Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8 Spoilers, First Look Previews, Gossip, Etc.

• Start Topic

I just cannot sit well with a statement saying Porsha is an uneducated, violent tramp.  She had a brain fart two years ago and no one has allowed her to live it down.  She is college educated and she is intelligent enough to run a full business while working full time in two jobs.  As for the Kenya mess, Porsha was provoked at a time when she had just come off a messy divorce to say the very least, trying not to get too emotional and then be called an adulterer and stupid by the woman who had been harrassing her for nearly a year and a half.  As for the Cynthia mess, no one knows how that came about and Porsha has dismissed it as just folks drinking a little too much.  Other than finally standing up for herself she has not been any more violent than just about everyone else on the show.  as far as her being a tramp, there is no evidence of her being a tramp.  She's young and she's enjoying life and nothing more.

If Kenya was provoking Porsha and that makes it right for Porsha to attack her, then all of these women are provoking each other and should be able to fight each other. Kim didn't jump on Nene when she was in her face threatening her, not to mention the countless other confrontations where they each give as good as they get. Porsha was not innocent, she gave as good as she got with Kenya. She choose to fight her because that is what her simple mind drew her to, not Kenya provoking her. Everybody including Andy, Nene and Phaedra were LAUGHING when Kenya was joking and using her props. It wasn't until Porsha took it too far that it became an issue.

As for her being an idiot, she has shown than more than once. At least 50 times.

• Love 6

What black person doesn't know who Kim Fields is? Porsha can miss me with the I'm so young bullshit. Kim Fields is an icon. There were very few teen stars of color in the 80s and KF was one of the biggest. Even if she missed Facts of Life there's not a black girl on the planet that hasn't seen Living Single unless you didn't grow up in the US.

Ugh 

• Love 16

LOL!! I did have to do a double-take to see that Sheree wasn't holding a peach.

Yeah, Porsha, if you don't know Tootie, you don't know squat.

Somebody needs to help Phaedra pick out a dress, lawd, that thing is awful!

When Kenya said she was "going to go all crazy", my snowshoe Oriental cat, Sourpuss Seymour looked up at me with a "Help me Momma" look on his face.

• Love 2

Porsha is a year younger than me, and everyone in my age group of black females watched Living Single and knows who Kim Fields is. Porsha's full of shit.

Did anyone else go: Kenya Cynthia Porsha Porsha Phaedra Kim, wait why are there two Porsha's? Kenya Cynthia Porsha Porsha Phaedra Kim, wait where's Kandi? Kenya Cynthia Porsha Por..., wait a minute (looking really close to screen) Kandi? Dang you and Porsha are interchangeable in that picture.

I was right there with you, wondering how Porsha was in the picture twice!!
  • Love 4
Porsha is a year younger than me, and everyone in my age group of black females watched Living Single and knows who Kim Fields is. Porsha's full of shit.

My granddaughter is around Porsha's age and she also had no clue who Kim Fields was.  Most youngins don't know her as they are more of the digital generation than the tv group

• Love 2

I want Kenya's jumpsuit, that is hot.

I want Kenya's jumpsuit and then I would like Kenya's body :)  She always looks great.

Couch photo

real-housewives-atlanta-season-8-cast-15

Cast photos + bios http://straightfromthea.com/2015/09/28/update-official-rhoa-season-8-press-release-sneak-peek-trailer-video/

My best guess is Shamea, Marlo, Sheree, and Amiyah are FOH.

Why Kim, why that dress, why those shoes, why that hair, just why.

And why is Phaedra wearing that retirement community beauty shop wig?

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 6

Stop playing, Porsha. You know damned well who Kim Fields' is. You *might* not know Tootie (and I call bullshit on even that, as Logo stays showing repeats of Facts of Life) but you for SURE know Regine Hunter/Living Single. My son is 27, younger than you and doesn't even watch all that much TV, and yet can tell you who Kyle, Overton, Kadijah, Synclaire and of course my girl Max is. You stupid, but you ain't THAT stupid.

• Love 11

In thinking more about this (which clearly I need more work to do) I guess that was supposed to be shade as in "I'm so young I don't know why you're famous". However if Kim's shade game is good she'll play it Jay Z style "I been rich since Benjamins had small faces".  

Porsha is young but she has no real money or talent.  I'm looking forward to this season.

• Love 1

Porsha better stop playing. I was born after TFOL finished its initial run and even I know who Kim Fields is.

I want Kenya's jumpsuit and then I would like Kenya's body :)  She always looks great.

Why Kim, why that dress, why those shoes, why that hair, just why.

And why is Phaedra wearing that retirement community beauty shop wig?

Right? That whole ensemble is doing her no favors. It makes her look short and boxy.
  • Love 5

Porsha better stop playing. I was born after TFOL finished its initial run and even I know who Kim Fields is.

Right? That whole ensemble is doing her no favors. It makes her look short and boxy.

Yeah -- it was a bad choice.  It almost looks like they photoshopped her into the picture.  Her look doesn't really match everyone else's.  Odd

In thinking more about this (which clearly I need more work to do) I guess that was supposed to be shade as in "I'm so young I don't know why you're famous". However if Kim's shade game is good she'll play it Jay Z style "I been rich since Benjamins had small faces".  

Porsha is young but she has no real money or talent.  I'm looking forward to this season.

Thats some good shade that would be completely wasted on Porsha.  Her brain would probably melt trying to figure it out

• Love 1

My granddaughter is around Porsha's age and she also had no clue who Kim Fields was.  Most youngins don't know her as they are more of the digital generation than the tv group

Mmmm. I'm younger than Porsha and have watched Living Single live and on reruns for years. If Porsha is claiming she don't know Tootie, I'll give her that, even if I think it's a stretch, but if she's faking like she don't know REGINE?! Nah.

• Love 8

I just cannot sit well with a statement saying Porsha is an uneducated, violent tramp.  She had a brain fart two years ago and no one has allowed her to live it down.  She is college educated and she is intelligent enough to run a full business while working full time in two jobs.  As for the Kenya mess, Porsha was provoked at a time when she had just come off a messy divorce to say the very least, trying not to get too emotional and then be called an adulterer and stupid by the woman who had been harrassing her for nearly a year and a half.  As for the Cynthia mess, no one knows how that came about and Porsha has dismissed it as just folks drinking a little too much.  Other than finally standing up for herself she has not been any more violent than just about everyone else on the show.  as far as her being a tramp, there is no evidence of her being a tramp.  She's young and she's enjoying life and nothing more.

As far as I know Porsha never even graduated from high school.  She attended AIU, which is an online for profit college that doesn't have any admission requirements other than a GED (which I imagine Porsha got at some point).  There are numerous complaints about AIU being a scam college.  I don't know if I would extol the virtues of Porsha's intellect by pointing to an education at AIU, it just seems like shaky ground.

I also don't agree that being verbally called out is provocation that justifies violence.  And to be fair, Kenya didn't call her names out of the blue, both were engaged in an argument.  Porsha was giving as good as she was getting from Kenya and called Kenya a number of names too.  So yes, she has been more violent than others on the show.  If you agree with her being violent that I think that's fine, but I don't think its fair to try to pull everyone else down to Porsha level to try to justify Porsha's behavior.  

I want to see the tape of the Porsha/Cynthia incident, before forming a final opinion, but I suspect it doesn't paint Porsha in a very positive light if she is trying to play it down now.

Producers must be really bummed that Porsha's romance with the football player flamed out. I'd love to hear his story.

That is so shocking, I felt like that was going to be a love story for the ages from the way he fondled her butt in pictures, and the romantic way they held assault rifles together.  Heartbreaking.

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 11

Porsha was kicked out of the high school she attended, I think she finished up at another one where kids go when no other school will have them. And yes, she took some online classes. Hell, I can log in, pay a fee, and have the screen open for an hour or so and say I attended AIU. :)

the romantic way they held assault rifles together

You win the Internet today! :) That cracked me up!

• Love 3

Maybe Porsha's setting herself up to be the one to go against Kim?? If so.... girl, you might as well start packing your bags....

Oh yeah -- I think they would drop Porsha's peach like a stone if it meant keeping a real, bonafide star like Kim Fields.  Especially if Porsha's romance went sideways.....

Kim Fields is a great addition. Good job, show!

Ditto on the love for Kenya's jumpsuit. Fierce.

Porsha could've seen every episode of TFOL and LS and still not know who Kim is, because she's just that damn dumb.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 5

Oh yeah -- I think they would drop Porsha's peach like a stone if it meant keeping a real, bonafide star like Kim Fields. Especially if Porsha's romance went sideways.....

Didn't Porsha's relationship already go belly up recently? Makes me wonder if she tried to hold on to him until her peach was close to being secured then broke it off? I had Luann's split with Jacques in mind...they filmed together and they broke up before the end of filming and she ended up with "friend" status.

Eta: And...I'm late. So much for this wonky internet connection.

Edited by quetzal
  • Love 1
Mmmm. I'm younger than Porsha and have watched Living Single live and on reruns for years. If Porsha is claiming she don't know Tootie, I'll give her that, even if I think it's a stretch, but if she's faking like she don't know REGINE?! Nah.

My grand daughter just never watched those shows.  Also Porsha did not drop out of high school and she did attend college but did not finish.  As for her and Tootie, they appear to be rather friendly now.

Present and accounted for! I'm in for S8!

One thing that I agreed with Nene with and am glad they are addressing by the looks of the preview is that we have these single women cast members in the ATL but we never saw their personal lives i.e., dating. So glad to see them going out on dates. Kenya just can't contain her crazy. 

Count me in as surprised to see Kandi looking so damn good in her pregnancy. I was really expecting her to blow up Jessica Simpson pregnancy #1 style but Kandi looks great! 

I hate wishing time away but damn Nov 8th where are you?

The Peter/Cynthia drama has got me salivating. Mess!

• Love 2

I hate that we all pretty much predicted Peter would show his ass at some point, and hurt Cynthia. I really like her, faults and all, and hate to see anything bad happen to her. She's a beautiful woman who's been through health issues and now this.

• Love 1

It's hard for me to feel sorry for Cynthia because she brings this upon herself. She was crying with indecision on her own wedding day. But she married him, and she stays with him, and she makes excuses for him - she really has no one else to blame at this point.

• Love 5

It's hard for me to feel sorry for Cynthia because she brings this upon herself. She was crying with indecision on her own wedding day. But she married him, and she stays with him, and she makes excuses for him - she really has no one else to blame at this point.

I was watching Cool Runnings the other day...and it made me so sad for Cynthia.  Leon--take her away!

• Love 4

Porsha was kicked out of the high school she attended, I think she finished up at another one where kids go when no other school will have them. And yes, she took some online classes. Hell, I can log in, pay a fee, and have the screen open for an hour or so and say I attended AIU. :)

You win the Internet today! :) That cracked me up!

AIU last I heard, still required an admissions test. I wish going to school online was as easy as you make it seem. There are TONS if not 100's of "real schools" that offer an online option. It's not as easy as 'log on, pay a fee' and boom, you get a degree! It takes time, patiences, and a lot of dedication to earn a degree online, or even attend online classes. Online classes are MUCH harder than attending school. However, let me know which schools let you earn a degree that easily!

Nah, you just fill out the application forms/documents, answer interview questions, and pay them. A cousin took classes there. She wasn't on a set schedule, as long as her tests were sent in by the end of the grading period, she was OK.

The following requirements must be met in order for the admissions process to be successfully completed:

Complete all required online admissions application documents.

Submit proof of high school graduation or equivalent.

You will be required to complete an informational admissions interview.

Non-native speakers of English are required to provide proof of English proficiency (e.g. TOEFL or other English proficiency assessment) prior to admission.

• Love 1

AIU last I heard, still required an admissions test. I wish going to school online was as easy as you make it seem. There are TONS if not 100's of "real schools" that offer an online option. It's not as easy as 'log on, pay a fee' and boom, you get a degree! It takes time, patiences, and a lot of dedication to earn a degree online, or even attend online classes. Online classes are MUCH harder than attending school. However, let me know which schools let you earn a degree that easily!

I've taken a few online classes for my undergrad and I always thought they were easier than my in person classes. 

What did you think was harder about an online class?

There are plenty of degree mills;  you can find a list here  http://www.geteducated.com/diploma-mill-police/degree-mills-list

Somebody needs to help Phaedra pick out a dress, lawd, that thing is awful!

I agree that its awful, but its better than the babydoll dress Kim is wearing.

Its a real race to the bottom isn't it?

• Love 1

I've taken a few online classes for my undergrad and I always thought they were easier than my in person classes.

What did you think was harder about an online class?

There are plenty of degree mills; you can find a list here http://www.geteducated.com/diploma-mill-police/degree-mills-list

Its a real race to the bottom isn't it?

Well, for 1, you have to be self driven. Most schools give you points for attendance. You have to have the will, and the drive to attend online classes. In most traditional schools, 1/3 of your grade could consist of attendance.

Everyone that I know who attended AIU had to actually attend classes, virtual classes, but classes nonetheless.

What school did you attend that was so easy? Even Harvard University offers online classes, and I seriously doubt that they're easy.

• Love 2

Well, for 1, you have to be self driven. Most schools give you points for attendance. You have to have the will, and the drive to attend online classes. In most traditional schools, 1/3 of your grade could consist of attendance.

Everyone that I know who attended AIU had to actually attend classes, virtual classes, but classes nonetheless.

What school did you attend that was so easy? Even Harvard University offers online classes, and I seriously doubt that they're easy.

I've never been to a college or university where 1/3 of my grade was tied to attendance.  However, in some schools you could be administratively withdrawn for not attending classes.  I don't know that I can agree it takes a ton of drive to turn on your computer for virtual class. 

Harvard offers online classes, but no degrees that can be obtained fully online through Harvard proper.  I would certainly imagine that a Harvard online course is more rigorous than an AIU course, however it may be easier than a regular Harvard course done in residence.  I think most undergrad students can only take an online course in the summer.  It doesn't appear as though Harvard offers a degree that can be fully obtained online.

I took online classes from a community college in addition to the full time schedule I had at my regular undergrad school.  I also did a hybrid online/in person course at a community college up north called DeAnza College.  I always found the online course offerings to be much easier.  And these were in state funded schools that were heavily regulated.  I don't believe that schools like AIU have the same expectations in terms of standards.  Most other schools won't accept transfer credits from AIU, which has been a problem because many times financial aid runs out before a student can get their degree.  Students are then told that they can't transfer credits to any other state institution.

Edited by RCharter

Aren't we swaying a bit away from the subject matter?  Porsha did attend college and yes she did graduate from high school. whether she took an online class or went to a brick and mortar schoold doesn't really matter.

• Love 5

So, I work for a congresswoman and Phaedra, Porsha, Sheree, and Kim, along with a brood of kids, filmed in our offices today. I must say, they were all very nice and not at all diva like. It was a pleasant surprise. Aiden is as charming in real life as he is on television. And Kim has a son named Sebastian who was extremely sweet.

• Love 9

If Kenya was provoking Porsha and that makes it right for Porsha to attack her, then all of these women are provoking each other and should be able to fight each other. Kim didn't jump on Nene when she was in her face threatening her, not to mention the countless other confrontations where they each give as good as they get. Porsha was not innocent, she gave as good as she got with Kenya. She choose to fight her because that is what her simple mind drew her to, not Kenya provoking her. Everybody including Andy, Nene and Phaedra were LAUGHING when Kenya was joking and using her props. It wasn't until Porsha took it too far that it became an issue.

As for her being an idiot, she has shown than more than once. At least 50 times.

Donald Trump is a billionaire and he is a complete fool, so Porsha can run her "businesses" and "jobs" and still be an ignoramous, imo.

• Love 4