Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Reunion (Part I)

• Start Topic

Only Part I of the reunion and already Heather broke out the old stand-by accusation of "bullying." Because, apparently, chasing after your co-workers and drunkenly screaming curse words at them and/or asserting that their mothers (I guess it's different when it's your cousin-in-law per her "but it's family!" exasperation in support of Carole) must be ashamed of them doesn't qualify . . . "I'll work on my active listening skills" and then interrupt you and cut you off just minutes later and *then* proceed to become indignant when the person I interrupted becomes annoyed. Guess she didn't get the memo that not everyone - and B of all people - respond as well as Carole to being shushed . . . "Who made you the judge and jury of me dating younger men?!" But I guess Carole got her judicial appointment and jury summons vis-a-vis condemning anyone who wants to fuck in a bar bathroom . . . Lu was practically incoherent in her efforts to defend her perspective on the Adam argument but Carole managed to contradict herself almost as much. You're age-shaming me! But that's totally different from me age-shaming Sonja last year with the "dating/adopting him" remark and the oblique age-shaming of Sonja we're all undertaking right now by waxing offended about the comparison to Sonja. 28? Hell yeah, I'd tap that. But 24 - well, I never! Don't compare me to that!

• Love 22

Kristen didn't say hardly anything tonight. The hair extensions, nails and boobs were too much.

Stiletto nails aren't my thing, but I'll let Kristen have her talons.  I like the color.  If it's from her own line, then good for her.  Be your own billboard.  However, I'm bothered more by those terrible extensions. I'm sure she has more than enough money to go to the salon and get her shit hooked up.  She looked as if she ordered a bundle of hair from Sally's Beauty Supply and did her hair herself.

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 18

Whoa! That was a heated conversation tonight between Carole and Luann! A whole lot of shit slinging and hitting below the belt! I'm on Carole's side on the whole boyfriend thing and Lu came off as a big fat hypocrite.

Kristen didn't say hardly anything tonight. The hair extensions, nails and boobs were too much. I thought everybody else's looks were too overdone except for Bethenny, she looked good.

Their clothes were distracting as heck! Kristen .... Wow

I agree that Bethenny was put together nice. I like her hair like that too.

• Love 11

Thank you, Rahul, for clarifying that "Sonja said Madonna was outside". Is it possible that Madonna walked past the  fashion show locale at some point during the preparations or presentation? Although Madonna's proximity was probably unrelated to Sonja's show, Sonja would be technically correct in that case to say Madonna was outside. Or Madonna may have been on another continent, and Sonja is simply detached from reality.

Edited by grayson
  • Love 17

With the fame comes the money and the power. They are fighting over the money, not the fame. I think Bethenny was being careful (by making the comment about fame, not money).

I agree the closet/man cave was indicative of their relationship. Bethenny was footing the bill, why shouldn't she get the closet she always dreamed of? Bethenny earned the money that allowed them to live a certain lifestyle, and Jason felt entitled to it, and still does. I can't wait until he gets kicked out of that apartment!

Quite simply it always felt like Bethenny built that apartment with a Jason as a tenant.  Crappy way to run a marriage.  If a man built a huge man cave at the expense of his wife's closet and declared it was his money-there would be words.

• Love 19

I don't know who won round one, but LuAnn was the clear cut loser. She was literally in the hot seat throughout, as Andy had to break his "no props" rule so she could fan herself. That was embarrassing- she was truly melting under the pressure of keeping her lies and convoluted excuses straight. Giving a toast to bring Bethenny down? "No, I didn't. I don't remember. Maybe I did, but I own it." (No you don't - you can't "own" something you just said you don't remember doing). Or justifying her anger at Carole for dating Adam: first it's his age, then it's family, then it's "the help."

If Bethenny's frustration at Sonja's delusions was summed up with the trio of smoky eye, updo and Gstaad, then Carole can roll her eyes at LuAnn's trio of excuses: age, family, help, age, family help, age, family, help... That's what it felt like to me.

Yea, it was a rare reunion miss for Lu. She usually owns the reunion stage. But then again, she is usually up against someone like Ramona or Alex, which is an entirely different game. She was a mess tonight.

• Love 18

Agreed. I'm kinda surprised Lu staged such a clumsy war with Carole. Yes, you need to bring the drama to secure that apple, but evil Andy hate hate haaaates when the catfighting seems telegraphed or scripted. Because it's alllll completely authentic, y'all!

• Love 18

I thought the hooker mermaid look described Kristin, not Lu. bosawks, could you clarify?

God, these ladies are exhausting. There's more chatter in one hour of a RHoNYC reunion than all three reunion parts of some of the other franchises. Far too much talking over one another as well.

The only surprise was how relatively demure Ramona was.

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 5

Wow. LuAnn got herself all hot and bothered over her ever changing reasons for why Adam and Carole shouldn't have been--He was Nicole's ex. No! He's younger than Carole! No! Carole poached her "help" from out of her kitchen! No, it was about family! No, he was the chef! No, Carole should have just fucked him and been done; not this dating thing! But he worked for me, too, and and and...Andy, give me your cue cards; it's too damn hot!

LuAnn: Hooking up with young guys is OK. They're for one night stands, of course. Dating a younger man is a problem, however. Because they're for one night stands, like I said.

Well Luann blew it.  Poaching help form the kitchen means Luann no longer has a personal chef for occasions because it is Carole's boyfriend.  Any domestic or personal assistant should kind of be hands off.  It is not the same as dating one's attorney or doctor-it is someone working in your home. Having Carole and Adam over eliminates Carole's niece from the picture and may make Luann and the niece at odds.  I've got nothing for the younger guy argument.  I would have used Carole's own words regarding Sonja and younger men against her.  Carole never really liked Luann so of course she has no real concern for her feelings or her niece's.

• Love 14

Sigh, major rainstorms tonight meant my satellite was hit or miss. But from what I saw...

Kristin - in the preview I was so distracted by the visible boob and the one large piece of hair not tucked behind her ear that I didn't notice the bad extensions and talons. Tonight I was incredibly distracted by the large mole at the base of her right eyebrow! How have I never noticed this before?

LuAnn - if you wanted to continue the Adam discussion, you needed to prepare a coherent statement of what bothered you. Running back and forth between he was your niece's boyfriend, he's younger, and he worked for you doesn't cut it.

Nor Carole, does the excuse that you were going to tell LuAnn 8 days after your first date, but she interrupted you because she already knew, help you. And no, as someone who doesn't have children you do not know how A mother would feel. I say this as a woman who doesn't have children, though I have managed to take care of 5 cats without the help of multiple "co-parents."

And Caole said she witnessed Bethenny call 8 or 9 times,not let the phone ring 8-9 times. That is stupid and borderline harassment. He doesn't pick up? Leave a message. Why would Carole think that was normal??

Sonja really is living in her own little world.

I can't figure out why Heather And Carole thought admitting they were at a lunch where the topic was taking Bethenny "down" - without apparently saying anything against the plan - was a good thing. Though it makes me wonder if some of Heather's behavior was In furtherance of the "plan."

Edited because even after correcting numerous Apple induced errors, ticked and tucked are different words!

Edited by Mrs peel
  • Love 17

Maybe the Countess could explain. She didn't seem to like the allegation that she was up for it.

That's the frustrating or hypocritical thing about her - LuAnn says one thing, the Countess says another. So LuAnn says fucking in the bathroom is ok (so long as he's over 30, or 35, or you're not dating him, or he's not the help....I think), but the Countess says it's not ok, if he's young, or a family friend, or once dated your niece, or works for you...or something.

She was a mess tonight.

She really was. Big time.

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 23

I think Luann is worried about losing her apple again.  She was really, really off her game tonight.  Chest all blotchy, flushed face, stammering, back pedaling, contradicting herself all over the place.  She is usually pretty composed, well spoken, well prepared and straightforward during the reunions.  

• Love 14

I think Luann is worried about losing her apple again.  She was really, really off her game tonight.  Chest all blotchy, flushed face, stammering, back pedaling, contradicting herself all over the place.  She is usually pretty composed, well spoken, well prepared and straightforward during the reunions.  

She's also been very quiet while Carole owns Twitter tonight.

• Love 6

I wish someone would have asked LuAnn if she thought her niece dating "the help" was problematic.

LuAnn truly became unraveled tonight and I enjoyed seeing it.  The Countess was "très uncool."   LOL

Her biggest problem is that she has no answer as to why she seemed to have no real problem with this during the season. She kept insisting that she and Carole were not still friendly, and even Andy was pointing out that they clearly were. It was so obvious that she created this drama at the end, and she had nothing convincing to prove otherwise.

• Love 20

Does anyone else find it disturbing that Hilllary Clinton is supposedly a fan of the sloppiest (no small feat in this coterie) cast member this year? Granted, Dorinda could be exhibiting signs of the same psychosis as Lady Morgan and/or old Hill could have just caught the first couple of episodes - wonder if she also missed the whole mistook a black man for a waiter incident as well?. . . Mrs Peel, I only just noticed the mole on the bridge/brow side of Kristen's eyebrow tonight, too, and found it just as distracting! I understand Kristen's outfit from a conceptual standpoint; the idea/abstract was very '80s gun moll meets gangsta/hip hop fabulous. She was almost reminiscent of Alexia Echevarria, who actually was an '80s mafia moll if I'm not mistaken. But everything went awry in the execution from the poly-blend hair to the fit of her bodice; she needed double-stick tape even more than Heather.

• Love 2

Her biggest problem is that she has no answer as to why she seemed to have no real problem with this during the season. She kept insisting that she and Carole were not still friendly, and even Andy was pointing out that they clearly were. It was so obvious that she created this drama at the end, and she had nothing convincing to prove otherwise.

I think that Carole hit the nail on the head when she said that she thought Luann was interested in Adam (but then quietly commented that it wasn't Adam Luann was interested in, but one of his friends).

I still think that given the opportunity, Luann would have hit that, niece involvement or not!  

• Love 16

Sonja said Madonna was outside. It would be so delicious if Madonna took to twitter and openly proclaimed never having met this delusional bitch.

Madonna was outside of Sonja's show because she wasn't inside watching Sonja's fashion show. Madonna might have been outside the show at an actual fashion week show. Madonna might have been outside of Sonja's show at her concert at Madison Square Garden. Madonna might have been outside of Sonja's show at her town house in London.

Besides LuAnn's other ridiculous reasons for why Carole dating Adam was reprehensible, heinous, and gauche, the fact LuAnn seemed to imply that fuck buddies is akin to dating is bullshit. Fuck buddies aka friends with benefits is sex without commitment. Neither Adam nor Nicole owe their buddy anything if they then want to have a relationship with someone else. And if Nicole was deluded enough to think that Adam would catch feelings he didn't feel when they were actually dating when they were banging without a commitment, then that's a little pathetic.

• Love 21

To me, her bad performance reflects her fake, all-over-the-place season. At some point during filming, she either got nervous that she wasn't bringing enough drama, or she wanted to record and sell a stupid song (Girl Code!), or both, so off to the races she went - picking non-sensical fights, getting angry at things she was fine with five minutes earlier, passing judgment on things she herself did, engaging in Twitter feuds, etc., etc... That's bad enough, but then she had to explain it all, and that's where she got into trouble.

• Love 16

The irony is, I actually think she could have done more to damage her status as a HW next season with this concocted feud than if she had just kept quiet. Andy's sort of predictably obvious, and he was ALL about "don't be all, like, uncool." That line alone was probably enough to secure her S8 apple. She didn't need an incoherent beef with Carole. 

And Luann's usually so good about never letting them see her sweat.

I think she was concerned because she hadn't had any drama or issues with anyone all season. She was getting along with everyone. Last season she did a great job of doing the same, until it appeared that Sonja was doing her wrong. The viewers were largely on her side in that whole deal, and it appeared that Sonja was being a horrible friend to her. There is nothing better for a HW than for it to appear that someone has become a lousy or disloyal friend. I think she got to the end of the season and realized that almost everyone had had some type of an issue with another HW, with the exception of her, so she decided to concoct a narrative where she had been the victim of an unloyal friend. It was a miserable fail and I won't be surprised if she finds herself minus an apple next season.

• Love 14

Sonja said Madonna was outside. It would be so delicious if Madonna took to twitter and openly proclaimed never having met this delusional bitch.

It's already happened (metaphorically). P. Diddy was on WWHL awhile back and said he didn't know Sonja and was never on her yacht!

The John-John scene was painful. Carole was far more composed about it than I would have been. Sonja is living in the past, and I get that it's hard to let that go, but she just embarrasses herself when she talks as if she's still living it. On national TV no less, for all the world to see.

• Love 20

Adam probably was still hooking up with the niece when he started hooking up with Carole. It's trashy but not surprising. If Lu's moral outrage was truly about her niece I'd be on her side even now but it so clearly isn't. Dumb feud.

Bethenny still hates heather!! Haha it's all over her face. I admit even a heather defender like me had moments tonight where I wanted to say "heather let someone else speak for a minute!!"

• Love 17

Look at Carole!

I didn't like her first severe blonde look when she got it done, but Carole looks soooo much better now with the now more faded, natural lighter-colored hair---comparing the before/after pics, the darker hair was a bit too harsh and really faded her out.

She looks a lot better now though; I guess fucking a younger chef really does do a body good!

• Love 1

As predicted, this was the Bethenny hour. They devoted a full 30 minutes to her return to the show, let her talk half the time, and cut away to her reaction shots everytime somebody said something.

Lu lost the Adam debate on every level only because Carole is Beths' "new bestie" and Beth wouldn't jump in to defend her.

Carole looked amazing and the best tonight. Beth chose that square white top to disguise her "food issues," as Andy delicatey put it.

After all my denial, NOW I believe Heather is leaving. If she's retiring "holla" tonight, as she says, then she's retiring. I'm bummed.

• Love 11

Idk, I mostly liked Bethenny.  I thought she'd be acting like the star & taking over, but she was mostly pretty laidback.  I wish she would have copped to how her homeless comment was extremely insensitive to the horrible homeless prob going on in the city now, which is worse than ever.  But no.  Honestly didn't care much for that.

The biggest prob for Lu was that she was so obviously on such a rampage.  Yikes.  She was skeery.  And very, very scattered.  OK, I thought it was bullshit of Carole to tell Sonja not to speak of JFK Jr. cuz he was her family.  But then outta nowhere Lu was flinging arrows at Carole & she said some nasty, cutting, vicious remark about Carole concerning John (maybe not being Carole's family -- I didn't catch the specific remark, but it sounded really nasty in tone).  Man, Lu was so over-the-top in her nastiness to Carole.  Didn't like it.  Ew.

Look, I said it in the thread for the last ep, Sonja's remarks about JFK Jr. were harmless & she was drunk.  Her rambling comments were rooted in that she thought he was a very attractive guy, as a billion other women did, so who the fuck cares?  I was OK with Carole saying nobody who knew him called him John John because this is absolutely correct, but other than that, Carole was off base ordering Sonja not to talk about him.  He is/was a public figure & photographed & talked about maybe every day of his life.  For Carole to demand anyone not to speak about him is ridiculous, and whatever her relationship to him is, it's irrelevant on this issue.

Now, Carole might have said she knew for a fact John was not partying at all in the years before his untimely death & that he was working extremely hard to make his business a success & she was bothered by Sonja's babble because she thought it implied John was a partier rather than the serious hard-working professional he actually was.  But she didn't say that.  Instead, she highlighted that he was her "family".  Idk, seemed to me like she was promoting her Kennedy connection again.  Didn't care for it.

Ugh, I hope we've seen & heard the last of this Lu/Carole/Adam stuff cuz there's is NOTHING new left to be said.  It's just giving me a headache.  Make it stop, Satan Andy.  And oy, Nicole, if you're really that hung up on Adam, get yourself some help, hun.  He really ain't that great.  And Lu, get another chef.  There are a zillion of them around.  And given your sex addict status (OK, I'm guessing on that), Lu, you should make sure he's under 30 & bangable.

• Love 10

Only her left hand is blurry. I was surprised to get the right hand so clearly because she was moving them in the preview clip. Unless she shows them again, I doubt you'll be able to capture a clearer image. I took that screencap on a 1080p monitor in full screen.

ETA : You're welcome! :)

Oh,, AnnA -- you and I would so be friends in real life -- LOL

• Love 3

Did anyone notice Dorinda contradicting herself regarding about her feelings about not being invited to Beth's birthday party? She said she didn't find it strange to not be invited because she didn't know Beth at the time. She said she would have thought it odd if she had been invited. At the time, she said the opposite. She told Beth that her feelings had been hurt because she was left out. Beth noticed it and called her out on Twitter.

• Love 13

LuAnn: Hooking up with young guys is OK. They're for one night stands, of course. Dating a younger man is a problem, however. Because they're for one night stands, like I said.

What cracks me up is she thinks that's good etiquette! It's like a twisted take on the old school idea that there's a certain kind of girl you fuck but not bring home. I mean more power to her for all the sex. Frankly I'm jealous and wish I could get laid as often. But she needs to learn to be proud of it.

• Love 7

Did anyone notice Dorinda contradicting herself regarding about her feelings about not being invited to Beth's birthday party? She said she didn't find it strange to not be invited because she didn't know Beth at the time. She said she would have thought it odd if she had been invited. At the time, she said the opposite. She told Beth that her feelings had been hurt because she was left out. Beth noticed it and called her out on Twitter.

Yes! As soon as Dorinda said what she said, I thought, umm no.

She basically repeated what Beth said on the show. Why they were not invited. That is funny that Beth called her out. Dorinda is trying too hard with Beth.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 10

Does anyone else find it disturbing that Hilllary Clinton is supposedly a fan of the sloppiest (no small feat in this coterie) cast member this year? Granted, Dorinda could be exhibiting signs of the same psychosis as Lady Morgan and/or old Hill could have just caught the first couple of episodes - wonder if she also missed the whole mistook a black man for a waiter incident as well?. . . Mrs Peel, I only just noticed the mole on the bridge/brow side of Kristen's eyebrow tonight, too, and found it just as distracting! I understand Kristen's outfit from a conceptual standpoint; the idea/abstract was very '80s gun moll meets gangsta/hip hop fabulous. She was almost reminiscent of Alexia Echevarria, who actually was an '80s mafia moll if I'm not mistaken. But everything went awry in the execution from the poly-blend hair to the fit of her bodice; she needed double-stick tape even more than Heather.

Re Mrs Clinton, no. Dorinda's explanation made it clear Hillary's support was all second-hand hearsay.

Supposedly the late Richard (Dorinda's departed husband) was a Bill Clinton supporter, and supposedly somebody in the current entourage told Sonja that Hillary is a fan of Dorinda.

I dont believe that hyperbole for like 5 seconds.

• Love 17

I decided that Carole and Bethenny looked the best at the Reunion.

I don't think they looked amazing: Carole's was very date night at a hot club & Bethenny's look was something for a fancy luncheon or book signing but they were the better assembled than the rest of the ladies.

• Love 6

Totally since Dorinda figured out Bethenny likes her she's been so phony with her. This was revisionist history. And they all know it's not about genuine friendships. They're coworkers and it was being filmed! So disingenuous.

• Love 6

Yes! As soon as Dorinda said what she said, I thought, umm no.

She basically repeated what Beth said on the show. Why they were not invited. That is funny that Beth called her out. Dorinda is trying too hard with Beth.

I think Beth is pretty clear on who is trying to crawl up her ass. The thing I saw in Dorinda's statement was an attempt to make Heather look bad - like Heather was crazy for daring to mention that someone in their crew felt left out, even though she was on Heather's side at the time. I think it is awesome that Beth didn't let it go unnoticed. I think that some of these ladies believe Beth will have some sway in who will be asked back.

• Love 14

The biggest prob for Lu was that she was so obviously on such a rampage.  Yikes.  She was skeery.  And very, very scattered.  OK, I thought it was bullshit of Carole to tell Sonja not to speak of JFK Jr. cuz he was her family.  But then outta nowhere Lu was flinging arrows at Carole * she said some nasty, cutting, vicious remark about John (maybe not being Carole's family -- I didn't catch the specific remark, but it sounded really nasty in tone). but wowza, Lu was so just over-the-top in her nastiness to Carole.  Didn't like it.  Ew.

Look, I said it in the thread for the last ep, Sonja's remarks about JFK Jr. were harmless & she was drunk.  Her rambling comments were rooted in that she thought he was a very attractive guy, as a billion other women did, so who the fuck cares?  I was OK with Carole saying nobody who knew him called him John John because this is absolutely correct, but other than that Carole was off base ordering Sonja not to talk about him.  He is/was a public figure & photographed & talked about maybe every day of his life.  For Carole to demand anyone not to speak about him is ridiculous, and whatever her relationship to him is, it's irrelevant on this issue.

Now, Carole might have said she knew for a fact John was not partying at all in the years before his untimely death & that he was working extremely hard to make his business a success & she was bothered by Sonja's babble because she thought it implied John was a partier rather than the serious hard-working professional he actually was.  But she didn't say that.  Instead, she highlighted that he was her "family".  Idk, seemed to me like she was promoting her Kennedy connection again.  Didn't care for it.

Based on how Sonja parties Carole probably freaked out and overcorrected. I think she was afraid that it implied that John was at some wild parties with Sonja flashing the Tremont treasure, losing her teeth, and drunkenly making out with everybody. In reality, they were more than likely very genteel charity functions.

• Love 12

I missed the entire show tonight and only caught a small part at the end. I'll DVR it and watch another time. But during the brief time I watched, I couldn't help but get images of Christmas out of my mind because of LuAnn's awful dress. The style, the color, the fit....all of it was just awful. I've seen gold Lamé and it can look good if the style is right but aqua Lamé just doesn't work. LuAnn's taste in clothes is disintegrating. Dorinda's dress was just over the top garish. Having Dorinda sitting next to LuAnn made them look like a couple of Christmas ornaments.  For such a beautiful woman, Kristen looked just horrible with her long straight hair and her boobs hanging out. I know she's proud of those because they cost a lot of money, but the dress was not flattering to her boobs at all. Bethenny looked haggard and tired. Heather ....well, it's difficult to catch Heather on a good day, and that wasn't one of them.

Sonja, Carole and Ramona looked the best. Their dresses were stylish, tasteful and sophisticated and their makeup was beautiful.

• Love 4

All these HWs need high-pressure 3 am to 11 am, plus overtime, service jobs for, maybe, three months. Taking care of others, loving and supporting strangers, alleviating their fears, buttressing their hopes and dreams. Offering shoulders and handholding.

The NY women are super spoiled and over-indulged. Goes against my grain.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 13