed, but the drama queen has skated through yet another week!  I am going to be really pissed if Johnny Mac gets sent to jury this week.  He has grown on me.  I want either him or James to make it to the end.

• Love 5

OTEV! OTEV!

Liz, when your roots are coming in matching the black facepeeling mask the last thing you want to do is wear it back with a headband. Not a good look... and speaking of not a good luck, going in blackface in the house only gives me bad flashbacks to "that season". Luckily nobody from "that season" was around to see it.

Well Liz is sure on a roll... with BUTTAHHHHH!!! *apologizes*

Oh and yeah, that was a sensational face plant by Meg.

Did they actually have to bleep out OTEV at one point?

It does seem like Vanessa being the most tiring person ever is finally getting people to turn on her. I agree though that she didn't need to be dealt with yet, Liz doesn't need more: bloodhand.png

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 1

I've got a lot to say about Steve tonight.

First of all I hope he enjoyed his little hammock scene because that is the closest he's ever going to be able to come to being able to poke a woman from underneath. Sorry it had to be said.

Second Steve SFU about how you want to get Becky out...do you think the viewers are stupid?! You had her right in your cross hairs last Thursday and didn't pull the trigger so stop all your trash talk because you obviously can't walk the walk or however it goes.

And last this a a VERY DANGEROUS point in the game for fans who want to have an exciting finale night. Right around now the light bulb is going to go off in someone's head that Steve is the goat you take to the very end in order to win the game. Any jury voting on game play is not going to award this spineless floater the grand prize. As a viewer I want a suspenseful finale night not a forgone conclusion that whoever is sitting next to him is the winner.

I hope Vanessa is the one to split up the Austwins just for the fact they were all bluster tonight about getting her out but then being too chicken when it came time.

Don't care about OTEV...please bring on ZINGBOT so he can cut Austin to the quick?

James was so backburner tongiht he almost fell off the stove. Did he get a confessional.

Johnny Mac was kind of dumb...you never throw the VETO...never...no matter what deals you may think you have. Why risk it?

Good editing where they overlapped Meg's words and cut them off as she felll.

The CLAY song was actually pretty good.

Austin and his tatoos are just gross...especially in night vision cam when he was pawing at Liz. Can someone split this trio up already?!

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 2

"He gets tuna in it." Julia is definitely my favorite twin, even if she yells Jamesuh in the middle of the night. I like Liz when she is interacting with the hamsters, but her DR's are wretched.

Tonight really punched home just how exhausting Vanessa really is.

John's DR laugh at Meg's misfortune cracked me up.

• Love 1

Okay, I'm going to admit it, I like the twins. I'd like to hang out with them, I want them to win.

I don't really care if they win but I could watch an hour of just the two of them hanging out together. They make me giggle. Still have no idea which is which (or is it whom is whom/who is who???).

• Love 5

And last this a a VERY DANGEROUS point in the game for fans who want to have an exciting finale night. Right around now the light bulb is going to go off in someone's head that Steve is the goat you take to the very end in order to win the game. Any jury voting on game play is not going to award this spineless floater the grand prize. As a viewer I want a suspenseful finale night not a forgone conclusion that whoever is sitting next to him is the winner.

At least Steve has an HOH and 2 veto wins. For that reason, I think Meg is the perfect candidate to drag to the Final 2 rather than Steve, because she's never won anything, and she's never made any sort of game move on her own, without someone telling her what to do or telling her about certain house dynamics (and even then, it's up in the air whether she actually understands).

• Love 1
I was "ewwing" when Liz was putting rubber bands in Austin's hair.  Seriously, if you are his "girlfriend" convince him that this is NOT a good look!

Really!  He looked less like a Khal Drogo wannabe and more like a Weird Al Yankovic wannabe with that crimped hair.

Did they actually have to bleep out OTEV at one point?

It seemed to me that they did -- with that guitar riff sound that they use when Austin plays air guitar.

I think OTEV was supposed to sound like Axl Rose, but I thought he sounded more like Justin Guarini in those Lil Sweet commercials.

There was a cute shot of Julia on the side-lines in the veto comp tonight, singing along with OTEV and holding her hand in that metal-head fist with index finger and pinky raised.

Speaking of Julia, why is she sleeping downstairs (being teased by James) while her sister (the one she shared a womb with) is apparently sleeping in the HOH room with her "boyfriend" she met 8 weeks ago (and only decided was her boyfriend two weeks ago and is now

you don't want to know

)?  Especially when Julia seems to hate him?  It's time for Julia to go rogue!   

• Love 7

I am not sure if there is a houseguest that I do not question the judgement of at this point. I do enjoy that this show is not afraid to point out all the embarrassing attributes of them though. More people falling down and choking, please.

• Love 3

James does crack me up when scares the HG. I'm not sure I would like to be the one getting scared but I appreciate his commitment to it. LOL!!! Poor Meg! Sista can't catch a break, can she? She gets hit with a beach ball and then face plants the slide to OTEV. She is very nice and a perfect goat to bring to the Final. I don't want her her being dragged there though. Whomever brings her will,surely win, right? Is there anyone she could legitimately beat?

• Love 2

Maybe a Meg & Steve finale would be the most hilarious, yet pathetic finale that would finally get Grodner the boot.

Love Julia's bathing suit top.

Guys, here's tip. If you like a girl and she lets you make out with her but cuts you off and says, "Times up!" after 30 seconds, she's just not that into you.

I don't know the status of their relationship at this point, but I think she's doesn't want to look like she's stringing a guy along to the TV audience, so sheet's us know she's into Austin now and is believing her own BS. Depending on who wins the money, they won't last longer than 2 weeks out of this house. 

Still hoping for a James or John win,but I never usually get what I want. 

What kind of crappy facial mask was that? The peel off masks I've used didn't tear off 2 layers of skin with it. 

• Love 4

I've got a lot to say about Steve tonight.

First of all I hope he enjoyed his little hammock scene because that is the closest he's ever going to be able to come to being able to poke a woman from underneath. Sorry it had to be said.

Second Steve SFU about how you want to get Becky out...do you think the viewers are stupid?! You had her right in your cross hairs last Thursday and didn't pull the trigger so stop all your trash talk because you obviously can't walk the walk or however it goes.

And last this a a VERY DANGEROUS point in the game for fans who want to have an exciting finale night. Right around now the light bulb is going to go off in someone's head that Steve is the goat you take to the very end in order to win the game. Any jury voting on game play is not going to award this spineless floater the grand prize. As a viewer I want a suspenseful finale night not a forgone conclusion that whoever is sitting next to him is the winner!

Well first, I'll just disagree with all of this. I won't respond to his ability to "poke" anyone.

I do still wonder about his inability to get out Becky, which is what I think he really wanted.

But as someone who is a fan of this show, I have no problem with Steve building a case as to why he should win. Especially since there's a ton of game yet to be played. I haven't seen where he is a horrible, useless goat. I've just seen where he won a particular HOH he wanted to throw, and had to figure out how to deal with the fallout. I think he handled it pretty well.

• Love 5

Guys, here's tip. If you like a girl and she lets you make out with her but cuts you off and says, "Times up!" after 30 seconds, she's just not that into you.

Is it really that simple? I look at that as the definition of mixed signals and not a answer at all. Which is what Liz has been doing this whole time. I see people calling Austin a crock pot for thinking Liz likes him or what not but she's totally to blame for that. And she has literally said she likes the guy so that also botches your theory.

• Love 1

For an episode I mostly liked, that was exhausting.  Not so much for Vanessa's paranoia, but for the show trying to make more of it than it was. Liz wasn't backdooring Vanessa, we can tell that, show.  Shut up already.

That said, more yay for Liz.  She now has won every type of comp, she's in the lead in winning percentage, and she perfectly articulated the correct strategy in her last DR:  the longer Vanessa stays, the better it is for her.  Go after Vanessa all you like, John.  The twins will be over here, winning the $.

Okay, I'm going to admit it, I like the twins. I'd like to hang out with them, I want them to win. Not Austin though, cause just...ew

I adore the girls and want them to win.  I appreciate Austin's loyalty, but the only reason I want him to make F3 (instead of say, Vanessa or Steve or even John) is because I will laugh and laugh when he gets kicked out in 3rd.  And love the "good cop/bad cop" of Liz giving him the timed micro-make out session, and Julia's eagle eye catching the hickey and laying down the law.

They always have to make OTEV sound as annoying as possible, don't they? By the third "Bud-daaaaaaah!", I was ready to mute the rest.

Seriously, that was the other annoying part of the episode.  I mean, I'm glad to see that Casey still has the gig (I wasn't sure it was him until he dropped the "rocker" voice to go "Sorry, Meg"), I think it's really great that Grodner shows loyalty like this six years after he got sent home third (in a banana suit), but cool it with the "Buddah!", bruddah.  Okay?

James was so backburner tongiht he almost fell off the stove. Did he get a confessional.

Johnny Mac was kind of dumb...you never throw the VETO...never...no matter what deals you may think you have. Why risk it?

Good editing where they overlapped Meg's words and cut them off as she felll.

Hmm, James definitely spoke (forecasting Steve's name being drawn) but I can't remember if he had a DR, either.  And while he finally got his hosting gig (as I wrote last ep, only he and Liz haven't done it yet, and she was definitely playing), OTEV doesn't require a lot of hosting.  All James basically did was tell them when it was time to go out to the back yard and present Liz with the Veto afterwards.

No, I don't know what John was thinking, either.  You're on the block, win the freaking Veto.  Two words:  Domi.Nick.  Becky probably has too much pride to make an "I'll be your bitch" deal for survival (and she's burnt herself with the one person in Scamper Squad who reflexively salivates at the word "deal"), but you never know.  Nobody's going to blame you for winning the Veto.

Much as I don't like Meg, I wrote in her thread that I thought her fall being played for comedy was a bit over the line.  (It's not her fault she's got a wrecked leg, after all.)  But that said, having the fall cut off her DR was just perfect timing.  One can argue with how the editors choose to shape story and characterize the HGs, from time to time, but they just excel at things like this.  (See also the sound dying when Julia is confused about who they're talking about.)

I don't really care if they win but I could watch an hour of just the two of them hanging out together. They make me giggle. Still have no idea which is which (or is it whom is whom/who is who???).

It's "who is who".  They're people, not objects (are you listening, Austin?) so it's not "which is which", and they're engaged in active behavior (even if it's just the act of being), so they take subject, not object, pronouns.

And yes, I love them so much.  At least during the mask-peel segment, Liz had a reason to whine.  Owwwwwww.

I think Meg is the perfect candidate to drag to the Final 2 rather than Steve, because she's never won anything, and she's never made any sort of game move on her own, without someone telling her what to do or telling her about certain house dynamics (and even then, it's up in the air whether she actually understands).

Oftentimes, even if someone does tell Meg about what's going on, she'll refuse to believe them.  Audrey tried to expose Vanessa's alliance with the Austwins and Meg not only scoffed, but now seems to be set on denying it because she doesn't want to admit she was wrong.  And that was five weeks ago.

The only problem with dragging Meg to the finals is that you might literally have to do so.  (Okay, I didn't say I wouldn't do ANY leg jokes.  That one was just too kneesy.)

• Love 3

How could we get a hashtag for James' nocturnal missions and NOT get one for Austin's choke? #tunabeard #tunafail #tunastank #charliesrevenge

That was one of the funniest things I've ever seen on BB, and only wish there was a shot of him afterwards with an animated bird picking tuna flakes out of his hair.

The twins in the DR are hella annoying, but I have to admit to loving their banter in the house. It's one of the super rare times you see people actually being NORMAL and not playing the game.

I would be fine with a win this season of James, Liz, Julia, or - wait for it - Meg. (She's been a shitty strategist, but she does remain strangely upbeat, and I feel for her on the

psoriatic arthritis thing

.) Even JMac or Becky would be okay. Austin cannot win, because he needs to remain a punchline. I do hope Steve gains something positive from this experience, but not a half million dollars. Vanessa has simply been too whiningly emotionally manipulative, hypocritical, and queen of the fire-drilled-into-my-aching-brain trite expressions. At The End of the Day, though, That Being Said, Like, at least she's been a Straight Shooter and will, Like, come out the house without too much Blood on Her Hands. 

• Love 4

WHY? Why am I so naive???? I know they air these discussions about backdooring people and changing the nominee and all that to fuck with our heads. In fact, the one time it really happened - with Shelli- I was not having it for a second. But this week I allowed myself to get sucked in, thinking maybe Liz really would backdoor Vanessa. When she was all ranting about making Vanessa "cry in jury", I was cheering along. But I had to choke on my hopes, just as Austin choked on his tuna. (Can that man get anymore disgusting???)

And I'm worried about Johnny Mac. He's just so confident that's he's perfectly safe, enough so that he threw the Veto, that I'm getting very nervous over here. I think now that the numbers are down, he should have tried to win that thing. Sigh....

Captain Camo is my hero. The end. 

• Love 6
I was "ewwing" when Liz was putting rubber bands in Austin's hair.

Ugh, YES. All I could think of was the monkey's at the zoo, picking bugs off of each other. 

I am going to be really pissed if Johnny Mac gets sent to jury this week.  He has grown on me.  I want either him or James to make it to the end.

Those are the two I'm rooting for as well. I am hoping James can pull off another HOH win next week, otherwise I think his "side" of the house is doomed. 

Is it really that simple? I look at that as the definition of mixed signals and not a answer at all. Which is what Liz has been doing this whole time. I see people calling Austin a crock pot for thinking Liz likes him or what not but she's totally to blame for that. And she has literally said she likes the guy so that also botches your theory.

I agree with you. In the beginning she was giving off a lot more "Give me some space" vibes. But not lately. Just me, I'd NEVER make out with someone I wasn't into. Not even for 30 seconds. He's pushy and a bit delusional, but she's also putting herself out there to an ever increasing degree. This is not at all like Amber, with Caleb, who tried to be nice and not become a target - but wasn't going out of her way to flirt either.

What cracks me up about the Austwins' new distrust of Vanessa is that they're pissed she's doing the exact same thing they are. All week, they've been talking about wanting to get Vanessa out. And then in this episode Austin says something like, 'When someone (Vanessa) in your alliance starts getting paranoid it shows they don't trust you.' Dude, Vanessa has reason to be paranoid because yall want her out just as much as the other side does. And then Liz doesn't like that she games too much and lies. When Liz is blatantly lying to Vanessa's face. Like....just say she annoys you and scares you because she's a scary player. Don't be hypocrites about it.

• Love 4

When Liz said that Vanessa reminds her of Audrey #2, my brain decided she meant Audrey II  from Little Shop of Horrors. And she's right. Vanessa is a mean, green mother from outer space (except for the green part, or mother part).

• Love 2

Clearly the editors were struggling to find enough footage to fill this episode, but I would've much rather seen more of James pranking people in the dark than all the pointless pontificating about Vanessa being a threat and maybe she should go up on the block as a backdoor. Because anyone who's ever seen this show before KNOWS that's just talk and Vanessa was never going to get anywhere NEAR the block this week.

Also known to anyone who's ever seen this show before is that throwing a Veto comp is a sure way to ensure that you're leaving the house on Thursday. Sorry, JonnyMac. :(

Seriously, though, I get his train of thought that if he throws it, it'll show he trusts the Austwins to keep him anyway, and they'll all get out Becky, who's the real threat. For some reason. But these kinds of things always backfire. Maybe there's some way for Becky to persuade everyone to keep her instead? I don't know. I'm just afraid the DR is going to get a LOT quieter after Thursday's episode.

Vanessa does need to take it down a few notches, though. She's a little too aggressive with her game playing. Like Liz said, she's CONSTANTLY talking game. It's a bit much. She needs to relax. I honestly thought the other week when she got nominated, she would simply spontaneously combust, ruining eviction night completely. :D

OK, Becky did NOT want to say that cheesy line about the train.

Why would she stop milking that story now?

If that was Johnny Mac's best death stare (what?) and if that's as angry as he gets (again, what?), he's the most mild-mannered person in the house. What a difference from Vanessa's mania and paranoia. 

Pull-eez. That was as much JMac doing a Death Stare as Michelle Obama doing a Terrorist Fist Jab back in 2008. Austin has just claimed the title of being BB's version of Faux News, and deservedly so.

We already had Train-Face Becky, now we've got Buttered Ramp to the Face Meg. That had to hurt. Didn't stop me from laughing at it, though.

No way Meg qualifies as a butterface.

Even if she has - well, YOU know - actual butter on her face.

Yaknow, this whole post started out sounding so much better in my head....

• Love 1

Well, I can understand Liz deciding not to backdoor Vanessa.  If Vanessa somehow convinces Steve, Meg, James and Becky to vote for John, she'd come after Liz, Julia and/or Austin.  Better to hopefully send Becky home and thus give Steve, Meg, James and John the ability to put Vanessa up on the block next week.  Plus, she'll still have the Aushield too.  Frankly, the Austwins better hope someone puts up Vanessa soon, or V will wise up that come F7-F6, she needs to switch teams so she can make it to the F4 because she's got to know that Austwins are likely never going to nominate/evict any of them until they absolutely have to.

I have to hope that Liz is telling Julia that she only has to put up with Austin another month and she can handle it, hicky and all.  And Julia, Liz may choose Austin to play in veto, you know she's not going to choose him over you in a F3.  Bide your time.

• Love 1

I think as a woman, If you really are attracted to a guy and are developing real feelings for him, you would want to kiss/hug/touch him all the time whether on camera or not. I look at other BB couples and you could tell if they really were into each other. Snuggling practically 24/7, nose to nose in bed. Yes, saying times up is a red flag and she is giving mixed signals. She needs his help in the game. I thinking she does like him, but as a game partner and someone to give her attention. I think she may be trying to convince herself that she likes him.

Just my observation and opinion. Watch they'll end up getting married. Ugh!

• Love 2

First time poster on this forum, but BB has been my guilty pleasure since forever.

Just some observations:

Steve poking Vanessa from under the hammock: this did not surprise me in the least.  I keep expecting someone to open a cupboard in the kitchen and find Steve all curled up in there, just chillin'.

Austin interlocking his fingers behind Liz's head so she wouldn't pull away from his kisses was extremely awful to watch, in a second-hand embarrassment kind of way.  She needs to stop sending mixed signals.  He is getting braver and it's crystal clear that she is not comfortable with it.

And tuna in his beard?!?  Oh hellz no.

Vanessa's mouth moves so fast, her brain can't catch up.  She's like a pre-teenage girl telling a story: "And then...and then...he was all...like, and then..."  She seems to be unable to control her need to embellish and add false details as she talks 100 mph.

I do NOT want to see Johnny Mac leave!  But at this point, anyone who sits next to him in the finals is going to lose.

• Love 6

My favorite moment of the early season was JohnnyMac's incredulity at being asked to forego saving himself with the veto.

And tonight he's faced with basically the same proposal and he says,

"UHHHHHHH. . . .OH-KAY."

Can you imagine snuggling up to hairy, pitted out Austin--with his dirty feet leaving traces of bird droppings all over the sheets--and catching that first whiff of canned tuna breath?

Hey, I'm not knocking anyone's personal style choices, because my own aren't everyone's cup of tea.  But if you're going for hirsute tattooed giant, you'd best combine that look with smelling like fresh warm bedsheets straight off the clothesline.   

Edited by candall
  • Love 4

Can't really tell for sure because it was edited down too much, but it looked like it could have been playful, in which case the hickey may have come later.

And Julia, Liz may choose Austin to play in veto, you know she's not going to choose him over you in a F3.

If you don't know what the comp is going to be, why would you pick your twin instead of somebody on your side with a different skill set? It was basic strategy for Liz to pick Austin instead of Julia.

First time poster on this forum, but BB has been my guilty pleasure since forever.

Austin interlocking his fingers behind Liz's head so she wouldn't pull away from his kisses was extremely awful to watch, in a second-hand embarrassment kind of way.  She needs to stop sending mixed signals.  He is getting braver and it's crystal clear that she is not comfortable with it.

I'm so glad you brought that up; that action made me really uncomfortable. Considering the physical size difference between the two, and the fact that Liz has previously not shown much romantic interest in him (I know, she's wavering lately, but she hasn't been all that into him previously), him holding her head to his and kissing her was just very, very aggressive to me. Ew, it's giving me the willies just thinking about it, not even mentioning the tuna breath.

• Love 5
. Maybe there's some way for Becky to persuade everyone to keep her instead? I don't know.

I wouldn't put it past her. I think she's going to fight hard, while John is going to find it difficult to campaign against her in return. 

Well, I can understand Liz deciding not to backdoor Vanessa.  If Vanessa somehow convinces Steve, Meg, James and Becky to vote for John, she'd come after Liz, Julia and/or Austin.

Why would Vanessa necessarily be up against John, though? Wouldn't he be the likely one removed from the block, leaving Becky vs Vanessa? I can see Steve voting to keep Vanessa, but not John, James, and Meg. Julia and Austin would vote how Liz wanted. I think it would have been fairly easy. 

Do people think the twins are as hot at they think they are? I find them rather strange looking.

THANK YOU!!!!! That shoulder bouncing thing they do in the DR annoys the crap out of me. Can they not sit still??? And Meg has started speaking like them.

• Love 2

Do people think the twins are as hot at they think they are? I find them rather strange looking.

It's not an uncommon dynamic. When you're a Not-So-Hot Girl in the middle of a Hot Girl-rich environment - could be South Beach, or it could be your local bar - how do you get people to think of you as a Hot Girl?

By acting like you're the Hottest of the Hot every chance you get. Eventually some schmuck will buy it - and if HE acts like he thinks you're Hot, he'll probably suck in some other weak-minded schmucks.

Lather, rinse, repeat - and before too long, you'll never have to buy your own drinks.

• Love 2

"He gets tuna in it." Julia is definitely my favorite twin, even if she yells Jamesuh in the middle of the night. I like Liz when she is interacting with the hamsters, but her DR's are wretched.

THANK YOU!!!!! That shoulder bouncing thing they do in the DR annoys the crap out of me. Can they not sit still??? And Meg has started speaking like them.

I have decided to start counting the shoulder shifting in their DRs in an effort to make it more bearable.

If they are sitting next to each other, I can do it. If it's only one of them, by the time I start analyzing for distinctive identifying features, the individual camera time is over. Make them wear name tags or caption them, BB!

They always have to make OTEV sound as annoying as possible, don't they? By the third "Bud-daaaaaaah!", I was ready to mute the rest. Good thing I didn't, because I laughed like crazy over Jace's song. His BB legacy isn't going to be first evicted from the 17th season, it's going to be that he was taken off the memory wall.

For the first time ever, I was not irritated by OTEV.  In fact, it reminded me of King Robert (Bobby B) singing about powdered sugar, in the Bad Lip Reading of Game of Thrones.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=bad+lip+reading+game+of+thrones&src=IE-SearchBox&FORM=IENTTR&conversationid=

How could we get a hashtag for James' nocturnal missions and NOT get one for Austin's choke?

OK, when I first read this, I thought it said "nocturnal emissions" and I was a little grossed out.

• Love 6

I forgot about the hickey!  As Liz is a grown ass woman, not a 15 year old girl, she certainly should have recognized the action that caused the damn thing to appear on her skin in the first place and stopped him.  But it was actually Julia's reaction that pissed me off.  If one of my sisters talked to me (and my "boyfriend") like I was a child, I would have been telling her off right back.  Hey Julia, if your sister wants to walk around with a trashy hickey on her neck, that is her choice and you need to STFU!

• Love 1

Well, Julia is the older sister (by about two minutes), so perhaps she's looking out for her baby sis.

Tonight's eviction will break a streak of sorts.  Wayyyy back in Week 1, when James and Jason were planning the Jace eviction, there was a loosely-formed group of people who were aligned (I hesitate to call them an "alliance"), and comprised more than half of the House.  (The group that Da'Vonne called to that meeting where she put Audrey on blast.)  They were supposed to follow up Jace's eviction by going after the rest of the "outsiders", but instead that 9-person group (James/Jason/Audrey/Da'Vonne/Shelli/Clay/Jeff/Meg/Jackie) has been the subject of every eviction since then, 7 in a row, and their initial targets (Austin, Liz, Steve) have not only survived, but been joined by Vanessa (originally seen as neutral, like John and Becky)  and augmented by Julia's entry into the game.

It's clearly not just about a big comp run by Sixth Sense/"Scamper Squad" (not the actual name), as there were elements such as the original group (briefly called "the High Rollers") turning on Audrey and Clay/Shelli's defection, but it still impresses me that every single one of the targets is still standing, and the original group has been whittled down from nine to two.  Not that it doesn't make more sense to break up John/Becky as a pair, but a part of me will be a little sad that it isn't James or Meg leaving tonight.

• Love 2

One thing I've been wondering about, I don't get all the Steve hate. I don't care much about him one way or another, but I haven't seen him do anything to explain why some hate him so vehemently. Anybody want to explain?

As for Liz's 30 second comment, I figured that was the limit for making out "on camera", rather than a mixed signals type of thing. In other words, until we get out of this house, no make out sessions for longer than 30 seconds, just so we don't get carried away. I too originally thought she didn't like him, but I believe she has changed her mind and does actually like him now (for the moment anyway).

• Love 1

OK, when I first read this, I thought it said "nocturnal emissions" and I was a little grossed out.

Oh, that was totally intentional, trust me. (I had just watched the latest K&P episode with MC Mom; guess jizz was on the brain. Aaaaaand a new fetish is born!)

• Love 2