Type keyword(s) to search

This Is CNN (Vaulted)

On 10/13/2016 at 9:13 AM, NewDigs said:

Not usually a CNN watcher and had not seen Brianna before. She was really ineffective last night. KAC rolled right over her. Imho

I saw that too, and as a diehard CNN watcher, I can tell you that was not typical of Brianna.   Brianna is a bad ass and usually does not allow the Trump mouth pieces to get away with their shit.  She especially shined and came into her own in the weeks that she was filling in for Wolf in The Situation Room.  See: Her interview with Michael Cohen and The Polls.  Which polls?  All of them.  Hee.  And he hasn't been back to CNN since!

• Love 6

Thanks @Cementhead. I was hoping that was the case.

I was listening to Wolf on CNN about 5:30-6:00 during my drive home last night and he seemed to be emulating the quiet Brianna, unless he's always so ineffective.

He was interviewing a congressman who had non-stop anti-Hillary talking points and Wolf didn't stop him once. Not even when he said that Hillary wants open borders. Admittedly the leaked bit of speech might leave contextual questions but Politifact rates it false. 

Head meet steering wheel.

• Love 4

Anderson' interview with Mrs. Centerfold was hyped up all day yesterday.

I didn't watch it but Anderson, can't you just say no instead of interviewing people that don't deserve one minute of your time?

• Love 6

Poor Don Lemon, never gets to go on the road with the big boys and girls.... he's holding down the fort in NY while the rest are in Vegas for tomorrow night's show. I wonder how he and Anderson get along, they never do a live toss from Andy's show to Don's...

• Love 2

Bob Cesca, of The Daily Banter, was on the Stephanie Miller show this morning.

He's written a slap down article about trump's "I hate CNN except when I don't".  Very funny read. 

Also on The Daily Banter, Ben Cohen's article "A round of applause for Mark Cuban".  He hates trump and loves to torment him via twitter.

• Love 2

Why do they continue to give Betsy McCaughey airtime? All she does is talk over everyone with her laundry list of talking points. 

It's diificut to say which surrogate is the most annoying but Betsy is right up there. She insists that she be able to speak w/o interruption and then goes on to interrupt every single person about every single thing they say.

CC seems to have her on the most and "pairs"her with Sally Kohn who has some of the most expressive expressions I've ever seen.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

Why do they continue to give Betsy McCaughey airtime? All she does is talk over everyone with her laundry list of talking points. 

Whenever I see her, I just go back to that interview with Jon Stewart, who managed to shut her piehole the one time she came on his show to "prove" Obamacare was a death sentence. I can't believe she's still around.

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, lovinbob said:

McCaughey brings out the worst in me, in terms of wanting to critique her appearance. She looks like an off-brand Joni Mitchell with Phyllis Schlafly's politics. 

And her voice... lol

And she will not stop will not let up. ugh

Tiresome.

• Love 2

Michael Smerconish sadly had ol' Pat Buchanan on this morning. Smerconish was shutting Pat down everytime his mouth opened and that sexist, racist and etc. gibberish spewed forth. Pat and Gules need to be locked in a closet somewhere at least until this election is over. Too bad MSNBC didn't keep Smerconish and give him a show after they let Ed Schultz go instead of all the crap they've done since including giving BriWi a show.  

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 6

I like Smerconish, too. WIth a good co-host (ANYONE other than Mika) at MSNBC, he could be a great,  Republican-oriented replacement for Morning Joe.  I see MSNBC has nabbed Ali Vitali, whom I always enjoyed on CNN so maybe it could happen. Also Jon Harwood.

I wanted to compliment one change at CNN that I've been really happy with . I couldn't stand Howie Kurtz--that rightwing propagandist and was glad to see him move to FOX.  But, to my surprise, Brian Stelter does a really good job with "Reliable Sources" now, has made it very watchable and interesting--good guests, good discussion and he doesn't appear to be pushing an agenda as Kurtz always did. Nicely done (in spite of other areas of their programming that are abysmal).

• Love 4

WHY! Does Jake Tapper try to have a rational interview with Kellyanne Conway? It's not possible. His frustration was very evident. I felt sorry for him.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 12

Does anyone else remember that when the Trump video first came out, Erin Burnett mentioned that she had a friend whom he had done something similar to (groping and kissing). The friend never came forward and Burnett doesn't mention it anymore.

I wonder how she feels now that Trump has said all of his accusers are flat out liars, working for Clinton or looking for fame. She knows that what they said is true and that it's TRUMP who's the liar.  I wonder how that feels, when you're reporting things the candidate says that you know personally are lies--and how important it is for Americans who support him to know that he IS lying to them, forcefully and effortlessly.

• Love 4

Hahahaha anyone else see Dana Bash's interview with KA Conway in her house... she actually has a curved staircase almost exactly like the one they used on SNL during the "KA's Day Off" sketch a few weeks ago!

• Love 3

Jake Tapper interviewed Mr. Khan today.  He's out campaigning and has made a commercial that's airing for Hillary.

Mr. Khan got very emotional and rightly so when Jake, who I usually think is the best thing on CNN, asked him about Rick Perry's criticism that he threw the first punch when he gave his speech at the DNC.

Ya know Jake, who gives a shit.  That you would even bring up Rick Perry is absurd and there were a lot of things to talk to Mr. Kahn about that were meaningful.  Rick Perry isn't even relevant.

Mr. Khan's outrage at the question at least got him to go on a several minutes rant against trump!

Edited by stormy
  • Love 10
On 10/25/2016 at 7:55 AM, Janc said:

Hahahaha anyone else see Dana Bash's interview with KA Conway in her house... she actually has a curved staircase almost exactly like the one they used on SNL during the "KA's Day Off" sketch a few weeks ago!

The Trump enablers starting their rehab. With the help of CNN.

Shouldn't be surprising as they have been given a seat at the table to defend and perpetuate his rhetoric, and getting paid for doing so. 

Does anyone else remember that when the Trump video first came out, Erin Burnett mentioned that she had a friend whom he had done something similar to (groping and kissing). The friend never came forward and Burnett doesn't mention it anymore

I got the distinct impression that she didn't plan on brining it up, in the heat of the moment --to counter Trump's mouthpiece, she threw it out there.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 2
On 10/24/2016 at 3:36 PM, Padma said:

Does anyone else remember that when the Trump video first came out, Erin Burnett mentioned that she had a friend whom he had done something similar to (groping and kissing). The friend never came forward and Burnett doesn't mention it anymore.

I wonder how she feels now that Trump has said all of his accusers are flat out liars, working for Clinton or looking for fame. She knows that what they said is true and that it's TRUMP who's the liar.  I wonder how that feels, when you're reporting things the candidate says that you know personally are lies--and how important it is for Americans who support him to know that he IS lying to them, forcefully and effortlessly.

Erin brought it up today with a Trump surrogate. Scottie Nell Hughes maybe?  Anyway Erinprefaced her question about the sexual assault charges by saying "I have a friend who was groped against her will by Donald Trump and I know this account to be true. "  The response was gibberish and Erin's face could barely contain her rage

• Love 7

The New York Times' Executive Editor called out CNN, along with Fox News, for its 2016 election coverage.  He specifically cited the hiring of Corey Lewandowski as "outrageous" and rightfully called him a "political shill."

I vaguely remember when CNN used to simply report the news, straight with no chaser.  My boss has Sirius radio in her car and when she gives me a lift home, I immediately insists she change from CNN to something else.  The station might as well be called Drumpf Central.

CNN Gets Called Out

• Love 10

I'm a glutton for punishment so listened to CNN's take on the Comey scandal last night driving home from work

Wolf was USELESS!!!!

He had that ghoul Giuliani on and just pretty much let him talk w/o correction and little interruption. The Ghoul kept accusing him of not letting him speak and of lying to him!

My head, my head. I think I just elevated my BP thinking about it. 

And Ghouliani needs better fitting dentures. Stat.

• Love 5

CNN legal analyst, Paul Callan, was on with Poppy yesterday.  He's written an op-ed on CNN.com:  Time for FBI director Comey to go.

It was very good and it's also interesting that today on CNN they reported that former republican justice employees wrote op-ed's in the Washington Post and they agree.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

Can someone explain to me how CNN terminated its relationship with Donna Brazille but still has a a relationship with Corey?

How does that work exactly?

I'm For Her, but here's how I see the difference. Lewandowski didn't use his position at CNN to unearth privileged information from CNN and funnel it to his candidate. Brazile did.

• Love 3

So Brazile's "shared question" was for the Clinton / Sanders townhall in Flint....something like, "Someone will ask you how you're going to help the citizens of Flint (re water) if you're president?"

OMG. I think my 10 year old nephew could have known THAT question was coming! Geez.

Meanwhile....Corey Lewandowski consults with Trump every day, and spins for him--paid by Trump and CNN--every night. And THAT is okey-dokey!

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Padma said:

So Brazile's "shared question" was for the Clinton / Sanders townhall in Flint....something like, "Someone will ask you how you're going to help the citizens of Flint (re water) if you're president?"

Yes, that's benign. However, right or wrong, the "optics" [which should mean squat, but it is politics] are less so. And the average voter will perhaps put credence into the "See? The debate WAS rigged!" rhetoric. Because, as much as it saddens me, some do not take the time to really dig for the truth and accept the screaming headlines that make up the media these days.

Edward R. Murrow must be doing somersaults in his grave.

• Love 4

I've never been impressed with Brazile and always wondered how she's gotten so far.  I hope the Dems kick her out of the interim chair of the party position she now holds.  She's an embarrassment.  If there was one candidate over the many years of presidential debates who did not need assistance ahead of time with a debate question, it was HRC, for Pete's sake.  Sheesh.  And I still find it offensive that CNN employs Corey.  I don't think any of the networks should be employing shills (or former shills) of candidates.

Here's a question:  Does Wolf Blitzer ever go on vacation?  The man is always on CNN it seems--even on weekends.  I'm so weary of his droning voice I could scream.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, annzeepark914 said:

Here's a question:  Does Wolf Blitzer ever go on vacation?  The man is always on CNN it seems--even on weekends.  I'm so weary of his droning voice I could scream.

He's a robot. They turn him off when he's not on camera. Most of the time it seems like the switch has gotten stuck between off and on anyway.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 9

7:30 am on CNN. What are they showing? A borderline hysteria "discussion" between Christine Quinn and Cory Lewandowski. Jesus Christ stop CNN!  The network is basically jacking themselves off at this point!  There's no news here. We have all heard it before. People would like news in the morning for the love of Pete!  Who do they think woke up this morning and said " I need to hear to extremely partisan shills debate the character of the presidential candidates. I haven't heard about these two.  I have to vote soon!"

Well I have to leave it there....

Edited by novhappy
  • Love 8

I really don't know what a reporter's responsibilities are when interviewing "normal" folks but I was just listening to CNN and they had someone (female) talkng to families divided by this election.

She was interviewing two sisters who cancelled out each others' votes and when she asked the Trump voter what she liked about Trump the sis said because he was a good businessman. When the $900+million dollar business loss was brought up she said, "Oh, maybe he just bought something." My first big, huuuh?? Then she said she had been in the military and wouldn't trust a "criminal" (Hillary) with a security clearance. 

Shouldn't the reporter have said that she's not a criminal? Or at least used the word "alleged"? Or asked, "What the hell do you buy for over 900 million dollars?"

It seemed wrong to leave that hanging out there but what's an interviewer to do?

• Love 4
On 2016-11-09 at 11:05 AM, NewDigs said:

Wolf Blitzer!

Equally as ineffective at both 4am and 11am.

Wolf is annoying as hell!!!!!  Now he is taking over other anchor's shows????  He asks John King if he is "sticking around?"  King looks a bit perplexed while being a gentleman and saying um yeah I have no choice without saying MY SHOW STARTS AT NOON AHOLE!!  LOL. 

Wolf needs to go, second is Costello the whiner.......love the rest of the anchors.

• Love 6
On 11/9/2016 at 10:31 AM, novhappy said:

My god. Wolf Blitzer was on last night from evening till I fell asleep at 4am. And he is back on!!

Wolf is everywhere!. I wonder when the election panels will go away. It's annoying to have so many people on one set at a time.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

So, someone said on the panel last night that only half of those eligible to vote actually did vote & the other half split between Hillary & Donald.  Is that true?

Yes. Sad, isn't it? 

47% of eligible voters didn't vote. 25.7% voted for Hillary. 25.6% voted for Donald.

• Love 4

Can someone who knows how to find/interpret ratings please give us a post election viewing report? I can't bear to watch any cable news, and I bet I'm not the only one. (I'm crossposting this in MSNBC as well, not in Faux.) Thanks very much in advance.

Edited by pamster
17 hours ago, pamster said:

Can someone who knows how to find/interpret ratings please give us a post-election viewing report?

TV Ratings: 71 Million Watched 2016 Election Returns Pour In; CNN and Fox News Set Records

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-ratings-nbc-leads-early-election-night-numbers-945493

In primetime, CNN led cable news coverage with 13.3 million viewers between 8 and 11 p.m. Fox News Channel was a close second with 12.1 million viewers, while MSNBC earned 5.9 million. In cable news' ever-important adults 25–54 demographic, CNN led the three-hour block with 6.6 million. FNC averaged 4.6 million, while MSNBC earned 2.4 million.

• Love 4

Saw just a few moments of Don Lemon last night, but liked what I saw from him.

One of the blonde Trump surrogates (why are they still on my TV?) was saying how the booing of Pence at Hamilton was another example of "New York elites" being out-of-touch with the rest of the country.

Lemon replied calmly and quietly that, in fact, NY theater audiences are made up largely of people from elsewhere who, far from being "elites," have scrimped and saved for a trip to New York and a show.

Edited by Milburn Stone
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Milburn Stone said:

Saw just a few moments of Don Lemon last night, but liked what I saw from him.

One of the blonde Trump surrogates (why are they still on my TV?) was saying how the booing of Pence at Hamilton was another example of "New York elites" being out-of-touch with the rest of the country.

Lemon replied calmly and quietly that, in fact, NY theater audiences are made up largely of people from elsewhere who, far from being "elites," have scrimped and saved for a trip to New York and a show.

Yes, I saw that too & gave Don two thumbs up.  (I change the channel whenever I see a blonde TrumpBot!!)

Edited by Medicine Crow
Too many words!!
  • Love 2

So one of the CNN afternoon shows had a lengthy discussion of the Hamilton imbroglio then proceeded to discuss why everyone was talking about Hamilton rather than the fraud lawsuit Trump settled. Ummmmm hello CNN? I watched u for several hours -multiple panel discussions and straight reporting about Hamilton, briefest mention of fraud.

they are certainly letting Trump set their topics for them

• Love 10