Type keyword(s) to search

This Is CNN (Vaulted)

2 hours ago, ruby24 said:

So, Mike Pence refused to call David Duke "deplorable." David Duke. Huh.

Well "The Deplorables" have to stick together. Hey Wolf, why are you asking a man who signed a bill  to treat LGBTQ people as second class citizens to call David Duke deplorable?  What Mike Pence did with that bill in Indiana fits under the definition of deplorable.  Stupid media. Are they forgetting this? Unbelievable.

Oh Donald Trump isn't deplorable, he only called Elizabeth Warren Pocahontas again.

Edited by represent
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, represent said:

Well "The Deplorables" have to stick together. Hey Wolf, why are you asking a man who signed a bill  to treat LGBTQ people as second class citizens to call David Duke deplorable?  What Mike Pence did with that bill in Indiana fits under the definition of deplorable.  Stupid media. Are they forgetting this? Unbelievable.

Oh Donald Trump isn't deplorable, he only called Elizabeth Warren Pocahontas again.

But that's not racist, right? Could he call a black senator "Malcolm X" or other African American historical figure and get away with it? Native Americans even told him, on camera, that it's insulting and he kept on doing it to their faces. But that's not bad, not like Hllary calling out Americans who support a candidate who even members of his own party are calling sexist and racist..

I was glad Wolf at least put Pence on the spot. And, of course, Pence couldn't answer because he doesn't actually have strong anti-white nationalist convictions either -- and knows that Trump (Bannon, Bossie, etc) don't. If he did, it really isn't a hard question.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

SO, Trump won't reveal his taxes, charitable contributions or an in-depth health assessment, but he's still a viable candidate?  WTF???

Or his business deals and who he's gotten money from and owes it to.  And it's Hillary that's not transparent. *rollseyes*

• Love 14

Kellyanne's on this morning with Alyson and Chris.  She's the ultimate spin doctor.  She never answers a question.  She immediately goes to her robo answer, well Hillary, blah, blah, blah.

She is so programmed to her supreme leader's BS, that she has now adopted his hair color and new smooth do. Is she sporting Ivanka Trump shoes and handbags too?

I wish someone would ask her "Kellyanne, who said Donald's Trump's supporters are downright nasty and skeeze"?

Opps, that was you in February when you were on team Cruz.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 9

LOL, Jake Tapper said, "OK let's pull out the thesaurus..," to Katrina Pearson, so that they could find a synonym for deplorable, since they don't want to use Hillary's word to describe David Duke and the KKK. 

Edited by represent
  • Love 4

Was watching Chris Cuomo talk to Steve King? this morning about the Trump child care plan.  One of the things he said is that we need more children.  Does anyone remember the days of desired zero population growth and the constant discussion of the number of people in the world? People did what they were requested to do and had fewer children, now we need more? 

Listening to Gloria Borger et al spin Trump's lack of transparency about his (supposed) medical records, and conclude he 'won the media game" by going on Doctor Oz today and pretending he decided on the spot to share some kind of paper with Oz purporting to be results and another letter from Bornstein.

One of the CNN commentators (no surrogates all "journalists") reflected on how "unimportant" it was to know any more about Trump's health (although enyone saying something critical about Trump immediately follows it up with "Hilary needs to show more, too").   The media this year has overall done such a bad job.

• Love 15

Let's just say I'm glad I don't have to release MY medical info because I'm pretty sure my blood pressure is increasing daily watching this mess unfold.  I'm seriously starting to get very worried.  And I will place a lot of the blame on the media, including CNN, if the unthinkable happens. Everyday I watch in horror as they legitimize every bizarre move of the Trump campaign while raking Hillary over the coals for every little thing.  People are getting assaulted at his rallies (happened twice again this week here in NC), there's the taxes issue, the Russian issue...So many things that they should be covering thoroughly, yet they don't.  But they are practically in death vigil mode for Hillary, showing the video of her stumbling again and again and asking numerous quacks whether her doctor's info is good enough. 

I know they need a horse race in order to drum up viewers, but it's getting ridiculous and frightening.  At first I thought they were just trying so hard to not be labeled as "evil librul media", but BREAKING NEWS, CNN... he's going to call you the evil librul media regardless of what you do!  Then I hoped they were just doing it for viewers during the disgrace of a primary season we endured, and would get more real after the conventions and as the election got closer and they had less to lose. But now I'm starting to believe the theory that some have floated that they might actually want Trump to win because his "presidency" would guarantee 4 more years of wacky antics to cover.  You know, World War III, press conferences revealing the nuclear codes, probably impeachment proceedings at some point, etc.  Until he shuts them down over some perceived slight, that is. 

By the way, who is that little dark-haired twit with the constant smirk on his face that has been on pimping Trump?  He was on with Don last night and my TV almost didn't survive the experience. 

Edited by Katydid
  • Love 17
28 minutes ago, Katydid said:

By the way, who is that little dark-haired twit with the constant smirk on his face that has been on pimping Trump?  He was on with Don last night and my TV almost didn't survive the experience. 

I don't know his name but Bakari laughing at every lie coming out of his mouth gave me life. So did the lady who is one of the most succinct and feisty Clinton surrogate I've seen. The problem with most of the Dem surrogates is that they are not as firm and consistent as this lady was.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, Katydid said:

Andy Dean? (Wikipedia - Former Trump contestant and works/worked for one of Trump's businesses.)

• Love 1

Of course MR Trump doesn't want Anderson to moderate a debate.

He's jealous of Anderson.  Anderson comes from old American money, he's probably richer than Trump and it goes without saying, Anderson is a class act not a kook.

• Love 7
On 9/15/2016 at 9:23 AM, Katydid said:

Let's just say I'm glad I don't have to release MY medical info because I'm pretty sure my blood pressure is increasing daily watching this mess unfold.  I'm seriously starting to get very worried.  And I will place a lot of the blame on the media, including CNN, if the unthinkable happens. Everyday I watch in horror as they legitimize every bizarre move of the Trump campaign while raking Hillary over the coals for every little thing.  People are getting assaulted at his rallies (happened twice again this week here in NC), there's the taxes issue, the Russian issue...So many things that they should be covering thoroughly, yet they don't.  But they are practically in death vigil mode for Hillary, showing the video of her stumbling again and again and asking numerous quacks whether her doctor's info is good enough. 

I know they need a horse race in order to drum up viewers, but it's getting ridiculous and frightening.  At first I thought they were just trying so hard to not be labeled as "evil librul media", but BREAKING NEWS, CNN... he's going to call you the evil librul media regardless of what you do!  Then I hoped they were just doing it for viewers during the disgrace of a primary season we endured, and would get more real after the conventions and as the election got closer and they had less to lose. But now I'm starting to believe the theory that some have floated that they might actually want Trump to win because his "presidency" would guarantee 4 more years of wacky antics to cover.  You know, World War III, press conferences revealing the nuclear codes, probably impeachment proceedings at some point, etc.  Until he shuts them down over some perceived slight, that is. 

Nods. If this con man and fascist gets elected I will blame the mainstream media at least in part.  If they hadn't given him  the podium every time he farts out another disgusting lie, and made a mountain out of a mole hill of Clinton's missteps along the way....

I expect this from Fox but CNN and MSNBC have been helping Trump along almost as much while whoring for ratings.

• Love 7

Nods. If this con man and fascist gets elected I will blame the mainstream media at least in part.  If they hadn't given him  the podium every time he farts out another disgusting lie, and made a mountain out of a mole hill of Clinton's missteps along the way....

I expect this from Fox but CNN and MSNBC have been helping Trump along almost as much while whoring for ratings.

To tell you the truth, I've turned to FoxNews quite a few times when MSNBC and CNN were airing Trump's bullshit rallies and they weren't airing them. I was like are you kidding me? How can FoxNews be this much smarter than CNN and MSNBC?

It's not that they are smarter, they're just much less pathetically desperate for ratings.

Edited by represent
  • Love 2

The thing Hillary said wrong when she called half of MR Trump's supporters deplorable was that she didn't include the press.  They have not been held accountable for allowing this man to to rant and rave, he and his surrogates to lie and bullshit.  Instead they have gleefully covered him every minute of every day.

So if they seem tough on him now, it's too late.

• Love 12
On 9/15/2016 at 0:23 PM, Katydid said:

I do think a Trump Presidency would be great for TV news ratings, but don't CNN & the other cable news business have a responsibility to inform the public about issues, consequences of the various candidates platforms?

The "horserace" coverage is tiresome. Why isn't anyone covering the "groundgame" in battlegrounds like Ohio?

• Love 3

IMO it is the responsibility of the press both TV and written.  How else is the average person going to get informed?  What they choose to watch or read and how well they become informed is a personal responsibility.

It was a fact that when John Stewart was on, that's where most young people got their news.  And he did a damn good job.

• Love 4

The more this stuff goes on, I actually am kind of angry at Jon Stewart. How dare he leave television when we need him so much? (Only half kidding) He may not have thought Trump would be where he is now (one step from being our 45th president), but the other GOP choices were scary, too. 

For all the times he ripped on the media, he also probably never imagined they would cover this election so abysmally. But we certainly miss him. Not only would he be bringing witty skewering of Trump (in particular, though of course he'd mock HRC too) in a way that no one else does, we also know he'd be "giving it to" the media, especially FOX and CNN, hopefully at least making the latter more responsible.

If Stewart was still on, giving his satirical zingers of criticism of candidates and press coverage alike, cable news would  be replay The Daily Show clips regularly--that was REALLY Jon Stewart's biggest impact, imo. As appalling as the election is, in some ways the pathetic tv journalism has been even worse.

I wonder if Stewart has any regrets. I'm not saying he could change the outcome, but I think his voice did have a significant impact--including on the millennials who just don't seem that energized to go out against trump.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, stormy said:

IMO it is the responsibility of the press both TV and written.  How else is the average person going to get informed?  What they choose to watch or read and how well they become informed is a personal responsibility.

It was a fact that when John Stewart was on, that's where most young people got their news.  And he did a damn good job.

I think the loss of Jon Stewart has hurt the campaign coverage. CNN & MSNBC would frequently use clips from his show as teases for their own news shows. It's ironic that the comedy show was more knowlegable about politics than news shows. I also remember that NBC wanted to hire Jon Stewart to host Meet The Press after they fired David Gregory. They ended up settling for Chuck Todd.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 4

I TOTALLY agree with you guys about Jon Stewart and his impact. I didn't even realize it myself until this election cycle how big it was, and I wonder now if Jon has too. He's the only comedian who regularly went after the media, and even now his several successors, including Trevor Noah, Samantha Bee, John Oliver and I would say Seth Meyers, none of them have done media criticism the way Jon did.

And man, oh man, did we need that this year. Imagine CNN this cycle with Jon Stewart's clips replayed on their own network like they always used to do. They paid attention to him and what he said about them. And he would have been roasting cable news and been a check on these networks long before now, when it appears the press may have finally woken up (and it could be too late). I feel the coverage would have been different with him around. We needed him for one more cycle, to press the networks and to encourage young voters that Trump and Hillary are not the same. The one-two punch of him and Colbert (as his pundit character, which ALSO would have been severely needed this year) added to the media conversation in a way that made a real difference, and I now see what that was.

Many at CNN would have been aware of how awful their coverage has been with Stewart around to roast them for this. And that goes for MSNBC as well (not Fox of course, but they were always aware of him too).

• Love 9

Ohhh. Jon Stewart. ::sniff:: And we could use a dose or three of:

image.jpg

Too many of our so-called news/press/media people seem to be nothing more than bad entertainment.

Everyone wants to be a personality. Hell with the news, how does my hair look?

• Love 2

Update:  Apparently Mediaite got it wrong. 

The original post:

Per Mediaite, Corey Lewandowski has been "suspended."

Mediaite has learned from sources that Corey Lewandowski, the former embattled campaign manager for the Trump campaign who joined CNN as a political contributor on June 23rd, and been suspended by the cable news net...

According to sources, Lewandowski was pulled from appearing on CNN’s New Day this morning.

Edited by Just Here
updated with new info

Zucker defended the hire just yesterday. I think the CNN staff should strike over it, personally. It is reprehensible.

Corey is still getting $20,000 a month from Trump, per August FEC filing, for "strategy consulting".  Jason Miller can lie all he wants and call it "severance pay", but its right there in legal print and is pretty disgusting to see. I never thought CL was fired to begin with, he is bound by a very strict NDA and Zucker's whole idea that they need lots and lots of Trump spokesmen on payroll for "balance" is ridiculous.  What a disgrace.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/22/us/politics/corey-lewandowski-donald-trump-payroll.html?ribbon-ad-idx=8&rref=homepage&module=Ribbon&version=origin&region=Header&action=click&contentCollection=Home Page&pgtype=article

• Love 6

It's amazing how tone deaf Zucker and others are about this hire.  Didn't they consider the optics?  Were they at least concerned about the appearance of bias?

Corey shouldn't be suspended--his ass needs to be fired, along with the nimrods who thought this was a good idea.  But, I guess that would be too much like, right.  The mainstream media will have a lot to answer for when this election season is finally over.  

Since when is "balance" needed when calling out a racist, sexist, unethical, serial lying cretin?  Nah, bruh!  Your asses were trying to compete with Faux News and you got burned!

• Love 12

It's amazing. I have CNN on as background while I work from home. Every time I look up because the sound coming from CNN annoys me and I therefore need to turn it down or change channel it is Lewandowdki who is harshly and stridently yapping that I am hearing. 

Lewandowski wasn't fired. That was a fiction in order to let him get hired at CNN and spin for Trump over there without anyone asking him how many times a day he still talks with Trump and is saying what he wants as a "commentator".

Just imagine a similar thing where Robby Mook wasn't a campaign manager anymore but worked remotedly for the Clinton campaign as a strategy consultant, hired also by CNN and talking to Clinton every day about how best to present her message when on the air. at CNN.  It's worse than Sean Hannity who is a Trump lackey but at least isn't paid by Trump and (presumably) not talking with him every day to work out the spin for his comments.

Can you see how, if it was "the Clintons" and Zucker double paying a Clinton strategist who was still working for her while presumably giving "commentary"  (but really just spinning her latest talking points per their private phone calls) on CNN what an uproar there would be over the dishonest media?  Trump has a LOT of nerve calling CNN the "Clinton Network".

ETA:  Lewandowski didn't leave Trump. He's still working for him for $20k a month.  That was a lie to get him over to CNN (the same day, no less). Since Zucker and Trump go way back, I can't help wondering if, given the timing, that was all coordinated in advance, right down to the fake "firing" in order to make it credible.

Edited by Padma
  • Love 10

Curious to know from anyone who has been watching during the day today if they had any discussion about Hillary's economic speech that focused on people with disabilities. I've been watching since I got home from work and they've said nothing about it at all so far. That's disappointing to me as a person with a disability whose job involves providing employment services to others with disabilities. I'd love for them to ask one of the Trump surrogates about his plans regarding my community. Or am I to assume that mocking us and trying to take away our healthcare are the gist of it? 

22 minutes ago, Katydid said:

Curious to know from anyone who has been watching during the day today if they had any discussion about Hillary's economic speech that focused on people with disabilities. I've been watching since I got home from work and they've said nothing about it at all so far. That's disappointing to me as a person with a disability whose job involves providing employment services to others with disabilities. I'd love for them to ask one of the Trump surrogates about his plans regarding my community. Or am I to assume that mocking us and trying to take away our healthcare are the gist of it? 

I've been kind of watching CNN of & on & there was no mention that I heard.  Sorry.

4 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

There was during the day time of course, when viewership is lower. She had the young lady, I forgot her name, but it was a young lady who she's known since her days as first lady, she was sitting right next her as she spoke.  She also spoke at the convention if you can recall about when she first met Hillary, she was in the wheel chair. 

Oh wait, I'm not sure if I was watching CNN or MSNBC at the time, sorry. But I do know they covered it briefly during the day time on one of these channels.  She talked about getting those who live with autism into the work force more.  I forgot who she listed off as partnering with to help with this endeavor but she gave quite a bit of detail on this policy from what I saw. 

6 hours ago, Katydid said:

If she didn't mention Trump, then no, CNN wouldn't mention anything about her speech. She can give a half hour speech, 28 minutes devoted to her policies and 2 minutes to why Trump would be so dangerous to elect, and you know that those 2 minutes are the only sound bite that's going to be picked up (by any of the media).

• Love 12

Watching the coverage of Charlotte last night reminded me of high school when an argument broke out and people would gather around yelling, "Fight! Fight! Fight!", trying to egg them on. And it was CNN doing the egging with their, "Well SO FAR everything is peaceful...", and following them around looking for potential trouble.  Then Don reminding everyone in the 11pm hour that they MIGHT just hear offensive language or see some violence, so best to not let the kids watch (I'm sure so many young kids are up watching CNN at 11pm). The way he kept talking about the approaching curfew, I'm surprised they didn't out up one of those countdown clocks on the screen.  Although as someone from NC, I do appreciate Don having one of our upstanding (#sarcasm) politicians on and giving him just enough rope to hang himself under the guise of allowing him to "explain" his remarks that people of color just hate and are jealous of white people. 

• Love 5

I just watched CNN's clip of Hillary's new ad interspersing video of young girls with Drumpf's nasty, superficial attacks on female looks.  I am 58 years old and I should be over this, but as someone who's fielded insecurities about looks all my life, I had a visceral reaction and it actually made me cry.  Shocked myself.  So what does CNN do?  Have David Gregory talk about how the ad is directed at men.  Huh?

• Love 8
9 hours ago, cattykit said:

I just watched CNN's clip of Hillary's new ad interspersing video of young girls with Drumpf's nasty, superficial attacks on female looks.  I am 58 years old and I should be over this, but as someone who's fielded insecurities about looks all my life, I had a visceral reaction and it actually made me cry.  Shocked myself.  So what does CNN do?  Have David Gregory talk about how the ad is directed at men.  Huh?

Really? I didn't see CNN but it's somewhat reassuring to know that in spite of the Trump madness, life goes on and David Gregory is as stupid on CNN as he was on MSNBC.

It's a terrific ad though, and from what I've been reading on a number of other sites, it's extremely effective and it's really getting to a lot of people. Many women are having the same reaction as you but men too, especially those with daughters, are affected by it. The Hillary campaign has put out a lot of excellent ads this year and the thing is, most of them use only Trump's words.

• Love 7

My understanding is that the ad IS directed at men with daughters( or even nieces).

CNN is continuing with their (now) normal practice of covering only 1 story 24 hours over and over. This week its' Charlotte.  Not sure how they are going to be able to handle Monday with a debate AND Charlotte to cover. 

• Love 5

I watched the debate on CNN, liked Jake Tapper's comment (same as Chuck Todd's on MSNBC) that Trump did pretty well for 20-30 minutes then fell apart.  I switched over to MSNBC and when I turned back....Horrors! There was a panel of four people--Jeffrey Lord and the obnoxious Trump blonde (not Kellyanne) and 2 Clinton surrogates--no one else--arguing back and forth pointlessly!

The panels of surrogates have GOT to go!!!1  I don't know what CNN is thinking ("give Trump a chance for some good feedback after a disastrous  performance?) but it was horrible. News, people. News analysis. Replay some clips. Bring in some reporters and historians...Anything but the d--- surrogates!

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Milburn Stone said:

I watched on PBS, but am curious, how was Michael Smerconish? (I like him.)

Really good.  I like those kind of people who I basically disagree with politically much of the time because (1) he's intelligent and (2) I think he's sincere and honest.  (That description eliminate for me Kayleigh whoever and Jeffrey Lord).

These 8 person panels + Anderson that CNN loves so much this year are extremely annoying.  Last night, I was so interested to hear the ones sitting to the left of Anderson--Borger, Axelrod, Smerconish and the young AA reporter whose name I can't remember.  When you have to make time to argue with the four on the other side (or let them argue with each other) it's just such a colossal waste.  I'm sure the other four could have had a very interesting, substantive discussion--with plenty of disagreement, too--if they had been able to speak more. 8 people, including TWO Trump and TWO Hillary surrogates! Why, CNN, why?

Kayleigh seemed especially stupid talking authoritatively about how Hillary started the birther movement and campaigned so horribly against Obama. Axelrod was pretty polite trying to correct her and reminding her, "I was there!"  It doesn't even seem like she realizes if anyone would have thought Hillary was running a dirty campaign then and would have known all about it, it would be Obama's campaign manager!!!!  Her arrogance in service of her talking points is always pretty amazing. Does Kellyanne train these people?  The women all seem like her clones (but often not as quick).

• Love 10