Type keyword(s) to search

Season 8 Spoilers, First Look Previews, Gossip, Etc.

• Start Topic

Off topic a little but hope someone can indulge just one post to answer. How do you pronounce Kim's twin girl's name? Is it spelled Kaia? I have no idea how to say it. And also, how do you pronounce Rachel Zoe's youngest son's name? It is similar, Kaius.

The hell? Is it annoy stewedsquash day? Because I just saw a name on House Hunters: Kasia? How the hell do you pronounce that while we are at it??

I swan...

1- Kaia is pronounced "Ki ya" like "tie ya"

2- Kaius is said "Ki yus" like "tie y-us"

3- kasia is said "caaasha"

• Love 2

Thank god the Moose is FINALLY GONE!!!!!!!!!!  Was there anyone left who was still a fan of that horrible person???

BUT I am so discouraged that Sheree is not full time!!!!  And why is that pathetic Porsha back?  I loathe her.  

Agree, apparently she still has fans buying her collection of peek a boo shirts and pleather leggings on QVC or HSN.  She had better hope that game show works out for her, because I still don't think Ryan Murphy is calling.

Porsha is back because Andy needs to bring the average IQ of the cast members down about 100 points.

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 5

Porsha had a football-playing boyfriend, which probably secured her a spot this season. But, she didn't realize he didn't play for Atlanta and was gone all the time, so..... :) I think Bravo & Andy were hoping for a repeat of her first season with a football player checking her all the time.

• Love 1

I just cannot sit well with a statement saying Porsha is an uneducated, violent tramp.  She had a brain fart two years ago and no one has allowed her to live it down.  She is college educated and she is intelligent enough to run a full business while working full time in two jobs.  As for the Kenya mess, Porsha was provoked at a time when she had just come off a messy divorce to say the very least, trying not to get too emotional and then be called an adulterer and stupid by the woman who had been harrassing her for nearly a year and a half.  As for the Cynthia mess, no one knows how that came about and Porsha has dismissed it as just folks drinking a little too much.  Other than finally standing up for herself she has not been any more violent than just about everyone else on the show.  as far as her being a tramp, there is no evidence of her being a tramp.  She's young and she's enjoying life and nothing more.

My view is unchanged. She is a violent, uneducated tramp who is a disgrace to Black women and her so-called legacy.

And I just read that she claims to not know who Kim Fields is??? She also likes to mock women over a certain age like she doesn't get older every year. If you have a granddaughter her age, how can you like her? To her, you're probably not relevant.

I won't watch while she's still on this show. I'm sick of the excuses for her stupidity and violence.

• Love 5

Thank god the Moose is FINALLY GONE!!!!!!!!!! Was there anyone left who was still a fan of that horrible person???

BUT I am so discouraged that Sheree is not full time!!!! And why is that pathetic Porsha back? I loathe her.

I was, and still am a fan.

• Love 5

What black person doesn't know who Kim Fields is? Porsha can miss me with the I'm so young bullshit. Kim Fields is an icon. There were very few teen stars of color in the 80s and KF was one of the biggest. Even if she missed Facts of Life there's not a black girl on the planet that hasn't seen Living Single unless you didn't grow up in the US.

Ugh 

My granddaughter is around Porsha's age and she also had no clue who Kim Fields was.  Most youngins don't know her as they are more of the digital generation than the tv group

Stop playing, Porsha. You know damned well who Kim Fields' is. You *might* not know Tootie (and I call bullshit on even that, as Logo stays showing repeats of Facts of Life) but you for SURE know Regine Hunter/Living Single. My son is 27, younger than you and doesn't even watch all that much TV, and yet can tell you who Kyle, Overton, Kadijah, Synclaire and of course my girl Max is. You stupid, but you ain't THAT stupid.

I am a few years younger and I didn't know who she was. I had to google her. And I went, and graduated, from an Ivy League school twice.

Edited by corinne
  • Love 1

I am a few years younger and I didn't know who she was. I had to google her. And I went, and graduated, from an Ivy League school twice.

I'm six years younger than her and I knew KF from watching Living Single as a kid, and had heard about her days on TFOL (though have yet to see an episode myself). I would think that most black women around her age know who KF is, but obviously not all.

Coming from Porsha, though, I'm going to assume it was feigned ignorance on her part as a feeble attempt at throwing shade. Just a hunch but something tells me she wasn't doing homework during the Martin/Living Single power hour way back when.

Edited by link417
  • Love 7

I think this is merely a cameo appearance on that one trip. I don't expect to see her much more than that. I hope. She's still last season's news to me. The general consensus on Bravo's FB page is one of "why, who cares, go away already."

• Love 1

Not surprising. While she is working regularly, she was a fool to turn down the contract they offered her which included a spin-off. She stood to make a ton of money. Not surprised she's  back and fully expect her (and Sheree) back as full-time housewives for season 9.

• Love 3

Actually Nene never said she would never come back.  She said if certain individuals left then she would make an appearance.  That certain person did leave Atlanta entirely so back Nene came but only as a guest and only between gigs

• Love 1

Actually Nene never said she would never come back.  She said if certain individuals left then she would make an appearance.  That certain person did leave Atlanta entirely so back Nene came but only as a guest and only between gigs

Who?

That certain person did leave Atlanta entirely so back Nene came but only as a guest and only between gigs

Gone but not forgotten...completely...hasn't she been to some of the ladies events?

I usually hate "one and done's" but by the end of last season I was glad Claudia was gone...it was a chore watching her go after Nene and Porsha...

Edited by CyberJawa1986
  • Love 1

Claudia tried to take her one shining moment and make a way for herself as the woman who slayed the moose.  However, when that's the only thing to recommend you,  and you're actually boring besides that....you can go.

• Love 3

A few sites are saying NeNe's trying real hard to get her peach back.  Seems the gigs she's been getting don't pay nearly as much as those sweet Bravo checks do.  If NeNe comes back as a regular cast member I'm out.  For good.  I'll just read what happens here.  I.cannot.do.Neigh.Neigh.  No ma'am.

• Love 7

Clawdia!

Ha ha! A friend and I were talking about the upcoming season and wondered how Sheree was going to get along with everyone and realized she wasn't on this season. I guess we'll never learn if she had her feet fuxed.

Um, I think NeNe will wind up weaseling her way back as a full time cast member sooner than we think.  I'd bet money on it.  Once the other random gigs dry up.

They probably won't be drying up too soon and Bravo begged for her, not the other way around.  She basically have moved on from the show and she will only be appearing on the trip to Jamaica and she is moving from Atlanta for a period for other projects.

Yeah, but I think NeNe's scrambling right now.  She is doing some other small things - a few episodes of To Tell The Truth, she was on some Lip-Syncing show for a hot minute, another hot minute on Hollywood House Husbands, a few guest shots here and there (like fill-ins ?) on Fashion Police, a temporary one-month stint on Broadway but none of those things even comes close to that tall Bravo money she was making on HWs.

Somewhere I read that NeNe was making 200K per episode on RHOA.  If that was true I can't see where any of the above temporary gigs are bringing in anything remotely close for her to even cover her monthly mortgage let alone fund the lifestyle she grew accustomed to during the height of her HW days.  Not to mention being the main breadwinner for her family.  Sorry, I just don't see it.

I think NeNe rolled the dice, quit the HW franchise thinking she'd be making big bucks but that just hasn't panned out.  I'm not saying Nene's not hustling.  She's getting all these small gigs and temporary 1 time hosting spots but its not that tall Bravo money she's used to.

I could be wrong but I thought NeNe said once she quit the HWs there was no amount of money that could bring her back.  E! Entertainment quoted the exact same thing I was thinking but now they're saying NeNe's back pedaling.  She may not come back as a full time cast member this season but I see her coming back the following season as more than just a "friend of".  And I hope she does because I want Sheree to knock NeNe down about 5,000 pegs.

• Love 8

They probably won't be drying up too soon and Bravo begged for her, not the other way around.  She basically have moved on from the show and she will only be appearing on the trip to Jamaica and she is moving from Atlanta for a period for other projects.

Can you cite which link says that Bravo was begging for her to come back? I've not seen that anywhere. Because as beesknees said:

NeNe said once she quit the HWs there was no amount of money that could bring her back.  E! Entertainment quoted the exact same thing I was thinking but now they're saying NeNe's back pedaling.

Even Bravo said she quit. I am more inclined to believe she quit, got her bank statement, called her agent, got another bank statement, freaked out at the balance and started scrambling.

• Love 9

Yeah, NeNe's been hitting up every single HW party, gig, appearance she can get her hands on, and posting endless pics to stay in Bravo's orbit.  And hmmmm, just think, only 4 mos. ago she was saying she was done with the HW franchise because she didn't need to feed into the negative, toxic drama (and/or) the negative, toxic vibe with the other ladies.  You know, 'cause she was all above that....   I'll just quote Khandi Burrus - "Dat's some BULLSHIT".

Some place mentioned that it was rumored NeNe paid for her own ticket to Jamaica (went on her own dime, not Bravo's, to appear on camera) but I do think Bravo paid for NeNe's ticket and paid her to appear on camera to stir the pot.  I just want Sheree and/or Marlo to appear on camera at some point to whip ass.

Another bone of contention for me - Um, so now NeNe is Phaedra's friend all of a sudden?  Was the point of the Jamaica trip to celebrate Phaedra's birthday? (or did I get that wrong).  Last time I checked NeNe hated the Head Doctor, no?

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 2

Another bone of contention for me - Um, so now NeNe is Phaedra's friend all of a sudden?  Was the point of the Jamaica trip to celebrate Phaedra's birthday? (or did I get that wrong).  Last time I checked NeNe hated the Head Doctor, no?

Yes, but only until it was more convenient to be her "friend" because they had a common enemy in Kenya and because Nene's only other "friend", Cynthia, had joined the other "team".

• Love 3

Yes, but only until it was more convenient to be her "friend" because they had a common enemy in Kenya and because Nene's only other "friend", Cynthia, had joined the other "team".

Nene never said she hated Phaedra, she only said Phaedra was getting into her personal family affairs which I have noticed Nene is very private about.  The common factor to their friendship is both have been abused and wronged by someone they cared very much about and that is what drew them and Porsha close together.  Kenya was not the reason Nene became friends with Phaedra.  There is also signs showing that Nene and Cynthia are beginning to be friends (but not close) again.

As for Bravo asking for Nene, there are at least three sites that state that fact on is Reality Tea and the other is Straight from the A, the third, I surfed into and can't remember the site.  It is also discussed all over facebook as well.  Bravo brought her back (but only for guest appearances) and Carlos King was not very happy about it as they went over his head to bring her back.  Also it is rumored that none of the present HW's knew she would appear and Kenya for one was in shock about it and refused to take a picture with her in the group shot.  On her site, she states that she is only there for the Jamaican trip and only because it is between her finishing up her stint for the game show and before she goes to Broadway for Chicago.

• Love 2

Nene never said she hated Phaedra, she only said Phaedra was getting into her personal family affairs which I have noticed Nene is very private about.  The common factor to their friendship is both have been abused and wronged by someone they cared very much about and that is what drew them and Porsha close together.  Kenya was not the reason Nene became friends with Phaedra.  There is also signs showing that Nene and Cynthia are beginning to be friends (but not close) again.

As for Bravo asking for Nene, there are at least three sites that state that fact on is Reality Tea and the other is Straight from the A, the third, I surfed into and can't remember the site.  It is also discussed all over facebook as well.  Bravo brought her back (but only for guest appearances) and Carlos King was not very happy about it as they went over his head to bring her back.  Also it is rumored that none of the present HW's knew she would appear and Kenya for one was in shock about it and refused to take a picture with her in the group shot.  On her site, she states that she is only there for the Jamaican trip and only because it is between her finishing up her stint for the game show and before she goes to Broadway for Chicago.

Aging Goth, I got you... the 3rd site that said Bravo begged Nene to come back was TMZ.  Also your Clawdia spelling makes me giggle every time I see it.  Oh my Gosh!  Seriously.  I am more Team Claudia/Clawdia than you are but I swear, I totally forgot about her already as some other posters mentioned up thread.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 2

I have no clue whether nene quit or got fired, but quitting this show is the dumbest thing one could do. It's easy money. EASY.  Sit in a room and drink with people you may like, loe or hate? Sign me up.  I have to do that sober at my current job for much less money.

And I can't imagine Nene really though roles would roll in for her and make up for this paycheck...she didn't even quit the show when she was booked on an actual Sitcom.

• Love 9

As for Bravo asking for Nene, there are at least three sites that state that fact on is Reality Tea and the other is Straight from the A, the third, I surfed into and can't remember the site.  It is also discussed all over facebook as well.

I find this information highly suspect because it all could have been leaked by Nene, who I don't think is above trying to sway public opinion to her side by leaking information to the press.  And unless the FB post came from Andy Cohen himself I wouldn't put my trust into anything on FB either.  Nene knows that she looks foolish for leaving a guaranteed paycheck for an uncertain future and so I can totally understand her wanting to put it out there that Bravo is begging her.  But  Bravo wasn't willing to beg her to come back as a full time cast member and they seemed pretty willing to let her go without much of a fight, so I don't see why they would beg her for any time at all since they were perfectly willing to cut ties with her.  I wonder if they didn't have a contingency plan in the works for a while now.  

She has moved on from the show to???  A month long job in Chicago?  A game show that I'm still not sure has been picked up?

If I was trying to figure out who "begged" who, I would look at the situation.  Nene has a certain lifestyle that she wants to maintain.  I don't think that lifestyle can be maintained with various temporary gigs.  And the longer she is off of TV, the more likely people are to forget about her.  She wasn't willing to leave a guaranteed paycheck even when she had two network shows that she was working on.  And she was a regular on those shows.  She still wasn't willing to leave RHOA.  

Yet we're supposed to believe that she was willing to leave when she had no safety net?  So far, she has gotten FP (not permanent, AFAIK), Chicago (a month), and this game show that I haven't heard being picked up.  Oh, I think she may also have another temporary gig in Vegas.

She has a lifestyle she wants to maintain, but she is thinking she can do it with temporary work and gigs that may not turn into anything?  That doesn't make much sense to me.  

On the other hand, Bravo almost immediately found Marlo and Sheree and cast them and created a buzz around season 8 with Kim Fields.  There are a lot of people on various boards who claim that they won't watch once the new season starts, but there were also a lot of fans of Sheree that are happy she is back and want to see her.  

It doesn't look like Bravo needs Nene, nearly as much as Nene needs Bravo's steady paycheck.

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 6

Is she really?  Both of her sons have been on the show and we have seen her personal family drama played out on the show.  Especially when it supports Nene being in the right.  

A few sites are saying NeNe's trying real hard to get her peach back.  Seems the gigs she's been getting don't pay nearly as much as those sweet Bravo checks do.  If NeNe comes back as a regular cast member I'm out.  For good.  I'll just read what happens here.  I.cannot.do.Neigh.Neigh.  No ma'am.

I hope thats not the case because I think if she manages to worm her way back onto the show she will be absolutely insufferable.  Even more so than she is now.

• Love 2

My best guess is that NeNe was clearly dialing it in last season, looked bored most of the time, so when she said she was done... Bravo said "good riddance to bad rubbish." From what I've read on Facebook and other chat sites, the majority of people don't want NeNe back. We'll never know the truth, but from the outside it looks like she's realized she screwed up royally by biting the hand that fed her.

• Love 4

My best guess is that NeNe was clearly dialing it in last season, looked bored most of the time, so when she said she was done... Bravo said "good riddance to bad rubbish." From what I've read on Facebook and other chat sites, the majority of people don't want NeNe back. We'll never know the truth, but from the outside it looks like she's realized she screwed up royally by biting the hand that fed her.

I agree -- I think it went down just like that, because that makes sense to me.  Never in her life should she have let RHOA go.  Most of the gigs Nene gets are because of her status as a RH.  She isn't cast for her great natural talent or her deep experience in acting/fashion/game show hosting.  She is cast because she is a reality show personality.  Once she is off that reality show and people don't associate her with the show, the reason for giving her to other jobs starts to dry up.

• Love 3

I will always call Kim "Tootie", I can't help it. Is it just me, or did all the veterans seem bored with the whole thing? No energy.

I agree, maybe they told them all to keep it a little more low key.  Kim needs to meet with Miss Lawrence or Derek J immediately to address the issue of her hair.  It looks positively awful.  There are very few women that can rock a blond, curly weave/wig..and she is not one of them.

I find this information highly suspect because it all could have been leaked by Nene, who I don't think is above trying to sway public opinion to her side by leaking information to the press.  And unless the FB post came from Andy Cohen himself I wouldn't put my trust into anything on FB either.  Nene knows that she looks foolish for leaving a guaranteed paycheck for an uncertain future and so I can totally understand her wanting to put it out there that Bravo is begging her.  But  Bravo wasn't willing to beg her to come back as a full time cast member and they seemed pretty willing to let her go without much of a fight, so I don't see why they would beg her for any time at all since they were perfectly willing to cut ties with her.  I wonder if they didn't have a contingency plan in the works for a while now.

This!!! All day and twice on Sundays. Ain't nobody begged Nene to bring her ass back. She realized she gave up an easy paycheck trying to go for the damned squeeze play, and got squooze./Honeymooners. I also join the chorus who fervently hope that her return is accompanied by much reading by Marlow and to the extent she can without it bouncing back on her; Shereee. Hearing them tear her is the only thing that will make her return to my screen worthwhile.

• Love 6

This!!! All day and twice on Sundays. Ain't nobody begged Nene to bring her ass back. She realized she gave up an easy paycheck trying to go for the damned squeeze play, and got squooze./Honeymooners. I also join the chorus who fervently hope that her return is accompanied by much reading by Marlow and to the extent she can without it bouncing back on her; Shereee. Hearing them tear her is the only thing that will make her return to my screen worthwhile.

LMAO @ "got squooze"

It would be funny to watch her get read....now that she isn't a permanent cast member they may not be afraid of her at all.  Actually, now that you mention it I'm looking forward to it.

• Love 5

Cynthia looks amazing in her TH....good for her.  I think she heard people about how awful she looked last year and I hope she is fixing it.  She will never get a backbone about Peter and that just shows by how comfortable he is feeding her that BS story about how that girl was just his friend and Cynthia shouldn't be upset because the girl clearly isn't interested in Peter.

Second clip.....LMAO  I guess its gonna be Kenya vs. Sheree!  Oh the shade of it all!

• Love 3

It was always a dream of mine that Sheree/Kenya would team up to go against NeNe, now that dream is dead. But I do get a laugh at how NeNe couldn't manage to stay away from all these "negative women" for 1 full season. Especially with those NBC checks.

• Love 2

I find this information highly suspect because it all could have been leaked by Nene, who I don't think is above trying to sway public opinion to her side by leaking information to the press.  And unless the FB post came from Andy Cohen himself I wouldn't put my trust into anything on FB either.  Nene knows that she looks foolish for leaving a guaranteed paycheck for an uncertain future and so I can totally understand her wanting to put it out there that Bravo is begging her.  But  Bravo wasn't willing to beg her to come back as a full time cast member and they seemed pretty willing to let her go without much of a fight, so I don't see why they would beg her for any time at all since they were perfectly willing to cut ties with her.  I wonder if they didn't have a contingency plan in the works for a while now.  

She has moved on from the show to???  A month long job in Chicago?  A game show that I'm still not sure has been picked up?

If I was trying to figure out who "begged" who, I would look at the situation.  Nene has a certain lifestyle that she wants to maintain.  I don't think that lifestyle can be maintained with various temporary gigs.  And the longer she is off of TV, the more likely people are to forget about her.  She wasn't willing to leave a guaranteed paycheck even when she had two network shows that she was working on.  And she was a regular on those shows.  She still wasn't willing to leave RHOA.  

Yet we're supposed to believe that she was willing to leave when she had no safety net?  So far, she has gotten FP (not permanent, AFAIK), Chicago (a month), and this game show that I haven't heard being picked up.  Oh, I think she may also have another temporary gig in Vegas.

On the other hand, Bravo almost immediately found Marlo and Sheree and cast them and created a buzz around season 8 with Kim Fields.  There are a lot of people on various boards who claim that they won't watch once the new season starts, but there were also a lot of fans of Sheree that are happy she is back and want to see her.  

It doesn't look like Bravo needs Nene, nearly as much as Nene needs Bravo's steady paycheck.

You better come git this microphone.

She has a lifestyle she wants to maintain, but she is thinking she can do it with temporary work and gigs that may not turn into anything?  That doesn't make much sense to me.

Listen, I need for someone to tell me why it's even necessary for her to be stressing a paycheck at this point.   $200K per episode?  Shouldn't every penny she makes be discretiondamnary income right now?   Shouldn't 3 episodes have taken care of the McMansion, Chrysler 300 and each identical pair of nude/glitter/black platform looboos she's got?  Like one of you made $1.2M in six months in a market where 5 bedroom houses are $100K.  What. The. Hell.

I agree, maybe they told them all to keep it a little more low key.  Kim needs to meet with Miss Lawrence or Derek J immediately to address the issue of her hair.  It looks positively awful.  There are very few women that can rock a blond, curly weave/wig..and she is not one of them.

Girl I'm gone need them to enroll Miss Tootie right away.  I saw a picture of her out at some walk the carpet/pose in front of this logo event and she looked like I do every Sat'iday morning before I feed the goldfish.  Like, shit you not, Madonna tie head scarf, graphic print spandex pants and stretchy Rainbow turtleneck.  Those are I'm-just-finna-run-to-the-post-office-before-10am-clothes, not bitch-I'm-Miss- Norma-Desmond-and-you're-breathing-too-closely-on-the-tafetta-clothes.   She need all the help, Ike.   Gone have to leave her alone about her hair because natural chicks struggles are real. I just hope that it's healthy. 

Porsha's on that bullshit.   I've heard her reference Jimmie Walker (in context) before.  Bish if you know who Jimmie Walker is, please saddown somewhere about some who is Kim Fields.

This man said - "they slowed the tape down on me."  and  "it's not what it looked like"  ::closedfistonforehead::  muffucah what it looked like is you caressing another woman's clavicle then letting your hand make a trail to her areola.    I know you should never judge a woman unless you've walked in her shoes, but ya'll?  for real?  How it looks to the other women is the honest to God primary concern?   I was really waiting for him to say I could've f'd her if I wanted to ™A. Nida.

Kenya and the messiness.  Sigh.  Why is anyone ever tempted to respond though?  

• Love 5