Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8 Spoilers, First Look Previews, Gossip, Etc.

• Start Topic

There's a new thread here. You all are welcome to start episode threads if for some reason we miss them! Just make sure to click "Use Episode Format" when doing so and fill in all the boxes. Sorry and thanks!! 

Anybody heard this rumor that TLC has asked Kandi to join their group?

Now is she does and writes some good material that would be huge. I already am a bit tired of Kim saying she's the celebrity of the group. Kandi is nothing to sneeze at.

• Love 4

Trailer for the rest of the season:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta/season-8/videos/still-to-come-this-season-on-rhoa

Highlights:

Nene's back

Cynthia denies being close to Kenya

Oliver's back

Kenya says Kim's husband is gay

Peter clashes with Kenya's new boyfriend

The Feds raid Kandi's house

Kenya geys physical with Kim (well, her chair)

The girls go to Jamaica

Porsha and Phaedra call Cynthia a flip flopper

Todd says he refuses to change diapers

Kandi and Todd tell the family their restaurant plans

Edited by ridethemaverick
  • Love 2

Trailer for the rest of the season:http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta/season-8/videos/still-to-come-this-season-on-rhoa

Highlights:

Nene's back

Cynthia denies being close to Kenya

Oliver's back

Peter clashes with Kenya's new boyfriend

The Feds raid Kandi's house

Kenya geys physical with Kim (well, her chair)

The girls go to Jamaica

Porsha and Phaedra call Cynthia a flip flopper

Todd says he refuses to change diapers

Kandi and Todd tell the family their restaurant plans

Umm, why did Bravo show another set of teasers for this season as their "first look"?
  • Love 1

What is the shooting schedule? Could the raid they talked about actually be prompted by the episode showing Apollo's toys at Kandi's house? I thought when these shows aired, filming was already over for the whole season except for reunion episodes. Can someone give me a clue?

What is the shooting schedule? Could the raid they talked about actually be prompted by the episode showing Apollo's toys at Kandi's house? I thought when these shows aired, filming was already over for the whole season except for reunion episodes. Can someone give me a clue?

They are normally done filming the entire season with the exception of the reunion when the show airs, I suspect that production did a lot of new filming because they were displeased with the footage they had. The fact that they, production/Bravo, brought Nene back is another example/sign that they were unhappy with the original footage. JMO

Looks like my sympathy for her family situation will be short lived. Fucking vile!! 

I had heard that this was a possible story which was why I was one of the few that didn't mind when Kim's husband came at Kenya on twitter. If she really breached this topic than she sent for his ass. 

• Love 2

Looks like my sympathy for her family situation will be short lived. Fucking vile!!

I had heard that this was a possible story which was why I was one of the few that didn't mind when Kim's husband came at Kenya on twitter. If she really breached this topic than she sent for his ass.

I know. It's always two steps forward, five steps back with Kenya. I'm still on her side in regards to Patricia and Glen, but then she pulls bullshit like that, and I'm like, see, this is why people don't want to be around you for too long. She's a habitual line stepper.

• Love 3

The raid on Kandi and Todd house was recent after the new season started airing and Kenya talking shit was around them or shortly after. So I suspect whoever said they edited or added footage as late in the game is onto something.

I don't think the season so far has been that boring since I also watched RH of NY and RH of OC which focused on some stupid shit for way too long. I find RH of ATL livelier and the women more relatable since they are youthful and cool and I am a youngish woman of color. And I am cool ha ha : P The storylines aren't season long and aren't focused on illness, rather the evolving relationships of the group. So they seem to have more relevance.

• Love 5

The raid on Kandi and Todd house was recent after the new season started airing and Kenya talking shit was around them or shortly after. So I suspect whoever said they edited or added footage as late in the game is onto something.

I don't think the season so far has been that boring since I also watched RH of NY and RH of OC which focused on some stupid shit for way too long. I find RH of ATL livelier and the women more relatable since they are youthful and cool and I am a youngish woman of color. And I am cool ha ha : P The storylines aren't season long and aren't focused on illness, rather the evolving relationships of the group. So they seem to have more relevance.

Bravo seems to have a formula for the HW shows and the dominate factor of that formula is conflict. They like to divide the HWs into two groups with 1 HW floating between the 2 groups telling 1 side what the other side said and visa versa. So far this season this hasn't happened on the show. Although there have been fights, even physical fighting, they ALL are trying to forgive and move on and Production/Bravo do NOT like that. So they brought Nene back to cause THE divide to keep viewers choosing sides and tuning back in each episode and each season. JMO

• Love 1

Bravo seems to have a formula for the HW shows and the dominate factor of that formula is conflict. They like to divide the HWs into two groups with 1 HW floating between the 2 groups telling 1 side what the other side said and visa versa. So far this season this hasn't happened on the show. Although there have been fights, even physical fighting, they ALL are trying to forgive and move on and Production/Bravo do NOT like that. So they brought Nene back to cause THE divide to keep viewers choosing sides and tuning back in each episode and each season. JMO

Nene has a lot going on and some viewers are already invested in her character's development, IMO.

Don't you all want to know how she deals with her 3 grand kids and various babies' mothers?

How does she choose her next career projects?

What does Greg do all day besides being a purse holder?

How does her younger son deal with his mother's fame and busy schedule?

And finally, who is that famous sibling of hers????lol

Did anyone else notice during the preview that ran at the end of this week's show that both Kenya and Phaedra were shown reading texts off their phones while they were driving?  And Phaedra has one of the kids strapped into a car seat behind her, no less.  Plus she seems to be executing some kind of turn or lane change.  WTH?

I would think just as a general policy Bravo would want to refrain from showing things like that.  I realize stupid people will still do stupid things regardless of what Bravo airs, but just the principle ...  oh, who am I kidding. Bravo would probably be happy to air the footage of any crash that resulted (after using it as a promo for several weeks, of course).  Because just like violence between cast members , Bravo is so against things like that and would never exploit such a thing for ratings.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 2

Where I live its illegal to have a handheld device while driving. So talking on the phone, texting, checking it, all are big tickets.

I am not the best at writing instructions so sometimes would screen cap directions or put it in my Notes and usually am too nervous to look at it at a stoplight cuz yes I could get busted for that.

Am I the only one feeling and seeing the whole restaurant thing as a show pitch to Bravo and the audience?

Nope. I remember when the season started, a few sites mentioned that it was in the works. My guess is Vanderpump Rules meets Welcome to Sweetie Pie's. Given that this is Bravo, it will probably be the former more than the latter.

The restaurant is coming soon.

http://www.realitytea.com/2016/01/18/kandi-burruss-todd-tucker-share-sneak-peak-old-lady-gang-restaurant/

• Love 1

Nope. I remember when the season started, a few sites mentioned that it was in the works. My guess is Vanderpump Rules meets Welcome to Sweetie Pie's. Given that this is Bravo, it will probably be the former more than the latter.

The restaurant is coming soon.

http://www.realitytea.com/2016/01/18/kandi-burruss-todd-tucker-share-sneak-peak-old-lady-gang-restaurant/

Old Lady Gang as a restaurant name is just.... just .... terrible and awful. I heard the suggestion but didn't think they were fool enough to go with it. I thought Joyce didn't even really cook?

• Love 4

Wow. I mean all of this was spoiled and I saw a lot coming but shit looks messy. Cynthia is such a fool LOL.

Cynthia can gtfo out with her flip flop ass. Kenya has been nothing but loyal to her and she throws her to the dogs as soon as she and NeNe are good again.

Really Cynthia?  She is a moron.  She likes being a victim and a martyr.  And she can always be the victim as long as she stays friends with Nene, and married to Peter.  She doesn't want a good friend, she wants a friend to treat her like shit.   Welcome back Nene.  I just fear this means that Nene is going to be a cast member next season, and if she is, I think I'm out.  I've enjoyed not having Nene be the center of the universe on this show and I don't think I can go back to all Nene all the time.

This Matt guy has a nice body, but he has crazy eyes....throw that one back Kenya!  The eyes don't lie!  

But for real, in what universe does Peter think taking on a guy with that body is going to end well for him?  And good for Kenya on calling Kim out on her crap.  Whatever Kenya is saying is no worse than the rumors already out there, so you best deal with it on the show.  

And LOL at Phaedra not even pretending to be surprised to find that Apollo's stuff was at Kandi's house.  Not even a little fake surprise, I suspect she knew that the stuff was there to begin with.

• Love 2

Really Cynthia?  She is a moron.  She likes being a victim and a martyr.  And she can always be the victim as long as she stays friends with Nene, and married to Peter.  She doesn't want a good friend, she wants a friend to treat her like shit.   Welcome back Nene.  I just fear this means that Nene is going to be a cast member next season, and if she is, I think I'm out.  I've enjoyed not having Nene be the center of the universe on this show and I don't think I can go back to all Nene all the time.

This Matt guy has a nice body, but he has crazy eyes....throw that one back Kenya!  The eyes don't lie!  

But for real, in what universe does Peter think taking on a guy with that body is going to end well for him?  And good for Kenya on calling Kim out on her crap.  Whatever Kenya is saying is no worse than the rumors already out there, so you best deal with it on the show.  

And LOL at Phaedra not even pretending to be surprised to find that Apollo's stuff was at Kandi's house.  Not even a little fake surprise, I suspect she knew that the stuff was there to begin with.

She did know. Remember, when she had her first argument with Kandi she was pissed Kandi and Todd were hiding Apollo's shit.  Which is why Kandi halfway assumed Phaedra's the one who called the feds to go get it.

• Love 3

Well then that's contrived for show drama because the Fed raid occurred after the 1st episode or 2. TMZ was talking about them storing Apollo's shit when he was in the clink. Low and behold a week later they reported the raid. So the Feds either watch the show or read TMZ. Too much a coincidence to think otherwise.

I always noticed Kandi loves to eat. And so does Riley. But when they went to family gatherings the food looked like typical type platters, nothing special and given just their zest for eating anything period I assumed it wasn't spectacular stuff. Old Lady Gang sounds like a dumb name for a restaurant. And with Joyce involved and her aunts and of course that too much Don Juan I'm not sure it'll be a smashing success. I would hate to work with Joyce or Don Juan as an employee they aren't leadership material or tolerant and think they don't have skill sets compatible with hospitality. IE humility. Can you imagine complaining about a dish or fucked up reservation and having either of them smooth things over?

• Love 3

^^its going to be one of those places with zero customer service.  Like if you say anything even remotely bad about the food you'll get yelled at.  Like you'll be getting that angry, and poorly worded response on Yelp! if you leave anything less than a 5 star review.  I'm a little tired of all the Kandi spin-offs, she is a nice woman but enough is enough.  I guess she is trying to make it so she doesn't have to support her entire family, but they aren't interesting enough for a show.

• Love 5

Did anyone else notice during the preview that ran at the end of this week's show that both Kenya and Phaedra were shown reading texts off their phones while they were driving?  And Phaedra has one of the kids strapped into a car seat behind her, no less.  Plus she seems to be executing some kind of turn or lane change.  WTH?

I would think just as a general policy Bravo would want to refrain from showing things like that.  I realize stupid people will still do stupid things regardless of what Bravo airs, but just the principle ...  oh, who am I kidding. Bravo would probably be happy to air the footage of any crash that resulted (after using it as a promo for several weeks, of course).  Because just like violence between cast members , Bravo is so against things like that and would never exploit such a thing for ratings.

I sometimes think Bravo shows acts like this (and Apollo's hidden goods) to see if the women get in trouble. It's against the law in Georgia to be looking at a phone while driving. No texting, etc. A friend of mine got pulled over when the officer saw her looking at her phone to check the GPS while she was sitting still at a stoplight.

• Love 2

Okay, this conversation about Kim's husband's sexuality is totally distasteful, but Sheree finally gives the shade that made me love her so much back in the day "...if Chris wants to run with the boys on the weekends and then come back and be a family man during the week, that's his business!"

• Love 2
^^its going to be one of those places with zero customer service.  Like if you say anything even remotely bad about the food you'll get yelled at.  Like you'll be getting that angry, and poorly worded response on Yelp! if you leave anything less than a 5 star review.  I'm a little tired of all the Kandi spin-offs, she is a nice woman but enough is enough.  I guess she is trying to make it so she doesn't have to support her entire family, but they aren't interesting enough for a show.

Are you kidding?  If you do not fawn over the food and kiss the ladies' behinds, then you are going hear your doorbell ring in the middle of the night.  There will be a bunch of old biddies on the front porch taking off their shoes getting ready to draaaaag your ass.

Kandi will be off to the side mumbling "Well, I don't know...they shouldn't be fighting like that...but they my people, so I think I'm gonna buy my mama another house."

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 3
I doubt that Joyce will actually work there, she might be in the PR stuff as a draw but I just don't see her doing any real restaurant work.  I do see her sitting in for the hiring interviews asking inane questions thou.

I doubt if doing real work is part of the life style that she has become accustomed.

• Love 5

From First Look tonight, it appears that Peter never took Cynthia to Jamaica before and never introduced her to any of his family still there. Oh, and boy does his accent come back strong when he is around his Aunt/Uncle. LOL 

• Love 3

There hasn't been any for a while, although I did see one slated to record on my DVR tomorrow.  

Yeah, I noticed there was one last night.

From First Look tonight, it appears that Peter never took Cynthia to Jamaica before and never introduced her to any of his family still there.

Yeah, I found it odd she never met them before. Why was it so dark (late) when they finally arrived at the beachside shantytown?

I am so tired of Kenya.

• Love 2

Yep, I caught the First Look last night too.  Thought it odd that Cynthia was having such a hard time articulating how she felt about her "bestie" situation.  She is a doofus!  Think maybe it was so dark cause they were down there in the fall or winter maybe?

And Kenya is ALWAYS throwing turds in the punchbowl when she doesn't get her way, feels wronged, whatever.  Just so annoying! And man! Sheree is REALLY stretching her hand out for that peach!  Goodness.  She is on the runtelldat express!!

• Love 4

From First Look tonight, it appears that Peter never took Cynthia to Jamaica before and never introduced her to any of his family still there. Oh, and boy does his accent come back strong when he is around his Aunt/Uncle. LOL 

Not only had he never taken her to Jamaica, but he hasn't seen his aunt in 18 years? Does that mean he hasn't been back in 18 years? He's supposed to be all rich and shit (snort) but he couldn't go back, or bring them over for a visit? There are plenty of cheap flights to Jamaica! That was fishy to me.

The seafood looked BOMB though.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 3

I'm sure that they had a conversation before (a few seasons ago) where Cynthia said that they went to Jamaica for their honeymoon, but they took Noelle with them... It was when they first got to Anguilla and they were talking in their room, Peter says that it's their first vacation since they got married and Cynthia replies "we went to Jamaica" then they go on to say that Noelle was in the bed between them so their Jamaica trip wasn't sexy.

Edited by PrincessTT