Type keyword(s) to search

This Is CNN (Vaulted)

Wolf Blitzer was going on  how Trump has better "trust worthy" numbers than Clinton.  Something is very wrong when a con man who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, and who has been using the system his entire life - "the ultimate outsider" what a crock! is considered more honest than a woman who has been in public service her entire adult life.

• Love 20

Anderson's interview with the Miss Universe was a bit uncomfortable. I'm afraid the revelations about her past are going to be used to discredit her experiences with Trump. And of course Kayleigh is one of the minions he has on talking about it. 

Edited by Katydid
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Katydid said:

Anderson's interview with the Miss Universe was a bit uncomfortable. I'm afraid the revelations about her past are going to be used to discredit her experiences with Drumpf. And of course Kayleigh is one of the minions he has on talking about it. 

What did she say about her past that could be troubling? I missed the interview.

• Love 1

In the late 90's she was accused (but never charged) of driving the getaway car after a murder, and then threatening to kill a judge involved with the case. She didn't deny.  Of course it doesn't change the fact that Trump is slime, but his surrogates are jumping on it and I imagine won't be letting it go anytime soon.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/27/politics/alicia-machado-donald-trump-2016-election-anderson-cooper/

Edited by Katydid
  • Love 2

Honestly, the best part  came after the interview when the panel, Gloria Borgers, Dana Bash and Angela Rye nearly all reached over and punched Val Gal Kayleigh in the mouth.  All three were stunned that Val Gal could defend her leader's behavior.

• Love 3

Anderson cooper got irritated with his jackass surrogate guests all talking at the same time and snapped at them to be quiet. Then after the commercial he very nicely apologized to them and anyone in the audience that might have been offended. as if HE should apologize. The network that books those rude windbags should apologize.  And speaking for those of us in the audience we are definitely not offended that you said "be quiet". 

• Love 18

I was watching Anderson and thought I heard him say be quiet, then convinced myself surely nothing so amazing would really happen, but then he came back on with the apology and I realized he really said it! Don't apologize! I would have snapped a long time ago if I had to try to herd those folks into civilized conversation every night for over a year. 

Tonight Erin mentioned something about Lewandowski receiving severance from Trump campaign when she introduced him. 

Edited by Katydid
  • Love 5

Corey says everything's fine now as Trump paid his "monthly severance through election" in a lump sum.

No, that doesn't make it fine if he's been paid $60,000 for Sept /Oct/Nov upfront instead of $20k a month. And, CNN, I don't care how often YOU and Corey call it "severance", the Trump FEC form calls it a SALARY for CONSULTING FEES.

Corey's his consultant, paid for Sept/Oct/Nov and Still being paid by CNN for his "commentary"* in Sept/Oct/Nov.

*meaning "I say on-air whatever Trump just told me to when I 'consulted' with him".  No one so compromised by SALARY and an NDA that is binding for the rest of his life, should be billed as a commentator on CNN--and also paid for it. What a disgrace.

• Love 12

Ana Navarro just called out Jeffrey on his "pathological need to mention Ronald Reagan in every sentence", among other things, and it was epic.  As he's skyping from what I assume is his home with pictures of Ronnie covering the walls behind him. 

Also, I think Anderson has had about enough of this shizz. 

• Love 10

I have been loving Navarro since the RNC where she was the only Republican who wasn't on the Trump bandwagon. I'm don't agree with her views, but I love that she calls the Trump surrogates on their BS.

Edited by sereion
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, sereion said:

I have been loving Navarro since the RNC where she was the only Republican on the who wasn't on the Trump bandwagon. I'm don't agree with her views, but I love that she calls the Trump surrogates on their BS.

Ana Navarro even tweeted to Rosie O"Donnell a "hang in there" comment..I think Ana is disgusted by Trump

• Love 6

Major props to Poppy for the way she handled Jack Kingston yesterday afternoon.

While she couldn't always pin him down for an actual answer she did a heckuva job keeping him on subject. He's glib and he's slippery and he has risen to the top of my most disliked surrogates. He's got a condescending tone that sets my teeth on edge.

And now they are, once again, live from a Trump speech. I think he just compared hackers to the mafia?

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 4
On 9/30/2016 at 8:38 PM, Katydid said:

Ana Navarro just called out Jeffrey on his "pathological need to mention Ronald Reagan in every sentence", among other things, and it was epic.  As he's skyping from what I assume is his home with pictures of Ronnie covering the walls behind him. 

Also, I think Anderson has had about enough of this shizz. 

I was watching that night and have to say THAT was one of THE best nights ever on CNN.   That entire hour of AC360 was just awesome.  Between Anderson going on and on with all of his fishing analogies about Donald taking Hillary's bait to the moment you described above ... omg, it was just awesome.  Ana Navarro + Anderson Cooper + Jeffery Lord = must see tv.  I could watch those 3 together every night of the week.  The faces that Anderson was making when Jeffery was trying to defend Donald?   LOL!!  Too funny!  And when Ana told Jeffery that he has grown on her 'like poisonous mushrooms..'  I was laughing so much my husband came upstairs to see what comedy I was watching that was so funny and I said, nope, it's CNN.  ha.

• Love 7

Go get him, Ana! She was a bit more subdued, but she made some excellent points by stating how Trump is making a mockery out of the GOP, and that his surrogates should call him on behavior instead of making excuses; of course, she's preaching to the choir, but a valid point.

• Love 6

Jake Tapper said Pence was "smooth" and won the debate.  I think Pence is getting ready to run in 2020. And I am certainly going to remember that in addition to his view on abortion, Pence believes gay men should undergo "conversion therapy" and lesbian women should not be allowed to adopt children. I wish that would have been brought up in this debate.

• Love 6

Wow, from Tapper that's depressing.  How was Mike Pence not exposed for his many hateful positions? Also, how did he get to lie over and over about Trump "no he never said that"--when he had (Muslim ban, etc.)

• Love 6

Please keep any debate chatter completely within the confines of programming. Anything not within programming does not belong here. And I do realize we all have our opinions of which candidate is right or wrong, but that can get dicey fast if other posters disagree. Hence why PTV has a no politics rule.

So if anyone feels the need to dissect the debates, there are political forums elsewhere on the 'net in which to do so. But not here. Again, unless it is strictly within programming.

Thank you.

• Love 2

CNN can barely acknowledge the Hurricane so they can focus only on the election. Even the graphics and camera work while Chad Myers got his 30 seconds were half-hearted. He briefly mentioned a that a Cat 4 could hit Miami Beach on Friday, no discussion of Haiti or Cuba. 

Hurricanes! CNN this is your thing ! Natural disasters complete you! You have amazing graphics packages and experts to make this good tv.!  My lord you have specialized outer wear for hurricanes! Please CNN, come home. 

• Love 14

What a week for the mods to open a forum for us, huh?  Any of you political historical wonks wonder what would have happened if CNN had been around during the Nixon-Kennedy years or during the Nixon resignation period?   Think the 24 hour coverage would have caused those elections/situations to play out like a cage match, too?

• Love 5

Watching Don Lemon try to hold back his scorn and disgust while Trump enablers do their spin dance is fascinating to behold.  He's trying so hard to be impartial but you call tell he absolutely despises Trump.

• Love 5

I'm going to have a stroke due to high blood pressure by the time the election gets here. CNN is must-watch TV for me, but the KellyAnn, Kayleigh, Katrina, Scottie, Corey brigade make me want to throw something at the TV.  I must not be privy to the super-secret websites where they get their talking points, and conspiracy theories.  Also, Hillary has a lot to answer for, but doing her job as a court appointed legal aid lawyer isn't one of them.  She asked to be unappointed (the proscecutor has said so), and was not, so she stepped up to the plate and defended the guy - which is a vital part of our justice system.  Afterwards, she established a rape crisis hotline.   I don't want to vote for her, but she is(my opinion),  the lesser of two evils. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 5

I agree 100% with your last sentence.  It's a sad shame that we're at this point in our country.  You'd think with all the people that comprise the United States, we could have come up with 2 people better qualified to be our POTUS.  Ok, I'm editing this to point out that Hillary is extremely qualified.  But there's just something about her.....

But I've got to admit, I'm lovin' this!

Edited by slasherboy
Read all about the edit above.
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Frost said:

Watching Don Lemon try to hold back his scorn and disgust while Trump enablers do their spin dance is fascinating to behold.  He's trying so hard to be impartial but you call tell he absolutely despises Trump.

I agree that Don Lemon likely despises Trump but damn I wish he'd cut off some of those surrogates from going on for minutes on end with their lies and garbage. He's probably over-compensating trying to be fair and let them say their piece but the Trump fools get twice as long to spew their talking points as the Dems.

• Love 5

I feel like CNN puts out documentaries and non-news series/miniseries that I would enjoy but I never know when they're airing. Does anyone have any recommendations for things I could find on their website or something like hulu or Netflix?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, aradia22 said:

I feel like CNN puts out documentaries and non-news series/miniseries that I would enjoy but I never know when they're airing. Does anyone have any recommendations for things I could find on their website or something like hulu or Netflix?

Their show The Sixties, The Seventies, is MOST Excellent and available on Netflix. As was Blackfish. I'm not sure if Blackfish is still available on Netflix.  The Eighties was really disappointing and a letdown. Very slapdashy and lazy.

• Love 3

I'm not American but I'm a politics geek so have been following this election with avid attention abroad.   Too many wtf moments to name.  I don't have CNN but watched some clips linked from twitter, and I have to ask, is it basically different talking heads talking non stop and over each other all the time?  Don't know how the reporter and the audience stay sane.   What % of coverage on a network like CNN consists of talking heads time?  What % of coverage consists of "surrogates" on air?   Those blonde Trump surrogates just make me blech.   I'm concerned that they are just allowed to talk absolute nonsense without being fact-checked.  

And just have to mention 2 lol moments I saw from CNN clips where Ana Navarro schooled a Trump surrogate.  One where she rightly called the other 50 shades of crazy for somehow attributing Trump's disgusting remarks on the tape to 50 Shades of Gray, Magic Mike, Twilight etc.  And the other where the blonde who was defending Trump's disgusting remarks couldn't stand it when Navarro said the p word and said her daughter was listening.  Navarro called her out on her absurdity. 

The only thing keeping me sane and delivering consistent laughs is Sam B's Full Frontal. 

• Love 2

We have to listen to the same story ad nauseam.  The Wikileaks leaking of John Podesta's emails.

I can't understand why CNN never points out that if Wikileaks was innocent they would have released the same on the RNC and trump campaign and we would see the same kind of things.  Apologies to the people of Ecuador, but the government sucks for sheltering a steaming piece of crap (I wish the Swedish could get their hands on Assange).

I hope we get more trump tapes.  For all the non believers, we need to have more coming out everyday. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, David T. Cole said:

This topic was moved back here from Current Events & Politics (sorry, housekeeping after we started that). Network discussion stays in Network Talk. If the discussion turns to the purely political / news then please break it off to the Current Events & Politics forum, thanks!

I'm really confused, David. So, this thread is for the stuff that it always used to be for--i.e., discussion of what happens on CNN? (As opposed to the "business" of CNN, whatever that would mean?) In which case, a lot of discussion that's currently happening in the "24 Hr. News Grind" thread really ought to be happening here. (As it always used to.) 

I see there's a similar post from you in the MSNBC thread.

Can we assume a general return to the previous status quo? In which case, the "24 Hr. News Grind" thread has very little reason for its continued existence?(Except perhaps for political discussion which has nothing to do with anything on a television network. Which is fine with me, but raises the question of why such a thread would exist on a TV discussion website.)

Help me out here. 

• Love 3

Regarding the Wikileaks stuff, I don't think there's been nearly enough talk about the fact that this was a crime committed by the Russians in order to interfere in our elections on behalf of Trump. Shouldn't that always precede any coverage of this guy's emails? I mean, I'm sort of baffled by the fact that the press doesn't seem to care about that part of it, even though we know that's what happened. If it was equal, they'd have hacked the RNC or the Trump people, or released emails that talk about Trump oppo, which have conveniently been omitted, which is why this is mostly all primary stuff.

The coverage about the hacks has been totally horrendous. I mean, the networks are basically complicit in this by pouring over every single thing in Podesta's emails, like his Risotto recipe. Is that in the public interest? Really? Does he have no right to any privacy because a foreign government hacked his emails and released them to the press in order to manipulate an election? It just doesn't seem right to me that the press should collaborate with the actions of the Russians. Do some curation.

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 10

Tried to watch Brianne (?sp) interview Kellyanne Conway.  That woman is allergic to a straight answer & danced around Brianne's questions for as long as I watched.  Kellyanne thinks she pretty smart & has a real smart-alecky attitude (that I don't like).

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Tried to watch Brianne (?sp) interview Kellyanne Conway.  That woman is allergic to a straight answer & danced around Brianne's questions for as long as I watched.  Kellyanne thinks she pretty smart & has a real smart-alecky attitude (that I don't like).

That was awful. Brianna (?), imho, was outpaced. There were long talky moments where B could, and should, have inserted herself in an effort to get KAC back on topic. I thought it was a weak showing and considered throwing something at the teevee but gritted my teeth and changed the channel instead. 

Not usually a CNN watcher and had not seen Brianna before. She was really ineffective last night. KAC rolled right over her. Imho

• Love 2
21 hours ago, stormy said:

We have to listen to the same story ad nauseam.  The Wikileaks leaking of John Podesta's emails.

I can't understand why CNN never points out that if Wikileaks was innocent they would have released the same on the RNC and trump campaign and we would see the same kind of things.  Apologies to the people of Ecuador, but the government sucks for sheltering a steaming piece of crap (I wish the Swedish could get their hands on Assange).

I hope we get more trump tapes.  For all the non believers, we need to have more coming out everyday. 

I don't even understand why that's okay, to leak ten years of a PRIVATE CITIZEN'S email and have his privacy invaded by the press.

Podesta wasn't in government, isn't in government. Why do they think there's a right to go through all of his personal email for ten years? How many people would feel that was okay for themselves?  He isn't ELECTED or serving in government! Imo, this shameless witchhunt is a disgrace.

On MSNBC they pointed out that RT (Russian govt television) released the latest wikileaks dump before wikileaks did. That pretty much confirms what the U.S. govt has been saying--that Russian intelligence (on Putin's orders) hacked into American citizens' email and turned it to Assange (who hates Clinton) for release via wikileaks.

Clearly, Putin + Assange are trying to influence the election for Trump who will be a pushover for Putin around the world.  Added note:  That Trump top adviser Roger Stone was predicting Podesta email release this summer--and Stone has his own ties to Russia.

How is this whole thing not treasonable? Why is the press allowing itself to be manipulated by Russia, Assange and (probably also) the Trump campaign like this?

• Love 19